Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gilbster:

Wow my youth facilities have now been upgraded for the season, and I know have

"State of the Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy"

Roll on next season for the regens to start coming through well I hope. May need to find a better youth coach too.

Damn, awesome. Though I wonder if the quality of the regens is limited by the league's reputation.

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Roll on next season for the regens to start coming through well I hope. May need to find a better youth coach too.

Damn, awesome. Though I wonder if the quality of the regens is limited by the league's reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure, I have a young striker coming through that I keep giving occasional games to, that seems to be pretty decent.

I also have noticed some of my youth players called up to the main N.Ireland squad, just not seen any notes about them being fully capped yet.

Does league reputation increase?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Damn, awesome. Though I wonder if the quality of the regens is limited by the league's reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure, I have a young striker coming through that I keep giving occasional games to, that seems to be pretty decent.

I also have noticed some of my youth players called up to the main N.Ireland squad, just not seen any notes about them being fully capped yet.

Does league reputation increase? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea if the league reputation increases... :/

I'm pretty sure that league reputation can change.

SalPa, Finnish First Division, 2008 End of Season

We suck. After our loan signings left last year, we fell apart. Lots of good players were available on free transfers at the end of the year, and many would sign with me, but most decided that they would play for other clubs, often for less money, and in one case, choosing an amateur club over my semi-pro club. Our incredible striker last year, Timo Furuholm was even available on a free. Despite having SalPa as a favored club, he refused so sign with us, despite being offered the max we could offer him. Lots of players signed for other teams in the league besides us, which frustrated me to no end. Not to mention many games we were up by multiple goals only to give up our lead in the last few minutes, including giving up three goals in the last 5 minutes of one game in particular, when we were up 3-0, to end up splitting the points. No less than 3 hat tricks were scored against us on the season, and my defense, despite looking fairly strong, proved to be feast or famine affair, either holding a shut out, or letting in 3 or 4. I managed to assemble a good team by the end of the year, and things started to come together in the last few games, admittedly because I’ve been tweaking tactics all year, and finally came back to a 4-4-2, though extremely different then the one I started the year with. [sarcasm]Me being the tactical genius I am[/sarcasm], I finally derived a working tactic after 22 games, after what has basically been trial and error (and a little tactical theory). I feel that my starting XI is actually quite strong, but the drop off afterward is quite steep. I only relied on two loan signings this year, both in defense, and I don’t think we’ll be too much worse with out them, considering their poor play this year. We failed in the cup, as well, losing 6-0 in the 5th round to a Premiership club. Anyway, here are the links:

Final Table

Position Graph

Heikki Villa– I was able to bring him back to Salon after being on loan with us last year. He was out the first half of the season with injury, but returned to be our best player. He is still my midfield maestro, and his best years are to come.

Vesa Valkjarvi - My young first choice keeper. He wasn't very effective this year, and the media was calling for me to play my other keeper, but he is heads and tails ahead of my next keeper, and is great player at this level, and he will only get better.

Tomi Fjader - Young talented D C.

Peter Lundberg - Top scorer this year, and is quite good, but he's not that good in my eyes. He'd be a good complimentary striker though.

Niko Leino - Found him part way through the season at an amateur club, and he was happy to sign with us. I had no real striker force to speak of, and he didn't look all that great, but I signed him as the only half decent striker that would sign for us. He has proven to be a clinical striker, scoring some crucial goals. Still, he is not that good, and but will work as good back up next year at the very least.

Mohamed Koroma - Also found part way through the season at an amateur club. He is my first full international, though he can't get a game with us currently, but according to my scouts, is going to be a great player for us in the future. He has been on loan at our feeder club for part of the season.

Jari Nikila - Though he may not look it, he is a good full back. He is accomplished as a center back, but I don't like playing him there because of his tackling deficiencies.

David Ramadingaye - Play maker extraordinaire. Though mostly used as a left winger, he can play as a center midfielder, and is great no matter where I put him on the field. He and Villa are who I am going to build my team around next year.

Antti Pulkkinen - Our second best player from last year dropped to a back up role for us this year, but still impressed, and will continue next year as an accomplished back up player.

