Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Thanks Gilbster, it really is a good feeling.

With all the money I've saved up for the last few years I really went all out and splashed the cash.

For those that can remember (aaberdeenn) Mr Semialjac has been dramatically resigned! He is now on the highest weekly wage in the history of Slavonija. What's the point of having money if you're not going to spend it!?

Transfers

Any chance of a screenie of his playing history page plz? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gundo, for you, anything. History

Also need to add this is ******* that jumped ship when we were languishing in the second division! But forgive and forget. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks iacovone. icon14.gif

He looks like a real good player, you must be delighted to have him back where he belongs. Have you any idea why he hasn't won a Croatian cap yet? Or are the Croatian strikers in the current era on another level to him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep I am delighted to have him back. He scored on his comeback game icon_biggrin.gif.

He is good but look at the competition for Croatia:

Striker 1

Striker 2

Striker 3

Striker 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought there would be a good reason for him not being a full international yet. I'm sure once some of those drop off he'll get his chance. icon14.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

With wins like this I'm hoping you're right rlipscombe! C'mon the Slavs icon_cool.gif

there's nothing like an injury-time winner!!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 new signings as well!

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 16/17 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ben Kenney

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Domestic:

Once again, I won all the domestic competitions.

Champions League:

Shelbourne were my opponents this year in the first qualifying round. After two tight games, Nortel came away with a 3-2 agg. victory. In the next round we were up against Legia from Poland. They turned out to be pretty good, and they beat us 1-0 on agg. So I ended up with a worse performance this year. icon13.gif

All-Ireland Cup:

Same as last year. Got through the group stages, and beat Derry in the Semi-Finals, but once again lost to Cork City in the final.

The Board, Finaces, etc.

The board approved the stadium expansion again, and thankfully the council didn't block it this year. So I'm getting an extra 500 seats, and will be groundsharing with Cliftonville (5k cap. stadium) until the work is complete. icon14.gif

Also, the club turned professional after the above screenshots were taken, which means I can now scout all of Europe. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 16/17 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ben Kenney

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Domestic:

Once again, I won all the domestic competitions.

Champions League:

Shelbourne were my opponents this year in the first qualifying round. After two tight games, Nortel came away with a 3-2 agg. victory. In the next round we were up against Legia from Poland. They turned out to be pretty good, and they beat us 1-0 on agg. So I ended up with a worse performance this year. icon13.gif

All-Ireland Cup:

Same as last year. Got through the group stages, and beat Derry in the Semi-Finals, but once again lost to Cork City in the final.

The Board, Finaces, etc.

The board approved the stadium expansion again, and thankfully the council didn't block it this year. So I'm getting an extra 500 seats, and will be groundsharing with Cliftonville (5k cap. stadium) until the work is complete. icon14.gif

Also, the club turned professional after the above screenshots were taken, which means I can now scout all of Europe. icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on going pro Annhilator, its a dream!

But unlucky on the Euro front, although with reinforcements from all over Europe I'm backing you to do better next year!

But unlucky on the Euro front, although with reinforcements from all over Europe I'm backing you to do better next year!

Thanks! Have my scouts in the Czech Republic as we speak. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best place for them. I have a few Czech Republic players as well as Romanians in my squad at the moment.

Congrats on going pro, and give it at least 1 more season probably before you start noticing the difference in Europe. That first registration deadline will come a bit too soon for this season.

Russian Season 2 - First Division - 2009

Amazing. The boys have achieved the impossible this season, not only getting promoted, but going up as Champions.

League

Progress

Squad

Transfers in/out

Ha after the day these lads have put me through I actually feel mentally exhausted. As the season started I felt confident that the players were capable of making a push for a top 5 finish but we started abit hit and miss. Consistency kicked in once i'd decided my starting XI and they got used to playing together.

I am genuinely shocked we managed to finish top, it was amazingly tight between myself, Amkar and Ural, I almost felt sorry for Ural that they should miss out on promotion after running so close.

Anyway, the main reason we were able to achieve promotion was in no small part to parent club, Spartak Moscow, who sent us a few gems on loan:

Badyautdinov - he's been solid as a rock at the back all season and is currently the Russia U19 Captain.

Bazhev - Originally I picked him to play on my problematic right side but once he got a go upfront he was amazing, bagging goals for fun.

Dineev - Another from the Spartak youth catalogue currently on show at Dinamo, instrumental in the promotion push.

