Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Things are looking up so far. A good pre-season, with my new scouts reccomending a couple of good free transfers and the board coming up trums by bringing in BSC Young Boys as parent club icon_biggrin.gif . Young Boys have assigned us some amazing players on loan, including Charles-Andre Doudin who is a swiss U21 with a 7 star rating who according to my scout and assistant would be the leading star of any Super League side icon_eek.gif !

I'll report back later on in the season, but I don't think relegation will be an issue however finances might slip with only 25 season ticket holders and attendances around the 120 mark.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meldert, Belgium - May 8th 2021

Despite being busy, I couldn't resist finishing the season. Perhaps I should've saved myself the aggravation. icon_smile.gif

Mid-season table

39 points was the most we'd ever had at this stage of the season, but the competition stayed close on our tail, so I was far from confident. Rightly so, as it turned out.

We started the second half of the season with 4 draws, which set the trend. We scraped a few narrow wins together here and there, but drew most of our matches. Amazingly, the competition dropped points as well, so I remained in the lead for a very long time.

4 matches to go.

Two of our three titles had come in a similar manner, with everyone losing points to everyone, and nobody managing to make the gap, so I was still hopeful at this stage. We just had to turn those draws into wins.

Unfortunately, two more draws followed.

2 matches to go

But Standard and Anderlecht dropped points as well, so I was still in it. Especially with a last match day home match against Anderlecht scheduled. I just had to win the next game, then take care of Anderlecht, and hope Standard dropped points somewhere.

Unfortunately, we got our fourth consecutive draw.

1 match to go

However, with Standard losing their match, we could still win the title if we beat Anderlecht on the last day. On the other hand, if we lost, we could still finish 4th and out of Europe.

I didn't feel we deserved the title at this point, but I'd take it any way I could get it.

Final table.

But we just couldn't get the ball into the net. We dominated from start to finish, but lost 0-1.

Fourth place is not enough for European football next season. Neither Genk nor us are still in the Belgian Cup, so Genk will get the Inter-Toto ticket.

That's a disappointment, and will hurt financially. But with a poor 5-10-2 record for the second half of the season, 4th place is a logical finish.

Euro recap: lost in Champions League Third Qual Round against CSKA Moscow, then lost in the UEFA Cup First Round against Slavia Prague.

Belgian Cup: out in the Quarter Final against an over-achieving Roeselare.

Luckily we won the Super Cup at the start of the season, so at least we achieved one of our five competition goals.

Obviously the board feel we should be performing slightly better, but it doesn't look like my job is in danger just yet. We'll need to do well next season though, because I'll need a new contract in 12 months.

The squad

A squad that should have been able to win the title, but we juuuust lost our edge in the second half of the season.

On the one hand a defense that was rather new, resulting in an early goal against on more than a handful occasions. On the other hand, two good strikers, but both were out for a month in the spring, and the backups just weren't up to scratch.

Three of the supposedly best players being unhappy and low on morale for much of the time (Sierra, Fischer and Tsjabalala) didn't help either.

On Santa's list for next season: at least one quality striker, and one quality defender. With another poor financial season ahead, I won't be spending much money on them though, so they'll preferably be free transfers again.

The poor performance in Europe made us run at a decent loss this season, but I should still be able to break even this season with the sale of a player.

Alexey Shecvhenko

Picked him up for 130k from CSKA Moscow 4 years ago, and was hoping he'd be a solid defender for us for years to come, but he wanted to move to a bigger club, so I had to cash in on him while I still could. He'll move to Newcastle for 7.25 million euro.

With the squad clearly in a bit of a transitional stage, I may give some of my youngsters a chance next season, and hope for the best.

Rob Lievens already saw some action this season, and did decent enough. He's a product of my own youth setup, amazingly from back in the days when the facilities were still basic. My coaches actually don't rate him that highly, but he already got two senior caps, which is two more than my 150-league goals scoring star striker, so I may give him a chance.

Some of the youngsters I picked up left and right over the last few seasons are also starting to look promising.

Ruben Ribeiro set my U21 squad on fire this season. It was a bit tougher to shine in the few chances he got in the first team, but he still managed to bag two goals. Unless I find a bargain in the summer, this kid will probably become my third striker.

Gonzalo Freitas. Already capped for Uruguay, this kid looks to be a future star, and he'll definitely play a bigger part in the squad next season. I may just start him in the first eleven and see how he holds up.

There are at least half a dozen others who may or may not make the step up. I have a few young English goalies who look like potential future stars, but it's a bit too soon for them still.

And for the AMC position, I won't know who to pick, as I have 4 youngsters elbowing to take up that place: Stubbs, Slot, Di Clemente and Mitchell.

Bit of a luxury problem there. And looking at a few others in my youth squad, I think I may not search too hard for new signings. Plenty of quality at my disposal already. A serious rejuvenation may just be the thing we need.

Hmmm, I'm kinda eager to start the new season now. Wish I wasn't so busy the next week.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

Originally posted by mr susan:

Things are looking up so far. A good pre-season, with my new scouts reccomending a couple of good free transfers and the board coming up trums by bringing in BSC Young Boys as parent club icon_biggrin.gif . Young Boys have assigned us some amazing players on loan, including Charles-Andre Doudin who is a swiss U21 with a 7 star rating who according to my scout and assistant would be the leading star of any Super League side icon_eek.gif !

I'll report back later on in the season, but I don't think relegation will be an issue however finances might slip with only 25 season ticket holders and attendances around the 120 mark.

Doudin is a bit of a legend on FM, especially on FM2007. if he's as good on this version, then he'll bang them in for you...

Originally posted by Gundo:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> League re-set dates

Austria - 23rd June.

Belarus - 10th February.

Belgium - 29th June.

Bulgaria - 29th June.

Croatia - 18th June.

Czech Republic - 28th June.

Denmark - 5th July.

Finland - 7th January.

Greece - 19th June.

Hungary - 19th June.

Iceland - 20th January.

Ireland - 5th January.

Israel -

N.Ireland - 19th June.

Norway - 18th January.

Poland - 28th June.

Serbia - 9th July.

Slovakia - 28th June.

Slovenia - 28th June.

Sweden - 25th December.

Switzerland - 18th June.

Turkey -

Ukraine - 18th June.

Wales - 18th June. </pre>

Russia is the 26th of December, one for the list icon_smile.gif

Kilmore Rec. N.Ireland First Division. 2010/2011.

Bang!

Poor sods didn't know what hit them, lucky for me, the standard of teams in the First Division are low.

We are going up.......Again.

We managed to retain the Intermediate Suck Arse Cup.

Some how, against all odds............We won in the Irish Cup Final! Kilmore Rec are going to Europe!!

All the other Suck Arse Trophies sucked.

So does our bank balance.

We sold our N.Ireland Under-21 LB for 4k.

Lennox.

Here is the reason we done so well, even if he did miss parts of the season through injury, although his partner Morrow did help with another 20 goals.

Bring on the Premier Division and Europe!!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Doudin is a bit of a legend on FM, especially on FM2007. if he's as good on this version, then he'll bang them in for you...

He's been a bit disappointing so far with only 1 goal in 3 games. Maybe he's one of those players that needs other good players around him in order to perform.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Anyone able to do this badge for me Caerleon

If anyone could do the kits that would be great thanks icon14.gif

Sorry wrong place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm already trying to kit the logo done over at sortitoutsi.net, but to little success. i've searched long and hard on the internet for the kits, but haven't found anything. i have had some 'fantasy' kits done though, although i need a config file creating for them.....

As for Ameobi, he's still at Leeds, although he's out of contract and so far refusing to sign a new one. i "approached to sign" but he said he wasn't interested... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rlipscombe- Wait till he is releasd then sign him. thanks for the badge I can't find the Kits myself

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Guys. Do you realise that you can't sign someone from a foreign nation unless you can scout them or unless they come on trial. You can't just approach to sign.

yeah, i am aware of that... the only 'controversial(??)' thing is that i offered alan Power a trial, and then another team offered him a contract. i didn't want to risk missing out on him so i subsequently offered him a contract............

don't hate me too much.... icon_frown.gif

Copied & pasted from the challenge guidelines...

Originally posted by Gundo:

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the “Get scout report†button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Guys. Do you realise that you can't sign someone from a foreign nation unless you can scout them or unless they come on trial. You can't just approach to sign.

yeah, i am aware of that... the only 'controversial(??)' thing is that i offered alan Power a trial, and then another team offered him a contract. i didn't want to risk missing out on him so i subsequently offered him a contract............

don't hate me too much.... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was this which alerted me.

