[FM15] Where the Heck's It Gone? A hunt for lost glories...

DodgeeD

It was all settled in the next round of matches as we beat Chicago Fire and Sporting Kansas City dropped points at New York Red Bulls:

2036%20Supporters%20SHield.png

That also brought up the 'Champions Streak' and 'Well Travelled' Steam achievements :)

We will now face Wildcard winners Houston Dynamo in the Western Conference Semi-Finals.

P.S. Much to my surprise, topping the standings and grabbing another trophy was enough to break me into the Top Ten English Managers of All-Time. Still quite a way off Bob Paisley though!

2036%20England%20HoF.png

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers ashton321.

Still work to do here - it took a couple of attempts to win the Asian and African Champions Leagues and I will have to beat the best Mexican teams to succeed here.

Ideally, I would like to take on South America next (still have Colombia, Paraguay and Uruguay loaded) before completing the challenge in Europe. :)

Seattle Sounders 2036 Season Review

72014006.png

Quick Overview

MLS Western Conference: 1st

MLS Supporters’ Shield: 1st

MLS Cup: Winners!

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Winners!

Cascadia Cup: Winners!

Heritage Cup: Winners!

MLS Results 1 | MLS Results 2 | US Open Cup Results

2036%20MLS%20Banner.png

2036%20US%20Open%20Banner.png

Review

Last year, we didn’t even make the play-offs and this year we conquered all before us domestically! We were one of the form sides all season though we only overtook Sporting Kansas City in the last few weeks to top the standings. In the play-offs, we recovered from a first leg defeat to beat Houston before comfortably dispatching Real Salt Lake in the Conference Finals. New England were no match for us in the big final as we ran out comfortable 5-1 winners.

All that silverware helped me secure the MLS Coach of the Year award.

2036%20Confidence.png

Key Players

Chancel Ekangamene (DC) – found this guy through the DR Congo national pool and he played a big part in shoring up our previously leaky defence.

Patrick Hernandez (DC) – along with this guy, who came on leaps and bounds and is now a regular in the US squads.

Jesper Ahonen (DL) – delivered on last season’s promise big time and still has room to improve.

Andrew Clarke (MC/AMC) – More of the same with goals and assists aplenty in his frist full season at the club.

Art Ring (AMR) – Became a key player serving as a constant threat on the right.

Simone Tsfai (ST) – Absolutely immense. Scored for fun and is now seen as one of the best strikers in the league.

Ones to watch

With Ring, Ahonen and Hernandez all regulars, there are no up and coming youngsters to report on this time.

Youth Intake

No stars in the making in the Academy at the moment unfortunately.

The Season Ahead...

The board were surprised this season but will no doubt expect a similar level of performance next season. Once August comes around, we’ll be looking to make our mark on the CONCACAF Champions League.

2036 International Review: D.R. Congo

53.png

Quick Overview:

Friendlies

2036 CAF Cup of Nations Qualifying: Qualified as hosts

Results:

2036%20Results.png

World Ranking: 36th

2036%20World%20Top%2010.png

2036%20DRC%20Rankings.png

Not much going on this year. We started World Cup Qualifying well albeit against weak opponents. No competitive matches in the rest of the year saw us slide down the world rankings from last year's high of 12th to 36th, despite an impressive win in Ukraine.

The big one is just around the corner though as we host the 2037 CAF Cup of Nations just a few weeks into the new year. Our group looks like this:

2036%20CAF%20CoN%20Draw.png

Algeria and Ghana mean our progress is far from assured. We will have to be at our best to go through.

Updates to come tomorrow.

2037 African Cup of Nations Preview

147032.png

D.R. Congo

Holders: Nigeria

Hosts:

After going so close two years ago, we now host the Cup of Nations. Will we be able to capture the gold on home soil? There are about 74 million people watching who hope so!

2037%20CAN%20Preview.png

We arranged a couple of friendlies as we warmed up, with mixed results:

2037%20DRC%20Freindlies.png

Egypt are a bit of a bogey team for us as they beat us before the last Cup of Nations as well!

Picking this squad was quite difficult. We lack the depth of previous years after a number of midfielders quit the game due to age or lack of opportunities at club level. We also have a mini injury crisis on our hands with four squad regulars unavailable and star strikers John Hamadi and Aldrich Tshiembe struggling to recover from injuries. I had to pick both as without them, we have a much lower chance of winning.

2037%20DRC%20Squad1.png

2037%20DRC%20Squad2.png

With not that many youngsters coming through, I feel like time is running out for this squad. If we can win here, I will stay on for the Confederations Cup and the next World Cup. If we miss out, I will most likely resign.

2037 African Cup of Nations: Group A

147032.png

Matchday 1 v. Algeria

A tough game to start with against one of the highest ranked African nations in the game. We were without Hamadi and Tshiembe for this one and our goalscoring chances dropped when Rashid, one of my Seattle boys, went down injured midway through the first half. We went behind early in the second but piled on the pressure afterward, finally getting a breakthrough with 11 minutes to go when Mukendi curled in a free kick. 1-1 was the final score.

Match Stats

Matchday 2 v. Burkina Faso

Burkina had earned a great result by holding Ghana to a draw in their first game and they wold give us a scare as well, twice coming from behind to take a 3-2 lead midway through the second half. Luckily, Tshiembe was fit again for this one and he scored a penalty to level the scores and we than ran a rampage in the final ten minutes scoring three more times (including a first international goal for Seattle's Ekangamene) to win an entertaining game 6-3!

Match Stats

Matchday 3 v. Ghana

With Algeria also winning their second match, that meant the final games were a matter of deciding who would top the group and who would finish second. After an early penalty put us a goal down, a fit again Hamadi put us back on track grabbing goals either side of half-time with young full-back Kalala also adding a free kick. But would it be enough to secure top spot?

