Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not happy. Even if I have the limit of 4 foreigners in the first 11 I can only have 4 on the pitch at the same time, during the game. icon13.gif

So even if I had another 7 foriegners on the bench they could only come on if they replaced one of the original 4. So in fact it would be a terrible idea to put all foreigners on the bench!

Originally posted by iacovone:

Well, whilst we're on the topic of youngsters, what do people think of this guy?

Yep looks very good for is age. Like Quacky said positioning and decisions are lagging behind, but if those rise significantly then he could be quite useful in the future. icon14.gif

Just realised something about the foreigners rule in Croatia. It says:

There must be no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11

So this means I could potentially have another 7 on the bench. \o/

icon14.gif

Be careful with this. If it's like Russia, the rule of 'no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11' will actually mean no more than 4 foreign players on the pitch at any time.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Just realised something about the foreigners rule in Croatia. It says:

There must be no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11

So this means I could potentially have another 7 on the bench. \o/

icon14.gif

Be careful with this. If it's like Russia, the rule of 'no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11' will actually mean no more than 4 foreign players on the pitch at any time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Only just realised there was a page 20 and you'd already worked this out yourself. Don't mind me...

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 17/18 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Paul Morrison

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Domestic Competitions:

Same old. Won all the domestic cups, and the league.

European Competitions:

The first qualifying round of the Champions League saw Nortel take on Rabotnicki from Macedonia. A 2-2 away draw in the first leg left me satisfied, and we went on to hammer them 3-0 at home to progress to the next round. Here, we went up against Grasshopper Zurich, who I thought were going to be very tough. However, we beat them 2-0 and 3-2 to set up a 3rd qualifying round match against Portsmouth.

The first leg in Portsmouth was a disaster, with us being thumped 3-0. In the return leg the team put in an excellent performace and won 2-0, but it was too little, too late. This meant we went into the 1st round of the UEFA Cup, and I was praying for a favourable draw. Unfortunately, we got Panathinaikos, and they beat us 5-1 on agg. icon_frown.gif

All-Ireland Cup:

This was my worst year for a while in the All-Ireland Cup. I didn't win any of my four games against Irish opposition, and only won once against Glentoran, drawing the other. So I finished 3rd in the group with 5 points.

The Board, Finances, etc.

The stadium was upgraded to 1,150 capacity last season and will have another 577 seats added this season. We'll be playing in a 5k capacity stadium while the work is completed. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

5 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 485th, 1.208

Nation Eufo Coeff: 40th, 2.833

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Well I decided to take charge in Iceland icon_biggrin.gif

Here is my Profile

shame to lose you from Wales ManU - looks like i'm the only one in the valleys again.... Go the Romans.

(i'll be posting a half-season report tomorrow, probably in the morning. it's going ok...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may start with wales after I have a go with Iceland

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - Half-Season Report - 2008/09

Time for my first review with Caerleon. First off, the league table:

League Table

i have to say i'm very happy with my league position of 11th - if i was to be picky mind we've drawn a few too many games the media said we should have won in their post-match reports. That is me being picky though. i'm especially pleased, as after going the first 4 games without a win, i was a little conerned about relegation. a change to 5-3-2 changed all that though.

In the cups, we were knocked out in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup. However, the Welsh Challange Cup has been VERY satisfying so far...

Welsh Challenge Cup - Semi Finals

The cup is a bit like the european cups in it's setup, with groups of 3 teams playing each other twice, with the top team progressing from each group, along with the 2 best runners-up. then comes a one-leg quarter final, followed by a two-legged semi-final, which is where i'm at. I'm delighted with the progress in this competition, especially as we've extremely unfancied in every game we've played. i fear the final may be one game too far, but it would be a dream to reach the final in my first season.... Come on you Romans!! (our nickname).

My squad has performed above my expectations so far as mentioned, although we do have a main squad of 14, and the rest are largely just fillers, with the possible exception of upfront.

Squad

to have two forwards having reached 10 goals is satifying, although they are very inconsistent in their form, and thus i still crave a 'real goalscorer' who i know will do the business week in, week out.

