Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gundo You did one better than me then finishing 11th (show-off icon_rolleyes.gif) Good luck keeping the squad together and building for next season. Don't forget i finished 12th in my first season and then 3rd the next icon_wink.gif

Iacovone Great result against Galatasaray and a great money spinner to boot. Good luck in the group, could be tough to progress!

cookie. Next season seems a million miles away, I feel totally drained after that almighty relegation battle.

I plan to do some really good scouting missions in the closed season. I couldn't go through that again. Fighting for titles seems much easier. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

cookie. Next season seems a million miles away, I feel totally drained after that almighty relegation battle.

I plan to do some really good scouting missions in the closed season. I couldn't go through that again. Fighting for titles seems much easier. icon_biggrin.gif

but is it more fun??? that's the question.....

FC Järfälla 2008 Swedish Second Division East Svealand - End of Season Review

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/LeagueTable2.jpg

As you can see, things carried on as they were. Really chuffed about finishing just 5 points off promotion, I never expected to do so well. It's a blessing we didn't go up to be honest, we are no way near ready for life in the First Division, so another season consolidating and strengthening the squad should def do the trick.

Here's some player stats

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/PlayerStats.jpg

So we have very good passers! Really pleased with how Kuzev's season panned out. I really had my doubts but he's established himself as one of the league's better poachers. Boskallo also had a cracking season, though the fans have taken issue with his loan signing, god knows why!

Finally, here's my finances

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Finances-1.jpg

Not quite as good as last time, but still in the black which has pleased the board. Fingers crossed

So overall, loving life at Jarfalla. Think we have every chance of going up next year and even if we don't we're definitely heading in the right direction

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I've made to the second qualifying round of the euro cup icon_eek.gif after a 0-0 at home and 1-1 away to

Fredrikstad icon_eek.gif

I thorght how ace 0-0 was, then the away 10-0 was on the card but we did ace plus we got 50k.

Wonder who is next icon_biggrin.gif

Hapoel Tel Aviv thats who is next lest hope for the best icon_wink.gif

Nice one ManU icon14.gif

Slavonija Champions League Update

Now get ready for some madness...Let me set the scene. Inter Milan are the current champions of Europe. Our second group game is away to them - a game in which all journalists and pundits across the world would predict a hammering for Slavonija.

Hammered.

icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Incredible times for Slavonija. We are fast gaining a reputation for being quite incredible on our travels! 8-3 away at Tottenham 2 years ago. 5-1 away at West Ham last year. 4-2 away at Galatasaray this year. And now this! Sinisa Lucic has by far and a way become my all time favourite Slavonija player. The man is awesome. After going 1-0 up, I still expected us to get beaten and after the Panayotov sending off it all started to go to plan for Inter. At 4-1 after 52 minutes they must have thought they had it wrapped up and perhaps took their foot off the gas. I like to think my triple substitution and attacking tactical change was the real catalyst for our victory! icon_wink.gif

Elsewhere:

Zenith 1-0 West Ham

We could top the group at this rate icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I've made to the second qualifying round of the euro cup icon_eek.gif after a 0-0 at home and 1-1 away to

Fredrikstad icon_eek.gif

I thorght how ace 0-0 was, then the away 10-0 was on the card but we did ace plus we got 50k.

Hapoel Tel Aviv thats who is next lest hope for the best icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck ManU - spread the Caerleon name across Europe!!

Originally posted by iacovone:

Nice one ManU icon14.gif

Slavonija Champions League Update

Now get ready for some madness...Let me set the scene. Inter Milan are the current champions of Europe. Our second group game is away to them - a game in which all journalists and pundits across the world would predict a hammering for Slavonija.

