Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Yastian:

Is it too late for a newcomer to start this challenge?

If not, my country and team of choice is Hungary and Szeged.

It's never to late, welcome to the party! icon_wink.gif

Apologies, I have not been able to update you with my Gantofta game due to my laptop just failing on me.

So lost that game and although I enjoyed this challenge I think I'm gonna give dafuge's challenge a go, although I may be back when I completely fail there. Good luck to everyone icon14.gif

max1994 Juventus Bucharest end of seson update 2008-2009

Updated manger profile

Finances

League Table 08-09

Squad

League Since my last update everything has gone from strengh to strengh since my first round cup exit. With us in 2nd place in the league at the break. i won 22 games all season with 10 draws and 2 loses, Not bad for a team with a media prediction of 17th. Anyway the season went write down to the wire.with us being 2 points behind with one gme to play but in are advantage we had a better goal difference. Anyway Ceahual the team above us who were playing later in the day,so we new we had to win. I encorage the team who the media reckoned would get thrashed by dinamo bucharest reserves, which incidently included 1 of my players who i had sold to them for 420k earlier in the season. I told my team they could win this game which resulted in a top drawer peformance.I won

8-1 with ceahual loosing 4-0 the title was mine.

Transfers

Transfers

My most notable singings were Ronaldo fonsesca who was putting in some stella performes but when i was offered 120k for him i sold him

Cornel ghetti who was also playin incredible well was also sold for 420k

Signing of the season was Laurentiu Marinescu who s bought for 180k who contributed 13 goals and 6 assists from 20 league appearences.

Fans player of the year Laurentiu Marinescu

so first division football next season wish me luck as i now im gonna win it

Originally posted by max1994:

max1994 Juventus Bucharest end of seson update 2008-2009

Updated manger profile

Finances

League Table 08-09

Squad

League Since my last update everything has gone from strengh to strengh since my first round cup exit. With us in 2nd place in the league at the break. i won 22 games all season with 10 draws and 2 loses, Not bad for a team with a media prediction of 17th. Anyway the season went write down to the wire.with us being 2 points behind with one gme to play but in are advantage we had a better goal difference. Anyway Ceahual the team above us who were playing later in the day,so we new we had to win. I encorage the team who the media reckoned would get thrashed by dinamo bucharest reserves, which incidently included 1 of my players who i had sold to them for 420k earlier in the season. I told my team they could win this game which resulted in a top drawer peformance.I won

8-1 with ceahual loosing 4-0 the title was mine.

Transfers

Transfers

My most notable singings were Ronaldo fonsesca who was putting in some stella performes but when i was offered 120k for him i sold him

Cornel ghetti who was also playin incredible well was also sold for 420k

Signing of the season was Laurentiu Marinescu who s bought for 180k who contributed 13 goals and 6 assists from 20 league appearences.

Fans player of the year Laurentiu Marinescu

so first division football next season wish me luck as i now im gonna win it

Great season Max. Good luck next season. icon14.gif

Adam Daly - Sporting Fingal - 2013/2014

Hi guys havent updated in a while, but seeing as how it looks like im going to win my first domestic title i thought i better give a catch up!

3 Seasons

a complete change of tactics has seen the same team become near unbeatable - full update tonight when after i win the league icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by happy slappy:

Decided to start afresh for the fourth or fifth time (can't remember) in good old Switzerland, took over as the new manager of newly promoted GC Biaschesi.

Here is me.

And here's the team info.

Now let the games begin!

Good luck icon14.gif (you'll need it)

Have to say I have never come across Biaschesi during my years (and years and years) in Switzerland (even in the cup). Did a bit of research and it appears there around 50 possible clubs that can come up to the CL (although I expect several have too small a reputation to promote), so that is probably why.

UGS - Challenge League - 20/21 - Winter Break

Main activity of the Summer happened early on as I bid a sad farewell to Martin Brode after 5 brilliant years here, the reason for his departure being a £1m offer from Schaffhausen (£500k upfront). This was the only monetary sale so we started the season around £4.7m so it is sure that with next seasons prize money and all the monthly installments coming in for Pehar and Brode, £5m will be reached next Summer at the latest.

