Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

My first foray into the challenge ends in embarrasment...

Gallivare - Malmbergets FF 2008- Relegated and Sacked!

Relegated!

Sacked!

In what can only be described as a disastrous year for Jono Crute, Gallivare finish second from bottom and are relegated, the removal of Crute as manager swiftly followed. He had this to say: "My sheer inability to attract anyone of any quality to the club ultimately proved my downfall. We had one average player and the rest were ultimately shocking. I do however vow to fight on in Gundo's challenge, and will be applying for all eligible clubs come December 25th!"

I can only hope I'm not the only one to whom this happened! I will post up news of my new team etc. when holidaying finishes.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After applying to all elligible clubs, world renowned relgationist Jono Crute has been hired by Korsnas IF FK of the Second Division East Svealand. Crute had this to say: "I'm delighted to accept the offer from the Korsnas Chairman, the club meet my criteria in that they are elligible for Gundo's challenge, and cruicially, they were willing to hire a man who is a proven failure as a manager."

Profile!

Club Info

Wish me luck!

Annihilator666 - SC YF Juventus - Season 17/18 - Swiss Super League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Jurgen Kessel

Fans' Player of the Year - Jurgen Kessel

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

Well, that sucked. I was bottom of the league for most of the season, and no matter what I did, I couldn't improve the performances. I finally upgraded my tactics from the ones I had been using since FM07, but that didn't work either. I guess my players just weren't good enough, which is annoying because my scouts were rating them 6/7 stars at the start of the season.

A run of 9 straight defeats at the end of the season meant I sent a new points low for the Super League, beating Thun's record of 22. icon13.gif

I did a bit better in the cup, making it to the Quarter Finals.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

With the board accepting a couple of bids during the season for two of my best players, the finances are in good shape. The training facilities were upgraded during the season, and the stadium is being expanded to 1,500.

Paul "pele" Wallace - Update

I haven't spoke of Wallace in a while, but I thought I may just, since he has just turned 39. icon_biggrin.gif

The reason for the post is that he's just scored. 39 years old, and still banging them in. (I almost want him to retire now, so I can start a new challenge icon_frown.gif )

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Haha, nice one Nep. I just read back a couple of pages and saw he made the 1k mark, well done. icon14.gif

In my game, I've found a rather annoying bug - even though I got relegated, my players' wages didn't decrease by 25%... icon_frown.gif

Gutted icon_frown.gif

Did they all have 25% increase every season?

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Haha, nice one Nep. I just read back a couple of pages and saw he made the 1k mark, well done. icon14.gif

In my game, I've found a rather annoying bug - even though I got relegated, my players' wages didn't decrease by 25%... icon_frown.gif

Gutted icon_frown.gif

Did they all have 25% increase every season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, nah. And there was no news message about contracts being adjusted (like there usually is).

Just started challenge at Smema Minsk in Belarus. Was about to post screenshots. Played first 4 league games, lost every game but could see the future looking bright ahead then it happened. a board takeover and i was replaced by Victor Shuganov??????

Didnt enjoy my brief stay in Belarus to say the least, gonna have to move countries me thinks!

Randaberg IL 2008 Norwegian Second divisjon Grp.3

Second divisjon Grp.3 - 3rd place.

Norwegian Cup - Second round.

I had taken over at Randaberg Il for the second time after wanting to start again due 8.02. In truth Randaberg are probably the most well set up for promotion in the first season if truth be told. You get a squad full of players, money in the bank (450k) although nothing to spend on transfers. One or two of those players where fairly useful, I did transfer over 16 players as they where not up to scratch.

