Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Icelander83:

Icelander83 - Hvöt - Icelandic First Division - Season 1

Okay, so that was a spectacular, remarkable, unbelievable failure

Your post made me laugh out loud :p

Now to ditch me previous stance of trying again in Iceland and go for something more.. well.. possible!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rfcabd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Icelander83:

Icelander83 - Hvöt - Icelandic First Division - Season 1

Okay, so that was a spectacular, remarkable, unbelievable failure

Your post made me laugh out loud :p

Now to ditch me previous stance of trying again in Iceland and go for something more.. well.. possible!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't look at my attempt as a good one, I am utter crap at lower league managing! However, this was an impossible task, at least for my meager talents icon_wink.gif Northern Ireland is great fun, however, it's become less so as i get better in the cups and get more and more fixtures to contend with. Not having a week between fixtures lead to me getting a lot of players in on a free, changing formations and losing momentum. Hoping to get it back after reverting to the more familiar!

Do try Iceland, if only to fail worse than i did and make me feel better about myself

Originally posted by daemonic:

Where are the files for the FM2008 default skins?

I'm unsure as how to edit the default skin, as all the panels are wrapped up in a .fmf file, which I don't know how to extract. (IIRC, SI released a tool to extract them with, but I'm not sure that its compatible with a Mac.)

I'll mosey around the graphics forum a little later, and see what I can come up with.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Someone with graphical knowledge made a copy of the default skin sometime ago, which was downloaded and editable. I was looking for it before but couldn't find it, I wanted to do some experimenting.

If you do find it, please let me know, because I prefer the Default Skin above any other icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rfcabd:

So, eventually, I have taken management at CSM Sebes; here's my profile

icon14.gif

God luck mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck, too.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rfcabd:

So, eventually, I have taken management at CSM Sebes; here's my profile

icon14.gif

God luck mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And may God always be on my side icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rfcabd:

Cheers guys (:

aaberdeenn, I'm sure i seen you on here before, when i just started playing FM. It was a while ago, i'm just back into playing FM again. Anywhoo... :p

Well you registered just after I did so maybe it was then you seen me about the forums. Anyway, good luck with your game and welcome back to FM and to the forums. icon14.gif

Happy Slappy. Knockbreda. N.Ireland First Division. 2009/2010

Well, no-one expected us to do it, but we did, and got ourselves promoted....again.

Here is the final table 1 point ahead of 3rd placed Dundela, considering that we were 3rd before the last game of the season, we won ours and Dundela lost against Newry 6-5 \o/.

We beat Bangor on away goals after it ended 3-3.

Bangor game, second leg.

My best player, only signed him in January, but boy, did he improve the team or what?

Finances, still going downhill, but with promotion, I expect these figures to improve.

Me.

Onwards and Upwards.

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Relegated icon_frown.gif

Gutted. Dreadful season relegated automatically on last game of the season.

unlucky icon13.gif was it your first season in the top flight?? i can't remember. do you think you'll be equipped to bounce straight back up??

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Think I will start a new game in Northern Ireland before they may sack me. May take this save on after I fail in Northern Ireland.

Holidaying in Northern Ireland now.

Keep the faith!! icon_biggrin.gif i understand how you feel i guess. don't forget your norweigen roots... icon_wink.gif

good luck in n. ireland

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 13/14 (Season 6)

Media Prediction: 4th

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

Cups

Champions League Defeated by Olympiakos in the 3rd qualifying round.

Euro Cup: Lost in the 1st round 3 - 2 over 2 legs.

Northern Irish League Cup: Lost in the Semi Final against Cliftonville

Irish Cup: Knocked out in the 5th round by Dungannon

Antrim Cup: Winner

All-Ireland Cup Came 3rd out of 4 in group A

After becoming the best team in Northern Ireland last year we were on a role! With the new season approaching I felt it was time to bring in a new fresh faces just for backup. I signed some youngsters who have very good potential and could be used in the years to come. The squad that I had though was already full of potential and the average age was just 20 years old. Finances were still improving and I became Manager of the Year for the second season in a row.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Club Coefficients

Player of the Season: Dean Evans - For the third season in a row now Dean is player of the year. Once again he banged in the goals with 53 goals in 50 games. He has now got 178 goals in 177 games for the club and is still only 21 years old!

Signing of the Season: Steve Johnston - Wasn't involved much as he only turned 16 this year, but he is showing definate potential. He is also the clubs younges player at 16 years and 0 days.

Game of the Season: Carrick 2 - 6 Rasharkin - what an entertaining game with Dean Evans once again smashing in a hattrick. Great performance again.

The Career So Far..

