Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Overall Best 11 - Not too sure why Boris Maric has no stats. He has retired but so has Almir Rascic and his stats are still there.

iacavone. Is it because one of them is still in the game with a staff/chairman profile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. That's what I thought it could have been Jimbo but he's completely retired (so has Marko Grgic too - but his stats have stayed). I can't click on any of the three and none of them come up in the search feature. icon_confused.gif

I had the Intermediate Cup and then a 3 day break then a N.Ireland cup, then the Second Divison then the Intermediate cup again, back to the Second division before the Intermediate Cup is re-introduced for all teams, the other one, then the Irish Cup.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> League re-set dates

Austria - 23rd June.

Belarus - 10th February.

Belgium - 29th June.

Bulgaria - 29th June.

Croatia - 18th June.

Czech Republic - 28th June.

Denmark - 5th July.

Finland - 7th January.

Greece - 19th June.

Hungary - 19th June.

Iceland - 20th January.

Ireland - 5th January.

Israel -

N.Ireland - 19th June.

Norway - 18th January.

Poland - 28th June.

Serbia - 9th July.

Slovakia - 28th June.

Slovenia - 28th June.

Sweden - 25th December.

Switzerland - 18th June.

Turkey -

Ukraine - 18th June.

Wales - 18th June. </pre>

Originally posted by iacovone:

News in Croatia

Hadjuk and their underachieving manager Ivan Juric have parted ways. Juric's arrival coincided with our domination in the league and never had Hadjuk competing on any front.

I think you'll have a cheeky little grin on your face after that? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

News in Croatia

Hadjuk and their underachieving manager Ivan Juric have parted ways. Juric's arrival coincided with our domination in the league and never had Hadjuk competing on any front.

I think you'll have a cheeky little grin on your face after that? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little like this - icon_biggrin.gif

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 19/20 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ben Kenney

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

Another clean sweep. Dropped two points in the Premier League though. icon13.gif

Champions League:

After making it to the group stages last season, our euro coeff was high enough that we were seeded for the first two qualifying rounds. We got TNS from Wales in the first round, and I was happy with a first leg win of 2-1 in Wales. However, they beat us 2-1 on our own patch and the match went to penalties. Thankfully, we prevailed 3-2 in the shootout.

Next were Artmedia from the Slovakian capital, Bratislava. The first leg away from home was tight, ending in a 2-2 draw. We went on to do the business in Belfast though, beating them 5-2.

Unfortunately, I was not seeded for the third qualifying round and I ended up with Udinese. To my great surprise, we managed a 3-3 draw in Udine. I was expecting them to thump us in the return leg, but a 2-2 draw meant we went through the the group stages on away goals!

I though I had drawn a reasonably easy group, with Juventus, Schalke and Spartak Moscow, but Schalke playing amazingly and they topped the group. I picked up one win and one draw, which was an improvement over last season and meant I qualified for the UEFA Cup 1st knockout round.

Champions League Table

We got Newcastle in the UEFA Cup, which was kind of annoying as I was hoping for an easier draw. We went on to lose 11-1 on agg. icon_frown.gif

All-Ireland Cup:

Made it to the final this year, but lost 3-2 to Derry City after extra time. I'm beginning to think I'll never win this competition.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

Finances are still in great shape, and getting better, after I offloaded some players who were in the last year of their contracts. Brought in as many youngsters as I could find, hopefully there's a couple of gems in there.

Stadium is being expanded by 1k, and I'll be playing at the 12k capacity Oval until the work is complete. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

7 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 159th, 15.519

Nation Euro Coeff: 35th, 6.667

CAKOVEC - CROATIAN SECOND DIVISION - SEASON 2008/09 REVIEW

My first season in Croatia is over and it sure was an exciting one. The media predicted me to finish in 13th. I managed to have a stab at promotion at promotion before a few injuries to key players in the latter weeks of the season proved crucial and it was a finishing position of 4th for me, which isnt too bad all things considered.

