Fans, board: top half

Me: top half

Media: Top half icon_razz.gif (3rd)

Odds: 2:1

---

Players in: 11 for 12K, incl. 5 on loan

Out: 15 for 750K

---

We started the season with convincing wins, then lost to Gorica and Mura, and that was it. Gorica only had two draws all season, Mura followed them from a distance, and we were watching Mura's back all year. Don't let the final 4 point margin fool you: it was usually 6-8 pts.

We were 0-0-3 against Gorica, 1-0-2 against Mura icon_frown.gif

We slaughtered the rest of the league though.

This is our 4th bronze medal from the last 6 years.

I start to feel like the only chance to cope with Mura+whoever is relegated from Div 1 is turning pro.

Or get another parent club, like Mura, who were full of Bulgarians on loan from Loko Sofia.

The year was quite dull because about 8 rounds into the season I realised that it's gonna be another 3rd place icon_biggrin.gif

Look mummy, another 3rd place!

Cup was alright, reached the 3rd round before bowing down to Triglav, beating fierce rivals Svoboda on the way.

I hope two decent teams (Olimpija, Rudar, whatever) will be promoted from the Third Division, because this year's newcomers were terrible. Kovinar and Miren got a combined 17 points and a 27-177 GD icon_rolleyes.gif

League caste system looks like this icon_smile.gif

Big boys: relegated team + Mura

Almost big boys: us

Eternal mid-table mediocrity: Bela Krajina, Aluminij, Bonifika, Zavrc

The rest is cannon fodder usually.

---

I signed a 2-year contract, with increased salary icon14.gif

Livar are the relegated team, and Mura screwed up in the playoffs.

First division was won by Interblock, whom we faced last year in the promotion playoff icon_eek.gif

Oh well, there is always a next year. icon_biggrin.gif

On the positive side: three players from my youth setup are showing signs of being useful, something I'm not used to.

The GK has a 8.00 rating on his 3 senior matches, the DC is inconstistent but will improve, and the ST is the surprise of the season: he had 7G + 4A and 7.36 avg. in only 11 games (5 as a sub, only 6 as a starter!) icon_eek.gif

I've decided that I've had enough frustration from my time in Croatia and therefore have decided to start afresh in a new country with a new club.

This time I've gone to Serbia and I'm now the new manager of newly promoted FK Sloga Leskovac.

No staff at the club although we have a full playing squad. Predicted to finish 18th out of 18. Valued at 150k. Have a stadium with a 2,500 capacity.

Wish me luck. icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I've decided that I've had enough frustration from my time in Croatia and therefore have decided to start afresh in a new country with a new club.

This time I've gone to Serbia and I'm now the new manager of newly promoted FK Sloga Leskovac.

No staff at the club although we have a full playing squad. Predicted to finish 18th out of 18. Valued at 150k. Have a stadium with a 2,500 capacity.

Wish me luck. icon14.gif

Actually, forget that, I've decided to take a break from FM for a while.

I'll be back in the new year at some point with a new team. icon14.gif

For the table; I have no game currently running.

Cheers. icon14.gif

Meldert, Belgium - December 18th 2016

Mid-season table

Fifth place so far. I'd have signed for that at the start of the season. Nicely near the front of the pack.

That's pretty much what it is though, a tight pack. Only ten points the difference between 3rd and 16th place. A poor stretch could still see us finish near the bottom of the season.

With everybody taking points from everybody, this seems like the kind of season where pushing into a place that would qualify us for Europe would be a bit easier than normal. I don't think we'll be able to do that though.

So far we have the best attack in the league, but also the worst defense. We're playing very well up front, but are vulnerable at the back. That's fine as long as we keep scoring goals, but in those inevitable matches where the ball just refuses to go in, it costs us points.

So I'll be happy if we can continue to win one match in two. That should give us a position anywhere in the top half of the table. A ticket for Europe would be a great bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.

European football would come in handy just about now though, at least from a financial point of view.

Finances.

