How hard would it be to create and English Level 10 and so on?

Clifton14

How hard would be to create the English football pyramid past the default English league structure in the game? Would it be as simple as just knowing the league rules and the subdivision rules E.I. Specific teams promoted to specific leagues & so on. Or, is it far more complexed than that and you have to include Local region for each team in each league to ensure they'll promoted/relegated into the correct league? Create the stadiums?

It entirely depends on how much accuracy and detail you desire. For example, if you wanted to ensure that teams stay in their correct decision you would have to add correct regional boundaries for all divisions, and check every club who may play on them has a stadium and city assigned, and each city that is used has a set of coordinates for lat and long. You also would probably want to check every club has a kit assigned.

The hardest thing about these things though is getting the balance right, in terms of finances and reputation. I find that creating databases is not the hardest part of making a good edit, it is making sure that the game world is well balanced.

How hard would be to create the English football pyramid past the default English league structure in the game? Would it be as simple as just knowing the league rules and the subdivision rules E.I. Specific teams promoted to specific leagues & so on. Or, is it far more complexed than that and you have to include Local region for each team in each league to ensure they'll promoted/relegated into the correct league? Create the stadiums?
It's not difficult, but it's not easy. For my files I've put a lot of research into clubs information (location, name of stadium, postcode), I started this year's research around May-June time this year when constitutions were beginning to get announced for 2014-15. Some of the leagues have handbooks available which details club colours. I'm a non-league football fan so I've learnt a lot about the pyramid over the last few years. To get teams in the correct leagues season after season requires a lot of work, like making sure the city (or town/village) has the correct latitude/longitude set, the stadium with the correct latitude/longitudes. And then on the divisions, making sure the North/South/East/West is correct as well. Every year I make a system up with club reputations/stadium capacities/finances based on what's in the editor at the start, I make this the same for every level to make it balanced so anyone can beat anyone. I started work on my Level 11 file from November last year and was finished around March-April time this year.

Archived