Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

FKUM Oslo - Norweigen Second Division Group 4 - Start of Season 2008-09

So my Scandanavian adventure has begun... icon_wink.gif i have built my squad up from pretty much scratch into a squad capable, hopefully, of challenging for promotion.

Squad

i have brought in a number of loan signings, mainly from my parent club Lyn. i feel that i learnt in my Sloga game that a squad full of talented young loan signings doesn't always do the job however, so i have signed a number of players in order to obtain a blend in the team.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with my squad, although i'd have liked a better GK, and maybe a pacy striker, but we can't have everything icon_wink.gif Stain Ringstad would also have been nice, but i can't afford the £110k yet... icon_biggrin.gif

i have managed to sign one 'name' player so far - well i knew of him anyway, and that's the experience left back Stale Stensaas although 36, he seems like he has the quality for a couple more seasons yet, and his experience should be valuable to the team.

it's still pretty early to predice who will be my main players, but i have picked out 3 who should play a large part in our season:

Kim Andre Madsen - CB A loan signing from Lyn, Madsen has impressed in pre-season, weighing in with a number of goals. should play an intergral part in our season.

Gunnar Valsson - CM although he might not be my 1st choice CM, i feel that this young Icelander may well play a bit part in our future, and will feature a lot i'm sure this season.

Kim Holmen - ST Another of the loan signings from Lyn, my coaches reckon he'd be a good signing for a first division club. i just hope he'll be a good player for a Second division one, and fire us to promotion!! icon_cool.gif

>>> AIMS FOR NEW SEASON <<<

1. the board hope that i stay up this season. my target is at least a mid-table finish. promotion would be great though.

2. to find a settled formation. have played 4-3-1-2in pre-season, and has gone pretty well. problem might be getting the best out of my AMC, who hasn't done too much so far...

3. to raise the money to sign Ringstad!! icon_rolleyes.gif

4. to try and sign Per-Christian Myhre (sp??) - i'm not good enough for him to join us - yet.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cookie15:

Rlipscombe Keep your eye on Ringstad icon_wink.gif I managed to get him at the end of the first season, hope the patch hasn't affected hin too much!

i will do!! i intend to get him, no matter what!! icon_biggrin.gif he still looks really good, just valued at £65k and want £110k for him, which is too much at the moment.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Rlipscombe Keep your eye on Ringstad icon_wink.gif I managed to get him at the end of the first season, hope the patch hasn't affected hin too much!

i will do!! i intend to get him, no matter what!! icon_biggrin.gif he still looks really good, just valued at £65k and want £110k for him, which is too much at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think i got him for about £65K in the end. Best of luck on trying to get him. His stats aren't amazing, he can just play the ga,e really well icon_wink.gif

Firstly, thanks everyone for your words of sympathy about the lost Champions League Final. icon_smile.gif

I must admit, it took a day or so of decompression before I could get back into the game, but the next season is underway now.

Meldert, Belgium - August 30th 2029

Despite our Final appearance last year, we still had to play the 3rd Qual Round this year. Opponents: Portsmouth. Not a walkover team, but I was still fairly confident.

Portsmouth - Meldert: 3-2

However, the first leg didn't quite go as planned. We were clearly the better team, but our defense had a bit of an off day. I was confident we could set this right at home though.

Meldert - Portsmouth: 2-1

And we did, but damn, that was way too close again. The early penalty started us off according to plan. From then on, we controlled the entire match - post match news message called it a "breathtaking display" - but we just failed to get the ball into the net again.

As I feared, Portsmouth grabbed a late goal with their one good chance, and it looked like we'd be going to the UEFA Cup this year. But, yet again, we managed to snatch the injury time goal to put us through on away goals. We can't keep doing that, not good for my blood pressure. icon_smile.gif

Group draw.

Seeded second for the first time. icon14.gif

Again in a group with Valencia, which I don't like too much. The other two teams should be ok though. We have a good history against PSV.

