My Development thread for FM15 - Let's get to work.....

Well, completed a season with West Brom.

1st 19 league games under 15.0.2

2nd 19 league games under 15.0.3

Under 15.0.2

38 points, goals for 42, against 28

Under 15.0.3

26 points, goals for 36, against 30

So tactic seems less effective under 15.0.3 although a lot of variance over 19 games.

Think i'll wait for release before doing anything else as the goalposts are constantly moving (excuse the pun) with regular ME updates.

U2AjsBU.png

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find that the wingers and crossing are way overpowered on 15.0.3? Conceding (and scoring myself) so many goals from wingers just running unchallenged down the flank and whipping perfect crosses into the area. And it's not a case of them getting lots of players into the box. The winger just runs and picks out their loan striker with ease.

Anyone else find that the wingers and crossing are way overpowered on 15.0.3? Conceding (and scoring myself) so many goals from wingers just running unchallenged down the flank and whipping perfect crosses into the area. And it's not a case of them getting lots of players into the box. The winger just runs and picks out their loan striker with ease.

Totally agree with this. I sometimes have two players close down the winger and none of them try to tackle him.

After the update my LB's don't get into the attacking play as much as they did 15.0.2. They had assists and crosses galore, now with the tactic, I see them mentioned a handful of times if that. Sucks because I have really good young attacking full back's and again I feel there contributions to the team aren't what I expect anymore. Any thoughts?

After the update my LB's don't get into the attacking play as much as they did 15.0.2. They had assists and crosses galore, now with the tactic, I see them mentioned a handful of times if that. Sucks because I have really good young attacking full back's and again I feel there contributions to the team aren't what I expect anymore. Any thoughts?

I'm quite surprised because for me its the exact opposite - My fullbacks are now rampaging down the wings and we're getting a lot most of our goals from assists out wide. It has also been acknowledged by SI that the near post defending is poor at the moment in 15.03

Dont waste your time playing 15.0.3 its really poor.

I'm playing the demo which has a later version of the ME and its much better.

I think fridays release will see most major issues sorted.

Cool, I was wondering if there would be a new ME when game gets officially released!

Is there confirmation from SI that the demo has a significantly changed ME from 15.0.3?

No, but there's confirmation from me :lol:

Its night and day to be honest.

Si are very tight lipped about the differences, i have my suspicions as to why but no point going into it here.

Dont waste your time playing 15.0.3 its really poor.

I'm playing the demo which has a later version of the ME and its much better.

I think fridays release will see most major issues sorted.

This is fantastic to hear and I can only hope it's true. I didn't think 15's ME was an upgrade over 14, so here's to hoping for some better football!

On the full games ME I've found the formation to be hugely ineffective against even substantially weaker teams - but not for any apparent reason. The players are crossing well, getting chances but there is an enormous amount of blocks or abject misses from the forwards.

Christ, i've not even woken up yet never mind played the damn thing!

Taking a look now :lol:

After a bit of playing around last night, the same formation with the removal of whipped crosses and changing the overall system to counter did see things shift back massively the other way. Went from the attacking set up and struggling to score, to counter and scoring 3/4/5 a game.

After a bit of playing around last night, the same formation with the removal of whipped crosses and changing the overall system to counter did see things shift back massively the other way. Went from the attacking set up and struggling to score, to counter and scoring 3/4/5 a game.

i'm at work would be interested in further details on your set up :thup:

Sadly, the up turn in form was short lived. After 6 or 7 games the AI seemed to adapt and it's gone back to struggling to score. Three games without even scoring a goal now, but can't work out why. So many crosses going in and even players getting on the end of them, just an enormous amount of blocks and reaction saves or squandering the chances.

I tried With Counter attack but i feel i lost the rocket fullbacks.

I have tried With drop deeper instruction and attackin mentality and that Works good for me. I play With United so i still need to train them to positions to get them Natural.

The tactic is stilling missing the edge it had earlier but its stil not broken and i fell it just needs minor tweeks to get back in shape.