League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Year Division Position Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

08/09 Northern Irish Second Division 2nd 22 11 5 6 40 26 +14 38

09/10 Northern Irish First Division 4th 22 9 7 6 37 21 +14 34

10/11 Northern Irish First Division 1st 22 13 4 5 39 18 +21 43

11/12 Northern Irish Premier Division 5th 30 14 6 10 49 30 +19 48

12/13 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 3 3 79 33 +46 75

13/14 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 2 4 79 32 +47 74</pre>

Europe

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Year Tournament Round Total Coefficients Rank

12/13 Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round 0.054 461st

13/14 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.439 437th (+ 24)</pre>

Competition Honours

Northern Irish Premier Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014</pre>

Northern Irish First Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Second Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Runner Up - 2009</pre>

Northern Irish League Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Antrim Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner 2013, 2014</pre>

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2011</pre>

Unlucky Jameslowe. icon_frown.gif

It's difficult in the topflight. i'm currently hovering around the relegation places as we speak, I just hope we aren't doomed to the same fate...

Portglenone - Season 12/13 - Irish First Division

A while since I finished this one but I've got a lot of screen shots to show off.

We got off to a great beginning with the announcement of the season ticket sales, as seen here.

Now, here, in the manager overview you can see how we fared in all competitions, which of course leads directly to the league table and the league graph, of which I am particularly fond. The promotion was never in danger and top spot was secured with three games still to go.

I would think the next logical thing would be the League cup final, which didn't go too well as seen here and here. It was just one of those days.

We got to another final, the Antrim Trophy, which was lost like this and this. Another one of those days.

However, we retained our Intermediate Cup. The press was excited and of course we didn't disappoint (this time). linky and linky.

At one point in the season we were completely and utterly unbeatable!

Now, after we one the league, the fans were understandably thankful, in fact they were very thankful!. The board was also thankful, in fact the were also very thankful!. However, the board was also ungrateful, in fact they were very ungrateful!

They finally saw the light which lead to me signing a new contract, leading to general happyness.

Let's see.. How about end of season thingys now?

Day was the fans' player of the year

Stuart Lawlor set a new record for average rating

We set an attendance record

Here is the Season's best 11

And here's how the clubs Overall best 11 looks.

Here are the squad stats

And my profile at the end of the season, along with my manager info

An overview of my finances, with more detailed income and expenditure.

It is worth noting that the board did this to help balance the books, which meant I used two centre-halfs straight from the youth team through the entire season icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and Day also helped himself to this, just for fun.

Now onto my signings:

Signing 1: Robinson, an extremely promising midfielder.

Signing 2: Howarth, will probably never reach first team status after some blunders in first games.

Signing 3: Cole, a very promising winger. Didn't reach eligibility for the league until after the season due to age.

Signing 4: Hudson, a hero in the making! icon_cool.gif

Signing 5: Bagnall, used mostly as a defender due to only having two other central defenders, did quite good.

Signing 6: Hunt, unfortunatly not Mike but Tony. Hellagood and forced himself into the starting 11 in no time at all.

Erm.. I think that's all? Promotion, three cup finals with one victory, a new contract, loads of end-of-season things, signings.. Can't be bothered to dig up more screenshots icon_wink.gif

Onwards and upwards! No more promotions but even more league games to contend with. European football before the contract runs out is my objective, although the board only demands a place in the Premier division still in our hands after three years.

I am still doing this challenge but just haven't had the time. Although I do have a two week holiday coming up so should make some advance on it then. icon14.gif.

Also, Gundo, in the table I am down as in the 2011/12 season, just thought I'd let you know im in the 2010/11 season. icon14.gif

Originally posted by happy slappy:

Okay, not what I expected but hey, I'm not complaining.

New Summer signing, he will be arriving this summer, and, if he continues to score goals at Knockbreda then we will be challenging for a top 6 finish next season, if there is one concern about this season, its that we don't score enough goals.

either that player being watched by Capello has real potential, or the England team has gone right down hill.... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Icelander83:

Portglenone - Season 12/13 - Irish First Division

A while since I finished this one but I've got a lot of screen shots to show off.

We got off to a great beginning with the announcement of the season ticket sales, as seen here.

Haha, i laughed out loud at that.

Originally posted by Gundo:

Unlucky Jameslowe. icon_frown.gif

It's difficult in the topflight. i'm currently hovering around the relegation places as we speak, I just hope we aren't doomed to the same fate...

I will try again for promotion in a few weeks. Was so angry to get relegated. Can not sign anyone. There are no good players. The top teams have no one either. No players coming through.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Solid first season in the first rlipscombe. icon14.gif You certainly have plenty of loanees icon_eek.gif . The Myhre screenie was actually

Goksal Guvenc's profile. icon_frown.gif

Best of luck for next season. icon14.gif

i know. i'm not overly happy with the number of loanees in the team to be honest, and i am working to reduce this. i feel that the team will ultimately perform better once it's full of 'permanent' signings. hopefully there'll be a bit of an improvement this season. from the signings i've made so far, it should be. i now have a permanent GK, CB, CM, RM and CF whom all should be pushing for a starting place.

will sort out the Myhre screenshot later when i get home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

going back to the loanee situation, it looks like it'll be a lot better this season. last season, my best XI probably contained 7 loan signings, which as mentioned, i wasn't too happy about, but it was necessary to be competitive.

i've played my first 2 friendlies (5-2 away win vs Moss, in our league, and 2-1 defeat against Lyn, parent club (by far my best ever result against them) and my starting XI should be down to 3 loan players, LB, RB, and Ighalo upfront. i don't think it's a small coincidence that our form has been better still with less loan signings.

i still have a few other loanees, but they're there to make up the squad numbers rather than take a first team place. i've also signed a few good young regens, one of whom is a winger who good become a good premier division player icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

Okay, not what I expected but hey, I'm not complaining.

