Steaton's 'Total Annihilation' 4231 - v14.3.1 - Finally Nailed It - Plug and Play

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying the newest version as I have found the original one to be the best tactic in FM14 and so far it has impressed me both positively and negatively. Attack is strong, creating high amount of CCCs but there are games that you get hammered 4 or 5 goals by the opposition. Needs tweaking.

wingbacks and defenders keep getting terrible ratings.

PS: just did one more match against a same level team and lost 4-1. My best defender (cdr) got a whooping 4.6 and the right back a 6.0 as usual. The CB is experienced but slowish.

After giving it a bit more time to settle in, this tactic is even better than the original version. Beautifully designed system.

I made a 2nd more defensive version but with the same principles and goal creating chances. It's not so solid yet, but helps me kill the games or when the opposition is on top.

Great work Steaton.

After giving it a bit more time to settle in, this tactic is even better than the original version. Beautifully designed system.

I made a 2nd more defensive version but with the same principles and goal creating chances. It's not so solid yet, but helps me kill the games or when the opposition is on top.

Great work Steaton.

What changes did you make? - i need one for when i have the game "won" and want to shut up shop

What changes did you make? - i need one for when i have the game "won" and want to shut up shop
I'm not in game right now and i still tweak it depending on the match but i find it effective to drop both CMs into DM slot, one as DM-S and the other one on the right as a Regista. Drible more, close down more, get further forward as PI. Sometimes i also change the mentality to Counter and remove drop deeper.

I tend to get done down the wing and the cross into the middle....

I have used this tactic in Bolton save for 3/4 of a season and like you I sometimes struggled defensively, particularly when leading 2 or 3-0. Some opposition managers seem to change tactics to try and combat my dominance which can result in my conceding 2 or 3 goals in the second half.

I have found a way of partially reducing the damage by switching the CWB(A) to FB(S) and the RCM to DLP(D). I leave everything else the same. This seems to prevent so many balls over the top and limits damage on the flanks. The result is only losing 2 games all season so far.

If however, you are wanting to completely shut up shop then this isn't the tactic for you. You'll need to train another tactic for that.

I have used this tactic in Bolton save for 3/4 of a season and like you I sometimes struggled defensively, particularly when leading 2 or 3-0. Some opposition managers seem to change tactics to try and combat my dominance which can result in my conceding 2 or 3 goals in the second half.

I have found a way of partially reducing the damage by switching the CWB(A) to FB(S) and the RCM to DLP(D). I leave everything else the same. This seems to prevent so many balls over the top and limits damage on the flanks. The result is only losing 2 games all season so far.

If however, you are wanting to completely shut up shop then this isn't the tactic for you. You'll need to train another tactic for that.

Thanks, will give that a try :D

Steaton or anyone ? cn you tell me what im doing wrong with the TA3 tactic im Liverpool first season 14.3 patch and can seem to get 3 wins or more ? I have tried uploading screenshots but somehow its not uploading them even when it says it has ?? problem is tctic is notworking with Liverpool ?

Tactic is great going forward but defensively not so good. You'll need the right kind of defenders for it to work however what I find is that a high percentage of opposition chance are clear cut like over 50%. It wouldnt be so bad if you were limiting them to 10 shots with 2 ccc but when its 10 shots and 6 are ccc then your in trouble. I find its very much we'll score more than you mentality.

All ive done is change the mentality from attacking to counter, make sure you have fast inside forwards and a fast striker with decent finishing, concentrate on pace not acceleration.

My first season with Bolton, i bought James Vaughan and got a few quick players on loan, James Vaughan was an absolute beast scoring 41 in 32 for me, i won the league and im currently sat on top of the premier league, and ive just beat city 1 - 0 at home and restricted them to 3 shots on goal.

Just follow the steps Steaton states in the opening post

My team is now fluid in the tactic and i am seeing the benefits but its still a case of you score 3 and we'll score 4......however i have banged in 45 goals in 20 games (as Leyton Orient), so i'm happy.

