Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Why would you guys still want any feedback since there is no plan for further fixed/updates?

Well, guess i will say congrats on monopoly the "football manager" simulation game market. I am not going to pay 50 dollars and help "beta testing" again for your next game.

Yes, i know..losing a customer won't be a big deal, kudos to you guys.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you guys still want any feedback since there is no plan for further fixed/updates?

Well, guess i will say congrats on monopoly the "football manager" simulation game market. I am not going to pay 50 dollars and help "beta testing" again for your next game.

They need the feedback for FM16 pretty much.

It will be virtually the same game as fm15 but with updated player database.

And hopefully less bugs.

Because there's this thing called FM16 that will presumably be released, that will in some way to based on the codebase for FM15. Very ironic that you think there is no point in further feedback, then complain about the "beta testing" of the next version. Say you've found an issue that no-one else has, but you don't report it, then that issue could very well be in the next version when it could've been fixed by just letting them know about it.

So yeah, that's why feedback is still important.

Because there's this thing called FM16 that will presumably be released, that will in some way to based on the codebase for FM15. Very ironic that you think there is no point in further feedback, then complain about the "beta testing" of the next version. Say you've found an issue that no-one else has, but you don't report it, then that issue could very well be in the next version when it could've been fixed by just letting them know about it.

So yeah, that's why feedback is still important.

I don't know if this approach is healthy for the long term survival of the series, to be honest.

I don't know if this approach is healthy for the long term survival of the series, to be honest.

Its survived for over 20 years with this approach.

While we would all love the game to be regularly updated it would effect SI's income heavily, if there was absolutely no difference between fm15 and fm16 except the players database then who would buy it?

At least SI are honest enough to say there are no plans to add any other updates. Other developers are happy to lead consumers up the garden path with lies.

Its survived for over 20 years with this approach.

While we would all love the game to be regularly updated it would effect SI's income heavily, if there was absolutely no difference between fm15 and fm16 except the players database then who would buy it?

At least SI are honest enough to say there are no plans to add any other updates. Other developers are happy to lead consumers up the garden path with lies.

They haven't used beta testing for over 20 years though. I think that's what he's saying.

Dear SI, would you please fix the ME, even for FM16, so that overly attacking tactics are torn down to ****, and not producing results such as 33-5-0 league score? It is becoming really boring to see utterly unrealistic tactical systems produce bloody fantastic results, even though those systems have almost no logic. Attacking + Higher tempo + Close down more + More expressive = destroy the AI. It just shouldn't be that way. Thank you.

Dear SI, would you please fix the ME, even for FM16, so that overly attacking tactics are torn down to ****, and not producing results such as 33-5-0 league score? It is becoming really boring to see utterly unrealistic tactical systems produce bloody fantastic results, even though those systems have almost no logic. Attacking + Higher tempo + Close down more + More expressive = destroy the AI. It just shouldn't be that way. Thank you.

The ME is awesome compared to 15.2.1 though?

As I sad, it would be very, very, ...., very nice to see an engine where overly attacking tactics tend to fail, compared to current state of the engine (in previous 2-3 years). Even if it means waiting for FM16, it would be an improvement that would actually make FM16 worth the money.

15.3.1 Hotfix - Cardiff City Colour Fix ONLY - i cant believe this :thdn:

Funny that THIS is what they feel is such a pressing problem that it requires immediate repair. It'll probably break everyone's custom skins again.

Interesting reading about injuries. I have just had three players ruled out with lower back stress fractures within the space of three days of each other. That's a lot of stress fractures!!
Could be the team bus. Did you upgrade the facilities?

Could be the team bus. Did you upgrade the facilities?

Still no injuries stats from you since I asked yesterday?

I guess you just prefer to sit and whine like a 2yo than actually put some effort in and provide some evidence so SI can see if there is a problem or not.

Hell upload your save and I'll even extract the stats for you!

Well here are mine.

Tomkins - Lower back stress fracture - 4/4 weeks

Honda - Lower back stress fracture - 5/6 weeks

Agu - As above - 5/6 weeks

Noble - Broken foot - 3/4 months

Sakho - chest injury - 8/12 days

Sam Howes - Broken Shoulder

Malcolm - Broken Jaw - 5 weeks

Zarate - damaged foot

Kouyate - torn groin muscle - 7 weeks to 2 months

Poyet - twisted ankle

Reid - twisted knee

Carroll - thigh strain

All pre season and it's only July! I have added to this as I have played the last 15 minutes and the injuries occurred within about 2 weeks of each other. I am on FMC.

