Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Do you feel the AI is competing better in the transfer market generally?

FM14 was already a big step forward in team building. this year the level seems the same, although I still can't understand PSG selling Sirigu way under his market value for no reason, and then looking for a much more expensive replacement with same skills.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just came across what I think is a bug after loaning Richmond Boayke. Loaned him from Atalanta start of summer 2015 transfer window but when I try to select him he keeps getting taken out of the squad after I continue then when it comes to a match and I pick him and try submit team it says I have only picked 10 starting players.

He isn't unavailable or anything either so only thing I can think of is a bug.

Pretty much has to be unless there's some rl situation programmed in that makes him unusable at that time.

A bug report would be wise.

Well I guess it's not the game for me then & time to move on from both the game and these forums. I don't enjoy the game anymore, no doubt it's my tactics and/ or I'm just an idiot as the two geniuses/ experts quoted love to ridicule those of a similar opinion to mine so often. So no doubt I'm wrong(idiot) and they're right(experts) as they do so love to suggest post after sanctimonious post. I'm just stupid to expect the ME to represent my Team Instructions and/or Player Instructions, for Set-piece instructions to be followed for opponents AI to simulate the real life tactics rather than negate my in-game tactics. Every team I've played has a much higher defensive line with high pressing which translates to 20 players in a narrow 25 yard strip of the pitch. Every game is a battle of 1000 passes usually split 450-550 & a 100 tackles usually split 60-40. No doubt the experts would tell me I'm being an idiot and 'it's your Tactics', that I should change my tactics to counter the AI. So Celta AI plays like Barcelona & I'll counter that by having Barcelona play like real-life Celta. So as that idiot who stupidly expects the game to simulate real life in such things as passing accuracy, passes per game, tackles per game, turnovers etc.. Etc.. It's finally time to admit this game & these Forums aren't for the likes of me and it's time for this idiot to move on!

LOL - There are some issues and they are well document and also accepted by SI

I think we do expect a lot of FM and this why criticism can be high and harsh at times. Personally, with the pass / crossing and GK plus some other little tweaks with running, tackling/falling over I believe this can be the best FM for a very long time

In terms of your %, what are you using in real life to base your criticism on? In terms of possession looking at todays premier matches:

Sunderland v Everton: 42 v 58% possession

Spurs v Stoke: 60 v 40% possession

West Brom v Newcastle: 58 v 42% possession

and currenyly Swansea v Arsenal: 53:47% possession and after 51 minutes there has been a total of 10 corners (5 each)

Not sure what your point is here?

Now that I have been released from hospital, I have had a chance to sit down and play FM2015. I must say I am very disappointed in it. I just cannot get into it. I do not like the new UI at all and there appears to be a lack of "balance". ie, ridiculous sackings etc.

Not sure I can stick with it.

This has always worked quite well. Team talks in general have. :thup:

You can still only give the "don't be complacent" talk when you are only 1 up, though.

Can I say again that the team talks still don't make any sense because it's still impossible to criticise the team performance and praise a couple of individual players at the same time. The one player who played well always, invariably gets upset if you use a critical (or even neutral) team appraisal and doesn't respond to individual praise. The best outcome is changing from "angry and confused" to "confused"; it's like everyone is Wayne Rooney on a sulk day. What also doesn't make sense is that this used to work well in previous FMs, where you can set individual talks at the same time.

At the moment, the "we got away with this performance" talk is 90% useless, because you'd always upset the one player who scored a couple and got an 8.

Overall a massive improvement over fm14 in my opinion..even loving the tactic screen having adjusted..far better for minor squad rotation and since right click selection was added it is almost perfect for me :) that being said i am also noticing some issues..obviously the crosses etc but the main one that spoils the experience for me is the poor first touch players seem to have from normal short passes..poor reaction times with the defence and goalkeepers and pace not seeming to matter at all..ryan shawcross beating aguero to a loose ball after aguero has a head start being a perfect example. All in all though i expect these issues will be ironed out and i am enjoying the game despite these minor niggles.