Great work as always Mr Uwe:)

Fear not Santy, I always deliver in the end. Damn work getting in the way. Will have a proper look at things tonight.

I've high-lighted some glaring problems with the ME and full back positioning in the bugs thread and SI have acknowledged it may be related to issues they are aware of.

Pretty hard to compensate for this type of stuff though :lol:

eGf8hzD.jpg

The worlds most compact 4132 :lol:

9PwkmPF.jpg

My left back clearly fancies himself as a Centre Back :lol:

I need to sort that out before I do anything else.

Indeed, I'm trying different things within the line-up as its a formation I really like the shape and robustness of. Just mystifying (for myself at least) as to why it stops working at some points, I'm trying a change with the complete wing back just to full back attacks (then has run wide with ball selected and can choose 'stay wider') to see if they stay wider. On the new ME the half-back seems diminished in its effectiveness as well from what I've seen so far.

Indeed, I'm trying different things within the line-up as its a formation I really like the shape and robustness of. Just mystifying (for myself at least) as to why it stops working at some points, I'm trying a change with the complete wing back just to wing backs to see if they stay wider. On the new ME the half-back seems diminished in its effectiveness as well from what I've seen so far.

I was actually going fairly well with West Brom with what will ultimately be the AWAY/UNDERDOG tactic. Despite the Full Back issues I had been able to completely shut out as couple of big teams.

I think you will need 2 versions, one control, one attacking for different fixtures/situations.

I am looking at the Half Back role, perhaps the Anchor might be a better option at the moment at least.

The other issue is that as play through the middle is ineffective at the moment, and wide play is seemingly over-powered we are forced to have attacking full backs which limits our options.

Its quite likely that the 4132 is far from the optimal formation at the moment, but as i'm stubborn (and I trust SI to get the balance right soon) i'm going to persist with it.

Fear not Santy, I always deliver in the end. Damn work getting in the way. Will have a proper look at things tonight.

I've high-lighted some glaring problems with the ME and full back positioning in the bugs thread and SI have acknowledged it may be related to issues they are aware of.

Pretty hard to compensate for this type of stuff though :lol:

eGf8hzD.jpg

The worlds most compact 4132 :lol:

9PwkmPF.jpg

My left back clearly fancies himself as a Centre Back :lol:

I need to sort that out before I do anything else.

lol only thing missing from picture 1 is the PE teacher shouting "stop bunching!!!" and blasting his whistle

I was actually going fairly well with West Brom with what will ultimately be the AWAY/UNDERDOG tactic. Despite the Full Back issues I had been able to completely shut out as couple of big teams.

I think you will need 2 versions, one control, one attacking for different fixtures/situations.

I am looking at the Half Back role, perhaps the Anchor might be a better option at the moment at least.

Anchor all the way for now.

I'm going to try supporting wingbacks, told to stay wider and cross more, on the basis that I want to try and minimise the issue, but still have them as an attacking threat.

Anchor all the way for now.

I'm going to try supporting wingbacks, told to stay wider and cross more, on the basis that I want to try and minimise the issue, but still have them as an attacking threat.

Was thinking maybe even Full Back/Support, stay wider, cross more often/cross from deep (i think at least one of those may already be on). You dont have to be crossing from the byline all the time.

Was thinking maybe even Full Back/Support, stay wider, cross more often/cross from deep (i think at least one of those may already be on). You dont have to be crossing from the byline all the time.

Absolutely. I think most roles with an attacking duty will be problematic, unless you find another creative solution.

Even in narrow formations, you only want your full backs to give you a certain amount of attacking width, otherwise why bother with them at all, play 3 CD's. I think i'll try the FB(s) also and see if I can get the right balance between supporting the midfield and offering an overlap to the wide men.

I tried wing back and then full back and the full backs do seem to play the widest. Only on a couple of games here though, but the anchor man is also proving more advantageous defending and moves around a bit more tracking players making dangerous runs, good as the half back just wasn't doing that anymore. It seems to have rallied around a bit more, and even led me to a very comfortable 2-0 win over Man City but will obviously need more games to see if it sticks.