Precisely!

This is a we'll score more than you tactic. If you want to keep a clean sheet every week choose a different tactic.

Personally I prefer to see plenty of goals, so I will be sticking with this.

just won the premier league, capital one cup and F.A cup with Bolton, ive used counter mentality all the way through the season, and when ive noticed ive been battering teams and still at 0 - 0 i change to attacking.

i put the tactic in twice in the tactics slot, one with attacking and the other with counter, training on tactics only on match prep and general training very high on tactics until fluid, its worked a treat for me

This tactic is sensational but only with the right type of players. Your back 4 need to be quck players, preferably over 15 speed, so that you won't get caught out by long balls as your defenders can recover with their speed. Your box to box midfielder needs to be physically strong to win all the headers in midfield, I got Fellaini in this role and he is an absolute beast in my team. Use a left footer on left side and right footer on right side, it makes a big difference, and obviously the inside forwards have to quick players. The AMC and ST don't have to be quick, but they need to have good finishing because these 2 will score the most goals. If you are unsure, just buy any fast players you can find and plug them into this tactic, and you will most likely be successful

This tactic is sensational but only with the right type of players. Your back 4 need to be quck players, preferably over 15 speed, so that you won't get caught out by long balls as your defenders can recover with their speed. Your box to box midfielder needs to be physically strong to win all the headers in midfield, I got Fellaini in this role and he is an absolute beast in my team. Use a left footer on left side and right footer on right side, it makes a big difference, and obviously the inside forwards have to quick players. The AMC and ST don't have to be quick, but they need to have good finishing because these 2 will score the most goals. If you are unsure, just buy any fast players you can find and plug them into this tactic, and you will most likely be successful

Did you use it as is, or did you make any changes to the tactic?

I take it you mean if you are in the premier league? Cannot get players in the conference with 15 in pace. It works well with 10 pace in the conference 11 league 2 and so on.

Just use it as it is. All you need to do is make sure your defenders and IF's have pace according to the league i.e conf 10,prem 14.

Spot on - too many people change things and then report it doesn't work - pace is very important for the defense as is marking, more so than jumping / heading which are traditionally the most important stats.

Spot on - too many people change things and then report it doesn't work - pace is very important for the defense as is marking, more so than jumping / heading which are traditionally the most important stats.

Steaton, may I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time out to create a tactic to make this game enjoyable for everyone. Unfortunately you will always get people moaning about tactics that other people have made. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add on what I believe the most important attributes are for each position,feel free to add as this is your tactic and you have studied it much more than me.

GK- General GK stats with pace if you can get it

CWB -Pace,Stamina and Work Rate.

CD - Pace and Marking

BBM - Stamina and Strenght

AP- (CM) - Creativty and Stamina

AP-(AM) - Creativity and Finishing

IF - Pace and Acceleration

CF- Finishing and Composure.

As stated before it all depends on the League you are playing in. If you start in the conference you don not need 14 in the key attributes 10 will be what you are looking for.

First of all, this is not a Plug and Play tactic...

I used it with Liverpool for 6 matches (I'm not patient anymore...)

First team:

GK - Mignolet

DL - Alaba

DCL - Varane

DCR - Howedes

DR - Kyle Walker

MCL - Wanyama

MCR - Henderson

AMR - Sturridge

AMC - Gerrard

AML - Sterling

STC - Balotelli

Results:

Liverpool - Aston Villa 2-0

Burnley - Liverpool 2-3

Man Utd - Liverpool 4-1

Liverpool - Chelsea 0-5

Basel - Liverpool 2-2

Liverpool - Tottenham 1-2

PS: I bought those players after I've sold Lucas Leiva, Skrtel, Enrique and Coutinho

First team:

GK - Mignolet

DL - Alaba

DCL - Varane

DCR - Howedes

DR - Kyle Walker

MCL - Wanyama

MCR - Henderson

AMR - Sturridge

AMC - Gerrard

AML - Sterling

STC - Balotelli

Results:

Burnley - Liverpool 2-3

Man Utd - Liverpool 4-1

Liverpool - Chelsea 0-5

Basel - Liverpool 2-2

PS: I bought those players after I've sold Lucas Leiva, Skrtel, Enrique and Coutinho

It's not poor it's a proven tactic.

