The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd eyeing Turkish sensation Sahin

tribalfooball.com - July 09, 2006

Manchester United are eyeing Turkey's 17 year-old midfield sensation Nuri Sahin.

United are being linked with a move for the £6m German-born midfielder at Borussia Dortmund who names Cristiano Ronaldo as his No 1 player.

Sahin is understood to be keen a trying his hand in the Premiership and United's need for a playmaker and goalscorer in midfield could see him as a young heir to Roy Keane.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this kid meant to be the heir to a Roy Keane that played for us?

Because that description is nothing like the one I know... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is the next Keane. And was born in Germany, so no work permit

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why not go in for Reo-Coker btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why indeed. Seems to have completely disappeared off the radar but I'm sure we could get him cheaper than Carrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

United arnt sponsored by Jaffa cakes, I know someone who actually wrote to McVities to find out as he loves them just after the takeover icon_biggrin.gif

Got a text off someone at the game who said behind the goal, with the anti-Glazer banner there may of been a bit of trouble with police and stewards, anyone see that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saw a LUHG banner and a Make Glazer History one, didn't see any aggro though.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I might hunt down John O'Shea and actually cripple him, just so Fergie doesn't even consider thinking "well, we can make do with John for the season". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a cripple didnt stop Fergie picking him for the last couple of seasons?

From the Gary McAllister write up in the scouse thread

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">His medal collection was boosted further before the year was out as he helped Liverpool to success in the Charity Shield and Super Cup, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beautiful icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

****s sake scatter. Can't you follow the example (almost)everyone else managed to do?

surname number

surname number </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, i didn't really read anyone else's. icon_biggrin.gif

Cantona - 10

Solskjaer - 9

Giggs - 8

McClair - 7

Scholes - 6

Strachan - 5

Schmeichel - 4

Sheringham - 3

Hughes - 2

Neville - 1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

the best things that could happen in the next week before the deadline is -

1) gallas leaves chelsea (to a foreign club, not arsenal)

2) we get senna/hargreaves.

then its on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

keano with kidd as assitant to sunderland would be pretty icon_cool.gif too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hate sunderland. its bad enough i have to start liking them now, but good luck to royston icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I neither come from or live in Birmingham thankyouverymuch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it somewhere worse than that? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Just been on a few Newcastle forums and they arent happy. None of them have seen Rossi so dont rate him and dont like the fact that if he does well for them it only helps us in the long run. icon_biggrin.gif

Are Newcastle some major rival of ours that i just didnt know about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like so many clubs we consider irrelevant, they love to think there's a massive rivalry between us. Sweet really :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you'll find that it's the jonny-cum-latelys amongst our ranks (post Keegan) who consider you lot to be major rivals. Some even think you's are the real enemy and not Sunderland. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only they knew Sunderland were the enemy and that Rossi netted against them last season in a 3-1 Prem win.

I'm optimistic for the Spurs game, seeing that their form dipped since the loss of Carrick to us.

However it may be the first time our defence is truly tested with Berbatov and Keane. If it were near anything as bad as against Watford we may have problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh.dear.me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBF his dancing is better than his footballing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'd never guess

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok my votes:

MOTM: Vidic: Thought he was outstanding and am entirely comfortable with him being in our defence.

Runner-up: Evra: Seems to grow in confidence by the game and continues to impress me despite the odd lapse, which as he learns more and more about the defensive side of the game, should be largely eradicated. So good going forward, Heinze will have a job getting his place back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motm: Scholes

Runner up: Rooney

think its a bit of a easy vote to give motm to defenders as it was against a weak opposition who hardly threatened, vidic was comfortable but he should've been against the opposition. Its like giving him a man of the match for not ****ing up to allow them to score? I thought he was good too, but i expected him to be good against the opposition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

you don't deserve to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif May I ask why? Just applied, expecting the result to be unsuccessful on thursday though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you applied for every domestic away game this season?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It's been a year and a day since smudger got snapped in 8 icon_frown.gif

MON SMUDGER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happened in february didnt it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Serious post I promise icon_smile.gif...

I'm not sure home grown solves this problem.

The fans/media don't want players to have especially come from their clubs youth academy, they want English players.

For example, if all of a (English) clubs players were home grown but from France, fans would still be upset no?

