Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AztecCrute:

Gundo, can I start posting season updates in a second season? Following my previous failures I roamed around the small countries until I found one I like and have settle on, but as I did so many I didn't screenshot the profile or any of the first season as I presumed I'd just be sacked again!

Your call, either way I'm massively enjoying the challenge in the game I've settled on!

We needed your profile screenshot really Aztec? What stage are you at right now? Any chance you could post your current profile now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just coming to the end of the second season with Killyleagh YC, and I've just completed a historic double! League and intermediate league cup, so I'm a happy man. These successes have messed up my profile so my rep is national and my attributes are obviously no longer all 10s. I can screenshot it now, or to be honest I'm happy just reading other people's progress and boring friends and family with mine!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AztecCrute:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AztecCrute:

Gundo, can I start posting season updates in a second season? Following my previous failures I roamed around the small countries until I found one I like and have settle on, but as I did so many I didn't screenshot the profile or any of the first season as I presumed I'd just be sacked again!

Your call, either way I'm massively enjoying the challenge in the game I've settled on!

We needed your profile screenshot really Aztec? What stage are you at right now? Any chance you could post your current profile now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just coming to the end of the second season with Killyleagh YC, and I've just completed a historic double! League and intermediate league cup, so I'm a happy man. These successes have messed up my profile so my rep is national and my attributes are obviously no longer all 10s. I can screenshot it now, or to be honest I'm happy just reading other people's progress and boring friends and family with mine! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I see. I don't have any experience of managing in N.Ireland so I don't know what it should be at that sage? Post It anyway and see what other people currently managing in N.Ireland think. icon14.gif

Ok first off I know I messed up not posting my profile, but I played a number of games in Denmark Sweden Iceland etc. without settling on one until now, so I didn't want to post profiles of every game, in retrospect I realise I should have kept screenies of them all just in case, and I totally understand if you exclude me!

Here's my current Profile

Here's the from the simulated year.

Here's the from my first year in charge.

I ran the game exactly by the rules, from set up (Northern Ireland, Division 2, No other players loaded etc.) to holidaying for a year, to manager set up (Sunday league reputation, my actual nationalities) To transfers and gameplay, only signing those I could scout or would come on trial.

If I am accepted in the challenge I will post a double season update from years one and two, as Im one game from finishing the second year.

Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone, no i have not disappeared and ended up on a Peruvian beach icon_wink.gif

It's very interesting reading everyone's experiences. I still keep up to date with how everyone is fairing. I'm currently attempting a career, in another thread, however my heart definitely lies in this challenge icon_wink.gif

My Skjetten team are likely to be rolled out fairly soon, just to see if they can replicate winning the Champs League.

All the best everyone, best of luck!

Gundo I will be back mate icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

KFUM Oslo - Norweigen Second Division Group 4 - Season 2009

Promotion secured at the second attempt! icon_biggrin.gif although we finished a close 2nd to Staebek 2, we won promotion to Adeccoligaen. our promotion was justified i feel, as we were always in the leading pack, and were always in the actual title challenge.

player of the season as far as the fans were concerned was Stian Ringstad. Stian scored 15 league goals in all and weighed in with a number of assists also. running him close in my eyes was Odion Ighalo, a young Nigerian loan signing from Lyn. Ighalo finished as the league's top goalscorer with 18, and formed a pretty successful strike partnership with Stian.

Other players of note from our promotion season were:

Jamil Fearrington - this Danish CB was signed on a free at the start of the season, and was a rock at the back. was definately out top defender of the season.

Goran Van Den Burgh - has been our first choice CM for the past two seasons, both of which have been on loan from Lyn, our parent club. I'm delighted Goran has returned for a third season. icon_smile.gif

Are Soderlund - Are is our 1st choice RM, and had another sucessful season. Are continues to attract a lot of interest from other clubs. i hope he is able to make the step up with us.

Per Christian Myhre - just for Gundo, icon_wink.gif here's a screenie of Myhre. started the season as 1st choice LM, became a bench player as the season wore on. still has a big future at the club - i think he'll relish the move up a league (hopefully)

Best XI Season 2009 - a bang on representation of our starting XI, except that van den Burgh didn't play twice. icon_rolleyes.gif should be Nordkvelle as AMC.

