Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

- Sazchu - Icelandic First Division - Season 2010 - Kári -

After relegation with Hvíti Riddarinn I took over at Kári who were just promoted, this is a small team from the town of Akranesbær which is famous for two things, fishing and it's football team, ÍA(Íþróttafélag Akraness) is one of the best football teams in the history of Icelandic football.

I was lucky enough that Kári play on ÍA's stadium, Akranesvöllur which holds up to 6000 people but only 772 of those seated.

Media Prediction 12th out of 12 teams

Lower League Cup

We played in group with Tindastóll, ÍR, KS/Leiftur, Sindri and my old team, Hvíti Riddarinn.

We started the group with a game against Tindastóll, a team that i have grown to hate and got a 1:3 loss a great start to my carreer at Kári eh? losing 1:3 to a team full of greys, after that loss we went on to get three games without a loss, a 1:1 draw against KS/Leiftur, 1:0 win over Hvíti Riddarinn and a 1:1 draw against Sindri, then came the last game of the group against ÍR, we lost 3:5 which saw us finishing 4th in the group just above Hvíti Riddarinn and Sindri.

Visa Bikarinn(Icelandic Cup)

We played one game a 1:2 loss against GG i was quite dissapointed being out of the cup in the first round, but hey, what can you do?

Icelandic First Division

We started the season with four losses in a row, in those games we scored 5 goals and conceded 15 which i wasnt happy about since the start was almost a sure sign of us going straight down and me going job hunting again.

But we fought back getting 6 games in a row where we only lost one game though only winning two of those games.

The season went up and down until it ended which saw us getting 9th place 8 points clear of relegation, something we could be happy about in the end of the season after being predicted bottom place, bring on the next season i say, determined to get a better position.

Transfers

As is to be expected of a newly promoted team with no players we were quite active on the transfer market, signing 24 players 5 of which came from ÍR who had taken good care of us in the LLC and with one player being sold again without making an apearance for Kári.

My signing of the season would be our loanee striker from our parent club ÍA who got 14 goals in 22 games in the league.

Team/Player Awards

(There actually isn't any player award in the first division so there will only be Fan's Player of the year until we get promoted, if we ever get promoted, 40 years in the first division anyone?)

Fan's Player of the year: Sölvi Davíðsson

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
try to make plenty of pre season friendlys, but only at home, and don't give anyone anything for competing in them. I make leagues.

Yeah. But my stadium capacity is 750. :) My average league attendance is 730-ish so friendlies won't make a dent.

Thats where another trick can come in gaijin, if you make a friendly league with 3 quite good clubs then even though you may get a pittance for you vs them games you still make money from big team vs big team at your ground :D. Its quite hard to get teams to accept these though but when you find a few that will it can make quite a lot of money.

Don't really want to cheat tbh. Hmm, its looking more open this season I must say. Kalmar are also struggling financially in the Allsvenskan and could come down and struggle. Still, a playoff spot is another realistic hope for me. Adam Botvindsson, whom I've had since the very start of my journey is on fire at the minute.

I seem to start so sluggish though. A 4-4 draw after blowing a 3-1 lead in my opening game, followed by a dismal 1-0 home loss to a side that I must beat if I want to go up this season. But then I follow this up with 5 straight wins. Just odd. I am going to have a look at last year's thread (if its still there) to see how people progressed in Sweden. I don't think people have had any success in Sweden on this year's challenge so far.

Season 1 - 08/09 - FC Dinamo Vranje - Serbia

Not a particularly good first season, we struggled from day one really and were always going to be scrapping away at the foot of the table. Quite disappointing really as due to a league re-structure a top 10 finish would have gotten us into the playoff to reach the top division.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/League1.jpg

The team seems to only have 2 quality players atm, these being:

Djokic - top goalscorer who looks to have a decent future ahead of him. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/Djokic-1.jpg

Stankovic - Young midfielder who seems a definate cut above the rest, unfortunately it looks as though he won't be with me much longer as i've been receiving some sizeable offers (£350,000). Which I can't really afford to reject. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/Stankovic-1.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/financesend1.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/squadend1.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/transfersinout1.jpg

Chmel Blsany, Czech First Division, 2019-20

I started the season under a little bit of pressure as the board felt I was failng to reach long term targets following last season's 2nd place finish on goal difference! I needed to show them that it was all just bad luck...