My realistic goals for next year are to get into the top five of the league, and get our tremendous wage will under control.

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 15/16 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ben Kenney

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier League:

More of the same, P30, W29, D1. Scored 101 goals and conceded 8.

The Cups:

What an incredible run the team had in the European qualifiers. In the first qualifying round we were up against ZTE from Hungary. We demolished them 4-1 in Hungary, then drew 0-0 at home to progress to the next round. I got a really lucky draw for the next round, against an amateur team from Luxembourg. We duly beat them 4-2 on agg to progress to the third qualifying round - against Roma!

In the first leg at home, we played incredibly well, only losing 2-1. However, in Rome, they destroyed us 5-0 and we had to settle for a place in the UEFA Cup first round, against Portuguese side Braga.

In the first leg of the tie against Braga, they beat us 2-0 at our ground, but we had played really well and deserved a draw. In the return leg in Portugal, we beat them 4-3! One of my strikers missed a one-on-one with the goalkeeper in injury time, which if he'd scored would have taken us into the UEFA Cup group stages.

It was also a breakthrough year in the All-Ireland cup, in which we made it to the final only to lose to Cork City on penalties.

The Board, Finances, etc.

Well, the board actually agreed to a stadium expansion during the season - unfortunately the council blocked planning permission. icon_frown.gif

Also, I sold off quite a few players this season to try and build up enough money for the team to turn pro. Another £2m or so should do the trick.

Gundo, info for your table:

3rd Domestic League Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 493rd, 0.660

Nation Euro Coeff: 43rd, 2.000

well my itchy feet have kicked in, combined with my lack of total enthusiasm for Baia Mare and Romanian backwaters, i am putting the game to one side and moving nearer to home, to Wales. Reasons for the move:-

> There is only one league - therefore should all go well it won't take me (hopefully) as many seasons to get to europe.

> 3 european spots available - champions league, UEFA cup & intertot Cup

> 2 teams relegated at end of season

> i can say the names!! icon_wink.gif

i have done the holidaying and currently have a couple of saves to choose from - Caerleon and Cwmbran Town. Caerleon are the one i have dabbled with a bit, and have a couple of decent regen youngsters i'm tempted by. they also play at "Hot Bath Road" icon_biggrin.gif ha ha. downside is i'm struggling to find much info about them via Google.

it does bother me that i have moved teams and countries a couple of times, mainly because i see cookie, gundo, annihilator666 getting into there games and i want to do the same!! i just need to find a 'home' to do so. hopefully wales is that place!! i will post screenshots etc later.

Some good improvements there Annihilator666 . You should have a bit of boost on your European ranking next season which should help, unless you are like me and mess up.

I had about just over £5million in the bank at the end of the season I turned pro.

Have fun in Wales rlipscombe. If I remember correctly they are fairly short seasons there.

Some good improvements there Annihilator666 . You should have a bit of boost on your European ranking next season which should help, unless you are like me and mess up.

I had about just over £5million in the bank at the end of the season I turned pro.

Have fun in Wales rlipscombe. If I remember correctly they are fairly short seasons there.

i'll try!! hopefully this one will stick!! there's 34 games in the season, so fairly standard i guess...

Hello all!

Decided to give this challenge a whirl while i'm off uni over christmas, have found myself abit bored with playing as the big sides and had fun with this challenge on FM07.

Just doing my 'holiday year' now, opted for the Russian league. Will post my screenshot in abit once it's done processing the season.

Just noticed that the Russian First Division has a rule where you're only allowed 3 FGN players in your starting XI and that the bottom 5 teams get relegated. :/

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i'll try!! hopefully this one will stick!! there's 34 games in the season, so fairly standard i guess... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea if its standard, but I was getting sick of the 46 game League 1/2 seasons on Dafuge's challenge. They take forever!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i'll try!! hopefully this one will stick!! there's 34 games in the season, so fairly standard i guess... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea if its standard, but I was getting sick of the 46 game League 1/2 seasons on Dafuge's challenge. They take forever! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True!! i think 'the norm' across many countries in europe is to have 16 - 18 teams in the league.. obviously a bit less in smaller countries who haven't got the same quantity of teams. We in England do like to have a lot of teams and matches in a season!!