Overall Best XI - a fair representation of our best team overall. only Claesson, the GK i'd probably change, mainly as he has left the club for pastures new.

the only other news was the announcement of an expansion to our stadium. 3000 seats are being added at a cost of £4.5million!! icon_eek.gif not done our bank account much good!! seriously hampered my preparations for the new season - just need to hope there's a big investment of cash or i might be screwed!! icon_frown.gif we will spend the new season at a temporary home. i'm not totally convinced as to why we needed the expansion, as the capacity of the ground was 5000, and our average attendance is 350. something to do with league requirements maybe?? icon_confused.gif

aims for new season

- SURVIVE!!! survival has to be my only objective this season. with 4 teams relegated, it's gonna be tough (the media have predicted us to finish 16th out of 16...). i have managed to bring back Ighalo & van den burgh, and have also signed a few other promising loan signings.

- pray every day that the chairman is gonna throw £5million into the club's coffers. icon_rolleyes.gif

- keep hold of my top players. hopefully the chairman won't start accepting bids.

onwards and upwards the "Kaffa" march. Adeccoligaen, you have been warned!! icon_biggrin.gif

played my 1st pre-season friendly. for reasons best known to them, CSKA Moscow wanted to play us. i accepted, thinking of the money, but fearful of a battering. in the end, 4,500 people turned up to see us go down fighting 1-0.... gotta say i'm quite chuffed - we gave them a few scares!!

Livadia Belarussian First League Season 2011

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

After finishing 11th 3 seasons running changing my formation made a complete and unexpected difference. Progressed to the next round of the cup for the 1st time.

The best 2 players where both loan signings and i am hoping i may be able to prize Malyshev away from Minsk Res.

League Table

Position Graph

Alexandr Malyshev

Sergey Tsigalko

Difficult season ahead now so fingers crosses!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know how/when my team will turn proffesional?

Originally posted by RecliamTheKop:

Livadia Belarussian First League Season 2011

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

After finishing 11th 3 seasons running changing my formation made a complete and unexpected difference. Progressed to the next round of the cup for the 1st time.

The best 2 players where both loan signings and i am hoping i may be able to prize Malyshev away from Minsk Res.

League Table

Position Graph

Alexandr Malyshev

Sergey Tsigalko

Difficult season ahead now so fingers crosses!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know how/when my team will turn proffesional?

congrats!! icon14.gif Malyshev looks like a quality player!! good luck getting him again.... as for professional status, i think it normally happens when bank balance reaches a certain level, depending on the country. never had a team go professional though, so i don't know for certain!!

Originally posted by AztecCrute:

Ok first off I know I messed up not posting my profile, but I played a number of games in Denmark Sweden Iceland etc. without settling on one until now, so I didn't want to post profiles of every game, in retrospect I realise I should have kept screenies of them all just in case, and I totally understand if you exclude me!

Here's my current Profile

Here's the from the simulated year.

Here's the from my first year in charge.

I ran the game exactly by the rules, from set up (Northern Ireland, Division 2, No other players loaded etc.) to holidaying for a year, to manager set up (Sunday league reputation, my actual nationalities) To transfers and gameplay, only signing those I could scout or would come on trial.

If I am accepted in the challenge I will post a double season update from years one and two, as Im one game from finishing the second year.

Thanks for reading!

AztecCrute, I wasn't accusing you of anything untoward, I hope it didn't come across that way?

What you've provided is great and I will include your details on the challenge table now. Feel free to post your season one and two updates once the second season is over, I look forward to reading it. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Hi everyone, no i have not disappeared and ended up on a Peruvian beach icon_wink.gif

It's very interesting reading everyone's experiences. I still keep up to date with how everyone is fairing. I'm currently attempting a career, in another thread, however my heart definitely lies in this challenge icon_wink.gif

My Skjetten team are likely to be rolled out fairly soon, just to see if they can replicate winning the Champs League.

All the best everyone, best of luck!

