Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

other players of note include Kim Andre Madsen who weighed in with a number of goals from corners, and klinge who was named fans player of the season. i would probably have chosen Madsen as my player of the season.

Best XI 2008

Madsen was so good he was named twice in your Best XI! That's some achievement... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rlipscombe on a side note, are you using the corner challenge gk bug exploit? I don't won't anyone using that really in this challenge. I think as I see it if you don't use the challenge gk instruction you won't have see problem.

I'll get dafuge to add some form warning in the guidelines I think.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

other players of note include Kim Andre Madsen who weighed in with a number of goals from corners, and klinge who was named fans player of the season. i would probably have chosen Madsen as my player of the season.

Best XI 2008

Madsen was so good he was named twice in your Best XI! That's some achievement... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rlipscombe on a side note, are you using the corner challenge gk bug exploit? I don't won't anyone using that really in this challenge. I think as I see it if you don't use the challenge gk instruction you won't have see problem.

I'll get dafuge to add some form warning in the guidelines I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be honest, i'm not 100% certain. my tactic is an amended version of one i downloaded. i think he just attacks the 6-yard box rather than challenge the GK... i'll check, and if it is, i'll amend it. i knew that there was a bug of sorts, but i didn't know what it was... i don't want to 'cheat' so to speak, so i will check.

with regards to familiar players, i might have had a look at the squad you had at start of your original game for a few pointers... icon_wink.gif knew of the reputation of Myhre, and of course Ringstad so determined to get those two. i think there might be a couple of others you had, but i've tried to make it my team...

As for Madsen appearing twice, it did feel like he was that good sometimes... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

Best XI 2008

I'll get dafuge to add some form warning in the guidelines I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be honest, i'm not 100% certain. my tactic is an amended version of one i downloaded. i think he just attacks the 6-yard box rather than challenge the GK... i'll check, and if it is, i'll amend it. i knew that there was a bug of sorts, but i didn't know what it was... i don't want to 'cheat' so to speak, so i will check.

with regards to familiar players, i might have had a look at the squad you had at start of your original game for a few pointers... icon_wink.gif knew of the reputation of Myhre, and of course Ringstad so determined to get those two. i think there might be a couple of others you had, but i've tried to make it my team...

As for Madsen appearing twice, it did feel like he was that good sometimes... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Myhre and Ringstad won't disappoint. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Best XI 2008

As for Madsen appearing twice, it did feel like he was that good sometimes... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Myhre and Ringstad won't disappoint. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope not!!

So here I am.

I chose to play with Lappeenrannan Rakuunat of Finland, since that's the best team in my hometown. I don't have Russian as my second nationality, but since we've had more Russian than Finnish players in the team for past two seasons, I found adding the second nationality reasonable.

As you can see, the stadium is fairly big but everyting else needs to be worked on. I don't know what the club's reputation is, but we're by far the lowest valued team in the Finnish 1st division.

Financially we're poor. There's no debt, but the balance is 46 000 € and there's no transfer budget.

This is the squad I'm starting with. Saarelma was a member of Chelsea's academy, he should be a good player for this level. Kiili is decent, the rest are crap.

My goal for first season is to avoid relegation and improve squad. I'll try to bring in talented youth after the season if I can. I don't mind spending a few seasons on the first division. If I can gather talent the life on Premier division will be much easier after I'm promoted.

The stadium can hold 6000 people. With my seaon ticket sales, it won't be sold out for a while.

Off we go!

At the start of the game I only had assistant manager and 1st team coach.

I signed Gennadi Judin from GBK to act as a player/coach. He's slow and weak,but he's cheap, he can play multiple positions, and he's got knowledge of several countries. He isn't that great coach, but for 70 € / week he's ok.

I also signed a physio, one scout and a Scottish coach from KuFu. Mr. Sweeney has 13 on coaching goalkeepers, so that's his responsibility. This is my current staff.

Genandi Judin was a great signing, my scouting knowledge is quite impressive.

