dafuge's FM15 challenge

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans - 2021/22

League 1

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Fight bravely against relegation

Finish: 1st

Another promotion for the fourth consecutive season!

Given how late we managed to pull a squad together, this was a surprise to me. A few lucky 1-0 wins early on got us going, then when the team began to gel we dominated and pulled off an impressive title victory.

Teams such as Palace, Leeds, Peterborough and York were running us close at one point, but as the season went on a gap began to open up and in the end we ran away with it.

Capital One Cup

Board Expectation: First Round

Finish: First Round (knocked out away to Middlesbrough)

Again this tie was just too early for us and we lost 1-0.

FA Cup

Board Expectation: Reach Third Round

Finish: Third Round (knocked out away to Wigan in a replay)

A decent run, that should have gone further. After defeating Bristol Rovers and Wycombe with relative ease we faced Wigan. We dominated at home, but failed to beat the League 2 side leading to a replay. Again we absolutely dominated this replay away from home, but Wigan managed to smash and grab their way to a 2-1 win and we were undeservedly knocked out. Very disappointing.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Board Expectation: Not important

Finish: North Semi-final

Our best run in this competition. Good wins against Leeds, Rochdale and Chester got us an away tie against Oldham in the semi-final. Another disappointing end to the cup run saw us crash out on penalties after drawing 1-1 in a game in which we dominated.

Squad

Another season with a whole new squad coming in. Some familiar names were brought back in on loan again and other loanees were relied on from Premier League clubs.

Probably the strongest squad I've had so far, in terms of everyone sharing game time and everyone playing a big part.

Transfers

A 375k bid came in for Sid Nelson from Palace, who was a huge player at CB last year. We had to accept this being 3 times his value. Fortunately, he wasn't missed.

Finances

A parent link was announced with Sunderland of the Championship (boooooooo!), who kindly lent us 2 players on loan this season.

The stadium expansion was completed and our capacity now sits at 5935 (2000 seats). A new announcement from the board sees 3935 seats to be added in order to make it an all-seater stadium. Whilst this work is being carried out, we will play at Gateshead International Stadium (11,800 all-seater) until November. Weird because Gateshead and Blyth aren't that close!

Youth facilites are being improved and the club retained its Category 4 academy status. (soon to be Category 3)

Notable Players

Francesco Cassata - Magnificent free transfer for the club. Spotted by scouts, he was immediately snapped up after a trial in October. The winger was worth 8.5m at one point in the season, now worth 6.5m

Jimmy Molan - Another new signing at CB who came in for free. He played a lot of games and was solid at the back

Mackenzie Heaney - A second loan spell at the club and he was even better than last season

Lucas Roggia - He's been linked with so many clubs this season and last and played many games being unhappy, however that hasn't stopped him firing 20 league goals, an improvement on last year's 16.

Barry Bannan - A club icon and fan favourite. Despite my staff telling me he wasn't good enough for this league I kept the faith week in week out. He delivered. 7 goals and 8 assists from midfield a solid return, even if only half the figures he managed in League 2 last season.

Roberto Altamirano - A second loan spell saw him lead the back line in most games. The young Spanish CB was vital in defence.

Next Season

Another promotion and the club is flying at the moment. This could be a tough season ahead though. Finances aren't great, whilst improvements to facilities are being made and the prospect of the Championship seems even more daunting than League 1/2.

However, the aim is the same as last season. Concetrate on staying up asap and see what happens after that!

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North     9th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference North     5th        Lost in play-off semi final
2017/18   Vanarama Conference North     7th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference North     2nd        Promoted via the play-offs!
2019/20   Vanarama Conference           1st        Promoted as champions!
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2              1st        Promoted as champions!
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1              1st        Promoted as champions!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2069/70

Last season we missed out on the Champions League after winning it 28 times in a row. This season we had to win it back.

League Table - an unbeaten season, not had one of those for a while.

Community Shield - despite the early goals, we struggled to a win.

Capital One Cup - Sheffield Wednesday came close to knocking us out.

FA Cup - we slipped up at Arsenal, conceding two late goals.

UEFA Champions League - a perfect set of wins.

Transfers - nothing much.

Squad - we've got some good youngsters, but there are also a few older players that will need to be replaced.

Finances - no problems.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - his best season yet.

Darío Linares - this was a poor season for him, it's time for him to move on.

Evani Talea - our most valuable player.

Hélder - a legend.

Ziya Özen - brilliant as always.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the possibility of a new stadium in the next few years, it is time to set myself a new challenge. I'm going to have one more transfer window to try and replace the older players then look to go youth only.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2017/2018

Vanarama Conference

Summary

League

Board Expectation: mid table

Media Expectation: 17th

Finish: 8th

A strong start saw us 4th at christmas with only 4 league games lost. As injuries took their toll we struggled for both fitness and consistency, slipping to an 8th place finish.

Cup Competitions

Another disappointing season, going out to Dagenham in the FA Cup first round after a replay and making the 4th round of the trophy. One year we'll have a cup run.

Transfers

I tried a new strategy by targeting older, experienced players. In the main it worked, but the players I brought in were all made of glass and spit. Jamie Proctor, released by Fleetwood, was brought in as the answer to our goalscoring problem but a succession of niggling injuries limited him to only 14 starts and I don't think he was properly match fit in any one of them.

Finances

You have to apy for experience so my wage budget was maxed out all season. I managed to stay in the black but our reserves are low. On the plus side, the board agreed to improve the training facilities and fund me another coaching license.

Notable Players

Jamie Proctor - Showed flashes of real class at this level. If only he could stay fit and finish more than 3 games in a row

Matty Pearson - Mr dependable, never let me down all season. He basically filled in for injuries both at the back and in the midfield and never complained once. What a lad.

Denzeil Boadu - Snapped up from Man City's youth team on a free, we can only again dream of what might have been had he stayed fully fit the whole season. 17 goals from 25 starts at AMC bodes well for next season.

Next Season

If we can keep our best players fit then promotion is a definite possibility. The summer will be spent upgrading our cover options as that's what cost us during the spring run-in.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North      2nd       Play-off Semi--final losers     
2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st        Champions!
2017/18   Vanarama Conference            8th          

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2017/2018

Vanarama Conference

Summary

League

Board Expectation: promotion

Media Expectation: 1st

We were feeling confident heading into the new season, only a potential injury crisis could stop us. 8 injuries from 5 games later, we were less confident. However, we recovered and put together a strong set of results. At christmas there were 6 or 7 teams within 3 points of each other at the top but 7 straight wins saw us pull 11 points clear by the start of March. It was just as well, as our form plummeted and we only won 4 of the last 10. Luckily nobody could take advantage and we held on.

Cup Competitions

we are really not good at cup competitions. At least we made it to the 2nd round of the FA Cup this season but lost 1-0 away at Northampton

Transfers

We tried for quality over quantity this season and, in the main, it worked. Some very important players brought in including a couple with premiership experience.

Finances

we made a bucket load of cash this season and i'm not entirely sure how. We have 1.6m sitting in the bank so I think I might make a few board requests.

