dafuge's FM15 challenge

Stourbridge_FC_Crest.png

Stourbridge - Vanarama Conference North - 2016/17 - Fifth

A much better start this time, however the current issues with the ME are killing the game for me. Directly lost me the playoff final, but oh well.

Huge scorelines with a 10-1 loss to Worcester an embarassing result and a 6-8 loss bring another example of broken ME.

Will be interesting to see how the next season goes with my broke team.

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference North         5th                  Playoff Final Loss

Next Season

Sign some decent players

Earn some cash with a decent cup run

Promotion

Facility News

1000 new uneeded seats

Major Competition Winners

Vanarama Conference North - Macclesfield, Stockport

FA Cup - Liverpool

FA Trophy - Torquay

English Premier League - Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton

Championship - Fulham, Brighton, QPR

Champions League - Real Madrid

Euro - Chelsea

Hyundai A-League - Melb City/Melb City

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the verge of getting the sack. Second season started so brightly with us being at the top for a spell then we had a bad run and haven't turned it round yet with us lying in 15th going into February.

Edit- Resigned before they could sack me. It was inevitable anyway. Second highest scorers in the league but the amount of goals conceded was stupid. I'll give it another go at some point with somebody else.

Not often you see this

Nice! Think maybe twice in all my playtime. Also had a match where I criticized the refs and the FA remained silent.....tho that happens a little more frequently (I've gotten away with it once every 2-3 seasons...though I usually give up after my first warning of a season too!)

Early results from my second season suggest otherwise. =/

Been playing around with more marking and closing down (after reading your updates) I am conceeding fewer goals now (now if the goalie would stop making own goals!) But also scoring less. All in all, the more disciplined approach, marking and counter, has still been

helpful for me!

At least I'm not the only one losing in finals :(

Me too!

I'm absolutely gutted, put way too many hours into this already.

I only needed 4 points from home to 17th and away to 21st to win the title and I lost both because 1 player upset the moral of the whole squad because hes not good enough to start.

And of course it has to be in true FM15 style, with loads of goals, loads of false hope and even more ripping out my heart.

Squad - the squad is constantly improving.

Hi Dafuge,

Any chance that you would save that squad view and share it? I have desperately tried to create one with more info, but columns keeps disappearing and can't get them to show again... actually the more I keep changing the more columns disappear.

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2018/19

Season in review:

It was more of the same for us this year unfortunately as we made another trip to the play-off final and lost again. This one wasn't in such heartbreaking fashion but still disappointing nonetheless. I thought our overall league performance took a step back from last year which was a concern, but our form down the stretch run was much better and pulled us into the play-off positions after sitting around 7th-8th for most of the year.

Key players were star striker Jaanai Gordon, who top scored with 24 league goals and 33 in all competitions and Josimar Quntero, right winger who grabbed 20 goals and 12 assists.

Squad

League Table

Competitions

Transfers

Finances - Finances again boosted massively by the play-off final appearance.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         [b]Champions[/b]
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        16th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        3rd         Lost in Play-Off Final
2018/19   Vanarama Conference        5th         Lost in Play-Off Final

Next Season:

Promotion is the target again.

Skelmersdale Season 17/18

Vanarama Conference

Final League Position 18

The only positive from this season, was not being relegated. Despite last seasons dominance in the Conference North, this season, we were dominated by everyone. First time in this challenge I can recall ending with a negative goal score!

The Cups were a disaster as well, exiting both cups in the 1st round.

Board agreed to pay the £600 for a coaching badge, and I was thrilled when finally getting it, 8 months into the season. Was also looking forward to having the youth setup improved - Well, until the board decided to cancel the project.. It seems that

was a 190K down the drain, quite disheartening.

Had a few signing in the January transfer, which did help on the defensive record. As well as last seasons amazing winger Nené, who was released by Man Utd and decided to join meagerly Skelmersdale!

Scott Duxbury - Looks really good for this league. Can use him both DL and DC.

Alex-Ray Harvey - I believe he will be really good on the midfield.

Nené - Had 2 long injuries, so haven't really shown his value yet.

Jean-Michel Fontaine - In all my games, he has always scored when playing him. When he was free I had to have him :D

In the offense I am quite content with the current squad. In the defense however, we really need to strengthen Keeper, DC and a solid DM.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!

225px-Maidstone_United_Crest_New.jpg

Maidstone United - Vanarama South - 2015/16

We started well with winning 8 out of our first 9 games and I thought we would have a good shot at winning the league. We then lost our first game and suffered a slight blip which we soon got out of until late December when we fell away and didnt start winning again until early February. With a change of tactic we won 10 of our final 14 games to maintain a playoff place. We just about got through the semi final with a 7-6 aggregate win against Boreham Wood. with a 4-4 home draw and a 3-2 away win. We then played Welling in the final who we beat both times in the league and only went to put in a poor performance and lose 4-2. We should have beaten them but we didnt turn up at all.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early FA Cup exit to Staines. We went onto the 2nd round of the FA Trophy until we lost a 6-4 thriller against Oxford City.

Squad - Need a couple of improvements over the summer but overall I think we are good enough to mount a challenge on the playoffs again next season.

Finances - We still have money. Surprisingly.

Key Player Profiles:

Danny Mills - Started off as my 3rd choice striker but after the 1st and 2nd choice got injured he scored 4 goals in 30 minutes and kept his spot since. 38 Goals and 21 assists as my lone striker.

Daryl Mcmahon - 23 assists and 12 goals from the attacking midfield spot. Shame he is ageing.

