Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

ah just been asked to place my vote for the Slovenian Player and Young Player of The Year awards! That's a nice touch I'd not seen before

i've had it before in Czech republic. nice touch - shame there was a bug and i couldn't vote!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happened?

I remember doing this in the Conference and the voting bit was a little bit awkward to figure out, it just didn't work the way you were expecting it to.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

ah just been asked to place my vote for the Slovenian Player and Young Player of The Year awards! That's a nice touch I'd not seen before

i've had it before in Czech republic. nice touch - shame there was a bug and i couldn't vote!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happened?

I remember doing this in the Conference and the voting bit was a little bit awkward to figure out, it just didn't work the way you were expecting it to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the news feed would come up asking for me to vote, but there would be no button to click to take you to the screen where you chose your player. i've done it in other leagues too and it worked fine, so guessed it was a bug.

the news feed would come up asking for me to vote, but there would be no button to click to take you to the screen where you chose your player. i've done it in other leagues too and it worked fine, so guessed it was a bug.

Yeah, the Ebony Boot award in Belgium has the same thing. (There are a few other awards in Belgium that work fine.)

I reported that one as a bug a long time ago, but it's not a very important one so I don't think it got fixed in 8.0.2.

Guest niresearch

Going to start the Gundo challenge and alternate between this and my Hednesford game in the dafuge challenge.

Opted to play in Switzerland but have become increasingly frustrated at the lack of research down by my Swiss counterpart! Bar the top few 'non-league' sides, who i dont want to manage, the rest have no stadium set, no club colours etc. I dont think it goes against the ethos of the Gundo challenge for me to edit the db to add the stadium, city, club colours and date founded for several lower league swiss clubs. Stadiums are added with actual capacities and no seats, as per real life. Haven't touched reps etc so going against the rules!

Now to re-load again and find the right club! I've three I have my eye on who have appeared in the reloads i've done before but as stated, absolutely no details added for them!

Guest niresearch

Red Star Zurich Appoint Hill

Formed in 1905, Red Star Zurich, whilst sharing the name of a European champion have for too long lived in the shadows of Grasshoppers and F.C. Zurich and spent their history in the amateur ranks of Swiss football. Ambitious Chairman Francis Zuffi has paved the way for the club to compete in the Challenge League for the forthcoming season under the leadership of Northern Irishman Mark Hill. Hill inherits a humble squad, with six players still under contract from the previous regime boosted by eight 16 year olds. Allmend Brunau is also a modest stadium, that at capacity can hold 3000 but in reality is restricted due to its limited permanent seating. It's certainly a challenge for the rookie Hill but one he's thoroughly looking forward to.

Originally posted by niresearch:

Red Star Zurich Appoint Hill

Formed in 1905, Red Star Zurich, whilst sharing the name of a European champion have for too long lived in the shadows of Grasshoppers and F.C. Zurich and spent their history in the amateur ranks of Swiss football. Ambitious Chairman Francis Zuffi has paved the way for the club to compete in the Challenge League for the forthcoming season under the leadership of Northern Irishman Mark Hill. Hill inherits a humble squad, with six players still under contract from the previous regime boosted by eight 16 year olds. Allmend Brunau is also a modest stadium, that at capacity can hold 3000 but in reality is restricted due to its limited permanent seating. It's certainly a challenge for the rookie Hill but one he's thoroughly looking forward to.

good luck!! icon14.gif from what i've heard and read here, switzerland is a tough nut to crack. makes it a better game though i guess!

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

I'm in April 2015, and Barcelona have just been knocked out of Europe for the first time since February 2008 icon_eek.gif

After winning the Champions League for 6 straight seasons, they've just lost to Liverpool in the semi-final this year.

that's some form!!