Below are my transfers:

Transfers

as you can see, i've splashed a bit of money on my squad, following a budget adjustment. i have been pleased with the return of the players purchased.

The only real problem so far as the finances:

Finances

As you can see we are beginning to lose some money, which concerns me. a reduction in the number of players is planned soon, although this won't stem the tide in total.

Anyway, back to the game... Let's hope the Romans shoot for the top, and don't slide down towards the drop zone...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

League Table

i have to say i'm very happy with my league position of 11th - if i was to be picky mind we've drawn a few too many games the media said we should have won in their post-match reports. That is me being picky though. i'm especially pleased, as after going the first 4 games without a win, i was a little conerned about relegation. a change to 5-3-2 changed all that though.

In the cups, we were knocked out in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup. However, the Welsh Challange Cup has been VERY satisfying so far...

The cup is a bit like the european cups in it's setup, with groups of 3 teams playing each other twice, with the top team progressing from each group, along with the 2 best runners-up. then comes a one-leg quarter final, followed by a two-legged semi-final, which is where i'm at. I'm delighted with the progress in this competition, especially as we've extremely unfancied in every game we've played. i fear the final may be one game too far, but it would be a dream to reach the final in my first season.... Come on you Romans!! (our nickname).

My squad has performed above my expectations so far as mentioned, although we do have a main squad of 14, and the rest are largely just fillers, with the possible exception of upfront.

Squad

to have two forwards having reached 10 goals is satifying, although they are very inconsistent in their form, and thus i still crave a 'real goalscorer' who i know will do the business week in, week out.

Below are my transfers:

Transfers

as you can see, i've splashed a bit of money on my squad, following a budget adjustment. i have been pleased with the return of the players purchased.

Finances

As you can see we are beginning to lose some money, which concerns me. a reduction in the number of players is planned soon, although this won't stem the tide in total.

Anyway, back to the game... Let's hope the Romans shoot for the top, and don't slide down towards the drop zone...

done quite well got some some good players in as well icon14.gif

I had Hristo Panayotov and Luke Carding who were just ace for me icon14.gif

but I got Luke for Free icon_biggrin.gif

Lisburn Rangers – 2008/09 – Northern Irish 2nd division.

Media Prediction: 6th

Final Position: 1st (Champions)

Irish Cup: 1st round – beaten away 2-0 by lowly amateur side Craigavon.

Intermediate Cup: 3rd round – lost 2-1 away to a bunch of students.

Intermediate League Cup: Semi-final – lost 2-0 at home to 1st division outfit Ballinamallard.

Antrim Cup: 1st round - Lost 2-0 at home to Holywood.

Antrim Trophy: Quarter Final – Lost 1-0 at home to lowly Orangefield (who went on to win it.)

Top-scorer: Gary Johnson – 32 goals in 32 games.

Star man: Gary Johnson

Defensive legend: Stephen Munn

One to watch: Ross Hayes

Final League Position 2008/09

Started the season well by progressing nicely in the Intermediate League Cup, but it takes so long for the season to actually start. I never really dropped out the top three all season and aside from the awful cup losses I was never in danger of missing out. I hit a bad patch midway through the season when I lost 3 in 4, but the signing of Jamie Daly gave everyone at the club a huge boost, as he hit 6 in 6, to propel me towards the title. I also managed to survive with just one average keeper and a few players who haven’t signed long-term contracts. I need to strengthen in the summer now.

Away from the pitch, my board wouldn’t give me a parent club. Bastards. My finances appear to be on the slide a little. I did have a healthy balance (about 22k) and now its gone to around 8k and now sliding downwards. I think my winter capture of Jamie Daly is coming back to haunt me.

Star man is Gary Johnson, a free transfer and free-kick legend. I rejected a bid of 20k for him from AFC Wimbledon and have 20 odd clubs sniffing around him. I’ve signed him up for next season, so he isn’t going anywhere. Main problem is he gets very upset whenever he reads articles claiming about how good he is.

Next season:

• Get new assman

• Strengthen the wide positions.

• Get a new keeper

• Survive!

I can’t really update this a lot, because I have to study Japanese. Anyways, I’ll try and progress this slowly. I should have a ridiculous amount of time to kill in the summer.

Mosside – 2008/09 – Northern Irish 2nd division

Media Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 9th

Irish Cup: 1st round – beaten 1-0 by Dunloy icon_mad.gif

Intermediate Cup: 1st Round – lost 1-1 on penalties

Intermediate League Cup:Antrim Trophy: Semi-final – lost 1-0 to Ards

Antrim Trophy: 3rd round lost to s**t non league Rathfriland

Top-scorer: Timmy Grant– 20 goals in 26 games.

Player of The Year: Timmy Grant

One thing I can say is inconsistent! we were third with 6 games to go and then went on an awful run, because the league was so tight(4 points away from second!) I ended up a pathetic 9th, we got knocked out in the suck-ass antrim trophy by a non league team and after that we went on a winless run of 4 games without a win, however now the bad season is over, I can look forward to the future, my main aim for this season is to gain promotion, on a lighter note I found some gems from bermuda and turks and caicos islands, they started playing in december, hopefully this year they will adapt and play to there full potential icon_smile.gif.

Next season Plan:

• Get new assman

• Get a new keeper

• Gain Promotion

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

League Table

Squad

Below are my transfers:

Transfers

Finances

done quite well got some some good players in as well icon14.gif

I had Hristo Panayotov and Luke Carding who were just ace for me icon14.gif

but I got Luke for Free icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i'm pretty pleased so far. Was great to get Hristo in - my midfield doesn't play the same without him.

Mosside – 2008/09 – Northern Irish 2nd division

Media Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 9th

Irish Cup: 1st round – beaten 1-0 by Dunloy

Intermediate Cup: 1st Round – lost 1-1 on penalties

Intermediate League Cup:Antrim Trophy: Semi-final – lost 1-0 to Ards

Antrim Trophy: 3rd round lost to s**t non league Rathfriland

Top-scorer: Timmy Grant– 20 goals in 26 games.

Player of The Year: Timmy Grant

One thing I can say is inconsistent! we were third with 6 games to go and then went on an awful run, because the league was so tight(4 points away from second!) I ended up a pathetic 9th, we got knocked out in the suck-ass antrim trophy by a non league team and after that we went on a winless run of 4 games without a win, however now the bad season is over, I can look forward to the future, my main aim for this season is to gain promotion, on a lighter note I found some gems from bermuda and turks and caicos islands, they started playing in december, hopefully this year they will adapt and play to there full potential .

Next season Plan:

• Get new assman

• Get a new keeper

• Gain Promotion

Lol Unlucky, im in my 2nd season in Northern Ireland managing East Belfast currently 7th in the 1st division with 4 games to play. good luck on your next season

Does anyone understand the citizenship requirements for Serbia?

Not that it really matters much since it appears I don't have any limit on foreigners in the team but it just seems a bit weird so far. I have a Bosnian who it will take 1 year to gain nationality so I thought maybe that was the amount for ex-Yugoslav countries but my Slovenian goalkeeper says 2 years. All Montenegrins should all have Serbian nationality as well I think. Any bets on how long a Croat or a Macedonian might take. I also have a Brazilian I picked up from some other Serbian club and he takes 3 years for citizenship, I don't understand :p.

Mosside. N.Ireland. 21st Division. End of 2010/11. season.

League Table. League Graph.

Squad stats.

GK stats.

Finances.

Info.

Overall best eleven.

League, (1stDivision). Finished 5th of 12, (but was only 1 point behind 2nd placed Glenavon who qualified for the playoffs).

Intermediate League Cup. Finished 2nd of 6 in the Group Stages but eventually lost to Limavady Utd in the semi final.

Antrim Trophy. Lost in 3rd roung to "grey" team, (Downpatrick).

Intermediate Cup. Lost in 4th Round to "grey" team, (Derriaghy).

Irish Cup. Lost to Ballyclare in the 1st Round.

Summary. We led the league for about half the season before our thin squad started to struggle. We were never going to score enough goals to win the league, (our GK was the top scorer for the season with 11), but we also conceded the least in the league and this allowed us to be competive to the end. In fact any one of about 7 clubs could have still finished 2nd with a couple of games to go. I'm delighted that we did so well for so long, but pretty peeved again if I'm honest that we lost to two more "grey" teams.

My player of the year. 21 year old GK who scored 11 goals for the season and was our top scorer, (bringing his tally for the club to 20). That he also kept 11 clean sheets was impressive too.

Supporters player of the year. 21 year old balances striker who scored 8 goals.

I've posted this one in the bugs forum because its very very odd.

I find myself up to fifth in the Serbian SuperLeague after 11 games and thought I would check out how high I need to get for Europe. I didn't think I would stay up that high anyway but I saw this, European Coefficients. They just don't make any sense since Serbian clubs did nothing special in the past few seasons and it jumped up from around 20th the year before. I think it must be something to do with the league being reorganised to a larger division this year but its clearly a bug.

The bugs are starting to annoy me iacovone but its a positive bug lol icon_biggrin.gif. Making it easier for me you see, maybe if it gets sillier I'll look for another country. The game is going nicely at the moment though, theres a good amount of talent in Serbia and its a pretty tight league even with Red Star and Partizan.

Well I think it'll average out to somewhere around where Romania is, this season Partizan did rubbish but Red Star are 3rd in their champions league group. Assuming I become a good team in a couple seasons in there too should end up around 10th in Europe maybe?

Bosnian league is where its at though, Sarajevo just beat AC Milan 2-1 in champions league group. I have no idea how they qualified but they do have some quality players actually.

Slavonija, End of Season Update - 2016/17 (Season 9) - Cro First Div

Well with one game to go this is how the table looked. We had Dinamo at home for the title. A win or draw and the title was ours. It was one of the most tense games I've had with Slavonija - immediately we were under pressure and the new keeper Priscan was in fine form. A tactical change at half time led to us opening the scoring, and despite a goal back for Dinamo we went on to secure the win!

League - 1st - as you can see we conceded a fair few goals for a title winning year, 10 more than last year. icon13.gif

Graph - bit rockier than last year, but we were always up there and deserved the league.

Finances - the small amount of Champions League money we did receive plus the sale of a big player (coming soon icon_frown.gif) means we're in a healthy situation. icon14.gif

Cup - - This time round we've gone and won the cup. After Rijeka knocked Hadjuk out in the semis I felt confident we'd go on and win the cup. After a 1-0 away victory, we thumped them in Pozega 4-1. icon_smile.gif

Champions League - As mentioned earlier, beat Malmo in 2nd Qualifying round but lost to CSKA Moscow in the 3rd Qual round.

Uefa Cup - Drew Lille in the 1st round and lost comfortably. A fun first foray into Europe!

Top Scorer - Sasa Horvat played superbly in his first season with us. A summer signing from Cibalia, very professional, just gets the job done.

New Keeper - Still a bit unsure about him, my coaches rave about him but he's no Topic. icon_frown.gif

Take that grin off your face!! - star man from last season was sold in January by the chairman to Hadjuk - icon_frown.gificon_eek.gificon13.gif

It seems that at the moment my good players tend to get itchy feet quite quickly. It's a shame as I'd like to build this squad and keep a lot of them here as we take on Europe. But not to be. Forgot to add that two Romanians were brought in during the summer - Ratiu and

Dragan icon14.gif

The club are increasing the ground and improving facilities all over. Although my chairman has a tendency to sell my best players, he does seem to be ambitious, which is great because we are fast catching Hadjuk and Dinamo as the big clubs in Croatia.

I've just been entered into the Croatian hall of fame! icon_cool.gif

Ambitions

• Keep hold of key men

Possibly get new keeper

Improve defensive record

Win league comfortably!

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Quacky:

Is the fact your keeper scores more than your strikers due to that formation without a striker icon_biggrin.gif. Where do the goals come from?