Gundo I will be back mate icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

I thought you'd got lost in the Norwegian wilderness again whilst scouting the next Stian Ringstad. icon_biggrin.gif

rlipscombe Congrats again! icon14.gif Myhre looks pretty decent at just 18, great technique that will stand him in good stead for the future. icon14.gif

RecliamTheKop Congrats Livadia's promotion. icon14.gif

Thanks everyone. Didnt manage to sign Malyshev and he turned down a loan deal even though we are his Fav Club. Gutted!!! Ive got £500k in the bank and we're still semi pro. There is only 1 other team in the league who are also semi pro so it will be difficult for us to challenge full time clubs

Originally posted by RecliamTheKop:

Thanks everyone. Didnt manage to sign Malyshev and he turned down a loan deal even though we are his Fav Club. Gutted!!! Ive got £500k in the bank and we're still semi pro. There is only 1 other team in the league who are also semi pro so it will be difficult for us to challenge full time clubs

shame... can't say i'm too surprised though really. good luck next season. how many go down?

Gundo, just looked back at your 1st season in Adeccoligaen again - set the bar high!! also only just noticed that KFUM Oslo got relegated that season in your game... hope that's not an omen!! icon_biggrin.gif

how you getting on this season?

Originally posted by Gundo:

AztecCrute, I wasn't accusing you of anything untoward, I hope it didn't come across that way?

What you've provided is great and I will include your details on the challenge table now. Feel free to post your season one and two updates once the second season is over, I look forward to reading it. icon_smile.gif

Not at all Gundo, as Im sure you know it's easy for wires to get crossed on an internet forum, where what people write can be taken in many ways unintended by the writer. My reasons for posting about following the rules was just to let people know what the craic is with my game, not to defend myself!

Thanks for adding me to the table, I'm currently embarking on a glorious third season in charge but here's updates from my first two seasons.

Killeyleagh Y.C. 2008/9

Well after failing around Europe, Jono Crute decided to come home to Northern Ireland and have a go at Gundo's challenge in a better known environment. After simulating a year, Killyleagh were the only team to get promoted through the playoff system, and so after retiring never had a job gaffer "Man Ager" Jono Crute was created, and strolled out onto the green green grass of the Killyleagh Showgrounds. Already buzzing with excitement that can only come from managing the home town side of a certain King David Healy.

Setting himself a target of survival, and looking to build a squad that could compete with the best the following year, Crute achieved just that. Finishing 8th in the league after a dismal final 5 of the season, which could have seen them 3rd with a decent run, Crute knew he had half a squad well capable of playing a league above.

League Table

Best Eleven

Financially Killyleagh slipped into the red, after a season with an average attendance of 277 not being enough to balance the books.

Killyleagh 09/10 - Double Winners!

09/10 Was a special season for Killyleagh, with the addition of the final pieces of an extremely young team, they stormed the league, going top after 3 games and not budging for the rest of the season. However the real shock came in winning my first cup with the Semi Pro outfit, beating Bangor in the intermediate league cup final in a game that will live long in the hearts of fans and players alike, with over 3000 attending at Dixon Park Killyleagh took a 3 goal lead against the division one leaders before two late Bangor goals brought it to 3-2, but it was not enough, Crute's side had done it and the cup was coming to the Showgrounds.

League Table

Best Eleven 09/10

Overall Best Eleven

A massive amount of credit must go to my scout, who regularly scours Northern Ireland for players under 19, and discovered most of my first team!

Financially a very poor year for Killyleagh, despite good wage control, keeping the salaries well within the budget, the club lost £51,000, finishing the season £76K in the red, and a complete sell out of the squad would be no answer. Despite getting daily enquiries for players my AssMan believes could play in the Prem, the offers were only 1-2 thousand so selling would achieve very little. Bet hang on for as long as possible and get to the Premiership double time...

I'm also delighted to say I'm seeing the rewards of my scouting, with many of my players now getting call ups for Northern Ireland under 19s and 21s.

Targets for next season:

Top Half finish in Div. 1

A few additions to add to the quality of the squad.

Hang on to the young talent in the squad (I start the season with an average age of 20)

Win a cup again, I loved the thrill of it!

Lose less money!

Have one of my lads start for NI under 21s.

Star Players over the two years:

Aaron Brown Very young goalie my AssMan says would be agood signing for a premiership team. Regular in the Northern Ireland under 21s Squad.