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Hello all!

Decided to give this challenge a whirl while i'm off uni over christmas, have found myself abit bored with playing as the big sides and had fun with this challenge on FM07.

Just doing my 'holiday year' now, opted for the Russian league. Will post my screenshot in abit once it's done processing the season.

Just noticed that the Russian First Division has a rule where you're only allowed 3 FGN players in your starting XI and that the bottom 5 teams get relegated. :/

welcome to the challenge. 5 teams is a lot for relegation!! i thought 4 was bad in Romania...

Ok, here we go.

First season finished processing and I had my pick of the 5 newly promoted clubs to the Russian First Division. Unsuprisingly, I opted for the team that actually had a player! I may only have the one player, but me and Valery have big ambitions. Dinamo Stavropol are destined for big things!

Here's a few screenshots:

Squad

Finances

Team Info

Here's hoping that the chairman does 'listen to offers' and I get a chairman in that gives me more than a 0 transfer budget.

Ok, here we go.

First season finished processing and I had my pick of the 5 newly promoted clubs to the Russian First Division. Unsuprisingly, I opted for the team that actually had a player! I may only have the one player, but me and Valery have big ambitions. Dinamo Stavropol are destined for big things!

Squad

Finances

Team Info

Here's hoping that the chairman does 'listen to offers' and I get a chairman in that gives me more than a 0 transfer budget.

what is your wage budget like? have you got plenty of room here?? what sort of staff do you have? i'd recommend getting some scouts in quick!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Ok, here we go.

Squad

Finances

Team Info

what is your wage budget like? have you got plenty of room here?? what sort of staff do you have? i'd recommend getting some scouts in quick!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wage budget is 5.5k per week, doesn't seem too bad considering alot of free players are only asking for £95p/w to sign.

Managed to land a parent club straight away, FC Moscow and they're sending me a striker and a left back it seems icon_smile.gif

Just read this It is the middle paragraph that I can't believe my eyes on.

Any thoughts?

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif bit of a bugs issue i think............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have just reported it and another small bug that has been annoying me about this cup in the bugs forum.

Just glad I wasnt seeing things!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Ok, here we go.

Squad

Finances

Team Info

what is your wage budget like? have you got plenty of room here?? what sort of staff do you have? i'd recommend getting some scouts in quick!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wage budget is 5.5k per week, doesn't seem too bad considering alot of free players are only asking for £95p/w to sign.

Managed to land a parent club straight away, FC Moscow and they're sending me a striker and a left back it seems icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck in Russia, I'm currently in my second season with Amur Blagovashchenk (sp). Well done on getting a parent club, my board have never managed to find one for me.

You probably won't find the '3 foreigners in first XI' rule much of a problem to start with, if, like us, no-one wants to join you anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland - Premier Division - 2021/22 End of Season Update

After last seasons European exploits we were seeded for teh first 2 qualifying rounds of the Champs League.

Qual 1 vs Neftci (Azerbaijan)

leg 1 (h) 2-0

Leg 2 (a) 1-4

Qual 2 vs Gomel (Belarus)

Leg 1 (a) 4-1

Leg 2 (h) 2-0

So one goal away from the third round. I suspect the key to this is to just not have friendlies in pre-season since they injure key players for the qualifiers.

The title, league cup, Irish cup and Antrim cup were all mine again while my reserves won the Intermeddiate cup.

All-Ireland cup was won by St Pats Athletic 1-0 against Downpatrick in the final.

Table - just a shame I conceded 5 goals all season in the league :p And Jimbo, Lisburn are doing the challenge without you!

Finance

Transfers

My board now consider my facilities amongst the best in the world so I am not allowed to ask for any more upgrades.

I can only have 2 feeder clubs though at the moment, and I am not allowed to ask for what sort I want either, which I could do before I was professional. Just wonder if that is a bug too?

I've played a few of my players from my youth system this season a bit, and they arent too bad. There may be some hope yet for Northern Ireland's chances in the future.

