Qwertyboi's FM15 Football Deity Challenge

This is the first edition of my new challenge. The actual goal of the challenge is quite simple, but at the same time, absolutely impossible. If you accept this challenge, it will probably take you into FM16.

This challenge is very simple. Use the database at the end of this post, don't use the editor, post screenshots every season and you must pick a team in the Mid-Sussex League Division 11 TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

If this happened in real life, the manager would be considered a divine being, which is the story behind the title. I'm not really expecting anyone to actually complete this challenge. Prove me wrong.

I'll keep track of the people who do this challenge in this space.

Good luck.

http://www.passion4fm.com/fm15-english-lower-leagues-level-24-database/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to try this challenge. (I'm in the first year of another multi-year challenge) but I'll be interested to see how people get on with this.

At first I didn't think it would be that difficult a challenge, but that's because I didn't realise there was a level 24 of the English football league system.

• 7 months later...

The amateur status is both fun and frustrating. I hate seeing my best players being gobbled up by squads willing to pay them but it makes contracts really easy. Also my board is crazy. The first year they expected me to be competitive but the following years they expected me to win the league and every cup. My last season I only lost 2 league games, finished second and they were disappointed that I did not finish first. Go figure.

Completed season 17/18, pretty rough season. Finished just above relegation, lost one cup final, semi's in another. Managed to not get sacked during a takeover to top things off. Good off-season. Board agreed to upgrade youth facilites to the tune of $300k, and also got an affiliate for the next year. Influx of loans and some money will hopefully help with a better season.

I like the idea of this but, am going to need an idiots guide to installing the leagues...........

I have surpased myself on two counts. I have installed database and I have then also uploaded a screen shot.

Anything is now possible.

I am Sunday League - No Experience - Medium Database - Background Leagues - Southwick

So, Is there 3/4 of us doing this?

etMlWL4.jpg?1

Welcome to the party. What step on the pyramid is Sussex County League? Most of us have been starting at the bottom, lvl 24, Mid-Sussex Division 11 which only has two playable teams I think, Crawley United and AFC Bolnore (might have that last one wrong.)

I might have picked this incorrectly then, are we supposed to be starting in what I think is league 24 i.e the bottom league of the whole thing?

I started in league 11 but, as you say that is actually league 3 ?!?

Yeah, Mid-sussex League 11 is actually lvl 24 on the pyramid, you'd have to get 13 promotions to get where your screen shot has you. I'm sure that team would be just as challenging, these amateur teams are a unique type of fun.

Rough end to the season, lots of injuries and had a difficult time scoring. No loan players from my affiliate also hurt a bit. Highlight was the cup win. Much better regens coming through and managed to get training facilities upgraded as well as buying our ground.

VrLykbT.jpg

Hi guys, I've just started this challenge and have chosen Crawley United (the ground Northgate Playing Fields, I can see from my house and played this team in a real life friendly this season!) however i was after some advice.

How did you guys start looking for players? did you just play with the greyed out players? did you sign the greyed out players or did you play any players in your first season? I'm struggling to find anyone that my scout says is good enough.

I started with signing all my grayed out players and then filled in the blanks where the talent was especially poor with anyone I could find. Be warned, in the first few seasons anyone who shows any ability will most likely leave. Last season I still had some attrition but loyalty definately increases as you rise through the ranks. Good luck! I've had a lot of fun building the club.

I haven't posted yet, but after I finish my 4th or 5th season I'll post a bunch of photos.

I too am managing AFC Bolnore and I'm getting kind of annoyed when every year my 2 or 3 best players all leave to teams that pay them actual wages. My 1st season striker in Chris Benjamin had 18 pace and acceleration, tore the league apart, and then left. It's been the story numerous times, but it kills me every time one of them leaves.

Don't know if I'm too late to join the party but I'm going to anyway, started with Crawley United with the add players to playable teams option unticked so they started with just greys, I signed up the greys and decided that I wasn't going to sign anyone from transfers and I'm going to rely on the youth that come through. Here's how I did in the first season.

WRETi2x.png?1

Now it's the start of June and everyone is wanted by every club known to man. Fun.

lQZi3E2.png

Overall not bad, but am disappointed with cups. Won only one, lost finals of Malins cup (15 yrs old kid with 15+ pace score 2 goals against my slow defence) and we never recover. I finally got new board, after months of takeover. 90k in budget from new chairman, thats it so far.

Best season to date. Only lost 1 player and another from the previous year came back. My striker who's stuck around since 2016 got 30 goals and even missed 6 weeks due to a knee. The cup loss was a 9-8 pk loss. My one league loss was at the end of the season when I was playing all untested players. Finally convinced the board to do something about the horrible pitch, hoping that helps stem the rash of injuries I get every year. We'll see how next season goes.

7ydV7mS.jpg

I have to admit it has all been pretty simple so far, won the league every year (last year 2019/2020 undefeated) and being able to win the cups keeps the cash coming in. Up to Division 5 now and investing heavily in junior coaching and youth facilities in the hope that will help me when I have to go semi pro.

Archived