Hammered.

icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Incredible times for Slavonija. We are fast gaining a reputation for being quite incredible on our travels! 8-3 away at Tottenham 2 years ago. 5-1 away at West Ham last year. 4-2 away at Galatasaray this year. And now this! Sinisa Lucic has by far and a way become my all time favourite Slavonija player. The man is awesome. After going 1-0 up, I still expected us to get beaten and after the Panayotov sending off it all started to go to plan for Inter. At 4-1 after 52 minutes they must have thought they had it wrapped up and perhaps took their foot off the gas. I like to think my triple substitution and attacking tactical change was the real catalyst for our victory! icon_wink.gif

Elsewhere:

Zenith 1-0 West Ham

We could top the group at this rate icon_rolleyes.gif

that is some comeback!!! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Fredrikstad icon_eek.gif

Hapoel Tel Aviv thats who is next lest hope for the best icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I lost 4-3 on agg Which I think was a good try icon_wink.gif

Spartak Subotica 2011/12 Final

After a truly awful season before I decided my main weakness was at defensive midfield so with monies from selling my right back we went out searching. As is normal for me we came back with two guys, a very polished high quality Edin Husic for all my transfer budget, £120K and a guy that looked like he had some potential for free Ivan Obrovac. Add to this a host of free transfers from my now wider scouting allowed, http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1922/sagnawa5.jpg]Salif Sagna[/url] and Martial Yao (sharp eyed people will notice I had this guy at Békéscsaba too, hes pro). With these new signings I was optimistic about the new season and thought I had a real chance to compete.

It didn't work, I have no idea why but we started as we left off playing like a bunch of useless donkeys. I went through a few different tactics until I hit upon this one after seeing that Obrovac was actually a very skillful player and better than I expected. We started to get some wins under our belt before the winter break when teams swooped on my starting right back (I'm always selling right backs) leading me to sign a replacement for £85K, the very exciting Milos Zivkovic. This let us carry on our run of good form and by the end of the season we finished 2nd behind Red Star that we beat 2-0 away so they're not that good. The graph shows the struggle we had this season and leading to a champions league spot. Breaking news, I'm losing one of my Slovenian goalkeepers, they rotated throughout the season although by the end Romeo Krizmanic had won the starting job, the price is £1M for the Belgians.

History

2008/09 4th First League - Promoted

2009/10 6th Super League - UEFA cup

2010/11 12th Super League - Fail

2011/12 2nd Super League - Champions League

Coefficients, 140th 17.288 Serbia (bugged) 4th 49.804

Originally posted by Quacky:

Spartak Subotica 2011/12 Final

After a truly awful season before I decided my main weakness was at defensive midfield so with monies from selling my right back we went out searching. As is normal for me we came back with two guys, a very polished high quality Edin Husic for all my transfer budget, £120K and a guy that looked like he had some potential for free Ivan Obrovac. Add to this a host of free transfers from my now wider scouting allowed, http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1922/sagnawa5.jpg]Salif Sagna[/url] and Martial Yao (sharp eyed people will notice I had this guy at Békéscsaba too, hes pro). With these new signings I was optimistic about the new season and thought I had a real chance to compete.

It didn't work, I have no idea why but we started as we left off playing like a bunch of useless donkeys. I went through a few different tactics until I hit upon this one after seeing that Obrovac was actually a very skillful player and better than I expected. We started to get some wins under our belt before the winter break when teams swooped on my starting right back (I'm always selling right backs) leading me to sign a replacement for £85K, the very exciting Milos Zivkovic. This let us carry on our run of good form and by the end of the season we finished 2nd behind Red Star that we beat 2-0 away so they're not that good. The graph shows the struggle we had this season and leading to a champions league spot. Breaking news, I'm losing one of my Slovenian goalkeepers, they rotated throughout the season although by the end Romeo Krizmanic had won the starting job, the price is £1M for the Belgians.

History

2008/09 4th First League - Promoted

2009/10 6th Super League - UEFA cup

2010/11 12th Super League - Fail

2011/12 2nd Super League - Champions League

Coefficients, 140th 17.288 Serbia (bugged) 4th 49.804

good season icon14.gif and some good buys there icon14.gif

ULRICEHAMNS IFK 2008-2009, END OF COMPETITION.