Mark CoolingYoung Winger who has been called up by Northern Ireland under 19s on numerous occasions.

I'm now in October of Season three, look forward to posting an update. God bless three day weekends!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Gundo, just looked back at your 1st season in Adeccoligaen again - set the bar high!! also only just noticed that KFUM Oslo got relegated that season in your game... hope that's not an omen!! icon_biggrin.gif

how you getting on this season?

I'm sure you'll survive, especially with Ringstad how can you not? icon_biggrin.gif

Nearing the half-way stage now and Randaberg aren't doing too bad if I'm honest. Still in the cup and 4th in the league (although Tromsø and Odd are proving tough to crack...).

Season 2014/15 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

League Positions Graph

Yet another dominant season.

CIS Insurance League Cup - won, beating Ards 3-1 in the final.

County Antrim Shield - won, beating Glentoran 3-1 in the final.

Irish Cup - won, beating Glentoran 5-2 in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - won, beating Drogheda Utd 2-0 in the final.

The European Adventure

CL qualifying round 1 leg 1

CL qualifying round 1 leg 2

A fantastic away win in the first leg meant I could take it easy in the home leg and sail through with ease.

CL qualifying round 2 leg 1

CL qualifying round 2 leg 2

An unlucky loss in the first leg was followed by an historic European night in Belfast, possibly my greatest ever result at Sirocco Works.

CL qualifying round 3 leg 1

CL qualifying round 3 leg 2

A courageous fightback in the second leg, but we just couldn't recover from that poor first leg home defeat. This means I've failed to make the CL group stages for the second year running.

UEFA Cup round 1 leg 1

UEFA Cup round 1 leg 2

Unlucky to lose in the first leg, we squeezed through with a nervy win in the second leg.

UEFA Cup Group D

Mixed bag of results, but it was enough to see me through. The draw at the Emirates was a highlight.

UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 1

UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 2

Had a great result in the first leg but just couldn't cope with them in the away game.

Squad

Transfers

Brought a few new players in, but none of them made that big an impact.

Star Player

Him again, he had a great run in Europe this season.

Club Coefficient: 2.989

Nation Coefficient: 3.000

League Titles: 4

Season 2016 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish Premier Division

Domestic champions! Finally dethroned that IFK Göteborg juggernaut.

Domestic

League Table

Past Positions

Didn't get off to the best of starts, but we were surprisingly consistent from there. IFK Göteborg (who are, by the way, managed by Olof Mellberg of all people) lost their two star strikers from last season as well as their best centre-half, so I'm actually surprised they did this well.

Swedish Cup Final

Winners for the third year in a row. icon14.gif

Mikael Wennberg

A young finnish striker who the coaches have high hopes for. I like to think that his high physical attributes are a positive indication of them being on to something. Oh, and he scored 57 goals in 53 appearances for the U18 team. icon_biggrin.gif

European Play

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 2

Another Icelandic opponent at this stage. No more challenging than last year.

EURO Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2

This one had me really worried for a while. After last year's success I didn't think a team like FC Thun would be a match for us -- oh, how wrong I could be. Just barely through on away goals.

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2

Compared to FC Thun these games were actually pretty easy on us. Fell apart at the end in Manchester, but never really felt like we were losing.

EURO Cup Group Stage

Of all the "easy" teams, I get Heerenveen who knocked me out last year... Not the easiest of groups, but hey, at least I won't have to deal with Milan or Bayern.

EURO Cup Grp E, Heerenveen

Good enough I suppose, considering we lost at Abe Lenstra last year.

EURO Cup Grp E, Zürich

A little annoyed considering what could have been, but with the sending off in mind I can't be too disappointed.

EURO Cup Grp E, Aston Villa

Frankly I'm surprised Villa didn't score more; they had boatloads of chances. We're bottom of the group at this point, but with the chance of proceeding if we can only win against Partizan.

EURO Cup Grp E, Partizan

Talk about performing when really needed. icon14.gif A great result on a rather snowy pitch.

EURO Cup Group E

Thanks to the rest of the teams being pretty evenly matched and the goal difference from the Partizan game, we finished a quite respectable 2nd! icon_smile.gif

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rnd Draw

AEK Athens... They feature regularly in the Champions Cup, so I'm not too confident ahead of this one. Luckily I have the winter off-season to bolster the squad before facing them.

