Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AcidBurn:

I really want to do this challenge but have not got a clue as to what country to start in. I will jsut have to pick a random one i reckon. Anyone care to recommend a country?

Northern Ireland is good, pretty easy to dominate domestically but almost impossible to get that far in Europe.

NK Lokomotiva - The Pre-Europe Years (2008-2014) - Also known as the "I've been lazy and I have to catch up" report

Ok, it's been a while since I've published an update. Actually, the only update I published was that I was taking charge of Lokomotiva and a short line when I have been promoted to the First Division. I think I should start over now that I have played a while and that plenty of interesting things have happened. Huge parts of this update were written from memory, so forgive me if there is any part might be fuzzy. I'll do my best to come up with something comprehensive for such a massive update...

Since I have already played a game in Croatia (before it got corrupted), I had some knowledge of the players before the start of the game. However, in order to balance that, I decided to sign players I knew only if they were recommended by my scout. I ended signing some from my Karlovac game, but I know that I missed some gmes because my scouts didn't find them...

The Club - NK Lokomotiva

NK Lokomotiva Zagreb is a Croatian football club based in the city of Zagreb.

Founded in 1914, the club managed their best league result in 1952, finishing third in the Yugoslav First League. They were relegated from the First League in the summer of 1957 and never returned to the top flight again.

Lokomotiva is now playing in the Western Division of the Croatian Third League. The club is nowadays generally considered Dinamo Zagreb's reserve team, with many of Dinamo's young players playing there to gain experience before being promoted to the first team. (However, there is no formal link established in the game between Dinamo and Lokomotiva).

I will be looking to do something that hasn't been done in the last 60 years, bring them back to the top flight division and beyond...!

2008-2009: Survival

We were promoted in the Second Division and the board was expecting that we would be one of the three clubs that got relegated back and the media touted us as the club who would finish dead last. I was pretty sure that we could do much better than that and I was expecting a mid-table finish (somewhere around 8th place...)

At the start of the season, I asked for a parent club and got the choice between dominant Dinamo or not-so-good Zagreb. The choice was fairly easy and Dinamo sent a young man to the name of Sasko Pandev to my team. At 20 years old, he was already a regular in his Macedonia international squad and proved to be a vital factor in that year.

I decided to adopt the approach of scoring more goals than the opponent to score. So we adopted a 3-4-3 formation that proved to be lethal in front of the net.

After a rough start, our team steadily improved. The youngsters were gaining assurance and were starting to work well with one another. We eventually climbed to 5th place, where we would finish the season with 54 points.

Star Players

- Sasko Pandev (ST): 29 goals and 12 assists in 28 apps. 7.68 average rating. Clearly too strong for the Second Division

- Zdravko Semialjac (ST): 13 goals and 15 assists in 27 apps. 7.56 average rating. Target striker and intelligent passer

- Drazen Jurcic (ST): 19 goals and 6 assists in 26 apps. 7.73 average rating. Deadly shot from the left side

- Darko Verhas (DC): 7.15 average rating. A rock in the defence at the tender age of 19.

2009-2010: Pushing for something better

Strong from our 5th place finish last year, we were hungry for more. The board and media still saw us at the bottom of the league but I knew that my youngsters were able to do more. During the summer, I signed a couple of guys to help us push for the top and cover to the loss of Sasko Pandev who went back to Dinamo.

New Signings

- Antonio Fremino (AM C): Got him for free from Hr. Dragovoljac. He was the top performer of the division the year before. Not a youngster, but a solid performer

- Danko Cerovicki (AM L): 18 year old kid, super talented on the left wing

- Josip Lovric (ST): Signed as the backup striker behind Semialjac and Jurcic.

- Mladen Jerkic (AM RC): Intelligent youngster, comfortable either on the wing or in the AMC position.

And what a season from my guys. We never fell lower than the second place and we battled all year long with Sesvete for the automatic promotion spot. The formation has been modified a little bit from last year, to accomodate Fremino and was now a 3-4-1-2, which I was fairly comfortable in running. We ended up finishing second, decided on goal difference between us and Sesvete. We were tied at 74 points, but they had a +55 differential wereas we were only +47 (89 GF and 42 GA).

Still, we battled hard and somehow faced Hajduk in the Promotion playoff. We tought we had no chance. A 3-2 win away at Maksimir gave us a glimmer of hope. All we needed is to hold on tight during the second leg and we would be going through. We eventually tied 2-2 at home, thanks to a goal in stoppage time from Jurcic. We were through the first division for next year!