As for Ameobi, he's still at Leeds, although he's out of contract and so far refusing to sign a new one. i "approached to sign" but he said he wasn't interested...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

don't hate me too much.... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's poor form rlipscombe... icon13.gif

How many stars in terms of a coach report would you say is good enough for a player to play at Premier Division level in N.Ireland, at the start of my fourth season as Kilmore Rec, and I have one FRED that has been called up to the N. Ireland Under-19 squad, and three more FRED's called up to the Under-21 squad.

They all have 4 stars in terms of PA.

icon_confused.gif

happy.

I've had 5 U21's this season, and I've actually turned down a bid of £275,000 plus 50% plus a friendly for a 17 year old Fred midfielder who is only valued at £1,000.

McIlmurray has 5 stars on the CurA line and 6 stars on the Pot A line of the Ass Man reports page.

5 more players have 5 stars in each category.

The 17 year old DC/DM mentioned at the top is one of three further players who have 4 stars in each category.

My Ass Man has JPP of 14, (or rather he did have. I've just checked and it's dropped to 12) icon_frown.gif.

I will also be managing in the Premiership next season icon_wink.gif.

Update to follow...................

Originally posted by iacovone:

CoachFlu - sorry to see you come 4th, but it's refreshing to see someone not create a dynasty and win the league year after year. I guess it will feel so much better when you win the champions league...

I guess that's one of the "advantages" icon_smile.gif of playing in one of the stronger leagues, like Belgium, Turkey or Russia. Being strong enough to maybe, with a little luck, qualify for the CL group stage doesn't mean you're miles ahead of the other teams in the league.

Once we're at the stage where we get to the CL knockout stages without breaking a sweat, I'd hope to be fairly dominant in the league. I think that may not be until the 2030s though.

Our quality pretty much stagnated over the last three seasons or so. We still should've won the title with the players we had, but it only took some minor slip-ups here and there to miss out.

Hopefully we can bounce back immediately and start moving forward again.

Aren't the star ratings in realtion to the reputation of your club anyway and change depending on who's looking at them?

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, for young players, take the coach and scout reports with a grain of salt. They're much less accurate than they used to be in previous versions of FM (which is a good thing), and coaches' opinions can change from one season to the next.

Update - SalPa - 2008

For a first season this panned out pretty much as i expected. After 5 games of the season gone we were yet to get a point on the board. We were also unable to score in any of the first 5. In our 6th game of the season were we able to register our first point and our first goal in a 1-1 draw. The 7th game we went one better and managed a 2-1 win. The season from then on was pretty up and down with a high position of 8th and low position of 14th(Bottom). We had a few runs of 3-4 games unbeaten and we were much better after the initial stalled start.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

note the second top goalscorer

Transfers

Only the players in the blue box were my deals

Finances

PLAYERS

Top Scorer

Raivio was awarded Player of the Month once this season when he scored an impressive 8 goals in 5 games

My Player of the Season

Jokinnen was easily the clubs best player chipping in with 3 penalty saves, 5 goals and a number of impressive saves throghout

LEAGUE

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

--------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

| 10 - PP-70 -------- 26 - 7 -- 9 -- 11 - 31 - 44 - -13 - 29 |

| 11 - SalPa -------- 26 - 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

------------------------------------------------------------------

| 12 - TP-47 -------- 26 - 7 -- 6 -- 31 - 31 - 37 - -6 -- 27 |

| 13 - TVP ---------- 26 - 6 -- 5 -- 15 - 28 - 57 - -29 - 23 |

| 14 - MP ----------- 26 - 5 -- 6 -- 15 - 30 - 47 - -17 - 21 |

</pre>

We played PP-70 in our second to last game of the season when we were 12th and they were 11th. It was touted as must win for both sides and my SalPa manged to pick up a huge 2-0 victory. In the last game we were still not safe and still needed a win to secure definate safety, however we were now outside the dropzone with us on 28, PP-70 on 26 and TP-47 on 27 points. We were playing 4th in the league Atlantis FC. After captain Marcs Svensson rallied the troops we found ourselves 2-0 down and on the wrong end of a constant battering ram. Half time came and went and as things stood we were still safe although PP-70 were winning TP-47 were 1-0 down. We were safe aslong as they didnt manage the equaliser. The final whistle went and SalPa had succeded even through defeat to retain their place in the First Division.