Notable Players

Jordan Williams - Solid defender, possibly only squad player to stay fit for the whole season

Jordan Lussey - was on Liverpool's books, dropped down to add some real class. He is a threat from long distance as well. Works well as a box to box midfielder

Jack Dunn - Another free snapped up after being released by Liverpool. Scored 19 goals in 45 games but worryingly went on an 11 game run without scoring at the end of the season. Has potential to be a good championship striker according to my assman.

Next Season

Our poor run in to the season has left me with little confidence of the current squads chances of similar success in a higher division. If I can gain some mid-table respectability, I'll be more than happy.

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st        Champions!
2018/19   Vanarama Conference              1st         Champions!   

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2070/71

At the end of last season I made the decision to go to an all-youth policy, with the start of this season being my last chance to sign any new players.

League Table - not our best season as our defence looked a little shaky.

Community Shield - a fairly comfortable win.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was a bit easier thanks to four first half goals.

FIFA Club World Cup - after a year off we got back to beating the South Americans.

Capital One Cup - just the one goal conceded.

FA Cup - I made a huge error in rotating the squad against Championship opposition, we paid the price in extra time.

UEFA Champions League - just the one draw as we dominated throughout.

Transfers - our final transfer window resulted in just one signing, a brilliant winger.

Squad - currently we have 7/24 of our squad produced by our academy.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer again.

Twan Koppers - he had a great season, but will probably make way for a home grown player.

Ziya Özen - the brilliant winger.

Stuart Timms - the only new youth product signing, probably best as an AMC but I'm going to train him as the supporting striker.

Career Overview

2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

For the next few years I will be replacing members of the squad with the best youth products. I imagine it will take a while to replace the whole squad so in that time I'm hoping the tycoon owner will stick around and build a new stadium.

Stamford - Vanaram Conference North - 2015/16

Not a great season as finished low down in the league and in the middle of a squad overhaul.

League Table - Won the first game then lost the next three. Then went on a winning run and was around the play-offs. Then it all fell apart as ailly mistakes by any player in put the team seem to gift winning goals to the opposition and went on runs of not winning in 6 or 7 games.

FA Trophy - Managed to reach the 2nd round, where we was knocked out by Forest Green in the league above

FA Cup - Passed expectations and reached the 4th qualifying round.

Transfers - A lot of comings and goings. Some worked some didn't

Key Player Profiles:

Luke Beesley - top scorer and fans player of the season

Sam Austin - My target man I brought in and made an impact by scoring 8 in 8 games

Liam Kingsmill - our most valuable player

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    17th       

Next Season

Squad overhaul now occurring so aim is for play offs / mid table.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2019/2020

League Two

Summary

League

Board Expectation: reach play-offs

Media Expectation: 6th

A fantastic season from start to finish. The board made us fully professional which finally meant I could set up a half-decent training regime for pre-season. We led from the start and never looked like slipping up, the highlight being a 25 game unbeaten run from October to April. We spent the last three months around 20 points ahead on average and our only slip-up occurred when we finally needed one more victory to clinch the title only to lose at Oxford. Our nearest rivals also lost so we won the title after our poorest performance of the season, which was a bit of an anti-climax.

Cup Competitions

Finally, a good cup run!. After reaching the third round of the FA Cup we were drawn away at Championship Burnley. A fantastic rear guard action saw us snatch a 2-1 win and a reward of a 4th round clash at home to premiership Southampton. We were absolutley awesome, outplaying them and winning 1-0. Another home tie followed in the 5th but Spurs were just too strong for us. Annoyingly, the TV people came nowhere near us so we didn't earn as much cash as I'd have liked. The capital cup and Johnstone's paint trphy saw us lose heavily away at league 1 sides, which is a little worrying for next season.

Transfers

I employed a french scout at the start of the season and it was quite exciting to see french players pop up in my scouted players list. I took his recommendations on 3 wingers, signing them all as I couldn't decide. He did good, my French scout and I'm looking forward to some more reports from the lad.

Finances

we're comfortable but the need for a stadium expansion meeant the board cancelled my youth academy improvements. The increase in wage allowance for league 1 isn't huge either and I'm going to have to be disciplined in my summer dealings.

Notable Players

Khalid Abdo - I had him on loan from Aston Villa last season and he impressed with his few cameo appearances so I jumped at the chance to take him on again. He surpassed all expectations with 15 goals and 18 assists in 49 games from AMC. I'm going to try and get him permanently if I can

Jordan Lussey - Another great season from the midfield general. Sheffield United came sniffing around during the January window but a bid never materialised, luckily, as I think his head would've been turned.

Zana Allée - The best of my 3 French wingers I signed in the summer. Took a while to settle but made the inside left position his own with a string af awesome performances. Scored some cracking goals as well, he should do well next season.

Next Season

We're looking strong for next season and should be looking at least at the play-offs. We do need to strengthen in the right areas though (particularly up front as Dunn had a particularly disappointing season) so it will be a busy summer

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st          Champions!
2018/19   Vanarama Conference            1st          Champions! 
2019/20   League Two                     1st          Champions!  

Blyth Spartans

Season 3 - 2017/2018 - Vanarama Conference

I decided to carry on with this challenge by continuing my Blyth Spartans save that I hadn't played for a while which I couldn't fathom why I until I was a few games in....

League - Vanarama Conference

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2

Board Expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

Media Expected Position: 24th

Actual Position: 20th

It was always going to be a struggle after coming up from Conference North but this was much harder than I expected. With our squad there was only a handful of players able to cope with the quality of the step up and the first half of the season was dreadful which we spent sitting in 23rd position at least 7 points adrift from 20th placed North Ferriby.

The tactics and formations changed various times of the season until we found a 4-3-1-2 formation which we 'adjusted' to and managed to hit the second half of the season running with a lot of draws (16 in total) and an occasional win that managed to see us pull away from the relegation zones on the final day of the season with a 2-1 win against Lincoln.

Although a season of great escape the second half of the season showed glimpses of what we could be, so a lot more work to be done in pre-season and will be busy scouting more players to improve the quality of the squad.

Cups:

The FA Trophy was a blow out as we exited in the 2nd round against Stalybridge however in the FA Cup we were lucky with our draws and saw ourselves reach the 3rd round against Premiership opposition QPR, at Loftus Road we lost 2-0 but wasn't embarrassed and our bank balance afterwards was far from embarrassing too!

Transfers:

A lot in and a lot out. Purchased quite a few youth players on non-contracts due to the lack of quality I wanted a bigger squad to rotate in case a player's form was not good enough.

Top 3 Players:

Louis Storey - Our player of the year, another good year for Louis and still improving as a rock at the back. Hopefully he's discipline will improve next year.

Jarrett Rivers - Both creative and clinical sitting just behind the 2 strikers. Hoping for the same again next year from him.

Will Greenwood - Joined on loan from Leeds to cause problems for opposition defences with 15 goals he done well, if he was more clinical on the chances created for him he could have had double that though.

Next Season:

• Improve the squad hopefully with more money in the bank we will be able to attract better players
  • Get as far away from the relegation zone as possible
  • Stop silly mistakes / learn how to hold on to leads

dafuge, I really admire you for continuing to find new motivation to keep your save going. I would have been bored out of my mind about 40 seasons ago in your place... :D

I've got very used to playing just one save in a year, I think FM09 was the last version I had multiple saves (due to a laptop dying).

