Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

There are still way too many shots at goal & chances created. It seems SI always attacks the symptom rather than the cause.

Too many goals seems to have been dealt with by making finishing poorer(something we definitely didn't need), instead of making it a bit harder to create chances.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I've just noticed that the 'Team of the Year' bonus option during contract negotiations has disappeared. I've tried it for numerous contracts, new players and contract renewals.

Is this the same for everyone? Apologies if it's already been brought up

Thanks for the info. We will take a look at this.

Cheers,

Ben

There are still way too many shots at goal & chances created. It seems SI always attacks the symptom rather than the cause.

Too many goals seems to have been dealt with by making finishing poorer(something we definitely didn't need), instead of making it a bit harder to create chances.

You'd need to elaborate here. How many is too many? Is it every game? What's your tactical setup?

Couldn't agree more.

I started a game with Barcelona. Played Dani Alves as DR. I rested him for a cup match, then he became unhappy because of the lack of first team football, and now most of my players are unhappy with that.

Phew, good thing that they increased the amount of whinging about first team football, it already having been a reported problem that people complained bitterly about just wasn't cutting it for me, it really needed to be much worse.

Couldn't agree more.

The Match Engine remains a flexible environment in which outlying results can be generated. The way in which these results arise is dependent on the relative strategies of the opposing teams - a team sitting deep and offering little else well tend to attract lots of shots against. An Attacking, high tempo approach will do the same - combine the two and you can still get some high scores.

What do people prefer: A restrictive environment which limits you to 15 shots per game so the stats look right, or one in which outlying results can be generated where the inputs drive them?

Want to post this here in the hope of someone from SI picking it up as nobody from the editing forum has nor the general discussion so here goes..

I have raised my query on this here

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...1-over-to-15.3

I think I have confused the hell out of people though.

Basically, my question is the following;

I want the new TV rights deal in my new game. However I want to be able to play with my edited database from the previous patch of 15.0.

When I start a new game I select 15.3.0 database, however select "edit" and select the database I previously used however I have opened this in the editor using the 15.3.0 and created and saved a "merged" file. When I then load the game up, all my previous edits I made are in the game and to my joy, I see that Wilfried Bony is at Man City amongst other real life changes.

However what I really want in my game is the new tv deal - will that have merged in there too??

Thanks !!

What do people prefer: A restrictive environment which limits you to 15 shots per game so the stats look right, or one in which outlying results can be generated where the inputs drive them?

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't understand how the engine works.

OK guys I seem to have made it work.

I uninstalled the game

Cleared my cache on my laptop.

Verified cache in steam

Got rid of the alternative skin from SI

Reinsalled game and it all seems to be working fine again, give it a try.

For all those with the sliding Foosball graphcs.

OK guys I seem to have made it work.

I uninstalled the game

Cleared my cache on my laptop.

Verified cache in steam

Got rid of the alternative skin from SI

Reinsalled game and it all seems to be working fine again, give it a try.

For all those with the sliding Foosball graphcs.

Did you have to start a new save, or did you continue with your old?

I started a new game on FMC and added £100m to my transfer budget. I bought Hummels, who is on holiday due to winning the world cup. RVP is also on holiday. A couple months later and they're still on holiday. It looks like it's bugged and they're forever going to be on holiday. I wouldn't mind but this means I've wasted unlockables on a bugged save.

All good from me, nothing crazy's happened, match engine's all fine

I had the match screen widgets go walkies but I sussed that out within 30 seconds (restore all)

I did have 4 scrub youth team players knock on my door, the game day after applying the patch, then another 3 the next day, all wanting first team football. All are 17/18, youth products & no where near good enough for the first team. I told them all "Fine, I'll sell you" & they all backed down. Not really an issue, I'm guessing the patch made them all a little more forth coming

Same lack of animated players here, I'm afraid. I haven't tried fiddling with the graphics settings yet though.

Anyone experiencing the problem mentioned above, of players sliding around the pitch with their arms outstretched, please try the following and let us know how you get on:

First delete your cache folder as shown here (please use the second option and delete your cache from outside the game) - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Then delete your preferences files as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-preferences

Then finally reverify your cache as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Cheers.