Our average attendance is up a little, but not enough to break even. End of season prize money will help a bit again, but we won't be in the black any time soon. Eleven and a half seasons to go until our loan payments are done with. Yikes.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Wish me luck. icon14.gif

Actually, forget that, I've decided to take a break from FM for a while.

I'll be back in the new year at some point with a new team. icon14.gif

For the table; I have no game currently running.

Cheers. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that aaberdeenn, hope you come round to your senses and pick up where you left off in Croatia. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

Well you did warn me cookie...

Our current stadium holds 3,225 then our board announce a stadium expansion of 3,000 seats. Cost of which is £4,600,765! So now I'm in abit of debt myself. icon_cool.gif

Well 1 Month later our board did inject £623,025 to help with 'the clubs running cost', a few more injections wouldn't go amiss. icon_biggrin.gif

Meanwhile we are ground sharing with our feeder club for 10 months while the work is carried out, the club I managed in this challenge last year, Stavanger IF.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Well you did warn me cookie...

Our current stadium holds 3,225 then our board announce a stadium expansion of 3,000 seats. Cost of which is £4,600,765! So now I'm in abit of debt myself. icon_cool.gif

Well 1 Month later our board did inject £623,025 to help with 'the clubs running cost', a few more injections wouldn't go amiss. icon_biggrin.gif

Meanwhile we are ground sharing with our feeder club for 10 months while the work is carried out, the club I managed in this challenge last year, Stavanger IF. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Board inject another 625k a Month after that. icon_smile.gif

Magni. Iceland. First Division. End of season 2 2008/09 update.

It started pretty poorly and although we did ok, we failed to progress in the Lower League Cup against amateur opposition.

It was a sign of things to come as we took only 1 point from a possible 15 from our opening 5 league games, and were sent crashing out of the Icelandic Cup at the first hurdle.

Things improved pretty quickly after that though, (as I brought in new players and signed existing players onto full-time contracts). We kept 8 clean sheets in 12 games from game 5 to game 17 and we seemed to stabalise first at the back and then up front as we scored 5 and 6 goals in league games 6 & 7 respectively.

League Table.

League Graph.

Information.

Finances.

Squad stats.

GK stats. (3 goals and an assist for GK Orri).

I suppose the star of the show was Súpér Jón O who top scored with 13 goals in all competitions. He struggled with the physical demands of so many games in such a short a space of time and I am already convinced that the key to early domination in leagues such as Iceland is simply a bigger squad, allowing you to rotate players and keep them in peak condition. I will be attempting to increase the depth of the squad with this in mind for the start of next season.

Good luck with Magni Jimbo, hope you can do better than me with them icon_wink.gificon14.gif

And while on the subject of Magni: Season 2022 saw us hammer MTK 7:1 in Budapest in the first round of CL qualifications. In the second round we very narrowly went out against Maccabi Haifa (0:1, 0:1) after the refs awarded them a dubious penalty in each match icon_mad.gif Progress at last!

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland - Premier Division - 2011/12 End of Season Update

For a first season in the top division, it started really badly with a few losses. However I hit a nice run of form in the middle of the season and ended up finishing 5h.

1st Qualifying round of the EURO Cup was marginally better than expected only a 8-4 loss on Aggregate to a Bulgarian side.

All Ireland cup was nice for the money but I couldnt win a single group game, but there are always other seasons.

Also reached Semi Finals of the Irish Cup and League cup, and lost to an all grey side in the Final of the Antrim Cup.

All in all not a bad season for my first attempt in the top flight, and it looks like Portadown's domination will need to be broken down eventually.

Table

Transfers

Info Screen - nice young squad

Competition Confidence Screen - Has anyone seen the comment for the All Ireland Cup before?

Goalkeeper Stats - 5 goals, 2 assists, free kick rating of 14, and hes only 20 years old

iacovone Sorry to hear that, I know it won't be too long before you're back.

butts

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> League re-set dates

Austria - 23rd June.

Belarus - 10th February.

Belgium - 29th June.

Bulgaria - 29th June.

Croatia - 18th June.

Czech Republic - 28th June.

Denmark - 5th July.