Let's look at Arsenal, a team generally known for playing foreign players (not that imo I care but nevermind)

Home grown players (or will be classed as HG in the next 2 years):

Cesc Fàbregas

Philippe Senderos

Mathieu Flamini - I think will become one in 2 years having signed when he was about 19

Johan Djourou

Gaël Clichy

Jérémie Aliadière

Armand Traoré

(Players who will become HG if Arsenal keep them)

Nicklas Bendtner

Arturo Lupoli

Francisco Merida Perez

and every foreigner in their U18 squad

So say the rules come in you have to have 4-5 HG players per matchday squad - Arsenal could easily do it, and it's still not really going to do what the rule was intended to do (i.e. encourage English players to play) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's just those rules Fergie is suggesting need changing though Franny.

He's saying that the bigger clubs would be more inclined to try and nurture better talented players if they were able to get players from anywhere in the country.

If you look at it, there are quite a few clubs now, who aren't investing enough in Youth Talent, so the pool dries up. The smaller clubs just cannot afford the investment, therefore some areas of the country are left without a decent club the kids can go to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However, Real striker Van Nistelrooy admits prising Ronaldo away from United could prove to be a problem.

"He is a very good player despite being only 22 years old. The best in the world," Van Nistelrooy told Spanish radio station Cadena SER.

"Physically and technically he has learned a lot.

"For me it would be good if he came here. But it will be difficult to get Manchester United to let him escape."

Van Nistelrooy added: "In training (at United) everything was good. There was chemistry."

Ronaldo is currently in talks with The Red Devils about extending his current contract, which expires in 2010, through 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off you horsed face twat

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt realise Rio apologised so much for kicking the ball into the womans face. Commentator on FF saying hes just gone into the crowd to apologise in person 10 minutes after he hit her. Thats after apologising a few times with the hand every few mins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't go into the crowd. he did come over loads though and had a laugh with her at full-time.

talking of full-time, god i hate the way people leave early in situations like that. the team have worked their arses off and played a blinder, they deserve a full stadium applauding them off. 'koff part-timers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Would love to have seen Richardsons reaction at beiong subbed at half time.

Fergie done that to anyone else this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should've took him off earlier tbh, I wouldn't be suprised if he never played for us against, I bet Fergie was livid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I thought Brown did well considering he had Larry, Curley and Moe playing alongside him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Better not mean Fletch - he's the new O'Shea - only good.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunob:

sorry for going off topic, but i just bought a man u jersey the other day, do you guys think they will keep the same jersey next season? i hope so its the best looking jersey i have seen in awhile. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think any professional sports team keeps the jersey the same every year. Why do that when you can get the diehards buying your new:

Home.

Away.

3rd.

Champions League.

Retro.

jerseys every year, at the low low price of £39.99 each.

fake edit - I just looked up their site, they shockingly, are not on the retro bandwagon. Missing out there glazer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except for these special edition ***** like the current one we have which cant be put out every season you have to keep each shirt for a minimum of two seasons.

And shirt prices havent seen £40 a long long time.

To Brunob. Just because the club will change their shirts next season doesnt mean you have to buy a new one or stop wearing the one you just bought. I enjoyed wearing our 02/03 long after we brought out a new one. If i like a shirt i wear it regardless of whether its up to date or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick - 64

davidbowie - 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

mark g 52

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, I think that's everyone. If you're not in, quote the above and add yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would help if someone spelt my name right icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just not good enough, again. won't be overly arsed if we go on and win the league (and the cup as well ideally), as long as we genuinely do learn for next year. and strengthen, it's clear we're just not good enough on this stage in several areas and as much as Rooney/Ronaldo disappointed tonight, you can't expect them to dig you out of a hole when your senior players are massively below par. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please, they are senior players ffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Chaps, this cricket thing...I've save us from ec7.

Thinking about going 442. With Nick in the hole, stick BBB in goal and Gillespie at LBITCR. All OK with you lot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't leave me out, i'm going to be the $6m cricketer, remember? They have the technology, they can rebuild me.

feck off greg icon_biggrin.gif

ali, what do you want 10k for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To fund me doing a masters in Governance and Public Policy. I've managed to save enough to cover the £5k fees, but then it's the, you know, actual living for a year that I'm a bit worried about.

I could easily get a graduate or career development loan, but given that my brother currently earns £105,000 a year and already owns his 8 bedroom house, I thought I'd ask him first and hopefully persuade him to give me a much lower interest rate and a 12 month delay before starting repayments.

He's a bastard, my brother. Only got 4 O levels and all icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

It's standard procedure. If they don't meet the initial requirement the work permit is rejected. Then we appeal and they give special dispensation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While it's not unusual, let's not forget that they can give dispensation, but they can also refuse. For example, Mark Gonzalez didn't get it, even when he'd met the 75% criteria but Chile were outside the worlds top 75.

While i think it's likely, it's not a foregone conclusion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

after all my hard work to rig the vote so James beat Nick too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i knew it

Archived