Match Stats

2037%20CAN%20Group%20A.png

Alas, it was not. A late goal for Algeria saw them top the group on goal difference making our path to the final a little bit tougher.

2037%20CAN%20Progress.png

Full group stage round-up to follow.

2037 African Cup of Nations: Group Stage Round-Up

147032.png

Group A

2037%20CAN%20Group%20A.png

Ghana were surprisingly poor but Algeria and DR Congo were the 1-2 the form books and World Rankings expected.

Group B

2037%20CAN%20B.png

This one also went pretty much by pre-tournament expectations, though I may have expected Nigeria to be first.

Group C

2037%20CAN%20C.png

A strong showing from South Africa and Egypt will be a force to be reckoned with in the knockout rounds.

Group D

2037%20CAN%20D.png

A surprise here as Cameroon blew it on the final day, losing to Mali and allowing them to grab second place!

The quarter-final match ups will be as follows:

D.R. Congo v. Tunisia

Algeria v. Nigeria

Egypt v. Ivory Coast

South Africa v. Mali

We beat Tunisia in the semi-finals two years ago. Hopefully we can do the same this time round.

2037 African Cup of Nations: Knockout Rounds

147032.png

Quarter-final v. Tunisia

Into the last eight then with a huge game in front of our home support. Would we march on into the semi-finals?

2037%20DRC%20Tunisia%20Report.png

2037%20DR%20Congo%20v%20Tunisia_%20Pitch%20Split.png

Ah, b*****ks! :(

A terrible start as Tunisia scored before we even touched the ball. I told the players to buck their ideas up at half-time but the penalty was a killer. Even though we pulled one back, so many players were carrying knocks or just back in the side after injury that w simply didn't have the energy to get that equaliser...

Tunisia would make it all the way to the final but it was Egypt who took the title home this time.

2037%20CAN%20KO.png

The dream is over... The DRC part of it anyway.

2037%20DRC%20Quit.png

Seattle Sounders 2037 Season Preview

72014006.png

Expectations

Major League Soccer: Qualify for MLS Cup

MLS Supporters’ Shield: Win it

Media Expectation: 14th

CONCACAF Champions League: TBC

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Not important

Cascadia Cup: Not important

Heritage Cup: Not important

Transfers

Scouting range: Worldwide

2037 Pre-season Transfer History

I released a few players who were not getting any game time and sent some youngsters out on loan. There were also two big departures though – I decided to release Zach Hook as he was a back-up player at best but was on $3,000 a week. I also sold Ally Rashid, one of my DR Congo players. He also was not a first team regular but he was using up a DP slot and an international slot so off he went.

I couldn’t find a DP to take his place and stay within budget. Players like Clarke, Hernandez and Tsfai have all negotiated new contracts with (deserved) hefty pay rises and that left me with little to play with. The new faces at the club are predominantly youngsters:

Juan Carlos Pimental (DC/DM/MC) – Hook’s departure left me needing a defensive midfielder and this young Colombian fits the bill while also offering cover in defence and central midfield.

Julian Sora (ML/AML) – another Colombian youngster and one I am quite excited about. Left midfield is a bit of a weak spot for us so I am hoping he has a similar impact to Art Ring on the right.

Roberto Edgardo Monterrosa (AMC/ST) – I tried to sign this kid last season but his club wanted $2.5 million. I now found him out of contract and available for free. Should provide good cover in the position he can play in.

No players were called up from the Sounders Academy.

I am confident we can compete for domestic trophies again. We will have to wait until September for Champions League action and our success there will all depend on how we match up to the Mexican teams.

Just like DR Congo did at the Cup of Naitons, Seattle have begun the season with a mini injury crisis, not helped by one of my defenders getting sent off in the second game.

I was therefore delighted to see this happen for the first time in all my time on FM:

2037%20Ban.png

Especially as in the match footage, he clearly tripped the striker from behind when he was the last man! :D

International Update: Back to Africa

45.png

2037%20South%20Africa.png

After a third-place finish at the Cup of Nations, the South Africa boss followed me in stepping down from his role. As I am now aiming for each international continental championship in this save as well, I jumped at the chance to manage one of the top sides in Africa.

Here's a quick overview:

2037%20SA%20Overview.png

2037%20Rank.png

Qualifying for the next World Cup is already underway. In fact, I took over the day before the qualifier against Benin. We are in a strong position but with the FA expecting World Cup Qualification, we will have to beat our best in the final round.

2037%20SA%20Fixtures.png

2037%20WCQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Seattle Sounders 2037 Season Review

72014006.png

2037%20MLS%20Winners.png

2037%20US%20Open%20Winners.png

2037%20Cascadia%20Cup%20Winners.png

Quick Overview

MLS Cup: Winners!!

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Winners!!

Cascadia Cup: Winners!!

Heritage Cup: Runners-up

2037/38 CONCACAF Champions League: On-going

2037%20Review.png

Review

We dominated in the league, going to the top of the standings early on and staying there. We carried that form over to the end of season play-offs as well to win the MLS Cup. Our US Open Cup defence meant a domestic clean sweep, which also helped me retain the Coach of the Year award.

Continentally, we breezed through our group to make the last eight. We will meet MLS rivals NYCFC when the competition continues in February next year. If the MLS Cup is any indication, we should get through that fairly easily.

2037%20CCL%20QF%20Draw.png

Key Players

Jesper Ahonen (DL) – one of our most consistent players despite being just 19. Picked up the MLS Defender of the Year award.

Patrick Hernandez (DC) – Had a great season in the centre of defence. The only downside of his success is the amount of games he misses due to his involvement with the national side.

Art Ring (AMR) – Came into his own this season playing almost every game and supplying plenty of goals and assists. Won the USA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards.

Roberto Edgardo Monterrosa (AMC/ST) – a new signing who made sure we didn’t miss Tsfai when he was injured and played equally well in the AMC role.