The main story of the season was the arrival of Stian Ringstad after 14 games (If only he had of arrived sooner icon_frown.gif ) he cost 65k, which I managed to raise through juggling the wage budget and through selling a couple of promising players. Anyway he's back where he belongs now that's the main thing I suppose, although I'm alittle disappointed with his lack of work rate. icon14.gif

We narrowly missed out on promotion on the final day even though we managed to win away to the bottom club 5-4! Ringstad gets 4! It was the other game which would decide where we'd end up the following season, we needed a draw from the other two teams in the mix; Sandnes Ulf and Stavanger IF. However it was not to be as Stavanger clinched that game 3-2 with a goal in the 86th minute for a player called Farrington (Farrington had already signed a deal with us 2 months previous to join us at the seasons end!?!). icon_redface.gif

Only other player of note was the versatile Muhammed Akar a player who has been called up to the Turkish under 21's twice (although still no caps). icon14.gif

Originally posted by Taunton:

Gundo. Are Aarsheim and Svenning still at the club?

How are they doing?

Aarsheim and Svenning both still at the club, although I haven't played either of them too much this season.

Aarsheim started 5 games and got an average rating of 6.83.

Svenning started 13 games and got a rating of 6.69.

Both where decent players in the past, Aarsheim even more so imo. But I never really gave either a good run this season due them lacking pace. I play a counter attacking style you see and it just doesn't work.

Think this Ringstad guy is doing the business. Unlucky you didn't get promoted, but hopefully next season you will. Happy to see Fløy manage to stay in the division. They are from around here.

I'll be pinning alot on the guy next season. I managed to beat Fløy twice this season (3-0, 4-1). icon_biggrin.gif

I don't over to Norway as much as I'd like, so I'd be interested to know; who do you think are young up and coming young players in Norway at present irl?

I'm a fan of Aram Khalli and Per Ciljan Skjelbred at Rosenborg, I think they both will turn out to be very good players. icon14.gif

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2030/31 (Season 23) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin

Stadium Expansion - I haven't posted the last few stadium expansions, due to them being only 1 or 2 thousand seats, but the board have gone all out this season, and are adding a whopping 7500 seats icon_eek.gif - It's one of a very few weird things that have happened during the close season, and beginning of the new season.

Paul "pele" Wallace retires - It came out of the blue, to be honest. I assumed if they were playing regularly, they carried on. I'm happy the saga is over, in all honesty, but sad to see his playing days come to a close.

Wallace staff profile - didn't seem great at first viewing, but at the beginning of the new season, his stats shot up. Something I have never seen happen so quick with a staff profile.

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - Group Stage \0/

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - 4th in group stage

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - Knockbreda, 279th | N. Ireland, 33rd

Awards -

Novakinho - Young Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Squad Stats

Team Info

<STRIKE>Players of the Season</STRIKE>

I've decided to do a little something different here. No player stood out head and shoulder above the rest, but I do have a youth player from my academy who looks promising, and a Czech player that I signed that could potentially be amazing.

Peter Bohm - This guy looks phenominal. His stats are increasing rapidly, and the Ass Man gave me about 7 messages about how much he was impressed with his growth. Had a great season.

Graham Downey - EASILY the best player to come through my youth system (or so I thought, see next season). Not yet old enough to play for the club, which is annoying, but looks good.

Paul "pele" Wallace - turned 39 this year. Still managed to get 27 goals this season. Due to his retirement, didn't make the Season best 11, which meant his stats didn't get included in the Overall Best 11. Which was annoying.

Season Summary

A great great season. Champions League group stage, and a good domestic season. The thing most impressive, was the quality of players I have at my club.

History

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 23 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 19

Club Co-Efficient, 279th

Nation Co-Efficient, 33rd

Knockbreda Update

Weird goings on......

I've had a lot of strange things happen to me over the last 3 months of the game. Here they are. (explanation's as to why would be great icon14.gif )

1. Stadium Expansion. a massive 7500 seats this season. I thought when they only bumped it up by a few each time (1000/2000) it was due to the capacity being neared (cue, new stadium).

2. Regens. Last season I got Downey, this season I got a guy called Smylie. He is an AMC and has Phenominal stats for a 16 year old from my youth ranks. My training / youth facilities did get updated to the best last season, and I also had a Youth Academy installed, but I didn't actually think it made THAT much of a difference.

