Slogans that will be placed on the national teams' buses

PMLF

They seem to have mistranslated the Ivory Coast one, a more literal translation would be:

"The Elephants towards the conquest of Brazil."

Brazil's one is not a wrong translation, but in Portuguese we have specific words for winning twice, 3 times, etc... so the translation makes the Brazilian slogan look a bit generic.

Hexa there is short for hexacampeonato referring to winning a competition 6 times.

Australia: Hopping our way into History

Yes, there are kangeroos there, we get it but you don't have to put kangeroos on everything, you know!

CHI CHI CHI!, LE LE LE! Go Chile.

Chile haven't even tried :D

Enjoy it, Reds!

South Korea too ... yeah, you know, have a good time guys

The Belgian slogan has been mistranslated in flemish fgs :D

They translated it literally from French the idiots. It was as easy as a literal translation from English, but no, they had to use the French line. French NEVER translates well into flemish literally.

The Belgian slogan has been mistranslated in flemish fgs :D

They translated it literally from French the idiots. It was as easy as a literal translation from English, but no, they had to use the French line. French NEVER translates well into flemish literally.

yea ffs. Fifa are such a bunch of *******

I like how ours sounds like it's from Game of Thrones in English :D

wp Netherlands.

Cameroon's obviously should have been "Hear me roar" or "A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep". Missed opportunity. :/

I think most slogans suffer a bit from the English translation, where in their original language there's a bit of rhyme to it.

They're still cheesy as **** though. :D

Australia: Hopping our way into History

Yes, there are kangeroos there, we get it but you don't have to put kangeroos on everything, you know!

CHI CHI CHI!, LE LE LE! Go Chile.

Chile haven't even tried :D

It's the fans of the world that are to blame though. This was open (worldwide IIRC) to suggestions for slogans for each team and then someone at FIFA picked 3 for each team and held a poll at the FIFA website where these won.

I did the poll and there where quite a few more cringeworthy that these. :D

Are those slogan polls actually real?

The Belgian FA have said that FIFA gave them five suggestions for slogans. They rejected them all because they were silly, and instead suggested one of their own. FIFA obviously went ahead with their own slogan. But they did suggest five of them, so I'm assuming if the Belgian FA had said "we'd like that one", they probably would have just chosen that one.

It's the fans of the world that are to blame though. This was open (worldwide IIRC) to suggestions for slogans for each team and then someone at FIFA picked 3 for each team and held a poll at the FIFA website where these won.

I did the poll and there where quite a few more cringeworthy that these. :D

The Australia one makes more sense then, if Aussie people were responsible for voting

They translated that one ('not in our house') too literally.

Casa does literally mean house, but in that case it was used in the sense of 'home'.

Archived