Top bar and other things. How to?

duccio

Creating custom graphics should not be problem for me, but can someone tell me what panels should be edited (and maybe hint at what exactly to do) to make changes similar to the image below? I would like to make the top bar (or is it called title bar?) span the width of the whole screen, and slightly move the club logo and back/forward buttons.

skin_changes_1.png~original

You need to edit the sidebar, because the area to the far left remains part of the sidebar even if it looks like the titlebar. I'd recommend downloading Drakestone's VEXILLIUM XXCXV skin to see what he has done to the sidebar, header and titlebar panels.

I removed the back/next buttons from the header and added them to the side bar. I also removed the logo from the title bar. What next though? How can a logo be added to the space it is in the lower fake screenshot in the image below? What is the name of the bar that contains the "Players", "Squad Depth" etc. buttons?

skin_changes_2.png~original

I think you may struggle to do that because you are effectively trying to have your logo spread over two panels. If you put the logo in the sidebar you can make it bigger - like I've done very quickly here:

o3FDTaW.jpg?1

Having said that, I'm new to this so someone with a bit more knowledge may be able to assist you.

I think you may struggle to do that because you are effectively trying to have your logo spread over two panels. If you put the logo in the sidebar you can make it bigger - like I've done very quickly here:

Unless the sidebar is made wider, putting the logo there would defeat my original purpose of making it meaningfully larger. I prefer not to widen the sidebar. Thanks for your help anyway.

Or put it in the top so that its on every screen

A layer on top of everything? Would it be even on the match screen? That might be a bit annoying. :D

Unless the sidebar is made wider, putting the logo there would defeat my original purpose of making it meaningfully larger. I prefer not to widen the sidebar. Thanks for your help anyway.

A layer on top of everything? Would it be even on the match screen? That might be a bit annoying. :D

If you put it in the titlebar it wont show on the match screen as that has its own "bar"

There doesn't seem to be room for a larger logo unless the titlebar itself is enlarged?

You can change that easily enough in the header, that one above in the screenshot is set to 50 where the one below is set to 80 you could set the sidebar to match the top bar as well if wanted

chelse10.jpg

Thank you for your suggestion FMReporter - that could be one solution to my issue, but it sort of "wastes" vertical space. I wonder if there is a way to bump the titlebar and the row of buttons below it to the right, and then fill the space between them and the sidebar with a logo.

In absence of another solution, I will have to just resize the title bar to adjust the logo size...

Now I have another question: how does one change text sizes in the game? I placed a settings.xml to the settings folder of my custom skin, but editing text size values there has no effect on font sizes in the game. In past game versions I have had similar problems (I guess I do not learn :rolleyes:) and the solution was to name the settings file correctly. I have tried different names (for example <skin name> settings.xml), but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

In absence of another solution, I will have to just resize the title bar to adjust the logo size...

Now I have another question: how does one change text sizes in the game? I placed a settings.xml to the settings folder of my custom skin, but editing text size values there has no effect on font sizes in the game. In past game versions I have had similar problems (I guess I do not learn :rolleyes:) and the solution was to name the settings file correctly. I have tried different names (for example <skin name> settings.xml), but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

If you are using panels from other people in your skin they may have changed the fonts (as I have in mine) so for example I have one called Proxima-reg instead of the Proxima_reg so it would have to be added to the settings file or changed in the panel which its located.

You can change that easily enough in the header, that one above in the screenshot is set to 50 where the one below is set to 80 you could set the sidebar to match the top bar as well if wanted

chelse10.jpg

Sorry. But how do you get the stadiums to show in that panel? I don't know what pack to download to put them in there.

If you are using panels from other people in your skin they may have changed the fonts (as I have in mine) so for example I have one called Proxima-reg instead of the Proxima_reg so it would have to be added to the settings file or changed in the panel which its located.

I'm using an instant result skin as a platform for my modifications, and the only changes that were present before my own modifications seem to be the ones directly related to the instant result function. What should be the name of the settings file? The name of the skin's folder <space> and then settings.xml?

I'm using an instant result skin as a platform for my modifications, and the only changes that were present before my own modifications seem to be the ones directly related to the instant result function. What should be the name of the settings file? The name of the skin's folder <space> and then settings.xml?

Yes that is Ok.

What panel are you refering to? I want to change font sizes all over the skin. You were definitely able to change font sizes by changing the values in the settings file?

I have been trying read about the whole thing here.

I am finding that if there is a font type/style line in a panel then the settings file doesnt override it.

I am finding that if there is a font type/style line in a panel then the settings file doesnt override it.

Sounds plausible, but are such lines in every panel with text? I have changed all font sizes in the settings file and nothing has changed in the game as far as I can see.

o3FDTaW.jpg?1

Having said that, I'm new to this so someone with a bit more knowledge may be able to assist you.

It is possible but you'dd have to create a container in client object browser.xml for that, may be a little more tricky than simple editing.

It is possible but you'dd have to create a container in client object browser.xml for that, may be a little more tricky than simple editing.

I had a vague idea that that would be the xml to edit, but I have changed plans and don't need it anymore. ;)

I had a vague idea that that would be the xml to edit, but I have changed plans and don't need it anymore. ;)

No worries, I put the logo in the sidebar in mine.

@FMReporter: Cheers for the code for interchangable logo/portraits. I tried using the same code I did in FM14 but it doesn't take for some reason.

No worries, I put the logo in the sidebar in mine.

@FMReporter: Cheers for the code for interchangable logo/portraits. I tried using the same code I did in FM14 but it doesn't take for some reason.

I know, I spent hours in the default panels before realising that I was in FM14 and not FM15 ones. Oh well, it was raining that day and I had nothing better to do !

Here is what I've been doing. ;)

Does anyone know how to control the vertical alignment of the text in the titlebar? I don't want to align it to top or bottom, just move it a little bit down because of the golden ratio and nonsense like it. The text "Cittadella" looks a bit rough as well - can text smoothness be adjusted somehow? There is no room for the World button's downward "arrowhead" - can it be removed?

skin_changes_3.png~original

Are you recolouring the bar ? If so the font colour will be based on the paper colour that you have chosen for the recolour scheme

I have not modified the paper the titlebar colouring uses. Could that sort of thing have something to do with a font looking jagged (other than possibly contrast)?

I have not modified the paper the titlebar colouring uses. Could that sort of thing have something to do with a font looking jagged (other than possibly contrast)?

Yes, depending on the paper chosen and of course the font chosen. I spent quite a bit of time "juggling" the two to get it just right

Archived