Star Players

- Drazen Jurcic (ST): Really stepped up his game. 24 goals and 13 assists in 31 apps. 7.58 average rating.

- Josip Lovric (ST): Ended up playing a lot due to an injury to Semialjac. 17 goals and 14 assists in 26(5) apps was great for his first season. 7.48 avg. rating

- Danko Cerovecki (ML): 9 goals from the winger. Good job.

Misc

- Came in Second for Manager of the Season.

- Hrvoje Custic was named Player of the season. I think it's important to mention this in memory of this player who accidently died on the pitch this year.

- Zdravko Semialjac came in second for Young Player of the Year with 12 goals and 8 assists in 18 games.

2010-2011: The Step Up

We knew we had a big test in front of us. The board knew it. The media knew it. The players knew it.

Well, nobody in fact knew how much of a huge test this would be.

Actually, this was one of my most depressing seasons of Football Manager ever. We did not compete with any of the clubs in the league. We were not even close. We started the season with a 14 game winless streak. And it went downhill from there...

To make a long story short, we ended the season with 3 wins (Sesvete, Dinamo (!) and Inter(Z)), 6 draws and 24 defeats and a wonderful goal difference of -45. We got a marvelous 15 points for the whole season. So back to the Second Division...

Got to play in the Croatian Cup for the first time, due to probably a bug in the game. Got in Second Round before getting eliminated.

The only positive in this season is that we turned Pro at the beginning of the season and were thus allowed to scout all over Europe. Sent my scouts around Easter Europe and found some interesting players... icon_smile.gif

New Signings

- Sinisa Jukopila (MC): Decent midfielder for the first division, he was one of my better guys at that point

- Tomislav Basic (GK): Paid £250K as I didn't have any faith in my current keeper. Proved to be one of my worst signings ever.

- Damirn Rovacnin (ST): First international signing, directly from Bosnia. Was playing as a backup in that first season

- Edin Husic (MC - DM): Good midfielder, more on the defensive side. Eventually grew up and is my captain now.

Star Players - I have to find a couple...

- Drazen Jurcic (ST): 10 goals in 30 apps. My best striker but starting to struggle at this level

- Sinisa Jukopila (MC): 5 goals and 4 assists and the only player to reach an average rating of 7.00.

2011-2012: Back to school

The board was not happy. Even though they knew that we stood no chance in the First Division, they were still ****ed off that we were relegated. Hence, I was under pressure to get back in the top flight ASAP. And my contract was running out this season, so I had to prove to them that I belong in the First Division.

The first thing I did was to reorganize my tactics correctly. In last season, we got crushed because we were unable to cover any winger that came in deep. So we made the move from a 3-4-1-2 to a 5-2-1-2, which I still use currently.

The challenge was to find good wing backs that were able to stop the progression of the wingers and then to launch a counter attack quickly and catch the opposition out of position. I also needed more firepower in front, not for this season, but definitely for the next season, in which I envisioned that I would be back in the First Division.

I cruised in the Second Division without being ever in trouble. We finished with 25 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses, for a total of 78 points and a goal differential of +67 (88 GF and 21 GA). Got a lot of talent in front of the net and actually got a 4 striker rotation pretty much all year.

New Signings

- Andriy Yatlenko (ST): Signed for £30K from Arsenal Kiev. He is a quite quick and intelligent striker.

- Eugene Khacheridi (DM): Admittedly signed this other Ukrainian to help Yatlenko settle in Croatia. Was a decent backup.

Player Sales

- Danko Cerovecki (ML): Was extremely ambitious and started to act like a jerk when we got relegated. Accepted an offer of £300K + 50% from Cibalia. He would move each year after that, which tells us a lot as to which kind of player he is...

- Renato Krizmanic (GK): Signed this keeper in 2008-2009 as a 18 year old with lots of potential, but never really got going. Sold him for £65K to Karlovac, which is probably the most I could ever get from him...

Star Players

- Damir Rovacnin (ST): Lethal in front of the goal, bagged 16 goals in 13(10) apps.

- Andriy Yatlenko (ST): Established as a force in his first season with us. 12 goals and 6 assists in 16(2) apps. 7.32 avg. rating

- Mladen Jerkic (AM RC): Really come of age this year. 11 goals and 20 assists in 22(1) apps. 7.79 avg. rating. Always there to feed the strikers.