Simone Tsfai (ST) – Started the season injured but soon came back to lead the way with 30 goals, enough for him to win the MLS Golden Boot.

Ones to watch

Davis de Garcia (MLC/AMLC) – Came in mid-season to add some cover in midfield but performed very well and looks set to push for a first team spot next season.

Rafael Reseco (AMC/ST) - Another summer signing who showed promise, especially with his performances in the CONCACAF Champions League.

The Season Ahead...

The first choice team is a strong one. My goal during the off-season will be to hold on to the likes of Tsfai, Ring and Monterrosa, who are attracting interest from Europe. We also need to add depth in midfield and up front to have more quality cover for injuries and squad rotation as the number of games goes up.

2037 International Review: South Africa

45.png

Quick Overview:

2038 CAF World Cup Qualifying: Defeated in Final Round

Results:

2037%20South%20Africa_.png

World Ranking: 14th

That didn't quite go to plan... We breezed through the group stage only to draw newly crowned African champions Egypt. Those clashes brought up a landmark in my career:

2037%201000%20games.png

But the party was ruined as we missed out on a trip to Canada for the 2038 World Cup. There was a glimmer of hope as we stormed into a two goal lead in the second leg to put us ahead on away goals but Egypt pulled one back and we just couldn't score another.

The FA were fair in their assessment of the qualifying programme and were willing to let me stay on:

2037%20WCQ%20Reaction.png

However, with only friendlies on the horizon until the 2039 Cup of Nations, I decided to call an end to my brief tenure and try my luck elsewhere:

2037%20SA%20Quit.png

International Stockholm Syndrome: Sweden

797.png

I can never resist the lure of international management for long. :) As South Africa's World Cup Qualifying campaign came to an unhappy end, Sweden parted ways with their manager after a disastrous campaign saw them finish fifth in their group. That gave me a chance to start making a name for myself in Europe.

2037%20Sweden.png

2038%20Sweden_%20%20Profile.png

Looking at the players available, they should be performing better than 54th in the world and not even challenging for qualification spots. I'm not expecting to win anything here but it would be nice to turn their fortunes around.With the World Cup on the horizon, we have no competitive games in the near future but come August, we will have the Nations League and next year the European Championship qualifiers.

Seattle Sounders 2038 Season Preview

72014006.png

Expectations

Major League Soccer: Qualify for MLS Cup

(Media Expectation: 1st)

2037/38 CONCACAF Champions League: Quarter-finals

Transfers

2038 Pre-season Transfer History - None

A hugely frustrating pre-season as the club was plagued by rumours of a takeover. Negotiations opened just before the transfer window did and an embargo was put in place. We then went through that frustrating FM cycle of an agreement nearly being reached only for talks to collapse several times over. The whole thing was finally called off just as the transfer window closed. :mad:

We couldn’t even sign players from the Sounders Academy…

At least there were no major departures so I am hopeful the existing squad can match last season’s highs.

To get things off to a good start, we easily took care of NYCFC in the CONCACAF Champions League with the semi-final draw offering the chance for revenge on the only club to sack me so far in this career:

2038%20CCL%20SF%20Draw.png

A quick early season update from Seattle:

We were unable to get past America in the CONCACAF Champions League, narrowly losing out 1-0 over the two legs.

2038%20CCL%20SF%20Report.png

As you can see from the stats, we dominated and really should have won but it was not to be.

We have also suffered from an early injury crisis with both Tsafi and Monterrosa out with long-term injuries. Luckily, I was still able to sign foreign players on free transfers and my scouts found Uruguayan forward Alejandro Larrosa for me. He has had a bright start and hopefully he can keep it up until Tsafi is back in June.

Another quick update as we reach mid-season (June).

The takeover saga continues as talks begin, collapse, have a breakthrough, collapse again and so on.

During a brief break in the uncertainty, I asked for a new deal and got one:

2038%20Contract.png

Hopefully, that will provide a financial pause for thought if a new chairman comes in and has any ideas about bringing his own man in.

We have already played San Jose home and away. Two easy victories meant we reclaimed the Heritage Cup after slipping up last season.

In other news, the 2038/39 CONCACAF Champions League starts in August. Our group looks easy enough. It will all depend on whom we draw in the knockout rounds.

2038%20CCL%20Group%20Draw.png

July 2038 International Update

797.png

My first eight months as Sweden manager have been highly uneventful with only one match played so far as I tested my new charges against Egypt, the side who had ended my reign as South Africa boss. In a back and forth match, we ended up with a decent 3-3 draw.

For some unknown reason, all the pre-World Cup friendly dates were greyed out and we could only watch as Italy claimed the trophy, beating surprise package South Korea in the final.

Once the new European season begins, we will be a bit busier as the Nations League starts. We are playing in Division C and I would expect us to win promotion from our group:

2038%20Nations%20Cup%20Draw.png

A couple of reminders this season about why my stints in the MLS on FM are usually a few seasons in a longer career and not single-club long-term affairs.

As you get more successful, players demand more money, which makes staying within the strict salary cap rules difficult. I generally end up then with a first team squad of about 18-20 players, leaving us at risk of being stretched thin in the event of an injury crisis.

The other issue with success is that more and more players get called up for internationals meaning they miss key league games. This happens during qualifiers and in the summer with the Gold Cup coming every two years and the World Cup, Olympics and others taking my best players away too.

And this year I get this:

2038%20MLS%20All-Stars.png

I don't mind 3 or 4 players being in the all-stars but 10? Including my entire defence and my back-up centre backs? I just hope none of them come back injured.

So the takeover has finally happened (which also meant a transfer embargo for most of the summer window... :mad: )

2038%20Takeover.png

2038%20Takeover%202.png

No extra investment but the club is already rich and due to league rules, we can't award ourselves a huge transfer kitty anyway...

