Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Blackmama:

Walhain - Belgian 3rd div B.

This was gonna be an extensive end of season update - but since the bloody chairman decided that loosing in the play offs were not good enough for a promoted amateur club I'm just gonna say....

I HATE BELGIUM icon_mad.gif

Think I'm gonna start in Denmark next - will be back with my profile shot later today.

The board being unhappy about the playoffs is one of the many known bugs in the board confidence module. Happened to me as well several seasons ago. You shouldn't take it personally. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update - SalPa - 2011 Pre Season

Due to the financial problems incurred at the end of last season its been a quiet winter. Made a couple of signings tho.

-------------------------------------

ANNUAL LAURI DELLA VALLE REPORT

My battle to sign Lauri continued with FC Hameenlinna this time asking for £65k. Again due to financial worries there was not much of an effort to him this year.

The Fans player of the year was awarded to Patrik Lomski for his 20 goals in 26 games.

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

The highlighted players are this years inductees

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Antti-Pekka Moilanen

Best player from this years intake

Nobody has been promoted to the first team sqad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009) - Jarno was promoted to the first team in 2009, he had a steady season covering when ever injuries and suspensions allowed him

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri played in most games last season at the young age of 16. He became our youngest player and youngest goalscorer. He started ot as left back but was moved into a DM position half way through

Tapio Linna (2010) - Tapio was used rarely making just a couple of sub appearances

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko immediatly settled into the first team playing most of the season as first choice right back. Many Premier Div sides have been tryed to lure him away this winter.

TRANSFER INFO

Tommi Laurila

Tommi was bought in as back up but may easily find himself in the first 11 if players underachieve. He can play both center mid and center half.

Jussi Aijala

Jussi was confirmed just after last years deadline and finally arrived at the clb in november. He will be first choice left back for the start of the campaign

Juha Soukaila

Juha wil be given the nod over our other new keeper as the number 1 de to his experience.

Juha Bjorndahl

Same first name, same position. Juha Jr. will be our sub keeper this year and at just 18 is a good future prospect

Eero Lindberg

Eero returns for another season on loan. The fast center half proved very usefull last season

Again i had hundreds of (Expected) bids for Werner Kaitila and David Ramadingaye but i rejected all offers and they both seem happy enough to stay with us. Also this year Patrik Lomski, Kettunen, Kekkonen and Markkula were also hot property with plenty of bids for all 6 of them.

SEASON PREVIEW

Promotion Odds

Considered amongst the favourites by the bookies. Our board would be happy with another respectable finish. Im hoping for the play off place at least. I think promotion is needed to keep hold of my better players this year. Were in financial difficulties and ive only offered a low bonus for the league which has upset most the squad. The sale of a big star may be needed to keep our head above water.

Gundo. Don't worry too much about a "not winning streak". Concentrate on not losing and everything will fall into place in time.

johnny. Well done against CSKA. Could you end the trio's dominance this year?

ghost. You seem to be really struggling but you said there are "2 god-awful teams in the division". Are you one of them and it's 1 to go down, or is it 2 to go down and you are keeping aheadv of the 2 God-awful teams by just being a bit carp rather than God-awful icon_confused.gif?

iacovone. Congrats on a good season and well done on beating the Bubble Blowers icon14.gif.

Keep faith with Cop. I have a good feeling about the look of him icon14.gif. Anyway, with Lucic alongside him I doubt it will be an issue.

Quite a stable looking best eleven by the looks of it.

With regards to your overall update, I like the fact you talk about the other teams in your domestic league but if anything I owuld have liked to see league table from UEFA Cup.

I like your updates, (they're similar to mine) icon_wink.gif.

Well done on getting hammered icon_wink.gif.

Annihalator. I knew it was you really icon_wink.gif.

Commiserations on not qualifying for the froup stages.

rlipscombe. Decent finish icon14.gif.

Hang on. You've got an Olly Kenney and someone else had Ben Kenney icon_eek.gif.

You do know they're members of the testing team icon_biggrin.gif.

Gundo. Brilliant finish to the season icon14.gif.

More than happy to mentor Myhre icon_wink.gif.

DO you intend sticking with 442?

NepentheZ. Oh no, what a nightmare.

On the plus side, welcome to Mosside icon_biggrin.gif.

That was a quick visit. Cool icon_wink.gif.