Misc

- Was named Manager of the Year, far in front of anyone else.

- Mladen Jerkic came in second in Young Player of the Year and Sinisa Jukopila came in third, both at 20 years old.

- Got eliminated in the first round of the Croatian Cup, due to an unlucky draw (Cibalia).

- Appointed Edin Husic as Captain.

- 22 games without losing is a pretty nice streak...! icon_smile.gif

2012-2013: Back with a vengeance

So we were back in the First Division. Our players had matured a little bit and I was cautiously optimistic. I knew that we would be able to stay up this time, despite the fact that everyone else thought otherwise...

So the objective of the summer would be to get as much talent as possible for pretty much all positions and hope for the best. I lost a bit in front, but my other guys were still growing and there was no shortage of talent at the striker position.

New Signings

- Nemanja Vargec (ST): I consider this a steal. Got him for free from Obilic, Serbia. Strong striker with a lethal finish.

- Farid Bakurskiy (D RC, WB R): Signed the 18 year-old from Sheriff, Moldava for £210K. Intelligent passer, defensively strong, able to play both at the wing back and in one of our 3 DC spots. Good from spot kicks also.

- Toni Deranja (MC): Young Regen midfielder from Inter(Z). Lethal passer, pretty creative. However, the guy seems to have an attitude...

- Darius Barevicius (WB/AM L): Offensive wing-back, Regen from FBK Kaunas, Lithuania. Exactly what I expect from a guy at this position.

- Ivan Kelava (GK): Signed this keeper for £400K from Sibenik in order to get back from the Busic fiasco earlier.

Player Sales

- Damir Rovacnin (ST): Became unhappy in the summer and wanted to move to a bigger club. Sold to Medjimurje for £675K + 50%. Not a bad return on investment, considering I got him for free 2 years ago.

- Zdravko Semialjac (ST): The guy was complaining. Since I had enough talent, I let him go for £250K + 50% to Rijeka.

The season was a hard one, as expected. We battled all season long to get out of the relegation zone, without really succeeding. but things were encouraging: I was able to compete with most of the clubs most of the time and snatched up a couple of draws that should have been losses. I think that this is really the theme of that season. Often, we would trail by a goal and get back or get close in the last few minutes of the game.

The second part of the season was much more encouraging. We actually were the surprise package for that part of the season where we managed to get our game together and finish just safe of the playoffs, in 10th place. 9 wins, 8 draws and 16 losses is still too few to expect anything more than survival, but that is what we've got and we're happy with it.

Star Players

- Nemanja Vargec (ST): Really made an instant impact on the team, with 24 goals and 8 assists in 32(4) apps. 7.44 average rating.

- Drazen Jurcic (ST): Comes back in this category in his role of supporting striker. Gets more playing time due to his Croatian nationality. 9 goals and 5 assists in 18(8) si an OK production from the striker

- Mladen Jerkic (AM RC): 5 goals and 10 assists is down from last year, but he adapted wonderfully to the First Division.

- Edin Husc (DM): Not getting as much exposure as others, but the captain was solid in the midfield with 1 goal, 5 assists and 2 tackles per game.

Misc

- Got in the Quarter Finals of the Croatian Cup for the first time. Good showing from the guys.

- Board finally starting to upgrade the facilities, both training and youth. Slowly becoming a respectable club.

2013-2014: Pushing for the top

After a first successful season in the First Division, we were hungry for more. We know we were still short of the top teams, but not by far. Last year was the season where we turned losses into draws, this season is where se start to turn those draws in wins.

The season was not spectaclular, but we were doing just that. Against a prediction of avoiding relegation (the most positive I've had up to now), we were heading for a relatively safe mid-table. Which is clearly what we've done, with 12 wins, 8 draws and 13 losses. Still 44 points is a nice improvement.

The highlight of the season however happened in the Croatian Cup. We somehow sneaked our way past everyone and ended up winning the Cup! icon_smile.gif We got a fairly favorable draw, but came up with big goals when they were needed, especially when crushing Dinamo at home. This guarantees us a place in the EURO Cup next year, which is a huge plus for our side.