Overall a massive improvement over fm14 in my opinion..even loving the tactic screen having adjusted..far better for minor squad rotation and since right click selection was added it is almost perfect for me :) that being said i am also noticing some issues..obviously the crosses etc but the main one that spoils the experience for me is the poor first touch players seem to have from normal short passes..poor reaction times with the defence and goalkeepers and pace not seeming to matter at all..ryan shawcross beating aguero to a loose ball after aguero has a head start being a perfect example. All in all though i expect these issues will be ironed out and i am enjoying the game despite these minor niggles.

A defender can trap a ball from 40 yeards but give him a pass from 7 yards it bounces off him like a rubber ball

It really is, I've been playing it for 20 years, but my patience is growing thin with paying £25 each year for a data update with some new bugs slapped on top and ones that were previously fixed re-introduced. I vowed to NEVER buy this game before January ever again and I'm most annoyed that I fell for it again.

You'll buy it next year too. I know because I feel the same as you!

Im sorry, but after uploading numerous pkms and giving SI time to fix this, i am officially done with FM15. 2 clubs of similar stature and i win 6-2. Most goals from crosses. This game is so so easy its not fun one bit. Way too many injuries, yes you can say its my own fault like ye say to everyone but its not. FM15 has gone so backwards. So yeh im done playing. Enjoy my money.

Has this thread got jumbled up with a Kevin The Teenager Impersonators thread?

Seriously - constructive feedback is welcome and is thankfully sprouting up here and there, but there's a load of absolute gibberish being spouted casting aspersions as to the integrity and working practises of the game developers which just is not called for. Please try to act like civil human beings.

fair play the selection info "view" on the tactics page is horrendous

why change the whole user interface? it was fine as was.

That's not constructive, is it? WHY didn't you like it? What can be improved? What do you like?

Has this thread got jumbled up with a Kevin The Teenager Impersonators thread?

Seriously - constructive feedback is welcome and is thankfully sprouting up here and there, but there's a load of absolute gibberish being spouted casting aspersions as to the integrity and working practises of the game developers which just is not called for. Please try to act like civil human beings.

As i clearly stated, i have done my bit. I have submitted numerous pkms to them and nothing has changed. If you can honestly say the game is enjoyable you are deluded. And as a paying customer i am entitled to say what i want about it

Im sorry, but after uploading numerous pkms and giving SI time to fix this, i am officially done with FM15.

Thanks for "giving SI time to fix this" :rolleyes:

Your efforts in the Bugs Forum are appreciated, but you can't possibly know how long it takes to fix things, so please don't dilute sterling efforts in one section of the forum with a flappy armed over reaction in another.

As i clearly stated, i have done my bit. I have submitted numerous pkms to them and nothing has changed.

Do you think you could give them more than 6 days to fix the issues, please? You are right, you've done your bit. Now be patient while SI do theirs.

I still don't understand if the in game team talks even work at all. I keep raising the subject because nobody seem to know and I hope to get an answer here.

So far they seem to do nothing (even if I am a tactical manager with 20 motivating), and some of them are too vague in the description to understand what they really do (like tighten up, does it decrease the team width? what about push forward, does it increase the runs from deep?). I also wonder if the effects are only temporary, and if the ball needs to go out before the effects are applied.

Who will be the SI intelligent designer who remembered to put this dark and aberrant skin and did not provide an alternative.

More time to spend on forums or on google looking for valid alternatives instead of being playing.

Last year and the year before, people complained about the white skin and requested a dark skin :) Figure that one out!

Am I the only one thinking the new UI actually is an improvement? Took some time adjusting to it, of course, but now I love it.

The issues, major (e.g. goals from crosses, poor defending, very poor GK reactions) and minor (taking ages to save a game), already have been addressed extensively in this thread, so I'll leave it at that and hope the people at SI will do a great job at putting together a fantastic and comprehensive patch, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Do you think you could give them more than 6 days to fix the issues, please? You are right, you've done your bit. Now be patient while SI do theirs.

6 days? Its been out nearly 3 weeks. There have been updates in Beta so you cant use that one. When i pay for something, i expect to be able to use and enjoy it, and its simple not acceptable in its current state.

but ok keep on making excuses.

I still don't understand if the in game team talks even work at all. I keep raising the subject because nobody seem to know and I hope to get an answer here.