12/13 - Hetman Zamosc - Polish First Division

League Position - Champions! :Big Grin:

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - Final (Lost on penos to Cracovia)

Polish League Cup - Winners

Polish Super Cup - Winners

Champions League - 4th Group Stage

My Player of the Season - Michalis Chailis

Another pretty good year at the OSiR, as we winning the league for the third year on the trot, and make our first appearance in the CL group stages. There was no real challenge in the league, even with a slow start, Ruch Chrorzow were punching well above their weight and were always going to fade. Worryingly, Poland seems to be turning into Northern Ireland, as perennial powers Wisla and Legia have turned into doormats, this is having an adverse affect on our European coefficient. Only Gornik Zabreze are consistent challengers in the league. I should really have done the domestic treble this year, but we always suffer a loss of form after clinching the title - this year was no different.

On the players front, new signing Chailis was a revelation, scoring 17 from his AMC berth, and picking up a handful of senior caps for Cyprus. I don't know how much more he'll improve, playing in our crap facilities (which have seen their first upgrade - to Adequate! icon_rolleyes.gif ) and being from such a low profile nation - but he's easily the best talent Hetman has had. Otherwise, I continue my search for a real striker - this year a Serbian and South African were drafted in, but it still seems like if I need goals in an important match, only Kobierecki can be trusted, and he's not only crap, he's inconsistent.

Finances are in great shape, with attendances still improving and the Champions League money helping out immensely. Our coefficient has dropped, so I hope we can skirt all 3 qualifying rounds, missing that group stages money would put a real dent in our wage bill.

FINANCES

And once again, the info screen for Hetman Zamosc.

It looks like I may be heading towards Knockbreda, Eastern Europe edition. Here's hoping I find my Paul Wallace, though we don't play near enough matches to really score those kind of goals.

Anyway, onward Zamosc!

Table Info:

Domestic Title x3

Club coefficient 9.524, 233rd, up 104

Nation coefficient 14.875, 25th, down 3

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

2010/2011 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - Quarterfinals

2011/2012 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinal, League Cup - Semi Final, Champs League - 3rd Qualifying Round, UEFA Cup - 1st Round

2012/2013 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Final, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage

Originally posted by pjtopor:

12/13 - Hetman Zamosc - Polish First Division

League Position - Champions! :Big Grin:

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - Final (Lost on penos to Cracovia)

Polish League Cup - Winners

Polish Super Cup - Winners

Champions League - 4th Group Stage

My Player of the Season - Michalis Chailis

Another pretty good year at the OSiR, as we winning the league for the third year on the trot, and make our first appearance in the CL group stages. There was no real challenge in the league, even with a slow start, Ruch Chrorzow were punching well above their weight and were always going to fade. Worryingly, Poland seems to be turning into Northern Ireland, as perennial powers Wisla and Legia have turned into doormats, this is having an adverse affect on our European coefficient. Only Gornik Zabreze are consistent challengers in the league. I should really have done the domestic treble this year, but we always suffer a loss of form after clinching the title - this year was no different.

On the players front, new signing Chailis was a revelation, scoring 17 from his AMC berth, and picking up a handful of senior caps for Cyprus. I don't know how much more he'll improve, playing in our crap facilities (which have seen their first upgrade - to Adequate! icon_rolleyes.gif ) and being from such a low profile nation - but he's easily the best talent Hetman has had. Otherwise, I continue my search for a real striker - this year a Serbian and South African were drafted in, but it still seems like if I need goals in an important match, only Kobierecki can be trusted, and he's not only crap, he's inconsistent.

Finances are in great shape, with attendances still improving and the Champions League money helping out immensely. Our coefficient has dropped, so I hope we can skirt all 3 qualifying rounds, missing that group stages money would put a real dent in our wage bill.

FINANCES

And once again, the info screen for Hetman Zamosc.

It looks like I may be heading towards Knockbreda, Eastern Europe edition. Here's hoping I find my Paul Wallace, though we don't play near enough matches to really score those kind of goals.

Anyway, onward Zamosc!

Table Info:

Domestic Title x3

Club coefficient 9.524, 233rd, up 104

Nation coefficient 14.875, 25th, down 3

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

2010/2011 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - Quarterfinals

2011/2012 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinal, League Cup - Semi Final, Champs League - 3rd Qualifying Round, UEFA Cup - 1st Round

2012/2013 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Final, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage

congrats on another successful season. hopefully you can make progress in europe next season.