FC Bex Update: 08/09 Winter Break

The League

Going steady so far in the league due to loads of other teams being just as poor as us League Table , however, if my form dips badly at any point i could find myself in a right mess again. After the first 5 games i was still to find a point from somewhere, that was found at home to Servette. Followed by a record of 7-3-7 up until the break, i can be nothing but very happy. My strikers have hit some sort of form, Mladen Vidovic and Achille Njanke , both from non-league clubs aswell icon_smile.gif

Swiss Cup

After a first round thumping win against non-league vs. Puplinge my hopes of progressing through the second round were dashed in extra time against Servette

Now i just have to concentrate on getting enough points to stay ahead of the pack at the bottom of the table

NK Tolmin point of interest

We were predicted to finish tenth again this season, so out of interest I took a look at the reputations of teams in Slovenia, as I know this generates the prediction mostly.

Slovenian second division sides have reputations ranging from about 2800 down to 1650.

Slovenian third tier sides go from about 1500 down to 750.

Tolmin start with 850. Which makes me a real man in this challenge iirc. icon_cool.gif

And probably makes it extremely rare for them to come up.

How does this compare to other countries in the challenge?

Another Swiss winter break update here. After my early pessimism the team have gone all out to prove me wrong, and after a fantastic start to the season (even achieving 2 draws with relegated SL team Sion) we're in a very good 3rd place and might even snatch that promotion playoff place by the end of the season if all goes well. We'll most likely lose, but it's good for finances and reputation if we can just make it ahead of Delémont who crashed out last season after winning the home leg.

Table

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

ghost. You seem to be really struggling but you said there are "2 god-awful teams in the division". Are you one of them and it's 1 to go down, or is it 2 to go down and you are keeping aheadv of the 2 God-awful teams by just being a bit carp rather than God-awful icon_confused.gif?

It's 2 straight down and thankfully I am just awful not God-awful. There are 6 awful teams (gap of 11 to 12th) and we are the best of those. As the 2nd bottom only has 8 points after 22 games, I feel relatively safe as I have double that.

Much better start after the break as my first game produced this. Our record victory and both Cortesi (2 assists as well) and Gavranovic are new signings.

Update - SalPa - 2011 - MidSeason

A fantastic season so far, nothing short of spectacular. We currently sit proudly at the top of the First Division. We only drew our opening game 1-1, however what was to follow was an unbelievable 4-0 win away to favourites KooTeePee. We never looked back with our only dropped points after that coming after being reduced to 10 men.

-----------------------------------

League Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

--------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

| 1 - SalPa -------- 13 - 11 -- 1 -- 1 - 40 - 7 -- 33 - 34 |

-----------------------------------------------------------------

| 2 - Atlantis FC -- 13 - 9 -- 2 -- 2 - 34 - 11 -- 23 - 29 |

| 3 - KooTeePee ---- 13 - 8 -- 3 -- 2 - 27 - 22 -- 5 - 27 |

| 4 - JJK ---------- 13 - 8 -- 2 -- 3 - 23 - 17 -- 6 - 26 |

</pre>

It appears Werner Kaitila has decided to prove a point to me after my comments that he wasnt prolific enough by smashing goals in left right and center so far this season. His most goals in one game record of 4 was however taken from him when Patrik Lomski hit 5 in one match.

The David Ramadingaye Story

In 2008 David was playing for HJK and turned down a loan move to SalPa in order to join up on loan with non league Gnistan. David was however released from his contract at HJK after the season. In December the same year he signed a £85 a week contract with SalPa.

He has spent 2 and half seasons at the club getting plenty of assists and scoring the odd goal. Ever since he arrived there has been plenty of specualtion over his future. Numerous bids from various clubs. Recently the bids have been coming in from bigger and bigger names culminating in a news article that David was too big for SalPa (Link). I responded by telling them that he had a contract at the club and i expected him to honour it. However when this happened i couldnt hold the young lad back. I wasnt willing to let him go for so little tho so i upped the ammount and this happened. I kinda wish id held out for more but good on the lad. Maybe he can get some champions league football. He hasnt however accepted but it looks like the 2-0 win over KPV in which he scored and got man of the match could be his last ever game for the club.

Lauri Dalla Valle Update

Lauri has signed a deal with Premier Division outfit VPS. He will move at the end of his current contract with FC Hameenlinna.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Mid-Season Update

I'm 2nd 3 points off TNS icon_razz.gif

good luck hunting them down. out of interest, how do Llanelli do in your game?? they've dominated my first two seasons... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my TNS are your Llanelli.

Llanelli normaly finsh 3rd or 4th

Helsingor sacked me. My link with Kobenhagen was stopped and any hope of staying up futile. The board expected safe mid table, I failed to deliver and was sacked.

I'm thinking of new places to go a the moment.