After the great performance of my squad last season, i decided to keep most of them and add 2 free players and another loanee from Hammarby. The board and fans wanted us to fight bravely against relegation, i opted for mid-table because of the quality loanees. The season started bad with us getting kicked out of the cup by a grey-team.

luckily, the competition was easier then expected; 4 teams were far below the rest of the division and would battle it out for relegation. myresjo looked like the best team and proved that but midway in the season they picked up some injuries and fell down the charts.

And then there was the last day of the season. Multiple teams were contending for the title and the play-off ticket. Ulricehamn was one of those teams. We were playing against a squad that was already relegated and....

final table

How the hell did we became champions. There was much quality in the team, i knew that, but the title and promotion??? Well, anyway we partyed till next morning. Too bad there is something know as "the season after".........

Originally posted by Sytse:

ULRICEHAMNS IFK 2008-2009, END OF COMPETITION.

After the great performance of my squad last season, i decided to keep most of them and add 2 free players and another loanee from Hammarby. The board and fans wanted us to fight bravely against relegation, i opted for mid-table because of the quality loanees. The season started bad with us getting kicked out of the cup by a grey-team.

luckily, the competition was easier then expected; 4 teams were far below the rest of the division and would battle it out for relegation. myresjo looked like the best team and proved that but midway in the season they picked up some injuries and fell down the charts.

And then there was the last day of the season. Multiple teams were contending for the title and the play-off ticket. Ulricehamn was one of those teams. We were playing against a squad that was already relegated and....

final table

How the hell did we became champions. There was much quality in the team, i knew that, but the title and promotion??? Well, anyway we partyed till next morning. Too bad there is something know as "the season after".........

icon_eek.gif well done thats great

Update - SalPa - 2010 Pre Season

The 2010 Season is about to start and i really think ive had a successfull pre season. Ive strenthened the squad and bought in some decent defenders

As for the players i planned on trying to sign at the end of last season...

KALLE MAKINNEN

He was my player of the season last season while he was on loan. He seemed to enjoy his time here too as SalPa became his favourite club. However when he was released from his club he felt the need to go to a lower league club rather than sign a permanent deal with us

JUSSI HENRIKSSON

Our other on loan center half was also out of contrat in the summer and was willing to talk with us. However he signed a new contract with his club and that was the end of that

LAURI DELLA VALLE

My battle to sign Lauri continued with FC Hameenlinna asking for £80k at one point. With Hameenlinna showing interest in three of my players i tryed a bit of negotiating but we hit a stalemate with the only transfer between the clubs being their £2k signing of a defender of mine that i had yet to play in two seasons.

-------------------------------------

The Fans player of the year was awarded to David Ramadingaye despite his 3 month absence through injury

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

The highlighted players are this years inductees

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Petri Eskola

Best player from this years intake

Jarkko Kekkonen

Best player from the 2009 intake, i think he is ready to step up to the senior squad. He has been attracting bids from the promotion favourites throughout the winter

Tapio Linna

I have promoted both Jarkko and Petri to join up with the first team this season. I have really high hopes for both of them. Both will start the season in the starting 11. Tapio has also been promoted but will be used mainly as a third choice striker

Jarno Turonen - Jarno was promoted to the first team in 2009, he had a steady season covering when ever injuries and suspensions allowed him

TRANSFER INFO

Toumas Markkula

Toumas was the only player i had on loan last season that i was able to capture on a permanent deal. He will more than likely spend the season as back up for my three first choice attacking midfielders however he may step into Raikonnens position if i feel he is underachieving

Fabien Vidalon

The french veteran defender was out of contract at non league finnish outfit TPV. He will be very good cover if my two youngsters fail to impress

Jonni Kettunen

Jonni was a free transfer and will more than likly start the season as one of my two starting defensive midfielders. He is also solid back up for the center halfs.

