Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding Islanders, has anyone found that one club in particular pick alot of them up? in my game I checked the Bermudan national side and the 3 players that weren't greys were all wimbeldon players.

I've found that Wimbeldon pick up most of the islanders that I don't.

Also it always seems to be a different Island that comes up with the players. Last year was Bermuda, this year it's montserrat.

It generally is a different island for the first couple of year but you'll start to get some from the same ones come up. I think at one point I had about half of the national side for one of the islands.

guys, I'm really starting to get worried about my finances. take a look at this:http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=financesafwy6.jpg

and yet, my wage expenditure: http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=confidenceafck8.jpg

anyone got any idea what is going on? I'm getting worried about being sacked and the figures don't help.

Don't worry about the finances, I was 400k overdrawn by the time we were promoted to the premier league. The board took our a loan to cover it in the end.

As soon as you're making the All Ireland cup you'll be making money each season.

Good luck in Sweden José Pandinho, look forward to seeing which team you pick.

thanks for informing me on all that Razer and co. I also noticed something rather useful about NI2/NI1. They count as non competitive leagues, allowing you to play youth and trial players. Hope they don't fix it for next year >:)

cheers mate :)

picked the Swedish league, was going to give Icelandic a whirl but didn't fancy THAT much of a challenge :D

Iceland isnt THAT much of a challenge tbh, it's just a horrible almost impossible challenge from my experience.

Iceland isnt THAT much of a challenge tbh, it's just a horrible almost impossible challenge from my experience.

Nothing is impossible, just very very very very hard :D and If people can do it in Norn Iron, then people can do it in Iceland. set about turning them into a super power rather than a supermarket :D

The image is a bit small, but that is one quality islander. He should he fire you to promotion.

I've been getting quite a few good ones with only Wimbeldon as competition. Looking forward to next season already :)

Oh how we love faithful chairmen :D also are you sure these were promoted? looks a rather good team to me.

What makes you think they weren't promoted?

Good luck José Pandinho hopefully Serbia will keep you interested for a few seasons.

What makes you think they weren't promoted?

Good luck José Pandinho hopefully Serbia will keep you interested for a few seasons.

The finances are very healthy, no greys in the squad, and the chairman obviously hates the club.

Just started a new game with the Serbian league loaded to see if they were playable, they're not :thup:

Thanks Razer :)

You didn't need to start a new game, just look on the domestic leagues page of the teams records. If there was nothing for the previous season then they're newly promoted.

Wow, that's quite alot of money you can spend there, i wish i had that kind of money right now though i'm sure i'll have that kind of money in the future when i start entering europe.

I was given a budget of 0, but a wage budget of 9,000 pw. Since my wage bill stands at 1,000 pw I moved some of the money to the transfer kitty. Doubt i'll spend it tbh, there seems to be alot of decent free transfers going.

good luck in Serbia José Pandinho - having played there myself, i would give you two tips:

- try and get a parent club. i got Red Star Belgrade and it help a lot.

- try and make sure you get promotion first season. they re-structure the leagues after season 1, and in first year, at least 6 teams get promoted. best chance to make it up by a long way.

good luck there.

I'm going to work today, so won't have a chance to continue my fledgling Career with Albert till later :(. I hope Albert don't get any more favoured personell, because if they don't and the time comes to it, we could be playing at shanahan stadium :D

Islander: Random player (not regens) coming from an Island in the Carribean, for example, Montserrat, Bermuda, Jamaica etc. these players tend to be better than the crop of players you can get in the Gundo challenge, making them very useful.

What is an "Islander"?

See below for explanation originally posted by Nep.

Players generated from nations in N. America, excluding Canada, U.S.A, Costa Rica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica.

These largely revolve around

Monserrat

British Virgin Islands

Anguilla

Bahama's

Barbados

Caymen Islands

Turks and Caicos Islands

But how are you guys finding them?

Player Search screens or do you just trawl through national teams or what?

You need to do a player search, filter by unattached players and realistic targets. Order it by nationality and look for some of the above mentioned countries.

José Pandinho - They may not show up for you in Serbia as they all tend to have English as a second nationality which may only cause them to show up for a UK based game. Someone will most likely correct me on this though.

José Pandinho - They may not show up for you in Serbia as they all tend to have English as a second nationality which may only cause them to show up for a UK based game. Someone will most likely correct me on this though.

I think you might be right, in Iceland i've not seen any 'Islanders' so far, and i just finished my 3rd season with kári most the players i find who are not icelandic are swedish(might be due to my gk coach being swedish) and those players are no better than my current players, which are crap tbh, but the fight goes on.

Oh no, I've definitely seen AFC Wimbledon players from on my Player Search who are all from U.S Virgin Islands and other similar places, because if you sort by Value then they are typically near the top, but I don't really bother going through the unattached players on the Player Search screen as it takes too long, I just let my scouts find me them and go through the released players from the top clubs myself, they may well be there.

Is it just me or does it take ages for the teams to get promoted? I'm on May 14th and the teams have not been promoted yet.

They won't actually be promoted until the season ends and you get the summary screen. That's sometime around the 18th June. You should already be able to see which new teams have been promoted as the playoffs should have finished by now.

It's best to save before the end of April, before the last league game and then keep reloading until a team gets promoted.

They won't actually be promoted until the season ends and you get the summary screen. That's sometime around the 18th June. You should already be able to see which new teams have been promoted as the playoffs should have finished by now.

It's best to save before the end of April, before the last league game and then keep reloading until a team gets promoted.

Yeah I read back through the thread and realised when they get promoted. I just read the first post then realised thats when the playoffs begin.

Archived