CUP

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

> 1:2 FC Futura A Wed, 7.5.2008 Finish Cup 4th Rnd

</pre>

A poor showing which had the board on my back about it until a 7-3 thrashing away at the hands of league winners KooTeePee finally gave them something else to moan about.

FUTURE

Well...looking to the future im going to first try and secure the permanent transfer of Risto Ilola from my parent club TPS. Then ill venture into two ambitious bids for both Lauri Della Valle and Patrick Lomski who play for JIPPO and Hameenlina respectivly. Two sides who both play in the same division. Lomski is out of contract and Della Valle is £30K bt i hope to persade the board for at least 5k transfer budget. All of which will go into a bid for him. Whilst these deals are being rejected my scout will be out scouring Finland for and potentials.

Next season im looking for a top 7 finish. Nothing too spectacular as the team in 7th this season could have easily still gone down with games to go. I also hope to improve on our cup failure this season.

Originally posted by gaijin:

Lol. I'm gonna resign Ryan Mullan - slightly slow, but still decent defensive stats for this division. What a tool he is, for leaving the club. Still only 22 as well.

He got relegated last season with Dungannon. D'oh.

IN FM07 he scored over 100 goals for me from centre-back.

Legend icon14.gif.

Young Boys have assigned us some amazing players on loan, including Charles-Andre Doudin who is a swiss U21 with a 7 star rating who according to my scout and assistant would be the leading star of any Super League side icon_eek.gif !

Well, he is rather good on my game

Doudin

What he did is 09/10 is rather impressive icon_eek.gif

Their other striker got 26 icon_biggrin.gif. What I would give for a 65 goal strike partnership icon_frown.gif.

Did Young Boys buy him from La Chaux-de-Fonds on your game then?

Meldert, Belgium - June 30th 2021

Season roll-over, so a quick update:

Best Eleven

Two new names on the subs bench:

Alin Raceanu

Romanian right winger. He was supposed to take over from my Nigerian right winger, but quickly became unhappy, despite getting a reasonable amount of play-time. His contract his up, so he'll be leaving the club tomorrow.

Santiago Sierra

Spanish DC/DM. Quality player, but slow as a turtle, so I used him as an MC. One more season under contract, but he's been nagging about a bigger club and has had very poor morale for a while now, and he's 29, so I'm hoping someone takes him off my hands this summer.

The two goalkeepers also switched places, which I'm glad to see, especially since young Patrick Jansen will be leaving the club in a few days.

He had a contract for two more seasons, but he, also, was nagging about a bigger club, and plenty of offers started coming in. I figured it would be a bit risky anyway playing a goalie who was unhappy, so he's moving to FC Socheaux (bigger club, pffft) for 5.25 mil.

Which is just about enough to cover half of the new stadium expansion, which demolished our bank balance in one strike.

This season without European football is gonna bring us close to broke again.

On a positive note, the board offered me a new contract a year ahead of schedule, which I accepted with both hands. Slightly less strict expectations this time as well, just need to challenge for the title, and reach the final of the Belgian Cup. Always a silver lining.

I'll want the title though, because Champions League football in 2022/23 may become a necessity to stay in the black.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2009/10 (Season 2) - N. Irish First Division

Media Prediction - 7th

Final League Position - 2nd (Promoted)

Intermediate League Cup - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Second Round

Antrim Trophy - Third Round

Irish Cup - Fifth Round

League Table | League Graph

Manager Info | Club Info

Finances

Squad Stats | Player Records | Team Records

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Superstar Paul Wallace - Games : 58 | Goals : 63

Intermediate League Cup Final

Season Summary

A great season this season.! The media and the board both expected a safe mid-table position come the end of the season, but i managed to get promoted via the playoffs.! Brilliant news. Paul Wallace was my hero for the second season running, going 1 better than last season and finishing with 32 goals to his name. If he does half as well in the top division, i may just have a chance of staying up.! Also managed to bag myself one of the N. Irish pointless trophies, winning the Intermediate League Cup 1-0 against a good Wakehurst team.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 58

Goals: 63

Assists: 19

MotM: 20

History

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

icon14.gif

Cant wait to get stuck into the next season.!

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

Well, he is rather good on my game

Doudin

What he did is 09/10 is rather impressive icon_eek.gif

Their other striker got 26 icon_biggrin.gif. What I would give for a 65 goal strike partnership icon_frown.gif.

