Heaven's Gate -Season 1-93 points, 96 goals. Negredo 34 goals,Aguero 32 goals,Nasri 33 assists

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same concept with a part time team but you can't change the slider. How do you react to a loss? Are you harsh on the team? I've always tended to act like this :-Rarely slag off the team in the media, I only do it after a really stupid loss. Give players warnings if their match rating was below 6. After two matches like that I'll fine them a weeks wages. If my form is really bad I arrange a really easy friendly to try and boost morale.With that said, FM always throws up a frustrating season. My first season in league 2 was horrific and I only stayed up by goal difference. The next season I went up :s

Sometimes the game says "**** you, you're getting nothing - oh, and by the way - **** you again", and you just have to bite down and take it like a man. Exhibit A, I've just played out a 1-1 draw where I had 69% possession, 19 shots to 2, and the opposition's only shot on target was a lob over my keeper - from their own half of the centre circle...

Same concept with a part time team but you can't change the slider. How do you react to a loss? Are you harsh on the team? I've always tended to act like this :-Rarely slag off the team in the media, I only do it after a really stupid loss. Give players warnings if their match rating was below 6. After two matches like that I'll fine them a weeks wages. If my form is really bad I arrange a really easy friendly to try and boost morale.With that said, FM always throws up a frustrating season. My first season in league 2 was horrific and I only stayed up by goal difference. The next season I went up :s

Oh yeah i rarely slag them off in media unless its a silly result like cricket score after playing well. Same for the ratings although if they play at 6.1 thye get a warning too, very rarely fine players for their poor performance unless its less than 5.5

blast and damnation. no matter how many times i give up on FM14, i always come back at some point just to get my nerves shredded once again. might as well give it a go with this FGL-Z thing this time :D looks pretty good and a setup that suits the default Liverpool squad as well (i don't like playing with custom transfer updates, so i still have suarez for a good month or two.. if only i managed to get something done with him, lol)

so, attempt #9654853, here we go. haven't managed to win the CL in this version yet, best i achieved was getting to the finals to get my ass handed to me by i dont even remember who they were; maybe ten billionth time's the charm. i know it's supposed to be a long term plan but i just don't seem to have the patience when fm keeps throwing these 30-chances-to-1-and-still-lost games in my face. oh well.

we'll see how it goes, i'll report back

Oh spanky :(! I've had so many of 'those' matches in FM14. Blackburn Rovers (bottom) stopped my 18 game unbeaten run, I lost to them 1-0 after completely dominating the match (ill put a screen shot up later out of empathy). I'd imagine Henderson will turn in to a beast if you train him as a CM (individual focus) and Gerard will do nicely as a DLP for a couple seasons. Better get a young replacement in for him soon though.

That's the Quadruple (of sorts) in the bag.

Premier League with 4 games to spare, League Cup (Beat Chelsea in final), Charity Shield (beat Chelsea), Super Cup (beat Man City).

Got Chelsea in the final of the FA cup, Bayern in the semi's of the Champions League (could meet Chelsea in Final!)

Could be a clean sweep of all trophies, lost 2 game all comps all season so far. Just had my 35 game unbeaten run ended by Southampton.

fW27znQ.png

Have you guys heard any people having problems of clubs going pro? I requested board after selling a 17yr old for 2.4m and they agreed but havent been made pro yet and no news stories

Is there a "bar' in financial screens showing progress?

Seem to remember being a bit confused at Tonbridge when we went Full Time. Got announced then nothing happened for a couple of months then got news item saying we were full time.

It takes a little while for it to happen.

Ok, so finally, first full season using the strat (second season in total). Here are the results :-

Premier League

C1FEC7C5D985B31F1AC00E7DBDA9070D75C413AD

Not a bad season, we should have got 99 points but we dropped some points at the end of the season :(

Champions League

2C150B25481D50402D36A8D3D68752130C524312

Revenge for last seasons Semi-Final defeat to Barcelona, by beating them in the final :)

FA Cup

BC85A8900ABEB4FFD6C18D1A278FAE3EBAA92228

I have a personal rivalry with Paolo Di Canio (West Ham Manager), so beating them in the final was nice.

Squad Stats

AC70A9EC62D9D86F0B0E1C28FE11ED1EB951019C

I put in a youth DLP for most of the season, his pass success rate was much higher which I think benefited the entire team. Especially Xabi who was lethal all season. Additionally, Fabry was good at thow-ins so I taught him the long flat bullet throw PPM. Most of his assists came from that.

The FM LOL Shot (for spanky)

1F831E141D523F17D387DBCA3EE6131BCD398262Finally, Mr U, I don't know if you remember my Fabio Sariava thread..well he scored the winning goal in the FA Cup and Champions League Finals!

I'm not going to lie, I got up out my chair for his CL winning goal. What a player!

Sorry if I've hijacked your thread :) Great tactic.

OK, never dominated FM like this....... ever.

A clean sweep of Trophies.

QYnPm0q.png

gwzisLo.png

dlInhSO.png

JZ2b2Kv.png

In game i'm 63, will retire at 70.

