Sacked by new owner

CalumF

Who's idea was it to put this idea into the game?

Manager of Leeds Utd. Finish 4th in first season and miss out in the play offs. Second season win the Championship and promoted to the top league. Go through pre season spending a good day building a team capable of staying up. Then message comes up saying a possible takeover. After a couple of weeks the takeover is complete and the new owner sacks me after only one game in the league.

Does this happen in real life? So soon after a takeover? Straight after a promotion?

Im left after enjoying a good save, 2 good seasons building a team ready for the prem. Get there sacked after 1 game. Bit s***? Played on for 6 months looking for another premier league job but was only getting offered championship teams.

Save game over. Point in starting another. Poor feature for me

Manager of Leeds Utd. Finish 4th in first season and miss out in the play offs. Second season win the Championship and promoted to the top league. Go through pre season spending a good day building a team capable of staying up. Then message comes up saying a possible takeover. After a couple of weeks the takeover is complete and the new owner sacks me after only one game in the league.

Does this happen in real life? So soon after a takeover? Straight after a promotion?

Im left after enjoying a good save, 2 good seasons building a team ready for the prem. Get there sacked after 1 game. Bit s***? Played on for 6 months looking for another premier league job but was only getting offered championship teams.

Save game over. Point in starting another. S*** feature for me

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Retire, add new manager, take your old job back. It's cheating, but if this feature bothers you, why not.

Think I might have too. Never cheated in years of playing this game.

If this feature is in the game because SI want the game as close to real life football so be it. I just wished then they got the media/off the field closer to real life.

Think I might have too. Never cheated in years of playing this game.

If this feature is in the game because SI want the game as close to real life football so be it. I just wished then they got the media/off the field closer to real life.

Not quite sure how you can cheat in a one player game.

Get back in there and carry on your work.

Examples?

Brian McDermott at Leeds United? Twice.

Recently, during the takeover process by a Dutch consortium, a host of Dutch managers linked to my job kept going to watch games and fuelling speculation I would be losing my job if the club was bought out. I took a note down of each of their names and shall seek revenge when this is all over.

I remember I got a message about a takeover. It said if it was successful, I'd be sacked and replaced with some no name assistant manager who had never had a management job in his life. The takeover was successful and the new chairman decided to let me keep my job seeing how I taken the club to it's highest league position ever 2 years in a row.

As for whether or not it's realistic, it is. It happens mate.

Brian McDermott at Leeds United? Twice.

Recently, during the takeover process by a Dutch consortium, a host of Dutch managers linked to my job kept going to watch games and fuelling speculation I would be losing my job if the club was bought out. I took a note down of each of their names and shall seek revenge when this is all over.

Didn't it just happen at Oxford as well not too long ago?

I don't know why you expect a Premier League job, you haven't done anything to warrant one. Yes you got Leeds up, however you have no experience at that level. As frustrating as it is, you should just take a Championship job and do similar to what you did with Leeds and hopefully the owner is a bit more respectful and acknowledge your achievements and let you have a shot at keeping the club up.

What did Sean Dyche achieve at Watford? Was he successful?

Led them to their highest league position in 4 years whilst also dealing with their financial troubles.. He was also a solid player for them for 3/4 years. He was replaced purely because the new owners wanted to bring in Zola. The owners even acknowledged that he'd done a brilliant job under difficult circumstances.

Save game over. Point in starting another. Poor feature for me

Course it happens in real life, mate. All the time! New owners often want their own guy in. I've been there myself. And it sucks & it's annoying, but you just gotta dust yourself down & get on with it elsewhere. I was at Arsenal going well and hitting all my targets, bazzilionaire takes over promising to pump swimming pools full of money into the club, says he's willing to give me a chance, and sacks me after one game (which I won).

Happens IRL. Needs to be part and parcel of the game too. As annoying as it can be.

Archived