I'm not one to complain normally, or believe the game is fixed, and I'm sure people won't believe me here as there's no real way I can prove this, but I'm in my 7th season as Stockport. Away to Hartlepool in L2, conceding a lot of possession so I go to my tactics screen change formation, the game is 0-0 (as far as I'm aware) anyway I score in the 43rd minute, look at the score and all of a sudden the score is 1-1 when I just scored so it should be 0-1. I look at the bottom where the little highlight bar is, and the ball icon literally just appeared around the 28th minute. Turns out that apparently Hartlepool scored, I didn't see this though and for some reason it didn't register until I scored and believed I'd taken the lead. Has anyone else had this happen? As I say I'd like to think the game isn't fixed or rigged but when that happens you have to question what's going on

I'm not one to complain normally, or believe the game is fixed, and I'm sure people won't believe me here as there's no real way I can prove this, but I'm in my 7th season as Stockport. Away to Hartlepool in L2, conceding a lot of possession so I go to my tactics screen change formation, the game is 0-0 (as far as I'm aware) anyway I score in the 43rd minute, look at the score and all of a sudden the score is 1-1 when I just scored so it should be 0-1. I look at the bottom where the little highlight bar is, and the ball icon literally just appeared around the 28th minute. Turns out that apparently Hartlepool scored, I didn't see this though and for some reason it didn't register until I scored and believed I'd taken the lead. Has anyone else had this happen? As I say I'd like to think the game isn't fixed or rigged but when that happens you have to question what's going on

I can believe you. That's happened to me twice on FM13 - not on FM15 yet, though.

Hi, I just started my new game in Italy with Inter Milan and I found a missing tranfer from the january window..Jeison Murillo from Granada CF has been bought by Inter and will join them in 2015 summer, as stated here

Could you fix it? as i don't have the editor..thx

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but the Tech forum seems a bit moribund. Can anyone help me with how to uninstall and reinstall the game and editor. It is my last hope.

Apologies for bumping this, but as neither this or the technical forum seems to be the place to get a response, can a mod please tell me where to post? Thanks.

A report of that here would be great, it's a rare problem, but one we want to nip in the bud when it does arise: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

There seems to be a problem with the zoom in feature in the UI. I run the game in 2560x1600 with 150% zoom. (MBP Retina). The text in the news messages are now cut off.

If I change the zoom to 100% I can see all text but I don't want to play this way as it makes everything so small thanks to the high resolution.

It sounds very unusual. Could you upload a .pkm of that match, and ideally your save same, to the bugs forum please?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Doh! Saw that Tony had already requested this!

I can believe you. That's happened to me twice on FM13 - not on FM15 yet, though.

I can remember a bug years back where you'd win (or lose) a penalty shootout, leave the match and be informed that in fact, the opposite had happened.

Still, my favourite bug for any football game ever was FIFA 08 (I think it was that year) where I scored a dramatic late winner, only for Rooney to fall to the ground as the opposition celebrated. Turns out that for whatever reason, when I scored it registered it as an own goal, and a goal to the other team. Ah, memories.

Anyone experiencing the problem mentioned above, of players sliding around the pitch with their arms outstretched, please try the following and let us know how you get on:

First delete your cache folder as shown here (please use the second option and delete your cache from outside the game) - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Then delete your preferences files as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-preferences

Then finally reverify your cache as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Cheers.

Neither this nor jc1's method helped for me.

Played for a few games now and apart from the widget issue (fixed using clear cache etc) all seems to be good. Players movement seems fine. Many shots on goal but not noticed any more then the previous patch (Previous:13-14/13-25)(New:23-11/19-12/4-27).

The ME appears to be better and all screens working as should be. Thankfully, game save speed improved dramatically.

So: so far so good for me...will continue to monitor.

:) Cheers SI

No, unfortunately there wasn't time to fix issues relating to individual Roles. Development time was swallowed up by resolving issues which were wider reaching, and so they inevitably were a higher priority to address.

What would you prefer, a perfectly functioning IWB operating in a less stable ME, or vice versa? I know people will say "both", but that just wasn't possible in time for this update.

Is there any degree of functionality for the inverted wingbacks or are they just completely broken and operate as regular wingbacks?

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any degree of functionality for the inverted wingbacks or are they just completely broken and operate as regular wingbacks?

Thanks for the replies.

To be honest, I haven't used them since the game first came out when they were still more or less regular wingbacks. Take a look and judge for yourself, but I'm not aware of any changes to this specific Role behaviour. One creative (part) solution I saw online was to assign them Specific Man Marking duties on the AI MCs / AMs to force them inside, but that's a workaround rather than a true fix, and only affects defensive phase positioning.

Archived