Steaton's 'Total Annihilation' 4231 - v14.3.1 - Finally Nailed It - Plug and Play

I am using this tactic with Viking in Norway. I find it is a very finely balanced tactic, in that if you make any changes to the mentality or positional arrangements the opposition can tear you apart very quickly.

With mixed success I have notched the mentality down to Control and changed the DLP to Defend when I am leading, which seems to reduce the opposition's chances and helps my team retain possession a little better. By no means completely solid though.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am using this tactic with Viking in Norway. I find it is a very finely balanced tactic, in that if you make any changes to the mentality or positional arrangements the opposition can tear you apart very quickly.

With mixed success I have notched the mentality down to Control and changed the DLP to Defend when I am leading, which seems to reduce the opposition's chances and helps my team retain possession a little better. By no means completely solid though.

Thanks I'll give it a try

it did well against weaker team, consistently banging 2~5 goals,

4AtSUxH.png

but not so well against team that are similar/better than you(which is perfectly normal),

AV7Q3uf.png

Team got demoted and eventually end up getting sacked in January 2017.

A bit disappointed because i had high expectation on it and was expecting "Total Annihilation" with this tactic:P

Nevertheless, it is still a pretty solid tactic,

the idea of safer pass and lesser risky pass do actually increase your chance to get more goal is something i learnt from this tactic

Wow - just tried this with my Stoke team and we scored 2 goals in the first 14 minutes. Unfortunately, both offsides. But a MASSIVE improvement over what I'd been able to cobble together thus far (playing Derby in Sky Bet Championship).

We won our first game 2-1 with the go-ahead goal scored in the 93rd minute. We'll see how she works out over the season - thank you!

One thing - I loaded your tactic and it differs from the pic on the front page by having the CMR as an AP(S) in the tactic vs a DLP(S) which is pictured.

Does this matter? (I'm in AUG 2015 - started with Columbus Crew, got QPR job, sacked by them and then hired as Stoke last year - made it to the Promotion Playoff but lost 3-2 in aggregate)

Just pounded Exeter 7-0 in the Capital One Cup. 26 shots, 14 on target, 63% possession and 5 fouls. To their 2 shots, 0 on target, 37% possession and 6 fouls.

This tactic has been, for me, an unbridled success. Only real change was I had them do Attacking vs Standard.

Finished the Sky Bet Championship in 1st place with -gasp- 100 points. 23 clear of 2nd place. The team also scored over 100 goals in the season. We clinched promotion with 6 games to go and clinched the Championship with 5 to go. It was absolutely astonishing to watch. We went 30W 10D 6L with a +57 GD. Will Keane, Danny Drinkwater, Break Shea, Mikkel Diskerud and Butland were absolutely stellar.

I've taken a few screenshots and put them in my Flickr album - https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybrslydr/sets/72157642206872045/

As noted I was starting a new save to use this with a low end team. I did a five season vacation to start and then started looking for a job at that point. I took charge of Motala AIF in the Swedish Second Division NG (rated #109 in Europe). We took over mid table. We are now 12 W, 4 D, 4 L with 40 points and a +16 goal differential and sitting 2nd in the table, just 1 point behind Vimmerby.

What's funny is the e-mail (media) notice that I got after my most recent match. The title of the e-mail is LeBlanc means goals. The article is short but states that Motala has seen plenty of goals since my arrival (began using this tactic in my first match even though the team was awkward). It continues that MAIF have scored 49 goals since my arrival but the "teams sometimes woeful defending has ensured that their supporters can never sit back and relax".

The club was 2-2-2 in friendlies and then 0-1-1 in the first two league matches.

I lost my first match to Vimmerby (1st position). We then went 3-1-1, losing 1-3 to Lindsdal. We would start a 8 match streak without a loss before suffering a 3 goal collapse late, losing 2-4 with three goals being conceded late in the match.

We do have five clean sheets in league games however.

Again, very happy with the performance of the tactics results wise. And any tactic that would ensure you go unbeaten for multiple seasons would not be very realistic and likely be a break of the ME. So from that point I'm happy as well, it's not a "perfect" tactic but just darn good.

Six matches left for the title and 1 point to make up.

NEW VERSION 3 - Tested To Death - Definately better than TA v1, TA v2 or Invincible

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83zv4hjbq3ur5e7/Steaton's_TA3.tac

How does it work: Well I've removed pass into space because it improved passing, I have removed retain possession in favour of work ball into box because this results in getting it forward faster but then making the opportunity count. And I've set to play wider which historically I found improved defence weakened attack but in this tactic doesnt seem to impact wingers but I think the gap on the outside of the defender was more dangerous than a gap in the middle as it happens more often and the GK is better placed to save. The box to box midfielder is essential because it works with the work ball into box (watch him on full match he makes good passes from deep gets involved a little but makes crazy runs forward on ball all the time) however on average rating the player won't get credit for his importance in the tactic, don't as some other have advised be tempted to use a DLP becuase this not only decreases the chance to score but also is weaker defensivesly. Play it plug and play for best results.

