The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

right Joe, ticket's yours if you want it icon14.gif

will pick it up from the TO a few hours before kickoff tomorrow. any idea how you're planning on getting over there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as Mart now knows i've checked my passport and its bloody gone and expired icon_mad.gif

Sorry pal!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nikos:

It's okay, guys. You may have no defenders, but we have only Beattie up front - Vaughan, Anichebe and AJ all struggling to be fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Duncan Ferguson still play for your lot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We thought about bringing him out of retirement for one game but he wanted a year's wages in backpay. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

no penalties at OT iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here, I'm a bit confused.

Penalty because JOS clattered somebody ?

Or penalty because Scholesy "caught the ball" ?

Or neither ? Or both ?

So many moans today. icon_biggrin.gif I'll have to watch the damn game agin. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

doubt it tbh. usually go to the railway. that anywhere near the wall? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What ? The club ?

Come and say hello, one day ?

Though, tbf, I don't stay there long normally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

doubt it tbh. usually go to the railway. that anywhere near the wall? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What ? The club ?

Though, tbf, I don't stay there long normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the club. think it's called the railway anyway? only been there a few times. but will be coming up for most home games next season with a bit of luck, so I'll definitely come and meet you lot. the coach always gets there about 4 hours before k/o, so plenty of time for a drink.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

What ? The club ?

Though, tbf, I don't stay there long normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the club. think it's called the railway anyway? only been there a few times. but will be coming up for most home games next season with a bit of luck, so I'll definitely come and meet you lot. the coach always gets there about 4 hours before k/o, so plenty of time for a drink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my coach is normally first in every time. icon_smile.gif

Always stop in the Railway club for one/two, and then move to the Traff. Only then do the locals turn up and it's time to move on to the wall.

It's not too far to walk. Even I can manage that far. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie turns up drunk quite often, a few rums icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderate that a tad, young sir. Drunk is a bit strong, I think you'll find. icon_frown.gif

Just looking at these stats

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Passers Team Passes Accuracy

Fabregas Arsenal 2416 82%

Scholes Man Utd 1881 91%

Alonso Liverpool 1852 81%

Gilberto Arsenal 1778 82%

Lampard Chelsea 1712 79%

</pre>

Thats pretty bloody amazing from Scholes, even if Cesc has made more passes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

last i saw Scholesy and Carrick were pretty much level-pegging percentage-wise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm right in assuming Scholes tries more ambitious passes though no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Any of you lot want to come to FCs last game on the season on saturday?

Watch the Everton game in pub then head to Gigg Lane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't the FC game an early kickoff as well? sure i saw it was in the newsletter.

if not, maybe. although probably not, lack of funds ftl

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Any of you lot want to come to FCs last game on the season on saturday?

Watch the Everton game in pub then head to Gigg Lane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't the FC game an early kickoff as well? sure i saw it was in the newsletter.

if not, maybe. although probably not, lack of funds ftl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No 3 o'clock

Should be a good day with United on in the morn then title celebrations

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

last i saw Scholesy and Carrick were pretty much level-pegging percentage-wise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm right in assuming Scholes tries more ambitious passes though no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes and no. he plays an awful lot quick one-touch passes as well as the more adventurous stuff. Carrick probably plays more ambitious passes i reckon, just he maybe completes half of them and can sometimes try passes that aren't on, whereas Scholesy rarely wastes a long pass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Except against Boro when he kept trying that long-range pass but it just wasn't coming off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, although he hit a peach for the goal ofc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Just wondering if any of you Manc lot go to the Masters Football at the M.E.N.

We're in this year.

Could have a mini-meetup before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haven't before, picked up a leaflet for it when i was the MEN last week though, might well do it this year. anything to fill the summer football drought. Sharpey's playing for us as well iirc icon_cool.gif

Except against Boro when he kept trying that long-range pass but it just wasn't coming off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well his first long range pass worked icon_biggrin.gif

see you there.

went a few years ago, really enjoyed it.

when is it dude? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 30 June. Wigan, Man U, Man C, Bolton this year.

Got my tickets a few weeks back icon_cool.gif

Was going to ask then but forgot. Only remembered when i read on our official website that Colin Greenall was our first player to be confirmed to be playing.

is it likely to sell out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt it. According to the Ticketmaster site, when i bought the tickets, only the first tier is open. Even then, when i've watched it on TV, it only looks half full.

Can probably pay on the day i would think

Archived