My Nafkom Brovary (Ukraine) save corrupted so I am going to start again in a differnt country. Although I don't know where yet, I was thinking Wales but decided against it because they have only one division. Can anyone give some advice on a good place to start( apart from Eastern Europe)?

Cheers

Originally posted by gers51:

My Nafkom Brovary (Ukraine) save corrupted so I am going to start again in a differnt country. Although I don't know where yet, I was thinking Wales but decided against it because they have only one division. Can anyone give some advice on a good place to start( apart from Eastern Europe)?

Cheers

I don't know what to suggest tbh as I've only had experience in one nation (Norway). N.Ireland is the most popular place to manage and I've heard good things from the people managing in Belgium. Poland, Denmark and Sweden of the rest I'd say are deserving of a mention. icon14.gif

saab693 - NK Verzej - Slovenian Second Division - 2013/2014

Ah season 6 in this wretched division! For those who are interested, here's how we've pottered along!.

Well, the (semi) good news is that we did alright this season. It was still so so close throughout the campaign and if it wasn't for us having Bonifika at home on the second to last game of the season, we probably wouldn't have finished 2nd. They actually had a goal disallowed in the 85 minute and if it wasn't for that, we'd be preparing for season 7! I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has been one of the toughest leagues to get out of that I've played in and all credit to those who were promoted so quickly!

Anyway, the drama of course isn't over! Having toiled all season I now have a 2 leg playoff game against Gorica who came second bottom in the First Division. From what I've seen, there's a huge gap between Second and First so I won't be at all surprised if a spanking is coming my way!

Update to follow shortly . . . .

the drama of course isn't over! Having toiled all season I now have a 2 leg playoff game against Gorica who came second bottom in the First Division. From

Good luck saab. I lost in Norwegian play off promotion last year. Gulf in class is massive.

Yep you're right mate!

First Leg

Could have been worse! We wouldn't have beaten these boys in a month of Sundays! They outclassed us! We scored first which gave me a glimmer of hope but that was followed by an immediate equaliser and two penalties given away by my centrbacks icon_mad.gif. The sending off was the icing on the cake really!

I'll post the result of the second leg when it's done, but I'm 95% sure it'll be season 7 in the Second Division.

Limhamns IF, 2008

League table. Despite losing only one game, it wasn't until the last game that we clinched the title and secured promotion.

Squad.

Top scorer, best AvR. Started as left midfielder, but after 3 games and Kamhie's injury played as a striker 'till the end of season.

Finances are in poor condition. I will release some backup players and hope for good youngsters being promoted to lower the wage bill.

Team info. How long does it take to finish board takeover? We've been in this state since pre-season and no progress is being made.

At least it was close.....!

Ah the 9-1 aggregate defeat. never a happy time for a manager. I'm really not sure what I think about this system of getting promoted. On the one hand I do think we've had a great season and deserve something out of it but on the other hand, if I'm getting thumped 6-0 at HOME by the second worst team in the division, then it would have made for an incredibly miserable season if I had gone up. So fair's fair really, the playoff gives you a taster of the top tier and if I'm that far from the current standard then I need to regroup and try again.

My only real concern is the lack of better players available to me. Tactically I'm quite happy with my set up but the difference in personnel is a big concern. I'll have to see who I can bring in over the transfer window then try and push for the top spot in the division so I don't have the playoff lottery next time! Saying that, the team that usually wins our division is so much better than us I'm not sure coming 1st is a viable option!

Lot's to think about at NK Verzej....

Originally posted by saab693:

At least it was close.....!

Ah the 9-1 aggregate defeat. never a happy time for a manager. I'm really not sure what I think about this system of getting promoted. On the one hand I do think we've had a great season and deserve something out of it but on the other hand, if I'm getting thumped 6-0 at HOME by the second worst team in the division, then it would have made for an incredibly miserable season if I had gone up. So fair's fair really, the playoff gives you a taster of the top tier and if I'm that far from the current standard then I need to regroup and try again.