For Gundo

10 Premier Division Titles

239th Downpatrick 8.199

36th Northern Ireland 6.667

Just read this It is the middle paragraph that I can't believe my eyes on.

Any thoughts?

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif bit of a bugs issue i think............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have just reported it and another small bug that has been annoying me about this cup in the bugs forum.

Just glad I wasnt seeing things! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it did take me two or three reads to fully get my head around it....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table .19/12

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) Second 2009/10 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Meldert Storzy - - -

(Bel) Premier 2018/19 Meldert CoachFlu 340th 4.921 24th 14.925 Domestic Title

(Blr) First 2011 Molodechno Reverand&Makers - - -

(Bul) West B 2008/09 Pirin LongView3 - - -

(Cro) First 2014/15 NK Slavonija iacovone - - -

(Cro) Second 2011/12 NK Novalja aaberdeenn - - -

(Cro) First 2009/10 NK Karlovac Konquest - - -

(Den) Premier 2010 Helsingør Alurny - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Fredrikshavn cletus - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Avarta blowcrapup - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Fin) First 2009 Salon Palloilijat Coasterkoa - - -

(Gre) Second 2009/10 Panaitolikis Benjaminoo - - -

(Gre) Super 2010/11 Messiniakos yababo - - -

(Hün) Premier 2014/15 Békéscsaba Elöre Quacky 296th 6.960 24th 10.833 Domestic Title x2

(Hün) First 2008/09 Szeged mocko666 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) Premier 2024 Magni endtime - - Domestic Title x7

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) Premier 2013 Kari Jazza - - Domestic Title

(Ice) First 2008 Grotta cr4z3d - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni Jimbokav1971 - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Premier 2016/17 Nortel Annihilator666 493rd 0.660 43rd 2.000 Domsetic Title x3

(N.I) Premier 2012/13 Sirocco Works Fire Bracelet - - -

(N.I) Premier 2021/22 Downpatrick Gilbster 239th 8.199 36th 6.667 Domestic Title x10

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers butts - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Mosside Jimbokav1971 - - -

(Nor) First 2011 Randaberg IL Gundo - - -

(Nor) First 2012 Skjetten cookie15 - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Progresul Bucharest rlipscombe - - -

(Rus) First 2009 Amur johnnyquest409 - - -

(Rus) First 2008 Dinamo Stavropol José Pandinho - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Slo) Second 2015/16 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Slk) First 2011/12 Puchov migwar - - Domestic Title

(Slk) Second 2008/09 Puchov mocko666 - - -

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kaapo iseemonsters - - -

(Swe) Premier 2014 Krokom freek_teek - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Angby IF 3Sixty - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Zofingen StOnEhEaD - - -

(Swi) First 2009/10 UGS ghostwriter - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kalkmar Barca4ever - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow NeoAC - - -

(Pol) Second 2009/10 TKP Torun Supermas2 - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Olimpic Donetsk nathansxi - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Taffs Well 3Sixty - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Pontypridd Spagbol - - -

</pre>

*When posting your coefficients could you please type them as they are shown on the table. 200th 4.432

It just makes it alot easier when updating the table, just having to copy and paste. Thanks! icon14.gif

I've got two rather big problems.

I had to re-install FM and now my Novalja game won't load so that's screwed, shall have to start again.

Also, the patch won't download now so if someone would be as kind to e-mail it to me via my yahoo e-mail in my profile it would be greatly appreciated.

As soon as I've got that I shall be back in with a new game, probably in Croatia again. icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I've got two rather big problems.

I had to re-install FM and now my Novalja game won't load so that's screwed, shall have to start again.

Also, the patch won't download now so if someone would be as kind to e-mail it to me via my yahoo e-mail in my profile it would be greatly appreciated.

As soon as I've got that I shall be back in with a new game, probably in Croatia again. icon14.gif

Good luck pal

Winter Update

Dear god. It's just not getting any better. Absolute brick wall...

We have 1 point less than last years winter break (18) but 1 place up (10th). This is not good.

Thought the team had improved. It hasn't. The board are actually getting a little annoyed with me - they wanted a safe mid table position, I'm flirting with relegation. Grrr.