3. Coach/Scout reports. The players I had at my club were all ranked between 5* and 7*. however, toward the end of the season, these dropped to 3* to 4* and they though the players were pretty much no longer worthy to play for my club. Guys who I thought were irreplaceable at the club are rated as "A decent player".

4. "Player search screen" / Scout reports. The value of players interested in my club last season, ranged from about £500 to £900 at the top end of the spectrum. For some reason this season, its now around the £2,200,000 mark. I know I got into the CL Group stages this season, but it didn't have that much effect when I got in last time around. (although that was about 10 seasons ago).

5. Odds. - now, last season, I was ranked at evens to win the league. Every season prior to that since I can remember, I was also ranked at Evens. This season, I was ranked 6-4 on to win the league. In the Champs League last season, they ranked me 5000-1. This season, they ranked me at 33-1. Generally in the matches in the league, I was ranked about evens to win most games, with the odd game at 3-1 on, 4-1 on or 5-1 on, but that was rare, usually in cup games or against the lowly teams in the league, but now I'm being ranked at about 1-5 to 1-14 on to win EVERY game.

6. Media commment's - in relation to the Odds, the media comments are along the lines of "Knockbreda fans expect big win". Even if I win 3-0 or 4-0 the response is "Knockbreda fans unhappy" because I ONLY one by that amount.! I beat 1 team 9-0 and the match confidence bar was only 3/4's full. This is bizarre.

7. General match goings on. - I seem to be winning matches a lot easier now.beating teams in the league 6-0 or better, and doing a LOT better against European teams. (Beat Ajax 4-0 at home in the CL Qual 3rd Rd, and lost 3-0 away).

There are 2 things I can think of as to why this has happened.

1. I installed 8.0.2 patch mid-season last season, and on the league reset date, it had a massive effect on my club somehow.

2. 3 other clubs in the league (Limavady, Glentoran, Linfield) have turned Pro since last season, and this had some impact toward the league in some way.

Please help.! I'm at ends as to why this is happening.!

Mighty_Munchkin - welcome to the challenge. i think you'll find it enjoyable - most of us do icon14.gif

Gundo - decent first season there - i'd like to say i'd settle for that at the end of my season, but after my good start i'm dreaming of a promotion shot... icon_wink.gif Ringstad should certainly help you move forward next season i reckon.

babyburns - unlucky in Belarus. i'm sure you'll find a club that appreciates your talents icon_wink.gif scandanavia is good i've heard.... icon_smile.gif

Nepenthez, i think the main thing regarding the quality of player you can bring to the club will be that the league rep may have gone up again if more teams are professional... the patch may have made a difference, but wouldn't be the only factor i think.

with regard to regens, i'd hope that excellent facilities breed excellent youth prospects. the same goes for training facilities, and the quality of player you can sign i think.

i think your champions league form will also have played a part. champions league brings exposure, which players want. i was reading an article about a braziliam footballer who plays in Israel - he basically said that he went there as he can play in the champions league qualifiers which means he'll get exposure, and hopefully a move to a bigger club. maybe that's happening with you, which is why 'better' players are willing to join you.

your coaches may now think your players are as good because your club has 'moved up a level' and so they aren't now as good as those which should be playing for a club of your size??

they are just my thoughts...

Korsnas IF FK 2008- 8th

A much better first season with Korsnas, a strong mid season run saw us reach giddy heights of 4th before an end of season slump meant we finished in 8th. However Im please to have a squad I'm confident will stay up, and I can go from here to strengthen and push up the Table.

Without a doubt the star man was loanee Mats Lundin, who despite pretty average attributes racked up 23 goals.

The Finances remain in poor shape, but I am well below my wage budget so all I can do from here is push for better results to bring in the punters.

I'm still struggling to attract players of nexessary quality to push up the table, any tips?

@Nep - I haven't installed 8.0.2 yet (waiting until my new rig arrives) but almost all of the things you're mentioning are the affect of an increase in your club's reputation. Obviously something from 8.02 made your club's reputation jump significantly (which is probably where it should have been a while ago considering your level of dominance.) The match odds are a dead giveaway, as they in particular are derived almost entirely from club reputation. The reevaluation of your club's players would support this as well, as well as the value of available players.

Originally posted by pjtopor:

@Nep - I haven't installed 8.0.2 yet (waiting until my new rig arrives) but almost all of the things you're mentioning are the affect of an increase in your club's reputation. Obviously something from 8.02 made your club's reputation jump significantly (which is probably where it should have been a while ago considering your level of dominance.) The match odds are a dead giveaway, as they in particular are derived almost entirely from club reputation. The reevaluation of your club's players would support this as well, as well as the value of available players.

Thanks for your input. Only thing is, nothing was mentioned in the change list about club reputation being altered. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by AztecCrute:

Korsnas IF FK 2008- 8th

A much better first season with Korsnas, a strong mid season run saw us reach giddy heights of 4th before an end of season slump meant we finished in 8th. However Im please to have a squad I'm confident will stay up, and I can go from here to strengthen and push up the Table.

Without a doubt the star man was loanee Mats Lundin, who despite pretty average attributes racked up 23 goals.

The Finances remain in poor shape, but I am well below my wage budget so all I can do from here is push for better results to bring in the punters.

I'm still struggling to attract players of nexessary quality to push up the table, any tips?

have you had your scouts out scouting sweden?? it's a must to be honest, especially in the early days.

have you tried budget adjusting to raise some transfer funds? praising players can sometimes make them more inclined to join you, although don't do it too much.

also, do you filter in searches where you 'filter out unrealistic targets?' if so, take this off and then look at loans, as players might consider coming in on loan, but would never move permanently. these are filtered out when you tick the box.

also, do i take it you have a parent club? if so, raid their B teams and youth squads - see if there's anyone there willing to come to you.

hope this helps...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AztecCrute:

Korsnas IF FK 2008- 8th

have you had your scouts out scouting sweden?? it's a must to be honest, especially in the early days.

have you tried budget adjusting to raise some transfer funds? praising players can sometimes make them more inclined to join you, although don't do it too much.

also, do you filter in searches where you 'filter out unrealistic targets?' if so, take this off and then look at loans, as players might consider coming in on loan, but would never move permanently. these are filtered out when you tick the box.

also, do i take it you have a parent club? if so, raid their B teams and youth squads - see if there's anyone there willing to come to you.

hope this helps... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks very much for your help, I didn't realise the unrealistic option was only for transfers, so when looking for loanees in future I will untick it. Also thanks for the tips on praising and adjusting budgets. I do have a parent team and I get what I can from them, but not many tend to be keen.

Thanks again.

I don't over to Norway as much as I'd like, so I'd be interested to know; who do you think are young up and coming young players in Norway at present irl?

I'm a fan of Aram Khalli and Per Ciljan Skjelbred at Rosenborg, I think they both will turn out to be very good players. Thumbs Up

Very nice, Gundo. You seem very updated on Norwegian players.

There is some good talent in Norway these days, but some of our best youngsters are already picked up by English and Scottish teams (e.g. Nordtveit at Arsenal)

Good talents at home is Vadim Demidov and Michael Jamtfall at Rosenborg, Per Egil Flo at Sogndal, Tarik Elyounossi at Fredrikstad and John Anders Rise at HamKam.

Hopefully they will blossom.

There are som good youngsters at Start, but I doubt any of them are better than Stian Ringstad icon_wink.gif

Up and coming is also Martin Holmen, Moss and Bardh Shala, VÃ¥lerenga.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't over to Norway as much as I'd like, so I'd be interested to know; who do you think are young up and coming young players in Norway at present irl?

I'm a fan of Aram Khalli and Per Ciljan Skjelbred at Rosenborg, I think they both will turn out to be very good players. Thumbs Up

Very nice, Gundo. You seem very updated on Norwegian players.

There is some good talent in Norway these days, but some of our best youngsters are already picked up by English and Scottish teams (e.g. Nordtveit at Arsenal)

Good talents at home is Vadim Demidov and Michael Jamtfall at Rosenborg, Per Egil Flo at Sogndal, Tarik Elyounossi at Fredrikstad and John Anders Rise at HamKam.

Hopefully they will blossom.

There are som good youngsters at Start, but I doubt any of them are better than Stian Ringstad icon_wink.gif

Up and coming is also Martin Holmen, Moss and Bardh Shala, VÃ¥lerenga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting, some players to look out for there as Randaberg rise up through the leagues. icon_biggrin.gif

Bardh Shala was in our division playing for VÃ¥lerenga 2, he scored 13 in 13 games! and had an average rating of 7.46. icon14.gif

Bardh Shala was in our division playing for VÃ¥lerenga 2, he scored 13 in 13 games! and had an average rating of 7.46. Thumbs Up

Shala and Ringstad could a major force then.

You better ask that board for more money icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by catesy2021:

Hi

I have been following this challenge for some time and I think it is time to give this ago. I have plumped for Russia, not sure why. Heres my profile

I have chose to manage:

Energia Volzhskiy

I hope these links work, first time i have tried this.

Welcome and best of luck. icon14.gif

Hi

I have been following this challenge for some time and I think it is time to give this ago. I have plumped for Russia, not sure why. Heres my profile

I have chose to manage:

Energia Volzhskiy

I hope these links work, first time i have tried this.

Welcome and good luck! If you have any questions just ask, everyone here's dead friendly and willing to help out.

Look forward to hearing about your progress, Forza Energia Volzhskiy!

Gundo, looks like Stian isn't coming to KFUM Oslo any time soon... need £100k to sign him and isn't much chance of that happening. asked for more transfer money but none in the pot... icon_frown.gif going to have to battle on without him.

also missed out on Myhre - he went to another random team for £1k, for less wages... the crazy fool!! icon_biggrin.gif

Evening gents

Apologies for my quietness on the forum of late, I just can't bring myself to post my mediocrity! The Slovenian Second Division has to be one of the hardest to get out of I've played in yet! Each year the team relegated from the First Division comes down and wins pretty much every game in our division, meaning the best realistic hope is to come 2nd then go through the lottery of the playoffs! I'm getting closer, but I'm already in my 5th season in charge would you believe! When and if I do get promoted I'll backdate all the league tables and you can see how I've done.

In short

Slovenian Second Division

2008/2009 - 8th

2009/2010 - 7th

2010/2011 - 7th

2011/2012 - 6th

Currently in 3rd place

Fingers Crossed! I can see me having a 20 year career just getting promoted!

So as per CoachFlu's suggestion, getting knocked out on goal difference in the Group Stage has turned out to be quite a blessing for the Hetman faithful... we managed to pick up the UEFA Cup scalps of Palermo, Deportivo la Coruna, and Getafe, in that order. Each one a shock, though oddly, each team was worse than its predecessor.

That progression continues, as we drew Red Star Belgrade - a team we dumped out of the Champions League in the Qualifying rounds two seasons ago in the semifinal. The first leg, at OSiR, was a bloodbath, with Hetman dominating the Serbian side 3-0. The second leg, still to come. Barring a total collapse (which is far from inconcievable) we should reach the final.

Unfortunately, the winners of this tie get... Man Utd or Roma. So I'd say its highly likely this run ends without silverware. Still, to think we're in with a chance of winning the UEFA Cup, surely the run should do wonders for our reputation, if not the club's coffers, not to mention our European coefficient.

A 5-2 thrashing of Red Star in Belgrade sees us draw Roma in the final.

Not encouraging when a look at their squad is a virtual who's-who of the good player forum.

Ah well, as they say over here, they don't play the games on paper. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by pjtopor:

A 5-2 thrashing of Red Star in Belgrade sees us draw Roma in the final.

Not encouraging when a look at their squad is a virtual who's-who of the good player forum.

Ah well, as they say over here, they don't play the games on paper. icon_wink.gif

good luck icon14.gif as they say, "football is a funny old game..." you never know. icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

Energia Volzhskiy is certainly going to be a challenge. I’m predicted to go down and my Assistant doesn’t think much of my squad. I thought I pulled off a right coup when I got Spartak Moscow as a parent club. They even obliged by sending generally good players. Two strikers, and a goalkeeper who were miles better then anyone else in my squad. Unfortunately a board take over went through, which saw a director promoted from inside. He cancelled the link with Spartak, and sent the loan players home.

This happened 3 days before the registration window closed, with the only other player I managed to bring in being a 22-year-old centre back on a free.

Pre-season results were promising. I put in some good performances against top division sides easing my concern about the quality of the squad.

So far I have played 5 games in to the season. I have picked up 2 wins and 3 defeats with the defeats coming against those sides at the top of the league after the 5 games. Unfortunately the two teams I have beaten are currently propping up the rest of the league. All the games have been close and as I continue to tweak my tactics I feel confident I can stay up.

Financially the club isn’t great. While I’m currently in the black I have yet to turn a profit, but with the league just starting I’m hoping to boost my profits as the season goes on. I’m only spending around 2.8 of my 8.9 wage budget so I have to find another way to make money.

One last note, in the 3 months I have been in charge all my players have improved. I have yet to receive a message informing me of a player disappointing in training. This could be down to the fact I am already a pro-club. Saying that all my players are on semi-pro contracts.

I’m just hoping to survive this year and try and keep the finances normal. Hopefully I can fine a couple of decent players on a free and push on next year.

Thanks for the kind words.

Energia Volzhskiy is certainly going to be a challenge. I’m predicted to go down and my Assistant doesn’t think much of my squad. I thought I pulled off a right coup when I got Spartak Moscow as a parent club. They even obliged by sending generally good players. Two strikers, and a goalkeeper who were miles better then anyone else in my squad. Unfortunately a board take over went through, which saw a director promoted from inside. He cancelled the link with Spartak, and sent the loan players home.

This happened 3 days before the registration window closed, with the only other player I managed to bring in being a 22-year-old centre back on a free.

Pre-season results were promising. I put in some good performances against top division sides easing my concern about the quality of the squad.

So far I have played 5 games in to the season. I have picked up 2 wins and 3 defeats with the defeats coming against those sides at the top of the league after the 5 games. Unfortunately the two teams I have beaten are currently propping up the rest of the league. All the games have been close and as I continue to tweak my tactics I feel confident I can stay up.

Financially the club isn’t great. While I’m currently in the black I have yet to turn a profit, but with the league just starting I’m hoping to boost my profits as the season goes on. I’m only spending around 2.8 of my 8.9 wage budget so I have to find another way to make money.

One last note, in the 3 months I have been in charge all my players have improved. I have yet to receive a message informing me of a player disappointing in training. This could be down to the fact I am already a pro-club. Saying that all my players are on semi-pro contracts.

I’m just hoping to survive this year and try and keep the finances normal. Hopefully I can fine a couple of decent players on a free and push on next year.

unlucky with the take-over mate... must have been a real kick in the teeth to have that link cancelled and lose the players. that close to the end of the transfer window too.

hoever, you do seem to have made a decent start. the key to any first season is survival. achieve that and you can then normally spring on a bit. the transfer window should also enable you to improve in quality a bit.

good luck with the rest of the season icon14.gif

A strange thing is going on with Stian Ringstad. We bought him for 65k 4 months ago and just in Pre-season in my second year and he's now valued at 6k! icon_confused.gif

Better news on him however is that his work rate has gone from 4 when he joined to 6 currently! I'm delighted with this rise and hopefully the coaching staff will be able to eek a couple more points out of him in that category. icon14.gif