Adam Mekki - 40 goals and 23 assists from the left wing position. Scored plenty of hat tricks. My player of the season.

Next Season

The plan next season is to reach the playoffs again. Hopefully we can improve the side over the summer and reach this goal. Hopefully a cup run would be nice as well.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South             5th               Lost in playoff final   

Looking at the ability of peoples squads who are around the playoffs it obvious why i'm struggling, my squad is awful mostly about 2 or 3 stars in current ability. If the team survive this season i think i need a serious overhaul.

To be fair i did have one standout player, a 17yo old defender with championship potential but 3 championships clubs all bid for him and since he would not sign a new contract i had to sell him.

Hi Dafuge,

Any chance that you would save that squad view and share it? I have desperately tried to create one with more info, but columns keeps disappearing and can't get them to show again... actually the more I keep changing the more columns disappear.

Here it is, although it is still a bit buggy. The last column has a habit of disappearing at times.

Holiday Man was doing such a great job at being unemployed (and I couldn't get the team I wanted) that he was persuaded to stay on for another season. Thanks to G_D_K for the suggestion in Dafuges Challenge 12 Steam Chat! Pretty sure starting in 2016 instead of 2015 is allowed, but let me know if it is not.

Quavis takes over at Chippenham Town

35es5yJ.png

Information

Hmm this could be the confusion as it is actually you that I wanted the save from :D

How often are your players wanted by other clubs? I am topping the league at the end of January, but there is not a single interest for my players. My wage bill is too inflated, and I need to correct this. I tried offering my star player to clubs, without any luck.

Joining in with Bury Town

3f4134e8be4f947dd9607ccb81b297fd.png

Will probably wait till the full release before getting going with the matches but starting to scout and sign already.

Plus the better than minimal youth recruitment at Bury has netted me a 16y striker with Conference level ability and League 1 potential :D

Must have tried 20 times to no avail :( may have to give up and just go for someone else.

Only 20 times? Oh you sweet summer child.

20 times is nothing :D I have reloaded 200+ and probably seen half the teams? Its quite difficult to get the rare teams this season

Only 20 times? Oh you sweet summer child.20 times is nothing :D I have reloaded 200+ and probably seen half the teams? Its quite difficult to get the rare teams this season
Try going on holiday for an extra year. Hereford and Dorchester ' reputation are so high they nearly always come up in the first season

Very average season, was midtable most of the way with a 6 game losing streak in feb/mar threatening the team with relegation before a few wins lifted the team away. Ended with 3 wins in a row, the most in 2 seasons. Defence was poor again with the goals conceeded slightly smaller at 117 with 1 clean sheet at the end of the season.

Lost in the FA cup to conference Luton and in the FA trophy to conference Stalybridge Celtic, these matches showed the huge gap that exists between Ilkeston and the conference. Luton thrashed me 6-1 and i was lucky to keep it to that much.

Finances are still pretty steady at about 100K.

I had to sell Bryan as he would not sign a new contract which ended in 6 months. I should have got more for him as Charlton offered 40K, Sheffield W would not even go to 20K. He chose Huddersfield, i'm hoping the friendly and 25% profit will also net a bit more.

The defence were poor again especially after Bryan left although better than last season. Wholey started well but was terrible by the end, his set pieces are a bonus though.

Up front its a different story as all 3 strikers were scoring for fun with at least 1 in top form at any time. Lavelle-Moore was probably the pick acting as a target man.

Since i can't find any players who will join who are better currently than my squad, i'm hoping a few of my youth players will step up next season.

Season            League              Position               Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16         Conference North        15th                   None
2016/17         Conference North        15th                   None

Hereford - Vanarama Conference North - 2015/16

BadgeHereford_United.png

I picked Hereford without knowing they have so much money to spend at this level. I brought some very good players, played well, but slipped from 1st place towards the end of the season. I was a bit nervous that we had to play penalty shootout in the playoff final, but we came victorious at the end.

- Best attacking force in the league, yet Stockport won the title thanks to amazing results in last few months.

- 2nd round exit.

- My dreams of playing European footbal through FA cup win were shattered very quickly.

- It seems as if I didn't spend much, but it's the wages that hurt.

- Very healthy positive balance turned into red. I brought players for very high wages, as if there is no tomorrow. I am not sure how I am going to fix this, no interest for my players so far.

Key Player Profiles:

- One of my first signings, I was so happy that he is willing to come that I overlook clause that he'll earn 240k after 5 games played.
:D

- My other winger, one of the few players that I kept from last season. He had a very good season.

- Ex Forest player, I was really surprised to see him come. He kept scoring from the start till the end of the season, including two golas in playoff final. His stars ratings deteriorated heavily towards the end of the season.

- Very good striker for upcoming season.

- Andy Cole's son. One for the seasons to come.

Career Overview
Season   Position   League     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd   Vanarama North    Promotion

Next Season

Finances need to be sorted out asap. I'd be satisfied to avoid relegation.

Edit: or maybe not. Board wants at least play-off place.
:rolleyes:

Only 20 times? Oh you sweet summer child.

20 times is nothing :D I have reloaded 200+ and probably seen half the teams? Its quite difficult to get the rare teams this season

Haha I'm a very impatient person :D I feel like I might struggle to stick with this though unless I have some tie to the team I pick which is why I'd really like to get Dunstable.

Yugo23 - well done on promotion although looking at the players they are way above anything that will sign for me, i'm not surprised the board want to make the playoffs.

£3.6K p/w for one player seems staggering, thats almost as much as my entire budget!

i think you may be in administration by the end of the season unless a great cup run or promotion occurs.

Archived