Martin Brode (AML, 25, Swiss) - 147(5)apps, 24gls, 75assts, 12MOM, 7.38AR

There was little success in the signing of players, all I managed to get were backups; a DL (although the coaches think he is better than Jovanovic), a DC, a DMC and an MLC. So we started the season with a much weaker squad than last year, possibly as weak as it has been in the last 6 years. There was no adequate replacement for Pehar and no replacement at all for Brode, my only solution was to move Leerdam across to ML onto his weaker foot and bring back Michael (who I had been intending to sell) to MR. Was no longer thinking top 6 was possible....

We started off with a very fortunate home win to Concordia which was not really too encouraging and there followed 5 defeats in 7, hmmm. We in deep mid-table. We got a bit better with 2-2 home draws to La Chaux-de-Fonds and Delemont and were unlucky to lose in Schaffhausen but it was not inspiring stuff. Thankfully after our annual Swiss Cup 1st Round defeat an all-grey team we found some form, one goal conceded in 6 including a surprisingly easy win in Kriens (despite playing 1 hour with 10 men) and a fantastic win at leaders Thun (thanks to a comedy 40 yard back pass own goal). Less good amongst that was drawing 0-0 at 2nd bottom Etoile-Carouge who were down to 9 men after 25 minutes :/. The run came to sudden halt as Wintherthur completed an embarrasing double over us in the final game before the break. So, a disappointing but deserved 10th place is where we find ourselves.

For a change the defence is causing little problems (apart from Adler being as dodgy as I expected him to be this season), it is the attacking, 29 goals in 22 games is not too good. Main reason behind this is a total lack of creativity which is obviously because of the lack of a natural left winger and a DMC orientated midfield.

What is slightly frustrating is that at the top Schaffhausen are nothing special and Thun are hardly world beaters, if we had last season's squad we might have had a chance at promotion...

Anyway, getting past Gossau into 7th might be possible but don't think any higher than that is feasible. Just as long as we turn pro in the Summer...

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

UGS - Challenge League - 20/21 - Winter Break

Main activity of the Summer happened early on as I bid a sad farewell to Martin Brode after 5 brilliant years here, the reason for his departure being a £1m offer from Schaffhausen (£500k upfront). This was the only monetary sale so we started the season around £4.7m so it is sure that with next seasons prize money and all the monthly installments coming in for Pehar and Brode, £5m will be reached next Summer at the latest.

Martin Brode (AML, 25, Swiss) - 147(5)apps, 24gls, 75assts, 12MOM, 7.38AR

There was little success in the signing of players, all I managed to get were backups; a DL (although the coaches think he is better than Jovanovic), a DC, a DMC and an MLC. So we started the season with a much weaker squad than last year, possibly as weak as it has been in the last 6 years. There was no adequate replacement for Pehar and no replacement at all for Brode, my only solution was to move Leerdam across to ML onto his weaker foot and bring back Michael (who I had been intending to sell) to MR. Was no longer thinking top 6 was possible....

We started off with a very fortunate home win to Concordia which was not really too encouraging and there followed 5 defeats in 7, hmmm. We in deep mid-table. We got a bit better with 2-2 home draws to La Chaux-de-Fonds and Delemont and were unlucky to lose in Schaffhausen but it was not inspiring stuff. Thankfully after our annual Swiss Cup 1st Round defeat an all-grey team we found some form, one goal conceded in 6 including a surprisingly easy win in Kriens (despite playing 1 hour with 10 men) and a fantastic win at leaders Thun (thanks to a comedy 40 yard back pass own goal). Less good amongst that was drawing 0-0 at 2nd bottom Etoile-Carouge who were down to 9 men after 25 minutes :/. The run came to sudden halt as Wintherthur completed an embarrasing double over us in the final game before the break. So, a disappointing but deserved 10th place is where we find ourselves.