To be continued...

Club Coefficient: 16.923

Nation Coefficient: 17.958 (23rd)

Domestic Titles: 1

I'm going to start this challenge. It is my first 'heavyweight' attempt at anything with fm as normally i just play as arsenal.

First i need to pick a league though...

I'm not too good with decisions so....

*Pick a number between 1 and 25*

after lumbering me with debts of £4.5million through adding 3000 seats to our ground (we've sold 72 season tickets so far this season...), the board have injected £575k into the club. that skims the top off it.... icon_rolleyes.gif

The European Adventure so far...

CL 1st qualifying round leg 1

CL 1st qualifying round leg 2

Was expecting to beat them at home but and that away result was a bit of a surprise.

CL 2nd qualifying round leg 1

CL 2nd qualifying round leg 2

Another bunch of greys dispatched, only just though.

CL 3rd qualifying round leg 1

CL 3rd qualifying round leg 2

After drawing Espanyol and Celtic in this round in previous years, it was nice to have a team that I thought I stood a chance of beating. I looked set to sneak through on away goals with an og from a deflected free kick but I hit them on the break late on to seal my entry into the group stages for the first time ever.

CL Group H

Doesn't look like a bad draw but I'm struggling to see where my points will come from. If I managed one win out of the six I would be delighted.

KIL/Hemne - Season 2008

The first two weeks of my managerial career were a lot more interesting than I generally like. My second day on the job I was informed of a potential board takeover, two weeks later it was completed but with no extra funds to speak of. I also released half of my reserve and youth players who were on a meagre £5 a week and were of no use to me.

The squad I had inherited wasn't too bad off in terms of talent, at least not for this league. Sure there wasn't much in midfield but I felt almost spoilt for choice with strikers. I soon went about appointing some scouts and sending them off around Norway where they found absolutely no one of any use, so instead I asked my board for a parent club, to which their reply was Rosenberg.

The season started slowly, losing 6 of our opening 8 games but things soon started to look up as my loan signings hit some form, however goals were still an issue. Apparently my strikers weren't as good as I thought and so I promoted Bjornar Olsen to the first team where he netted 11 goals in 19 games, boosting us up the table.

Eventually we were no longer relegation fodder (we were predicted 14th) and by the end of the season had muscled ourselves up to a respectable 8th in the league.

Our finances dipped into the red at the end of the calendar year, but that was soon resolved by the £30k TV money.

League Table

Olsen

Best XI

One for the future

We are allowed Parent clubs right? If not I'll start again.

Originally posted by CoatesyWins:

KIL/Hemne - Season 2008

The first two weeks of my managerial career were a lot more interesting than I generally like. My second day on the job I was informed of a potential board takeover, two weeks later it was completed but with no extra funds to speak of. I also released half of my reserve and youth players who were on a meagre £5 a week and were of no use to me.

The squad I had inherited wasn't too bad off in terms of talent, at least not for this league. Sure there wasn't much in midfield but I felt almost spoilt for choice with strikers. I soon went about appointing some scouts and sending them off around Norway where they found absolutely no one of any use, so instead I asked my board for a parent club, to which their reply was Rosenberg.

The season started slowly, losing 6 of our opening 8 games but things soon started to look up as my loan signings hit some form, however goals were still an issue. Apparently my strikers weren't as good as I thought and so I promoted Bjornar Olsen to the first team where he netted 11 goals in 19 games, boosting us up the table.

Eventually we were no longer relegation fodder (we were predicted 14th) and by the end of the season had muscled ourselves up to a respectable 8th in the league.

Our finances dipped into the red at the end of the calendar year, but that was soon resolved by the £30k TV money.

League Table

Olsen

Best XI

One for the future

We are allowed Parent clubs right? If not I'll start again.

Good start there! icon14.gif

Parent clubs were allowed last time I checked! icon_smile.gif

Alurny - July 5th 2008 - Denmark - birkerød

Information

Profile (Warning - Mugshot)

Parent Club

Hmm, something familiar about this place, ah yes, I have been here before, with Helsingor, who coincidently are rivals of my new club Birkerød. Lets hope they don't notice icon_wink.gif.