New Summer signing, he will be arriving this summer, and, if he continues to score goals at Knockbreda then we will be challenging for a top 6 finish next season, if there is one concern about this season, its that we don't score enough goals.

either that player being watched by Capello has real potential, or the England team has gone right down hill.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gone? I thought it had already gone. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Solid first season in the first rlipscombe. icon14.gif You certainly have plenty of loanees icon_eek.gif . The Myhre screenie was actually

i know. i'm not overly happy with the number of loanees in the team to be honest, and i am working to reduce this. i feel that the team will ultimately perform better once it's full of 'permanent' signings. hopefully there'll be a bit of an improvement this season. from the signings i've made so far, it should be. i now have a permanent GK, CB, CM, RM and CF whom all should be pushing for a starting place.

going back to the loanee situation, it looks like it'll be a lot better this season. last season, my best XI probably contained 7 loan signings, which as mentioned, i wasn't too happy about, but it was necessary to be competitive.

i've played my first 2 friendlies (5-2 away win vs Moss, in our league, and 2-1 defeat against Lyn, parent club (by far my best ever result against them) and my starting XI should be down to 3 loan players, LB, RB, and Ighalo upfront. i don't think it's a small coincidence that our form has been better still with less loan signings.

i still have a few other loanees, but they're there to make up the squad numbers rather than take a first team place. i've also signed a few good young regens, one of whom is a winger who good become a good premier division player icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. You know it would have hit you quite hard if you'd have gone up last season, when your affiliation with Lyn would of ceased to be.

Good to hear your planning for the future, it will propel you to where you want to be a lot quicker in these type of long haul games. icon14.gif

We've just played Stabæk, winning 3-0 in the league. The reason I mentioned it is they had Odion Ighalo playing upfront for them, he was marked out of the game by one of my big center backs. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i still have a few other loanees, but they're there to make up the squad numbers rather than take a first team place. i've also signed a few good young regens, one of whom is a winger who good become a good premier division player icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. You know it would have hit you quite hard if you'd have gone up last season, when your affiliation with Lyn would of ceased to be.

Good to hear your planning for the future, it will propel you to where you want to be a lot quicker in these type of long haul games. icon14.gif

We've just played Stabæk, winning 3-0 in the league. The reason I mentioned it is they had Odion Ighalo playing upfront for them, he was marked out of the game by one of my big center backs. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know it would have... to be honest i don't have quite as many from there this season anyway tbh. i don't like having loanees, as it isn't 'your' team, so am looking forward to this season.

was the CB Fearrington? if so, i'm not surprised icon_wink.gif that or he's improved as a player in my game as a result of playing for the Kaffa.... icon_biggrin.gif

Trying to create a nice little tactic for my CSM Sebes team.

I can get the attacking almost perfect, it's just the defending part of the tactic that's hard, i've opted to go with a 5-3-1-1.

Fearrington won't be with us much longer. He wants a move to a bigger club and who am I to stand in his way. I'm not liking the guy at the moment. icon13.gif

really?? will have to keep an eye on that. have got a ready-made replacement already however, so it'll be ok.

icon_eek.gif

Yep, you guessed it i'm back icon_razz.gif

After a period without Fm i've decided that i need to get back into it and what better than to continue the journey i started with Skjetten icon_biggrin.gif

As things currently stand i am one win away from securing the title for a 5th successive year. We've also been seeded in the Champs Group stages and we will see if we can retain the title icon_wink.gif

icon_cool.gif Man it's good to be back icon14.gif

Just a little update from CSM Sebes

To start us off, the board wants us to successfully sustain a position in the Romanion Second Division Group Two.

For this, we would need to make some changes to the team, buying in some players. The loanee's were there at the start to fill in gaps before transfers. Now they are back-up.

It seems everyone likes Sorin Popa, i wasn't too keen on him, but brought him in to bring more depth into the team.

We had a really good run at the start of the season (exceptions for the last result).

Now, we exceeded the board's expectations by getting to the third round of the Romanian Cup. I'm sure they won't mind we lost in the third round then? Yeah Right!

Originally posted by cookie15:

icon_eek.gif

After a period without Fm i've decided that i need to get back into it and what better than to continue the journey i started with Skjetten icon_biggrin.gif

As things currently stand i am one win away from securing the title for a 5th successive year. We've also been seeded in the Champs Group stages and we will see if we can retain the title icon_wink.gif

welcome home... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

icon_eek.gif

welcome home... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed welcome back cook. icon14.gif In the time you've been away I've managed to work my way up to the Tippeligaen again Randaberg. icon_smile.gif

Archived