Heaven's Gate -Season 1-93 points, 96 goals. Negredo 34 goals,Aguero 32 goals,Nasri 33 assists

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, changed tactic to a 'deep block' (dropping the D-Line), gone for control/fluid, changed Box to Box to a DLP/D.

Looking really, really solid. Much tighter, still creating a lot of chances and scoring plenty.

Control is a great options for a plug & play tactic as its well suited to games when you dominate possession but it also works really well when you play against strong team as you launch some well considered counter attacks.

New set up.

1AdzjjU.png

Results half way thru season

1DtOXc0.png

Latest version of tactic.

https://www.mediafire.com/?29ks58a5ieywz0i

Hi Mr U. I'm still using that silk and steel tactic. Again it's got me from skrill south to premier league and champions league however it is starting to get a little flat and I'm struggling against lesser teams and not creating much against top teams. Do you think the tactic you linked above will create more chances?

Hi Mr U. I'm still using that silk and steel tactic. Again it's got me from skrill south to premier league and champions league however it is starting to get a little flat and I'm struggling against lesser teams and not creating much against top teams. Do you think the tactic you linked above will create more chances?

yeah, try the tactic from post 52. Funnily enough i was just thinking its like Silk & Steel for 14.3. More attacking version but still really solid.

NBkHgzu.png

Good start with the Norwich test, only lost to Man City, then got them in the Cup and got revenge.

I've just downloaded so I'll give it a whirl.

Silk & Steel created a true legend for me..a Portuguese midfielder who played in the CM(a) role. He joined me in the Skrill Prem and has been my main player ever since, fans player of the season every season and in the top 5 of every league for assists..he's scored in the UCL too..I'm contemplating a thread about him as I think that's a first for one of my low league teams (I'm Weymouth)

Got a few of those myself in my Tonbridge team including a 2.5 star rated midfielder who keeps 4 star rated players out of the team and averages over 7.50 every season.

Dont have anyone from my skrill days, i would definatley read your thread if you do one :thup:

Was that against Arsenal? Are they any decent in your save?

I got dumped out the Capital One Cup vs Utd (3-0 away loss) however they're unbeaten in about 30 games and haven't conceded in the league yet, so I'm not fussed. Shouldn't long until the tactic is fluid as it was very similar to Silk & Steel, only creative freedom needs work on.

Sorry I'm blind, that was vs Stuttgart

So far I've played about 12 games. Lost against Utd away twice, the second time was a fluke (2 offside goals and a dodgy penalty). Last to Genoa in the CL away 4-1. Won all other games fairly comfortably.Positives- more of my team are involved in attacks with the 2 cma's getting more assists than when they were B2b, additionally the full backs are getting assists. - Better at defending and attacking set pieces- more chancesNegatives - still get the frustrating 'opposition scores first shot on target' thing but I think that's FM being FM- The HB doesn't seem to do as wellThis is compared to silk and steel. Good stuff so far Mr U

Mr R - Looks like you've done it again!

Been using another tactic with a similar formation - had been doing ok, but not stunning. Plugged in FGLZ with 3 games of season to go - 2 wins, 2 clean sheets. Currently 15 mins into final game of season, and 5-0 up!

In the play-offs so hoping this form will continue to get promotion to L1

Wow, wasn't expecting that.

Was 6th with 1 game to go, i could make Champions League if i beat Tottenham at '3 point lane', i had already beaten them there 5-1 in the cup so was fairly confident, Arsenal were at Stoke and i needed them to draw/lose to overtake them.

Amazingly it all worked out, i gubbed Spurs 4-2 and Stoke held the Gunners 1-1.

2ovMuxx.png

No transfers.

Now, i feel a little guilty as a few games went my way, i only felt 'robbed' once or twice which is unusual for FM14. I reckon 6th would be about right with neutral luck which is still brilliant for a Norwich team tipped for relegation.

Star performers. My strikers filled there boots, Hooper highest scorer in Prem with 21 League goals, Snodgrass (who i retrained to STR) got 23 all comps.

Highest rated was Bradley Johnson from on of the attacking central midfield roles, even though he's not really suited to that role.

eB5oY4T.png

ljJo0oh.png

5y6V9ON.png

So Tonbridge media prediction 9th finished 2nd, Norwich media prediction 16th finished 4th, gonna try one of the big boys, not played Arsenal this year, they have nice central midfielders, gonna go for them.