For a change the defence is causing little problems (apart from Adler being as dodgy as I expected him to be this season), it is the attacking, 29 goals in 22 games is not too good. Main reason behind this is a total lack of creativity which is obviously because of the lack of a natural left winger and a DMC orientated midfield.

What is slightly frustrating is that at the top Schaffhausen are nothing special and Thun are hardly world beaters, if we had last season's squad we might have had a chance at promotion...

Anyway, getting past Gossau into 7th might be possible but don't think any higher than that is feasible. Just as long as we turn pro in the Summer...

It's always gutting to lose a player who contributes so much to your team. I don't suppose the £1 million was much consolation for such a key player either. icon_frown.gif

Keep plugging away though I'm sure you'll get your reward given time. It's been great to follow your reports. icon14.gif

Killyleagh 2010 - 2011 Season Review

Pre-Season Transfers

Pre Season saw 2 big names from last season leave the squad in my bid to balance the books. First to go was Alan Martin (39 games, 8 goals) to Armagh for 20k, followed out by Stephen Tierney (39 games, 5 goals) for 20k to Brantwood.

On the plus side we added 7 new faces including McNally a MC on a free transfer and Sean Dean (DC) on a free from Oxford Utd Stars.

January Transfers

Two major transfers happened in the January window, in 2 days I let 2 of my best players leave, both for 20k, Scott McManus my star striker (34 games, 39 goals) left for Dungannon and Darren Hunter, who had been here from the start (95 games, 16 goals) left for Ards.

This left me with a positive bank balance for the first time but at a great cost to the club.

First Division Review

After our playoff defeat last season we went into this season expecting to be challenging at the top again, a media prediction of 3rd confirmed that our aim should be promotion to the Premier league.

The season never really got going, we only managed 2 wins in a row twice all season, and at one stage managed a run of only 1 win in 10 league games.

We did manage to finish 5th but all in all a very dissapointing season.Final Table

Player of the season - Johnny Rios Player Stats

Season Summary

First Division - Fifth

Irish Cup - Fifth Round - Lost 2-1 to Tobermore Utd

Intermediate Cup - Second Round - Lost on Penalties to Mosside

Intermediate League Cup - Quarter-Final - Lost 4-3 to H & W Welders

Antrim Trophy - Fourth Round - Lost 1-0 to H & W Welders

Originally posted by Gundo:

It's always gutting to lose a player who contributes so much to your team. I don't suppose the £1 million was much consolation for such a key player either. icon_frown.gif

Keep plugging away though I'm sure you'll get your reward given time. It's been great to follow your reports. icon14.gif

Thanks icon14.gif

It was gutting in the sense that I went the whole season without a natural ML, but as my sole objective at the moment is turning pro so even if it makes us awful I have to flog as many players as I can for as much as I can :/. I negotiated, they accepted. I have to say although I knew he was fantastic, only when I totalled everything up for the post above did I realise how ridiculously great he was, a assist every 2 games over 150 appearances is damn good going.

As I said, as long as I turn pro in the Summer it be will worth it, as I am presume there will be better wingers than Brode available then.

And, daemonic, the more players in the Switerland the better, well, as long as you don't embarrass me by going up in the first season.

Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

All people who have managed in Norway

Are there any foreign player restrictions?

Here are the match rules regarding player selection for the Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier):

-The match squad must have no more than 3 non-EU players.

-You can register up to 99 players during the registration windows.