Did Young Boys buy him from La Chaux-de-Fonds on your game then?

£160k in the holidayed first season by the looks of it. He was really good on 07, I got him doing a similar thing at FC Bienne. He looks like he's finally played himself into form for Baulmes as well now 4 in 7 and numerous assists.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

What the..........

Ballymena Utd have a 38 y/o former Manchester City striker Paul Dickov in their team!

Damn!

icon_mad.gif

Haha, ya, it happened in my game too with some other players. Dion Dublin, Scott Parker, Ashley Cole, Carlton Cole, Danny Murphy, Alan Stubbs, Leroy Lita, Matthew Kilgallon and a few others I'm forgetting all finished their playing careers in the IPL.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaijin:

Lol. I'm gonna resign Ryan Mullan - slightly slow, but still decent defensive stats for this division. What a tool he is, for leaving the club. Still only 22 as well.

He got relegated last season with Dungannon. D'oh.

IN FM07 he scored over 100 goals for me from centre-back.

Legend icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, with the form of Whiteside and Munn - he didn't play that regular for me during his first spell. With Whiteside now gone, I think he may be the new centre-back pairing. But I've also signed a cracking young Welsh lad, who might get a look in as well.

However I think that Munn is the new Mullan. Has scored about 20 penalties since I signed him (never missed one!) and gets on the end of some lovely set-pieces. He's my club captain as well. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Yo jimbo, I remember a few post back that you retrain your team a lot into new positions, I do that a bit, just for back up (3 subs on the bench and all that), but I want to know if the retain the position if i change it once accomplished?

Not usually unless you play them often in that position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Yo jimbo, I remember a few post back that you retrain your team a lot into new positions, I do that a bit, just for back up (3 subs on the bench and all that), but I want to know if the retain the position if i change it once accomplished?

Not usually unless you play them often in that position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers.

So basically, I have a AM R, a trained him to AM RL, and now training him to AM RLC, but by the time he gets to AM C the AM L would have decreased right? That sucks.

UGS - Challenge League - 09/10

Well, despite being only 4 points above the relegation zone at the Winter Break I was strangely unworried about the whole situation, the only concern being the actual scoring of goals.

Little happened during the break, I signed a couple of midfielders on short term deals to see whether they helped (well, they did enough to get longer deals in any case) and flogged an unhappy winger for £20k.

The second part of the season got off to a great start as we managed to go 0-2 down in each of the first 5 matches. Somehow were able to drag draws out of the first 2 but the rest were lost, 1 due totally to the inability of our strikers to get a shot going anywhere remotely close to the opposition goal.

The 6th game was away at the bottom side, Herisau. We led, got a man sent off, they equalised, I complained, I got a touchline ban. Obviously my assistant managed to do what I had been unable in the previous 10 matches (and the following 3 for that matter) and won. Despite only 1 point from the next 3 we were still 4 points above the drop so a win away in the next game and we were safe. A goal after 20 seconds (quite possibly my quickest ever in CM/FM) helped us to a 3-1 win and safety. In any case Locarno lost so it did not matter, nor did losing to that exact same team 3-0 at home in the final match.

So, this was

final table

Servette's defence were disappointing and managed to concede 5 in their last 12 matches so they totalled 8 goals against for the whole season. Pathetic if you ask me. And staying unbeaten as well, rubbish.

Quite obviously our main problem was scoring, many a game we dominated only to not score and either concede late goals or to have conceded very early ones. Defensively we were not that bad, hardly that great either though tbf.

Compared to 08/09, we were one position lower, got 6 less points, scored 6 less goals, conceded 4 more. All in all, not exactly the progress I was looking for.