Finland - 7th January.

Greece - 19th June.

Hungary - 19th June.

Iceland - 20th January.

Ireland - 5th January.

Israel -

N.Ireland - 19th June.

Norway - 18th January.

Poland - 28th June.

Serbia - 9th July.

Slovakia - 28th June.

Slovenia - 28th June.

Sweden - 25th December.

Switzerland -

Turkey -

Ukraine -

Wales - 18th June. </pre>

Do you reckon it's even possible to go a whole league campaign without conceding a goal?

Doubt it, there will always be some dumb defender who gives away a penalty or tries to dribble past the opposition attacker. Anyway, I already feel bad enough about dominating to such a degree - being a llama I'm not used to success - and would like to lose or at least draw every once in a while icon_wink.gif

Sigh. Another annoyance popped up in my game.

Board takeover.

I didn't get the sack, it's not that. But it caused a few more twists in the plot.

Firstly, the new chairman decides to cancel our link with Feyenoord because he "wants a change in strategy at the club." Fine, whatever, but couldn't you just wait a few months? It's mid March, we're in an unexpected title race, and he cancels the link, thereby sending two loan signings on their way. Both strikers, neither a key part of my team, thank god, though one was my regular bench sitter who usually came in for the last 10-20 minutes, and the first one to step in in case of injury. Knock on wood that my two starters stay on their feet for two more months.

Then he restructures our loan payments. With which sentiment I can agree, it's just that the result is rather annoying.

He decided to loan a few mil extra, just to get us out of the red temporarily, and bundled the loans together into a new 25 year loan.

So now, instead of paying 300k/month for the next 11 years, we'll be paying 275k/month for the next 25 years.

Oh yeah, that's MUCH better. 11 years is a long time, but at least the light at the end of the tunnel was starting to become visible. But 2042... that's an eternity away.

(I also think the numbers don't add up, so I posted it in the bugs forum.)

Ah well. At least it's going decent enough on the pitch, for now. But I'll save that for a later update.

Mini update:

Slovan's 6th season in the abyss of the Slovenian Div. 2, and maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We are 6-0-0 in the league, have beaten both promotion rivals, and won three hard away games.

Cup was funny, we ran into two fierce rivals. Of course the second team (consisting of greys) knocked me out icon_razz.gif

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland - Premier Division - 2012/13 End of Season Update

Wow what an amazing season. Lets raise a glass to many more like this.

Table - Am I allowed to be slightly annoyed with the 3 draws?

Transfers - Some more trialled islanders this year

Signing of the Season - and what a signing he was

Antrim Cup Final

Irish Cup Final

GK Stats - another 4 goals and 4 assists - up to a career 9 goals and 7 assists in total so far

Hall of Fame Induction - I have never had that before

Well as you can see that was a triple sucess, and just a shame I lost in the semi of the league cup.

There was a run of 16 straight leagues from October to January, and a run of games without losing from October to currently which stands at 35 games. (I know there is a curse on these threads, but if my first competitive game is a qualifier, then the streak will be dead anyway!)

In the pre-season a link with West Ham was announced, but I havent had any players from them yet, but so long as they pay each year I'm not bothered.

Next season we get to attempt the All Ireland Cup again, hope we get at least 1 win in it this time.

Also next time we get to attempt the qualifiers for the Champions League. Hopefully it wont be too embarassing.

Lets hope for another sucessful season next year.

Meldert, Belgium - May 13th 2017

Mid-season table

End of season

Well, that was... easier than I expected.

Before the start of the season, I was slightly worried that we wouldn't be able to achieve the board's top-half expectation. Halfway into the season we were 5th, and I was quite pleased. A top half finish looked probable, and if I could get a ticket for Europe, that would be a nice bonus. Not once did I consider we'd be challenging for the title.

But then we came out of the winter break with a 6 match win streak, and into the lead we went. Still I expected a drop in form, but it never came. Somehow we just kept earning points - often narrowly, but they counted just the same. We never gave away the lead, and even ran away in the last three matches.

It's a bit odd, I don't feel as if we have a championship quality team. I guess we were just a little bit more consistent than the other teams.

That's confirmed by the observation that we never had a clear challenger for our top spot. Charleroi, who were in the lead at the winter break, ended up finishing 7th. Oostende, who finished 2nd, were still in 7th place on match day 31, and only had a final surge when we already clinched the title. Same thing for Standard. Cercle Brugge and Club Brugge were the teams closest to me with 3 matches to go, but they ended up finishing 4th and 5th.

In short: it's not that we were so good, it's just that everyone else pretty much sucked. icon_smile.gif

Still, a title is a title, and we'll take it. Quite pleased with my players though. I feel I got the absolute most out of the team this season.

The team.

Still no big stars in the team, but just a balanced group of players of a decent-to-good quality, who click together reasonably well.

Signing the Finnish goalie in December played a key part in our success. He quickly became a fan favorite, and rightly so. His attributes aren't as impressive as those of some of my young goalies, but he played like a star.

Obviously I'm quite pleased with my striker pair as well - 24 goals each, can't ask for more than that (especially considering that my coaches only rate them as "decent").

Lukaku , like Lambrechts, is an ex-Anderlecht youngster. Had him on loan 5 years ago, and he scored himself into the club record books back then. When Anderlecht released him two summers ago, I picked him up.

Another ex-loan kid who signed a permanent deal several years later is Bram De Taeye. My highest valued player, and crucial at the back. Almost international, but not quite (got called up twice but never made the squad). Played for me already on loan in 2010/11, and picked him up on a Bosman last summer.

I like it when talented youngsters on loan return to their clubs with 'Meldert' in their favoured clubs list - makes it easier to sign them later, when they grow up. icon_smile.gif

Anyway... part one of the challenge came a bit sooner than I expected. I'll still need plenty of time to get anywhere in Europe, though.

No expectations about Europe yet for next season, though it would be quite welcome, financially, if we could get to the group stage. We'll need a bit of luck in the draw for that though.

Not sure where I'll enter the competition, but I suppose it's either the Second or Third Qualifying Round. Since we're the only Belgian team in the CL next season, I'm hoping it's the Third round.

Belgian teams have been performing quite poorly in Europe so far. In the last 9 seasons, only Club Brugge managed to reach the CL group stage twice, and both times got only 1 point.

I suspect that a lack of consistency in the league is hurting the teams' performances in Europe. New teams qualify for Europe almost every season, and then usually crash out early. If there were a few strong teams who end near the top of the league each season, it would be a bit easier for them to advance on a continental level.

Club Brugge has been by far the most consistent team in the Belgian First Division, but even they don't qualify for Europe each year. Other teams seem to do well one year, then fail miserably the next.

Last season's champions Antwerp, for instance, only finished 14th this year. The champions before that, KVSK Lommel, did even worse, finishing rock bottom and relegating the next year.

I guess that sets me a clear challenge for next season, to avoid following that trend.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st (Champions!)

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Antrim Cup Final

Irish Cup Final

GK Stats - another 4 goals and 4 assists - up to a career 9 goals and 7 assists in total so far

Well as you can see that was a triple sucess, and just a shame I lost in the semi of the league cup.

There was a run of 16 straight leagues from October to January, and a run of games without losing from October to currently which stands at 35 games. (I know there is a curse on these threads, but if my first competitive game is a qualifier, then the streak will be dead anyway!)

In the pre-season a link with West Ham was announced, but I havent had any players from them yet, but so long as they pay each year I'm not bothered.

Next season we get to attempt the All Ireland Cup again, hope we get at least 1 win in it this time.

Also next time we get to attempt the qualifiers for the Champions League. Hopefully it wont be too embarassing.

Wow! Very impressive stuff! Now comes the hard part!

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Antrim Cup Final

Irish Cup Final

Wow! Very impressive stuff! Now comes the hard part! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah trying to figure out how to beat any non Northern Irish side :p

Was drawn against Shelbourne (Rep of Ireland) in the Champions League 1st Qualifying round, and lost 6-0 on aggregate. The away leg was only a 2-0 loss, so I did have some hope.

It does mean I'm praying I dont have Shelbourne in my All Ireland Cup group this season, and just hope I can get some points in the group when its drawn.

congrats from me too coachFlu!! let's hope you can bring european glory to your team now. what are you like money-wise?? have you decent transfer funds? what sort of quality can you attract to the club now?

Gundo: any chance you ould do an up-to-date list of who's playing what etc? if i start a new game i want to have a new team, and maybe new league, so would help me!! don't worry if can't do at the moment though.....

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Congratulations CoachFlu and good luck in Europe.

Possible Bug? - take a look at my confidence for the Champions Cup, which I lost in the first qualifying round? Is it worth reporting this somewhere?

According to that, you've completed the challenge icon14.gif

Haha, it probably is worth reporting, hopefully the board won't actually be annoyed with you though.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

congrats from me too coachFlu!! let's hope you can bring european glory to your team now. what are you like money-wise?? have you decent transfer funds? what sort of quality can you attract to the club now?

Our finances are very tricky, and will require careful management. We've been losing money for as long as I can remember now.

We have to make 275k/month in loan payments for the next 25 years. I don't think we'll be breaking even on a month-to-month basis any time soon.

On the bright side, the new chairman loaned a bit extra a few months ago to get us out of the red, and with the end-of-season prize money added to that, we actually ended the season in the black. That means I could request a much needed training facility upgrade (it was fairly basic). The youth facilities will have to wait yet again (they're basic).

It also gave us a much needed rise in wage and transfer budget.

This past season, our wage budget was (adjusted to) 39k euro. Without knowing the actual numbers of the other teams, I'm quite sure that that was among the lowest in the First Division.

Our new budget will be 61k, with a 1.7mil transfer budget. 61k is still lower than the First Division average (and we're expected to challenge for the title), but at least the transfer budget gives me room for adjusting the wage budget.

(At a guess from looking at the squad screens, I'd say 75-90k is about average for a mid-table team, with Club Brugge having clearly the highest wage budget, probably around 300k.)

I'm not decided yet on the financial strategy though. With the heavy loan payments, it's gonna be tough to break even.

So I could try to keep the wages as low as possible, while still trying to meet the board's expectations. Or I could stretch the wage budget as far as possible, and aim to break even by going as far as possible in Europe.

It's probably gonna be something in the middle.

I'm in the scouting-for-reinforcements stage now (early July), and it looks like the quality of the players willing to sign for me has gone up since last year (which is no surprise). The max cap on my wages is limiting me a lot though (lots of "doesn't think Meldert can meet his demands" comments). So I'm not gonna be signing world class players just yet.

Consistently qualifying for Europe is probably gonna be the only way I can start breaking even. Not just qualifying, even - reaching the group stage of either the CL or UEFA Cup will be needed.

That's not gonna be easy this season. We'll be starting in the Second Qualifying Round of the Champions League, and we're drawn against Dinamo Kiev. That's not a top team, but probably one of the tougher teams who we could've drawn.

So it could be over quite fast. I'm hoping we can get past them though, then we'll have at least two more home matches (one more CL Qual round, and then probably a UEFA Cup round.) That could be enough to give us some financial breathing room for this season.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table .30/11

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) Second 2009/10 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Meldert Storzy - - -

(Bel) Premier 2017/18 Meldert CoachFlu - - Domestic Title

(Blr) First 2011 Molodechno Reverand&Makers - - -

(Bul) West B 2008/09 Pirin LongView3 - - -

(Cro) First 2013/14 NK Slavonija iacovone - - -

(Cro) Second 2011/12 NK Novalja aaberdeenn - - -

(Cro) First 2009/10 NK Karlovac Konquest - - -

(Den) Premier 2010 Helsingør Alurny - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Gre) Second 2009/10 Panaitolikis Benjaminoo - - -

(Gre) Second 2008/09 Messiniakos yababo - - -

(Hün) Premier 2014/15 Békéscsaba Elöre Quacky 296th 6.960 24th 10.833 Domestic Title x2

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) Premier 2023 Magni endtime - - Domestic Title x5

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) Premier 2012 Kari Jazza - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Grotta cr4z3d - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni Jimbokav1971 - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Premier 2012/13 Nortel Annihilator666 450th 0.605 46th 1.999 -

(N.I) Premier 2011/12 Sirocco Works Fire Bracelet - - -

(N.I) Premier 2013/14 Downpatrick Gilbster - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers butts - - -

(Nor) First 2010 Randaberg IL Gundo - - -

(Nor) First 2010 Skjetten cookie15 - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Rus) First 2007/08 Amur johnnyquest409 - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Slo) Second 2015/16 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Slk) First 2011/12 Puchov migwar - - Domestic Title

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kaapo iseemonsters - - -

(Swe) Premier 2014 Krokom freek_teek - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Angby IF 3Sixty - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow NeoAC - - -

(Pol) Second 2009/10 TKP Torun Supermas2 - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Taffs Well 3Sixty - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Pontypridd Spagbol - - -

Jimbo v Jimbo jnr

(Blr) First 2008 FC Orsha Jimbo - - -

(Blr) First 2008 Kommunalnik Zhlobin Jimbo Jnr - - -

</pre>

Noted Gilbster. icon_rolleyes.gificon14.gif

On the Randaberg stadium front, our board has plowed an incredible amount of cash into the club, is this normal?

Anyone who's had a new stadium constructed, did you get plenty of money back from the board or is it just that mine have a bottomless pit of money? icon_biggrin.gif

On the Randaberg stadium front, our board has plowed an incredible amount of cash into the club, is this normal?

Anyone who's had a new stadium constructed, did you get plenty of money back from the board or is it just that mine have a bottomless pit of money? icon_biggrin.gif

If you mean cash injections, yeah, I've had several of those along the way. They never fill the hole all the way though, just add a little now and then to avoid dropping too far below zero. Feels like an artificial mechanism to avoid user-controlled teams from having their finances spiral completely out of control.

I've noticed that they only do a cash injection if the cash balance bar in the confidence screen is completely empty. Once that starts filling up a little bit again, you're back on your own.

That corresponds to a different amount depending on your league.

Back in the 2nd Div, when they put us a few mil in the red by expanding the stadium, they filled it up with cash injections gradually (each time a bit less), until we were at -300k or so. Then they left the rest up to me.

In the First Div. now, they only do a cash injection when I go below -3mil. (which rarely happens lately, I'm always in the red, just not far enough to get cash injections.)

A new development on the cash front came last season, when we had a board takeover, and the new chairman immediately loaned a few mil extra just to clear our running debts. Hopefully he doesn't make a habit of that, I prefer the normal cash injections. icon_smile.gif

Our coefficients, by the way:

Nation: 24th -- 14.925 (1-2-1)

Club: 340th -- 4.921

Looks like I'll also have the task to bring Belgium's coefficient back up a bit. It's been dropping the last few seasons.

Two years ago we had 2-2-1 spots (CL-UEFA-EV). Last year they dropped to 18th, for 1-3-1 spots. Now they dropped even further, and we lost a UEFA Cup spot.

Cheers chaps. icon14.gif

The expansion of 3,000 seats cost 4.5 million. So from being quite stable before, it just went t**s up, thank goodness for cash injections. They already put 2.5 ish million back, via 'cash injections'.

The board confidence thingy went abit crazy, by that I mean they were 'distraught' and 'devastated' with state of the finances after the expansion announcement, well they should of thought about that before shouldn't they! icon_mad.gif

Could someone explain to me how the teams are picked for the All Ireland Cup?

According to what I saw on Wikipedia, its top 2 league sides, plus winners of the League and "FA" cups from both Northern and Republic of Ireland.

However I played Shelbourne (Rep) in the Champion's League Qualifying 1st round this season, and they dont appear to be in the All Ireland cup.

Is that possible or am I going to attempt to explain this in the bugs forum?

Archived