I'm playing with Hull City and switched to Steaton's Version 2 a few matches into year 2015-16.

I ended winning the Premier League by sticking to the tactic as described - with little changes except to bring in a few "tailor made"players to the positions needed.

With what i believed to be a better squad in year 2016-17 I added Version 3 as the only other tactic and soon became Fluid in all aspects of both.

I switched back and forth between only the 2 tactics the entire season and could mange no better than 3rd. (Admittedly the team was physically drained having reached at least the semi finals in All cups included 2 replays in the FA CUP). I did not keep records but I believe V2 to have produced better results. In 2015/16 I scored 87 and gave up 34. In 2016/17 it was 80-40.

I'll continue to use both tactics for the upcoming 2017-18. Either way these are very enjoyable seasons !

First team:

GK - Mignolet

DL - Alaba

DCL - Varane

DCR - Howedes

DR - Kyle Walker

MCL - Wanyama

MCR - Henderson

AMR - Sturridge

AMC - Gerrard

AML - Sterling

STC - Balotelli

Results:

Burnley - Liverpool 2-3

Man Utd - Liverpool 4-1

Liverpool - Chelsea 0-5

Basel - Liverpool 2-2

Is the tactic fluid? This tactic is the best ive come across even when its not fully fluid and bear in mind if you have a lot of new players then your team wouldnt of developed a good enough understanding, put your training on tactics on very high, once fluid change to team cohesion on very high then once developed a strong understanding put it on balance and average.

I just re-played my big game from yesterday night, CL final with RB Leipzig against Monaco. With my standard approach (cautious out of a 4-1-2-2-1), I held the 0-0 all along and got to the penalty shootout which I lost. No biggie, Monaco had the far better game anyways. Now with this tactic but the same 11 players, we won 8-3!!!

Now I have to think hard if using this tactic is cheating or not :-) Thanks, worked awesome!

Hi Steaton,

I'd like to try to play at least the next full season with your tactic, but I have some troubles to select the best players for AP S MC and AP A AM. I have the following players right now:

Kovacic_zps1557074c.jpg

Kovacic's PPMs: Tries Killer Balls often, Comes deep to get the ball, Plays one-twos, knocks ball past opponent, runs with ball often

Tielemanns_zpsa4337647.jpg

Tielemans PPMs: Tries Killer Balls often, Comes deep to get the ball, Plays one-twos, Dictates Tempo

Silva_zpsf4ec131a.jpg

Silva's PPMs: Dictates Tempo, Tries to play his way out of trouble, Tries long range passes, likes to switch the ball to the other flank

And this are my optional purchases:

Faravelli_zpsd52469a6.jpg

Faravelli's PPMs: Comes deep to get the ball, dictates tempo

Evangelista_zps42442291.jpg

Evangelista's PPMs: Plays short simple passes, does not dive into tackles

I see 2 options:

1) AP A AM Kovacic + one of Favarelli & Evangelista, AP S CM Tielemans & Silva, sell nobody

2) AP A AM Favarelli & Evangelista, AP S CM Kovacic & Tielemans, sell Silva

Option 1) would mean to play Kovacic & Silva in only accomplished positions. Kovacic can probably play both positions well, but I feel, he would actually be better as a AP S CM. Silva is not much of a dribbler, but has "dribble more" as a PI, which worries me. On the other hand, as he is a natural DM, he has rather good defensive attributes, which should help him with "closing down more" and "tackle harder". Would you recommend either Evangelista or Favarelli for the vacant AP A AM spot? Should I get rid of "dribble more" when Silva plays here?