Euro coefficients:

Club: 14th -- 92.802

Nation: 10th -- 35.775 (2-2-1)

A nice boost from 30th to 14th. icon14.gif

Almost pretty much kinda one of the top teams in Europe now. All we have to do now is prove that last season wasn't a fluke.

CoachFlu - unlucky mate, having been in the same position (last minute goal ended Slavonija's dreams too) I can sympathise. Don't expect to repeat your final appearance immediately though, it definitely didn't happen for me and some rebuilding will be required! Good luck though icon14.gif

dafuge - looks as if you could have the next Paul 'Pele' Wallace on your hands there. Has he shown any indications of wanting to move on?

good luck CoachFlu - 14th best team in europe is a great achievement... icon14.gif

have you had much of an overhaul in the squad or are the usual players doing it for you again??

jameslowe - welcome to Norway.

dafuge - Green looks like a great prospect - not got much pace, but 'White Pele' shows you don't need that... icon_wink.gif good luck keeping hold of him.

Originally posted by iacovone:

CoachFlu - unlucky mate, having been in the same position (last minute goal ended Slavonija's dreams too) I can sympathise. Don't expect to repeat your final appearance immediately though, it definitely didn't happen for me and some rebuilding will be required! Good luck though icon14.gif

Yeah, I’m well aware that there was a fair amount of luck involved in our route to the Final, so I don’t expect to immediately repeat the feat. If I can keep the squad at “Quarter Final level†from now on, and then hope to get lucky at some point, I’ll be more than pleased.

good luck CoachFlu - 14th best team in europe is a great achievement... icon14.gif

have you had much of an overhaul in the squad or are the usual players doing it for you again??

Very few changes. Sold a few rotation players (one of who will be missed but his contract was up), but no first team players.

I did move one of the DCs to the bench and signed a few replacements, but the first few matches of the season indicate that the defense is still vulnerable. I have a few options at the back now, but haven’t decided firmly on the first choice center two yet.

Would like a new goalie as well, but couldn’t find one I could afford. The current goalie isn’t bad though, so I’ll stick with him for now.

So it’s 95% the same squad, pretty much.

Just something to end with.....

Board Confidence - This has been a problem since I began playing in the "All Ireland Cup". I don't know why I've not reported it, I really should have, as it could have easily been fixed for 8.0.2. In the "All Ireland Cup Expectations / Current Performance" section, it read... "The board recognize that you haven't been in charge for all the games in this competition and feel it would be unfair to pass comment on your performance" - even though, I do take charge of all the games icon_confused.gif

I think that I can explain why this appears as it does. FM seems to consider the All-Ireland cup being "based" or rooted in the Rep. of Ireland league structure. Because of Rep. of Ireland's summer league structure, the confidence for the competition runs from Jan - Dec, instead of with the N.I. summer season. It doesn't match up with the N.I. system thus, and I guess that FM throws out a random filler comment about you not being in charge for all the games.

I realised how this happens once when I played a game with the N.I. and Rep. of Ireland leagues both loaded, and when looking at the background (top right corner on the default skin) - it always showed the green, white and orange of Irelands flag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

i will do!! i intend to get him, no matter what!! icon_biggrin.gif he still looks really good, just valued at £65k and want £110k for him, which is too much at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's still ace in 8.02, just alittle harder to sign. icon_frown.gif

Best of luck rlipscombe. icon14.gif Have you got any rivals on the club info screen? Your going to have a fair few local games due to being an Oslo based club. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by jameslowe:

th.1b7244adf4.jpg

Profile.

They have won the Norwegian Cup 4 times but not since 1930.

Won Norwegian Second Divison Group 3 in 1998, 2000.

Thats about it.

They play in Brown lol.