I also was knocked out of the cup 6-0 at home by NK Varteks in the first round - although this tie became a record attendance and gained record revenue for the club.

League Table

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/FinalTable-1.jpg

Star Player - http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/Cerovecki.jpg

I snapped him up on a free transfer from Segesta at the start of the season and he has already progressed immensely for club and country as he has recently been promoted from the U-19 set up to the U-21 set-up. Unfortuantely he has a non-promotional release clause which has been activated...no clubs interested in him so far - but his release clause is £325,000 which is the entire value of the club!

Aims for next season

To strengthen defence after they conceded 49 league goals this season!

To push for a higher position in the league

To reach at least the 2nd round of the Croatian Cup

Slavonija Champions League Update - 2018/19

2nd Qual Round - Slavonija vs Linfield/Maribor

Kewan signs new 4 year contract icon_smile.gif

Club record goalscorer Zdravko Semialjac has moved on to Varteks for £2.5million. This is the second time Semialjac has got itchy feet here and will be the last time he has the opportunity to play for us. Shame but Lucic will be a great replacement.

Paul Wallace this season...

| Statistics | Apps | Gls | Asts | MoM | Yel | Red | Tck | Pass | Sh Tar | Fouls| Fls Ag | Av R |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Non Competitive | 10 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | - | - | - | 11 | 14 | 6.90 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| League | 1 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2.00 | 75 % | 83 % | 3 | 2 | 9.00 |

| Cup | 6 | 13 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0.17 | 82 % | 48 % | 5 | 15 | 8.50 |

| Continental | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | ---- |

| International | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | ---- |

| Overall | 7 | 15 | 1 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0.43 | 81 % | 52 % | 8 | 17 | 8.57 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | | |

just managed to sign up two promising midfielders on free transfers:

Mike Pearson A midfielder signed after his release by Oldham. their loss is my gain, hopefully.

Alan Power Another free transfer, signed after his release from Notts Forest. got high hopes for this kid.

both signings have pushed up my expenditure on wages, but hopefully the success they bring will counter balance the additional financial loss we will probably now suffer...

Jimbo, as for the 'overall' best eleven, this is it as it's the end of my first season, and when i change the filter it's exactly the same..... hope it's ok and i don't need to do another screen print...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

just managed to sign up two promising midfielders on free transfers:

Mike Pearson A midfielder signed after his release by Oldham. their loss is my gain, hopefully.

Alan Power Another free transfer, signed

after his release from Notts Forest. got high hopes for this kid.

both signings have pushed up my expenditure on wages, but hopefully the success they bring will counter balance the additional financial loss we will probably now suffer...s

Jimbo, as for the 'overall' best eleven, this is it as it's the end of my first season, and when i change the filter it's exactly the same..... hope it's ok and i don't need to do another screen print...

some great mids there

better than mine well Matty Collins is close

Knockbreda Update..!!

With three games to go, in my second season, Irish First Division, amazingly I am joint top.! Goal difference seperates the teams, which leaves me top by +7 extra goals to Larne. Of the 3 games, im yet to play 4th place, but the other 2 games should be "run of the mill" (dreaded curse icon_smile.gif ) .

Table..

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Pl | Knockbreda | | 19 | 13 | 3 | 3 | 37 | 14 | +23 | 42 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Pl | Larne | | 19 | 13 | 3 | 3 | 35 | 19 | +16 | 42 |

| 3rd | | Ballinamallard Utd | | 19 | 9 | 4 | 6 | 24 | 22 | +2 | 31 |

| 4th | | Wakehurst | | 19 | 9 | 3 | 7 | 38 | 29 | +9 | 30 |

| 5th | | H & W Welders | | 19 | 8 | 5 | 6 | 26 | 25 | +1 | 29 |

| 6th | | Armagh | | 19 | 6 | 7 | 6 | 25 | 22 | +3 | 25 |

| 7th | | Carrick | | 19 | 4 | 9 | 6 | 31 | 33 | -2 | 21 |

| 8th | | Loughgall | | 19 | 6 | 3 | 10 | 29 | 40 | -11 | 21 |

| 9th | | Chimney Corner | | 19 | 6 | 2 | 11 | 19 | 36 | -17 | 20 |

| 10th | | Glenavon | | 19 | 4 | 7 | 8 | 32 | 41 | -9 | 19 |

| 11th | | Bangor | | 19 | 5 | 3 | 11 | 39 | 44 | -5 | 18 |

| 12th | | Dundela | | 19 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 28 | 38 | -10 | 16 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