But what's this about a new manager? I know this invariably comes up in the game whenever there is a boardroom change but it seems ridiculous - I am the most successful manager in recent Seattle history and the manager of the new chairman's home nation as well!

The new chairman eventually saw sense:

2038%20Takeover%203.png

I'm sure a double helping of silverware was influential in changing his mind:

2038%20US%20Open%20Report.png

2038%20SS.png

Now, if I can get him to agree to some more facility improvements, I'll trust his judgement more ;)

Seattle Sounders 2038 Season Review

72014006.png

Quick Overview

MLS Cup: Winners!!

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Winners!!

Cascadia Cup: 3rd place

Heritage Cup: Winners!!

2037/38 CONCACAF Champions League: Semi-finals

2038/39 CONCACAF Champions League: On-going (qualified for quarter-final)

MLS Results 1 | MLS Results 2 | US Open Cup | CONCACAF Champions League

2038%20Confidence.png

Review

A little bit of a slow start as we struggled with injuries but we ended up blowing the competition away, topping the Western Conference and overall standings by some distance and carrying that form into the play-offs. We completed our third consecutive domestic treble (US Open Cup, Supporters’ Shield and MLS Cup) with our only slip-up coming in the Cascadia Cup (a strange one as we finished bottom despite our dominance in the league and Vancouver won despite their awful form in the league).

We reached the semi-finals of the CONCACAF Champions League but were narrowly edged out by America. In the 2038/39 edition, we easily topped out group. When the competition resumes in February, we have a tough tie against defending champions Morelia:

2039%20CCL%20QF.png

I was hoping to avoid the Mexican sides but a closer look at the draw made me realise that was impossible :eek:

2039%20CONCACAF%20Champions%20League%20QF.png

Key Players

Patrick Hernandez (DC) – Best defender in the league and is now a key player for club and country.

Art Ring (AMR) – More of the same from this guy and it’s a wonder he hasn’t been called up to the USA squad yet. Ended the season as the MVP and deservedly so.

Julian Sora (AML) – Fast becoming the Art Ring on the left wing. Turned in some match-winning performances in the league and the future looks bright for this one.

Alejandro Larrosa (AMRL/ST) – originally an emergency signing when Tsfai and Monterrossa both picked up long-term injuries early in the season. Thankfully, he turned out to be a more than capable replacement, finishing the season as topscorer while Tsfai had a Sturridge-like season and only ended up playing 5 or 6 games.

The Season Ahead...

At the moment, all of my players are happy to stay, which is great news as we pursue continental glory. Domestically, we are dominating after our third treble in a row so it’s all eyes on the CONCACAF Champions League now. If we can win it this time, I’ll be off at the end of the season.

2038 International Review: Sweden

797.png

Quick Overview:

2038 UEFA Nations League: Promoted from Division C

2038%20UEFA%20Nations%20League%20Division%20C_%20Overview%20Stages.png

Results:

2038%20Sweden%20Results.png

World Ranking: 52nd

Dec%202038%20World_%20Nations%20Rankings.png

A decent first 12 months in charge, even though our Nations League group was not exactly tough. The friendly defeat to Romania was disappointing especially as we had more chances.

Next year, qualifying for Euro 2040 begins and we have the following group:

2039ECQ.png

We were in pot two and we got lucky by drawing the lowest ranked team in pot one, Scotland. I think we have a decent chance of topping the group to qualify automatically.

Uh, that's definitely a bug. Mexico and US capped at 4 entries in the ConcaChamps.

Now that you mention it, I downloaded classen's CFU Club Championship and that probably messed up the CCL qualification...

Ah well, I shall treat the last eight like a throwback to the days of the Superliga ;)

Seattle Sounders 2039 Season Preview

72014006.png

Expectations

Major League Soccer: Win MLS Cup

(Media Expectation: 1st)

2038/39 CONCACAF Champions League: Semi-finals

Transfers

2039 Pre-season Transfer History

Resesco started to make noises about wanting to move to a higher profile club so I sold him to Argentinian side Independiente for a decent 4.8 million. That freed up a foreign player slot and a designated player slot, which was filled with Nigerian international Francis Okolie.

All the other signings were youngsters to provide cover. Norwegian centre-back Marius Kirkesaeter is the one most likely to be getting first team time.

We also lined up Jorge Arias to come in this summer when his contract expires. He will provide cover up front and on the right wing.

In other news, long-standing first choice keeper Kevein Letham had his testimonial match pre-season:

2039%20Latham%20Testimonial.png

And we had a nail-biter with Morelia in the CONCACAF Champions League:

2039%20CCL%20QF_1.png

Monterrey await in the last four:

2039%20CCL%20SF.png

Come on, you Sounders! Always good to see someone having a go with my local professional club...because it sure isn't going to be me!

That stadium is bonkers. Truly. I want one.

Cheers ManUtd1 - for some reason, Sounders were one of the only American sides I was interested in (probably as ahomage to the 'Seattle Sound' that was the soundtrack of my youth!) so it's all worked out well.

We are now one step closer to realising my goal here:

2039%20CCL%20SF_2.png

Another Mexican side await in the final:

2039%20CCL%20Fnal%20Preview.png

Going by league form, past wins and stadium size, not as big a club as our last two opponents but then again, this is the final and anything can happen!

The square is complete.

:cool:

2039%20CCL%20Banner.png

2039%20CCL%20Final%20Report.png

Tsfai was the key player in the away leg. He was injured for the return but, as usual, Larrosa stepped in and made sure we wrapped up the title in style.

I will stay on until the Club World Cup in December, unless an unmissable South American job comes up in the meantime.

June 2039 International Update: Euro 2040 Qualifying

797.png

Three games in and the group has gone largely as expected. We have beaten Lichtenstein at home, Slovakia away and Montenegro at home. Scotland have also beaten the same opponents. The next clash in August is likely to be a key one as we travel to Hampden Park to take on the Scots in a top of the group clash.

2039%20June%20UEFA%20European%20Football%20Championship%20Qualifiers.png

2039%20June%20Sweden%20Fixtures.png

The Swedish squad is not particularly strong, lacking in depth in key positions. There are a core of young players coming through, however, and the following three players have proven invaluable in matches so far:

Wojciech Sandys (GK) - dual Polish nationality but chose Sweden for international football, which is just as well as the other options are nowhere near as good. First choice keeper for AC Milan and at just 28, has several seasons for the national side ahead of him.

Fredrik Eklund (AMC/ST) - one of the most experienced players in the squad, the only thing going against him is age at 32. Would have played more but I have been experimenting with possible replacements when we play weaker opponents and friendlies.

Michael Nordin (ST) - our one man goal machine! Ever present for the national side since I took over and with 14 goals in 9 internationals this season. Only 26 so expect to see him leading the line for a few years to come.

With four of the six champions leagues under my belt, I have realised I am now a full 25 years into the game so I will get an overview of how my past clubs are getting on ready.

If there are any clubs/players/nations/competitions you want to know about, leave a comment and I'll add them in :)

2014-2039: A quarter-century of virtual football management

FMF15-LOGO-WHITE.png

Part 1: The Story so far...

Here's a reminder of my career to date at cub and international level and my progress in the Hexagon Challenge:

Club Career

[b]Season  | Club             | Nation        | League                       | Position  | Cup(s)                  | Continental[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10231091&viewfull=1#post10231091"]2014[/url]    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Division 2 (Bangkok & Field) | 4th       | N/A                     | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10352273&viewfull=1#post10352273"]2015[/url]    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Division 2 (Bangkok & Field) | Finalists | Early exits             | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10358229&viewfull=1#post10358229"]2016[/url]    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Thai Division One            | 13th      | Early exits             | N/A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10361806&viewfull=1#post10361806"]2016/17[/url] | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division              | 8th       | N/A                     | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10362062&viewfull=1#post10362062"]2017/18[/url] | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division              | 4th       | 3rd Round               | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10363312&viewfull=1#post10363312"]2018/19[/url] | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division              | 1st       | 1st Round               | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10370806&viewfull=1#post10370806"]2019/20[/url] | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Premier Division             | 3rd       | Semis                   | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10372471&viewfull=1#post10372471"]2020[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | 5th       | Finalists               | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10374608&viewfull=1#post10374608"]2021[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10424039&viewfull=1#post10424039"]2022[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10430834&viewfull=1#post10430834"]2023[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | 1st!!     | 3rd Round               | O-League Semis
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10451180&viewfull=1#post10451180"]2024[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | O-League Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10451862&viewfull=1#post10451862"]2025[/url]    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur           | N/A       | N/A                     | O-League Semis
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10452220&viewfull=1#post10452220"]2024/25[/url] | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League                     | N/A       | Finals Series WINNERS!! | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10465015&viewfull=1#post10465015"]2025/26[/url] | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League                     | 4th       | Early exits             | ACL Group Stage exit
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10554252&viewfull=1#post10554252"]2026/27[/url] | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League                     | 1st!!     | Semis                   | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10571450&viewfull=1#post10571450"]2027/28[/url] | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League                     | 1st!!     | Finalists               | ACL Quarter-finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10576979&viewfull=1#post10576979"]2028/29[/url] | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League                     | N/A       | N/A                     | [b]ACL WINNERS!![/b] CWC 4th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10590969&viewfull=1#post10590969"]2028/29[/url] | América          | Mexico        | Liga BBVA Bancomer MX        | N/A-1st   | Clasura finalists       | CCL Quarter-finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10605727&viewfull=1#post10605727"]2029/30[/url] | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League         | 2nd       | Semis                   | CAF CL Prelim round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10623822&viewfull=1#post10623822"]2030/31[/url] | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League         | 1st!!     | Super Cup WINNERS!!     | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10633105&viewfull=1#post10633105"]2031/32[/url] | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League         | 1st!!     | Early exits             | CAF CL Finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10646503&viewfull=1#post10646503"]2032/33[/url] | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League         | 1st!!     | FA Cup WINNERS!!        | [b]CAF CL WINNERS!![/b] CWC 5th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10655293&viewfull=1#post10655293"]2033/34[/url] | Team Wellington  | New Zealand   | NZFC                         | 1st!!     | Finalists               | [b]O-League WINNERS!![/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10660198&viewfull=1#post10660198"]2034/35[/url] | Team Wellington  | New Zealand   | NZFC                         | N/A       | N/A                     | CWC 5th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10860893&viewfull=1#post10860893"]2035[/url]    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                          | 7th-14th  | US Cup 3rd Round        | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10873785&viewfull=1#post10873785"]2036[/url]    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                          | 1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10905686&viewfull=1#post10905686"]2037[/url]    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                          | 1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10908524&viewfull=1#post10908524"]2038[/url]     | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                          |  1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | CONCACAF CL Semi-finals
2039    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                          | TBC       | TBC                     | [b]CONCACAF CL WINNERS!![/b]

Hexagon Challenge Progress

[font=courier new][b][u]Competition [/u]              | [u]Continent[/u]     | [u]Best Performance[/u]        | [u]Club(s)[/u]         
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
AFC Champions League      | Asia          | WINNERS!! (2028)        | Perth Glory     
CAF Champions League      | Africa        | WINNERS!! (2032)        | Asante Kotoko   
CONCACAF Champions League | North America | WINNERS!! (2039)        | Seattle Sounders       
Copa Libertadores         | South America | N/A                     | N/A
O-League                  | Oceania       | WINNERS!! (2034)        | Team Wellington
UEFA Champions League     | Europe        | N/A                     | N/A
FIFA Club World Cup       | Worldwide     | 4th (2028)              | Perth Glory[/font]

