Match 9 - Group E - Switzerland v Ecuadog - 17:00 BST

Rhino

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not got the sound on (as I'm watching on iPad on the couch) so I don't know who he players are but Switzerland have looked shambollocks down the right. The full back bombing on like he's Dani Alves, but without any of the defensive positioning or team possession required to fill that role effectively, and the guy occasionally in front of him thinking he's Messi! They look really naive.

I've not got the sound on (as I'm watching on iPad on the couch) so I don't know who he players are but Switzerland have looked shambollocks down the right. The full back bombing on like he's Dani Alves, but without any of the defensive positioning or team possession required to fill that role effectively, and the guy occasionally in front of him thinking he's Messi! They look really naive.

Lichtsteiner plays with great defenders with us. That is why.

But DARE YOU NOT INSULT LICHTSTEINER!

I think the point is more that it's not put more closely to the goal, which disadvantages the opponent. I think that is why the officials think left and right are acceptable.

Left and right is just an advantage if not more then moving it forward or back as it creates a better angle.

Lichtsteiner plays with great defenders with us. That is why.But DARE YOU NOT INSULT LICHTSTEINER!
Haha, of course, it's Lickstoner. I should have recognised the haphazard positioning and dirty Italian-style foul he committed on the Ecuador left winger.

Surprising score so far. Switzerland was one of my dark horses.

not really sure about it being a shock score in all honesty, European teams are going to struggle a bit more with the conditions and so far any South American V Europe game has gone in favour of the South Americans

Archived