Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Here it goes, like i said earlier my bro acidently over righted my saved game in wales, so im starting fresh in croatia with Uskok. told the board i will aviod relegation they have given me 4k to spend on wages and no transfer budget. will post end of season report later hopefully

Manager Profile - http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2292/gundoschallengemanagerpuz6.jpg

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

Unlucky with the draw for the Champs League there Iacovone. I'm sure you'll get there at some point with all that promising youth coming through. That Sinisa Lucic looks like a complete club legend!

Indeed he is Mike. If you look back at my updates from years gone by you'll see that he has been with us from the beginning of the glory days at Slavonija. I forgot to mention that this season he was Croatian Player of the Year too. I think 4 years ago he also picked up European Golden Boot icon_smile.gif He's also never asked for a move and is the only player to ever be on the clubs 'favoured personnel' list icon14.gif

He epitomises the word 'Legend' in my opinion icon_biggrin.gif

Re: Champions League draw - we've been v.unlucky the last two years drawing Liverpool and Valencia. The two massive clubs in Europe at the moment. Hoping for better luck this year.

Originally posted by iacovone:

I've also decided the long term plan is to (hopefully) win the Champions League and then resign, take over at a recently promoted club back in the 2nd Division and do it all again! Thats the dream anyway...

Sounds good. icon14.gif I thought of doing that, but you've got to do the easy bit and win the Champions League first. icon_biggrin.gif

On the subject of teams with funny names... In Norway there's a club called Fart, who play in the lower leagues and yes the weather conditions are always windy for home games. icon_biggrin.gif

On the subject of teams with funny names... In Norway there's a club called Fart, who play in the lower leagues and yes the weather conditions are always windy for home games.

icon_smile.gif

Found out today that Young Boys Bern play at the W ankdorf Stadium!

You could not make that up. icon_biggrin.gif

thezogsageordie - congrats on staying up, and even better, in relegating Krka (bastards icon_mad.gif)

iacovone Young Boys Wankdorf has been the name of my fantasy football teams for a few years now since I discovered that happy fact...

I presume we all know of Deportivo Wanka from Peru...?

They sell something like a thousand shirts in the UK each year now icon_biggrin.gif

Keeping this slightly on topic (icon_wink.gif) I've had a great start to season19. Undefeated in the league and Europe so far plus we've only conceeded 2 goals. Think we've played 7 games so far. Basically uphauled my fairly mundane 4-4-2 tactics for 2 new tactics - 1 home, 1 away. At home, the lovely Christmas Tree has been brought back (3-1-3-2-1) and away I've tried to create Slaven Bilic's Croatia tactic (4-1-3-2).

All seems to be going well so I'm happy with myself so far icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

On the subject of teams with funny names... In Norway there's a club called Fart, who play in the lower leagues and yes the weather conditions are always windy for home games. icon_biggrin.gif

Had the Turkish lower divisions bug not prevented me from playing there, I would have taken charge of 'Batman Petrol Sports Club'. icon_biggrin.gif Another of the promoted teams was Belediye Van Spor - Van is a city in the east, Belediye translates as 'council' thus making 'Council Van Sports Club' icon_biggrin.gif

NK Koprivnica 2008-2009::

And as promised, here’s more on the story we reported on earlier.NK Koprivnica have appointed unknow manager Max Trayhorn after the former manger resigned.

Transfers: A quick glance at the squad showed me that I had to strengthen my team. I bought in a couple of experienced centre backs. These two would be the base of my team. They were followed by a triplet of creative cheap Jamaican players. However my most notable signing was 17 yr old Croatia U19 sticker Matej Jelic He has decent stats at 17 and he hasn’t finished growing, one for the future I’m shore of that. My best signing though was Jamaican creative midfielder John-Ross Doyley.

Transfers

Pre season: After spending endless hours choosing then designing my tactic I was almost ready to do battle. When I say almost I Really mean I need to get some players who can pass a f*****g ball. So I have created my tactic got my players now I was ready to start. My first result was a thrilling encounter. I took the lead in the 21st minute through Matija Crnila the game then went quiet for a while that was until Sesvete launched a quick counter just before half time. They scored with there first shot on target. I restored my lead on the 60 minute mark

this time it was Mario Pajic who scored a dipping volley from the edge of the area.