International Scene

[font=courier new][b][u]Year[/u] | [u]National Team[/u][/b][b]     | [u]World Ranking[/u] | [u]Performance 
[/u]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b][/font][font=courier new][url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories...?p=10369201&viewfull=1#post10369201"]
2019[/url] | Lebanon U23s      | N/A           | Asian Games Runners-up[/font][font=courier new]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories...?p=10371013&viewfull=1#post10371013"]2020[/url] | Iran U23s         | N/A           | Olympic Games Quarter-finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10424462&viewfull=1#post10424462"]2023[/url] | New Zealand U23s  | N/A           | Oceania Olympic Qualifying Tournament Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10429283&viewfull=1#post10429283"]2023[/url] | Bahrain U23s      | N/A           | Asian Games WINNERS!!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10443446&viewfull=1#post10443446"]2024[/url] | France U23s       | N/A           | Olympic Games Silver Medallists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10461223&viewfull=1#post10461223"]2025[/url] | Ivory Coast       | 29th          | Qualified for 2026 World Cup
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10467823&viewfull=1#post10467823"]2026[/url] [font=courier new]| Ivory Coast       | 25th          | Sacked after World Cup Group Stage Exit
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10469836&viewfull=1#post10469836"]2026[/url] | Croatia U21s      | N/A           | Qualified for 2027 UEFA U21 Championship
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10554868&viewfull=1#post10554868"]2027[/url] | Croatia U21s      | N/A           | UEFA U21 Championship Semi-finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10556757&viewfull=1#post10556757"]2027[/url] | Trinidad & Tobago | 102nd         | Qualified for CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Third Phase
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10582259&viewfull=1#post10582259"]2028[/url] | Trinidad & Tobago | 104th         | [font=courier new][font=courier new]CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Third Phase; CFU Cup 3rd place
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10594893&viewfull=1#post10594893"]2029[/url] | Trinidad & Tobago | 94th          | Gold Cup Group Stage
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10630374&viewfull=1#post10630374"]2031[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 74th          | Friendlies...
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10637504&viewfull=1#post10637504"]2032 [/url]| D.R. Congo        | 42nd          | Qualified for 2033 African Cup of Nations
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10637504&viewfull=1#post10637504"]2033[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 40th          | Cup of Nations Group Stage; Qualified for 2034 World Cup
[/font][/font][/font][url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10660236&viewfull=1#post10660236"]2034[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 19th          | World Cup 2nd Round; Qualified for 2035 Cup of Nations
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10860952&viewfull=1#post10860952"]2035[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 17th          | Cup of Nations Finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10873895&viewfull=1#post10873895"]2036[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 36th          | Friendlies...
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10875056&viewfull=1#post10875056"]2037[/url] | D.R. Congo        | 36th          | Cup of Nations Quarter-finals
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10906740&viewfull=1#post10906740"]2037[/url] | South Africa      | 14th          | Defeated in Final Round of CAF World Cup Qualifying
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422461-FM15-Where-the-Heck-s-It-Gone-A-hunt-for-lost-glories?p=10908559&viewfull=1#post10908559"]2038[/url] | Sweden            | 52nd          | Promoted from UEFA Nations League Division C
2039 | [font=courier new]Sweden            | -             | -[/font]
[/font]

International Octagon Progress

[font=&amp][u]Competition [/u]               | [u]Continent[/u]     | [u]Best Performance[/u]   | [u]Nation[/u]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asian Cup                  | Asia          | N/A                | N/A
Copa America               | South America | N/A                | N/A
[/font][font=&amp]Cup of Nations             | Africa        | Finalists (2035)   | D.R. Congo [/font][font=&amp]
Gold Cup                   | North America | Group Stage (2029) | Trinidad & Tobago
Oceania Nations Cup        | South America | N/A                | N/A
UEFA European Championship | Europe        | N/A                | N/A
Confederations Cup         | Worldwide     | N/A                | N/A
FIFA World Cup             | Worldwide     | 2nd Round (2034)   | D.R. Congo [/font]

I have added and removed a few leagues over the years. Here are the ones I have running as of July 2039:

Australia (A-League); Bahrain* (top two divisions); Belgium (top three divisions); Colombia (top two divisions); Croatia (top two divisions); Cyprus* (top three divisions); D.R. Congo* (Linafoot); England (to Conference N/S); France (to National); Ghana* (Premier League); Hungary (top two divisions); Jamaica* (top two divisions); Lebanon* (top two divisions); Mexico (top two divisions); Montenegro* (top two divisions); New Caledonia (Super Ligue); New Zealand (ASB Premiership); Paraguay* (top two divisions); South Africa (top two divisions); Sweden (top four divisions); Thailand* (top three divisions); Trinidad & Tobago* (top two divisions); Turkey (top three divisions); U.S.A. (MLS); Uruguay (top two divisions)

My laptop is holding out pretty well but I may ditch some of the European leagues soon as I doubt I will try to take a Cypriot or Montenegrian club to the top of European football... Whatever happens, I will keep the leagues I have previously managed in running to track my old clubs - and they are in the next update.

FMF15-LOGO-WHITE.png

Part 2: Clubs of Seasons Past

a. Assumption United (Thailand)

220px-Assumption_United_F.C._logo_2014.jpg

Rather than check their history since I left, I was planning to just make an Assumption ( ;) ) that they had struggled in the lower leagues of Thai football, occasionally getting promotion but promptly dropping back down... In the interests of presenting an accurate report, I decided to check anyway and found out the club had lived up to their amusing name, spending the last several seasons as a yo-yo club between Thai Divisions 1 and 2.