That gives me 7 seasons to overhaul Bob Paisley at the top of the Hall of Fame and replace him with the name.......... Max McLovin.........

Nice! 6 competition wins is total domination. Need to go for 7 next season. Your defence looks very sharp with only 21 conceded.My squad is quite young. The only old starter is francucci who I signed this season for 40m. He will be sold at the end of next season however I needed a world class striker as Joe Pavey wasn't the best. Mark Turnbull is only 23 and according to my coaches has high PA. I may need to get another striker in as my long term replacement for Pavey is only 18 and could do with another season or two on loan. Poor management by me, I usually like to have a young team with their younger replacements in the squad too .

very impressive, Mr Rosler. and 2034, holy hell. farthest i've got was i think 2022-23ish back in FM11, but that was when a random squad filled with 5 star talents could guarantee back to back league wins continuously :p

i'm just about to get started with FGL-Z. holidayed through the friendlies and my assistant manager seems to have ballsed up big time, losses and draws galore, although i was unfortunate enough to get the ominous unable-to-cancel friendly cup against Dortmund and Villarreal... and now the season opener is going to be against none other than Everton. yay!

at least we're playing home :D

very impressive, Mr Rosler. and 2034, holy hell. farthest i've got was i think 2022-23ish back in FM11, but that was when a random squad filled with 5 star talents could guarantee back to back league wins continuously :p

i'm just about to get started with FGL-Z. holidayed through the friendlies and my assistant manager seems to have ballsed up big time, losses and draws galore, although i was unfortunate enough to get the ominous unable-to-cancel friendly cup against Dortmund and Villarreal... and now the season opener is going to be against none other than Everton. yay!

at least we're playing home :D

Good luck, in my first season tests it went very well with Norwich but average with Arsenal who finished 3rd. You need to think about where to play stirling, maybe retrain to one of the cm/a spots?

i think i'm going to retrain him for right wing back for the first season; he's not going to get too much playtime anyway but i could use a cover for the position and he's got great speed and decent defensive attributes as well, and maybe once he's gotten older and beefed up a bit mentally he can go middle. but in my past campaigns regardless of overall success Sterling has done fairly well as RWB

End of the season was a close one, won the league but only due to other results as all i could manage was a draw and the other teams dundalk and sligo failed to win! Won the league cup and munster senior cup both for the third time in a row!

I think the club is going pro because they've allowed me to hire extra staff without me asking them.

End of the season was a close one, won the league but only due to other results as all i could manage was a draw and the other teams dundalk and sligo failed to win! Won the league cup and munster senior cup both for the third time in a row!

I think the club is going pro because they've allowed me to hire extra staff without me asking them.

Good job :thup:

i think i'm going to retrain him for right wing back for the first season; he's not going to get too much playtime anyway but i could use a cover for the position and he's got great speed and decent defensive attributes as well, and maybe once he's gotten older and beefed up a bit mentally he can go middle. but in my past campaigns regardless of overall success Sterling has done fairly well as RWB

I had an AMR i didn't want to lose. No positional ability in DR. Retrained him, he's 'natural' for that position now, been with me for years and is awesome in that role.

On the other hand I tried the same with an AML. Was never able to 'learn' DL position so not all players can do it.

I had an AMR i didn't want to lose. No positional ability in DR. Retrained him, he's 'natural' for that position now, been with me for years and is awesome in that role.

On the other hand I tried the same with an AML. Was never able to 'learn' DL position so not all players can do it.

yeah, hit or miss i guess. but Sterling is already orange at FB and yellow at WB so he's got some foundation to build on, plus he has good positioning and tackling for a winger, so yeah, guess that's why he usually works good there

i'm about to explode. lost to aston at home, that awful kozák scored two ridiculous goals, now losing to united 2-1, one goal from YET ANOTHER GODDAMN SET PIECE (free kick this time), and then, after equalizing, a 88th minute penalty... the same freaking pattern over and over again. (and after i posted this, in the remaining minutes + overtime we managed to concede yet another penalty. excellent.)

ah, sorry for spamming the thread, i'll stop, especially since this is not the fault of the tactics. but i'm going mental here :D

i'm about to explode. lost to aston at home, that awful kozák scored two ridiculous goals, now losing to united 2-1, one goal from YET ANOTHER GODDAMN SET PIECE (free kick this time), and then, after equalizing, a 88th minute penalty... the same freaking pattern over and over again. (and after i posted this, in the remaining minutes + overtime we managed to concede yet another penalty. excellent.)

ah, sorry for spamming the thread, i'll stop, especially since this is not the fault of the tactics. but i'm going mental here :D

Just have to ride it out, FM14 is streaky, once you get on a run those things should start going your way.

Goals conceded from set pieces and stupid penalties seem to the way the game tells you its not your time to win, this normally happens early season as you are blending in new players.

Leave general training on 'team cohesion' until November.

Its worth noting in my monster season i didn't sign any new players in any window. I had a team that would die for each other and unbelievable team spirit all season long. Thats key on FM14.

