Match 3 - Group B - Spain vs The Netherlands - 20:00 BST

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately we can't get ALL the players to everything exactly how it should be done, ALL the time, can we

It's like 'come on, how can you miss from there' ... football doesn't really work like that

I will never blame a defender for attempting a tackle (even if not well executed) if someone is gonna just flop down. It's become this thing people do. Shifting the responsibility of diving onto defenders who shouldn't now go to ground/hang a leg out/lean on someone and so on and on .... anything but call it what it is

Can't even call it diving, it has to be 'simulation' ffs

I don't blame the defender for Costa's cheating, but even if Costa hadn't gone down, the defenders sold himself massively anyway. Its bad defending at WC level, and I bet you his manager would tell him not to do it again.

RvP so close there. Robben on fire now.

Never thought I'd see a Canadian at the world cup :brock:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Spain will probably do better with Torres than Costa.

I'd agree with that

Isn't it the opposite?

If the ref makes no note about it in his notes then FIFA can then take action, if the ref says he did see it then it is left alone.

I am not sure it's the same as the normal leagues as it is with FIFA. I thought they generally don't like to revisit any incidents unless properly serious and more important, public call like Rivaldo holding his face vs Turkey when there was outcry (?) but other stuff they seem to leave

Archived