Chailis looks a pretty decent player to me - has good technique and decent pace. and he obviously has an eye for goal!

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2026/27 (Season 20) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Round

UEFA Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

N. Irish Premier Division - League | Graph

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (31st - Down 4) | Knockbreda (251st, Up 6)

Awards -

Ally Magowan - N. Irish Player of the Year

Ally Magowan - Player of the Year

Ally Magowan - Top Goal Scorer (39 Goals, League only)

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Team Season Stats

Players of the Season

Allay Magowan - A great season from the young striker, finishing as top goal scorer for the club, with an outstanding 80 Goals.

Paul "Pele" Wallace - Despite his aging years, he refuses to give up. a GREAT return of 30 goals this season.

Season Summary

Same 'ol Same 'ol, really. Only down side was losing so many players on frees, and having to rebuild the squad when theres not really that much to come here. Still Struggling in the CL.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 798

Goals: 949

Assists: 322

MotM: 246

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

2021/22 Co-Efficient = 5.430 (355th) | Up 188

2022/23 Co-Efficient = 5.649 (374th) | Down 19

2023/24 Co-Efficient = 10.860 (229th)| Up 145

2024/25 Co-Efficient = 11.355 (229th)| No Movement

2025/26 Co-Efficient - 13.290 (215th)| Up 14

2026/27 Co-Efficient = 8.630 (257th) | Down 42

2027/28 Co-Efficient = 9.014 (251st) | Up 6

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 14 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 15 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 16 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 17 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 1087

Won - 826

Drew - 115

Lost - 146

GF - 3617 (3.3pm)

GA - 967 (0.9 pm)

GD - 2650

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 16

Club Co-Efficient, 251st

Nation Co-Efficient, 31st

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Paul "Pele" Wallace - Despite his aging years, he refuses to give up. a GREAT return of 30 goals this season.

That is unbelievable! icon_eek.gif Especially with the lack of pace and at that age! icon14.gif Still no signs of retiring then?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

That is unbelievable! icon_eek.gif Especially with the lack of pace and at that age! icon14.gif Still no signs of retiring then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i reckon he might just make it... who needs pace when you can put the ball in the net!! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

That is unbelievable! icon_eek.gif Especially with the lack of pace and at that age! icon14.gif Still no signs of retiring then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.!

Even though he is now nearing 37, he doesn't even have a "staff profile" yet, despite him being adamant that he will go into coaching. Contract still runs for 3 seasons too. icon_smile.gif

Cheers 442to445.!

Already this season, 3 goals in 5 games icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

i reckon he might just make it... who needs pace when you can put the ball in the net!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I honestly don't know how he scores. When I watch him on the 2d match engine and we "break" - he doesn't even get to the half way line before the play has ended. icon_frown.gif

He gets a lot of goals from Free Kicks, and is my corner scorer too. Gets a few tap ins every now and then.

Total goals = 957 inc. international. 43 to go icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

i reckon he might just make it... who needs pace when you can put the ball in the net!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I honestly don't know how he scores. When I watch him on the 2d match engine and we "break" - he doesn't even get to the half way line before the play has ended. icon_frown.gif

He gets a lot of goals from Free Kicks, and is my corner scorer too. Gets a few tap ins every now and then.

Total goals = <STRIKE>957 inc. international. 43 to go icon_smile.gif</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

42 to go icon_smile.gif

There was no real challenge in the league, even with a slow start, Ruch Chrorzow were punching well above their weight and were always going to fade. Worryingly, Poland seems to be turning into Northern Ireland, as perennial powers Wisla and Legia have turned into doormats, this is having an adverse affect on our European coefficient. Only Gornik Zabreze are consistent challengers in the league. I should really have done the domestic treble this year, but we always suffer a loss of form after clinching the title - this year was no different.

Good season. icon14.gif

The above section was very recognizable to me.

In Belgium, Anderlecht and Club Brugge are supposed to be the top teams, but they're very inconsistent and often finish mid-table. Pretty much every team is inconsistent, actually, so it's always someone else finishing second, behind us.