Domestic Season

I did just that as we dominated the league, going undefeated and only dropping 12 points all season. :) We needed that kind of form though as Mlada Boleslav were only 6 points back. Nevertheless, we got the title back and got it back in style. We did the double once more as we beat the league runners up in the cup final as well. That meant the board were once more happy and last season could be registered as just a blip.

First Division Final Table

FA Cup Final

Europe

As runners up, we were back into the Second Qualifying Round for the Champions League. We were paired with Sknot Riga, whom we beat 6-0 on aggregate. The Third Qualifying Round matched us up with Bordeaux. The first leg at home was going well as we went 2 goals up but we were hit with a cruel blow as Bordeaux scored from a deflected free-kick in injury time. Somewhat inevitably, we lost the away leg 1-0 to go out on away goals.

To the UEFA Cup then: Falkirk were our first round opponents. A shocking first leg 2-0 defeat was made up for with a storming 4-0 home win and we were into the group stages. Dinamo Moscow and Dnipro didn't provide much opposition and were dispatched 2-0 and 5-0 respectively. We lost 3-1 away to Roma but, with qualificaiton already assured, then produced a great display to see off Villareal 3-0 (a game which pundits and fans alike saw as a sign of Blsany having 'made it' on the big stage!). We got Benfica in the 1st knockout round. A 2-1 win at home had me wary going into the second leg. We quickly found ourselves 2-0 down but a few choice words at half-time saw us come out and storm into a 4-2 lead. Benfica levelled the match but we added a 5th to get and incredible 7-5 aggregate win. In the next round, we faced Roma again. We went 2 down in the first 20 minutes at home but mounted a comeback in the second half to win 3-2. However, Roma did what they needed to do in the return game and won 2-0 to put us out 4-3 on aggregate. Nevertheless, I was pleased with another good run in Europe. Hopefully, we'll be back to the Champions League next season.

Other news

Training and youth facilites were upgraded again with training now 'top' and youth 'excellent'. The new stadium was immediaitely expanded from 24,000 to 36,000 and the board ahve just announced another 9,000 seats are to be added, all of which makes me think the chairman also runs a construction company and is making himself a nice fat profit! :D

With a value of 72mil, we are now 28th on the World Rich List. The transfer and wage budgets are already way more than I can spend so I'd say the club is 100% financially secure.

The Players

Obviously, I had a lot of players in good form this year as we dominated the league. One encouraging sign was that I only lost one player (Luis Ramos) to 'bigger clubs'. The others were happy to sign new deals and ignore the interest and speculation.

Plenty of awards for my players this season:

Czech League Player of the Year: Karadag Fuat - in great form with 39 goals in all competitions. Also was voted fan's player of the year onca again.

Czech League Best Foreigner: Luis Zapata - After a couple of season's out on loan, I felt my Panamanian striker was ready for first team football and he didn't disapoint with 28 goals. I'm currently negotiating to tie him down on a long-term contract! ;)

Goal Of The Season: Kallum Moore - missed the early part of the season but he was in good form after the winter break and scored a cracker of a goal from the edge of the area.

Czech Young Player of the Year: Tomas Blazej - another player who made a breakthrough this season and I'll be looking to get more out of him next year.

2019-20 Best XI

For Gundo's table:

Domestic titles: 4

Club Coefficient: 50.220 (48th)

Nation Coefficient: 27.950 (14th)

I'm away for the next couple of weeks so I won't be getting any more updates in till I'm back but I'll be looking forward to seeing how spotg is getting on next time I check in. ;)

The top 2 in the Premier Division & the Irish Cup winners from the previous season get entered into the All Ireland Cup during the current season. The final spot goes to the League Cup winners from the current season.

Thanks. I asked as I heard you get alot of money for just competing in it. Is that true?

Thanks. I asked as I heard you get alot of money for just competing in it. Is that true?

Yes, you get 120k for taking part and up to another 120k if you manage to win it.

I played a few season in N.I. and the real way to make money was keep signing up the Islanders and the really good ones will attract interest so stick a nice high asking price on them with 50% sell-on clause. By season 7 or 8 I was making about 1m a season on selling players.

Killyleagh Y.C. 08-09 end of season update

League

In the league we finished 5th mainly due to inconsistency. One week we got beat by a team we were supposed to hammer and the next we beat a team that were supposed to hammer us. Also we need a new keeper. This was my first choice keeper. Our defence is fine, our midfield is fine and our attack is immense but our keeper isn't up to stratch. Our media prediction was correct.

