Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

cheers for that ManU, i now have the logos and my caerleon kits installed!! makes the game even better.....

How can i do this for Knockbreda please icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I have a pack for all Swiss clubs but can't get it to work either.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mr susan:

I've got some player tips for my fellow Swiss challengers:

Ugor Nganga DC, NGA, BSC Young Boys

Highly rated on paper but appears to be Switzerland's answer to Titus Bramble. Avoid him like the plague.

Tim Velten AMR, NED, Grenchen

Good right midfielder for the Challenge League available for only 7k because he's at a small club.

Patrizio Pascucci ST, ITA, Baulmes

Keeping my loanees from Young Boys out of the team. Not the best stats but good solid performances and good goals.

My scouts found Nganga + he was on my shortlist for a long while but was never interested in coming, maybe for the best it seems icon_biggrin.gif. Velten has appeared on my radar as well, can't recall if I was tempted to sign him or not, in any case, I have no money. Pascucci never cropped up and now has retired as no-one signed him when released in 09

What's Duperret (MLC) like for you? Even in 10/11 my scouts keep on recommending him as a definite purchase. Can't see why but they insist he has great potential.

Anyway, this game sums up nicely our problem. Yes, we won 4-1 but we literally had 15 shots, all off target, before we scored, and 6 out of 25 is a very poor ratio.

And maybe I should have slightly altered my tactics when we visited St Gallen icon_biggrin.gif. That nicely destroyed what had been an acceptable defensive record. Also Mazolo is an idiot, not only did he get sent off he conceded both penalties as well icon_rolleyes.gif.

We are currently 13th after 14 games, much better up front, already 3 4-1 victories. However it is normally about now that our form totally collapses and we get about 10 points during the rest of the season. That said, we have just broken a run of 4 straight defeats.

I would recommend him too, he's ace. He has got injured a few times this season but luckily I got Melina in as cover and he's good down the left too.

I had no money either but I'm so far below my wage budget I can afford to adjust.

Good luck with UGS, they're based in Geneva so really you should be able to get at least Servette as a parent, I'm not sure what's up with your board if they can't set you up with that. 13th isn't bad either, I find with the Challenge League you just need to consolidate for a couple of seasons and then if you can get some quality in it's not that hard to get out of.

Just a little update on my progress, I've reached the winter break unbeaten since my last update and I'm now sitting in a comfortable 7th icon_biggrin.gif plus Doudin has started banging them in icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif and Nganga isn't giving away a penalty per game any more icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . Relegation avoided this season I think, now I suppose we can think about looking at the more favourable exit from this division. We're 12 points behind the playoff places but maybe with some investment from Young Boys we could find ourselves there or thereabouts...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

cheers for that ManU, i now have the logos and my caerleon kits installed!! makes the game even better.....

How can i do this for Knockbreda please icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I have a pack for all Swiss clubs but can't get it to work either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can do try to do the kits if you want just give me a pic if you want

Knockbreda Update...!!!

I'm in my 3rd season, N.Irish league, and so far.....

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division - 2nd (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division - 2nd (Promoted)

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division - Currently.....

1st place.! 1 game remaining, im 5 points clear but nd place have 2 games left.!!!!! My goals difference is 5+ better than 2nd place, this will go right down to the wire.! Ill keep you updated.

Amur Blagoveschensk - 2011

Overall Best XI

Gorodov, Gaydarzhy and Imrekov are new entries into the squad, 5 players listed here currently play for Amur.

I've briefly checked some of the stats, and they seem to be correct. Some of the players positions are a bit peculiar though. Zhukov (shown AML) and Teterin (shown DM) played almost all their games upfront, and never in the positions they've been put in.

icon_eek.gifCaerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - End of 2009-10 Season Report icon_eek.gif

Media Prediction - 4th

Final League Position - 2nd

Euro Cup - 1st Round Qual

Welsh Cup - Semi Final

FAW Premier Cup - Quater Final

Welsh Challenge Cup - Winners

Table

Team

Transfers

Trails

Finances

Team Info Check the kits icon14.gif

Seasonal best 11

Overall best 11

History

Season 1 - Welsh Premier League 2nd

Season 2 - Welsh Premier League 2nd

I have the idea to have new kits every 2 years and new sponsors when It changes

This season I'm going to have a special edtion kit to celebrate 3 years in th WPL I will post the kits pics when I have designed them icon14.gif

I reach most of my targets

this is my Main target;- icon_eek.gif win the WPL icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

Badge

Player's back in white

The best Google can give me

Cool, thanks, I don't think FC Baulmes are very well known so that's the best I could do with the kits I'm afraid. The sponsor just looks like a green blob so if you don't mind doing a sponsor then could you do "Restaurant CHINOIS" from the stadium pic please? Thanks for the help!

Oh, and I managed to find the badge and download it from elsewhere but I can't get it to work, the config looks fine but I'm no expert.

request that badge in the graphics section

the kits I can't see the sponsors do you want me to make a fantasy kits with team colors you can pic type of Sponsors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn these forums and their dodgy tags, the above is my response.