Which means no other Belgian team can really build up a string of performances in Europe, and they always go out early.

If you want to boost your nation's Euro coefficient, you'll have to do it yourself. icon_smile.gif

And about the loss of form after clinching the title - I recognize that phenomenon as well. Lost more Cup finals than won them.

Do you think "Oldest player to score a Hat-Trick" could be a record? Because Wallace just got one. icon_smile.gif

Don't see why not. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has just beaten his record icon_smile.gif

2nd hat-trick already this season. icon_confused.gif - how is he still netting these goals.!

Do you think "Oldest player to score a Hat-Trick" could be a record? Because Wallace just got one. icon_smile.gif

Don't see why not. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has just beaten his record icon_smile.gif

2nd hat-trick already this season. icon_confused.gif - how is he still netting these goals.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe pace isn't as important as most people think?

Bottom line > The guy is a Legend. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjtopor:

There was no real challenge in the league, even with a slow start, Ruch Chrorzow were punching well above their weight and were always going to fade. Worryingly, Poland seems to be turning into Northern Ireland, as perennial powers Wisla and Legia have turned into doormats, this is having an adverse affect on our European coefficient. Only Gornik Zabreze are consistent challengers in the league. I should really have done the domestic treble this year, but we always suffer a loss of form after clinching the title - this year was no different.

Good season. icon14.gif

The above section was very recognizable to me.

In Belgium, Anderlecht and Club Brugge are supposed to be the top teams, but they're very inconsistent and often finish mid-table. Pretty much every team is inconsistent, actually, so it's always someone else finishing second, behind us.

Which means no other Belgian team can really build up a string of performances in Europe, and they always go out early.

If you want to boost your nation's Euro coefficient, you'll have to do it yourself. icon_smile.gif

And about the loss of form after clinching the title - I recognize that phenomenon as well. Lost more Cup finals than won them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The worst part of the declining coefficient is that qualifying is actually getting harder rather than easier. First season in the CL, I only I was seeded in round 2, 2nd season I was not seeded in round 2, this year seeded in round 1. This despite making the group stage last year, but the other clubs that qualify aren't making any headway in the UEFA cup, and I'm going to get hurt this year - as if I progress through round two (i'm currently 1 up coming home for the second leg) I get... Arsenal in the 3rd round. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by saab693:

ah i could really use some tactic help if anyone's about? I just dont seem to find any kind of consistency at the moment! How does everyone else develop their tactic? Is there something I'm missing?

I haven't really had much game time on 8.02 yet and it is fairly different from what I've seen so far.

Best bit of advice I can give at the moment is; that answers do lie in the match engine. Watch some games on full detail and you should start to see things your doing wrong or you might realize things you should be doing.

FK Sloga Kraljevo - End of Season Report - Season 2008-09

my first season in charge of Sloga ended in a mix of relief and disappointment. relief that we managed to stay up on the last day of the season, but ultimately disappointment as we failed to live up to my hopes. pre-season, i was optimistic we might be able to put in a promotion challenge, having brought in a number of promising youngsters. a woeful second half to the season, including a run of 9 games without a win, saw us in a relegation battle we ultimately won.

Table

League Graph

on the squad front, no-one really shone out. Banda started well but suffered a dreadful goal drought he struglled to break. if you want to see screenshots, just ask.

Squad - GOalkeepers & Defenders

Squad - Midfielders & Forwards

fan's player of the year was this guy my new Ass Man recommends i sell him as he is too old, but i'll keep him to keep the fans happy i think.

Best XI

despite our poor finish, i have signed a new contract til june 2011, with the task of keeping the team in the league. as mentioned, i have recruited a new Ass Man from Big Bull ( icon_cool.gif) and a new coach

Targets for new season

- to improve on last seasons league finish

- to find a goalscorer

- to find a settled formation

- to get my passion for Sloga back!

here's hoping for the new season...