Cups

Intermediate League Cup

The less said about this the better, shocking performance. The good thing is it got my team match fit.

Antrim Trophy

As rubbish as the end result was, it was a brilliant match, even though we went out at the second round. It just goes to show you, we need better penalty takers.

Northern Irish Cup

This cup I'm happy about, we got to the third round when I thought we would go out at the first hurdle. Even though we lost to a non league team I'm happy with the lads.

Intermediate cup

We lost to a non league side that were the eventual winners believe it or not. Hilton gave us a glimmer of hope, but not enough to see us through.

Aims For Next season.

*Get a new keeper.

*Get out of the red and into the black

*Get promotion

*Get a parent club.

Players of the season

Hilton - The lad got 17 goals in 18 games and I think theres more to come, and I aim to get that from him.

Hudson - An average rating of 7.25 is not to be dismissed especially if, along with that, he gets 9 goals and 7 assists.

Bath - Definitely looks one for the future. All his seven goals came from long shots, not from the corner bug.

Bath doesn't want to leave :mad: Thats 20k away.

You might try putting him on "not needed" on Transfers tatus and then offer him to some clubs, you might get an offer or two and he might just take the "not needed" as a sign that he wont be getting any first team football and would be better for him to move on to where he might be able to play constant first team footabll.

How do I get more money? I'm 6k in debt now.

Frazza, in all honesty you will just get more and more in debt until you make the Premier Division. I was 250k in debt when I got there and that was despite my chairman selling one of my players for 250k. Everyone's had the same experience in N.I. so I wouldn't worry about it.

Frazza, in all honesty you will just get more and more in debt until you make the Premier Division. I was 250k in debt when I got there and that was despite my chairman selling one of my players for 250k. Everyone's had the same experience in N.I. so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, thanks for that. I'm just hoping I can find good regens so I can sell them on.

Haven't managed to find many islanders, perhaps because I have the Serbian league loaded. I have however noticed that quite a few talented, clubless, Africans are coming through each year. Obviously none of them want to come and play for me :D

I have managed to land a MC who i'm very excited about:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/josepand/Sissoko.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bestresulteveruh9.jpg this has got to be my best game ever. look at Rowley! one of our home fans touched him and his finger burned off!

Wow, that's pretty good, i can well understand your fan losing a finger by touching him, i wouldnt get near someone who scores that many goals in one game until he has had an ice bath or two.

Sporting Fingal - Irish First Division 2011

Transfers

With the board expecting European qualification the hunt was on for players to help make the step up. My scouts did a fantastic job...of keeping their notebooks in pristine, unused condition. A search of interested players resulted in a 50k bid for Gary Mulcahy who I hoped would help reduce the number of goals we concede. Last season we were top scorers but conceded way too many.

Come May and I was again searching for players, checking out anyone whose contract was due to expire in the Summer. A couple of Poles, a AMC and ST caught my eye and luckily their club allowed me take them on trial after which both were signed up. Although not rated as highly as his compatriot by my coaches and scouts, Czeslaw Chmura looks the business at this level.

Final transfer news was in September when the Islanders arrived in large numbers after only 4 or 5 last year. About 20 or so were trialled and a few signed up, although none were outstanding. All are young and with poor physical stats so it'll take a year before I can decide if they were worth it. If my 2 Polish signings are an indicator, I think the next big step forward will be when the board allow me scout Eastern Europe.

The Domestic Season

We started the season in the All Ireland Cup, drawn with Bohs, Cliftonville & Portadown. 4 straight wins saw us qualify but loses in the final 2 games meant a tougher semi. St. Pat's played better and we were out, but the 200k in prize money offsets the "Other" costs for a few months. Damn "Other" is really annoying because you can't reduce spending that's unexplained.

Onto the league and we were immediately behind everyone due to our All Ireland Cup exploits. Patchy form saw us rise slowly to the top 4. A great run of form from the 10th game, winning 6 on the trot, but Bohs were just as good and were increasing their goal difference with some big results. By the half way point we were 11 points clear of 3rd and 1 point behind Bohs.

1st of July arrived and our 2 new Polish signings along with a loanee GK from Villa arrived at the club. Our form continued, but Bohs were unbeatable, not losing a game until the 25th game of the season. We hung onto their coattails but were always a few points behind but by game 30 we were miles ahead of 3rd and second place was already secured. With 4 games to go we drew level on points. Our next match saw Bohs as the visitors and they proved to be too good, beating us 1-2. A further loss to Galway and Bohs continuing to win every game saw them retain their crown and confirmed us as league runners up, repeating last seasons top 2.