(PS: Sorry for the lack of update, I have been all over the shop)

FC Jarfalla - 2008/2009 -Swedish Second Division East Svealand - End of Season Review

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/LeagueTable3.jpg

Wow. Let me tell the tale . . . .

With 6 to play we sat third, 6 points behind newly promoted Syrianska, the surprise package of the division. We'd fallen from grace big time - at the mid way point we'd sat top of the league but a bad run of form including 5 games witout a win saw us hanging on to a slight chance of promotion. Anyway, a 2-1 win against Syrianska away meant we went into the final game of the season 3 points behind them. We played 4th place Akropolis at home; they had league leaders, the invincible Hammarby, also at home. I did my bit - a 4-0 spanking of Akropolis. I nervously clicked continue to take me through to the league table and ..... yes! We'd been promoted on goal difference! Hammarby has won 2-0 at Syrianska and promotion was mine! I'm still buzzing . . .

So what did it for us this year? Quite simply, this man

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Amoah.jpg

He refused to join us on loan last year, but our decent run in the league won him over and his goals were key to us going up.

One of the real surprise packages was this guy

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Pacha-1.jpg

I did point him out last time round, but he really came into his own this year. When everyone around him had seemingly forgotten how to pass the ball, he kept on putting out consistent performances and creating 11 goals for the club is great.

I think it was key we went up this year and this is why

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Finances-2.jpg

Things have steadily been getting worse, despite being under my wage budget and not spending a penny on players! I've also got the team's bonus pay outs to make which isn't gonna help at all! I'm hoping that the promotion will keep the board off my back for another season at least

As regards the future. I don't know what to think about life in the First Division. In the cup, we did beat a D1 team comfortably so the squad I have may be capable of survival. I'm concerned that my scouts are still struggling to find players of quality that will come to me and given my financial situation I don't really have any scope for buying anyone! I think I will probably try and stay up with the team I currently have, just strengthening the squad a bit where I can.

Anyway, that's put a bit of a downer on what's been a great season! I'm so chuffed to have my first promotion in the challenge, I really thought it would have taken another year. I shall report back next season with how FC Jarfalla coped with life in the Swedish First Division!

Cheers

Knockbreda Update

Its looking grim. Due to my mass injury crisis this season, i've not been performing great. The board expected Euro Qualification, (1st - 3rd place), and im currently languishing in 9th, way off the pace with 3 games left. Less than 3 months to run on my contract, and i asked for a new one, but they said they are not willing to renew my contract at the current time.!

The long term goals have been achieved, and the board confidence bar is over halfway, so i MAY get a new contract come the end of the season, but im not looking upon it with much hope. May attempt a new nation after N. Ireland, so reccomendations are welcome, just incase i do the the old heave ho. icon_frown.gif

I got lucky.!

Well, I say lucky, but i think i deserve it, for the past 3 seasons work! Champs League for knockbreda in 3 seasons is amazing, and the board obviously agree. I've been given a 2 year contract extension, with the aim to "finish just behind the top teams" within the 2 years. I guess thats 6th or better in my division. Hopefully with some signing and less injuries next season i'll win the league again. Until then, i've got an EOS update to do icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2011/12 (Season 4) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 5th

Final League Position - 9th

Champions Cup - 1st Qual. Round

All Irelans Cup - 4th of 4 in Group A

Irish Cup - 5th Round

N. Irish Intermediate Cup - 2nd Round

League Cup - Semi-Final

Antrim Cup - Semi-Final

League | League Graph

Club Records | Player Records

Sqaud Stats | Finances

Club Info

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Knockbreda Co-Efficient - Ranked 505th (Down 5 Placees)

Superstar's - N/A

Season Summary

Can't say I'm impressed, to be honest. The season started great, finding myself in the Champs League, the All Ireland Cup, and with a very strong squad I hoped to build on last season's success, and I started well. 7 Wins and 1 Draw from my first 8 league games, and going strong. Out of the Champs League and The first carppy cup at this stage, but happy to even be included in the CL. Then horror struck. Within the space of 10 days i lost 4 Forwards to very very long term injuries, (none shorter than 4 month's). This practically ruined the season for me, along with other minor 3-4 week injuries cropping up every week, and a lot of red cards this season, I found it difficult to carry on creating the chances that won me so many matches in the past. I did get my star striker of last season back, (Niel McFarland), but within 4 minutes of his return, he got injured again for 4 weeks.!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. All this injury troubles caused me to look to the transfer market, where I signed a very good striker, who could have easily saved my season, and is high and above the best forward at the squad, yet on the day of his transfer, he too got injured for 4 weeks.!!!!!!!!! You couldn't make this up.! Anyway, I struggled through the season, Going from 7 Wins in 8 league games, to just 4 more wins from the remaining 22 league games icon_frown.gif . Luckily a few good cup runs kept the season from being a complete disaster, but both ended a bit too premature in the Semi-Final stages.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 97

Goals: 90

Assists: 39

MotM: 27

Neil McFarland

Age 17 (22.5.1994)

Games: 57

Goals: 40

Assists: 13

MotM: 11

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th)

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Hopefully next season will prove better for me.!