The best thing about my current position, is the now 10 GAME Winning streak im on.!!!! 30 points from 30, and i couldnt be happier.!

Ill update with my final results.!±

Game 22 - I drew, Larne won icon_frown.gif

I've now got "Ards" in the play-off.

Game 1 -

Knockbreda 3 - 0 Ards.!!!

Great result. Still have the away leg, but thats a fantastic victory.! It's late, but i'll play the last game of the season tonight, and do the update tomorrow at some point. I really hope i get this promotion, just to fill those big boots left for me a little bit more.! icon_biggrin.gif

A running commentary of the last game of the season icon_biggrin.gif

24th Minute - Ards 1 - 0 Knockbreda. (McFrederick OG)(1-3)

35th Minute - Ards 1 - 1 Knockbreda. (Ryan Gilmore) (1-4)

HT - Ards 1 (1) - 1(4) Knockbreda

55th Minute - Ards 2 - 1 Knockbreda. (Sean Dixon) (2-4)

FT..!!

Ards 2 - 1 Knockbreda.!! (2-4 agg)

Knockbreda defy all odds, and get a 3rd successive promotion..! (Only second under my management, but they had to get into the second division some how icon_wink.gif )

The big question now is if they can stay in the top flight at the first time of asking.! Im so happy. Cant wait to ge the update to you guys tomorrow.!

Peash

Walhain - Belgian 3rd Div. B - 08/09

Preseason is over and the squad is assembled. I decided to sign 23 players. They were already at the club and as I didn't have a scout I couldn't get reports on other players for the first month. Damn slow jobcentre....but that's the rules I guess.

We played three friendlies which resulted in one win, one draw and one loss. Not too bad I guess.

We even played two games in the Belgian Cup but got knocked out to a higher ranked team.

On with the season - I told the board a top half finish is my goal - unrealistic? NOT!!!

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

rlipscombe. Sorry. For some reason I thought you were further along than that.

Pearson is great icon14.gif!

And Power is even better icon_eek.gif!

You did well to get the two of them in on trials icon14.gif.

i know, i was very pleased. i felt my centre midfield was possibly my weakest position so hoefully this will help a bit. could do with another CB and a GK, but stretching the wage budget a bit now so might have to have a re-shuffle or make do for a bit.

ManU - he looks another good striker to add to your club - i'm looking for you to win the championship this season now!! on a side note, i think Ameobi might have quite random stats - i looked at him on mine and he isn't as good stats-wise. still tried to get him to come mind, but he wasn't having any of it.... icon13.gif Oh well, who needs a free-scoring striker anyway.......................

Looks like a good challenge shame I've missed it from the beginning. I'm holidaying through a season in Switzerland at the moment, as it seems not a lot of people have gone for those leagues yet, but mainly because I've taken newly promoted teams to the Super League before so I might find Switzerland slightly easier icon_biggrin.gif

Baulmes

Bienvenue à la Suisse! J'ai un AS level en français, assez utile, mais malheureusement quelques joueurs parlent l'allemend. C'est tant pis pour moi!

Anyway, I decided to take over at newly-promoted Baulmes, as they have more of a history in the Swiss Challenge League, having been relegated to the nether regions after the 06/07 season I think. Plus, the other option had barely any players and worse facilities, so I think Baulmes is a good start.

Ive reached the winter break in my second season with TKP Torun and we are currently sitting 8th in the league.