Russian First Division - Season 1 2008

Really got into this game today and ended up finishing my first season already! Although a cup run consisting of only 1 game did help in terms of speed.

The boys did me proud with a 13th place finish in theleague.

The squad looks a little something like this.

Progress chart.

We had a bad start to the season with 3 defeats on the belt end and being given odds of 2000/1 of being promoted! Obviously the fact that my players had only known eachother a week by this point was having an effect on things, as the season moved on and my tactics added abit of much needed grit to the side, we were on track. We then proceeded to go 7 games undefeated in the league, unfortunately 6 of those games ended in a draw. It was at this point that my board takeover finally went through, not only did the board not make any more cash available, they decided to sever all my links with FC Moscow, meaning that the 4 quality players I had on loan were all sent packing. Great.

With these young stars headed back to Moscow, form hit a slight downturn on the way into the transfer window re-opening in August. I offloaded a couple of players who i'd signed for free, unfortunately i didn't recoup any money for them but at least they were off the wage bill. It was at this point I got my new parent club, Spartak Moscow, the cavalry had arrived to save me from the relegation dog fight!

I also had high hopes for youngster Stanislav Zhukov (5k) who came highly recommended by one of my scouts, unfortunately he picked up a knock on his debut which ruled him out for the next 2 months. When he arrived, he arrived in style with 7 goals in 8 games to give a much needed spark to the last leg of the season.

Roll on next season, I'm hoping to consolidate next season and maybe creep a little higher up the league table, before making a real promotion push in season 3. Money is very tight, I seem to be losing money on a monthly basis leaving me around 40-50k in debt at the moment.

Jimbo you'll properly appreciate this. icon_biggrin.gif

Our last game of the season in the league against a decent Haugesund team. We are leading 3-1. The game has just gone into injury time. I'm thinking it's all rapped up, no problems what so ever. Then...

Haugesund win a corner. What's this? They must being going all out for the equalizer, because their 6'2" GK Thomas Solvoll makes his way into the penalty area. You can kind of guess what happens next!

Solvoll powers a bullet header into the top corner!

Damn you scoring GK's! icon_redface.gif

I wish I had one. icon_frown.gif

It finished 3-3 btw.

Békéscsaba Elöre 2014/15 Special Impulse Update

Thanks to some fantastic results I was compelled to do an update at a rather meaningless point of the season. So anyway it started with a routine win 4-2 aggregate win over Levadia Tallinn (Estonia) in champions league 2nd qualifying. Next up Leverkusen, I felt pretty confident after beating Werder Bremen last season at this point and a brilliant 2-2 draw in Germany set up another tense but winnable home leg. It was all going so well until the 83rd minute but in the 92nd minute new star signing from Al-Shabab http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4508/alobaidlr6.jpg]Majid Al-Obaid[/url] hit back to win it on away goals.

So to the group stages with Arsenal, Rangers and Benfica, as I say this is an impulse update and I haven't played all the games yet. We start with possibly the easiest game, Rangers at home and we did it, in reality it could have been more.

Next came the hardest game in the group away at Arsenal and the reason for the impulse update. All hail man of the match, superman keeper, Montenegrin master, the amazing, incomparable, Vukasin Poleksic currently in his 5th season at Békéscsaba he is a real rock of the team icon_biggrin.gif. To be quite honest again most teams I would have snatched a goal in this game with Martial Yao breaking free behind Eboué at least 5 times only to see Akinfeev in the Arsenal goal icon_frown.gif.

Originally posted by Gundo:

Jimbo you'll properly appreciate this. icon_biggrin.gif

Our last game of the season in the league against a decent Haugesund team. We are leading *3-2 . The game has just gone into injury time. I'm thinking it's all rapped up, no problems what so ever. Then...

Haugesund win a corner. What's this? They must being going all out for the equalizer, because their 6'2" GK Thomas Solvoll makes his way into the penalty area. You can kind of guess what happens next!

Solvoll powers a bullet header into the top corner!

Damn you scoring GK's! icon_redface.gif

I wish I had one. icon_frown.gif

It finished 3-3 btw.

