FM15: What Opposition Instructions do you use?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what opposition instructions (OIs) do you use?

Like do you always tight mark and close down wingers or wide players or AMCs? etc.

Or do you just leave it to your assistant?

I always have second thoughts about these and know they can have a big impact so please let me know.

Thanks, Quinby.

None, I never use them as they can cause your team to lose its shape or play differently to how you've instructed them to play. So I have faith in the tactic I create and don't go near OI's at all.

None, I never use them as they can cause your team to lose its shape or play differently to how you've instructed them to play. So I have faith in the tactic I create and don't go near OI's at all.

I understand why not use tight mark and close down OI ... but:

If you defend weaker foot .. how it can change your tactic ? Thanks

I understand why not use tight mark and close down OI ... but:

If you defend weaker foot .. how it can change your tactic ? Thanks

Because my players will try and put them onto his weak foot whenever they can but that might not be a good thing as it could force him inside where he is more dangerous and somewhere that I might have space, or he might link up better by being on his weaker foot as it might force him out wide for example where the fullback is supporting him and creates an overlap pass my own player etc.

In 14 I used to use hard tackling against all oppo players with low bravery, but as I can't create an opposition view in 15 I've stopped doing this as I can't be bothered to hover over each player to check his bravery stat.

Exactly my thinking I rarely use them in the odd time I do it's probably to go in hard on their star player

I don't. My team plays proactively, not reactively. I try and force my game on the opponent and trust my system to work.

If your system is built on being flexible and reactive though, then OI's can be very important, as long as you are diligent enough to choose the system to negate the flaws of your choices.

I do use them

I do think about how they will affect the shape of my team.

I close down players who can open up my defence with a good pass.

I hard tackle good dribblers of the ball.

That's about it really, normally ends up with 3-4 players being marked out.

In 14 I settled on a pressing system that pulled players behind the ball, but had them close down the opposition immediately. So in OI's I added "close down" to ALL the opposition players. Works wonders if you have a hard-working team with a "counter" mentality. Shape is for suckas. :)

Archived