It looks like I will be back in this thread for good, as I am already half way through the season, and, having fun for the first time in a long time on FM.

The team came up with a bunch of armatures, a couple were of good quality. I have signed several players on free transfers and had some help with my parent club Kopenhagen (that happened last time too!)

This time around I won't get sacked, will rely less on loans (As last time 90% of my team were loan-ees) and take things a little slower.

Lasse Qvist was sent to me on loan, but he doesn't seem too happy about it icon_wink.gif

Season update after the f1!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table *New

(Nat) League Year Club Username Achievements

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*(Pol) First 2017/18 Hetman Zamosc pjtopor 8 Domestic Titles

1 Champions League (2018)

1 Uefa Cup (2017)

*(Nor) Premier 2020 Skjetten cookie15 1 Champions League (2020)

4 Domestic Titles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Blr) Premier 2011 Livadia RecliamTheKop -

(Bel) Premier 2029/30 Meldert CoachFlu 12 Domestic Titles

(Bel) Third 2008/09 SW Harelbeke aqnfiqw -

(Cro) Premier 2023/24 Slovanja iacovone 9 Domestic Titles

(Cro) Premier 2009/10 NK Lokomotiva Zagreb Konquest -

(Cze) Second 2008/09 Chmel Blasney DodgeeD -

(Cze) First 2008/09 Blasny glennuk -

(Den) Second 2008/09 birkerød Alurny -

(Fin) First 2011/12 Rakuunat Bluejacket -

(N.I) Premier 2031/32 Knockbreda NepentheZ 21 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2014/15 Sirocco Works dafuge 4 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2011/12 Coleraine Crusaders gers51 -

(N.I) First 2011/12 Killyleagh AztecCrute -

(Nor) Premier 2012 Orn Horten jamieslowe -

(Nor) First 2011 Randaberg IL Gundo -

(Nor) Second 2010 FKUM Oslo rlipscombe -

(Nor) Second 2009 KIL/Hemne CoatesyWins -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Lotus Luceafãrul 442to445 -

(Rus) Premier 2015 Amur Blagoveschensk johnnyquest409 1 Domestic Title

(Ser) Super 2010/11 Obilic Belgrade dave safc -

(Slk) Second 2009/10 FK Raca catesy2021 -

(Slk) Chall. 2009/10 Baden mocko666 -

(Slo) Second 2014/15 NK Verzej saab693 -

(Swe) Premier 2016 Gestrike-Hammarby IF Scab 1 Domestic Title

(Swe) Premier 2010 Limhamns IF pl-fikander -

(Swe) First 2010 Gauthiod Suma -

(Swi) Premier 2012/13 FC Baulmes Jazza -

(Swi) Premier 2017/18 SC YF Juventus Annihilator666 -

(Swi) Chall. 2015/16 FC UGS ghostwriter -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Maesteg Mike_Cardinal -

*Indicates the User has completed this challenge.

</pre>

NepentheZ - did your club ever turn pro? I've been in the group stages of the UEFA Cup or CL for the last few years and I have about £8m in the bank but I am still semi-pro and limited to scouting in Northern Ireland. I'm still improving each year but I can't see it is possible to win the CL while still in this situation.

European Continuation

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 2

Great start with the home leg. Played very defensively away in Athens, and it paid off. icon14.gif

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd Leg 2

Marseille expectedly proved too difficult. Decent effort.

Still getting better every season, so I'm excited about how well we can do in the CL this season. icon_cool.gif

Oh well, my European adventure is over for this season as we went down fighting to AEK 5-5 on aggregate, with them winning on away goals.

Hopefully we can push on into the Champions League next season icon_biggrin.gif . Just beat Red Star 2-1 at their place, so who knows?

Now I admit Ive been a naughty boy. Having read a great article on LLM I had my eyes totally opened on how to go about this challenge and I now believe I can go that bit further and establish myself in a top flight division, where I failed with my beloved Jarfalla icon_frown.gif

So I went ahead and started again, putting Verzej on hold for a season to see how I got on with my newfound advice

Meet the newmanager of KSK Hasselt. We are Belgiums latest addition to the football league. First things to note are that our finances are pretty reasonable for a Third Division team and we have a massive 10800 capacity stadium, though only 800 of that is seated (something well come back to later!) Good to see aqnfiqw has also started in Belgium. Ive seen Harelbeke on my travels so will be keeping a close eye on yout progress!