Of the youth products from my time at the club, Thawit Jitsawat was by far the most successful, playing for a number of clubs in the Thai Premier League before moving into management. He has, however, been out of work for the last year.

b. Ahli Saida (Lebanon)

114952.png

Ahli Saida have followed a similar pattern to Assumption United, spending recent years yo-yoing between the top two divisions. Their most successful period was just after I left when they won the FA Cup but they seemed destined to remain one of the lesser teams of Lebanese football.

One notable youth product was Waleed Al-Ammar. As a goalkeeper, he wasn't up to much, playing only 95 games in his professional career and having a journeyman tour of the Lebanese leagues that involved three separate stints at Ahli Saida. A 4th stint would come as a manager and provided much amusement in my subscriptions newsfeed as he seemed to fall out with a different player every week. Just after getting Ahli Saida promoted, he jumped ship to another Lebanese Premier League side only to get them relegated and has been out of work since.

c. A.S. Magenta (New Caledonia)

432915.png

A.S. Magenta have remained the top side in New Caledonia since I left, only failing to capture the title once in all that time. They have made the O-League final on two occasions but have never managed to win the big prize.

I had many first-team worthy youth players come through while I was there. Two who still stand out are Arthur Blanc, still at the club with over 350 appearances as first choice keeper over 18 years (quite a lot when you consider there are only 22 games each season), and Simon Martinez, who stayed at the club until retiring. He then managed a couple of other New Caledonian sides and has recently become the national team manager.

d. Perth Glory (Australia)

123001.png

Perth Glory remained a force in the A-League for a few years after I left, picking up two more Regular Season titles and winning the championship play-offs once. They also made the Asian Champions League final in 2030 but couldn't regain the crown. They have dropped off in recent seasons, struggling to make the end of season play-offs.

David Long is one youth product I brought into the first team who is still at the club (over 250 league appearances) and has also made a handful of appearances for Australia.

e. América (Mexico)

1253.png

Funny club this one - they had one manager for 14 years before I arrived. I was sacked after 250 days and since then, no manager has lasted much longer than a year. They have won things, picking up the apertura and clasura titles more than once but it seems failure to win one title means the board pull the trigger!

Obviously, no youth players could be nurtured in the short time I was there...

f. Asante Kotoko (Ghana)

801910.png

Asante Kotoko have traded titles with Hearts of Oak in recent years and remain as one of Ghana's top teams. They have struggled in the CAF Champions League, however, failing to get out of the group stage since my departure.

Most of the youth academy graduates from my time are playing for other clubs in Ghana. Joe Adams had some success abroad playing for a couple of clubs in Croatia and getting 9 caps for the Black Side. He is currently looking for a new club.

g. Team Wellington (New Zealand)

1301559.png

Since I left, Canterbury United and Auckland City have been the dominant sides domestically and in the O-League but Team Wellington have pushed them close on a few occasions. I only had one youth intake while there and all those players have since been released...

Mexicans, Mexicans everywhere!

FMF15-LOGO-WHITE.png

Part 3: Mexican Special Edition

National Side

The national side, as expected, have been one of the dominant forces in CONCACAF football, winning seven Gold Cups since 2014. They have struggled elsewhere though with a thrid-place finish at the last Confederaitons Cup their best showing. They have, however, consistently been in the top 20 of the world rankings:

Mexico_%20History%20Overview.png

The highest valued player (€27 million) in the squad is the right winger Juan Cabrera, a Monterrey youth academy graduate who has just signed for Sunderland.

Héctor Eddy Pindter is the standout player of the squad though, the Benfica striker (Atlas youth product) having an outstanding scoring record at international level - 103 goals in 118 caps! :eek:

Liga BBVA Bancomer MX

Apertura Winners

Liga%20BBVA%20Bancomer%20MX%20Torneo%20Apertura_%20History%20Past%20Winners.png

Clasura Winners

Liga%20BBVA%20Bancomer%20MX%20Torneo%20Clausura_%20History%20Past%20Winners.png

There has been quite a spread of winners down the years, though Xolos Tijuana were top dogs in the 2023-31 period. Recently, Monterrey and Atlas have been the sides to watch.

CONCACAF Champions League

CONCACAF%20Champions%20League_%20History%20Past%20Winners.png

Seattle's recent glorious win finally broke the Mexican stranglehold on the continental trophy. :D América, Chivas, Léon and Xolos Tijuana have reached the Club World Cup final but no Mexican side has won it.

Seattle Sounders 2039 Season Review

72014006.png

Quick Overview

MLS Supporters’ Shield: 2nd

MLS Cup: Western Conference Semi-finals

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: 4th Round

Cascadia Cup: Winners!!

Heritage Cup: 2nd place

2038/39 CONCACAF Champions League: WINNERS!!

Club World Cup: 3rd Place

MLS Results 1 | MLS Results 2 | Continental & Cup Results

Review

Maybe I should have quit once I won the CONCACAF Champions League. The second half of the season was beset by problems – first of all, we lost key players to international call-ups as the Copa America, Gold Cup, U20 World Cup and World Cup qualifiers all affected us. Then there were transfer sagas that disrupted the squad – a few European clubs, most persistently Ajax, bid for several of my players. Patrick Hernandez eventually went to Amsterdam and Art Ring was set to follow until an injury led to the deal being called off. He was unhappy and out of form for the rest of the season, however, and the discontent spread to a number of the squad. You can check the results to see how that affected our form.

Still, at least I got the CONCACAF Champions League after 5 years at the club. It was eventually worth staying on for the Club World Cup as Seattle helped me to my best showing as manager in that particular competition as we finished 3rd (just ignore the semi-final result against Boca!)

Key Players

Roberto Edgardo Monterroasa (AMC/ST) – Our most consistent player, turning in solid performances in all competitions.

Simon Tsfai (ST) – Back to full fitness and full form, it was his performance in the CONCACAF Champions League Final first leg that won the cup for us.