On another note, I've begun using "Push higher up" and over the last 5 games its dramatically reduced teams playing the ball out to wide men high up the field. Usually a full back is in a better position to intercept it, with drop deeper it was quite easy for teams to knock it out wide then swing it in.

Just read through the bugs forum and a fair bit of good news in there, they have acknowledged some key issues and it looks like they are working pretty hard on them namely.

AI Near post corners not being defended properly

Crossing too accurate even from players with poor attributes

The issue with Full Backs i raised this morning

I would expect an update soon (not in time for the weekend).

That raises the issue of whether its worth killing yourself trying to get an effective tactic when ME is likely to change again (for the better) fairly soon.

Playing a network game already with friends, so we've all been flogging ourselves to make tactics work. There will be a patch but there isn't a definitive timetable so at the moment I'm just using a 4-4-2 that's on overload, much higher defensive line, clear ball to flanks, exploit the flanks and using the opposition instruction to always close down other teams wingers and show them inside so AMR/MR onto left foot, AML/ML onto right foot. Surprisingly effective in the most sickening of ways to watch, because it's like playing the cut back pass in the box on FIFA.

Playing a network game already with friends, so we've all been flogging ourselves to make tactics work. There will be a patch but there isn't a definitive timetable so at the moment I'm just using a 4-4-2 that's on overload, much higher defensive line, clear ball to flanks, exploit the flanks and using the opposition instruction to always close down other teams wingers and show them inside so AMR/MR onto left foot, AML/ML onto right foot. Surprisingly effective in the most sickening of ways to watch, because it's like playing the cut back pass in the box on FIFA.

Thats a nuts set up, god help us if thats what we have to do to be effective!

I'm going very well with the 4132 with West Brom, set up to counter attack as you talked about in an earlier post.

Might be luck but i'm unbeaten in the League and have just turned over Man U 4-2. Still early days in the season so time for it to fall apart but pretty high scoring actually.

I'll be waiting for an update i think.

Must be one next week.

Its Saturday night and even SI Employees are on the main feedback thread saying they are very much working on issues, mainly crossing by the looks of it.

Seems to be a sense of urgency to get an update out.

I've actually got the 4132 functioning really well with West Brom. Its almost making the match engine look good :lol:

Pretty much possession based, think it will form the basis of the Away/Underdog tactic.

Crossing is over powered compared to playing thru the middle at the moment, we're not set up to exploit crossing so potentially when crossing is nerfed in the next patch (which it will be) the tactic should hold up or even improve.

umNITgg.png

CONTROL/FLUID

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

Shorter Passing

Retain Possession

Mark Tighter

Get Stuck In

Lower Tempo

Exploit the Flanks

Play Wider

PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS

GK - distribute to full backs

DC - shorter passing

CWB (L) - Run wide with ball

FB -® - nothing

DLP - more direct passes

CM defend - pass it shorter, close down much more

CM attack - pass it shorter, close down more

CM support - run wide with ball, move into channels, close down much more, pass it shorter

CF support - nothing

CF attack - nothing

9mqxycL.png

Not worth putting up a link as ME is likely to change soon.

Impressive. Was looking for a new tactic to use with Inter Milan. Guess I found one.

Thanks, this is aimed at smaller teams so might not be perfect for Inter Milan, should still go well. You might possibly be susceptible to a few draws against weaker teams. The attacking version should remedy that when i've done it.

Would you still recommend playing my two strikers as complete forwards in this tactic if they aren't suited to that role, both go yellow if I assign them to CF but are my key players

Personally I would leave them as they are.

They are natural strikers, the striking roles are just a list of player instructions,

One of mine was orange when I first played him, he became green after a few games. Bit weird that.

It's a good point about striking roles that got me thinking.

There is a strong case for selecting whatever striking role suits your player best as long as the duties (attack/support etc) are consistent with the tactic I.e one advanced one deep.

Excluding target man as that changes the behaviour of the tactic.

If you had a natural trequartista he won't close down in that role, but by forcing him into a role which makes him try and close down you are blunting his effectiveness.

Something else for me to think about!

Archived