So far they seem to do nothing (even if I am a tactical manager with 20 motivating), and some of them are too vague in the description to understand what they really do (like tighten up, does it decrease the team width? what about push forward, does it increase the runs from deep?). I also wonder if the effects are only temporary, and if the ball needs to go out before the effects are applied.

It stays in effect for 10 minutes, IIRC.

6 days? Its been out nearly 3 weeks. There have been updates in Beta so you cant use that one. When i pay for something, i expect to be able to use and enjoy it, and its simple not acceptable in its current state.

but ok keep on making excuses.

You provided your PKMs (which you were moaning about) 6 days ago.

Who will be the SI intelligent designer who remembered to put this dark and aberrant skin and did not provide an alternative.

More time to spend on forums or on google looking for valid alternatives instead of being playing.

Fortunately, if you go to the Skinning Forum, you'll be able to find alternative skins without needing to spend much time looking for one.

Do you guys ever have a feeling you're going to lose a game by just seing your next opponent? I'm playing with Hull (trying some new tactics) and suprisingly it was going great, I was undefeated for 12 straight games and then I checked my schedule and see my next opponent is Chelsea. I just knew I'm going to lose no matter what. And what happens, i go into the game 1:0, and they come storming like their lives depend on it, and ofc Hazard scores an impossible goal from like 40m (because he's hazard you know), OK, I'm good with a draw, I pull everyone back, counter tactic, spent 10 minutes setting everything up, press space to continue the game Remy scores as soon as I unpaused. I put overload, put my original formation 4-5-1 I equalize, and at that same moment i change to that defensive formation,they're attacking can't do anything until that annoying fricking Hazard dribbles past 4 of my players and scores a goal in 92nd minute.

1.jpg

Wasn't even that pissed I knew I'm gonna lose, I HAD TO LOSE, next game City, players going to inernational duties, first message Brady out (3 months), Hernandez out (4 weeks) , Livermore out (10 days), but at least it's not my TRAINING...

That's not constructive, is it? WHY didn't you like it? What can be improved? What do you like?

My opinion is that the tactics page is now too cluttered, it feels confused. You almost don't know where to look.

In FM14, on the pitch, you had the position of the player, plus the role, his fitness etc. This helpful info isn't on the FM15 version.

In FM15 you have to scroll down to see your whole starting 11 plus subs, in FM14 this was all viewable on the screen, with no need to scroll.

21bols7.png

2nm7ty.png

The information thats displayed on the pitch in the FM14 screenshot is the information I want to see on the FM15 screenshot.

EDIT: In regards to the skin conversation, I like the design of the dark skin, but its causing me problems with my eyes, which is why I'd like a light skin option.

LOL - There are some issues and they are well document and also accepted by SI

I think we do expect a lot of FM and this why criticism can be high and harsh at times. Personally, with the pass / crossing and GK plus some other little tweaks with running, tackling/falling over I believe this can be the best FM for a very long time

In terms of your %, what are you using in real life to base your criticism on? In terms of possession looking at todays premier matches:

Sunderland v Everton: 42 v 58% possession

Spurs v Stoke: 60 v 40% possession

West Brom v Newcastle: 58 v 42% possession

and currenyly Swansea v Arsenal: 53:47% possession and after 51 minutes there has been a total of 10 corners (5 each)

Not sure what your point is here?

My point was quite clear in that I'm not enjoying the game or the abuse on these forums of people who are, at least attempting to, supply feedback. Whether that feedback is always constructive or accurate, it's always from individuals who not only have purchased the game but taken the time to post their feedback on these forums. I just happen to think that should be at best respected, at worse acknowledged but never ridiculed.

I thought I had clearly stated in the post, and previous posts, my feedback. That I hoped the game would not only simulate but almost emulate real life in regards statistics such as average team passes, tackles, possesion, turnovers and player statistics such as pass completion, dribbles and tackles per game. I thought I had quite clearly stated I was playing as Barcelona and that every game felt the same. Opponent AI always plays a high defensive, high pressing, possesion & shorter passing Tactic against me. It's a game played in a narrow strip of the park. This results in the difference between the teams in statistical terms being narrowed. In my game, Barcelona(1st) have an ave. possesion of 57% & Granada(20th) 45%. This is reflected in pass completion, total number of passes etc etc..and in the game match engine by players ignoring micro instructions and inexplicably launching the ball. In my game I have only 5 players in the top 100 player pass completion rate( Mascherano is my highest in 20th with 86%). I have my team set-up as an extreme possesion tactic. Go and check out the stats on whoscored.com.