Eero Lindburg

Sent on loan from parent club TPS. Very good young defender. Will probably get a starting place.

I had hundreds of (Expected) bids for Werner Kaitila and David Ramadingaye but i rejected all offers and they both seem happy enough to stay with us

SEASON PREVIEW

Promotion Odds

Much shorter odds than last season. At 25-1 id be putting a few pound on us this year. The board would be happy with a respectable position. As normal i agreed with them as this seems an unpredictable league and i dont want to get ahead of myself. If the new signings settle in well we could be looking at a close fight at the top of the table. Im not fussed if we dont get promoted as i dont think we are quite ready however im aiming for rnaway champions the following season. We have a young side and they can only improve with age.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

gaijin. Don't sell out to the dark side. Get rid of the Islanders icon13.gif.

Notice that only one Carib makes my best XVI for the season (Kirk Hill.) And he was a stop gap measure for Tommy Niven and Gary Burke, who were injured at the time. My two top-scorers were Scottish and Northern Irish. It will probably change next season, but what the hell.

Speaking of foreign buys, there was a bunch of players from Antigua and Tonga who were good enough to grace any Championship/League 1 side. Sadly they didn't want to join me and probably wouldn't get work permits. So they are up for retirement next season.

from page 25 icon_rolleyes.gif.

NepentheZ. That is an injury list. I wonder will there be any long term affects for Wallace & McFarland?

Haha. Dunphy injured too icon_biggrin.gif. (Sorry).

The All Ireland Cup is played between 4 teams from N.Ireland and 3 from Eire. Initially it's 2 from each nation in a group format, with the top 2 progressing from both groups, then it's semi's and final. In N.Ireland the top 2 in the league and the Cup winners from the previous year are joined by the winners of the league cup, (current season as it is played early in the season). It's a money spinner icon14.gif.

Boskovic. You've got some versatile players there, but you're lacking a tad of width aren't you?

aaberdeenn. Welcome to the party in N.Ireland icon14.gif.

Remember, goal for season 1 is nothing more than avoid relegation.

Annihilator. 17 goals conceded in the grop stage and yous till progress icon_eek.gif. Are you dubbed the new Kevin Keegan icon_wink.gif.

I see the "grey" teams still bugging you too icon_rolleyes.gif.

523 goals for Kenney icon_eek.gif. What has he got to do to get a senior Interantional call-up.

He;s a member of the testing team I think icon_biggrin.gif.

Oh my God icon_eek.gif. He's gone icon_frown.gif!

Bloomin Hell. 2 full season updates on 1 page icon_eek.gif.

Ouch. That was a top group.

Well done on finally winning the All-Grey Cup.

iacovone. Good effort against Fenerbache icon14.gif.

johnny. Are CSKA spending loads of money?

Good effort for 4th. You're almostr breaking up the Mposcow dominance?

Cookie. Congratulations on 3rd.

I'm the kink of the smilies though icon_wink.gif.

gaijin. Sort out your set-piece instrucions. Mullan should be banging them in from corners and free-kicks.

Originally posted by Quacky:

Boskovic you are aware that your French defender requires a has the lightning speed and agility of a sloth icon_biggrin.gif

For his sake the opposition had best try to run straight through him.

must admit that the 9-1 smashing at the hands of TPS was his only start this season and he was the one that Mikko Paatalainen ran past 7 times on the way to scoring. Doesnt look like it but if Paatalainen was actually any good he cold have had double figures. Took him about 5 shots for each of his 7 goals. most of which were one on ones. He only played though because my first choice player is a guy TPS sent me on loan so he was ineligable

Anyway, we took that defeat out on newly promoted KOO-VEE

KOO-VEE v SalPa

Record defeat and record win in the same week. not bad

Hey Guys.!

A bit of bad news, icon_frown.gif

The computer i had my Knockbreda game on (My mac) is having some, shall we say "technical difficulties.!"

I dont know when I'll be able to get it fixed icon_frown.gif , but hopefully it should be in the next 7-10 days.