Must confess this does seem a tad OTT!

Still no injuries stats from you since I asked yesterday?

I guess you just prefer to sit and whine like a 2yo than actually put some effort in and provide some evidence so SI can see if there is a problem or not.

Hell upload your save and I'll even extract the stats for you!

Sorry about that. I closed the game before reading your post yesterday as I had to prepare some work for today. I'm ingame now and i can still confirm injuries to be off. I compare it to the same team IRL which has 1 or 2 injured players. I'm going through a good phase recently although having my 2 main CMs out for months.

Minor knocks would be realistic, keeping them off for a game or two, but getting injured for months can really break a career ingame, especially on youngsters.

http://prntscr.com/6erzu7 Here is my league injury stats. Nothing special atm, back in september was worse.

You saying "I confirm injuries to be off" is a waste of time and does absolutely nothing to help anyone.

If you have a problem with it you need to provide actual solid statistics over a period of time from your save backed up by pictures or an uploaded save. This is the only way SI will be able to identify if there is a problem or not.

So far no-one has produced any real evidence that anything is seriously wrong with regard to injuries.

15.3.1 Hotfix - Cardiff City Colour Fix ONLY - i cant believe this :thdn:

Me neither. Yeah, let's change one team's colours from red to blue to keep English leagues as realistic as possible but never mind the other leagues with incorrect rules (like Argentina) and the other bugs. I think I've finally had enough of FM, maybe it's time to waste my time and money on something else.

Sorry about that. I closed the game before reading your post yesterday as I had to prepare some work for today. I'm ingame now and i can still confirm injuries to be off. I compare it to the same team IRL which has 1 or 2 injured players. I'm going through a good phase recently although having my 2 main CMs out for months.

Minor knocks would be realistic, keeping them off for a game or two, but getting injured for months can really break a career ingame, especially on youngsters.

http://prntscr.com/6erzu7 Here is my league injury stats. Nothing special atm, back in september was worse.

Comparing the injuries to the same team IRL doesn't make sense. You should compare it to the other teams in your league at least and by the looks of it you only have 2 injuries more than the ones below.

Funny that THIS is what they feel is such a pressing problem that it requires immediate repair. It'll probably break everyone's custom skins again.

No. This is the problem that they were able to get to the bottom of, test and were happy to roll out a hotfix for.

I know I've mentioned it before, about too many shots & goals, but in my new save, its still the same:

34g0u4j.png

r6z4g8.png

20po7s9.png

I'm not too sure I should be dominating games against pretty close rivals (and Champions League), this heavily? Especially in the first season. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know I've mentioned it before, about too many shots & goals, but in my new save, its still the same:

34g0u4j.png

r6z4g8.png

20po7s9.png

I'm not too sure I should be dominating games against pretty close rivals (and Champions League), this heavily? Especially in the first season. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've opened a thread for this issue, if you want to support with PKM's.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421760-Reviewed-Too-many-goals-again

34g0u4j.png

r6z4g8.png

20po7s9.png

Changing the colour of Cardiff City's football shirt is seemingly far more important.

Besides the Roma match, you're getting a lot of shots and not dominating position. I'd look at the kind of shots you're getting. I've had matches where I'm the far superior team and still not getting 30-40 shots a match.

30-40 shots might be ok against the lower, snide teams at home. But surely not away at Napoli and home to Roma?

Maybe as a one off, I can understand, but not consistently, against top teams (home or away).

I brought this up earlier in the thread with a different save.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I am the new Pep Guardiola.

30-40 shots might be ok against the lower, snide teams at home. But surely not away at Napoli and home to Roma?

Maybe as a one off, I can understand, but not consistently, against top teams (home or away).

I brought this up earlier in the thread with a different save.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I am the new Pep Guardiola.

You're probably right.

Well here are mine.

Tomkins - Lower back stress fracture - 4/4 weeks

Honda - Lower back stress fracture - 5/6 weeks

Agu - As above - 5/6 weeks

Noble - Broken foot - 3/4 months

Sakho - chest injury - 8/12 days

Sam Howes - Broken Shoulder

Malcolm - Broken Jaw - 5 weeks

Zarate - damaged foot

Kouyate - torn groin muscle - 7 weeks to 2 months

Poyet - twisted ankle

Reid - twisted knee

Carroll - thigh strain

All pre season and it's only July! I have added to this as I have played the last 15 minutes and the injuries occurred within about 2 weeks of each other. I am on FMC.