Remember team management through teams talks, training is no different than normal but if you get it wrong or if your team is not gelled (tactic familiarity less important than player familiarity with teammates - e.g. new players always struggle a bit team talks are vital for them) or dont get fitness / cohesion / tactical training right pre-season then thats a problem otherwise this is a top no cheating tactic that is plug and play.

Wingers

I've found that amazing crossers (i.e. 19 or 20) and fast do very well but not sure if it translates that all wingers need good crossing. Cuts inside nice to have too as a PPM.

Striker

Works with great strikers both fast strikers and target men so go for the best one you can get, but if you happen to be fortunate to get one with top notch Strength, Anticipation, Jumping, Teamwork (movement and power presence) then other things such as technique, finishing, first touch, dribbling, pace, acceleration, agility, balance, composure don't matter so much, he will do what need to be done which is get into the right position to recieve the cross and be powerful enough to be the one who wins the dice roll and bangs it in from close range - only gets one touch so other stats not so important (though of course if he is amazing all round then even better). The fast striker however does get loads of chances to beat the offside trap or to play the AMC in so players that cant jump/heading can still work but they need to be

Train target men with 'gets into opposition area' PPM.

Train fast striker with 'likes to beat the offside trap' PMM

(Movement stuff is where its at for strikers of course)

Goalkeepers

No less than 8 on pace accel anything near there or above is ok < 6 forget it (many regens are too low in this even though they otherwise look amazing) - otherwise just make sure they are are great GK with obvious judment of stats - judge him on two rating abilty:

- Saves/Dives standing on the line (agility, reflexes, positioning, one-on-ones, concentration)

- Sweeper keeper stuff (command of area, rushing out, composure, communication, teamwork, acceleration, handling)

Full Backs

You want very attacking and fast full backs with good fitness and can get away with poor ariel ability. Crossing, fast, stamina, marking, positioning, tackling can be a bit low you get away with a 12 or 14 I think.

Centre Backs

I love to have fast ones with good anticipation, jumping more important than tackiling, and I like the positioning, concentration and most of all marking (though marking can be trained high it one of the few stats that really moves during training).

Box to Box

This is the tough position to fill need to be good off the ball - vital to the tactic balance I tried every other setting and know because the avg rating not show you how important he is to overall tactic. (Getting in the way to force a bad pass or pull a defender out of poisition is not recognised by the engine yet still gives results.

I think stamina is very important here then team working, first touch, pace, anticipation, creativity, work rate, passing - basically hard working, off the ball (but off the ball stat is for the AMC) and good fitness but if you can get some good movement PPMs like arrive late in box then that's a winner or switches ball to other flank can work well too. Not important that they can head the ball as they typically cause all the trouble in front of the typical heading zone.

Attacking Playmaker MC

A great atticking playmaker type on the ball particularly first touch, creativity, passing, dribbling, first touch

Again switches to other flank PPM can work wonders because (e.g. the opposition defenders are more towards your side so when the MCR (say he is approaching the right hand corner of the box 10 yeards out he then switches it to DL who crosses it in to the AML who gets a shot at the near post, or he simply switches it striaght to the AML to shoot) - work ball into box marries up with this nicely.

Attacking Playmaker AMC

Off the ball, agility, acceleration, first touch.

See opening post on start page of forum for more details of the tactic

I WILL REMOVE VERSIONS 1 AND 2 PENDING FEEDBACK SO PLEASE LEAVE SOME

All updates will go onto page one of this forum.

I've been looking for a new tactic last few days as I keep conceding way too many goals & Rooney/Van Persie never manage to score which is annoying. Used the new tactic for my West Ham game and won 3-2. Got loads of shots on target & kept possession though I changed CF role to a trequartista which seems to suit my striker as he got the winning goal. Gonna see how it goes after a few games, general training's set between defending/attacking with match training between set pieces and tactics.

Just downloaded for my West Ham save. After a terrible attempt at making a tactic, and killing the morale of my team. Including 8-0 lose to Chelsea!!

I have started to use this, 4 games in 4 defeats however morale has improved, and playing a lot better. So just need that bit of luck to get first win.

NEW VERSION 3 - Tested To Death - Definately better than TA v1, TA v2 or Invincible

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83zv4hjbq3ur5e7/Steaton's_TA3.tac

Wingers

I've found that amazing crossers (i.e. 19 or 20) and fast do very well but not sure if it translates that all wingers need good crossing. Cuts inside nice to have too as a PPM.

You say Wingers, but the tactic have IF's. Do you have IF's with Left foot for Left side since you are talking about crossing?

All wide players play better with left on left or right on right - think about it do they pass more often or shoot more often - and does the foot they use have more of an impact on passing or on shooting? Common sense here just imaging a football and what it takes to cross from the left with your right foot (its awkward - you have to turn back then cross).

I've been looking for a new tactic last few days as I keep conceding way too many goals & Rooney/Van Persie never manage to score which is annoying. Used the new tactic for my West Ham game and won 3-2. Got loads of shots on target & kept possession though I changed CF role to a trequartista which seems to suit my striker

Ok but I've tried it - can work but allows the DCs to close down better your midfield reducing overall effectiveness (CF and Poacher work best).