Option 2) would let me play everyone in their natural position, but I would loose Silva's defensive ability and both my AP S CM would not be of much help defensively.

Thanks a lot,

Buddhi

Which option would you choose? I am also very unsure how the various PPMs fit or don't fit in to your system.

Hi Steaton,

I posted a reply to this thread with some screenshots about 8 hours ago and it seems strange it doesn't show up. No idea why that is, text replies seem to work just fine.

Therefore, I'd like to ask a question without showing the players they are pertaining to.

I have a problem choosing the right players for the AP S CM and AP A AM positions. I currently have Mateo Kovacic, Youri Tielemans and Lucas Silva on my team and I am thinking of buying Lorenzo Faravelli and / or Lucas Evangelista.

Kovacic is technically gifted & at best average defensively, accomplished in AM and natural in CM. His PPMs: Knocks ball past opponent, comes deep to get the ball, tries killer balls often, runs with ball often, plays one-twos.

Tielemans is technically equally gifted as Kovacic, but a pure liability on defense. He can only play CM. His PPMs: Comes deep to get the ball, tries killer balls often, plays one-twos, dictates tempo

Lucas Silva is natural CM and accomplished CM. He is a very good DLP D. He is a tad behind Tielemans and Kovacic on offense, but of course much better in all defending attributes. His PPMs: tries long range passes, switches ball to other flank, tries to play his way out of trouble, dictates tempo

Evangelista is a natural AMC. His attributes are very well balanced. He is fast, strong, technically gifted, the whole package. His PPM: Plays short simple passes, does not dive into tackles

Faravelli is also a natrual AMC. Over all attributes mentioned as relevant for AP A (in game and in your OP), he is slightly better than Evangelista, but Evangelista is better in all the other things. A tad stronger, better tackler etc. His PPMs: Comes deep to get the ball, dictates tempo

I see 2 options:

1) Play Kovacic + Faravelli or Evangelista as AP A AM and Tielemanns / Silva as AP S CM, sell nobody

2) Play Faravelli & Evangelista in AP A AM and Kovacic & Tielemans a AP S CM, sell Silva

I would actually prefer option 1, because I like Silva and would prefer to change as few positions as possible, but I have some worries. First of all, Kovacic and Silva would only be playing in accomplished positions instead of their natural positions. Second, Silva seems well suited for the AP S CM PIs "Close down more" and "tackle harder", but is not much of a dribbler. Is it a good idea to leave some offensive ability at AP S CM behind in favour of some defensive prowess? In addition, I am not sure how Kovacic and Silvas PPMs fit into their resp. roles.

Option 2 would allow me to play everyone in their natural position. It would fit better into the scheme of offense is the best defense, as Silva would be replaced in AP S CM by Kovacic. However, both AS S CM would more or less be defensive liabilities.

Which option would you prefer and why?

In case your answer doesn't cover it already, let me also ask you in which position you would prefer Kovacic to play and whom would you choose out of Evangelista or Faravelli if you could only have one for AP A AM.

I hope you can say something to my original question without having the screenshots at hand. Sorry about that!

Thank you very much!!

Buddhi

Struggling badly away from home with V2 with Dortmund. Werder Bremen 1 shot on target scored with it. Gladbach 2 shots on target scored both, Magdeburg 1 on target, scored, Hertha 1 shot on target - scored. It does create a barrow load of chances, 16 shots against Hertha, 9 on target 1 scored. Most of the goals conceded are 20 yard screamers from outside the box.

Essentially my Gk has saved zero shots on target in these games and Weidenfeller is not a bad GK nor are the dortmund defence hopeless either

Update: Champions League at home to Dnipro - they had 2 shots on target and scored both. The AI's accuracy is uncanny whereas my guys could not hit a cows backside with a banjo.

Im using V3 and I would say it gives me realistic results, which is what I would want from a tactic. After my ill-spent tenure at West Ham, i resigned near the bottom of the championship and then took over at Hull at the start of the next season, after their relegation (start of 3rd season). Won the championship at the first time of asking using v3 all season. Currently in Feb, back in the premier league and sitting in 13th which, with my squad is where I would hope to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steaton

First of all, thanks for a great tactic!

You say: "Train target men with 'gets into opposition area'" . You can't train that though, you can only get that PPM through mentoring. Also "Arrive late in the box" for the Box to box midfielder, is something you can't train.

Which individual training program fits every role the best? I would guess that for the AMC and individual training for trequartista trains more of the stats that you want, than the advanced playmaker individual training, even though the AMC is an advanced playmaker in the tactic.

Hi Steaton, Just wanted to say a big thanks for the tactics you have produced/created for all us FM fans. I am using your TA3 And I am enjoying the results and the game play in general.

What I wanted to ask is, how do you watch your games? All in Full Match or Comprehensive ect?

Hello my friends,

Just to give a little feedback about this tactics...and the game itself.

I've been using them now for 5 seasons in Southampton, and so far we've won the Europa League twice, League Cup once, FA Cup once, European Supercup once, we've been on the semi finals and quarter finals of Champions League (both times beated by Man City...but we'll get to that) and this season finally we won the Barclays Premiership...after finishing 4th, 5th, 4th and 2nd in the previous seasons.

I normaly use the first version of the tactics and wen we're playing badly I change to Ver3.

After these seasons I can say that is very very important in this FM to build up a squad, for the premiership you must have at least 16 or 17 very good players, since along the season there is always injuries, bad momentum and other stuff that breaks your "winning 11" !! So I'm trully happy with the tactic and with the development of the game so far...

Just one small problem...playing the "big teams"...specially away...its very very dificult to get a good result against Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea.

If someone could give me some hint it would be nice, maybe something we could change in the tactics in these away games, just to make the team more competitive and maybe get a draw or even sometimes win against the "big 5" !!

Thanks a lot people !!

• 2 weeks later...

Steaton------------Any thoughts on the FM15 video?

Will Annihilation V2 work with the new engine?

Please tell it will or that you'll come up with solution. If not I may have to cancel my pre-order of 15.

BTW< I found V2 to be superior to V3.. I think this is primarily due to my early commitment to using ONLY this tactic with minimal in game changes.

Basically I stuck to the methods described on page 1 and , perhaps more importantly, brought in players specific to skills needed in each position.

I love this tactic. Coaching Hull City.

Steaton------------Any thoughts on the FM15 video?

Will Annihilation V2 work with the new engine?

Please tell it will or that you'll come up with solution. If not I may have to cancel my pre-order of 15.

BTW< I found V2 to be superior to V3.. I think this is primarily due to my early commitment to using ONLY this tactic with minimal in game changes.

Basically I stuck to the methods described on page 1 and , perhaps more importantly, brought in players specific to skills needed in each position.

I love this tactic. Coaching Hull City.

What kind of results did you get with Hull? I'm also playing with Hull but haven't used this tactic.

Last 3 seasons using it I advanced from 8 place in the PL to twice winning the PL and once coming in third. Also overachieved significantly my boards expectations for cup matches. Euro Cup final is tomorrow.

My Striker (Zapata) twice won the goal scoring title. If building however I would start with DC backs that have considerable speed, acceleration, heading and marking ability.

Next finding CWBs is very diffficult - make sure you have 2 for each side. After that a BBM with stamina is extremely important - check out Salifu

Goood Luck

Gonna try V3 to have a bit of fun before FM15. Just had a look at a few of the posts here about it conceding goals over the top and then had a look at a few of the TI's and PI's. Noticed obviously off side trap is there but also tighter marking for all defenders. Possibly tighter marking could be an issue? If you are playing off side surely you want your defenders pushing up rather than marking the attacker as marking will possibly play the strikers on side?

Archived