My only real concern is the lack of better players available to me. Tactically I'm quite happy with my set up but the difference in personnel is a big concern. I'll have to see who I can bring in over the transfer window then try and push for the top spot in the division so I don't have the playoff lottery next time! Saying that, the team that usually wins our division is so much better than us I'm not sure coming 1st is a viable option!

Lot's to think about at NK Verzej....

Unlucky mate. I felt the same way as you. If thats the second worse team do not fancy getting a thrashing every week.

I have written promotion off this year as Stomsgodset and Viking are running away with the league and still getting 13000 crowds.

I can only prey to sneak 3rd again and fluke a play off. I am currently in 4th, 3 points behind Lynn but doing well in the cup.

I have written promotion off this year as Stomsgodset and Viking are running away with the league and still getting 13000 crowds.

I can only prey to sneak 3rd again and fluke a play off. I am currently in 4th, 3 points behind Lynn but doing well in the cup.

Come on. It is about time Horten gets a Premiership team again!

People needs to see those beautiful brown shirts taking on Europe. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gers51:

Cheers

I don't know what to suggest tbh as I've only had experience in one nation (Norway). N.Ireland is the most popular place to manage and I've heard good things from the people managing in Belgium. Poland, Denmark and Sweden of the rest I'd say are deserving of a mention. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for that icon14.gif decided to go for N.I. and am just holidaying the game now

Table | Promotion

YAHOO!!! I gained promotion the second time in a row. as you can see from the table, it was an earned promotion. three teams seriously challenged for the title on the last day and I have come on top as a result of my previous 1 point lead in the table. I was planning on being in this league for at least one or two years, but I advanced quickly it seems to the Superettan. Now the challenge is actually attracting and keeping good players.

Best Eleven | Best Player

The Best eleven for the team were fantastic and I couldn't believe I actually got some of the players. I should note that I had 5 loans and the best player, who's contract with his mother team runs out a month after he leaves my club is my major target to land as a permemant member. if you ask me, I want all of them permenentaly but some of the loaned players were so good, they may actually make it to their own teams first squad.

Apart from the that, nothing changed from last season as far as tactics and training. it would be curious to see if the club turns professional next season though....

Wish me luck and hopefully next season goes the way the past seasons went. by the way, what is the record number of consecutive promotions? i am just curious

Originally posted by Suma:

Table | Promotion

YAHOO!!! I gained promotion the second time in a row. as you can see from the table, it was an earned promotion. three teams seriously challenged for the title on the last day and I have come on top as a result of my previous 1 point lead in the table. I was planning on being in this league for at least one or two years, but I advanced quickly it seems to the Superettan. Now the challenge is actually attracting and keeping good players.

Best Eleven | Best Player

The Best eleven for the team were fantastic and I couldn't believe I actually got some of the players. I should note that I had 5 loans and the best player, who's contract with his mother team runs out a month after he leaves my club is my major target to land as a permemant member. if you ask me, I want all of them permenentaly but some of the loaned players were so good, they may actually make it to their own teams first squad.

Apart from the that, nothing changed from last season as far as tactics and training. it would be curious to see if the club turns professional next season though....

Wish me luck and hopefully next season goes the way the past seasons went. by the way, what is the record number of consecutive promotions? i am just curious

Congrats on another promotion. icon14.gif As for record number of consecutive promotions, I'm unsure?

Suma well done matey! Good to see someone's getting promoted nice and easily!

jameslowe thanks for the condolances mate, glad to hear I'm not the only one too! Ah well, if this was easy it wouldn't be a challenge hehe

I reckon I must have set the record for seasons in a row in a lower division. 7 for christ's sake, what am I playing at!

Bluejacket, if you don't want people to see your name, it's probably easiest to give yourself a nickname whenever you're wanting to take screenshots. Saves the hassle of editing every single one with paint icon14.gif

Aah ok, that's new to me.