Cup Run

Prelim. Rnd: 6-1 against Marsonia

1st Rnd: 2-1 against Cibalia

2nd Rnd: 3-2 against Varteks

Qtr Final (1): 2-1 win against Sesvete

Qtr Final (2): 2-3 loss gainst Sesvete ---> Through on away goals... Phew!

Semi Final (1): 5-0 win against Dinamo ---> Huuuuge home win.

Semi Final (2): 2-3 loss against Dimano ---> Win on aggregate 8-2.

Final (1): 2-0 win against Rijeka at home

Final (2): 1-2 loss against Rijeka away ---> Win the Cup 3-2 on aggregate!!!

New Signings

Pretty quiet here. I was relatively happy with my team at that point.

- Vedran Turkalj (DC): Croatian citizen and strong defenceman. He was signed as a backup but merited his place in the first team.

- Levente Petrok (DC): Young Hungarian International, signed from Debrecen for free. Will be pretty good in a couple of years.

- Luka Tiodorovic (AMC): Signed this Montenegrin from Zagreb. Terrific passer in front of the net.

Player Sales

- Sinisa Jukopila (AMC): He wanted to move on and I actually let him. Got a £875K + 40% from a bunch of clubs when I offered them to clubs and my chairman stepped in to accept the offers. No big deal. Was later sold for £300K, so I got a nice share of money from the guy...

Star Players

- Andriy Yatlenko (ST): Shone in front of the net with 31 goals and 5 assists. 12 of those goals came during the cup's 9 games.

- Drazen Jurcic (ST): Played well in the league, with 18 goals in 28(9) apps.

- Luka Tiodorovic (AMC): 6 goals and 6 assists in 28(4) apps, but most importantly 82% of completed passes. Dictated the play in the middle.

- Toni Deranja (MC): 2 goals and 6 assis in 40(1) apps, but was a calming force at midfield all through the year.

Misc

- City Council refused to expand the stadium... Grrr.

- 6 Dinamo players in the Team of the season. Looking to turn that around

- Farid Bakurskiy was named Young Player of the Year

Screenshots and more commentary coming in the next post.

Screenshots!

These screenshots were taken from my game at its current state, 2/3 of the 2014-2015 season and might not represent perfectly what was described earlier.

Club Info

Finances - No problem there...! icon_smile.gif

Overall Best 11

Manager Profile

Trophies won - Looking to expand that as well! icon_smile.gif

Screenshots of the individual players will come at the end of next season, in which I will do a proper club review.

If you have any questions, or if you're not dead from reading too much after this massive update, let me know!

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Great update mate, that took a while. Great to see so many familiar names aswell..

Semialjac, Jerkic, Verdas, Novosel, Jukopila, Turkalj, Kelava, Krizmanic, Cerovecki all stand out from my time in Croatia.

kutgw. icon14.gif

I will probably do a section called "Where are they now?" in my next update, so if you have a couple of good guys in your game, I'll be glad to tell you where they ended up in my game...!

Originally posted by Quacky:

I remember Edin Husic from my game in Serbia, superb player but I wouldn't play him in the position hes in that best 11 for you icon_biggrin.gif

hehe... Actually, he's never played a game there...

In that best 11, it would be much more appropriate if you swapped Jerkic and Husic, as Husic plays in the midfield and is the more defensively minded of my two midfielders.

N.Ireland. Mosside. 2015/16.

It's been so long since I've done an update that I will do a bit of an overview, (for nothing else then just to remind myself what I have done and when).

League finishes.

2008/09 Second Div. 8th.

2009/10 Second Div. 1st.

2010/11 First Div. 5th.

2011/12 First Div. 2nd.

2012/13 First Div. 1st.

2013/14 Premiership. 2nd.

2014/15 Premiership. 1st.

2015/16 Premiership. 2nd.

N.Irish Antrim Cup.

2013/14 Champions.

2014/15 Champions.

League Cup.

2013/14 Champions.

2014/15 Champions.

N.Irish Cup.

2013/14 Runners Up.

2014/15 Champions.

2015/16 Champions.

All Ireland Cup.

I am yet to even draw against a team from South of the border icon_frown.gif.

I got to about half-way through the 2015/16 season, but then lost the desire to play while I was awaiting the most recent patch and then didn't continue after the patch was released.

Almost as soon as I started to play again after about 2 months out I was beset with problems. My tactics needed more of a complete overhaul rather than a slight tweak. Where I was stable at the back before the break I was now shipping goals like a sieve like leaky thing with great bg holes in. We eventually finished 2nd in the Premiership, (behind surprise Champions Limavady Utd), with Linfield, Portadown and Glentoran in 3rd, 5th and 10th respectively.