Due to this very problem, i've had to start a new N.Ireland game on my P.C, and have already got as far as choosing my club.!

I will now be the manager of Mosside, until further notice.

Just to let you know, im really, really gutted, because i was really enjoying the Knockbreda save,

(apart from my recent Striker injury crises icon_biggrin.gif ), and will get back to it as soon as my MacBook is fixed.

Anyway, heres my profile for the mossiide manager, hope i enjoy the same luck as i did previous.!

Mosside Manager Profile

UGS - Challenge League - Winter Break 10/11

It was a relatively quiet Summer. My search for a striker continued with a Chilean from a non-league team while my seach to halt goals flying in left right and centre continue with 2 Liechtensteiners (one recommended the other, thanks to whomever reminded me of that feature a few pages back) who had been released from Vaduz. Another new GK arrived, this one highly recommended from Zurich. A great ML and a right back completed the business, while 10 or so players were released.

Following a 0-1, 0-0 start I had nightmares about last seasons lack of goals but that soon disappeared with a 4-1 victory in the 3rd match. A few more defeats and a victory followed before we were royally horsed by St Gallen. We beat Wil 4-1 in the next match to successfully wipe that from my memory (if not the chairmans). Unfortunatelty there was only 1 more victory before the break which arrived following 8 winless games including 3 home draws against teams in the bottom 5, quite worrying.

The table looks like this, as you can see thankfully there are 2 really bad teams in the division.

Each season we have scored less and less points by this stage, realised we had 11 more in the first season icon_redface.gif.

St Gallen are this year's Servette, only 7 goals let in in 22 matches, we got 2 of those icon_cool.gif (kindly forget they scored 7)

Again, apart from the occasional blitz we are lacking in goals, top scorers have 7 (each including a hat-trick). Defensively we are more leaky than I would like to be. Have bought yet another GK, had him on my list since the start and unsuccessfully tried to loan him several times before he was released from Sion. See if that helps.

8 points difference and 2 dreadful teams should see us in no problems but it is hardly progress and unless it all goes very wrong it is not exactly going to be exciting either as we have no hope of catching 12th.

We got to the 3rd round of the cup via a penalty shootout against a non-league team and an impressive victory in Yverdon. Sion soon put paid to any other ideas.

Lets see what the Winter Break brings...

Tolmin end of season report 2008/9

Slovenian Division 2

Board: Try to avoid relegation

Me: Avoid Relegation

Media: 10th

Finished: 8th !

Relegation avoided, thanks almost entirely to a mad 5 match winning streak just before the winter break. 15 points from those, and we only got another 9 all season. icon_biggrin.gif

But it was just enough to stay ahead of Bonifika and Dravograd, and thereby stay up. Two home wins over the hated Krka was pleasing, and their staying up gives me a chance to give them more pain next season.

League Table

Best XI (which interestingly includes two players who I've never seen before. I presume they were there the season before?)

Slovenian Cup

Board: 2nd Round

Actual: Lost to a grey team in round 1. icon_mad.gif

No comment at all.

Gorica are my parent club, won the first division, and sent me three excellent players, all of whom are back for the next season too.

Fratina

Galesic

Mijic

Building for next season is basically all about these two strikers, for whom I have high hopes (and you'll see from their first match of the new season, they may be well founded...)

Hutinski

Petrovcic

First aim for next season: Finish above Portoroz-Piran (another Spotgic ex-club in FM07), and Odranci.

Second aim for next season: Beat Krka three times and relegate them. And Portoroz-Piran.

OK, So im mosside manager, right, and i had 3 players in my first team, and about 8 youth players. So i need to sign some players and staff. I've signed quite a few players on free transfers, and got a few unattached players on my books too, all young players. But I have a slight problem.!