Season 2008/2009

Media Prediction: 11th

Finished:1st

Positions

Season Summary

Delighted with this! I got some great players in wholl Ill go through in detail later. As the positions graph shows, we went 1st after 4 games and never looked back! The only real negative to our performance was the amount of goals conceded! We scored for fun which gave us a solid goal difference overall but I feel well need to strengthen at the back if were to contend with teams in the higher divisions. But all in all, Im really chuffed. It always pays to get off to a good start in these challenges, otherwise you can find yourself dwindling for 7 seasons in the same division (see Verzej!)

Meet The Team

Maes - Dont know quite what to think about this guy. He may well be partially to blame for the amount of goals we conceded but he was the best I could get hold of. Luckily two better keepers are joining us in July

Budts - Barry wasnt too bad either. Signed him mainly because he had a decent amount of pace and could tackle ok. No complaints really, though glad someone better is coming in in July.

Bengul - A good loan signing brought in from Standard Liege at LB. Pace, tackling and acceleration in abundance, he was also ok at crossing, contributing 4 assists.

Mwika - Pace, tackling and acceleration again. Did a good job at CB.

Verheyen - A solid tackler, reasonable pace and ok in the air. Brought him in on loan from parent club Sint Truiden.

Prones - Nothing special stat wise but contributed a lot to the tea. Was also the only one of our players to make it into the Third Division team of the year

Henderix - A decent left winger. All the same, an odd choice for our player of the year

Gerits - Didnt discover he was the best DMC we had until half way through the season sadly, though a return of 6 assists in 10 games is not bad from that position.

Carratta - A gem on loan from our parent club. Contributing 15 assists and 5 goals he was our creative force in midfield. Managed to secure him for another season as well

Bouslama - 16 goals in 17 games is great and its a shame he was injured for 3 months otherwise he may well have been our top scorer.

D`Amires - My own player of the year. Brought in on loan from Genk and the stats speak for themselves really!

Other Info

Board Confidence

Transfers

Finances - All going well until they dropped this bombshell. So we have an 11800 capacity stadium now, its just empty as the lazy gits wont stand to support their beloved Hasselt! Luckily two decent cash injections have seen the balance go up from -3m to -1m. I dare say theyre still distraught about the state of the finances! I do hope this is something that will be sorted in FM 09

Manager of The Year

Summary

All in all pretty good! The poor finances are something Ill just have to deal with until things improve. The squad is decent and I have a fair few players joining us in July. On top of that Bouslama has just agreed to spend another season with us icon_smile.gif

I shall report back more regularly from now on. This report has taken forever to write and its sunny outside!

Gundo - Hope you dont mind me starting a new game but I really do feel it was worth it. If you decide against it then Ill just play and not update the thread. Let me know

Cheers guys

KIL/Hemne - 2009

This season started in similar fashion to the last, where we found ourselves dropping points left, right and centre. Soon though, after a change of tactics we found ourselves to be the dominant force in the league, going unbeaten for the remaining 15 games of the season. Promotion was clinched with a game to spare with a victory away to Start 2.

Loans were once more the key to our success as no one good enough would join permanetly. Ulrik Balstad finished top scorer with 16 in 20 games, however I will be unable to renew his loan as he's joined HamKam. Despite the positives, we were plagued with injuries throughout the season, losing Andreas Holm, at the time our top scorer, for four months as well as other key players.

The Norwegian cup proved a disappointment as we crashed out at the first hurdle to non-league Stryn.

In the close season my board took it upon themselves to screw us over financially by expanding the stadium from 2600-odd to over 5000, despite us having an average attendance of only 500, this has now left us with a loan debt of £4.3m and -£200k in the bank.

League: 1st Place - Promoted.

Norwegian Cup: - 1st Round.

League Table

Balstad

Overall XI

Originally posted by saab693:

Gundo - Hope you don't mind me starting a new game but I really do feel it was worth it. If you decide against it then Ill just play and not update the thread. Let me know.