The one worry I do have is that the link with Spartak may be terminated once the season updates and I'm in the top division. These players are all on loan here for another 12 months and I'd love them to be in my squad next season.

Also special thanks should be reserved for these two mainstays in the Dinamo side:

Perov - Signed for 8k at the start of my first season in charge, was my first purchase when in charge. Had a tough first season due to a poor defensive unit protecting him but this year he's been brilliant.

Kostin - Stand out player of the year for me, not only was he free scoring, but he scored when it really mattered. His end of season form was undoubtedly what clinched the title. He was one of the loans from Spartak Moscow last year but with his contract expiring they accept a 3k bid from me at the very start of the season.

The concern I did have however, was the extravagant bonus scheme my board decided to pay out to the players:

Bonus

Surely its some kind of bug that when we have a bank balance of £35,000 that the board would decide to plunge us £240,000 into debt just to reward the players.

Hopefully my now, rich squad, will be chipping in some cash to fund my statue though icon_smile.gif

haha

Haha well done Jose. Great season, does that mean you're in the top flight now? Or is there another tier?

Kostin looks great icon14.gif

Can't believe you're getting a statue, there's no pleasing my Slavonija fans. icon_mad.gif

By the way everytime I read your name - Jose Pandinho I tend to sing it in my head along to the Jose Mourinho tune! Sad, but I like it! icon_biggrin.gif

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland - Premier Division - 2022/23 End of Season Update

Well all the highlights of my European campaign have already been posted. Essentialy I beat PSV to make it to the Champion's League group stage, where I lost out on 2nd place on tie breakers. I then lost to Spartak Moscow in the UEFA cup 1st Knockout Round. It was though the best European run Downpatrick has ever seen.

Domestically somehow, despite playing 15 league games, plus 2 cup semis and a final in April, we won the league and all the cups as normal.

All-Ireland Cup was won this season by Downpatrick for only the second time. It culminated in a tense penalty shootout that neither side wanted to win.

Apologies for briefness of this update, but I have covered the key points elsewhere in the thread and I want to start work on next season already.

Table

Transfers

For Gundo's Table

11 Titles

252nd 8.529

N.I 34th 7.667

Just lost in second qualifying round due to a 0-2 home loss and a 0-0 away draw. The home leg had 2 Downpatrick players sent off in the same minute, and from there it was all over.

My strikers can barely score at the moment, no idea what I have done to the team but I'm worried.

Well what a wonderful way to bring up my update. We are 1 third of the way into the season and my sub forward has just won us the game away to Varteks in the 95th minute. Only 3 were added on. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Now for those that were wondering if this was a false dawn, I'll let this Table speak for itself. icon_cool.gif

All that spending has been worth while! Amazingly Hadjuk and Dinamo have dropped off the pace so far. Long may it continue.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Just lost in second qualifying round due to a 0-2 home loss and a 0-0 away draw. The home leg had 2 Downpatrick players sent off in the same minute, and from there it was all over.

My strikers can barely score at the moment, no idea what I have done to the team but I'm worried.

Ah Gilbster gutted for you. Maybe time to change the tactic? Incidently do you watch highlights? Or commentary only?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Ah Gilbster gutted for you. Maybe time to change the tactic? Incidently do you watch highlights? Or commentary only? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since season 1 in this game I have been using the default 4-4-2 tactic without changes. I think domestically I may be ok this season since I have just beaten Distillery 7-0 in the league cup first group game.

I watch using commentary only, and dont bother with the 2d match engine at all. I also have the speed on the fastest setting, as anything else feels to slow.

I think I may have just been ridiculously unlucky to have 2 players sent off in the same game. In that same match I had a missed penalty and 1 goal disallowed. Grrr icon_mad.gif

My fears were recognised, my link with Spartak was severed and all the players on loan were returned icon_frown.gif

thankfully my board gave me ... £0 to spend! ha they did however give me a wage budget of 29k per week, my current wage bill stands at around 5-6k per week so i was able to adjust it and get a nice £750k to spend, brought in a 2 or 3 quality players with it. About to play my first game in the big leagues now :/

well done in the league iacovone, i'm expecting a Euro qualification at least icon_wink.gif

and unlucky Gilbster icon_frown.gif i'm shocked it was possible to achieve so much using a default tactic i tinker with mine 2 or 3 times per match!

Well done Johnny, I hope your side is well prepared though! the signings I made in the break were a real step up in quality to those I had in the First Division and i'm getting absolutely battered icon_biggrin.gif

Played 3, lost 3, scored 2, conceded 10

If I go down, this new wage bill will absolutely cripple me icon_biggrin.gif

do you find that you're constantly losing money?

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Well done Johnny, I hope your side is well prepared though! the signings I made in the break were a real step up in quality to those I had in the First Division and i'm getting absolutely battered icon_biggrin.gif

At the end of the season, having just paid squad bonuses, our bank balance is -£180k. That'll rise to about +£50k with the sale of a couple of players in the close season, but I can't see us being given much of a transfer budget, which I think we'll desperately need. At the moment I reckon only 3 or 4 of our players are good enough for the top flight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Thanks! Have my scouts in the Czech Republic as we speak. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best place for them. I have a few Czech Republic players as well as Romanians in my squad at the moment.

Congrats on going pro, and give it at least 1 more season probably before you start noticing the difference in Europe. That first registration deadline will come a bit too soon for this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My scouts actually picked out some players pretty quickly, I signed three before the registration closed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Congrats on going pro, and give it at least 1 more season probably before you start noticing the difference in Europe. That first registration deadline will come a bit too soon for this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My scouts actually picked out some players pretty quickly, I signed three before the registration closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough then, good luck. How many scouts are you allowed? I seem to be stuck at 3 before my board overrule the signing of another.

Amur Blagoveschensk - End Of Season 2009 - Russian First Division

League Table

Position Graph

Promotion!! Absolutely delighted with this, having being predicted to finish 19th (relegation), to finish 2nd is fantastic. A slow start to the season wasn't ideal, but a quick improvement saw us rise into 3rd after 11 games and we never dropped below that for the rest of the season. Poor form towards the end (winning just 4 of the last 12 games) left us in 3rd place with just one game left, but a win over top-of-the-table Amkar coupled with Khimki's defeat to 4th-placed Spartak Nalchik allowed us to steal 2nd place.

Not much of a cup run again this season, losing heavily in the 6th round to Torpedo Moscow (we entered in the 5th round...).

Our promotion-winning squad

If this is to become a relegation-avoiding squad next season, there are going to have to be a LOT of changes.

A few of the players look like they might be good enough for the top flight, and they've been key to our promotion this season.

Captain Pravkin - Picked up for just £1k at the start of our first season, he's played all but 7 league games league games since then. He's come to our rescue several times this season, but I'll have to wait and see if he's good enough next season. Formerly a Dinamo Stavropol player...

Shams Djumabaev - Solid young DM, one of the best passers in the league.

Stanislav Zhukov - Quality. Best player in the team by some distance, and perhaps the league, bagged 35 goals in 41 league games this season. Unfortunately, he's leaving, and will be playing non-league football with Metallurg Lipetsk next season. The money from the transfer is going to come in very handy, but our fan's Player of the Year for consecutive seasons will be sorely missed. Hopefully I'll be able to tempt him back at some point in the future...

Finances - Will be improved following the sale of Zhukov but still not looking too pretty.

So our aims for next season, our first in the top flight...

To be honest, the step up looks massive, and I'd be surprised if we stay up. Last year's First Division champions Alania are coming straight back down having managed just 9 points so far this season (from 26 games out of 30). It's all going to depend on the players I'm able to attract to the club over the close season, and the amount of money my board decide to give me, which unfortunately, I can't see being much at all.

My scouts actually picked out some players pretty quickly, I signed three before the registration closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough then, good luck. How many scouts are you allowed? I seem to be stuck at 3 before my board overrule the signing of another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same. Currently have a couple poking around eastern europe and one in central europe.

Ok, how did I play loads of seasons with varying clubs on Dafuge's challenge and not notice a single bug, and yet this game I keep finding the odd small bug?

Can anyone explain this? or at least tell me how I am meant to explain it in the bugs forum. Its a message about my Assistant Manager, implying he is actually the manager of Downpatrick.

I got it aswell a couple of seasons ago. I think it's meant to be about the reserves doing well rather than the first team, but obviously the message doesn't say that.

Ok, how did I play loads of seasons with varying clubs on Dafuge's challenge and not notice a single bug, and yet this game I keep finding the odd small bug?

Can anyone explain this? or at least tell me how I am meant to explain it in the bugs forum. Its a message about my Assistant Manager, implying he is actually the manager of Downpatrick.

I got it aswell a couple of seasons ago. I think it's meant to be about the reserves doing well rather than the first team, but obviously the message doesn't say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I half wish my reserves didnt keep doing so well. Keep having to payout for them hitting semis and finals of varying cups.

Be a lot cheaper if they were just awful.

How many feeder clubs do you have, and can you get a work permit one yet?

icon_confused.gif

I got it aswell a couple of seasons ago. I think it's meant to be about the reserves doing well rather than the first team, but obviously the message doesn't say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I half wish my reserves didnt keep doing so well. Keep having to payout for them hitting semis and finals of varying cups.

Be a lot cheaper if they were just awful.

How many feeder clubs do you have, and can you get a work permit one yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only have 2 feeder clubs, but I haven't tried asking for any more recently because I totally forgot. :/

I did get Derby as a parent club a couple of seasons ago, without even asking.

Sirocco Works - 2012/2013 Season - N. Ireland Premier Division

Manager Summary - Manager Summary

Final Tables - Final Tables

European Coeffiecient - Coefficients

Premier League: Finally a bit of a breakthrough as we finished absolutely top of form getting 5 wins and 1 draw in the last 6 to finish 4th. Previous to the last game of the season I was sitting in the (dead but doesn't know it) Intertoto spot needing a win because Glenavon sitting a point below me was playing the already relegated Ballywhatever team. We had to play champions Portadown. Victory!

So an amazing 1 goal victory to sickened Porta defender Graham Edwards. Oh and by the way that goal also cost Portadown the Premier League Championship, with Glentoran drawing ahead with a win. But the big news is we were on to the INTERTOTO CUP! Who cares...but it would be fun to leave the country for once, that's for sure.

Cups? Nothing of note this year, hope to get better in that department this year.

COEFFICIENTS: Club 469th 0.550 Nation 43rd 1.667

Caerleon AFC - Start of Season 2008/09 - Wales Premier League

Just a mini-report prior to me starting my first season. Pre-season has gone pretty well to date, with a healthy win-ratio, particularly against some of my league rivals.

as for my squad, the quality isn't great, so i'm building a squad for the first season with most players on a 1-year contract. my scouts don't particularly rate many of my players, yet they still believe they're good players for the league. talk about mixed messages!! either my scouts think i'm a bigger club than i am, or they over-estimate the quality of the league.

I have found a couple of potential stars in my youth squad:

Jamie Sealey - ST

Jonathan Measom - CM

despite their tender ages, they have been the stars of my pre-season. Sealey has been banging them in, and 15-year-old Measom has been a star in midfield. i might have to be brave and throw them in at the deep end... nut don't they say "you don't win anything with kids..." icon_wink.gif

sorry fot the multiple posts, but for those that can't find the proper kits for their clubs (despite extensive searching on Google), i've just had some 'fantasy' kits made over at sortitoutsi.net by a guy called "dezzy". i think they're amazing:

Caerleon 'fantasy' home

Caerleon 'fantasy' away

just thought i'd share with you, if anyboady actually cares!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Just about to begin our first season in the Russian Premier Division with a fixture at home vs Zenit Petersburg.

I've brought in quite a few players to strengthen the squad over the close season, but the other teams in the league still look a class above mine.

It's certainly a daunting prospect to know we're going to be up against players like Akinfeev and Pavlyuchenko this season.

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Jose, how much is your wage bill? And how are your attendances now you're in the top flight?

We have a wage budget of £23k/week but are only using £13.5k of it, with the transfer window having just closed for the start of the season.

We've sold just over 5000 season tickets and our first game of the season attracted just over 11000, an increase of about 3000 on last season.

I think, or at least hope, that we'll be making a profit from this season, but I agree, if we do go down, we could be seriously crippled next year.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

So close to a victory on the opening day! icon_frown.gif

Zenit have just equalised with 5 minutes left with a bizarre goal from the half-way line. Gutted. Finished 1-1. To be honest though, with possesion 38:62 and shots 3:18, I should probably be happy with a draw!

Bad luck johnny, although I do agree, perhaps you were a little lucky to escape with a draw looking at the stats.

rlipscombe I love those kits, you've done well there! I wouldn't say the leagues in the bag but our 2nd half of the season form has always been better than the first half. So...bring it on! icon_cool.gif

i love them too... just need to sort out getting a config file done for them now so i can get them in the game....

Archived