Europe

Uefa Cup - First Qualifying Round

We were seeded for the UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round, drawing Vllaznia of Albania. The first leg in Albania, saw us go into the game as favourites but we were outclassed, losing 0-1. I told the team to enjoy the second leg and they proceeded to hammer Vllaznia 4-0.

Vllaznia 1-0 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 4-0 Vllaznia

Uefa Cup - Second Qualifying Round

The Second Qualifying Round matched us with Botev (Plovdiv) of Bulgaria. We were away in the first leg again and managed a good 1-1 draw thanks to a goal by Chmura. The return leg was a tense affair but we won 3-2 thanks to a Chmura hat-trick and go thorugh 4-3 on aggregate.

Botev (Plovdiv) 1-1 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 3-2 Botev (Plovdiv)

Uefa Cup - First Round

At this stage it was about keeping it respectable and we got an ok draw against Panathinaikos. They battered us in the first leg at home, with 20 shots to our 5 but we still managed a very creditable 1-1 draw. The return leg in Greece went as expected as we crashed to an embarassing 0-4 defeat, going out 1-5 on aggregate.

Sporting Fingal 1-1 Panathinaikos

Panathinaikos 4-0 Sporting Fingal

European Co-efficients

Fingal - 2,473 (370th)

Ireland - 7.333 (32nd)

Sporting Fingal Trophy Room

Irish First Division - 2008

Irish Senior Challenge Cup - 2010

No chance of going up again this season. I've decided to rehaul my squad at the end of the season, offering new contracts to only 6 or 7 key players. What stinks is the finances thanks to the catch 22 shitiness of the board not deciding to upgrade the stadium that would lead to more revenue. Oh but we don't have enough money thanks to you staying in the wage budget and not spending any money. I have the smallest stadium in this division by some margin now and am struggling thanks to it.

I would offset this with fees made from selling players, except I'm getting pathetic bids of 1k plus 50% sell on fee for a player with high potential. Its laughable. What's more the board in two seasons will probably be demanding some sort of promotion push. I think I've set myself a goal of 2014. By which time if no improvements are made at the club in terms of finances and stadium - I shall be giving the board a fat ultimatum and seeking to take on another side with slightly more ambitious aims.

Also my scouts despite getting me some good signings in the first few seasons, have seemingly got bored and now seem content to shovel the same **** through my letterbox. They must think I'm stupid. If I've seen the same player once, I've seem him twice, three times no sorry eighteen times. He wasn't good the first time, and I have no plans to sign as 30 year old winger with one star for current potential and 5 for future potential.

This is going to be a long, long way out of this division unless my scouts can do their job and the chairman can stop wasting my money and show some ****ing ambition. I've made 50k plus recently by selling on a fairly average right back. But I still need another 60k from somewhere to just break even. I'm thinking of shipping my Trini defender Thomas because he has been awful of late, but because of this no-one is willing to pay any decent price for him. I would happily sell Micha Williams, but I want a nice figure of 200k for him at least.

I'm getting pretty good at this getting a team relegated thing with the latest 'Victim' being Kári, they lasted a whole four seasons though which is something new, next team to feel my desire to relegate teams will be from probably the most popular nation in the Gundo challenge, Northern Ireland.

Will probably throw a report up tonight with atleast season 2-3 and four tomorrow or so, season 3 wasnt actually bad.

I'm at the stage now in Northern Ireland that my season is as follows

1) Win League easily

2) Win one or all domestic cups

3) Struggle in Setanta Cup (last season saw me reach final so maybe this has changed)

4) Get knocked out in 1st or 2nd round of Champions League

I managed to sign a few Eastern Europeans from my annual Champions League 1st round opponants - Debrecen. Should make me a little cash when they decide they are too good for my league.

Not found an Islander for a couple of seasons now, although have two 17 year olds with 7 star potential. Cannot wait to see how they do. Think my whole team is now 6/7 stars and with an average age of just 20 I think I need to now let them progress. Perhaps this is where I am going wrong and need that bit of experience an older player brings. Additionally (I cannot confirm this - perhaps someone else can) players develop their physical attributes as they reach their peak. Should help them become stronger on the ball

I'll post an update soon - Cookstown Olympic - season 2018/19

Archived