I don't mind at all mate. Looks like you've had a very good first season with KSK Hasselt, KUTGW. icon14.gif

I'll include both games on the challenge table until you tell me otherwise. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by CoatesyWins:

KIL/Hemne - 2009

This season started in similar fashion to the last, where we found ourselves dropping points left, right and centre. Soon though, after a change of tactics we found ourselves to be the dominant force in the league, going unbeaten for the remaining 15 games of the season. Promotion was clinched with a game to spare with a victory away to Start 2.

Loans were once more the key to our success as no one good enough would join permanetly. Ulrik Balstad finished top scorer with 16 in 20 games, however I will be unable to renew his loan as he's joined HamKam. Despite the positives, we were plagued with injuries throughout the season, losing Andreas Holm, at the time our top scorer, for four months as well as other key players.

The Norwegian cup proved a disappointment as we crashed out at the first hurdle to non-league Stryn.

In the close season my board took it upon themselves to screw us over financially by expanding the stadium from 2600-odd to over 5000, despite us having an average attendance of only 500, this has now left us with a loan debt of £4.3m and -£200k in the bank.

League: 1st Place - Promoted.

Norwegian Cup: - 1st Round.

League Table

Balstad

Overall XI

Congrats on promotion. icon14.gif You seem to be motoring through seasons. icon_eek.gif

Season 2015/16 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

League Positions Graph

The league was another easy win. I started fielding my reserves for league games and still managed an unbeaten season, my first ever.

CIS Insurance League Cup - won, beating Bangor 4-0 in the final.

County Antrim Shield - won, beating Linfield 3-0 in the final.

Irish Cup - won, beating Linfield on penalties in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - won, beating Bohemians 2-0 in the final.

The European Adventure

CL 1st qualifying round leg 1

CL 1st qualifying round leg 2

Was expecting to beat them at home but that away result was a bit of a surprise.

CL 2nd qualifying round leg 1

CL 2nd qualifying round leg 2

Another bunch of greys dispatched, only just though.

CL 3rd qualifying round leg 1

CL 3rd qualifying round leg 2

After drawing Espanyol and Celtic in this round in previous years, it was nice to have a team that I thought I stood a chance of beating. I looked set to sneak through on away goals with an og from a deflected free kick but I hit them on the break late on to seal my entry into the group stages for the first time ever.

CL Group H

Doesn't look like a bad draw but I'm struggling to see where my points will come from. If I managed one win out of the six I would be delighted.

Group Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Galatasaray 3-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 2-2 Inter

Sporting CP 2-0 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 1-1 Sporting CP

Sirocco Works 3-0 Galatasaray

Inter 1-1 Sirocco Works </pre>

CL Group H

Close, but not close enough. Needing a win in the San Siro in my last game was asking a little too much.

UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 1

UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 2

Half my team was on international duty for the first leg which explains the heavy defeat. I did well to win the second leg but I was never going to win by enough to get through.

Squad

Transfers

I've discovered that I can actually get decent prices for my players, so I sold a few unhappy players and brought in a few million quid for the club.

Star Player

Martin Green was out for 6 months with a broken leg, so this lad stepped up and started banging them in.

I'm still semi-pro and I can still only scout in Northern Ireland, but I've now got £11m in the bank and I am due to move into the new stadium next month. Hopefully next season things will start to happen at the club.

Club Coefficient: 13.309

Nation Coefficient: 7.000

League Titles: 5

dafuge Good work. As far as I can tell getting out of the group stages of the ECC is the tough bit and youre getting pretty close to that. Could you tell me where I can find the club and nation coefficients?

CoatesyWins - Congrats on the promotion! Good to see someone else starting well icon_smile.gif

Gundo - thanks for the go ahead on the Belgian game. You can take Verzej off the list, Im pretty confident this is the one for me!

KUTGW everyone icon14.gif

Originally posted by saab693:

dafuge Good work. As far as I can tell getting out of the group stages of the ECC is the tough bit and youre getting pretty close to that. Could you tell me where I can find the club and nation coefficients?

(main menus) World - Europe - Champions League - Coefficients (on the left)

Archived