Must confess this does seem a tad OTT!

That's a pretty severe list.

Here's mine...

Just lucky, I guess!

Changing the colour of Cardiff City's football shirt is seemingly far more important.

How long do you think it takes to change a kit colour? How long do you think it takes to investigate a possible ME issue (for only some users), then alter and rebalance the ME?

Compare your answers, it will be quite clear why one can (and should) be done with a hotfix and one can't.

34g0u4j.png

r6z4g8.png

20po7s9.png

In all three matches, the first goal was scored in the first 10 minutes of the game. I have been on both sides of that, and quite often it leads to high-scoring games like this. When I have been on the receiving end, the performances of the whole team become truly dreadful while the other team shrugs off any poor morale or lack of faith and become supreme overlords of football.

It might be that the morale swing caused by early goals is too extreme in some cases

Currently the calculation for what exact injury has occured takes place after the match. Therefore it's always possible that a disparity can occur. However, in future we're hoping to get this calculated as-live for much more realistic results.

Well a physio should be able to specifically tell the gaffer he has a leg problem or his shoulder is hurt not just he has taken a knock. I mean that is the first thing a physio does is have the ability to quickly assess whether a player can carry on or not and where on the players body the injury has taken place. That would help a lot of FM players decide to either leave the guy on and risk a pacey forward going by or taking a center back off who has a leg injury so he can deal with a specific opposition threat properly.

Surely this can be done!!!

I'm actually pissed with how the injuries are ruining my experience with the game. It was perfectly fine pre-patch, but now it's unbearable.

MINIMUM injuries per game in Conference North is 4. Four. I can only sub off three, which means I basically end the game with 10 men every game.

Going back to FM12...

In all three matches, the first goal was scored in the first 10 minutes of the game. I have been on both sides of that, and quite often it leads to high-scoring games like this. When I have been on the receiving end, the performances of the whole team become truly dreadful while the other team shrugs off any poor morale or lack of faith and become supreme overlords of football.

It might be that the morale swing caused by early goals is too extreme in some cases

Not always often. I recently went 2-0 down in the first 20 mins of a game and came back to win 6-2. It is possible to still motivate your players during a match so in this case, maybe the AI manager lacks that.

That's a pretty severe list.

Here's mine...

Just lucky, I guess!

Do your players train in a Soft Play Room?! ;-)

Was intrigued as to what caused the above.(ie my injury list) A reason or just bad luck especially as I am on FMC so the Assistant takes training and seemingly the default is on high density training. Got through to the first fixture with just the one injury and that is knee ligaments to Ravel Morrison which isn't a disaster as he is a pain in the neck!!

So it just seems that you can get a horrendous run of bad luck for whatever reason as I didn't do anything differently. I do think at times though there is a high rate of one particular injury in a save like the lower back stress fracture above.

Well a physio should be able to specifically tell the gaffer he has a leg problem or his shoulder is hurt not just he has taken a knock. I mean that is the first thing a physio does is have the ability to quickly assess whether a player can carry on or not and where on the players body the injury has taken place. That would help a lot of FM players decide to either leave the guy on and risk a pacey forward going by or taking a center back off who has a leg injury so he can deal with a specific opposition threat properly.

Surely this can be done!!!

In fairness, if you go to the player's info screen when he has taken a knock, it'll say if it's a potential leg, shin, head injury etc, but is never more specific than that. In the case of my example above, it purely said, 'potential leg injury'. Players and coaches know straight away if it's a hamstring injury, so that was a bit misleading.

I could be wrong but I could swear the injury report during the match was more exact years ago in FM.

I seem to remember when a player got injured in a game I would go to his personal screen with my fingers crossed it was nothing to serious and you would see "pulled hamstring" and such like instead of "potential leg injury".

Not always often. I recently went 2-0 down in the first 20 mins of a game and came back to win 6-2. It is possible to still motivate your players during a match so in this case, maybe the AI manager lacks that.

Yeah but 6-2 is eight goals - a high-scoring game. I don't always lose when I concede early or win when I score early, but sometimes the team that scored early get fired up while at the same time the conceding team just shuts down. That's when big wins like those in the screenshots above occur. Other instances of high-scoring games occur when both teams go attacking.

Archived