Looking solid Wiv.

Arsenal test has started slowly, an unlucky defeat to Everton on opening day of season and a 3-0 hammering by West Ham.

In 3rd spot after 10 league games with 18 points. Was hoping to win league but looking unlikely now.

Arsenal have some pretty big holes in the squad, there's £35m to spend but I'm not gonna touch it.

18 after 10 is fine. I find anywhere from 18 up can be transformed in to championship winning form. I was only on 21 after the first ten matches and I'm 4 points clear at the top after 22 matches.The big test coming up is Liverpool, Fulham in the FA Cup, Arsenal in the league then Athletico in the CL. I was lucky we had a reply as instead of Fulham it would have been an away match vs City..Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Athletico in 20 days would have been hard

Rosler - are you using the same match prep when tactic is fluid i.e. att movement and training kept the same? I had used and had no success with XXX so i'm hoping this new one will work for me. the question was in reference to fire guided light z

Yeah exactly the same.

Good luck and keep us posted. Which team are you??

As mentioned, i had a slow start with Arsenal but picked up pretty well (even though Ozil is utterly useless) so i'd give it a good run.

the ultimate test of a tactic - part time Limerick FC in the irish premier division. started my fifth season with XXX and half way through changed to FGLZ and the results are much better, my form picked up and while it took some time for morale to go green, i have won the Munster Senior Cup and League Cup with it, both minor cups but still some success it has to be said.

Managed to get in to the second qualifier in the europa league only to lose on agg away goals to rosenborg, a team way bigger than us and over both legs we were the better team, we lost first leg away 1-0 and won second leg 2-1 which is impressive. There have been times where i'm playing a team at home or away where we have drawn and while the team didnt play very poorly but played well enough but then didnt do enough to win. I'm going to see how i finish the season and give it a good blast next season, hoping for a league title! But then again this is FM14 - probably the worst ME yet.

****oh and one more thing, can you tell me if there are particular attributes to look out for for the players in this tactic!? Or would it be useful to use some of the ones listed above for heavens gate?

EDIT: Finished season in 5th - my first choice keeper got injured on run in so didnt do so good with second choice gk. Won the Senior Challenge cup, so a treble of sorts, pretty happy with that and having won the SCC i've qualified for europe meaning the team in 4th didnt qualify for europe :)

the ultimate test of a tactic - part time Limerick FC in the irish premier division. started my fifth season with XXX and half way through changed to FGLZ and the results are much better, my form picked up and while it took some time for morale to go green, i have won the Munster Senior Cup and League Cup with it, both minor cups but still some success it has to be said.

Managed to get in to the second qualifier in the europa league only to lose on agg away goals to rosenborg, a team way bigger than us and over both legs we were the better team, we lost first leg away 1-0 and won second leg 2-1 which is impressive. There have been times where i'm playing a team at home or away where we have drawn and while the team didnt play very poorly but played well enough but then didnt do enough to win. I'm going to see how i finish the season and give it a good blast next season, hoping for a league title! But then again this is FM14 - probably the worst ME yet.

****oh and one more thing, can you tell me if there are particular attributes to look out for for the players in this tactic!? Or would it be useful to use some of the ones listed above for heavens gate?

EDIT: Finished season in 5th - my first choice keeper got injured on run in so didnt do so good with second choice gk. Won the Senior Challenge cup, so a treble of sorts, pretty happy with that and having won the SCC i've qualified for europe meaning the team in 4th didnt qualify for europe :)

Something i've noted with players & roles. Powerful players seem to perform better in the Striking roles AND in the central midfield roles, the agile, lightweight Cazorla/Ozil type players cant seem to cut it in the MC roles, high work rate, strength is very important in all 3 of these roles. The CM/A's also benefit from decent finishing.

Norwich have a number of this type of midfielders which might help explain why the test went so well. Snodgrass/Hooper are in the powerful, hardworking striker mold as well.

Negredo/Geroud/Lukaku type strikers seem to be more effective than Aguero/Walcott/Hernandez.

Hi Mr U, won the premier league in the end with 84 points. Lost in semi finals of the CL to Barcelona, gutting as I got 2 away goals but crumbled at home.

Nice one :thup:

Is that better than you were getting with the original Silk & Steel?