Best of luck jamieslowe. icon14.gif

Sound like an interesting club with abit of history. icon14.gif

Could you re-post your profile screenie as it doesn't seem to be working?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Best of luck rlipscombe. icon14.gif Have you got any rivals on the club info screen? Your going to have a fair few local games due to being an Oslo based club. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't any on the information screen, looking back... find that a bit strange - as you say Oslo isn't a small place!!

harder to sign maybe - not impossible though!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Best of luck rlipscombe. icon14.gif Have you got any rivals on the club info screen? Your going to have a fair few local games due to being an Oslo based club. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't any on the information screen, looking back... find that a bit strange - as you say Oslo isn't a small place!!

harder to sign maybe - not impossible though!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't given up hope of signing him just yet either, once the board takeover is complete I will swoop... icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

Season 2012/13 Review - Sirocco Works in the Northern Irish Premier League

After last season's league win I was hoping to repeat it and add a decent display in Europe.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Dominated the league again, just a shame I lost a game to Cliftonville of all teams.

CIS Insurance League Cup - lost 1-0 to Glenavon in the semis.

County Antrim Shield - lost 3-2 to Glentoran in the quarter finals.

Irish Cup - won, beating Glentoran 6-1 in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - lost in the group stage.

Champions League - lost 3-2 to Valur in the 1st qualifying stage.

Squad

Transfers

Almost the same team as last year, with the additions of my first money transfer, a £9k left back from Linfield.

Star Player

Yet again, it's him, 76 goals in 85 games and he's still only 19.

Club Coefficient: 0.109

Nation Coefficient: 0.333

League Titles: 2

Good luck with Green mate.! icon14.gif

If he keeps going like that, He'll be challenging wallace icon_wink.gif

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2029/30 (Season 22) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Rd

UEFA Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Final

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | League

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (34th, Down 8) | Knockbreda (417th, down 27)

Awards -

Frank de Haan - Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Team Overview

Team Stats

Team Records

Player Records

Players of the Season

Frank de Haan - From left midfield, he managed to tally up more goals and assists than anyone else combined. A great player, and a loyal servant. Hopefully he interested in renewing his contract again.

Paul "Pele" Wallace - Yet again, the clubs top scorer. only 38 goals this season, but still a valiant effort. I do believe that playing him is causing the team to not be as good as they could, and this reflected in the total goals tally in the league, which was under 100 for the first time in about 15 seasons. Still a legend, and I will persevere with Wallace until he retires.

Season Summary

Another season much the same really. Domestic dominance, European failure. Players unhappy and leaving, and hordes of Czechs joining the club. If I get a lucky draw in the CL or the UEFA 1st round, I really feel I can start making strides in europe, but I'm just getting no luck.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 896

Goals: 1042

Assists: 360

MotM: 275

History

2025/26 Co-Efficient - 13.290 (215th)| Up 14

2026/27 Co-Efficient = 8.630 (257th) | Down 42

2027/28 Co-Efficient = 9.014 (251st) | Up 6

2028/29 Co-Efficient = 4.134 (390th) | Down 149 icon_frown.gif

2029/30 Co-Efficient = 4.024 (417th) | Down 27

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 1209

Won - 932

Drew - 122

Lost - 155

GF - 4058 (3.4pm)

GA - 1058 (0.9 pm)

GD - 3000

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 18

Club Co-Efficient, 417th

Nation Co-Efficient, 34th

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Looks like last season's run to the Final wasn't enough to impress the bookmakers this year.

33-1 are the best odds I've ever had though. I think it was 1000-1 at the start of our ventures into Europe, and 50-1 the last few seasons.

Shame you can't have a little wager. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Looks like last season's run to the Final wasn't enough to impress the bookmakers this year.

33-1 are the best odds I've ever had though. I think it was 1000-1 at the start of our ventures into Europe, and 50-1 the last few seasons.

Shame you can't have a little wager. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be a good way to blow those "Career Earnings" icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by 442to445:

Breaking news on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport

English manager 442to445 has been seen in attendence at various matches in Romania.

Sources close to 442 have laughed off suggestions he is being considered for a number of vacancies in the country and have stated he is merely 'holidaying' there.

Another one for the eastern European posse. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

English manager 442to445 has been seen in attendence at various matches in Romania.

Sources close to 442 have laughed off suggestions he is being considered for a number of vacancies in the country and have stated he is merely 'holidaying' there.

Another one for the eastern European posse. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight - I figure if I'm going to screw up another team, I may as well make sure it's done across the whole of Europe, not just the home nations! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Another one for the eastern European posse. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight - I figure if I'm going to screw up another team, I may as well make sure it's done across the whole of Europe, not just the home nations! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant. icon_smile.gif

Knocbreda Champions League - Update

Qual Round 1. - We drew a maltese team, Murata and were heavy favorites. 1-1 away draw, and a 3-0 home leg win saw us through 4-1 on aggregate.

Qual Round 2. - We've been unlucky in Europe yet again with the draw. Knockbreda are paired up with Glasgow Celtic of scotland, in a battle of Britain. The first leg goes very well for Knockbreda, taking a 3-0 win to Celtic. It should make it hard for them, not getting the away goal. (Yet to play second leg)

Qual Round 3. - The draw, at long, long last is kind to me. Either Celtic or Knockbreda will face Debrecen or Helsinborgs in the 3rd Qual. Rd. By far, the easiest draw i've EVER had at that stage. Lets hope I can get into the CL Groups stages again. icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, reset day for Romania is 30th of June, so the date for the official reset table is the 29th

Holiday man was linked with a few jobs which was surprising and even interviewed for a couple of them - he kept a stony lipped silence. I'm proud of him.

Right, let's go see which shower I fancy leading in to infamy.

I've just signed a decent prospect who my scout has described as 'fiercely loyal'. It's going to be very interesting if he lives up to his potential, whether he'd be content to stay when the bigger clubs come a calling...

Ok, reset day for Romania is 30th of June, so the date for the official reset table is the 29th

Holiday man was linked with a few jobs which was surprising and even interviewed for a couple of them - he kept a stony lipped silence. I'm proud of him.

Right, let's go see which shower I fancy leading in to infamy.

Cheers for the re-set date 442to445 and best of luck with your new team. icon14.gif

Season 2011 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish First Division Elite

Still very pleased with how we're doing competitively, but starting to worry about getting a good team of my own together anytime soon. We're relying far too heavily on loans for my liking. Gerndt and Jagne both had enough of us after 2 brilliant seasons and denied my proposed loan extentions. Jagne joined Örgryte and promptly brought them to Allsvenskan promotion, while Gerndt took off to Allsvenskan outfit Trelleborg. Can't exactly blame them for turning me down.

League Table

Past Positions

"The big four" really were indomitable. I'm honestly thrilled to be as clear a 5th as this. Of our 8 games against the top 4 we lost 7 and won 1, although I'm pretty proud of the win we did get. icon_smile.gif Against the other teams in the league we only had 2 draws and 2 losses in total, so I'm actually very pleased.

Squad

Transfers

Loans galore. I'm really going to have to start getting some more signings soon.

Sandro Persson

Signed this guy after both of my scouts were head over heels with his potential. His debut performance didn't exactly suggest otherwise. Could be on to something here. icon14.gif

Star Player

I was hoping he would repeat the kind of season he had for Mjällby and I certainly can't complain about his effort.

Club Coefficient: N/A

Nation Coefficient: 14.042 (25th)

Domestic Titles: 0

The goal for next season: make do without the loanees.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Qual Round 1. - We drew a maltese team, Murata and were heavy favorites. 1-1 away draw, and a 3-0 home leg win saw us through 4-1 on aggregate.

Qual Round 2. - We've been unlucky in Europe yet again with the draw. Knockbreda are paired up with Glasgow Celtic of scotland, in a battle of Britain. The first leg goes very well for Knockbreda, taking a 3-0 win to Celtic. It should make it hard for them, not getting the away goal. (Yet to play second leg)

Qual Round 3. - The draw, at long, long last is kind to me. Either Celtic or Knockbreda will face Debrecen or Helsinborgs in the 3rd Qual. Rd. By far, the easiest draw i've EVER had at that stage. Lets hope I can get into the CL Groups stages again. icon_biggrin.gif

Second leg v Celtic was VERY tense. 1-0 to Celtic at Half-Time, and the game was still in the balance. 4 minutes into the Second-Half, and Celtic pull another back. 2-0. By the 70th minute, the game was all square, and Celtic were dominant, but Knocbreda managed to hold on until Full Time. Extra time ensued, and Knockbreda came out a different team. Scoring early in the First half of extra time, this now meant Celtic required 2 goals without reply to go through to the next round, but despite there best efforts, couldn't even manage 1.

Final Result

Knockbreda 4-3 Celtic (AET)

Right:

CF Lotus Luceafãrul Bãile Felix have a new manager!

Some information about the club:

Formed in 2002, the club's home is the Sînton stadium in Sânmartin with a capacity of a measly 500.

Odd side note: trying to find out more information on the club I was quite worried when the third entry on the google page for 'Sanmartin Romania was the following:

Oh Dear.

Still, at least if the Indian, the Construction Worker, the Cowboy and the Builder come with him it'll fill at least 1% of my stadium.

So, the town's main exports according to the Internet: wi-fi access and homosexuals.

From Wikipedia:

Băile Felix (Hungarian: Félixfürdő) is a thermal spa resort near the commune of Sânmartin in Bihor County, Transylvania, Romania. They are among the best known and most quality thermal spas in the country. Băile Felix is also at a close distance to Oradea, a major city in western Romania.[/url]

On with the game.

Originally posted by iacovone:

dafuge - looks as if you could have the next Paul 'Pele' Wallace on your hands there. Has he shown any indications of wanting to move on?

Not yet, although Blackburn and Boro are after him at the moment. Things might change if the big clubs start coming in with bids.

dafuge - Green looks like a great prospect - not got much pace, but 'White Pele' shows you don't need that... icon_wink.gif good luck keeping hold of him.

His pace is awful but he's so good in the air, he seems to score loads from crosses and rebounds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Second leg v Celtic was VERY tense. 1-0 to Celtic at Half-Time, and the game was still in the balance. 4 minutes into the Second-Half, and Celtic pull another back. 2-0. By the 70th minute, the game was all square, and Celtic were dominant, but Knocbreda managed to hold on until Full Time. Extra time ensued, and Knockbreda came out a different team. Scoring early in the First half of extra time, this now meant Celtic required 2 goals without reply to go through to the next round, but despite there best efforts, couldn't even manage 1.

Final Result

Knockbreda 4-3 Celtic (AET) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drew Debrecen in the 3rd Qual Rd. and to my surprise, I got beat in the first leg 3-1. icon_frown.gif

Second leg yet to run.

Forgive me for going slightly OT, and I do apologise to any Romanians here in the forums, but given my fact finding information results and the fact that there's a team called 'Mamma Mia' in the Romanian lower leagues, I'm really wondering about this place.

At least Dracula was only after your neck.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

YES \o/

It takes them 3 days to install one plastic seat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahahaha. How did I miss that.!

21 seats. Whoooooo. \o/ \o/ \o/.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Final Result

I drew Debrecen in the 3rd Qual Rd. and to my surprise, I got beat in the first leg 3-1. icon_frown.gif

Second leg yet to run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second leg v Debrecen, and Knockbreda find themselves 2-1 up at half time. \o/. A very, very late injury time goal in the second half leads the tie into extra time, for the second time this CL campaign. (It's never happened to me before either icon_confused.gif)

Early in the first half of Extra time, Knockbreda take a 4-1 lead, and a 5-4 aggregate lead, only to see that taken from them with an equalising goal on 117 minutes. 3 minutes left to save a dream. and they did.! Paul Wallace, on as a second half extra time substitute scores, only for it to be ruled out for offside by the Linesman. icon_frown.gif

Deep into injury time in the second half of extra time, and Knockbreda find it in themselves to score a deciding winner, and take the tie all the way home.