Ones to watch

I’m done in Seattle and North America and will quit before the new season but these two give me hope that Seattle will be just fine without me:

Halil Gedikali (DC) – originally signed as one for the future but once Hernandez left, he was in the first team. Still has some maturing to do (hence the two red cards) but seems like a future star.

Mike Valdez (AMR) – we signed this guy in the draft a couple of seasons ago but he had a breakthrough season this time round, just as well as he ended up taking the sulking Art Ring’s place.

2039 Transfer History

The Season Ahead...

If a good opportunity arises, I want to head to South America next. I will consider any interesting openings that come up in Europe though. In the meantime, I can focus on international football with Sweden.

What a career...massively impressive. Great work in Seattle, as well.
Cheers mate :thup:

I had fun in Seattle but objectives have been achieved and, as the players grow in reputation, it's getting harder to keep them and an element of squad rebuilding is needed in the near future.

Potential next job news coming up after the international update.

[h=2][/h]

2039 International Review: Sweden

797.png

Quick Overview:

Euro 2040 Qualifying:
Qualified!

Results:

2039%20Schedule_%20%20Main%20Fixtures.png

Dec 2039 World Ranking: 41st

Dec%202039%20Ranking.png

Well, we managed to qualify automatically in the end but I am not really sure what to expect from this side. We win easily against lesser opponents but struggle against those ranked above us in competitive and friendly games. We were awful away to Scotland and just about did enough to deserve a draw at home but that meant first place was quite a long way out of reach:

Euro%202040%20Qualifying%20Group.png

However, we topped the second place rankings by quite a distance:

Euro%202040%20Qualifying%202nd%20place.png

That led the in-game media to think we had topped a really tough group! :D

Euro%202040%20Qualificaiton.png

The draw for Euro 2040 will take place in a few months after the play-offs have been concluded. The numbers game suggests progress to the knockout round should be achievable but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

One bright spot was that our star striker Michael Nordin scored in every qualifier and topped the scoring charts across the continent with 14 goals - I hope he doesn't get injured for the finals!

Euro%202040%20Qualifying%20topscorer.png

In game time, I've now reached mid-January 2040 and my 5h anniversary at Seattle. My plan is to head south and try for the Copa Libertadores next but two intriguing offers from somewhere closer to home came in:

Jan%202040%20Arsenal.png

Jan%202040%20Liverpool.png

Very tempting especially as Arsenal are still in the Champions League so there is a possible shortcut... However, both teams are struggling in the bottom half with squads full of players the wrong side of 30 on huge wages. With no transfer budget of note on offer to turn things around, I think I'll pass.

There aren't any top level jobs available in South America at present so I may still go to Europe first if the chance present itself but for now, I'm focusing on Sweden.

April 2040 International Update: Euro 2040 Draw

797.png

The balls have been dropped and here is our group:

Euro%202040%20Group%20Draw.png

I was fairly happy with that - we avoided the likes of France, Italy, Spain and England. We got Slovakia, who we easily beat in qualifying (they qualified through the Nations League Play-off backdoor). We struggled against Ukraine in a friendly recently but I think 2nd place or best 3rd place is doable. The media had other ideas:

Euro%202040%20Draw%20Reaction.png

We'll see who's right soon enough!

I'm now in May 2040 and still looking for a new club job. A few positions have opened up in South America but none at the top clubs. The only one to have caught my interest so far is Once Caldas in Colombia:

2040%20Once%20Caldas%20Offer.png

Only two things put me off - they are struggling in the league and currently sit in 15th place; and the season, with all the league matches, play-offs, cup group matches and (eventually) continental games is a potentially huge one... Very good transfer budget for this level though.

One offer from Europe also tempts me:

2040%20PSG%20Offer.png

They haven't finished outside the top three since the save began but also haven't won Ligue 1 for the last seven years. They are in the Champions League next season so, with a bit of luck, it could be a one season shortcut to Europe's top prize.

So do I go an do a bit of team building in Colombia? Or do I go for glory in France and hope for a better South American job to be available afterwards?

Once upon a time...

420.png

So, after much consideration, I decided to head to Colombia:

2040%20new%20job.png

(What?!? In 5 years at Seattle, I won the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup three times. In the two other seasons, including the one referenced above, we were knocked out on penalties meaning I was technically unbeaten in that particular competition!! :mad:)

Anyway, here's an overview of the club:

2040%20Once%20Caldas%20Intro.png

Tempting as PSG was, I decided to stick to the narrative I had preivously planned out and save the UEFA Champions League for last.

We are half way through the season in Colombia and the previous Once Caldas manager was sacked for getting nowhere near the target of reaching the play-offs:

2040%20Liga%20Aacuteguila_%20Overview%20Profile.png

The squad looks decent, however, and I am sure with a signing or two to bolster the ranks and a change of tactics, they can raise their performance level for the clasura.

The key players in the squad as it stands are:

Eduardo Luiz (DC) - club captain and standout defender, I'll be looking for him to lead from the back.

Mauricio Mantilla (DC/MC) - best performing player so far this season and the only homegrown player with caps for Colombia.

Carlos Alberto Rendon (AMC/ST) - Clearly underperforming as a striker but highly rated by my coaches. I'll try to get him some better service from the flanks.

My main goal here is to win the Copa Libertadores and any other trophies I can pick up on the way. Once Caldas have won the big one before but that was back in the real world of 2004. A look at the in-game winners, reveals a long list of dominance by Brazilian and Argentinian sides with a few Chileans making the finals but no Colombians...

Copa Libertadores Past Winners

The Copa Sudamericana tells the same story....

Copa Sudamericana Past Winners

As I don't have Argentina, Brazil, or Chile loaded, this could prove to be the toughest trophy to win in this entire career. Bring it on! :D

Archived