Manager Stats

Games - 160

Won - 77

Drew - 37

Lost - 46

Update - SalPa - 2010

PROMOTED

SalPa are promoted on the last day of the season. It was a cracking year for Joutsenet with us remaining top of the table for the entire season. Post David Ramadingaye our performances were not as consistent however we did put in some impressive performances including a 3-1 win over Vikingit.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Transfers

Finances

The sale of David Ramadingaye has left us in a very secure financial state

PLAYERS

Top Scorer

Lomski gets the top scorer award 2nd year on the trot

My Player of the Season

Werner Kaitila has this season proved me wrong after i claimed last season he was not prolific enough. He also chipped in with a few assists and broke the club record for the most man of the matches

HIGHLIGHTS

Second ever man of the match award

Three huge victories against promotion rivals sets us on our way

LEAGUE

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

| 1 - SalPa -------- 26 - 20 -- 3 -- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 |

| 2 - KooTeePee ---- 26 - 18 -- 5 -- 3 - 60 - 41 -- 19 - 59 |

| 3 - Atlantis FC -- 26 - 18 -- 4 -- 4 - 71 - 28 -- 43 - 58 |

| 4 - JJK ---------- 26 - 16 -- 3 -- 7 - 46 - 36 -- 10 - 51 |

</pre>

It took till the last game to confirm promotion but it turned out to be in the bag before that as the final weekend pitted KooTeePee against Atlantis FC against each other so i could not finish outside the top two and with s facing a team down the bottom i was confident of just one outcome.

CUP

> 0:2 Norrvalla FF A Wed, 11.5.2010 Finish Cup 4th Rnd

</pre>

Another abysmal performance in the cup.

FUTURE

I plan on using some of the money from the sale of David Ramadingaye to strenghen my squad. Im in need of a decent AM to replace him. Im looking for safty first and we only need to be better than two other teams to survive. I believe that to be in our grasp after some fantastic performances this season.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2011 -- 1st ------ 1----------- 26 - 20 -- 3 --- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 | (Promoted)

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

-----------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

-----------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

-----------------------

</pre>

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I noticed you back around the forums Al. You've not been in here in ages.

Thanks for noticing icon_smile.gif

I have been playing other games (Shock! Horror!) and being in my third year at uni, I'm making an effort to pass. Sort of. icon_smile.gif

Missed you all icon_wink.gif

Looks like I have some catching up to do icon14.gif

Meldert, Belgium - May 21st 2022

Mid-season table.

End of season.

A record-breaking season! As a team, we broke four First Division records this season: most points, most goals, biggest win, and matches won in a row (11).

We started with a 1-1-1 after the winter break, so I was slightly concerned that we'd have another spectacular drop in form in the second half of the season, but we quickly bounced back and pretty much cruised to the title.

Belgian Cup:

A fairly smooth path towards the final, where we met Cercle Brugge, who had clearly established themselves as the second strongest team in Belgium this season.

We hadn't lost to them in our two encounters in the league, which was a reason for confidence. On the other hand, our record in cup finals was poor - zero in three.

A solid 2-0 lead at half time made me confident that we'd finally bring the trophy home. But they came out of the dressing room a different team, leveled 2-2, and after a tight extra time, we missed all our penalties.

So after four times runners-up (in five years), the Belgian Cup remains Meldert's greatest frustration.

Despite that, this is the closest that we've ever came to domestic domination. I'm not convinced, however, that this is the start of a new era, where we'll easily win the title every year. Quality-wise, we're not *that* much stronger than the other teams in the league, certainly not the top five or so. We just had a team that, for the first time in a long time, performed efficiently. Very few matches where we didn't get what we deserved. Two forwards at their peak, who scored regularly.

Our defense wasn't as effective as it could, or maybe should, have been - maintaining the 1 goal against per match average - but the 105 league goals obliterated the existing First Division record, which was 76 if I remember correctly. We passed the magic 100 limit in the last match of the season, a record 8-0 away win against Roeselare.