Anyhoos, it's just my opinion/ feedback. I've now spent 100 hours watching virtually every game in full detail and I'm just finding it frustrating. Now doubt, 'it's my tactics' and this game isn't for me so moving on.

All that says to me is that it contravenes the "your personal preferences" clause, too many find it within their tolerance levels for your opinion to be allowed the status of the authoritative final word.

Non withstanding gk reactions part :)

But his post is not a personal preference or an opinion...its how the match engine is and what the match engine does...that too many find it within their tolerance levels implies if plays to their personal preference...if there were no goals from crosses or how they are scored from what you're seeing those same people who currently tolerate it due to finding it within their personal preference would begin to object. Its the lack of variety which is the issue.

In essence the match engine should be able to cater for whatever preference/style you want to see your team play...at least attempt to employ...the relative success as a result of your approach/style should should be incidental after that from the perspective of the match engine itself...that is not the match engine's fault...its yours or your tactics...however if the match engine is biased one way over another and disproportionately blocks/allows one way over another then that is the issue of the engine and far from a personal preference whatsoever...in its present guise the match engine is what it is...there's no arguing it right now...it is beyond contestation ;)

I will keep trying to use them, but not seeing if they are having any effect is frustrating.
You're only barking instructions from the sideline while players are trying to concentrate on playing, so probably as effective as real life :)

Keep an eye on it though. Report back if you're having problems.

Are there any plans to fix the transfer valuation/requested fee problem?

I am playing as Alfreton town in the conference and have just bid £7.5k for Callum Bennett from North feriby town who is valued at £6k. Thier response is to negatiate that they want £115K up front rising to £160k with clauses plus a full season loan back. (over 25 times his value)

Why are the negaotiations so rediculous compared to the stated value?

Are there any plans to fix the transfer valuation/requested fee problem?

I am playing as Alfreton town in the conference and have just bid £7.5k for Callum Bennett from North feriby town who is valued at £6k. Thier response is to negatiate that they want £115K up front rising to £160k with clauses plus a full season loan back. (over 25 times his value)

Why are the negaotiations so rediculous compared to the stated value?

A player's value isn't the same as his asking price. :)

As a measured person of reasonable intelligence, when I concede a ridiculous goal or see a problem with my team on the ME I say to myself 'ok, what tools are at my disposal to solve this problem?'. Having test played a number saves with different teams, I continue to encounter identical issue regardless of player ability or tactical system. They include:

- Every AI player in wide positions crosses the ball better than Beckham in his prime, right on to the head or boot (volley) of their striker / other winger. Outcome = Concede

- Goalkeepers consistently flap and slap at shots or crosses that either go out for a corner or land at an opposition striker's feet. Outcome = concede

- Defenders and goalkeepers suffer a delay of around 2 seconds after tackles or rebounds. Sometimes they just get up and stare at the ball motionless. Outcome = Concede

- Centre backs can have a 20 yard head start against a striker when a ball is played over the top, yet they turn and slowly jog, getting beaten to the ball by a striker. Outcome = Concede

In every save I have played so far, I have ended up scoring and conceding the most goals in the league. The problem is that all the developers had to do is play a release version of the game to realise these issues existed. What actually happened is that people paid hard earned money to essentially become testers on behalf of them. I have read 100s of posts on here, along with the moderator responses. I have to say I am disappointed. The moderators and developers need to remember that their customers invest both time and money in their product. When a player spends an hour setting up a game only to see ridiculous and comical ME flaws, no wonder they come on here and rant.

As I final comment I would say that I believe this will be fixed, yet if they have to release multiple patches it is basically an admission that the product that was released is broken. If you purchased a bike and the tyre had a flat that needed patching, wouldn't you be vexed?

It's already been raised and debated. Repeating it isnt going to add more. As i've said before it's not a case of shout louder and you might be heard.