Originally posted by saab693:

jameslowe thanks for the condolances mate, glad to hear I'm not the only one too! Ah well, if this was easy it wouldn't be a challenge hehe

I reckon I must have set the record for seasons in a row in a lower division. 7 for christ's sake, what am I playing at!

You are definitely getting close icon_biggrin.gif. Think Annihilator had 8 seasons in the Swiss Challenge League (and got relegated in his first top flight season), and I am just starting my 8th there as well (7th season round up to come soon). And I presume I won't be going up this season either. Nor the season after.

Good luck with escaping, you have already got closer to promotion than I have so far.

And a belated unlucky CoachFlu, it must be 3rd time lucky. Surely.

I ended up 6th on the First division on my first season. I'm happy with that, I was predicted to finish 13th.

There weren't any major slumps, I usually won few games, lost one and won few again.

Here's a summary of the season.

I started building my team with lot of trials, and it worked out OK. The squad average age is now 22, but I think I have 5 players who are older than 20.

I had tackling set for normal for every player for the whole season. I still managed to get a lot of yellow cards. I did quite well on the individual yellow card statistic as well.

My strikers scored quite well, I'm the only team to have 2 guys at the top-10 scorers list.

Finances looks good at the end of October. However the first real game won't be until the end of April, so I'll lose lot of money to wages.

Goals for next season:

- gather more young talent

- improve finances by selling a player or two or by doing well at the Finnish Cup

- finish in the top-3 at the final standings

Just had my 100th game in charge of Orn Horten. Was the last league game of the season and I finished a respectful 5th but 2 places lower then last year.

My 101st game however will be in the Norwegian Cup Final!!!!

I am playing Molde however who are top of the Premier League.

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Just had my 100th game in charge of Orn Horten. Was the last league game of the season and I finished a respectful 5th but 2 places lower then last year.

If they're top of the Premier League, is that guaranteed european football for you next season, even if you lose?

Best of luck in the final!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

If they're top of the Premier League, is that guaranteed european football for you next season, even if you lose?

Best of luck in the final! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it does. At least that's the case in Belgium, not sure if it's different in other countries.

Had very kind draws in the Cup mixed with some big performances.

1st Round - Home to Stromsgodest who got promoted to the Premier League this year. We won 2v0.

2nd Round - Home to non-league Sogne. We won 3v1.

3rd Round - Home to non-league Froyland. We won 4v0.

4th Round - Away to Lorenskog who are in the second division. We won 4v2.

1/4 Final- Away to SFK Sparta who are mid-table First Division and we won on penalties after a 1v1 draw.

1/2 Final - Away to Aalesand who just avoided relegation from the Premier League. We won 2v1 after being 1v0 down and scored the winner in the 86th minute.

2016/2017 - Hetman Zamosc - Euro Update

Champions League Group E

Well, worked out better than I'd hoped but not as well as it could have. The away matches to Arsenal were losses, period. We managed to beat Nurnberg 3-1 at OSiR and 2-4 in the return fixture in Germany, those were also never in doubt. The mildly depressing part is we had a 2-1 lead at home to Arsenal in the 80th minute before losing 2-3, and we had a 2-2 into injury time at home vs Roma with 10 men from the 25th minute before conceding for the 2-3. If those results held, we'd have qualified for the knockout rounds.

Regardless, UEFA Cup football can only be good for our coefficient, and its mildly possible we'll rate a seeding for our 1st knockout round opponent, which might continue to boost our ratings. All told, if I can continue to fight off the frustration and doldrums while putting together a few good rep building European runs, we might be only 5-6 years from being a contender, rather than the previously thought 10-15.