The foreigner rule in FM08 is an old on, there is a newer ruling now, that hopefully will be included in FM09.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

Here are the match rules regarding player selection for the Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier):

The foreigner rule in FM08 is an old on, there is a newer ruling now, that hopefully will be included in FM09.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does thank you

Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, I'll include both of your games on the next challenge table. icon14.gif

Originally posted by max1994:

Gundo mate would it be alrite if i had two gams at once. because i am inspired to star a new game in switzaland i keep posting updates on my curent game its jut that i need a break. plz icon_biggrin.gif

No problem, I'll include both of your games on the next challenge table. icon14.gif

Adam Daly - 2013/2014 - Season Review

Pre-Season

pre season was dedicated to two activities, seliing some players to balance the books and working on a new formation. i managed to raise £190k by selling three players and changed my formation from a wing-based formation to a 4-3-1-2 to utilise an abundunce of quality central midfielders - http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/adamdaly77/?act...ent=NewFormation.jpg

Squad -

these are all the players that qualified for a premier division winners medal

Gk - Lee Boyle

Gk - Lee Henderson

D/RL - Ryan KellyDRC - Regillo Nooitmeer

D/ML - Jordan Stott

Dc - Laurence Gaughan

Dc - Gary Smith

DRC - James Stevens

DRC - Scott Parkinson

DMC - Peter Ellis

MC - Brian Blake

MR - Chris Dawson

AMC - David Martin

AMLC - Tamas Hajnal

DMC - Tim Jackson

AMC/FC - Zeljko Djukic

SC - Derek Brown

SC - Jon Daly

SC - Malcolm Roseniorlbums/s205/adamdaly77/LeeBailey.jpg]AMLC/ST - Lee Bailey[/url]

The season was very straight forward, my young team thrived in the new formation and we led from day one, we managed to make the Irish cup final where we lost to Cork City.

in 5 seasons we still have not been entered to the Irish League Cup - do you guys think this could be a bug?

finances are quite grim, i made £500k in profit on transfers but am barely in the black - luckily my Youth Academy which i have had from day 1 is churing out youngsters!

League Table

Finances

Club Info

Swedish League - FBK Balkan - Season 2

After missing out on promotion by a single point last season I was determined to go up this and that exactly what I told the board. Last years success didn't go unnoticed by the rest of Sweden as I couldn't go a single day (game time) without at least 1 club enquiring or offering an insulting amount of money for 1 of my star players. I mainly rejected the offers and enquiries but the club was in a fair bit of debt and the Chairman went over my head when we got this offer for my goalkeeper. I also sold my centre back for around 20K which helped the finances out temporarily.

Unfortunately last years success didn't have an effect on my fans as for the second season running we hardly sold a season ticket. It's hard to put a promotion chasing side together without the financial backing of either rich owner or lots of fans and something tells me that Abramovich won't be chucking Chelsea for FBK Balkan.

We ended up doing brilliantly in the league in terms of results but were struggling for performances, the problem was that within 1 season we've gone from relegation favourites to promotion favourites and teams were playing narrower and deeper against us. I slight change in tactics and we finally put the performances in and we won the league with three games to go.

League Table

Finances

Team Selection

During the transfer window I signed a striker that I'm expecting big things from, especially next year when we'll probably be favourites to go down and his pace, finishing and free-kicks (at this level) should be deadly. Brent Fisher.

Killyleagh 2011 - 2012 Season Review

Pre-Season Transfers

After the shambles that was last season I decided that I didn't want to make too many changes this year, enough will trying to balance the books, now was the time to run the club for football.

Thats what I thought anyway until the first day of the new transfer window and the board accepted a 50K offer for my star goalkeeper,not impressed, I had put a 50k asking price on his head thinking no club would go near him.

Transfers Out

Nigel Neill - 50k- Newry (69 games)

Brendan Mooney - Free - Institute (32 games, no goals)

Neil Alderdice - Free - Larne (64 games, 2 goals)

Transfers In

Kevin Best from Lurgan Town on a free to be my new number 1

Richie Doyle and Gordon Patton, two young centre forwards to battle for a starting position.

And my best signing, the return of Adrian McCaffrey Sold after the 2008-2009 season for 20k he returns on a free transfer after leaving Distillery.

January Transfers

After a good start to the season I had lots of offers for my best players but as promotion was in our sights only one player was allowed to leave with no one new coming in.