A mod further up there poised the question regarding the tactics screen "WHY didn't you like it? What can be improved? What do you like?".

Therefore I posted my feedback on the issue. I wasn't repeating, or shouting louder.

As a measured person of reasonable intelligence, when I concede a ridiculous goal or see a problem with my team on the ME I say to myself 'ok, what tools are at my disposal to solve this problem?'. Having test played a number saves with different teams, I continue to encounter identical issue regardless of player ability or tactical system. They include:

- Every AI player in wide positions crosses the ball better than Beckham in his prime, right on to the head or boot (volley) of their striker / other winger. Outcome = Concede

- Goalkeepers consistently flap and slap at shots or crosses that either go out for a corner or land at an opposition striker's feet. Outcome = concede

- Defenders and goalkeepers suffer a delay of around 2 seconds after tackles or rebounds. Sometimes they just get up and stare at the ball motionless. Outcome = Concede

- Centre backs can have a 20 yard head start against a striker when a ball is played over the top, yet they turn and slowly jog, getting beaten to the ball by a striker. Outcome = Concede

In every save I have played so far, I have ended up scoring and conceding the most goals in the league. The problem is that all the developers had to do is play a release version of the game to realise these issues existed. What actually happened is that people paid hard earned money to essentially become testers on behalf of them. I have read 100s of posts on here, along with the moderator responses. I have to say I am disappointed. The moderators and developers need to remember that their customers invest both time and money in their product. When a player spends an hour setting up a game only to see ridiculous and comical ME flaws, no wonder they come on here and rant.

As I final comment I would say that I believe this will be fixed, yet if they have to release multiple patches it is basically an admission that the product that was released is broken. If you purchased a bike and the tyre had a flat that needed patching, wouldn't you be vexed?

Bit of a flawed conclusion/analogy.. If they released no patches would that mean its perfect? Of course not, no piece of software is. Especially when many issues were already noted, they still take time for an update. Let's please stick to feedback of the game itself rather than trying to guess how the devs work without actually knowing.

But his post is not a personal preference or an opinion...its how the match engine is and what the match engine does...that too many find it within their tolerance levels implies if plays to their personal preference...if there were no goals from crosses or how they are scored from what you're seeing those same people who currently tolerate it due to finding it within their personal preference would begin to object. Its the lack of variety which is the issue.

In essence the match engine should be able to cater for whatever preference/style you want to see your team play...at least attempt to employ...the relative success as a result of your approach/style should should be incidental after that from the perspective of the match engine itself...that is not the match engine's fault...its yours or your tactics...however if the match engine is biased one way over another and disproportionately blocks/allows one way over another then that is the issue of the engine and far from a personal preference whatsoever...in its present guise the match engine is what it is...there's no arguing it right now...it is beyond contestation ;)

Pretty accurate assessment. The balance isnt as far off as is made out, but the main premise is accurate in wideplay vs central play. Certainly made worse by certain approaches mind

Last year and the year before, people complained about the white skin and requested a dark skin :) Figure that one out!

So it would be easy to solve. put a dark skin and another light.

But that's not what they did, and why ...?

The light-colored skins alternatives do not work properly until now.

Any idea on when the patch could be released?

Holding off starting a save till all the issues with crosses, defensive errors etc are fixed

You are going to wait a long time then.

Not saying that the first patch will take that long. But I remember how it was last year, and for anything they fixed, something else became broken instead.

The choice is either accept that until march or so it's going to have its flaws, or to go back to fm14.

The first is probably only worth it to offer feedback, but once that is done, there are hardly any reasons to keep playing it for the moment.

The highlights are hardly likely to show the multitude of poor or blocked crosses though, are they? Of which in any given game, there are usually loads. For example, my team had 61 cross attempts in the last game (higher than usual due to the opposition having a defender sent off and reverting to a 3-man defence, so I exploited the flanks and stretched them). Of those 61 crosses, 5 reached their intended targets. More crossing training for my wingers methinks.

So it would be easy to solve. put a dark skin and another light.

But that's not what they did, and why ...?

The light-colored skins alternatives do not work properly until now.

They are working on a light version. There are at least two other lighter skins in the Skinning forum already, so it's not like you don't have options.

Archived