My pre-break tactic involved a very particular tactic with a lone striker playing "withdrawn", but this just didn't work after the patch and I had to change things around. By the time I had changed things enough it was too late. The tactic still wasn't 100% but it was getting there.

Europe.

UEFA Cup.

2014 (H) Banik Ostrava (Czech Republic) Lost 2-0.

2014 (A) Banik Ostrava (Czech Republic) Drew 0-0.

Champions League.

2015 Shakhter Soligorsk (Belarus) Drew 1-1.

2015 Shakhter Soligorsk (Belarus) Lost 3-0.

Despite my apparrant step back in terms of league position, the "feel" of the game seems better to me. The midfielders are having more control over my games and in central midfielder Pedlow I had a player able to run the show and for the first time in my FM career I managed a player made over 100 passes in a game, (and in fact did so on a number of occasions). I struggled a little in the 2nd half with lots of stuff but mainly adapting to the new ME and also because I honestly couldn't remember who were my main players icon_rolleyes.gif.

Anyway, it's given me a bit of renewed interest in the game and I will hope to keep pushing on for the next season.

I'm slowly going through the close-season at the end of the 2015/16 season.

I have advertised for all staff positions at the club in an attempt to shake things up and I was surprised that a Welsh bloke (currently on the England coaching staff) applied for my position as a GK coach. I think I have better alternatives but I am considering signing him just in case I am missing out on something.

Anyway, I put it down to a bit of a one off and move on.

A couple of days later I get the response to my Ass Man advert. Heading the list is John Van't Schip. He is the Current Dutch National teams Ass Man. Initially I think that this is a bug but upon checking his history I see that he has already spent time managing in N.Ireland, (6 months at 2nd Div Loughgall).

Are you guys experiencing stuff like this?

Okay, this might take a lot of time (16.37 gmt as I write this, will check the time when I finish) and it is almost guaranteed to make Jimbo's screen weep with pain but it is time for:

Portglenone - Season 18-19 - Northern Irish Premier Division

June

A quiet month, as it usually is around here. Only thing of note was the announcement of our new season expectations which, incredibly enough, included winning the Premier Division. Also included, in small print, was that we were to win all the other cups. Well, we were supposed to enjoy the All-Ireland Cup and Champions League. The board has not yet reached the point of expecting anything from those competitions, a fact I value very high.

July[/]

The first round of the Champions League was drawn, pitting us against Ventspils of Latvia, a tie I was quietly confident we could get through but still aware that it could all go wrong. I arranged a couple of friendlies against our reserves and u-18s and got my first team unscathed through that.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Comp opp score Shots(on) o shots(on) poss cor o cor pass o pass yel red scorers assists

ECL Ventspils 2-1 12(6) 11(3) 60% 2 5 83% 70% 2 0 Day(2) Scott

</pre>

Actually, I'm gonna post this now and see how the code works with all the tags, it's so badly lined up in this box that I have no idea what it's gonna look like!

Originally posted by Icelander83:

Okay, so am I right in thinking that code is incompatible with the bold and italics tags? Will wait on an answer to that before going on with this. Oh, and I wouldn't cry too much if dafuge or someone could make the other two posts disappear?

Yeah you can't use other tags with the code tags.

i haved failed in Dafuges (made it to the premier and got relegated with 12 points)

so a new challenge and i've gone for the Welsh League and Cardiff based Dinas Powys

i am having troubles connecting to Image Shack so will post initial screenshots with my next update

Hi all,

I've been a lurker in the topic since the beginning and have now finally decided to take up the challenge!

So http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Smartno/startingprofile.jpg[/img]]here I am.

I'm off to Solvenia with http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Smartno/startingteaminfo.jpg[/img]]Smartno

A huge http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Smartno/startingsquad.jpg[/img]]squad to begin with, I'm sure you'll all agree!

Fingers crossed all the links have been done correctly - I've never done this before.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I have advertised for all staff positions at the club in an attempt to shake things up and I was surprised that a Welsh bloke (currently on the England coaching staff) applied for my position as a GK coach. I think I have better alternatives but I am considering signing him just in case I am missing out on something.

A couple of days later I get the response to my Ass Man advert. Heading the list is John Van't Schip. He is the Current Dutch National teams Ass Man. Initially I think that this is a bug but upon checking his history I see that he has already spent time managing in N.Ireland, (6 months at 2nd Div Loughgall).

I noticed it in a few games. An famous croatian ex-international (but not so famous that I remember his name right now) signed to my German 4th division newly promoted team as AssMan and if I start a game in Belgium I always get unemployed French superstaff (Division 1-level) reacting to my (Div3) adverts.

I've never used the advertise feature. (I've just realised this is probably against rules now? icon_confused.gif ) - I just use the Player / Staff search function

I've had a few dummy runs in Poland and Croatia, but I'm thinking of going with Slovakia. I've chosen Vranov. Play in green, have a fair number of players and a stadium of around 5,000. Only concern right now is getting rid of all these useless ageing players. Can't shift them, unless I get a feeder club.

However I have 6 weeks of studying to do, before I restart this challenge.

Pim Veerbek was in charge of Cliftonville on my game.

Nep. I don't think you are breaking the rules. It's just my LLM background coming to the fore.

Pretty sure Gundo carried the dafuge rules over and this certainly wasn't a dafuge rule.

This was down to individual preference tbh. I know the LLM's don't use the player search facility and other general gamers do. All where looking for really is that you follow the signing of players guideline(that's the mine one), which I know you are Nep. icon14.gif

UGS - Challenge League - 19/20 Winter Break

Summer number 12 was much more active than usual. In came 9 players of varying ability, all released by top flight clubs. Possible highlights were a very good GK, an ex-Bosnian U21 MRC that my coaches and scouts raved about and a good young ST plus a couple of +-30yo players I had had my eye on for a bit as very solid backups.

Just before the end of the window, I managed to flog my 3rd choice (actually 4th choice by that stage) MR for £100k to Malley which pleased me no end.

Pre-season was a total mixed bag as I tested out a few tactics and new players, a couple of embarrassing thrashings followed by a 12-1 win against Baulmes icon_redface.gif.

The schedulers had given us a horrific opening set of matches which started in Thun and the unveiling of one of my new tactics; 0-2 after 9 minutes was not ideal, we did get into the game and got a goal back right at the death. Next up was Sion away and we played much better and should have won but they equalised late on. One point from the following home matches against Kriens and La Chaux-de-Fonds was a) bad and b) meant we were close to the relegation zone after 4 matches. We got back on track against Gossau but a visit of Zurich predictably brought zero points.

And there followed a 14 match unbeaten run, our best ever. To be honest, as all our danger fixtures were cramped together I was expecting an unbeaten run against the easier opponents, just not that much. The final 8 matches in it were all victories, and seeing as we started with 3 wins and followed by 3 dodgy draws it could have easily been 14 straight wins. Highlights were victories over out of form Delemont and Sion and a deserved 3-2 comeback win against Thun in the reverse fixture, their only defeat so far. Unfortunately the final pre-break match brought a 3-6 defeat to La Chaux-de-Fonds :/. So, we are in an acceptable 5th place. Which is where I hope to more or less finish; can't quite believe that Sion will be as bad whilst not sure La Chaux-de-Fonds and Delemont can be caught.

The new GK has taken over from Kouakbi and done well whilst the Bosnian has been brilliant at MC. Lots of players are doing well, but there are no real standouts so far as in previous seasons...

Mosside. N.Ireland. Mini-European update 2016.

So after a loss and a draw in Europe in 2014. (UEFA Cup)

And another loss and a draw in Europe in 2015. (Champs League)

I was pretty much expecting something similar in 2016. (UEFA Cup)

We have just won in Europe icon_eek.gif!

UEFA Cup 1st Qual Rnd Leg 1. (A) Mosside 1 Zrinjski (Bos & Herz) 2.

UEFA Cup 1st Qual Rnd Leg 2. (H) Mosside 2 Zrinjski (Bos & Herz) 1.

* Mosside win 4-1 on pens aet.

We struggled in the first leg and got the valuble away goal when Super Sub, (on as a subicon_wink.gif) scored a goal out of nothing and a fairer result would have be en about 3-0 to them.

The home 2nd leg was a little different and we looked better than I had expected if I am honest. We had more of the ball but they were good at the back and we couldn't eke out an opening.

We went ahead on away goals when my centre-half #1 was left in acres of space from an indirect free-kick taken by my GK and he cooly slotted home.

The advantage reverted to them when they showed no little class to round my GK convincingly.

Once again we struck back. This time it was centre-half #2 who won the ball in the air from another indirect free-kick from my GK and powerd home to make it all square on aggregate.

It finished at 90 minutes still locked and then extra-time went the same time with us carrying a seriously injured midfielder hbaving used all 3 subs.

It went to pens and GK icon_wink.gif, DL, CB & DR cooly hit the target and in response, the Bosnians only managed 1 scored pen, (but hit the woodwork twice).

I know a lot of you laughed last year that my defenders seemed to outscore your strikers, but it looks like I am developing a similar squad again icon_biggrin.gif.

2 goals.

2 assists.

4 pens.

All scored by my GK/back 4 icon_wink.gif.

ps. I think my skipper and centre-half #1 was up to take the next pen icon_wink.gif.

2nd leg played out in front of a sell-out 1500 capacity Moyle District Council Grounds.

Our reward is a Second Qualifying Round tie against FC Basel od Switzerland.

Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

Hey how do you get the link so that it doesnt show the big long one and so that you can show your own

When you're doing a post click the URL button. Then copy and paste the URL in to the bit which says URL next to it. Then enter a title into the box that says Title next to it.

Rasharkin United 2007/08

In my first season at Rasharkin we didnt do that well..

Second Division:fm1hm2.png]Table[/url]

Irish Cup:First Round lol got beat by cookstown olympic 8-2

Intermediate League Cup:3rd in Group 4

Antrim Trophy:2nd round

Intermediate cup:1st round

Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

(Nat) League Year Club Username Achievements

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*(Pol) First 2017/18 Hetman Zamosc pjtopor 2 Champions League (2018,2019)

9 Domestic Titles

1 Uefa Cup (2017)

*(Nor) Premier 2020 Skjetten cookie15 1 Champions League (2020)

4 Domestic Titles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aus) First 2008/09 SV Grodig Gilbster -

(Blr) Premier 2012 Livadia RecliamTheKop -

(Blr) First 2008 Molodenchno Reverand&Makers -

(Bel) Premier 2029/30 Meldert CoachFlu 12 Domestic Titles

(Bel) Second 2009/10 KSK Hasselt saab693 -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 SW Harelbeke aqnfiqw -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 SW Harelbeke minisav -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 KSK Hasselt ridleys -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 RC Gent Razer82 -

(Cro) Premier 2023/24 Slovanja iacovone 9 Domestic Titles

(Cro) Premier 2013/14 NK Lokomotiva Zagreb Konquest -

(Cro) First 2008/09 NK Cakovec Spagbol -

(Cze) First 2011/12 Chmel Blasney DodgeeD -

(Cze) First 2009/10 Blasny glennuk -

(Cze) First 2008/09 Slavoj Vysehrad chopo -

(Den) Premier 2011/12 birkerød Alurny -

(Den) Second 2008 Svendborg Icelander83 -

(Fin) Premier 2012 Rakuunat Bluejacket -

(Gre) National 2008/09 Rodos corinthiano -

(Hu ) Second 2008/09 Nagykata J Mo -

(Ice) First 2008 Viair Garai aqnfiqw -

(Ire) First 2009 Sporting Fingal The_shocker7 -

(N.I) Premier 2033/34 Knockbreda NepentheZ 22 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2024/25 Downpatrick Gilbster 13 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2018/19 Sirocco Works dafuge 8 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2015/16 Lisbon Rangers gaijin 3 Domestic TitleS

(N.I) Premier 2015/16 Mosside Jimbokav1971 1 Domestic Title

(N.I) Premier 2010/11 Coleraine Crusaders gers51 -

(N.I) Premier 2039/40 Tandragee NepentheZ -

(N.I) Premier 2017/18 Portglenone Icelander83 4 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2014/15 Rasharkin ridleys 3 Domestic Titles

(N.I) Premier 2010/11 Knockbreda happy slappy -

(N.I) First 2011/12 Killyleagh AztecCrute -

(N.I) First 2008/09 Killyleagh PoopyPants -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Cookstown Olympic sergent21 -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Dollingstown jameslowe -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Rasharkin United Linfield Fc -

(Nor) Premier 2014 Randaberg IL Gundo -

(Nor) First 2014 Orn Horten jamieslowe -

(Nor) First 2010 FKUM Oslo rlipscombe -

(Nor) First 2012 KIL/Hemne CoatesyWins -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Lotus Luceafãrul 442to445 -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 CSM Sebes rfcabd -