*Corrected.

NK Slovan 2015-16

Slovenian 2nd Division

In: 11 for 60K

Out: 13 for 22K

Board, fans: top half

Media: 3rd

Started the season with a 4-0 win against promotion rivals Mura. Followed it up with 7 more wins until we drew a match, and we never looked back. We had a 7 point advantage at the winter break, then won a key match at main rivals Livar, and we walked the league.

Got the title and promotion secured with 2 games to go with a 4-2 away win against Portoroz-Piran. We were 1-2 down in the 85th minute icon_biggrin.gif

Promotion! \o/\o/\o/

Fans' POY, best avg.: Big Fat Skipper DC (7.36 avg., 9 goals!)

Top goalscorer: gifted starting ST and cool sub ST, 13 goals each

First division, here we go! Already sold 2 key players, but with the nearly 1M income I think I can get a squad together which will cut it in top flight.

The whole season was great, all the signings did a great job too, and we were not plagued by injuries icon14.gif

League table

Tough season ahead, but finally we got out! icon_biggrin.gif

Randaberg IL - 2010 Norwegian Adeccoligaen End Of Season Report

So our first season in the Adecco (1 divisjon) and we managed to out do the Boards expectations of 'battle bravely against relegation' and secure a 10th place finish. Our season in general was littered with inconsistency from start to finish, one week we'd hammer a relegation bound team then the following get a heavy beating from one of the top teams. We scored plenty, but the problem was in trying to keep them out! That's my main priority for next season; to really improve and reshape the back line.

Stian Ringstad is immense, yes I've said it before and I'll properly say it again many times. He's got the lot; Pace, Power, Technique and the list could go on tbf. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough even to utter these words, I mean I'm not even in the top flight yet and Ringstad is still only 18! But I'm starting to think he's a better overall player than Patrik Burda ever was! icon_eek.gif

Now for the screenies:

League table.

Randaberg squad.

Myhre. icon14.gif

The boy wonder himself! The irreplaceable, one and only Stian Ringstad. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

We'll see what the 2011 season brings I guess... icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Quacky:

I have to praise your persistence emgergo, thats a lot of seasons to escape I hope you don't go straight down.

Gundo for the table I have 3 domestic titles.

It'll be correct in the next table. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I've holidayed Croatia but I just don't think I can go there again so it looks like it'll have to be a change of scenery.

Don't have a clue where I'm going to go though, Belarus or Austria are my current thoughts.

Go Austria, dont think there are any playing there at the moment. I'm also curious as to whats its like there.

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland - European Update

Another season, another 1st round qualifying match for the Champions League. This time it saw us seeded for the draw and drawn against Kairat from Kazahkstan.

Leg 1 (h) 4-0

Leg 2 (a) 0-4

Wow an 8-0 aggregate win which saw us set up a tie against AIK from Sweden.

Leg 1 (h) 1-0

Leg 2 (a) 2-5

Well after last seasons disappointment at this stage, I have to say I am very pleased at beating good Swedish opposition.

Qualifying Round 3 vs PSV (Holland)

Leg 1

Leg 2

Leg 2 has literally just been played so all I can say is omg, omg, omg!

Another season, another 1st round qualifying match for the Champions League. This time it saw us seeded for the draw and drawn against Kairat from Kazahkstan.

Leg 1 (h) 4-0

Leg 2 (a) 0-4

Leg 1 (h) 1-0

Leg 2 (a) 2-5

Well after last seasons disappointment at this stage, I have to say I am very pleased at beating good Swedish opposition.

Leg 1

Leg 2

Recovered now and pressed continue.

Interesting Group Draw - very much doubt I will be able to squeeze points out of any these teams. I thiink I would have preferred group D, but they all look hard to me.

The £3 million pounds just for getting to this stage is quite nice though.

Leg 1 (h) 4-0

Leg 2 (a) 0-4

Leg 1 (h) 1-0

Leg 2 (a) 2-5

Leg 1

Leg 2

congrats gilbster!! icon14.gif you have reached 'the holy grail'... now you've just got to go and win it!! icon_wink.gif good luck!!

Archived