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2071/72

Last season I signed my last ever player, so this year was another transitional year of bringing in youth players and selling the older players.

League Table - not bad considering I rotated the squad a lot.

Community Shield - completely one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - we failed to take our chances in this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual big win.

Capital One Cup - Carlisle ran us close, but that was our only tough match.

FA Cup - we left it late in the final.

UEFA Champions League - we blew it as Man Utd got lucky in both legs.

Squad - 8/24 are youth products now.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - a 3 month injury hampered his season.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - he kept us going as our only senior striker.

Ollie Kennedy - a new youth player, will probably end up as a backup.

Danny Walker - another new youth player, his potential sounds decent.

Career Overview

2070/71   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners

Next Season

The chairman's status is dropping, so he may be on the way out soon. This might ruin my idea that we might get a new stadium.

Amazing what you've achieved Dafuge and to carry on playing for so many years :).

Will give this challenge a proper go next year I think, highest I've ever reached was League One with Canvey Island. Playing my Blyth save in the meantime to keep me occupied.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2020/2021

League One

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Be competitive

Media Expectation: 20th

Finish: 7th

We were a bit nervous after 5 games as we found ourselves at the bottom of the table but we quickly shrugged that off and started moving up the table. We were bouncing around 8-10th until January when we went on a run of 8 wins in 10 games lifting us up to 2nd. Bristol City were out of sight and would never be caught but we started dreaming of a third successive promotion. However, thelast 8 games returned only 2 victories and defeat in the last game of the season saw us fall out of the play-off places for the first time since February.

Cup Competitions

Back to normal for us as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and Capital Cup both saw us exit in the first round. We made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup but lost away at Bournemouth.

Transfers

Quite a high turnover again as I hunt for the perfect team. My problem seems to be getting more than one season out of the majority of my players. We signed Abdo on a permanent deal but he was awful and is about to be sold to Exeter.

Finances

A stadium expansion means we're not looking so good. There's now a 3.5m loan that needs to be paid back which hampers us bringing in higher quality players, especially as the board is looking to recoup some money through player sales. Hopefully it won't get to that.

Notable Players

Danny Dougall - I needed a replacement for Jack Dunn, who I sold to Exeter, so I decided to raid the loan market. Danny joined from Everton and immediately started scoring. Interestingly, he had 2 months out which coincided with our best run of form. As soon as he returned to the team our form plummeted, despite all his goals. With 32 goals in 33 starts I'll definitely be looking to bring him back next season

Jordan Lussey - Another fantastic season, possibly his best one yet. Always the first name on the team sheet.

Gonçalo Guedes - Recommended by my Portugese scout, he was released by Benfica after starring for their B team. My Assman claims he has premiership potential, but we'll see.

Next Season

If we strengthen in the right areas then promotion is a definite possibility and should be our main aim. We have a good squad with a blend of youth and experience, after bringing in players like Fabian Delph and Fabio, so it's looking promising.

Career Overview

2020/21   League One                     7th

Stamford - Vanaram Conference North - 2015/16

Started again as the second season started off well but then went disastrously wrong and ended up getting relegated and sacked!

Still stuck with Stamford but this time round I took a quick read of the forums for some ideas and changed my approach to tactics, training and transfers (which ended up with a lot of scouting and people coming in on trail in preseason). Partly I didn't have a great pre-season to blend and get the tactics up due to the large amount of players. Still the first season I did better with a mid-table finish and I feel a lot stronger core set of young players.

League Table - I started off well and was hovering around the play-offs however a small squad (as non-contract backup players left wanting first team football) and injuries ruined that and I drifted into mid-table and ended up 12th.

FA Trophy - Managed to reach the 2nd round, where a late goal knocked us out.

FA Cup - Managed to reach the expectation of the 3rd qualifying round but was knocked out by bitter rivals Corby after having a player sent off. (the Corby games spiced up in the league due to this game)

Transfers - Players came in a out of those that have stayed, they have done well so far.

Key Player Profiles:

Luke Beesley - Like first time round top scorer

Corey Gregory - Signed him as a backup player as he could play wide and up front. His appearances on the wing soon earned him a contract and ended up being fans player of the year.

Danny Rowe - our most valuable player. First time round I let him go... I see what a big mistake that was!

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    12th       

Next Season

Strength the squad depth so bringing in youth that won't want first team football straight away. Aiming for the playoffs at least this time round.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2021/2022

League One

Summary

League

Board Expectation: play-offs

Finish: 2nd

We had to groundshare with Bolton while waiting for the expanison work on our ground to finish, which led to lots of sunday and friday kick-offs and matches in a mainly empty stadium. It did mean we more than doubled our record attendance when Norwich visited in the Cup. We were quickly involved in a two horse race for the title with Watford and finally managed to get a point ahead of them in early march. There then followed the inevitable run of 5 games without a win and once we regained our composure they were out of sight. Luckily none of the teams chasing us could take advantage and we were able to hold on for the second automatic promotion spot

Cup Competitions

Quite exciting in the FA Cup, we went to Tottenham in the third round and found ourselves 3-0 up. They battered us for the second half but could only get two goals so we held on for a famous win. The 5th round saw us travel to West Ham where we found ourselves beaten 4-2 but with no disgrace. The johnstone's paint trophy wasn't so good however. Norwich visited in the League Cup and the 11000 attendance was new record high, beating the previous record by more than double.

Transfers

quite a restrained year with only a few in and out. Quality over quantity is the new motto.

Finances

We're looking stronger now the stadium expansion is done. There's debt but it's manageable and the bank balance is growing. I've been given a transfer budget of 5m for our first season in the Championship but I don't trust myself to spend it wisely! I may hang on to most of it saving any absolute dead cert signings.

Notable Players

Danny Dougall - Not quite as successful as his first season but you still can't argue with 34 goals in 50 starts. His loan has been extended again and he'll be leading the line in the Championship. Hopefully he's good enough.

Charlie Leonard - i was looking for a replacement for Abdo and found that Leonard had just completed a season in league one at WBA and was available on a free. I snapped him up ostensibly as cover but he got his chance in September and never looked back. 11 goals in 33 starts and now has the potential to be a leading premiership player. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can hold on to him as the first thing I did once we clinched promotion was sign him up to a new 4 year contract.

Gonçalo Guedes - Wants to leave to play in a higher league, which is a bit upsetting as he had another good, consistent season.

Borja Herrera - Bought as cover for Lussey but ended up displacing him. Reliable penalty taker and free kick taker.

Jordan Lussey - Still a legend but playing time is getting less and less for the lad. He'll start the new season as a back-up squad player so it may be his last. There's no room for sentiment!

Next Season

Consolidation again. We're not set up for another promotion just yet so I'll be more than happy with just staying up and building up the squad and club for an attempt at promotion a little down the line. I've given myself until Fallout 4 to complete this challenge!

Career Overview

2021/22   League One                     2nd          Promotion

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2072/73

With the squad weakened due to promotion of youth players instead of transfers, we lost out on the Champions League last season. This time I was hopeful we could make up for that.

League Table - we cruised to the title, throwing away points by rotating the squad.

Community Shield - we made the most of our chances, they didn't.

Capital One Cup - we had the final wrapped up after 20 minutes.

FA Cup - another comfortable cup final win.