(Rus) Premier 2015 Amur Blagoveschensk johnnyquest409 1 Domestic Title

(Ser) Super 2010/11 Obilic Belgrade dave safc -

(Ser) First 2008/09 Macva Des Tiny -

(Slk) Second 2009/10 FK Raca catesy2021 -

(Slk) Chall. 2009/10 Baden mocko666 -

(Swe) Premier 2017 Gestrike-Hammarby IF Scab 2 Domestic Titles

(Swe) Premier 2010 Limhamns IF Truegunner -

(Swe) First 2010 Limhamns IF pl-fikander -

(Swe) First 2010 Gauthiod Suma -

(Swe) First 2010 Gantofta IF padmore_001 -

(Swe) Second 2009 VMA IK Gilbster -

(Swi) Premier 2012/13 FC Baulmes Jazza -

(Swi) Premier 2017/18 SC YF Juventus Annihilator666 -

(Swi) Chall. 2018/19 FC UGS ghostwriter -

(Swi) Chall. 2008 FC Bex Flashman's S' D' -

(Wal) Premier 2010/11 Afan Lido dlnwba86 -

(Wal) Premier 2011/12 Newport YMCA KLH84 - </pre>

Best of luck to all the recent starters. icon14.gif

And just a reminder to everyone... Please include the number of Domestic Titles you've won (if any) in your end of season report, so it looks like this if possible; 9 Domestic Titles. It makes it much easier for people to keep track on what you've won and it makes it alot easier for me to update the table. Thanks for your co-operation chaps. icon_smile.gif

Yeah so... It's over for now icon_frown.gif My younger cousin wanted to play some fm whilst I was sitting for his parents, I told him he had to delete a save before starting a new game (I have about 10-13 saves at any given time) and told him very clearly that anything but the save named "gundo" was fair game, I wouldn't miss it. He deleted 2 saves, one named "gundo".

Will start this again at some point in the near future, don't have the heart for it right now, nor will I be likely to start again in Northern Ireland.

Oh and Gundo/aqnfiqw, if you want to know it's actually "Víðir Garði", not viair garai icon_wink.gif feel free to copy that and use icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

Sorry to hear that Icelander83. icon_frown.gif I've enjoyed reading your reports immensely, I thought you brought something different to the table. icon14.gif

No worries, I'm now in the middle of a Real Madrid save to try and remember what money feels like, after that it's back to the basics! Just wondering where those basics will be picked up.. And I've also got a few ideas on how to spice up the updates icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Icelander83:

Yeah so... It's over for now icon_frown.gif My younger cousin wanted to play some fm whilst I was sitting for his parents, I told him he had to delete a save before starting a new game (I have about 10-13 saves at any given time) and told him very clearly that anything but the save named "gundo" was fair game, I wouldn't miss it. He deleted 2 saves, one named "gundo".

Will start this again at some point in the near future, don't have the heart for it right now, nor will I be likely to start again in Northern Ireland.

Oh and Gundo/aqnfiqw, if you want to know it's actually "Víðir Garði", not viair garai icon_wink.gif feel free to copy that and use icon_wink.gif

Gutted for you icon_frown.gificon13.gif.

Well, the pain has been alliviated somewhat by a promise made by aforementioned cousin. I'll be getting full catering tomorrow during the champs league game icon_biggrin.gif Not close to being worth it but it's a start. Now there's just a question where to send the boy, no drivers licence = no fun for him... Mwahahaha

Anyhow, holidayed in austria but the teams that came through there were way too good, huge stadia and what not. Wondering where to actually do this.

Suggestions welcome, anything with a rep of 8-12 or so is welcome, personal experiences of said league preferable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now there's just a question where to send the boy, no drivers licence = no fun for him... Mwahahaha

Pluto? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, plute pancakes sound good...

nahh, he may be stupid but I doubt even he would try that one. Ohh, and currently holidaying in Sweden. Soon off to watch hells kitchen icon_cool.gif then hopefully back to play a bit.

Indeed the best club possible for this competition is to be found in Austria after GAK had was docked 28 points and relegated a couple of divisions.

I've always enjoyed the Slovenian league personally but I've never had a bad save in eastern Europe as a whole.

Archived