Gary Busch - 12k - Institute (22games, 1goal)

First Division Review

After the disappointment of last season we were predicted a mid table 5th place finish however with the quality at my disposal I knew with a bit of luck we could be challenging for promotion again.

What I didnt see is us running away with the league, only losing 2 games all season and playing some very good football.

Final Table

We also managed to make our second final, this time of the Antrim Trophy Antrim Trophy Final

Fans Player of the year and Top Scorer = Richie Doyle

Highest Rated Player = Johnny Jordan

Full Squad Stats

Season Summary

First Division - First - Promotion

Irish Cup - Fiourth Round - Lost 2-1 to Dunmurry YM

Intermediate Cup - Second Round - Lost 1-0 to Banbridge Reserves

Intermediate League Cup - Group 4 - Finished 3rd in group

Antrim Trophy - Winners -Won 2-0 in Final vs Lisburn Rangers

Antrim Cup - Quarter Final - Lost 1-0 to Larne

Guest mikeytwigge

starting my game now in iceland.

the team i am managing is called Afturelding. anyone else have experience managing them

A breaking news story from Bulgaria.............

Reports are emanating from the remotest parts of Bulgaria that Pomorie, a very small club in Western "B" group, have a appointed a little known English manager. The new manager has gone on record to state thhat his first intentions are too "appoint some staff!". Alongside the Chairman he is the only employee of the club, apart from a couple of young players!

In an interview to gathered reporters (both of them) he went on to announce his intentions of taking Pomorie to the crown of European glory. The reporters chuckled to themselves and intimated that he would need to be some sort of magician to achieve such heights. The new manager replied, "Watch and see!"

Oh the new manager, he goes by the name of...................Marcus Evan Cook! icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, the decision was much easier than I thought. I have taken over the mighty Boo FF, on the premise that they have a lot of players on £0 per week contracts already, so I can tie down any of the better ones. Told the board I would come mid-table, the kit is quite unusual, but mostly because the name is AWESOME! Here's my profile pic: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uswzko&s=3

Also, the Swedish Premier Division ended up really weirdly, with just a point separating the top 6. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34qppic&s=3 Not as close as it looks though, as Malmo lost their last three games and drew the one before, so basically choked as soon as they became Champions, and everyone decided to try and catch up.

Originally posted by cookie15:

A breaking news story from Bulgaria.............

Reports are emanating from the remotest parts of Bulgaria that Pomorie, a very small club in Western "B" group, have a appointed a little known English manager. The new manager has gone on record to state thhat his first intentions are too "appoint some staff!". Alongside the Chairman he is the only employee of the club, apart from a couple of young players!

In an interview to gathered reporters (both of them) he went on to announce his intentions of taking Pomorie to the crown of European glory. The reporters chuckled to themselves and intimated that he would need to be some sort of magician to achieve such heights. The new manager replied, "Watch and see!"

Oh the new manager, he goes by the name of...................Marcus Evan Cook! icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

The color of their kit doesn't surprise me, although it's alittle lighter green than your used to. icon_biggrin.gif

haha, Boo FC by FAR the best named club until now icon14.gif.

good luck.

are they actually based in a town called Boo then?

What about FC Willy of Romania (who can be used in this challenge)? Surprised no one has played as them.

^ Ha true.

I've done a little research, but they're so obscure it's very hard. Their stadium is unknown on the game! The town they come from is called Saltsjo-Boo, the team is Boo FF, Swedish teams use FF not FC, obviously because of the language. Atm, all my scout is coming up with is loans, so I've been signing quite a lot of them...

UGS - Challenge League - 20/21

Table at Winter Break

Right, so 10th was not where I wanted to be. I managed to sign a few players in the break, none of whom were, unfortunately, that great. 3 defenders (one on loan) came in and played sporadically whilst I got a veteran Swedish MC in to spice up midfield. Obviously he prompted damaged his shoulder and was out for 2 months icon_rolleyes.gif.

Not really too much to report, our record was W4 D2 L6, nothing ridiculously embarrassing, nothing that good either. We hit 9th once but ended up in the same 10th place as we had been in the last 6 months of the season.

Great. Lowest points and position for 6 years, least number of goals scored since the 2nd season icon_redface.gif. Bizarrely, 3rd least goals conceded so far.

Final Squad

Final Summary

Transfers - Bourillon was more or less a success, as unexpectedly was Stanisic. Maccarone and Barg were acceptable while the rest were pretty dire. Not much to shout about.

Maric and Rauscher scored a fair few, no-one else did. 2 DMCs at MC and no ML did not help matters. Despite the lack of conceded goals our defence was overall quite poor, Adler had as dodgy a second season as I was expecting.

I struggled but I found these players to note:

Best Defender - Laurent Bourillon - very "relative", mainly noted as he did get the best av rating and also because he solved the Jovanovic problem, did acceptably well and would accept him being there next season

Best Midfielder - David Schmidt - more utmost consistency, 3rd consecutive season of similar performances, still would like a bit more

Best Winger - Kelvin Leerdam - worst season here albeit not that bad compared to others and still got 10 assists, is definitely on the wane and pretty sure next season will be his last here and that will hopefully be spent on the bench rather than as first choice

Best Striker - Arnaud Maric - much worse on the av rating front but in the end he only got 3 goals less than last season and he scored close to 40% of our goals so no complaints, depending on who being professional brings in I can't really be sure whether he will still be 1st choice come next season

Down came Servette and based on their previous excursions to this neck of the woods they will be straight back up. However, the rest are all much of a muchness and very much beatable (albeit not last season icon_biggrin.gif) so with our new found professionalism and improvements in the ranks, top 5 should be reachable again. Don't think we would be ready for promotion but I suppose that depends on who I can entice here.

Now I will be pro, if I am not out of this division in the next 3 years I will not be a happy bunny.

I really really need the following: a GK (back-up or preferably first choice), at least one DC, at least one creative MC, an ML (and back-up), at least one ST. In addition a new MR, a better DL and improvement anywhere on the pitch would be nice. Being pro should at least attract most of those.

20/21 Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven - Michael's renaissance brings him up from the bench while Ernst makes an appearance

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

12/13 - Challenge League - 11th

13/14 - Challenge League - 9th

14/15 - Challenge League - 13th

15/16 - Challenge League - 4th

16/17 - Challenge League - 4th

17/18 - Challenge League - 7th

18/19 - Challenge League - 6th

19/20 - Challenge League - 5th

20/21 - Challenge League - 10th

By the way, I have already played the pre-season so it was not just speculation above, I really have finally, after 13 years, turned......professional...... icon_eek.gif

And I have spent £170k on a GK icon_redface.gif (and that was before we turned pro!)

Now I have to get used to destroying my carefully controlled wage budget, actually buying players and not really caring about our bank balance any more.

By the way, I have already played the pre-season so it was not just speculation above, I really have finally, after 13 years, turned......professional...... icon_eek.gif

Wahooooooh, about time to. icon14.gif

Feels good doesn't it, now your adventure begins again... icon_cool.gif

Congrats on turning pro Ghostwriter. icon14.gif I've been followig your exploits in Switzerland and I hope this will bring about the difference that helps you go up.

For FM 09, I think I'll go for an amateur/semi-pro club for more of a challenge. Into the 2nd half of my new Blsany season. Just behind Sparta Prague on goal difference with 12 games left and I've got Roma in the UEFA Cup next! icon_eek.gif I'll have the report up by the weekend.

It seems when playing cup competitions in Northern Ireland I'm better at playing against league teams. As soon as I get a non-league team I get knocked out!

btw - do you get any bonuses for progressing in any of the N Ireland cup competitions. I know in the early rounds you don't but not having progressed very far in any cup I don't know about the latter rounds.

Could do with any assistance on my finances. I'm only £30k in debt, but thats a lot of money in this league. Losing £4-5k per month too. Always a case of selling your best player each summer to sort out your finances before getting the debt back through the course of the season.

Archived