14/15 - Hetman Zamosc - Polish First Division

League Position - Champions

TABLE

Polish FA Cup - Winners (v. Gornik Zabrze)

Polish League Cup - Winners (v. Wisla)

Polish Super Cup - Winners (v. Gornik Zabrze)

Champions League - 3rd in Group E

UEFA Cup - Final (v. Roma)

Fans Player of the Season - Seydou Konate

My Player of the Season - Bozo Tadic

Well surely, the greatest season in club history, then. We ran away with the league (2 of the draws and 1 of the losses came in the post-clinching duldrums,) and we swept the domestic cups (winning the FA Cup for the first time.) The real story was in Europe, where we qualified with relative ease for the Champions League, and finished a creditable 3rd, missing out on the knockout rounds only on goal difference and beating Inter along the way. That put us in the UEFA cup, where we made even more history, beating Palermo, Deportivo la Coruna, Getafe and Red Star Belgrade in a magical run to the final. The magic dried up, as Roma thrashed us handily, 1-4 in the final, but it did wonders for the club's reputation and coefficient, not to mention the coffers. All in all the most satisfying season I've ever had.

The squad was night and day from last season. Many of the players made significant strides (particularly considering how much was lost with the install of 8.0.2 midseason) and we had a couple of players develop into out and out stars. Interestingly, because we stayed in Europe all season, and I'm a bit of a zealot when in comes to rotation (at least once I have a squad,) we ended up having one team for Europe and cups, and one team for the league. I didn't precisely do it that way, but very nearly. Because of this, the aforementioned Tadic was the UEFA cup top scorer, and I placed more players in the season awards than I ever have before. Because he doesn't come up anywhere else in this report, here's a shot of my top playmaker - Dusan Nedeljkovic.

Hetman's Domestic Awards Haul:

Manager of the Season

Team of the Season

Player of the Season

Young Player of the Season

Obviously, we were quite profitable. All the cup success was an economic boon, and we're making another stadium upgrade - 4650 seats, as well as training facilities upgrade number 4 in 2015. I doubt we'll have anything like this again, so the 6 months we're down 2140 seats is really going to hurt, particulatly considering Europe is played during those 6 months and I don't anticipate spring European football again. Anyway, here's the finance screen:

FINANCES

Here's the info screen at beginning of the new season:

INFO

Table Info:

Domestic Title x5

Club coefficient 39.395, 64th, up 165!

Nation coefficient 13.917, 27th, down 5

Hetman Zamosc

2008/2009 - Polish Second Division - 10th, FA Cup - 1st round

2009/2010 - Polish Second Division - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd round

2010/2011 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - Quarterfinals

2011/2012 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinal, League Cup - Semi Final, Champs League - 3rd Qualifying Round, UEFA Cup - 1st Round

2012/2013 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Final, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage

2013/2014 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Quarterfinals, League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 3rd Qual. Rnd., UEFA Cup - 1st Round.

2014/2015 - Polish First Division - 1st, FA Cup - Winners, League Cup - Winners, Champions Leage - Group Stage, UEFA Cup - Final

Promotion odds have just been announced and Randaberg are 6-4 joint favorites. The Board wants promotion so anything else simply won't be good enough.

We've just signed our best known player in the shape of a 39 year old Roar Strand, slow as a snail but still. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

Promotion odds have just been announced and Randaberg are 6-4 joint favorites. The Board wants promotion so anything else simply won't be good enough.

We've just signed our best known player in the shape of a 39 year old Roar Strand, slow as a snail but still. icon_cool.gif

pressures on then... good luck!! icon14.gif as for Ringstad, who cares what his value is... he's still priceless!! icon_biggrin.gif

Livadia 08/09 Belarus First League

First season finished and i suppose its job done. Avoid Relegation. Thats as good as it gets really. Awful away record (won 1) and knocked out of the cup 1st round. Hightlight of the season is three good signings, albeit 2 on loan

Belarus First League

Khachaturyan

Rushnitskiy

Shilo

Archived