Final Result

Knockbreda 6-5 Debrecen

\o/

Champions League Group Stages, here I come.!

Final Result

Second leg yet to run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second leg v Debrecen, and Knockbreda find themselves 2-1 up at half time. \o/. A very, very late injury time goal in the second half leads the tie into extra time, for the second time this CL campaign. (It's never happened to me before either icon_confused.gif)

Early in the first half of Extra time, Knockbreda take a 4-1 lead, and a 5-4 aggregate lead, only to see that taken from them with an equalising goal on 117 minutes. 3 minutes left to save a dream. and they did.! Paul Wallace, on as a second half extra time substitute scores, only for it to be ruled out for offside by the Linesman. icon_frown.gif

Deep into injury time in the second half of extra time, and Knockbreda find it in themselves to score a deciding winner, and take the tie all the way home.

Final Result

Knockbreda 6-5 Debrecen

\o/

Champions League Group Stages, here I come.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ congrats!! 'Pele' Wallace is gonna take you to the final... icon_wink.gif

UGS - Challenge League - 14/15 - Winter Break

Main Summer need was a DR and again like last year the problem was solved straight away as an all-purpose DRLC came in along with a Bolivian DRC from Yverdon (Jauregui, some people might recognize him, I did, I signed him when I was in Holland in FM06). In came a back-up striker and an AML I did not need whilst happily both Guichard (for a 4th season) and Pottier (our best DC, for a 3rd season) stayed on loan. The main freebie was a Brazilian who currently plays in the Bundesliga although he is clearly not that great in this game (also it is a bit strange playing FM whilst watching one of your players play IRL on the TV, especially when you are playing the Swiss Second Division!).

So, the team was more or less the same last season, apart from a much worse GK (the loanee refused to return) a better DR and everyone else one year older (and therefore one year worse).

Well, 5 straight defeats was not really the start I had hoped for. Admittedly 2 of those were the hardest matches all season (away to the ex-SL clubs) but the 3 home ones I lost were against teams of a similar level and ambition as us. In amongst all this I signed a new GK, better than what I had but not as good as the loanee.

Thankfully the 6th game was against one of the awful promoted sides. There followed 2 more victories and a creditable draw against Delemont. We then fell apart again, especially at home, too many draws.

A few more unbeaten, the odd defeat and then 2 more defeats closed out a very unimpressive first 2/3 of the season.

12th place really is not where I wanted to be

This is the first period of this game that I have not really enjoyed :/. All optimism disappeared after the 1st 5 games and the season was already thrown away. What is annoying is our consistency. We can draw at home one week against a club in the bottom 3 and then beat Aarau (the first time we have ever beaten one of the ex-SL clubs) 7 days later.

One slightly strange thing to note this season is that 3 clubs all lost all of their first 10 games! Never seen that before, they all managed not to play each other until after then.

Main problem is, as per usual, the defence. The GK is not fantastic and I have little confidence in anyone else there. Thankfully at the other end of the pitch all is fine, Sutter already has 17 goals and Cortesi is awesome.

If I was being optimistic, I'd say that as our run-in is the easiest we have ever had the top 10 could be within reach. We shall see....

Meldert, Belgium - October 3rd 2029

Champions League Group Stage, matches 1+2:

With Valencia, PSV and Legia Warsaw in our group, a top two finish should be within our capabilities. The matches against PSV will be crucial. Other than that, don't slip up against Legia, and anything we get against Valencia is a bonus.

PSV are no strangers to us, but we have a good track record against them. We've faced them six times before, and only lost once - our first encounter, six years ago.

Meldert - Legia: 2-0

A decent enough start against the bottom seeds of the group. We did waste a few chances, but were never in any trouble.

PSV - Meldert: 1-5

We didn't waste too many chances in this one. The score's a bit harsh on PSV, but it's a great result for us, and this should put us with one foot into the knockout rounds.

Archived