The worst part of the declining coefficient is that qualifying is actually getting harder rather than easier. First season in the CL, I only I was seeded in round 2, 2nd season I was not seeded in round 2, this year seeded in round 1. This despite making the group stage last year, but the other clubs that qualify aren't making any headway in the UEFA cup, and I'm going to get hurt this year - as if I progress through round two (i'm currently 1 up coming home for the second leg) I get... Arsenal in the 3rd round. icon_frown.gif

Yeah, and it takes quite a high ranking before you're seeded for the 3rd Qual round, so that battle to reach the group stage will continue for a while. icon_smile.gif

Sometimes you get lucky in the draw though. Being unseeded, I once drew KF Tirana as 3rd round opponent, heh.

And at least you have a second chance in the UEFA Cup if you don't get past that round. If your team is at the level where you get whipped in the Champ League group stage, but can pick up a handful of points in the UEFA group, that's actually better for the ranking. Champions League pays better though. icon_smile.gif

UGS - Challenge League - 13/14

Table at Winter Break

The idea here was to perhaps catch 5th or at least stay in 6th, but above all not to collapse embarrasingly like last season and not even finish in the top 10. Well, a record of 2-4-6 is hardly much to write home about icon_rolleyes.gif.

To be fair, we did play better than last season and our schedule was much harder but results like 1-5 home defeats to Concordia are really not the way forward. We were in 10th going into our last match but needed to win really to be sure of that. We struggled past Martigny but that actually climbed us into 9th position. Not really as high as I was wanting but it'll do I suppose. As you can see, despite our awful form we hung onto 6th place for a long time.

Final Squad

Final Summary

One huge positive from this season is our ridiculous disciplinary record; only 3 cards every 4 games and only one player suspended all season (1 match ban after 4 ycs). Far far better than anyone else in the division (yellow cards, red cards). No idea why this is but I am not complaining!

Some of our better performers this season were:

Best GK - Nicolas Mazurier - on loan from Servette, far better than anything else we have, played every match and in general very well, suffered a bit towards the end. if I can't get him back next season, there will be problems

Best Defender - Pierre Pottier - another Servette loanee, he was here the season before as well but hardly ever played which in hindsight was a bit of an error, very solid season, another season back here would be welcomed

Best Wingers - Lorenc Aliaj and Ryan Rupp - they rotated all season and were very consistent, impossible to split them although I think Aliaj is possibly a slightly better player, he finished 3rd in the Young Player of the Season award, next season will probably be the same

Best Improver - Stephan Kern - his 3rd season here but the first where he actually was first choice, he had been behind loanees before, and he played very well and made the position his own

Best Midfielder - Romain Guichard - 3rd season here and just as good as the previous one, will try to get him here again next year if Servette allow it, still not good enough to convince him to sign here permanently but as long as he signs new contracts there and comes on loan here I am not too concerned at the moment

Best Assister - Cristoforo Cortesi - after a couple of quiet seasons he suddenly rose from the dead and became awesome, one of the best players in the whole division, assists left, right and centre with lots of goals mixed in, Player of the Year

Best Striker - Franz Sutter - hopefully the 20 goal a season striker I am looking for, started like a house on fire and was leading the divisional scoring charts after 10 games but did not manage to keep all of that up, still managed a very respectable tally, more of the same please. also got voted as one of the signings of the season

This Summer's dire need is a DR whilst I am losing confidence in Delechat so a new MR would not be turned down either. Obviously with the loanees going back, Mazurier or a new GK is needed while DC and MC need tweaking even if Pottier and Guichard do return.

Would love to break into the top 5 next season but given the last 2 years, I think I'd probably just accept the top 10 tbh. No chance of promotion although the 2 ex-SL teams are not as strong as they usually are imo (I obviously now await 8-0 thrashings by them). As Annihilator showed, becoming professional is the key forward but I need a lot more money before that happens....

Best Eleven 13/14

Overall Best Eleven - still 3 of my defenders from the first 2 seasons, suppose that shows the lack of consistancy I have there and the loanees I get in, can't complain about much else although Faria does not really deserve to be there

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

12/13 - Challenge League - 11th

13/14 - Challenge League - 9th

Meldert, Belgium - March 6th 2029

Champions League First Knockout Round:

Last year we went out at this stage, against Liverpool. This time we were drawn against AC Milan. Another tough nut to crack.