Summary

Squad

Seeing as I forgot to save them last season, here are a (the) couple of players who did well

Best Defender - Stephane Sarni - apart from a horrible end to the season, was very solid

Best Midfielder - Asmir Zeneli - basically our saving grace, great again, Player of the Season again, vital goals and assists

Best Strik....nope, a top scorer of 8 and a total of 30 does not merit recognition

As there was actually already a youth academy when I arrived, the standard of players coming thru is not that bad. Here are a couple:

Alessandro Berti - scored a hat trick on his U18 debut and continued banging them to such an extent that I promoted him thinking that he could not be less proficient than my current strikers. Well, yes, he did not scored in his first 11 apps, but he was always around and got some goals towards the end. If he continues to improve, he should be a good striker for this division. He played far too much so would be looking to play him a bit less next season

Thomas Landry - played a couple of games in the first season out of necessity but I soon forgot about him, until he was awesome in the last pre-season friendly. He played the odd match he and there as MC or AMC, and although he did not contribute that much, he was always useful. Odd appearance again next season

Basically I need somebody who knows where the goal is, simple as that, a Chilean from the lower leagues is my latest proposal, if there are others floating around, then they shall be mine. Would not mind a couple more capable defenders as well.

And finally:

Best Eleven after first season

Best Eleven Overall (bit disconcerting that all my underperforming strikers (inc. the 17yo) are in)

Firstly, apologies for the lack of detailed updates, various factors have contributed; but I digress………………

Skjetten Fotball 2013 – First season in the Premiership!

Manager Overview for the season..........I'll give you one guess who shone in my team!!!!

This proved to be a far tougher challenge than I expected. We bumbled around 12th-14th the entire season. Finally managing to pull ourselves into 12th position by the end of the season. This meant we had to play off against the third placed team in the First Division. Just our luck we get …..Rosenborg, who were surprisingly relegated last season. icon_eek.gif

The first leg was at home and we managed to secure a 3-2 victory, setting up nicely for the second leg, we just needed to keep it tight and we’d stay up. Didn’t really unfold as expected as we played out a 6-6 draw icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Well we managed to stay up, just………but it didn’t do my blood pressure any good!!

2013 League Table with Skjetten finishing in 12th

Transfer wise I had to completely revamp my squad, even still we lacked in certain areas. I will be looking to address that next season, and look to push up the table. Here is a quick overview of my additions; you’ll notice that I’ve got a few Bulgarians and Chileans. I have taken to gaining advice of new players from my new signings which has proved quite valuable!

GK Vasev My new GK had to be thrown in at the deep end somewhat and found the going tough. His stats aren’t bad, but I might need a more experienced guy next season.

DC Oyarzun The first Chilean I got. He is a useful DC who is beginning to hold his place in the centre of the National Defence.

DMC Rehak A much needed bit of experience to the middle of the park.

MC Kalchev My future Bulgarian star without a doubt. A very good first season and he managed to pick up a few caps to boot.

MC Beckmann A good prospect for the future and I’m hoping he’ll forge a good partnership with Kalchev in the future. Also drafted into the Swiss squad at the end of the season.

AMR Demirov Another quality Bulgarian, well he’s in the National squad at least.

AMRLC Aranguiz A good attacking Midfielder, I think he could do well, although I may sell him on. Unsure about him!

ST Silva A disappointing season really. I had expected better from him, he’ll be a squad player next season if I don’t offload him.

ST AlzamoraA great first season, a future International and he looks like he’ll improve next season too.

ST Autti A last ditch signing to score a few goals as the transfer window closed. He cost me £14K and proved great value.

The one and only Stian Ringstad I decided to do Stian’s History, what a star this boy is. I played him more as an AML this season which is why his goal return was lower than previous years. What a legend!!!!

Well i'm off to see what i can achieve in the transfer market and i'll post screenies of my new recruits before my new season begins. icon14.gif

Good luck one and all icon_biggrin.gif

Well Done G,W ... It's good to keep in the top league.! I'm sure you'll do better next year

unfortunately i am not even in the top league yet icon_frown.gif. nor do i suspect i will for a good few seasons yet. i need either a superstar or a parent club, if i had the latter, the chance of a former are higher.

if i had gone down, that would have been the end of the game for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Not usually unless you play them often in that position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers.

So basically, I have a AM R, a trained him to AM RL, and now training him to AM RLC, but by the time he gets to AM C the AM L would have decreased right? That sucks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't always lose it, (I think), but they usually do. I think it depends on one of the hidden attributes, (adaptability I think).

cookie Great update my Norwegian compatriot. icon14.gif

Good season all in all and the relegation play-off win v Rosenborg looked a great duel. It's great to see the boy Ringstad still doing well for you. icon_cool.gif

I finding out just how difficult this top division is. I'm only a couple of games in but it's pretty tough already, hopefully young Stian can fire us away from the relegation spots.

Archived