Theres a "Grey" player in my youth team, with REALLY good physical stats, very fast, very agile, but he WILL NOT sign a contract so i can play him.! Why would he do this.! I thought they signed new contracts if they were offered.! i've tried everything, and offered him about 30 contracts so far, but he just wont sign. Has anyone else ever experienced this before?

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

johnny. Are CSKA spending loads of money?

Good effort for 4th. You're almost breaking up the Moscow dominance?

CSKA's expenditures on transfers:

2009 - £10.25m

2010 - Nothing

2011 - £22.5m

2012 - £11.25m

2013 - Nothing (so far)

Over this period, they've sold players for a total of £56m (including £25m for Akinfeev last year), so they've been making a profit but obviously still spending way more than I could ever imagine. Lokomotiv, Spartak and Saturn have been spending about £3million or so each season, but most other clubs are around or below £1m. Then there is ourselves, who have spent a total of £680k over the past 5 seasons, and Torpedo Moscow, who have spent even less.

As for the Moscow dominance, CSKA and Spartak are still too strong. Our records against these two read 1-0-7 and 1-2-4.

We're probably about the same standard now as Lokomotiv and slightly better than Dinamo, whilst FC and Torpedo are sides that I generally expect us to beat. Indeed FC Moscow have had a very poor start to the season and will need to improve in order to stay in the league.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Hey Guys.!

A bit of bad news, icon_frown.gif

The computer i had my Knockbreda game on (My mac) is having some, shall we say "technical difficulties.!"

I dont know when I'll be able to get it fixed icon_frown.gif , but hopefully it should be in the next 7-10 days.

Due to this very problem, i've had to start a new N.Ireland game on my P.C, and have already got as far as choosing my club.!

I will now be the manager of Mosside, until further notice.

Just to let you know, im really, really gutted, because i was really enjoying the Knockbreda save,

(apart from my recent Striker injury crises icon_biggrin.gif ), and will get back to it as soon as my MacBook is fixed.

Anyway, heres my profile for the mossiide manager, hope i enjoy the same luck as i did previous.!

Mosside Manager Profile

Great news.! I needed a file on my computer (mac) desperately, and did something we all do in our lives. Even though we KNOW somethings broken, we leave it for a few hours, then try it again, "just incase".... and guess what, the problem seems to have fixed itself and the mac turned on.!!!! (I actually think it just over heated). Anyway, I'm now very very happy, and can continue with my Knockbreda game as planned.!

Bon voyage Mosside feckers....... Bon voyage. icon_biggrin.gif

Due to an unfortunate power failure and the loss of some of my progress I'm going to have to start again.

I was only a couple of months in but I lost a month of gameplay and I'm not one to replay games, I hate it.

I've got a holiday save still so I'll still be at Downpatrick, I'll get a new profile screenshot and then I'll be away again. \o/

Thanks.

Update - SalPa - 2010

Third season and it was definatly a tale of two halves. The first half we were very inconsistent and found orselves in 10th place just 4 off the bottom. The second half we lost just once. It just happened to be against Sepsi who were bottom at the time. Anyway it was very close at the top in the end. Well other than AC Oulu who ran away with the automatic promotion spot. The one play off spot however went to the final day of the season.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Note the goals that Antti Jokinen my GK scored. Thats 10 in three seasons for him now

Transfers

Finances

My finances have just been left decimated after we paid our entire balance of £24k out to the players for our final place

PLAYERS

Top Scorer

Patrik Lomski takes this years Club Top Scorer award from his AM position. However i did have him swapping positions with my striker dring the games

My Player of the Season

Toumas Markkula was on loan at us last season and spent most of it on the bench. This year he showing his skills with some great performances

HIGHLIGHTS

Lomski gets some international recognition

First ever Manager of the Month Award

note Lomski's Player of the Month, He also collected goal of the month that month

SalPa v VIFK - Biggest Win

you would never have guessed that Kaitila had just gone 10 hours without scoring before his 27th min opener in this game