Ok you kit is going to be made by nike if thats ok as it looks like it matches the style.

can't get Restaurant CHINOIS but how about Lindt as your in switzerland and they have good gold logo

tell me what you think

what color is the 2nd kit? white? any type of style you want?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

One final thing, does anyone else notice that their Assistant Managers seem to demand ridiculously high wages or arent interested in renewing their contract. Its going to be 3 Assistants in 3 seasons for me!

yes mine want double for 1 year but I got him for 4/5 years worth it I think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My current assistant has been with me for 4 years and the one before him was there for 5 years. Continuity is the way icon14.gif

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2010/11 (Season 3) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 16th

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Irish Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - Semi-Final

Antrim Cup - 1st Round

League | League Graph

Manager Info | Club Info

Club Records | Player Records | Squad Stats

N. Ireland player of the year - Paul Wallace (3rd Place)

Finances

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

European Co-Efficients - Knockbreda, 500th

Superstar's

Paul Wallace - 28 Games, 20 Goals

Neil McFarland - 38 Games, 33 Goals

Season Summary

Well, what a season.! Never would I have imagined to win the league at the first time of asking. A new youth player, promoted from within, Neil McFarland broke all kinds of records for the club, beating Paul Wallace' record of 32 goals in a season, by a solitary goal. The cups eluded me again, with yet another 1st round exit in the Antrim Cup. Great young squad i have, who will be hitting Europe next season and getting battered all over the place, i assume icon_smile.gif

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 86

Goals: 83

Assists: 38

MotM: 25

Neil McFarland

Age 17 (22.5.1994)

Games: 38

Goals: 33

Assists: 9

MotM: 9

History

2010/11 Co-Efficent = 0.109 (500th)

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Thumbs Up

Cant wait to get stuck into the next season.!

Spartak Subotica 2010/2011 Final

This season sucked quite bad and so it has taken me a long time to play all the games, losing motivation just like the players. A few bright spots include spanking Partizan 4-1 and the beginning of the season (when all looked good), not being relegated and getting hold of mighty Magyar Magasföldi for free.

It all ended in a very disappointing 12th place which after a promising start was caused by some horrendous bad form that I really have no idea of the reasons for. Moneywise we managed to get back into positive numbers by selling our Serbian under-21 international right back (who wasn't really all that tbh). Also got some money after being dumped out of UEFA cup by Beitar Jerusalem at the first hurdle, the games played in the middle of the mega slump in the league. We acquired two fantastic Slovenian defenders for free but both of which have played below par and no one else seems to like them except me. This has been a very bad season icon_frown.gif

2008/09 4th First League - Promoted

2009/10 6th Super League - UEFA cup (with weird bug to give so many places :p)

2010/11 12th Super League - icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

AND ITS ALL OVER.!

KNOCKBREDA ARE CHAMPIONS.!!!

Portadown lose to 4th place Cliftonville.! (Now 3rd.)

You're flying NepentheZ, well done... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes well done on being CHAMPIONS icon14.gif

AND ITS ALL OVER.!

KNOCKBREDA ARE CHAMPIONS.!!!

Portadown lose to 4th place Cliftonville.! (Now 3rd.)

You're flying NepentheZ, well done... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

2nd kit is same style but white, 3rd kit same style but black. Lindt is cool, cheers for the kits.

here is a pic of the first kit tell me what you think and if you want anything changed or added

Home kit

when I've done the kits I'll put them in a config for you ok </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ace thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

2nd kit is same style but white, 3rd kit same style but black. Lindt is cool, cheers for the kits.

here is a pic of the first kit tell me what you think and if you want anything changed or added

Home kit

when I've done the kits I'll put them in a config for you ok </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ace thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you get the unique ID for me for the config file

Walhain - Belgian 3rd div. B - Winterbreak season 08/09

Well this is turning out much better than I imagined. The heroes of Walhain are now halfway through their first season under the guidance of Luc Cavalíer, an unknown slightly obese manager who somehow convinced the chairman he was the man to take Walhain to the top.

League table icon_cool.gif

Okay - It's not first place but this is far better than I have ever accomplished in my first season of LLM. Maybe it's the belgian 3rd dicision that is too easy compared to englisg LLM??

As the season started I didn't have much confidence in my players but sending a scout to see matches in the Belgian U21's and U19's proved to be pure genious. I managed to loan 4 players recommende to me, and they have all been key players so far.

Here's the squad - My heroes

C'mon Walhain!!!

Knockbreda - Season 4 update.

Champions League, 1st Qual. Phase.

Anorthosi 1 - 0 Knockbreda icon_frown.gif - Still doable?

Knockbreda 1 - 4 Anorthosi icon_frown.gif

Its all over for this season. Still, Neil McFarland sets another record, beaing the first, only, youngest and greatest player to ever score a CL Goal for Knockbreda.!

icon_eek.gifCaerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - End of 2009-10 Season Report icon_eek.gif

Media Prediction - 4th

Welsh Cup - Semi Final

Table

Team

Transfers

Trails

Finances

Seasonal best 11

Overall best 11

History

This season I'm going to have a special edtion kit to celebrate 3 years in th WPL I will post the kits pics when I have designed them icon14.gif

congrats on another great season ManU!! really setting the bar high with the mighty Caerleon. certainly shows what a difference two free-scoring strikers can do!!

hope my finances come back to the black this season like you. what sort of crowds are you pulling in? your wage budget is similar to mine so i'm wondering if that's where the difference is...

as for the kits, they're not bad. only disappointment is that you've moved away from the original colours.... icon_wink.gif not that it matters!!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Media Prediction - 4th

Welsh Cup - Semi Final

Table

Team

Transfers

Trails

Finances

Seasonal best 11

Overall best 11

History

congrats on another great season ManU!! really setting the bar high with the mighty Caerleon. certainly shows what a difference two free-scoring strikers can do!!

hope my finances come back to the black this season like you. what sort of crowds are you pulling in? your wage budget is similar to mine so i'm wondering if that's where the difference is...

as for the kits, they're not bad. only disappointment is that you've moved away from the original colours.... icon_wink.gif not that it matters!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks I thorght that the away was blue icon_rolleyes.gif

The boys from Bermuda and British Virgin Islands icon_wink.gif

Andy Alexander

Danny Whelan

Daryl Edwards

Dave Lightbourne

Jon Carter

Kirk Hill

Lee Dill

Lee Hill

Michael Thomas

Scott Newell

Simon Fenton

Stuart Charlton

Trevor Tucker

Halfway

Half way point of the season and I'm doing okay. My only two losses were against Linfield and Glentoran, so I can't complain. Might snatch a UEFA Cup spot if I'm lucky!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

One final thing, does anyone else notice that their Assistant Managers seem to demand ridiculously high wages or arent interested in renewing their contract. Its going to be 3 Assistants in 3 seasons for me!

yes mine want double for 1 year but I got him for 4/5 years worth it I think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My current assistant has been with me for 4 years and the one before him was there for 5 years. Continuity is the way icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I decided to promote one of my existing coaches to Assistant Manager and he accepted - and I am listed on his favourite personnel, so I am hopeful of keeping him as Assistant for a while.

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - 3rd Year aniversity Kit Release for WPL

Home

Away

3rd Anniversary?! Thats a strange anniversary for a kit release. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3rd time looky to win the Title plus I'm change them every 2 years so It fits in with timeframe

Originally posted by gaijin:

Andy Alexander

Danny Whelan

Daryl Edwards

Dave Lightbourne

Jon Carter

Kirk Hill

Lee Dill

Lee Hill

Michael Thomas

Scott Newell

Simon Fenton

Stuart Charlton

Trevor Tucker

Halfway

Half way point of the season and I'm doing okay. My only two losses were against Linfield and Glentoran, so I can't complain. Might snatch a UEFA Cup spot if I'm lucky!

Fenton looks good. Good luck with your 2nd half!

Originally posted by gaijin:

Andy Alexander

Danny Whelan

Daryl Edwards

Dave Lightbourne

Jon Carter

Kirk Hill

Lee Dill

Lee Hill

Michael Thomas

Scott Newell

Simon Fenton

Stuart Charlton

Trevor Tucker

Halfway

they look alright but I've had a lot better

Slavonija Uefa Cup Update

1st Round

Leg 1 - We did very well away in Germany, maybe just shaded it in terms of chances. Sadly we lost Marin Siklic for a month in the game.

Leg 2 - Fantastic result which looked unlikely after the first half. Down to 10 men and 1-0 down it was looking bleak for us. However I decided to give outcast and transfer want-away Sasa Horvat half an hour and he produced the goods with 2 stunning headers. We withstood the onslaught even with 9 men after Michal Sturma was stretchered off. A memorable win at the Gradski Stadium and group stage here we come. icon_biggrin.gif

Slavonija Uefa Cup Update

1st Round

Leg 1 - We did very well away in Germany, maybe just shaded it in terms of chances. Sadly we lost Marin Siklic for a month in the game.

Leg 2 - Fantastic result which looked unlikely after the first half. Down to 10 men and 1-0 down it was looking bleak for us. However I decided to give outcast and transfer want-away Sasa Horvat half an hour and he produced the goods with 2 stunning headers. We withstood the onslaught even with 9 men after Michal Sturma was stretchered off. A memorable win at the Gradski Stadium and group stage here we come. icon_biggrin.gif

good luck inthe group stages Iacovone - looked like one hell of a match in the 2nd leg. so many chances at both ends!! Will you be giving Horvat another chance at the club after his glorious brace??

Only five games in Randabergs first ever season in the Norwegian top flight and already we are really struggling. It's going to be a long season if it carries on like this. icon_frown.gif

We disparately need the transfer window in order to strengthen our squad, two successive 4-0 defeats is kind of telling me we just don't have good enough defenders to deal with most of the forwards in the Tippeligaen. icon_frown.gif

I'm not a negative person but it's not looking good and I going fight in order to secure of Tippeligaen status, but it aint going to be easy.

Archived