Season 2010 Review

League Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Holders - Strømsgodset

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Strømsgodset | | 30 | 25 | 4 | 1 | 65 | 12 | +53 | 79 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | P | Viking | | 30 | 21 | 8 | 1 | 71 | 27 | +44 | 71 |

| 3rd | | Lyn | | 30 | 19 | 6 | 5 | 70 | 30 | +40 | 63 |

| 4th | | Sogndal | | 30 | 16 | 7 | 7 | 68 | 36 | +32 | 55 |

| 5th | | Bryne | | 30 | 15 | 6 | 9 | 56 | 42 | +14 | 51 |

| 6th | | Ørn Horten | | 30 | 14 | 7 | 9 | 66 | 47 | +19 | 49 |

| 7th | | SFK Sparta | | 30 | 13 | 10 | 7 | 66 | 54 | +12 | 49 |

| 8th | | Haugesund | | 30 | 13 | 9 | 8 | 44 | 30 | +14 | 48 |

| 9th | | Kongsvinger | | 30 | 11 | 5 | 14 | 36 | 43 | -7 | 38 |

| 10th | | Raufoss | | 30 | 9 | 6 | 15 | 51 | 59 | -8 | 33 |

| 11th | | Bærum | | 30 | 7 | 9 | 14 | 40 | 53 | -13 | 30 |

| 12th | | Moss | | 30 | 6 | 10 | 14 | 24 | 46 | -22 | 28 |

| 13th | R | Tromsdalen | | 30 | 5 | 7 | 18 | 25 | 62 | -37 | 22 |

| 14th | R | Alta IF | | 30 | 5 | 7 | 18 | 25 | 72 | -47 | 22 |

| 15th | R | Byåsen | | 30 | 5 | 5 | 20 | 30 | 70 | -40 | 20 |

| 16th | R | Randaberg | | 30 | 2 | 2 | 26 | 33 | 87 | -54 | 8 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Cup Final

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 14.11.2010, Ullevål Stadion

| Ørn Horten | | Statistic | Molde | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 11 | Shots | | | 13 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 4 | On Target | | | 7 |

| 7 | Off Target | | | 6 |

| 46% | Possession | | | 54% |

| 2 | Corners | | | 1 |

| 6 | Free Kicks | | | 7 |

| 15 | Throw-Ins | | | 20 |

| 6 | Fouls | | | 3 |

| 1 | Offsides | | | 3 |

| 58% | Passes Completed | | | 75% |

| 17% | Crosses Completed | | | 35% |

| 70% | Tackles Won | | | 87% |

| 32% | Headers Won | | | 73% |

| 0 | Yellow Cards | | | 0 |

| 0 | Red Cards | | | 0 |

| | | | | |

</pre>

A fairly disappointing League season where I concentrated more on the cup. Shame about the Final but the Molde team is really good.

My young keeper Elias Valderhaug has earnt his first ever Norway U21 cap. He is now in the clubs favorite personnel list. He is only 20 and has made 50+ appearances for me so fat. If he stays with me for his career he will smash the appearances record for me. Still relying on the same Valerenga 2 players who have served me well for last couple of years. They all have Orn Norten as favorite club. Will try and get them back for next year as I don't want to blow money til I am in the Premier League.

Are you finding it particularly differcult to 'break' the professional teams in the league? I know first time round in this challenge with me it was really hard to compete with these pro teams when you remain semi-pro. You will break them though, just give it time. icon14.gif

Season tickets up from 225 to 264 this season. Hopefully I can get promotion this year. I feel my squad is coming of age. No really big fish in the league this year.

Odds for Norwegian First Division 2011

Lyn 7-4

Lillestrom 2-1

Stabaek 2-1

Sogndal 5-2

SFK Sparta 10-1

Bryne 10-1

Orn Horten 16-1

I think Stabaek could be the ones to beat this year.

Are you finding it particularly differcult to 'break' the professional teams in the league? I know first time round in this challenge with me it was really hard to compete with these pro teams when you remain semi-pro. You will break them though, just give it time. icon14.gif

Yeah the 2 teams relegated normally go straight back up.

Shows how hard it is to get back up when Lyn got relegated in 2007 and still not got premoted again. My target is 2nd this year. I would be happy with anything above 5th though.

Archived