We have just been on a bit of a bad run of 5 games without a win, so the winter break has come at a good time for us. We managed to throw away a 2-0 lead at home in the last 15 minutes, and then draw the following game 0-0 at home to Radomiak, despite being in control for the whole game.

I dont think we are strong enough to attain promotion this season, although I think if I manage to bring in some better players in a few positions for next season, it is a real possibility then.

One thing concerning me the most is our terrible financial state as we are 426k in the red and losing about 30k a month. Without gaining a promotion this will continue - the one way I will perhaps be able to cut costs is to release a lot of players and risk having not enough players in the case of an injury crisis.

It should promise to be a busy January of scouring the market for free transfers, and hopefully we can put a good run together after the winter break and finish in a good position in the league.

Originally posted by mr susan:

Baulmes

Bienvenue à la Suisse! J'ai un AS level en français, assez utile, mais malheureusement quelques joueurs parlent l'allemend. C'est tant pis pour moi!

Anyway, I decided to take over at newly-promoted Baulmes, as they have more of a history in the Swiss Challenge League, having been relegated to the nether regions after the 06/07 season I think. Plus, the other option had barely any players and worse facilities, so I think Baulmes is a good start.

Bonjour Mr Susan Bonne chance a l'entraineur de FC Baulmes... La Suisse est tres pittoresque!!

good luck in switzerland. it should certainly help that you've had some experience in the past. it's good to see more and more players taking on this challenge. i look forward to following your progress.

Bonjour Mr Susan Bonne chance a l'entraineur de FC Baulmes... La Suisse est tres pittoresque!!

good luck in switzerland. it should certainly help that you've had some experience in the past. it's good to see more and more players taking on this challenge. i look forward to following your progress.

Thankyou, I've had to sign an entire backroom as Baulmes had no staff previously. Also, just noticed I spelt allemand wrong but can't edit posts icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

rlipscombe. Sorry. For some reason I thought you were further along than that.

Pearson is great icon14.gif!

And Power is even better icon_eek.gif!

You did well to get the two of them in on trials icon14.gif.

i know, i was very pleased. i felt my centre midfield was possibly my weakest position so hoefully this will help a bit. could do with another CB and a GK, but stretching the wage budget a bit now so might have to have a re-shuffle or make do for a bit.

ManU - he looks another good striker to add to your club - i'm looking for you to win the championship this season now!! on a side note, i think Ameobi might have quite random stats - i looked at him on mine and he isn't as good stats-wise. still tried to get him to come mind, but he wasn't having any of it.... icon13.gif Oh well, who needs a free-scoring striker anyway....................... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when I had had him first his stats were not as good as they were but I got him on FT and give a forward training

Is he with out a club?

I'm over my wage bill aswell

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Anyone able to do this badge for me Caerleon

If anyone could do the kits that would be great thanks icon14.gif

Sorry wrong place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm already trying to kit the logo done over at sortitoutsi.net, but to little success. i've searched long and hard on the internet for the kits, but haven't found anything. i have had some 'fantasy' kits done though, although i need a config file creating for them.....

As for Ameobi, he's still at Leeds, although he's out of contract and so far refusing to sign a new one. i "approached to sign" but he said he wasn't interested...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Anyone able to do this badge for me Caerleon

If anyone could do the kits that would be great thanks icon14.gif

Sorry wrong place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm already trying to kit the logo done over at sortitoutsi.net, but to little success. i've searched long and hard on the internet for the kits, but haven't found anything. i have had some 'fantasy' kits done though, although i need a config file creating for them.....

As for Ameobi, he's still at Leeds, although he's out of contract and so far refusing to sign a new one. i "approached to sign" but he said he wasn't interested... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ManU - i know this isn't exactly relevent to this forum, but i've got the logos done for Caerleon over at sortitoutsi.net. the link is below:

Sortitoutsi - Caerleon Logos

apologies to everyone else who doesn't give a **** about this!! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived