dafuge's FM15 challenge

Got a guy in on trial who was let go by Chelsea, 19yo by the name of Victorien Angban My staff say he has Premier Division potential which I know he won't achieve here but that kind of upside is too good a chance to pass up. Offered a contract but his agent made me put in my full offer before making any demands. Was scared that my offer would be so bad the agent wouldn't even negotiate. Worst part is that the agent accepted what I offered first time, so I know I've horribly overpaid. My main formation is a 4-2-3-1 so he's a good fit for the formation, so at the very least he'll get games as well as awful training facilities.

Edit: Now just realised he needs a work permit and there's no chance I don't think.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dulwich - Season 2018/19 - Vanarama Conference

League Table - much better than the last couple of seasons. Never really withing touching distance of the top 5 but am happy with the way it went.

FA Cup - made the first round, went down to League Two Notts County but we did get £30k from it which was nice

FA Trophy - would have liked a run in this as we were never in danger of going up or down in the league.

Transfers - got rid of a load of players this summer, also released a load of kids

Squad - only area of concern for me right now is defence, need to sort that this summer

Finances - still poor

Key Players

Dale Thompson - was signed as cover but got his chance with injuries and never looked back. Won Conference player of the year.

Josimar Quintero - right winger, was singed a season or 2 ago but took time to make his breakthrough

Ben Clark - the surprise of the season, top scorer by a mile

Charlie Walker - last seasons top scorer Scott Kashket missed pretty much the whole season with injury and Charlie took his place

George Dobson - another that has taken his time to breakthrough, good season from him

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         Title winners
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        18th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        19th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference        10th

Marine 2023-24 (Season 7)

"Tactical Issue"

League - 10th

FA Cup - 3rd Round

JPT - 1st Round

League Cup - 2nd Round

Had a funny season this year. Went through some odd phases where I wasn't sure how I wanted the team to play. Early on in the season I tried a change of system after consistently failing to get anything out of attacking mids for the last 2 years apart from the occasional super performance. Went with the same line up but with a more attacking intent after struggling to score early on in the season led to a magnificent 4-0 win away at Doncaster. Probably the best attacking display I have managed in this career although both centre backs scored and a penalty was scored (which may have masked other problems), but the big change was the amount of shots we had in the area in comparison to the previous 4-5 games. Weirdly after that result my entire back 5 got in team of the week.

Gambled on Sam Croucher in the summer as he had what i thought we needed as an option up front. Pace, work rate and stamina, Typical English forward can finish a little bit as well which is nice. Although he played in the championship last year and scored a whopping 2 in 28! so a bit of a gamble. Bagged a hat-trick against Chesterfield his former club in his 3rd or 4th game and just kept banging them in. Following this wonderful win we were pretty poor again and injuries and internationals forced a change of formation dropping my attacking mid back to a holding player in front of the back 4. Since the change only 1 goal conceded in 5 games and that was down to an individual error. Boring football but if the opponents aint got the ball they can’t score right. Kearney playing as an inside forward on the left has proved very effective and stops my lone front man getting isolated. The right winger, be that Bishop or Phillips get in behind the back 4 regularly just a shame neither of them can finish well. Dave Cross youngster from last season started poorly and the form of Croucher kept him out of the side and out of the goals. However injury to Croucher gave him a chance and he took that chance with a brace against Birmingham to give us a Cup tie at home against Middlesbrough in the 3rd Round. This performance seemed to attract Southampton and he left in January.

Eventually our negativity wore me down and with midfielders struggling for goals led to a lot on binary games and I had to try and score some goals. Went to a 2-3-2-1-2 formation. We can't defend much any more but we can score goals. Finished on the same amount of points as last year which is a little disappointing.

Key players

Daniel Kearney - Winger/Attacking midfielder who looks to be by far our best player if he could just improve his finishing a little.

Andy Pollock - Loanee centre back was part of the best defence in the league

Sam Croucher - Top scorer. Ruthlessly effective in all of my systems and probably kept me playing the overly negative system for so long.

Joel Phillips - Right winger. Shared the position with Bishop and was very effective, would be nice if he could finish though.

Plans from last season

Cup Run SUCCESS

Look at the playoffs SUCCESS

Reduce reliance on loan players SUCCESS

Plans for next season

Playoff

Strengthen squad

History

Season    Level   League      FA Cup     FA Trophy   JPT      League Cup          Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    VCN     19th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual
2016/17    VCN      9th       2nd Qual   1st Round
2017/18    VCN     15th       1st Round  3rd Qual
2018/19    VCN      3rd       3rd Qual   2nd Round
2019/20    VCN      1st       1st Round  1st Round
2020/21    NAT      1st       1st Round  Semi Final
2021/22    L2       1st       1st Round  N/A        1st Round 1st Round
2022/23    L1       10th      2nd Round  N/A       Semi Final 1st Round
2023/24    L1       7th       3rd Round  N/A        1st Round 2nd Round

Hereford United - Championship - A Miracle nearly happened.

Season 23/24

League Table.

http://i.gyazo.com/e024d06de9ca93b8b82c5de5524d5f9a.png

Dropped some silly points which cost us automatic promotion in the end. Teams kept lining up 4-5-1 against us, so we had to attack them and it paid off.

Playoffs

http://i.gyazo.com/1f6dea21fa4218ad317343ccc82ff0d3.png

The boys were incredible against Huddersfield and it gave me real optimism going into the final.Unfortunately infront of the big Wembley crowd and the Twitch audience we bottled it badly.

The FA Cup saw us lose in the third round at home to Derby 3-2 with a last minute goal after we went to 10 men.

The League Cup saw us eliminate Bournemouth and Wolves before being turned over by Burnley in Round 3.

Transfers for 24/25. Saw us cash in on Mesquita who played a total of 11 games for us. Also lost Henderson due to a clause in his contract. Darren Randolph has retired. Delighted to bring MacDonald and Mohammend in on permanent deals after their loan deals.

http://i.gyazo.com/8a3c87c6013840a1c3aefc8b2a156c6a.png

So we go again, can we go one better? Here's the squad aiming to go up. Although the board want top half.

http://i.gyazo.com/f78c63685493a8b93d4c139f04e75f88.png

It's cut out Mark Ridgers, who is 3rd choice keeper.

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North   1st    Champions  Fa Cup 2nd Qual round FA Trophy 4th Round
2016/17   Vanarama Conference           1st     Champions  Fa Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2017/18   League Two                          14th    JTP Round 2, League Cup Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2018/19   League Two                           2nd      Promoted, League Cup Round 1, JPT Round 2, FA Cup Round 3
2019/20   League One                           22nd     Relegated, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2020/21   League Two                           1st       Champions, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, Fa Cup Round 2.
2021/22   League One                         11th        League Cup Round 4, FA Cup round 2, JPT Quarter finals.
2022/23   League One                         3rd        Promoted, Playoff winners, League Cup Round 2, FA Cup Round 3, JPT Semi finals.
2023/24   Championship                      3rd        Playoff runners up, FA Cup Round 3, League Cup Round 3.

Sitting with 3m in the bank and a new stadium under planning permission so we may see that is 3-4 years. No mention of how its being funded though. Just popped up in my board section.

Another disastrous 1st season from me.

The dream of getting anywhere with Truro well and truly shattered. I finished in dead last with 22 points over the season a remarkably low total considering the number of games but it was not undeserved.

I think I will try with one of the bigger prospects. With the really low rep teams I think you need a different approach to that I run with, on the player acquisition side of things. I like to scout for the positions in most dire need of better players. With only two scouts which is usually what you can have with the low rep teams even only setting scouting for one month the season gets upon you. Assuming your scouts turn up anything you either have to sit and wait for them to fully scout the player or trial them. My wanting to fully scout players meant I waited until Jan/Feb to bring new players in, which combined with me not renewing contracts on a load of dross was a terrible decision.

With a higher rep team I am hoping the ability of the players will hide the ineptitude of my management, and not getting relegated 1st season (hopefully) will allow some time for my slow burn approach to hopefully work.

So 3rd time lucky as they say

Maidstone

http://imgur.com/6o76OMW

After I went back to work after the Christmas break, my game has been progressing very slowly. I am in the build up to my first ever Champiuosnhip season in Dafuges Challenge (wow, much psyched, such excite) and I think it will be my hardest FM season ever.

The board expectations are "don't get outclassed too often", and I am finding it very difficult to attract any sort of quality. Though I have managed to contract an experienced Slovenian international RB from Charlton and a Montenegrin international MC, it will be a huge challenge.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2022/23

The season started off quite well made few signings to improve the squad that i thought would be good.

League Table

Past Positions - so after a decent start we managed to get relegated.

FA Cup- We were knocked out in fourth round qualifying by Welling United.

FA Trophy - played my full team in this and managed to get to the fourth round and lost 6 -5 to Boston United

Transfers - with the relegation lot of my first team wanted to leave so i let them.

Squad- A lot of the squad have left because they did not want to stay and fight to get back up.

Finances -hopefully with the players leave this will reduce the wages and make them better next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - poor season by his standards

Richard Stephenson -poor season from him this year want see improvement next season .

Jason Gill -proberly the best player in the team.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  3rd     play off winners 
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          19th     None   
2017/18   Vanarama Conference          24th     None  
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   6h      
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st     Champions 
2020/21   Vanarama Conference             20th  None  
2021/22   Vanarama Conference             19th  None  
2022/23   Vanarama Conference             21th  Relegated  

Next Season]

Try and rebuild the team and focus on the youth set up.

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2019/20 - Vanarama Conference

League Table - after a good start (undefeated in our first 12 games) we competed with Plymouth all season, narrowly pipping them to the title

FA Cup - embarrassing, fielded our strongest team as well

FA Trophy - were doing OK but the league took precedence so fielded a reserve team and lost

Transfers - not as many as the last couple of seasons, most were defensive reinforcements

Squad - OK for this level but big changes now we're going full time

Finances - still bad

Key Players

Dale Thompson - not as many goals this season but 21 assists were key

Josimer Quintero - the right winger had a great season

Ted Smith - keeper, when he was good he was great, when he was bad we were hammered for 5 or 6

Scott Kashet - top scorer with just 13

Richard Bakary - right back only missed 1 game all season

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         Title Winners
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        18th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        19th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference        10th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference        1st         Title Winners

Cheers, no way we should have won the league with that squad, we just clicked. When we were good we would hammer teams, the flip side is we also got hammered when we played bad (think we conceded 4 goals twice, 5 3 times and 6 once)

Going to need a lot of work with recruitment this summer.

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2028/29

League - we seem to have returned to our style of the first seasons with few goals scored and few conceded, which seemed to work as we're in the Champions League for the first time.

FA Cup - a perfect record, although we were lucky more than once.

Capital One Cup - it wasn't an easy match but as defending champions we should have done better.

UEFA Europa League - an absolute disaster.

Squad - it's a good squad, but we need to add more quality in order to capitalize on our latest achievements.

Transfers - this was a season of renewing, as some players who were once indispensable are struggling to keep up with the competition.

Finances - we're making a profit every month which enables us to spend big if there's the need to.

Career overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners

Next season

This 3rd place had some luck into it, but we want to do better each season and that means transfer activity.

nice, make sure to keep quintero, at my save he joined in the conference and stayed until the premier league, with being a first 11 player until the championship

That's good to hear. His first season with me was poor but his last 2 have been great. Already got him signed up for the next couple of seasons.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2022/23

Since we're managing the same team I thought I would check out your first season update and see how different the teams looked and it really is significant. One thing that stood out to me was Sam Rents vs Tom Phipp. Rents was one of your best players early on and you had him for several years but Phipp left straight away. For me it was nearly the opposite with Rents only a back up first year and let go after 1 year and Phipp winning my player of the season in the first year.

Would be great to know how much of the difference is randomness with regards to ability, how much is different recommendations from staff and how much is due to playing MR and ML vs AML and AMR.

Hereford United - Championship - We are Champions!

Season 24/25

League Table.

http://i.gyazo.com/a324f876f6706ad20a09e8901fbb5bb6.png

We kept most of the team from last season and it paid off, the boys were consistent and in the end we got the title. Finally making the Premiership.

FA Cup

http://i.gyazo.com/bf7cd0dbf130be4d1737da0688666351.png

Scraping through against Premier League Boro, before a great comeback against Millwall with 10 men in Round 4. QPR we got lucky with 2 penalties before destroying them at home. The Spurs game again lucky, 1-0 down with 6 mins to go then this happened.

http://i.gyazo.com/7f60ade9d37a08ca220775ab835046fb.png

The Semi final however, Chelsea were too good for us and we lost 3-1.

The League cup saw wins over Chelmsford, York and Brighton before we lost to Stoke in Round 4.

25/26 season with the sky money see us actually able to spend money :O

http://i.gyazo.com/d693bdbbe060ea7286242494c925eeb5.png

Here's the squad - the aim simple 17th place.

http://i.gyazo.com/7f43ac321cec66d1d3a6e05aea401ac5.png

http://i.gyazo.com/9e4bd5959b516b9ba8feac997c0c8dc0.png

Graca's the one I really like the look of.

http://i.gyazo.com/d0eea899996892a9361a4b0156d377cc.png

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North   1st    Champions  Fa Cup 2nd Qual round FA Trophy 4th Round
2016/17   Vanarama Conference           1st     Champions  Fa Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2017/18   League Two                          14th    JTP Round 2, League Cup Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2018/19   League Two                           2nd      Promoted, League Cup Round 1, JPT Round 2, FA Cup Round 3
2019/20   League One                           22nd     Relegated, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, FA Cup Round 2.
2020/21   League Two                           1st       Champions, League Cup R1, JPT Round 1, Fa Cup Round 2.
2021/22   League One                         11th        League Cup Round 4, FA Cup round 2, JPT Quarter finals.
2022/23   League One                         3rd        Promoted, Playoff winners, League Cup Round 2, FA Cup Round 3, JPT Semi finals.
2023/24   Championship                      3rd        Playoff runners up, FA Cup Round 3, League Cup Round 3.
2024/25   Championship                      1st         Champions, FA Cup semi finals, League Cup Round 4.

New Stadium confirmed, just over 16k called the Hereford stadium, will be ready next year. So we get one year at Edgar Street in the BPL. 23m debt loan to pay off to afford it.

Bring on the Premierleague.

I'm in over my head in the Championship. Teams like Southampton, Middlesbrough and the other PL relegates beat me with 3 or 4 goals, and I barely scrape wins against fellow strugglers Exeter, Walsall and such. It's going to be a tough season on a very low budget. If I survive, I have performed a miracle.

Since we're managing the same team I thought I would check out your first season update and see how different the teams looked and it really is significant. One thing that stood out to me was Sam Rents vs Tom Phipp. Rents was one of your best players early on and you had him for several years but Phipp left straight away. For me it was nearly the opposite with Rents only a back up first year and let go after 1 year and Phipp winning my player of the season in the first year.

Would be great to know how much of the difference is randomness with regards to ability, how much is different recommendations from staff and how much is due to playing MR and ML vs AML and AMR.

I'm also managing Margate, doing this challenge but haven't been posting my progress. Went up in my first season then finished 16th in the Conference. Sitting mid-table in my second season, bit up and down but Rents and Phipp are still with me. Phipp has been Fans POFY both seasons so far, Rents consistently playing as my left wing-back or occasionally a wide midfielder - he's been an extremely consistent penalty taker for me as well.

Phipp is good but could be better, he's probably not helped by how versatile he is because I play him in lots of different positions. He actually started last season as my right wing-back as I flirted with a back 3. He started the current season as the Advanced Forward in my 4-4-2 and did pretty well, he's now either the attacking right winger or (support) left-sided Inside Forward in my 4-2-2-1!!

In the Conference South he scored a lot of goals, quite a few from free kicks as well.

Dulwichhamlet_zps5468631e.png

Dulwich Hamlet

2018/19 Season

Vanarama Conference Premier

Season Review

League: 3rd (Promoted)

Well we go one better, winning promotion at the 2nd attempt. However as Hartlepool were far too good, we had to go through the play offs. Firstly we overcame Dagenham & Redbridge on penalties after throwing away a 2-0 goal lead (away goals don't count!), then we suffered an absolute battering against Woking in the final, only to again triumph on penalties.

FA Cup: 3rd Round

Further progress in this competition, and we get a solid tie against Newcastle, only being knocked out by a single goal.

FA Trophy: 4th Round

No repeat of the previous season, as our progress is ended by eventual winners Hartlepool

Key players:

Stephen Hunt: another solid season from the veteran Irishman

Simon Farrington: on a season long loan from Ipswich, the young defender proved our most consistent defender

Mate Eterovic: the experienced Croatian striker was the most consistent of our often rotated front pairing

Jordan Sinnott: solid work in the middle of the park from the central midfielder

Kyle Clinton: the young centre back excelled in his first season

Finances: the great cup run plus our appearance at Wembley means these are very strong, enough to fund a required stadium expansion. We're off to (relegated...) AFC Wimbledon's brand new stadium for a few months.

I signed another, full time contract, and also won manager of the year.

[u]Season[/u]      [u]League[/u]      [u]Position[/u]     [u]FA Cup[/u]    [u]League Cup[/u]     [u]FA Trophy[/u]   [u]Europe[/u]    [u]Notes[/u]   

2015/16      VCS            6th        1st          -             SF             -         -
2016/17      VCS            1st        1st                        1st
2017/18      VCP            7th        2nd         -           Winners
2018/19      VCP            3rd        3rd           -            4th                Promoted

Around the World

Champions League: Bayern Munich

Europa League: Arsenal

Premier League: Manchester City (again)

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Chelsea

From memory Phipp has the "shoots with power" PPM which can make him lethal in the lower leagues. I had great success with him on both FM13 and FM13.

Shoots From Distance it is now i think?

Finally settled on a system, not too dissimilar to yours CAndC and starting to make some progress finally. Having a settled system and lineup at last certainly makes a big difference.

Snapped up a couple of great youngsters who'd been released by Premier League clubs but were still available on frees - simply by checking the Transfer History of the PL clubs and offering trials to anyone who had been released on a free transfer...

For maybe League 1 standards he can become really good. World class? I don't think so, especially since Hereford don't have state of the art training facilities.

here he is at entering my academy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qyt8v6rkvjlreg/Dave%20Langford_%20Overview%20Profile.png?dl=0

and here he is 3,5 years later:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxnsxpb3y75stzf/Dave%20Langford_%20Overview%20Profile-3.png?dl=0

made him 1st keeper, hoping he will continue to grow

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2029/30

League - so many losses. Losing almost a third of the games we'll never be a real title contender.

Community Shield - it was tight but they deserved it.

FA Cup - the only high point of this season.

Capital One Cup - a huge disappointment.

UEFA Champions League - the group was very difficult, all we could aim for was the Europa League.

Squad - we have good options for every position.

Transfers - we are having some difficulties offloading unnecessary players.

Finances - in good shape.

Career overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners

Next season

After a season that didn't see us improve anything we want to take a step forward.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Last season we won everything, so this season we had the challenge of repeating it.

League Table - this was a record points total and goal tally.

Community Shield - it was pretty close until the last ten minutes.

UEFA Super Cup - we taught Real Madrid a lesson.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual one sided affair.

Capital One Cup - no problems as we retained the cup.

FA Cup - after battering Man Utd we slipped up against Norwich.

UEFA Champions League - the quarter final first leg was the highlight as we retained the trophy again.

Transfers - jus the replacement for the player who left on a Bosman.

Squad - there's a number of older players now, it will be tough to replace them.

Finances - a fairly big loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - he returned from a long injury in stunning form.

Konstantin Larionov - an impressive goal tally for the backup striker.

Didier Kouakou - he is irreplaceable.

Muhammed Benali - an amazing winger.

Park Min-Ho - he's become a backup striker, but a useful one.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Rebuilding the squad will be the job for next season, we need to start thinking about replacing some of the older players.

Is there somewhere in the game where you can see the final standings in previous years?
You can scroll through the previous years using the arrows in the top right hand corner of the league table page.
Another way is 'club overview' -> 'history' -> 'domestic competitions'.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2016/17

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Competitions

Table Graph

Transfers Trials Staff In

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Key Player Profiles:

GKs: Crocombe Miles

RB: Hammond

CB: Kantah

CM: Timlin

RW: Phipp

LW: Pinnock

FW: Maguire Sadlier

Loanees:

CB: Kennedy

CM: Croasdale

LW: Duggan

FW: Taylor-Crossdale

Awards:

Tom Phipp - Vanarama Conference player of the season.

Something of a lackluster season with no real danger of relegation but nor was there any genuine chance of making the playoffs. We started the season in financial trouble and it only got worse as the year went on. New owners came in and put up £110k as well as ongoing contributions but that just meant loans. With that and the loan we had to take out to make the stadium meet the standards, the club is now £394k in debt (£3.5k/month in repayments until mid-late 2021).

Having gotten rid of a lot of deadwood at the end of last year, the squad started small and injuries meant I had to bring in 4 season long loanees as the club only had 2 CB, 2 CM, and 1 fit LW and FW at the time. One thing that made it very difficult was that any new transfers (Hammond was agreed to before last season ended) were only allowed to be full time, despite the rest of the team and all the coaches being on part time contracts. Since full time players want a lot more money, this severely hampered the quality of players I could get into the team.

With the financial trouble and wage issues at the club, I went out of my way to scout any unattached young players, especially around the time I was expecting a new batch to come through. From that we signed 10 youngers who all have potential, some of them even getting a couple of sub appearances late in the season. The idea being to have them make up the depth of the squad whilst hopefully having a full time First XI with a couple of backups and loanees where needed.

Same full time issue is happening with staff where any renewals will now have to be full time and I'm not sure the board will allow me to offer anywhere near what they'll each want if the demands of replacement staff is any indication.

The biggest problem is the lack of revenue. With no cup runs so far, we've relied on match day income and as you can see by our average attendance and highest gate receipts from each season, we're not exactly going in the right direction there. Certainly hasn't been for lack of excitement either. Last year we scored 105 goals in 42 matches (19 more than 2nd best) and this season we scored 93 goals in 46 matches which was equal highest. We did also conceed 80 goals this year, so clearly I need to work on my defensive play or the game is creating too many goals in general.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                 Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South          Promotion, 4th Qual. Rd FA Cup, 4th Rd FA Trophy 
2016/17  8th      Vanarama Conference     1st Rd FA Cup, 1st Rd FA Trophy     

Next Season

With everyone moving to full time, there should be improvement in those younger players. I'm really going to have to prune the squad very hard again, which is bound to **** off the supporters as some of the players are well liked. Need to find a way to either increase attendance or have a cup run as without either, the club is surely looking at going into administration. Probably need to accept that the best course of action is take a couple of steps back in terms of the quality of the squad, in the hopes of improving the long term outlook.

I've started this challenge with Matlock.

I've not posted screenshots yet as I may start again - just can't seem to get an affinity or "feel" for the club (even though I love the area whenever I've visited!!)

My question is - at what point can you start doing any coaching badges, or is this not allowed??

I've trawled many pages of this thread, but cannot find the answer.

Hmmm looks like my board used the lowest bidder to expand our ground, just moved back into our newly expanded 12,500 all-seater stadium to find we have been left with a fully built but empty stand - the match was sold-out and it's not standing room either as a closer look shows they are folded up red seats, we should also have some fun health and safety issues considering the stands have been build with no barriers or walls at the end they also seem to have built two player tunnels as well :rolleyes:

I've started this challenge with Matlock.

I've not posted screenshots yet as I may start again - just can't seem to get an affinity or "feel" for the club (even though I love the area whenever I've visited!!)

My question is - at what point can you start doing any coaching badges, or is this not allowed??

I've trawled many pages of this thread, but cannot find the answer.

You can ask to do your coaching badges whenever you want (or well when the board will approve you doing them), you just need to have started with none.

You can ask to do your coaching badges whenever you want (or well when the board will approve you doing them), you just need to have started with none.

Thanks for the reply!!

So I take it within the "Board Requests" there is an option to ask to start your badges (I know you have to start without any)

In your experience (or anybody else's) do you find they usually approve this request??

This is a bit harsh newly promoted Southampton have just fired their manager after five games (he only managed 10 games total after being hired at the end of last season - losing seven and winning three of his 10 games, though they have lost all five league games this season), though he did last three days and one game more than Moyes who they sacked in 2016 after just nine games and 156 days.

My board rejected my request every time in the first few years, it wasn't until I had gained a couple of promotions that they let me study for a badge.

Mine approved it quite often though a bug in the game meant the game kept on forgetting that I was on the course and had to start it again and again, finally got National C in 2019 (League Two), National B in 2021 (Championship), National A and Continental C in 2022 and Continental B in 2023 and now working on Continental A.

It's just in the database size drop down menu. If you select 'advanced'* from the menu then you get the option to add the required players.

* I'm sure this used to be called 'custom', I may have used the wrong wording in the opening post.

Archived