LEAGUE

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

--------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

--------------------------------------------------------------

| 1 - AC Oulo ------ 26 - 20 -- 4 --- 2 - 69 - 19 - 50 - 64 |

------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2 - RoPS --------- 26 - 15 -- 4 --- 7 - 45 - 28 - 17 - 49 |

------------------------------------------------------------------

| 3 - SalPa -------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 - 19 - 46 |

| 4 - Atlantis FC -- 26 - 13 -- 5 --- 8 - 55 - 37 - 18 - 44 |

---------------------------------------------------------------

</pre>

We took it to the final game of the season after a fantastic second half of the season. We faced in form FC Hameenlinna at their ground. They seem to becoming somewhat of a personal rival to us. We took a quick lead through 16 year old Petri Eskola's first goal for the club. We went in 2-1 down at half time however after Lauri Dalla Valle put them ahead. I roasted my team at half time and it seemed to work as we finished the game 3-2 winners. It was not enough though as RoPS played already relegated and bottom of the league Rantuula and beat them 2-0.

CUP

> 1:9 TPS A Wed, 12.5.2010 Finish Cup 4th Rnd

</pre>

A terrible defeat at the hands of our parent club TPS. They were the current holders however. It served as a reminder to how unready we are for the top flight

FUTURE

I already have a decent center half on his way to the club at the end of the season and ill look into bringing in one more as back up. Attackwise we have a pretty strong team however i dont feel Werner Kaitila is prolific enough to serve as a sole striker. He lacks a lot of pace and if i get a decent bid for him i may look to offload him and get in a quicker replacement. It is all too apparent that there is a huge gulf in standards between the Finnish Premier Division and First Division with both relegated teams getting promoted back into the top flight every year. However, we came very close to an upset this season. I dread to think how we would have coped in the top flight tho. This season there is a strong possibilty we could actually get promoted so we need to look into building a sqaud capable of survival.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

-----------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

-----------------------

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

-----------------------

</pre>

Walhain - Belgian 3rd div B.

This was gonna be an extensive end of season update - but since the bloody chairman decided that loosing in the play offs were not good enough for a promoted amateur club I'm just gonna say....

I HATE BELGIUM icon_mad.gif

Think I'm gonna start in Denmark next - will be back with my profile shot later today.

Boskovic A great season mate, well done, do you qualify for Europe finishing in 3rd?

Nice detailed update to boot. icon14.gif

Blackmama Hope Denmark is a better hunting ground for you icon_wink.gif

NepentheZ Good news on the computer front icon14.gif

SpotG A pretty steady season all in all. Looks like you'll do well if you can build on last seasons performances.

Jimbo I'll ley tou be kink of the smilies if you like, i'll stay as king! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Boskovic A great season mate, well done, do you qualify for Europe finishing in 3rd?

Blackmama Hope Denmark is a better hunting ground for you icon_wink.gif

NepentheZ Good news on the computer front icon14.gif

SpotG A pretty steady season all in all. Looks like you'll do well if you can build on last seasons performances.

Jimbo I'll let you be kink of the smilies if you like, i'll stay as king! icon_wink.gif

icon_redface.gif

Svendborg - Danish 2nd Div. West - Starting another adventure

In my 2nd attempt at this challenge I go for known land - I'm danish. However I decided to keep my recent profile alive as I didn't feel Luc Cavalier got the credit he deserved in my last game in Belgium.

Luc's new kingdom is named Svendborg and some pundits have claimed that they see CL potential in the little club based in denmark.

We'll see about that... icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Blackmama:

Svendborg - Danish 2nd Div. West - Starting another adventure

In my 2nd attempt at this challenge I go for known land - I'm danish. However I decided to keep my recent profile alive as I didn't feel Luc Cavalier got the credit he deserved in my last game in Belgium.

Luc's new kingdom is named Svendborg and some pundits have claimed that they see CL potential in the little club based in denmark.

We'll see about that... icon_cool.gif

Good Luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Still only in the second tier but things are looking great for the future if we can sort out our poor finances

Archived