UEFA Champions League - we came so close to losing in the final, needing a 91st minute equaliser to take it to extra time.

Squad - 10/24 are youth products now.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - not far behind Jan.

Fábio Duarte - the solid midfielder.

Zulu - the only youth product signed. He's yet another AMC but I'm retaining him as a winger.

Career Overview

2071/72   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the tycoon owner gone, my hopes of a new stadium are fading. All I can hope for now is a decent crop of youth players to replace my older players.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2022/2023

Championship

Summary

League

Board Expectation: mid-table

Media Expectation: 13th

This was a genuine surprise! we started the season with two defeats, including one away at league two York City, and I braced myself for a hard season. We then won the next 7 on the trot, building up a sizeable lead. We never looked like relinquishing it either and whenever we did hit a sticky patch, losing 2 in a row or not winning in 4 say, we'd then win the next 6 or 7 in a row. We were playing exciting football as well and more often than not dominated our opponents. It was great!

Cup Competitions

Out to lower opposition in the first round of the league cup. Lost away at Spurs again in the FA Cup 5th round. One day we'll beat them.

Transfers

I had a budget! We spent money on players for the first time ever, with two youngsters brought in from PSV and Barcelona with varying degrees of success. Camille Rousseau was languishing in PSG's reserves and available for 1.1m and was an absolute steal. He was awesome. Josep Montávez was available at 1.4m from Barcelona and looked idea to challenge for the striker spot. After 1 goal in 8 games later he was shipped off on loan for the rest of the season. Porto released three great prospects that I promptly snapped up, all 3 becoming important parts of the team.

Finances

Another stadium expansion sees us sharing non-league Bolton's stadium for another year. Finances are looking a lot better now we've been promoted, with a projected balance of £50m now.

Notable Players

Danny Dougall - Lost his place as first choice striker but still managed 15 goals in 23 starts. Signed for 1.6m on a permanent contract at the end of the season, after three seasons on load. Hopefully be able to manage the step up to top tier football.

Charlie Leonard - Another awesome season. Now has Arsenal and Everton sniffing around but they'll have to match his 36m release fee. 15 goals and 19 assists from 40 starts.

Pedro Mendonça - Released by Porto, I signed him as he gave me some real pace on the wing for the first time. He scored more than provided, with 15 goals in 33 games.

Borja Herrera - Established himself as first choice centre mid. Should handle the premiership Ok.

Álvaro Mendonça - Another Porto reject, played as back up to Rousseau and his namesake as can play on either wing. He'll be pushing for a first choice berth next season.

Next Season

Staying up. Now we got to the premiership the most important thing is staying there. We have a young squad so some experience wouldn't go amiss. Our defence is nowhere near good enough at present so our priority is to strengthen there in the summer.

Career Overview

2022/23   Championship                   1st           Champions!

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2023/2024

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: avoid relegation, then mid-table

Media Expectation: 19th

Finish: 13th

We survived! We started really well and found ourselves 6th at christmas, prompting me to change the board expectations. We then turned into newcastle and only won 5 games in the rest of the season. Overall though, as a first season in the premiership it has to go down as a success

Cup Competitions

League Cup quarter finalists! We outplayed Arsenal and were unlucky to go out on penalties. We only made the 4th round of the FA Cup and put in our worst deisplay of the season away at championship watford. As a Luton fan, that really hurt.

Transfers

We managed to get a whole new defence in, who performed with mixed success over the course of the season.

Finances

We smashed our attendance record again thanks to sharing Bolton's ground. The extra income and prize money has left us with a bank balance of 46m. We have to improve the infrastructure of the club though as everything is way below the standard it should be for a premiership club.

Notable Players

Alen Halilovic - He was released by Manchester United and I couldn't quite believe it that he was interested in coming to FC United. He was a gamble simply because of his wages, 10% of the budget, but it paid off with a string of awesome performances. What a left foot!

Charlie Leonard - He moved up front to accommodate our new star signing and he responded fantastically. 19 goals in his first season in the premiership is a pretty good return

Pedro Mendonça - Made an explosive start to his first premiership season, scoring what seemed like a goal a game. Ended with 15 goals in 40 games from the wing

Jherson Vergara - The quality centre back we needed, signed on a free from Milan

Álvaro Mendonça - Another great season for the lad. Consistent performances on the wing.

Next Season

We got to push on and try to get into Europe, the top ten at least

Career Overview

2023/24   Premiership                    12th

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2073/74

We are still in transition as I slowly sell off the older players in favour of youth products.

League Table - we threw away points as I fielded the youngsters, but the title was never in doubt.

Community Shield - this was a pretty even match.

UEFA Super Cup - we made the best of our chances to win this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - a lot closer than usual.

Capital One Cup - we somehow threw away a two goal lead against ten men.

FA Cup - we came from behind to lift the cup.

UEFA Champions League - a couple of slip ups but we turned on the style in the final.

Squad - 12/24 are products of our youth system.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - still quality, but getting on a bit.

Evani Talea - most valuable player.

Kingsley Mohammed - new youth product, will replace our backup keeper.

Víctor Slaughter - another new youth product, with a fantastic name.

Career Overview

2072/73   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

There's still some hope for a new stadium, but I'm more interested in getting closer to fielding a team entirely made of youth products.

Stamford - Vanarama Conference North - 2016/17

Barely survived on the last day of the season but at least most of the team is now in place.

League Table - The usual thing happened of getting off to a good start only for my tactics to become "broken" and start conceding several goals a game and go on a losing streak.

FA Trophy - Knocked out straight away but was playing my reserves in order to prioritise the league

FA Cup - Reached the 3rd qualifying round.

Transfers - High turnover of players again...

Key Player Profiles:

Luke Beesley - Like first time round top scorer

Corey Gregory - One of the few highlights in the team again this season

Danny Rowe - our most valuable player again

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North    19th       

Next Season

Trying out new formations so just going to see what happens and attempt to avoid the mid season slide!

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2024/2025

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: mid-table

Media Expectation: 13th

Finish: 5th

A frustrating season. Despite losing our first two games of the season we found ourselves top at the end of October. We just couldn't get any consistency together after then though and ended up needing a run of 5 wins in our last 6 to sneak into Europe, ending up 1 point of a Champions League place.

Cup Competitions

Again we disappointed, especially in the FA Cup where we lost at home to QPR only 2 weeks after beating them 5-1. Another symptom of the inconsistency that plagues us.

Transfers

I needed some quality and found the best place to offer value for money was Argentina, specifically Boca where I snapped up two of their quality players at reasonable prices.

Finances

Anotther ground expansion, another season ground sharing, this time at the Etihad. A new attendance record of 55 000 as well and a nice big profit at the end of the season. It's nearly all being ploughed into improving the infrastructure of the club. Apparently we are now the 19th richest club in the world, just ahead of Dortmund. Which is nice.

Notable Players

Alen Halilovic - Despite playing the best football of his career he's struggling to get into the Croatia squad. I don't really get it.

Charlie Leonard - Established himself in the England team but found himself slipping down the ranks at club level. Ended up the season out of the first team and will need some big performances to get back in

Lior Cahlon - The players playyer of the year, snapped up from PSG for a measly 2.7m, will take at least 10 times that to get him now. Hugely versatile player.

Darío Palermo - One of the quality layers we got from Boca, was ever present in midfield, getting 9 goals and 7 assists. He is our penalty taker so 9 goals isn't quite as impressive as it could be.

Raúl Andrada - Our other signing from Boca, can play either centre back or centre midfield. Played mainly in defence for us.

Next Season

I don't think our top players will want to hang around unless we get Champions League football so that's got to be the main aim.

Career Overview

2024/25   Premiership                    5th

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2025/2026

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Qualify for Euro Cup

Finish: 3rd

We'd made some squad improvements, had a great pre-season, and started the season full of confidence. By the end of October we were 16th and there were the beginnings of squad unrest with a number of players becoming unhappy with me. We then went on a mad run until April where we only lost 4 matches in all competition. This put us in the champions league positions and I was hopeful we'd be able to cement a spot. Obviously our form turned to toilet, particularly where it mattered most with the last three games of the season returning three straight defeats. Luckily, everybody around us was just as toilet and we managed to hold on to third with only 63 points, which would have seen us finishing 9th last season. So a good achievement in making the Champions League but it feels a little hollow given the manner we achieved it (being less crap than the other teams, rather than being any good). Our season was summed up by us losing at home to 19th placed Bournemouth only for us to go to eventual champions Man City the week after and win 3-0.

Cup Competitions

About time, we won something! the UEFA Cup! or Euro Cup or whatever it's called now. It was a godsend at the start of the season as our early successes kept squad morale up while we struggled in the league but it cost us in the last two months as injuries ravaged our squad and we had to play 2/3 games a week. It was satisfying stuffing Chelsea in the Final though, particularly as they were favourites and had knocked us out of the FA Cup at the Quarter Finals.

Transfers

We only really needed a quality left winger to boost the team and Frankfurt were kind enough to let us have their awesome one for peanuts. Yay!

Finances

looking good with 50m in the bank but we've still got a lot of catching up to do with the quality of our infrastructure.

Notable Players

Alen Halilovic - Suffered a couple of injuries that kept him out of the team. His replacements performed really well so he might struggle for a first choice role next season

Charlie Leonard - Started the season awfully, with no goals in his first 8 matches. He was dropped as a result but made up for it after his recall. Finished as our strongest attacking option

Lior Cahlon - Player of the Year! Cemented his position as our best and most important player. Scored a ridiculous 30 goals from 47 starts on the right wing. All the big clubs are sniffing around but he's just signed a big juicy contract.

Dieter Kupka - Frankfurt let him go for 12.5m. An absolute bargain.

Raúl Andrada - Instigated the dressing room unrest when results weren't going our way. I forgave him though as he's awesome

Raúl Andrada - Signed on his 18th birthday. Never seen such scary attributes on a 17 year old before. I had to have him and Racing let me for only £5m. Played 51 games in his first season as well.

Next Season

Have we got the consistency to challenge for the title?

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North      1st       Champions!
2018/19   Vanarama Conference            1st       Champions! 
2019/20   League Two                     1st       Champions!  
2021/22   League One                     2nd       Promotion
2022/23   Championship                   1st       Champions!
2025/26   Premiership                    3rd       Euro Cup Winners!

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2074/75

We are getting closer to the all-youth squad, but it is taking a while to get enough decent players through the ranks.

League Table - no problem winning the title, despite fielding the youth a number of times.

Community Shield - pretty one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was fairly even.

FIFA Club World Cup - not quite the usual demolition.

Capital One Cup - we were lucky to get as far as we did.

FA Cup - we lost out to Championship Brentford.

UEFA Champions League - the kids got hammered in the group stage, but we got our revenge in the final.

Squad - 14/24 are products of our youth system.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - a bad injury ruined his season.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - despite his age he excelled in the main striker role.

Evani Talea - most valuable player, by some distance.

Carl Kempton - the best youth product, just a shame he plays in a position we have covered.

Richard Finnie - the other youth product, means we could start next season with a 16 year old goalie.

Career Overview

2073/74   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

There is still some hope of getting a new stadium, but if it doesn't happen soon it may never happen.

Stamford - Vanarama Conference North - 2017/18

Did better this season in finishing higher up the league and having a more stable squad now. Had quite a few different job offers from the same league during the season and my chairman has been in takeover talks three times in the season. I wished he took the first one as it was the ex-Bolton chairman so he might have brought in more money!

League Table - Had a good start to the season as usual and was floating in the playoffs for a lot of the time. Then the last 10 games of the season the players decided to go on holiday early and we dropped down to the mid table.

FA Trophy - Disappointed to go out to a team in a lower divison

FA Cup - Drawn against Tamworth who we can't seem to beat whatever formation we play

Transfers - Less turnaround in squad this time round

Key Player Profiles:

Luke Beesley - Like usual top scorer although not as good this season

Corey Gregory - Most consistent player, if only the rest of them were like that

Danny Rowe - our most valuable player again although didn't do as well this season

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North    19th       
2017/18   Vanarama Conference North    10th       

Next Season

Next seasons aim is the play-offs at the minimum

St Neots Town FC

2015/16

StNeotsTownFCLogo.jpg

Conference North - 6th

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Overview

A solid start with a 6th place finish. If it wasn't for ropey form in November and December we might have made the play-offs. We went through a ludicrous number of players over the course of the season but by the end of the season we had a good core of a team who might be in with a shout of promotion next season.

As I usually do, I will eventually aim for an all UK team focusing on developing young players. Usually until I hit at least the Championship I will take what I can get though. I'm in for a long term game. I won't be buying FM2016 until March when the final patch is released. I say this every year but this time I'm planning to stick to it.

The Team

GK Rene Gilmartin -

WB Illas Polimos -

CB Semi Ajayi -

CB Matthew Young -

WM Bradley Garmiston -

DM Gary Deegan -

CM Connor Shaughnessy -

AP Jack Blake -

CM Kyle De Silva -

AF Derrick Otim -

DLF Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro -

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	6th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	1stRnd	None

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2075/76

The news I had been waiting a long time for finally came at the end of last season, we were finally going to be moving into the huge 112555 capacity Dafuge Arena.

League Table - we won it easily, despite playing the kids in a number of matches.

Community Shield - pretty one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - the scoreline flattered them.

FIFA Club World Cup - what a match!

Capital One Cup - a straight set of wins.

FA Cup - and another one.

UEFA Champions League - we blew it, making a mess of the final.

Squad - 15/24 are products of our youth system.

Finances - we could be in a bit of trouble over the next two years before the stadium opens.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer again in a return to form.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - another great season for the ageing striker.

Stuart Timms - probably our best youth product.

Evani Talea - most valuable player, still.

Raheim Weekes - new youth product, he's not a DM but I'm getting desperate.

Career Overview

2074/75   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

The next challenge is getting the transformation in the squad complete. The new stadium opens in two years, ideally I'd like to do it by then but that might mean I've got to sign quite a few sub standard youth products.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2026/2027

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Challenge for the title

A devastating finish to an otherwise good season. We started fantastically and led from the start, at one stage opening up an 11 point lead at the top. We then lost 5 of the last 7 matches, including the final game of the season, a winner takes all match at Old Trafford. It's becoming a worryingly familiar theme as we enter the end of the season and I need to find a way to sort it out as it's now stopping us winning titles.

Cup Competitions

A successful first Champions League campaign, including a nice 4-0 win over Inter Milan. We got through to the quarter finals and were drawn against Manchester United. We lost the 1st leg 2-1, battered them in the second leg but just couldn't find a way through, going out to a 0-0 draw. It was especially annoying sa we went out in the FA Cup 3rd round on penalties to Man U as well, and they pipped us to the title. Dammit. League Cup was again a shocking embarrassment as we crashed out 3-0 at Hull City.

Transfers

A mixture of youth and experience with limited success. Signed our first proper wonderkid for a bargain 13m which was nice.

Finances

A 10m loss for the season but we have Champions League football again.

Notable Players

Alen Halilovic - Maybe the last season at the club as performances dropped and he became a back up player

Charlie Leonard - An injury ravaged season. We really missed him in that painful late season run-in.

Lior Cahlon - Players' Player of the Year! Not quite as good as last season but still easily our most important player. Only 17 goals this season but a few more assists.

Bacari Seide - Hugely experienced centre back and right back, Man Utd only wanted 8.5m for him which turned out to be a bargain.

Sam Dewitte - Wonderkid signed from Brugge in January. Huge things are expected of him next season

Marcelo Aguirre - Awesome. Only 19 but unbelievable attributes. Sadly he wants to leave us for Barcelona. Not sure I can hold on to him much longer.

Next Season

We've got to push on and finally beat United.

Career Overview

2026/27   Premiership                    2nd

St Neots Town FC

2016/17

StNeotsTownFCLogo.jpg

Conference North - 1st

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - Winner

Overview

Promotion at the second time of asking and victory at Wembley in the FA trophy. A six point lead at the top of the table made the championship race look closer than it ever felt. We were top of the table by a clear margin for most of the season.

We have a good core of a team and might well be good enough for a crack at promotion next season. We probably need a new keeper, a midfielder and a striker but if I can get these the squad is solid.

The Team

GK Rene Gilmartin -

WB Neal Eardley -

CB Semi Ajayi -

CB Daniel O'Shaughnessy -

WM Bradley Garmiston -

DM Jordan Wynter -

CM Mark Randall -

AP Jack Blake -

CM George Melis -

AF Padraig Amond -

DLF Graham Burke -

15/16	Van N	6th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	1stRnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	4thQual	None	None	Winner	FA Trophy Winner

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2026/2027

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Challenge for the title

Media Expectation: 4th

We finally did it! And it was quite easy in the end, we led from December and never looked like slipping up. Even sweeter, we went top after going to Old Trafford and winning 5-2. We completed the double a few months later with a thumping 4-0 home win.

Cup Competitions

Not so good. For the second season running we went out of the Champions League in the quarter final to Man United. This time they did us 3-1 at Old Trafford and although we dominated the return leg we just couldn't find a way through. It's scant consolation that we won the League Cup beating them 5-1 as we didn't do it when it really mattered. We were the underachievers in the FA Cup as we lost in the 3rd round away at Championship Middlesbro in one of those games you can't quite work out how you lost.

Transfers

I was determined not to slip up in the league so £107m was invested in new players, 4 for over 20m

Finances

More infrasctructure improvements and a massive loan means we're not quite as secure as we were. We should be ok though as we've got a projected profit of 20, mainly thanks to more CL football.

Notable Players

João Paulo - A bargain at 25.5m for a first choice Brazilian international at 25

Charlie Leonard - Possibly his best season yet. 26 goals in 40 starts, often from midfield

Lior Cahlon - Footballer of the Year, at 27 he's in his prime. Still our most important player

Vinícius - I'd been tracking him for a few seasons but he was so injury prone I never before took the risk. For 22.5m though I relented and am glad I did. Still injury prone but managed 35 games in his first season, which I'm happy with

Sam Dewitte - Still not a first choice but still managed 23 goals from 29 starts

Peter Bennett - I bought him a couple of seasons ago for 17m and had him down as an expensive mistake until this season, where he really came into his own. 16 goals and 21 assists from left wing in 45 games.

Next Season

Champions League and FA Cup to go. We've a young, settled team, there's no excuses!

Career Overview

2027/28   Premiership                    1st       League Cup Winners! Champions!

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2076/77

The transition to the squad full of youth products is well under way as we went into our penultimate season in Dafuge Stadium.

League Table - we had a terrible run at the end of the season, mostly due to the youth players being given a chance to play.

Community Shield - a fairly comfortable win.

Capital One Cup - we were so close to getting knocked out by Plymouth, but went on to lift the cup.

FA Cup - we had a shocker at Chesterfield.

UEFA Champions League - our poor away form eventually cost us in the latter stages.

Squad - I signed quite a few youth players this year to provide backup, but 17/25 of the first team are youth products.

Finances - not quite the disaster I was fearing.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer as usual.

Juan Pablo Vázquez - decent as always, but time for him to move on.

Stuart Timms - a brilliant creative forward.

Evani Talea - most valuable player.

Iain Maybanks - he may need to be the main striker one day.

Career Overview

2075/76   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners

Next Season

We have one more season before the new stadium opens, my aim is to have a squad of just youth products in time for the opening.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2028/2029

Premiership

Summary

League

Board Expectation: Win the League

Media Expectation: 2nd

Finish: 6th

Well this was unexpected. We won the league alst season at a canter and were made joint favourites for this season. We started with a win away at Old Trafford but it just went downhill from there as we lost 3 of the next 4. We struggled with form, morale and injurites until christmas when we managed to put together a 20 game unbeaten run in the league. Sadly, we drew as many as we won and then lost the last 2 games of the season to finish a frankly appalling 6th. It was the poorest defence of a league title since Chelsea.

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup neatly summed our season up. We were drawn against Man U in the 3rd round for the 2nd season running only this season we battered them 4-1. The fourth round saw us go to Anfield and win 3-1. The fifth round saw us away at Watford, where we played abysmally and lost 1-0.

The Champions League saw us breeze through our group with maximum points only to draw Barcelona in the 1st qualifying round. We lost the first leg 3-1 at Camp Nou meaning we had to beat them at Broadfield to go through. In the best performance I'd ever seen from this team we won 5-1, completely blowing them away. The quarter final saw us lose narrowly to Manchester CIty. They did us 3-2 at the Etihad and the second leg was 0-0 until the 75th minute when we scored. They immediately pegged us back and went through in a game we should have won.

Transfers

I was happy with my first tam squad but not with my youth squad. I had excellent youth facilities and appalling youths so the majority of our 60m budget went on good youth players. If any turn good it'll be a surprise to be honest.

Finances

We're the second richest club in the world apparently. Not sure that'll stay the same after a season without champions league football. We've still only got a 20k stadium so i'm not sure how it's worked out we're so rich. ho hum.

Notable Players

Charlie Leonard - He did ok but 16 goals in 36 games is a poor return by his standards

Lior Cahlon - Won the Golden Ball as the best player in the world, which was ironically during the worst season he's ever had with us. Made the astute observation we were under-performing towards the end of the season and then sulked. only 19 goals in total which is very poor for someone capable of hitting over 30

Sam Dewitte - an injury hit season saw him only start 27 starts. Scored 20 goals but still hasn't won my total confidence yet. Likely to move on in the summer.

Peter Bennett - One of the only players to have an injury free season and be consistently good.

Bacari Seide awesome defender. Now 31 I'm going to struggle to replace him.

Next Season

First priority is to get back in the Champions League

Career Overview

2027/28   Premiership                    1st       League Cup Winners! Champions!
2028/20   Premiership                    6th       Community Shield Winners!

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2029/2030

Premiership

Summary

League

Media Expectation: 2nd

A much better season. After a fairly uninspiring start we were playing catch up for most of the season but with 4 games left to play we found ourselves 3 points clear of Arsenal. We lost our nextgame away at Man City but we were still ahead on goal difference. The next match saw us take on Arsenal at home in a probable title decider, which we obviously bottled and lost. Arsenal then got the wobbles and drew their next game whilst we won 3-0 at Everton. Going into the last game we knew we just had to better Arsenal's result to be champions. We were cruissing to a comfortable victory while Arsenal struggled at Stoke. 0-0 after 89 minutes and it was looking like we could snatch an unlikely title win but then Stoke scored an own goal to give Arsenal the title in the last minute. I would be more gutted but to be fair we were pretty poor for huge chunks of the season and didn't really deserve it

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup is becoming a bit of a nightmare. Sfter drawing Man U in the 3rd round for the last two seasons we were hoping for a kinder draw. We got Arsenal away. We drew at the Emirates and then beat themn at home to get to the 4th round where we were drawn against Chelsea. Away. After winning there we had another away draw, this time against Stoke, perrenial top ten finishers in the premiership and a strong side, who we narrowly beat. The quarters saw us play Liverpool, at home this timne, and a win took us to the semi finals. We got West Ham, on paper by far the easiest game we'd had thus far. So obviously, we bottled it, played crap and lost only to see them go on and beat championship Peterborough in the final. he est chance we've had to win it and we blew it

WE got biggerst underachievers in the UEFA cup as we went out in the group stage. I have no idea how. We battered every other team but somehow managed to lose 2 and draw 2. The 2 we won were 5-1 and 6-1, away, so how we didn't win the others i don't know. Sometimes when you've had 40 shots and they've had 4 and it finishes 2-2, then 0-1, then 0-1 again ,you've just got to hold your hands up. It's not going to be our year.

We won the league cup but who cares, really? We beat Forest 6-2 but it was nothing more than just a nice day out

Transfers

I went back to strengthening the first team squad where it needed strengthening. Seems a fairly sound strategy.

Finances

We took a little hit after losing champions league football but our debts are now paid off, which is nice. Not quite as big a transfer budget as the last few seasons but it's still not bad.

Notable Players

Charlie Leonard - Pretty much a back up player these days but never let me down when called upon. 13 goals and 11 assists in 33 games, only 17 of those coming in the league.

Lior Cahlon - Came second in the balon d'ore this year, which isn't too shabby. Back to his best as well with 29 goals from attacking midfield. He turns 30 next season and I'm going to have to think about replacing him, which makes me cry a little inside.

James Valcourt - I sold Dewitte and blew all my transfer budget on his replacement, He couldn't get a regular spot in Real Madrid's team so was available, albeit for a hefty fee. Turned out to be one of the best moves I ever made as he hit 55 goals in 49 games. Still only 27 as well.

Peter Bennett - Seeing him burn down the wing and whipping in crosses for Valcourt to gobble up made me a little tingly.

Next Season

Champions League! and the FA Cup is starting to annoy me now. I want that too!

Career Overview

2027/28   Premiership                   [b] 1st [/b]      League Cup Winners! Champions!
2028/29   Premiership                    6th       Community Shield Winners!
2029/30   Premiership                    2ns       League Cup Winners!

Hi Guys,

I am restarting my save in preparation for the new FM and to get me back in the mood! I am trying to get a logo pack for the clubs in this challenge. Got all up to and inc the North/South but not the clubs below.

Any ideas?

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2077/78

I made the decision that I was going to sell of the last few players and open the new stadium with a squad of just youth products, so this was going to be my last season with a string squad full of stars.

League Table - this was fairly close, but we won with two games to spare.

Community Shield - a comfortable win.

Capital One Cup - Spurs ran us close, but we went on to win the cup.

FA Cup - this wasn't as easy as we lost out at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - despite a really shaky group stage we lifted the trophy for the first time in a few years.

Squad - there are five players left who are not products of our youth system, they will be missed next season.

Finances - the finances look pretty decent.

Key Player Profiles:

Jan Sedlacek - top scorer again in his final season with us.

Davide Santoro - probably the player we will miss the most.

Stuart Timms - possibly the best supporting striker I've ever had.

Stefan Arndt - another player we will miss.

Karlton Rhodes - the new youth player might find himself in the first team next season.

Career Overview

2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new stadium is due to open next month, I plan on opening it by playing a team full of youth products for the very first time. Next season will not be an easy one, we are badly short on wingers so I'd be happy if we won anything.

St Neots Town FC

2017/18

StNeotsTownFCLogo.jpg

Conference National - 1st

FA Cup - 2nd Round

Overview

A second promotion on the bounce. This time the Championship was more comprehensive and the result was never really in doubt. I kept faith with most of the team who won the Conference North last season with only a handful of new faces. They delivered and the league was won by a clear distance.

New players will be required if we are to maintain the momentum. This is difficult however as the change to professional status has increased the wages that we need to pay out to players.

The Team

GK Rene Gilmartin -

WB Neal Eardley -

CB Semi Ajayi -

CB Daniel O'Shaughnessy -

WM Bradley Garmiston -

DM Jordan Wynter -

CM Connor Newton -

AP Jack Blake -

CM Mark Randall -

AF Alex Kiwomya -

DLF Jake Taylor -

15/16	Van Nor	6th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	1stRnd	None
16/17	Van Nor	1st	None	None	4thQual	None	None	Winner	None	FA Trophy Winner, Promoted
17/18	Van Nat	1st	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	2ndRnd	None	Promoted

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2029/2030

Premiership

Summary

League

This was more like it. We only lost 1 in the first 20 league games and looked like we were going to run away with the title. We decided to make things a little interesting by only winning 2 of the last 7 games but nobody was close enough to take advantage of our slip ups.

Cup Competitions

We did the double! It looked like the FA Cup dream was over when we were 3-2 down at half time of extra time in the semi-finals but two late, late goals saw us through. Southampton had no chance in the final and we ran out 3-0 winners.

Champions League was a struggle. We barely made it out of the group stage then lost both legs to Porto in the first knockout round. Not really good enough.

We won the league cup again but who cares, really?

Transfers

The big signing was Rodrigo, a 20 year old wonderkid who will be a long term replacement for James Valcourt. He's good enough to start already so he'll be main backup rather than going out on loan. Hopefully he'll get enough games.

Finances

£50m in the bank but more training and youth improvements are being made. Our ground still only holds 20k.

Notable Players

Charlie Leonard - Forced his way back into the first team and really impressed. Now 31 but doesn't look like slowing down. My best ever signing he'll be having a testomonial next season

Lior Cahlon - Not as influential as he used to be and is now heading into his thirties.

James Valcourt - Unbelievable in front of goal. 53 in 43 starts.

Peter Bennett - Winner of the balon d'or! Apparently it was mainly for his world cup exploits rather than with us but still.

