How likely are new patches to influence the tactics?

Hi guys.

About 2 weeks ago I created a tactic that worked very well for me. I have now started a new save with the same team in order to implement that tactic from the beginning of the save. However, I've been abroad for a week, and when I came home, I just found out that a new patch has been released and updated (15.1.4). How likely is it that this patch, which I saw hade some changes in the match engine, is likely to affect the tactic? Any experiences from you guys?

Of course I could just try my old tactic in the new patch and see how it goes, but it would be nice to hear from somebody with experience from this, since I've already spent a couple of hours fixing and tweaking the tactic, and don't really feel like doing it again :)

Your experiences would be much appreciated!

New ME updates always influence the performance of tactics to some extent. How much depends on your tactic. Sometimes a tactic even works better after an update.

Unfortunately the only way is to test your tactic on the updated ME. With so many factors influencing results outside of tactics these days your gonna have to run a full season to get a balanced view on it, and even 1 season is subject to a lot of variance.

My advice would be to look at the stats closely after each game, you may have lost the game but if you dominated in terms of chances & quality of chances and just got unlucky it doesn't mean your tactic isn't working (and vice versa).

No shortcuts here i'm afraid ;)

Archived