I like this one Mr R. Decided to set myself a real challenge so resigned from my recently promoted Scunthorpe team at the beginning of the 14/15 season and applied and got the job at Braintree. They were starting out in league 2. Took over towards early September with them languishing in 24th, no wins, one draw and the rest were losses. Low gates, and finances not good. Squad was pretty much made up of the Conference players that got them promoted. It's been a slog, only begun to turn a corner at xmas, until then it was loss after loss, with the odd draw and really struggled to score. Tried to keep morale up, plenty of encouragement, but just didn't to seem like it was going to turn around and then it all just clicked. Early Feb now, have only lost two games since just before Xmas and made it to 15th (Media prediction 24th) I have brought some loans in but it's mainly still the same squad. Not only that but my "star" striker is on fire, and is divisional top scorer at the moment. Also got a young midfielder who is absolutely owning the DLP role. Nice work again Mr R.

I like this one Mr R. Decided to set myself a real challenge so resigned from my recently promoted Scunthorpe team at the beginning of the 14/15 season and applied and got the job at Braintree. They were starting out in league 2. Took over towards early September with them languishing in 24th, no wins, one draw and the rest were losses. Low gates, and finances not good. Squad was pretty much made up of the Conference players that got them promoted. It's been a slog, only begun to turn a corner at xmas, until then it was loss after loss, with the odd draw and really struggled to score. Tried to keep morale up, plenty of encouragement, but just didn't to seem like it was going to turn around and then it all just clicked. Early Feb now, have only lost two games since just before Xmas and made it to 15th (Media prediction 24th) I have brought some loans in but it's mainly still the same squad. Not only that but my "star" striker is on fire, and is divisional top scorer at the moment. Also got a young midfielder who is absolutely owning the DLP role. Nice work again Mr R.

Yeah, it can be really hard to break that initial low morale and poor form but when you do it can be quite a transformation.

My advice would be try and work with what you've got next season, maybe bring in 2 or 3 new players at the most. This version of FM will shaft you for trying to do too much, too soon and it rewards continuity.

The season after the sextuple.........

EMgQd0j.png

13th after 8 games.

What happened?

Well on the back of my good management players got a bit big for their boots, 5 of them came to see me requesting i triple their wages to £130,000 per week.

Not happening on my watch, sold them all.

Brought in 5 similar quality replacements but the 'team cohesion' element has clearly disappeared and the performances have fallen off a cliff.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to turn around.

When i had my monster season there were NO new players.

So the BIGGEST FACTOR in having a successful season seems to be continuity in the squad.

I would recommend no more than 2 NEW PLAYERS each season.

I agree with everything Mr U Rosler is saying. I have been manager of Tottenham now since 2014, I have used all your tactics since day 1, currently using FGLZ. This is my record since taking the reins:

Prem League; Winners: 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020. Runners Up: 2016. Champions League; Winners: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. European Super Cup; Winners: 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Club World Championship; Winners: 2017, 2018, 2019. FA Cup; Winners: 2014, 2016. Runners Up: 2018, 2019. Capital One Cup; Winners: 2015, 2020. Runners Up: 2016, 2018, 2019. Community Shield; Winners: 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020.

I can assure you all that, so long as you do the right things, get the right players, and have faith in the tactics and a bit of patience, everything Uwe says is the dogs bollox.

Long live Mr U Rosler and his tactics.

Brought 3 players in and got rid of a lot of deadwood, didnt seem to affect my team and having one of my best seasons in FM14!

3 might be ok, 5 is too many.

However, we're 'blended' and in form now. Bit of catching up to do.

MjwxDsK.png

Yep at the moment! even if i lose matches at home i'm getting bumper gate receipts.

This game really makes me want to sweat, for second season in a row, finished top with a point between me and second! Lost in last match and so did my closest rivals! Phew!

Ok, changed tactic to a 'deep block' (dropping the D-Line), gone for control/fluid, changed Box to Box to a DLP/D.

Looking really, really solid. Much tighter, still creating a lot of chances and scoring plenty.

Control is a great options for a plug & play tactic as its well suited to games when you dominate possession but it also works really well when you play against strong team as you launch some well considered counter attacks.

New set up.

Results half way thru season

Latest version of tactic.

https://www.mediafire.com/?29ks58a5ieywz0i

Hey man, would say this tactic is the best out of these lot?

Yes it is the best tactic, its the closest tactic you will get to being uber dominant! You will though get the odd match where you lose for no reason but thats FM14 for you. Getting into the group stages with Limerick really changed this game for me because the money it brought with it has changed the club into one of the best in ireland and i didnt disgrace myself in CL either. Ended up being in the group with the eventual winners Man City

Have now won the League title 3 years in a row with FLGZ tactic. Next season i'm going to try and bring in a new batch of players that have very good qualities and see if it impacts the squad. I know you have said it has but I want to see it with my own eyes, thats if I dont get headhunted by a premier league team :)

Played Everton in Europa league and drew 2-2 with them at home, unfortunately i didnt too well at Goodison :)

Mr Rosler are you using the Player roles as outlined in the opening post or would you suggest others for FLGZ?

Yeah, the 2 unique roles are Half Back and F9.

False 9.

Finishing, Composure, Off the Ball, Passing

Half Back

Jumping Reach, Positioning, Tackling, Marking

Archived