Valère Loiseau - Another bargain I got from PSG. Bought as a backup for only 2m 4 seasons ago he only just forced his way into the first team as a regular starter. Was immense. Thanks again PSG (i've nabbed so many off them it's stupid)

Next Season

Champions League is now the priority. This team is getting old so may only have one or two more shots at it before major surgery is needed.

Career Overview

2027/28   Premiership                   [b] 1st [/b]      League Cup Winners! Champions!
2029/30   Premiership                    2nd       League Cup Winners!
2030/31   Premiership                    1st        Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!

St Neots Town FC

2019/20

StNeotsTownFCLogo.jpg

League Two - 2nd

FA Cup - 1st Round

Capital One Cup - 2nd Round

Johnstones Paint Trophy - 2nd Round

Overview

I completely forgot to do screenshots of the previous season so didn't post an update. It was pretty dismal if I'm honest. We were never in danger of relegation but were massively inconsistent.

This season we started strongly and looked like we might well walk the title. Things weren't that easy however but with three automatic promotion slots available promotion was achieved fairly comfortably. I have a decent core of young players, the star being Scottish centre-back Kevin Holt. I will need to re-inforce however if we are to push on in League One. I have a decent budget to spend and may be able to cash in on a few of my better players from this season.

The Team

GK Scott Loach - 31 year old ex-Watford keeper. Averaged a respectable 6.8 for the season.

WB Neal Ardley - Right back Eardley has been the star of the team for four season since signing in our Conference North promotion season.

CB Kevin Holt - Young Scottish centreback was a quality signing in January from Kilmarnock for £25k.

CB Jack O'Connell - A free transfer signing from Brentford, O'Connell had a reasonable season but is possibly one of the weaker players in the side.

WM Bradley Garmston - 26 year old pacy Irish leftback signed five years ago and has been a regular since, had another good season.

DM Samuel Kari Fridjonsson - Icelandic defensive midfielder picked up on a free from Reading last summer.

CM Alan Morrison - 18 year old Scott signed from Ross County for a club record £180k last summer. A potential future star.

AP James McIntrye - Pacy attacking midfielder played in the SPL with St Mirren. Only 19 and could become a decent player.

CM Bobby Reid - ex-Bristol City midfielder has been a regular for two season.

AF Connor Ross - A return of 10 goals from Ross in 31 games wasn't fantastic. Hopefully can improve for next season.

DLF Peter Young - Scottish targetman signed for £20k from Partick Thistle. Did okay but suffered from injuries.

15/16	Van Nor	6th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	1stRnd	None
16/17	Van Nor	1st	None	None	4thQual	None	None	Winner	FA Trophy Winner, Promoted
17/18	Van Nat	1st	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	2ndRnd	Promoted
18/19	Lge 2	17th	None	None	1stRnd	3rdRnd	QtrFnl	None	None	
19/20	Lge 2	2nd	None	None	1stRnd	2ndRnd	2ndRnd	None	Promoted

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester 2031/2032

Premiership

Summary

League

a closer finish this time. It was a three horse race all season with us, Liverpool and Man City. With 2 games to go Liverpool had fallen away and we were just ahead of City on goal difference. We both drew our next game meaning we just had to equal thier result in the last game. We were away at Spurs and went ahead after 50 minutes. They equalised with 10 left to play so all eyes turned to Hull to see if City could get a result there. I ke;pt waiting for either them or spurs to score an inevitable heart-breaking last minute goal but it didn't come and we won the league on goal difference.

Cup Competitions

Fairly appalling. The curse of the 3rd round draw struck us again as we drew Man City away, where we lost 2-0. The league cup was much worse. a nice draw away at league 1 Sheffield United gave me a chance to play some of the fringe players. They lost 2-0 and many won't trouble the first team again.

Champions League saw us get through a very tough group only to face Inter in the next round. We had a mini injury crisis at the time and a patched together team struggled but narrowly went out 2-1 on aggregate.

Transfers

My midfield was looking a bit threadbare so i *****ed about 50m on a Brazilian international from Atletico Madrid. He was good but not that good.

Finances

looking really healthy.

Notable Players

Charlie Leonard - Still played an integral role in the team but he's now 32. I really ought to look for a replecement

Lior Cahlon - More of a back up these days but was phenomonal when called upon. Still an important squad player.

James Valcourt - Not quite as deadly as the last two seasons but he had to share the limelight with Rodrigo

Peter Bennett - Another great season from the lad. I love how English his name is as well.

Rodrigo - He started the first game of the season (the community shield) and then immediately started demanding more first team starts. Spent a lot of the season unhappy as a result. Not sure if I can keep him happy for another season playing a bit-part role but there's only room for one striker in my formation. Spent two months injured which was a bit of a relief just as it stopped him whining for a bit.

Next Season

Champions League!!!!

Career Overview

2029/30   Premiership                    2nd       League Cup Winners!
2030/31   Premiership                    1st       Champions! FA Cup Winners! League Cup Winners!
2031/32   Premiership                    1st       Champions!

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2078/79

The 112555 capacity Dafuge Arena was officially opened, the last few key players were sold off and we went into our first season with a squad entirely made up of club youth products. We badly lacked experience and quality in a lot of positions, so this season was certainly going to be interesting.

League Table - the run has ended, but I was delighted to finish 2nd. We spent a lot of the season around 5th but made a late charge for the title. Unfortunately our from fell apart and a late slump left us hanging on to 2nd.

Community Shield - our first 'competitive' match with the all-youth squad didn't quite go to plan.

UEFA Super Cup - this gave me great hope, a win against PSG was huge.

FIFA Club World Cup - I've no idea how me managed to win this from the position we were in.

Capital One Cup - we did well to get this far, but the semi final was too much for the fringe players.

FA Cup - we just couldn't win away from home, which eventually cost us at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - we had a great group stage but struggled in the knockout stages.

Squad - there are huge gaps in the squad, like the lack of a proper striker.

Finances - the income from the new stadium has taken care of the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Stuart Timms - he was top scorer, despite playing in a supporting position.

Iain Maybanks - I'm trying to mould him into a striker du to lack of other options.

Raheim Weekes - he is going to be so important for the club.

Mitchell Reed - a great looking new youth player who might have to play on the wing.

Alan Cartwright - another new youth signing who has some potential.

Career Overview

2077/78   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup and Champions League winners
2078/79   Barclays Premier League      2nd         CWC winners

Next Season

The squad is still very young, so there's a chance things will improve as the players mature. On the other hand, we could be in serious trouble if our poor form continues from the end of this season.

I'll draw a veil over my 1st season - suffice to say rock bottom. Fortunately 3 of the promoted clubs this year have interviewed me.

So Corby here I come.

I hadn't noticed they were halfway through a takeover - our new owner is David Sullivan

Also no staff.

Hmm

P 11 W 1 L 8 F 21 A 39 not looking good. 13 of the goals conceded from mistakes.

Game 6 another 4 players stretchered off - plus a sending-off - was leading 3-2 'till the 89th minute. Apparently none of the opposition 15 fouls merited a booking whereas my 1st three yielded 2 yellows for the same person.

So following a start of 5 defeats and a draw game 7 gives me my 1st win 6-3.

Archived