Yeah. that's fair enough I sippose and it's that way by design. I set up a tactic with being very defensive in mind and hitting the opposition on the break. My main threats are my wide players, although my main striker hitting 9 is pretty good considering the amount of time he spends in his own half.

GK. 11 goals.

SC. 9 goals.

ML/R. 8 goals

ML/R. 8 goals.

ML/R. 6 goals.

ML/R. 5 goals.

ML/R. 4 goals.

As you can see from the squad stats the goals are pretty well shared around the squad.

I plan on keeping it this way until I start dominating the Premiership, (if that ever happens).

Could I have a GK on my hands who might score 100 goals for the clubicon_eek.gif?

That must be to do with the league expanding Quaky. Definitely a bug - must be annoying? You continuing?

Liam =D - welcome and enjoy!

Coming towards the end of season number 9, update should follow tonight. icon14.gif

Thanks, hopefully I will. icon14.gif

Spartak Subotica 2009/10 Winter Break

We reach the winter break in the SuperLeague lying a rather meaningless 10th place as its so tight. Its such a relief to get to this point having played only 2 cup games, both to penalties 1 won, 1 lost, rather than about 20 in Hungary. We should still be in the cup as we missed a penalty in normal time leading to it finishing 1-1 and then missed a pile more...

The highlight of this period was an impressive 2-2 draw away at Red Star and the exciting prospect of young Bosnian defender Edin Kulovic. The finances are not so great, no one turns up to games it seems meaning I'm ****ing money down the drain all season icon_smile.gif.

Damn. After searching all over for a new keeper, a managed to get a nice one on a free transfer. However, I shouldn't have bothered after a cracking one came through my youth system. Bah. He's 15 however, so maybe a year in the u18's will be good for him.

However, I also got a great left winger, after I was also struggling to fill this position out.

Now, as I speak I'm about to sign a 17 year Scottish striker with similarish stats to Gary Johnson. Very creepy. He's called Paul Elliott. Media prediction is 8th.

Originally posted by gaijin:

Damn. After searching all over for a new keeper, a managed to get a nice one on a free transfer. However, I shouldn't have bothered after a cracking one came through my youth system. Bah. He's 15 however, so maybe a year in the u18's will be good for him.

However, I also got a great left winger, after I was also struggling to fill this position out.

Now, as I speak I'm about to sign a 17 year Scottish striker with similarish stats to Gary Johnson. Very creepy. He's called Paul Elliott. Media prediction is 8th.

Some screenshots of these players would be nice! Particularly the 15 y/o keeper icon14.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

New Stadium on the way! icon_biggrin.gif

Told you my chairman had big ambitions for us. Two years and counting...

(Bit disappointed about the name, boring icon13.gif)

1.4 million for a 11000 all-seater with undersoil heating? Isn't that a bit low? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very low. icon_rolleyes.gif

Possible bug? Or is there an explanation that I can't think of?

after some quick research on stadium costs in this part of Europe I found that a 15500 all-seater with undersoil heating in Kielce, Poland, cost around 10 million pounds. So yeah, I think it might be a bug. When the board built us a new stadium in Iceland, the cost of a 6000 all-seater was around 3 million pounds, which seems about right. I'm not sure how the prices are calculated and how deep FM goes into issues such as land prices etc. but 1.6 million pounds for a new stadium seems definitely off, unless the board just bought a large stretch of grass and painted some lines on it icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

after some quick research on stadium costs in this part of Europe I found that a 15500 all-seater with undersoil heating in Kielce, Poland, cost around 10 million pounds. So yeah, I think it might be a bug. When the board built us a new stadium in Iceland, the cost of a 6000 all-seater was around 3 million pounds, which seems about right. I'm not sure how the prices are calculated and how deep FM goes into issues such as land prices etc. but 1.6 million pounds for a new stadium seems definitely off, unless the board just bought a large stretch of grass and painted some lines on it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for doing the research endtime icon14.gif

I guess I'll post in the bugs forum and see what answers I get. I'll report back.

Archived