Gonna see how it goes after a few games, general training's set between defending/attacking with match training between set pieces and tactics.

I prefer to use Fitness/Cohesion/Tactics in general training then fall back to Balanced if I have done enough of these, only use attacking/defensive for short periods as it only suits some players and you have to set it globally for all players (defensers get unhapping on attacking and attackers get unhappy on defending).

Just a bit of feedback on this tactic for you.

Version 3 - I started using it in my third season as Tottenham. After finishing 2nd in my first two seasons, I was hoping this tactic would maybe make the difference and turn some of the draws my own tactic was getting into wins. 14 games into the season and I have just been sacked. The amount of times I got caught on the break was unreal. Found myself even getting battered around by Nottingham Forrest 4-1 and Swansea 3-0, both games being at home. So I think it's clear to say that this tactic wasn't for me. Hope it works for others though, and thanks for making the effort to post it!

Ok but I've tried it - can work but allows the DCs to close down better your midfield reducing overall effectiveness (CF and Poacher work best).

I prefer to use Fitness/Cohesion/Tactics in general training then fall back to Balanced if I have done enough of these, only use attacking/defensive for short periods as it only suits some players and you have to set it globally for all players (defensers get unhapping on attacking and attackers get unhappy on defending).

One of the player's I've got apparently works best with trequartista at first until his play improves, but I have noticed on odd games I change back to Poacher to suit another player the midfield play does improve so I might switch back to original role. My teams familiarity with the tactics is nearly 100% so I will probably switch back to balanced training soon as play has improved. So far this is the best tactic I've used.

I'm having no luck with this newer version so far. My Bournemouth team in the Championship are on a 4 match losing streak, leaking goals for fun yet having more shots and more shots on target than my opposition. I'm also having more possession but just doing nothing with it, or perhaps being very wasteful would be more accurate. I'm really susceptible to a ball over the top, I'd say a good 40% of my goals conceded are from a long ball catching my defence too high up the pitch. The team were 4th when I took over, they're now 15th and dropping. It's early days I know, but should I persevere?

Just about every match report I get in a defeat says the team were "wasteful" - I'm in February now, 13th in the league, dominating possession, shots, shots on target, yet I'm losing games using this tactic, any clues on how to stop wasting so many chances? I'm having games with 20+ attempts, half of them on target but scoring maybe one or two while letting in three or four from half as many attempts on goal. I've changed nothing from the tactic (as instructed)...

Started a new game with Arsenal and went unbeaten in the league, drawing only 2 games. Won the league cup, FA cup and Champions League. Seems this tac works great with the big teams, but not with the smaller (at least in my experience). Have switched to V1 with my Bournemouth game and performing much better now, just missed out on the playoffs after V3 saw me plummet to 17th!

A lot of hit and miss reports from this newer version, unfortunately it was miss for me, players didnt know how to play it and had one or two great results but too many losses or comebacks from lower smaller teams meant i was sacked when I should have been winning with the players I had

What training did you use? and did you use OI? Thanks

pre season tactics on very high with tactics only on match prep until tactic fluid

when the tactic is fluid, depending on how well blended you team are, i usually put team cohesion on very high and team work on match prep until at least the team have developed a strong understanding this could take a while if you have many new signings

Then once at strong understanding i usually put general training on balanced on average and then match prep with whatever is suggested but i usually use attacking movement or defensive positioning

other people will have different opinions but this seems to work for me and i dont use OI

pre season tactics on very high with tactics only on match prep until tactic fluid

when the tactic is fluid, depending on how well blended you team are, i usually put team cohesion on very high and team work on match prep until at least the team have developed a strong understanding this could take a while if you have many new signings

Then once at strong understanding i usually put general training on balanced on average and then match prep with whatever is suggested but i usually use attacking movement or defensive positioning

other people will have different opinions but this seems to work for me and i dont use OI

Thanks for that I think this part is what is stopping me from getting the success everyone else seems to have with the tactic

Thanks for that I think this part is what is stopping me from getting the success everyone else seems to have with the tactic

to be honest pal thats why i do with my training and match prep, im sure over people will have different opinions, on V2 i struggled defensively so i put my general training on defensive and my match prep on def pos for a 6 - 8 games, also i untick rest before match and i have on it 20% to the right

just go with what you think your struggling with, if its attacking then go attacking on general training and att movement on match training, just make sure the training coincide and it will get that specific thing your looking for done a little quicker

So after banging my head against the wall I checked the team instructions and dropped the General instructions ("Be more expressive" and "much lower tempo I think") so they're just on default. Changed the Shape instruction to "much deeper defensive line" and voila - my team starts winning! My latest game stats are below,

Xp2pzk1.jpg

The turnaround since that game against Reading has been pretty decent too, played 8 games, won 7 drawn 1. Am now currently 2nd in the Championship and things are looking up :)

4LUVPiT.jpg

Archived