About 13 points difference (in a good way). I like how my midfield and full backs are seemingly performing better compared to silk and steel. More goals and assists. Strikers weren't as lethal but I think my main one has peaked early. He's a left footer and I'm not certain whether to play him on the left or the right? I think their drop in form could be down to having an average DLP as he only managed 5 assists. I'll put up some screens tonight, of my player stats and the fixture list.

I failed to add that in silk and steel, most of my assists came from the strikers and CM(a). Whereas with this tactic, the whole team chipped in which is nice to see and puts less pressure on my key players to perform. I destroyed Utd 6-0, with my left fb getting a hattrick. All 6 assists were from different players.If I had to criticise the tactic, it would be that it can be vulnerable to playing teams that defend in numbers and counter attack. However that might be be due to my DLP not having enough about him to open up defences.I'd definitely continue working on the tactic, or perhaps add a more attacking version to the set.Did 'work balls in to box' help?

Swings and roundabouts with work ball into box. You think its working then you have a game where you only have 7 shots which you don't get with work ball into box switched off.

All in all I'm gonna leave it 'off'. I like a high volume of shots, you'll score a few long shots but also get lots more corners and rebounds which fall to your players in dangerous areas.

I'll check the return from my DLP for last season when I get home. To be fair to them, they tend to set up the 'assists' i.e the pass to the player who then sets up the assist so they don't get the credit.

Bit of an unsung hero type of role. Check the number of passes they make though, sometimes mine's over 100, they certainly make thing tick.

I rotate 3 strikers and they all average just over a goal every other game. Considering you're playing 2 strikers and there are plenty of goals from midfield and elsewhere that is acceptable to me.

Gunning for the title this season with Tonbridge and its my first foray into the Champions League. For the first time i didn't sign 1 player pre-season, could't really improve on what i have, bid for 1 DM but he chose another club. There are better players in South America but i only sign English speaking players so i didn't go for them.

I have a strong squad, fairly young still with lots of potential to develop, especially my strikers so gonna work with them.

I guess it depends how many changes are made to the ME and what impact they have on tactics. The announcement is on the 7th (via twitch) so we will find out soon! I'll check my DLPs stats and I'll let you know.When I stopped playing last night, I had just been subject to a board take over, I'm hoping I'll keep my job.The new chair lady has already doubled my transfer and wage budget, additionally she's started upgrading my training and youth facilities, something my previous chairman refused to do. Could be good times ahead. I had a top youth striker in the last intake and found 3 Belgium regens who all have 4.5 star potential so could be an exciting few seasons.Shame about work ball in to box.

Probably wont buy until patch 3 or 4 until all the bugs are sorted out. Might even try my hand at creating my own tactic while I wait for them to sort the bugs out in FM15

I was thinking along those lines, but i've been sniffing round the internet and it looks like some screenshots of FM15 have been leaked.........and they look good.

so is this the last of ur tactics b4 fm15 mate or not..

Yeah, (the one in post 52) you can only do so much tactically with FM14, the rest is about player quality, morale, form, managing complacency etc.

Someone normally runs a tactics comparison league over on FM Base, but they had to abandon it for FM14 as there was so much variance in results, they'd test a tactic over a season, it would get 95 points, they'd run the test again and it would get 55 points.

Think that explains why people's experiences vary dramatically when using the same tactic. Especially in the short term.

We'll see what FM15 brings...............

Maybe fire guided light comes to light and life in second half of season? Just played a bottom team and hammered them with shots etc, finished 3-0 with them making no chances. Also made the easiest 100k - beat an Andorran team 7-0 in first leg of 1st round europa quals

Spoke too soon: Morale is the worst thing in the game, lost one game in a good run of games to Red Bull Fc and morale drops to ok and poor in some!! And now back to my job being in jeopardy

Am I not doing something right, i have good players for the league I'm in, the players are in okay-good morale and we are beating teams in match stats but cant win games!?

If you're struggling early on in the season (and I'm assuming you lost games you should have won), try this preseason routine :-8 to 10 friendlies, if 10, first 3 vs very easy opponents, next 4 vs hard opponents, last 3 against easyish opponents.Team training set to team cohesion and set it to the highest intensity. Slide the bar all the way to the left. Untick rest after match and set match prep to tactics. Don't forget to switch the training back before the season starts. As soon as the tactic is fluid in all areas switch to attacking movement

Archived