I looked to have taken the game 2-1 but disaster struck as they scored again, this

time from a corner in the first minute of injury time. My lead was restored as substitute Nenad Baotic scored a header to clinch it. This was followed by a 0-0 draw with Marsonia.

In my opinion I had strengthened my squad enough to play some stronger foreign opposition and from what I saw in the first game I was right, here’s how the match panned out.

BATE 3 NK Koprivnica 3

However the tour started to go down hill after that. Here are the other results.

Dinamo Brest 3 NK Koprivnica 2

Dinamo Minsk 4 NK koprivnica 2

And finally.

Torpedo Zhodino 4 NK Koprivnica 0

A shocking performance where the twats played like 3 legged donkeys.

Pre season continued: Morale was low after our shocking performances in Bulgaria and me telling the players exactly what I though of them I desperately needed to get morale up so I arranged a final 2 friendlies I recorded a 5-0 drumming of my U19s with Matej Jelic scoring all five this was followed 2 days later by a 2-1 victory over Belisce who ironically I have to play in the first game of the season the scorer this time was Matej Jelic who this time got 3 but 1 was at the wrong f*****g end.

A pretty poor pre season with 3 wins 3 losses and 2 draws.

The league: We started the league at home to Belisce. We took the lead in the 6 minute with a tapping from Miroslav Pejic how opened his account. We dominated proceedings at half time I send the lads back out telling them to keep it up but just after the break my right winger injured a muscle in his lower back, I later find out he will be out for at least a month so on jogged my other right winger. The match finished 2-1 in the end is scored another late winner this time in the 8th minute of injury time.

This was followed by defeat were at one point I was 3 nil down I was unlucky not to win it as I pretty much dominated proceedings even hitting the post towards the end. I won the next 3 games 2-1, 4-0 and 2-0 then I hit the dreaded injury crisis that I seem to get in every game. 5 of my first team regulars were out for a month with my backup defensive mid out for 2-3 months. Disaster. With no strong cover in those positions I had a makeshift defence and midfield with only 4 regular players playing the crisis transferred into my league performances as well.

With no win in 4 going into the 2 hardest games so far my chances didn’t look great but a 5-2 demolition of fist division squad Osijek gave us our much needed victory. Onto the second part of the group of crucial games inspired by our performance against Osijek I told the players they win our game against Zagreb.We started strongly taking the lead with a Garfield Reid* screamer on 27 minutes. They pulled one back through inform striker Plumb Jusufi they then scored another 2 in quick succession so with them scoring 3 goals in 10 minutes things weren’t looking good I new the game was over so I started to prepare for the next game however I did pull one back through John-Ross Doyley. Final score 3-2.

So with no win in 5 and having lost my last 3 league games things needed to turn around fast the performances turned around faster than you can say **** as we went on a 5 match winning streak in that streak was our best performance of the season a 7-2 strumming of Pomorac this was followed by 4 games which I won by 1 or 2 goals. The next game marked my return to loosing ways with a 6-4 defeat I was unlucky as I dominated the match and in the dying seconds I hit the bar and the keeper made the save of the season to deny Reid.

We returned to winning ways in the next game with a 3-1 victory the joy didn’t last long however as we were thumped 2-0 away to Solin so after the 3 month in season break we sat in 4th going into the game against bilesce which ironically we scored 4 goals compared to there 2 tthis was followed by a 3 game winning streak where we scored at least 3 goals in each game and kept to clean sheets. We were two points behind 3rd with a game in hand we would have leep frogged them if it wasn’t for Marko Loncar the bastard scored and to add insult to injury he was offside. In the next game I put 6 goals past Pomorac this time beating them 6-2 .

My form dropped majorly in the last 7 games with 2 wins 1draw and 4 losses with the poorest performance coming in the last game of the season a 5-1 loss to Solin.

The cup: in the prelim round I was drawn against Vrbovec who I comfortable beat 4-0 with Jelic scoring all four. In the next round I was drawn against Osijek .

A first division side who were expected to beat us comfortably I won 5-2 however I couldn’t continue my cup shocks as I was knocked out in the second round 3-1 by Varteks .

Squad

Finances

League Table

Player of the season

So a good first season im slightly dissapionted with the number of games i lost and the goals i conceeded but on the whole a very good season. hopefully i will be able to win it wish me luck and i dont know how this is so i appoligize if it is massive

Originally posted by spotg:

thezogsageordie - congrats on staying up, and even better, in relegating Krka (bastards icon_mad.gif)

Thanks Spot, yeah it was a good season I beat them 2 times out of 3! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

Congrats on staying up geordie! (Is it okay if I just call you that as its much shorter?) Good solid base to build on there, hopefully you can push on next season. Ignore the press, I think they take what your squad is like when you take over rather than the team you actually put together. That's a pretty swish looking skin as well.

Thanks Mike, call me what you like I'm not bothered but Geordie is fine!

Yeah well I've just finished 6th, I'll do an update in a moment.

Crensovci End Of Season Update 2009/10 (Season 2)

Table | Graph

Good seasono staying between 3rd and 7th all year and also considering I had an 18 man squad consisting of:

4 gk

4 cb

1 dm

2 cm

1 aml

1 amr

2 amc

3 st

I think 6th was a great finish, hopefully strengthen squad next season and with a bit of luck might be able to push for the play-off's although top 4 will do me!

Mendrisio-Stabio 2008

It appears "Unknown" stadia are in fact quite large as a crowd of 5245 packed into an unknown location in southern Switzerland today to witness a cup match against a Basel team that was secretly airlifted into the covert facility. They were clearly somewhat spooked by my supergoalie playing the game of his life and by my late game tactics featuring 2-2-6 formation and only managed to beat me 2-1.

Mendrisio-Stabio 2008/09

All started quietly in southern Switzerland at an unknown location as the new boss stuck most the players onto pro contracts since they were already being paying ~£140p/w part time. New elderly players were brought in and a couple of loanees and we told all our friends to put massive bets on the team that were ranked huge underdogs in every single game.

Early on the season looked a little grim but soon we visited the worst pitch I have ever seen and totally dominated them. From then on the season went far better than I could have imagined leading to an unexpected 5th place finish. In the cup we were spanked 2-1 by Basel unsurprisingly in the third round.

All hail goes to the ancient legend Richard Witschge and almighty striker Mladen Vidovic who led the league in goals, average rating and man of the match yet somehow didn't get on the shortlist for player of the year but did win foreign player of the year.

For next season the board have decided to spend £5.75M that I don't have on building the 6305 all-seater Mendrisio-Stabio stadium while I try think of a way to bridge the 30 point gap to 1st place in the league.

Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

Table | Graph

Good seasono staying between 3rd and 7th all year and also considering I had an 18 man squad consisting of:

4 gk

4 cb

1 dm

2 cm

1 aml

1 amr

2 amc

3 st

I think 6th was a great finish, hopefully strengthen squad next season and with a bit of luck might be able to push for the play-off's although top 4 will do me!

Your league table's showing last seasons, but the graph is fine.

Are Triglav and Aluminij both in the first division? I've never seen either of them get out of the second (in either direction!)

Originally posted by spotg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

Table | Graph

4 gk

4 cb

1 dm

2 cm

1 aml

1 amr

2 amc

3 st

Your league table's showing last seasons, but the graph is fine.

Are Triglav and Aluminij both in the first division? I've never seen either of them get out of the second (in either direction!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah well you can see where I finished from the Graph, I also finished 8 points better off then the Season before! I've never heard of neither of them tbh, but I am at work and can't see the table!

Originally posted by foost:

What is the meaning of the word "domestic title"? If you win any league it's a domestic title? Or only if you win, example, the premier league?

The latter. You need to win your league structure's top division for it to be a "domestic title".

Club: Mosside

Coach: Joost Nijhof (foost)

League: Northern Irish Second Division

Season: 2 (09/10)

WHAT/WHO/WHERE:

Northern Irish Second Division: 1st.

We had a great season but it wasn't sure till the end what the table would look like. We were between the 2nd and 4th place whole season, but thanks to Ballinamallard Utd who drawn in their last game we ended up being champions!!

We aren't there yet, scoring only 36 times. Happy I am tho about the defence with only getting 26 against. My new goalkeeper, also from the youth, is already wanted by premier clubs. But with us next season the the First Division I hope I can keep him at the club.

Irish Cup: 3rd Rnd.

The Irish Cup is still out of reach for us, maybe next season we can get further. But that's not a goal yet for me.

Intermediate League Cup: Finished 5th in Group 2.

Very happy with this result. May sound weird finishing 5th out of a group of 6 teams, but really enjoyed this season in the Intermediate. We won 2 matches and lost the other games with only 1 goal difference. Goal for next season is qualifing for the next round.

Antrim Trophy: 4th Rnd.

Bit of a disapointment for me. Last season, our first season, we made it to the Quarter Finals, now it ended in the 4th round. Next season, if we still play this cup in the first division, i really wanna make it to the finals.

Intermediate cup: 1st Rnd.

Nuf said.

Club info:

- Club Information

- The Staff

- Players

- Transfers in/out

- Finances Summary

Biggest Talent:

My biggest talent out of my youth this season was Brian Henry. He did quite well for a young lad while he got his first minutes because of injuries. Probably will be in my starting line-up next season.

Goal:

The goal for next season is signing a couple of youngsters from the u19/u21 N.Ireland squad who will be without contracts in two months, and would like to join Mosside hehe.

Overall Career:

League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Year Division Position Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

08/09 Northern Irish Second Division 4th 22 9 7 6 34 27 +7 34

09/10 Northern Irish Second Division 1st 22 11 4 7 36 26 +10 34

</pre>

//

thanks spotg

Kind of having an urge to start afresh (I know, despite my claims I'll win the Champions League then do it all again in Croatia icon_rolleyes.gif). Been looking around for CoachFlu as I always enjoyed his updates but it seems he's disappeared for a few months icon_frown.gif

Anyway I'm giving it some thought and you may find my next update to be elsewhere (likely Belgium, but I could be swayed...)

Gonna ponder this for a bit icon14.gif

Alright everyone icon14.gif gonna be starting this in a bit looks fun! Ive decided the leagues im going to load are:

Colombia

Australia

South Africa

England( down to league two)

Spain( to lowest devision)

Chile

Italy( down to serie c1)

Ukraine

Iceland

Russia

My aim is to win atleast 2 trophies in each league, hopefully starting off in good old south america and workin towards eastern europe, i also have never tried south africa. Do i have to start unemployed guys or can i go straight to colombia? cheerzz icon14.gif wish me luck lol

Jess Boi - read the original post. This thread is for taking 1 club previously unplayable from 1 league in Europe to the top. Not loading various leagues like you've done. The thread for you is 'the career thread' - good luck icon14.gif

Well well well...who'd a thunk it?!

iacovone has departed Croatia icon_eek.gif and arrived in Belgium icon_eek.gif

Has the world gone mad!?

Anyway, sadly I'm leaving Slavonija to one side for a while, after coming so close to completing the challenge it would require a lot of patience to get near to doing it again. Although that patience isn't present in Croatia, it is in Belgium \o/

Say hello to the new manager of KFC Schoten SK icon_biggrin.gif

Wish me luck as I embark once more towards the Champions League trophy.

Some Stats

Club Rep - 2001

Staff - None.

Finances - 50k

Transfer Budget - 0k

Wage Budget - 3k per week

Stadium - Gemeentepark, Schoten

Capacity - 3150 (450 seats)

Training Facilities - Fairly basic

Youth Facilities - Minimal

Affiliated Clubs - Germinal Beerschot \o/

@ thezogsageordie:

Just tick the reply with quote on my message and copy the [.code] part into notepad, change it into a table that suits you and paste it again in the forum. (dont forget the [.code][./code] thingies tho

p.s. delete the .'s icon_wink.gif

I think it's quite weird, not complaining tho, how is it possible that a club that promoted 3 years ago to the Second League of N. Ireland - Mosside in this example - and now playing in the First Division getting such a good newgens/youth players. I think 50% of my youth is a decent or good premier player, if i may believe my coaches.

This means; the premierleague in N.Ireland sucks bigtime, or my youth is superb.. starting to think its the first icon_razz.gif

Another thing is; for the peeps who are playing in N. Ireland. How is your club finances? Because I have stayed below my wage budget every season, but somehow the club can't make profit. And the finances are allready around the -160k..

Good news: I made it to the intermediate cup final!

I think it's quite weird, not complaining tho, how is it possible that a club that promoted 3 years ago to the Second League of N. Ireland - Mosside in this example - and now playing in the First Division getting such a good newgens/youth players. I think 50% of my youth is a decent or good premier player, if i may believe my coaches.

This means; the premierleague in N.Ireland sucks bigtime, or my youth is superb.. starting to think its the first icon_razz.gif

Another thing is; for the peeps who are playing in N. Ireland. How is your club finances? Because I have stayed below my wage budget every season, but somehow the club can't make profit. And the finances are allready around the -160k..

Good news: I made it to the intermediate cup final!

You're right, the Premier league quality is poor. I'm in the 2015/16 season and every player is 7 stars, but I know from their stats and the clubs bidding for them that they are probably League One or Championship players at best i.e. no where near good enough for a CL challenge.

Oddly enough my Mosside teams finances are great. Turned professional last season with 5m in the bank thanks to player sales, usually 2 a season for between 250k up to a new record this season of 1.7m. Most of these were decided by the chairman who felt the offers were too good to refuse. Now I'm used to this I always have a decent replacement for players attracting bids in the squad so it doesn't knock me back too much.

Stadium is up to 2800 capacity as well with another 600 seats on the way so finances are getting better all the time.

foost Although I'm still in the Second Division finances are a problem, I'm losing about £10k a month at the moment.

From previous games I've had in N. Ireland I haven't really made any money until I've managed to qualify for the All Ireland Cup. You get about £120k just for turning up.

With regards to regens, I've found that the islanders are the ones that really add to my squad. These guys appear around the start of October and have really helped turn the fortunes of my Clough Rangers side - full season report should be up this evening.

@ deamonic:

Hmm, looks like the finances will turn around in a season or 2. Only played 6 matches yet in the league but am sitting on the 3rd place, winning against number 1 with 5-0. So premier here I come, I hope icon_wink.gif

Funny that you say that, but bit sucky for the North Irish people that the clubs are skilled between League One and Championship. We'll show those Irish twats what football should look like icon_razz.gif

How is your scouting going btw daemonic? How far can you scout? And, most important, can you sign players from foreign countries that really are skilled and around Premiership skill?

A first season of mid-table mediocrity for Pomorie. With a couple of games remaining we're bouncing around between 9th and 10th.

Not a bad first season mind.....i've managed to sign a couple of real gems too icon_wink.gif

A more detailed report to follow later this evening. icon14.gif

@ deamonic:

Hmm, looks like the finances will turn around in a season or 2. Only played 6 matches yet in the league but am sitting on the 3rd place, winning against number 1 with 5-0. So premier here I come, I hope icon_wink.gif

Funny that you say that, but bit sucky for the North Irish people that the clubs are skilled between League One and Championship. We'll show those Irish twats what football should look like icon_razz.gif

How is your scouting going btw daemonic? How far can you scout? And, most important, can you sign players from foreign countries that really are skilled and around Premiership skill?

Yeah, should be easy to fly up the leagues in N.I. I was in the Premier by my 3rd season. As in Razer's game, the islanders are where a lot of the good players come from, 19th-20th September and then the 6th-6th of Jan for the Repuclic of Ireland newgens are my key dates. As for N.I. players, my goalie is attracting premiership interest but so far no N.I. player has moved to a club outside N.I.

I can scout the UK & Ireland since going Pro. The only players so far I believe would be good enough for the top English clubs are a goalie from the Caymens who sold for 1m and is now attracting bids from Europes elite (yay for 50% sell on dees). An Irish Republic attacking midfielder who ripped N.I. leagues apart and is now playing for Cardiff (another 1m fee). The final 2 are also islanders, a DC/DM who is off to Celtic in a few weeks for 1.7m and my star replacement AMC who wants out. He's been out with a cruciate injury all season but norched up 40+ assists and 20+ goals last season. He's attracting bids from Porto, Espanyol and other clubs of that stature.

Sadly its impossible to hold onto these players at the moment. I put insane asking prices on them, 2.5m for a player valued at 50k but someone ends up bidding close to the asking price and the chairman steps in.

As for N.I. tesm being League One, Championship standard...thats just my team, the rest apart from Glentoran are awful. I'm unbeaten in 100+ league games. The All-Ireland cup is a challenge, won it once, in the final this season. Even with that domestic dominence the CL record so far is out in the First Qualifying round twice, second qualifying the other seasons. Never hammered, but never really likely to cause an upset either.

Unless I see progress in terms of the player quality I can hold onto in the next 4-5 seasons I'll probably admit defeat. It gets boring when the only 'meaningful' games of the season are the CL games.

Archived