Milan was one of the absolute top teams in the not too distant past, reaching the CL Final seven times between 2011 and 2021, winning three. They haven't reached the Final in the last five years though, so maybe, just maybe...

But if we wanted to have a chance, we had to do well in the home leg.

Meldert - AC Milan: 3-2

Which we kinda did, and didn't.

Less than two minutes played and we were a goal down, and I figured we were in for a long 90 minutes. We turned it around pretty fast though, and ran over them with three great goals.

Unfortunately, we couldn't continue in the same way in the second half.

3-2 was a result I could only be pleased with, but the two away goals meant that the match at San Siro would be a difficult one.

My team captain AMC, who scored twice in the home match, would be suspended as well.

AC Milan - Meldert: 4-3 aet

Yikes, what a match! From one emotion into the other, and back again. One of the most intense matches I've played recently.

We were 2-0 down at half time, which was frustrating since we were the slightly more dangerous team, but they were much more efficient. I figured it was over.

But we scored early in the second half, which meant one more goal was enough. And we went for it. Milan were pinned down on their own half. And in the 83rd minute, whammo. Yessss. Figured we'd done it.

Unfortunately, that goal woke up Milan. They got a few chances, and then my sub left winger made a poor pass, giving Milan a free route to goal. The kid apologized for it after the match.

Milan continued their rush forward in the first half of extra time, and quickly scored. Second half of extra time was ours again, but it didn't look like we could pull it off. I was feeling quite disappointed. So close...

Until 119:36, when the ball deflected into the net, and I cheered just a bit louder than the time of the night permitted. Scared the cat as well. icon_smile.gif

So we're into the Quarter Finals, another first for us. Don't think we're strong enough yet to go all the way. But then again, if we can get past AC Milan, who knows...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

With it now being very likely that Paul will reach this milestone do you think you could upload the .pkm of the game that he gets the goal?

Would be nice to see him in action. icon_biggrin.gif

Definitely. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. icon14.gif

saab693 - Verzej - 2009/2010 - Slovenian Second Division

The Season

League Table

Positions Graph

Another high flying season for me then icon_rolleyes.gif. On the plus side, we got 4 more points than last year and never looked like going down really so that is improvement of sorts! As you can see, Nafta stormed the division. There squad is so much better than mine it actually makes me want to to weep . . .

The Players

This year's turds in need of polishing:-

Sasa Levacic - A very good centre back we've had on loan since we started. Will try and get him for a third year but I think every man has his limits

Tomaz Kozar - Another decent season for Tommy. I think with the right supply he could actually score a lot more, just need to strengthen our midfield to help him out

Antonio Delamea Mlinar - Prob our signing of the season. Good in AMC and a hot prospect for us.

The Future

Well I survived the board takeover and the new chairman (estimated 'fortune' of £45k) thanked me for my patience! So I can't see me getting sacked any time soon, the board seem quite content with the team's progress.

As for getting promoted, I really don't think I could put an estimate on it. Nafta's squad was so strong and if the relegated team from the First Division is that strong every year, then I'm going to really need to improve the squad to stand a chance of going up. I'm just going to try and improve every year and hopefully it won't be too long before we go up.

Cheers

Season 2010 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish First Division South

To my great surprise, we dominated this league as well. Though I should add that it's once again thanks to terrific loanees.

League Table

Past Positions

Never really threatened by anyone.

Squad

Transfers

Got 4 strong players from my parent team which helped immensely.

Alexander Gerndt

Saihou Jagne

Striker Dominance

Managed to keep the same striker partnership from last season, and man did they deliver. Here's hoping they both agree to yet another loan extension.

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Yeah, the Ebony Boot award in Belgium has the same thing. (There are a few other awards in Belgium that work fine.)

I reported that one as a bug a long time ago, but it's not a very important one so I don't think it got fixed in 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to correct myself: the Belgian Ebony Boot voting is fixed in 8.0.2. icon14.gif

On another note: congrats to Mr. Paul Wallace. icon_smile.gif

Archived