The squad

I'm a bit reluctant to call this the best Meldert squad ever, but it was certainly the most efficient. Ideally, a slightly better goalkeeper would have been nice, but that would be nitpicking.

Vandenbossche, signed last season as a "quality back-up," became unexpected first choice after I decided to sell the talented but unhappy Dutch kid. He did quite well, but did allow some goals that I feel he should have been able to save, and at 33, he's not gonna improve.

Some of the goals can be blamed on the defense as well, but in their case I do feel they have the ability to get better, bot individually as together. Two of the back four: (both new signings)

Dumitru Serban - signed on a Bosman from KVSK Lommel, he was a bit of a gamble, but he turned out quite alright. His one goal of the season was voted second best goal of the season (a 30 yard cannonball).

Ivica Madjari - signed on a Bosman from Genk. An absolute quality player, I was hoping he'd be my star at the back for three or four more seasons, but after rejecting a few bids for him, he's already unhappy, so I may have to let him go in 12 months or so.

But it was the offensive players who were the true stars of this squad.

Maarten Jansen - I wasn't in need of a left winger, but when this lad was released by PSV, I couldn't resist snapping him up, and didn't regret it.

Rodrigo - This Spanish striker's third season at the club was his most productive, and he'll be missed next season, but he wanted to leave, and will turn 29 next week, so the 2.1mil Getafe is paying for him is a good deal.

His spectacular season, however, was outdone by Meldert superstar Alex Lambrechts.

Alex's profile has been posted a few times, but after a season like this, I just can't overlook him in the season report. He broke the club's most goals, most league goals, most assists and highest AvgR records, and will undoubtedly be fan's player of the year again (for the 8th consecutive time, I think.) At 28, he has a few more seasons in him, but I'm already wondering what'll happen to the club once he's gone.

I don't plan on doing much shopping this summer, though as always I'll keep an eye out for talented freebies, and perhaps look a bit more pro-actively for a goalkeeper. But in general, I want to keep the team as much the same as possible and hope they can keep performing like they did this season.

Finances.

Still under control, though only because of the sale of a few quality players. After an early exit last season, and no European football at all this season, another Champions League group stage appearance next season would be welcome.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

2021/22: First Division - 1st

3 Season Update

I'm not posting screens as I don't feel up to it, but I do have them.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2013/2014 Season This season started with an Intertoto matchup that saw us losing to WIT Georgia Tblisi in the first round, we lost pretty heavily. Finished midtable in the league with a semi-final loss in the League Cup and a finals appearance in the Country Antrim Shield.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2014/2015 We finished second in the league, a major breakthrough that would see us on to the UEFA Cup 1st Qual round the next year. We won our first silverware with a triumph in the County Antrim Shield. Disappointment in all the other cups however.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works 2015/2016

Our first true European experience drew us against Albanian side Partizani, we drew amazingly at home 0-0 but lost 3-2 away on agg.

Finished second in the league again! Thanks to 4 or 5 straight wins, most of them being shutouts, including a win at home against Linfield to jump us over them in the last game. Qtr Final losses in all cups, all coming in penalties. I'm not expecting losses in any cup game that comes to penalties, it seems to be a major theme of my game. This was a huge season for our team as we had a total profit of just under 500k bringing our balance up to 275k. A true lifesaver.

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - Season 2010-11

Promising Players

Inspired by Iacovone and Boskovic amongst others, i have decided to add a new feature to my end of season reports - Promising Player watch!!

i have picked out half a dozen young players who i think will form a huge part of the clubs future, and will provide yearly updates on their progress with the club. So, may i introduce to you my chosen 'wonderkinds' ( icon_biggrin.gif )

Anthony Graham - GK. Anthony is probably my best prospect in terms of a young goalkeeper. as previously mentioned, GK is probably my weakest position in the team, so he could well get a run sooner or later.

Season's expectation:- May get a run in the team if either Andy Little's form isn't spectacular, or if i feel brave enough to give him a run.

Jonathan Measom - CB/DM. I have a few young defenders who have the potential to achieve big things at the club, but i have chosen Jonathan as i remember giving him some run outs as a 15-year old in pre-season of my first season in a CM position, and him scoring a few goals. Unfortunately, because of his age, he was ineligible to play for most of that season, and hasn't really featured since. I do though, as a result, have a soft spot for him.

Season's Expectations:- Has a good chance of breaking into the first-team this season. will probably feature as a CB.

Simon Lake - DM. Simon was my first 'international' player in my first season at the club. a very promising player as far as i am concerned, he is already a first team regular.

Season's Expectations:- To establish himself as a key member of the first team. Maybe score a few more goals as well.

Craig Stevens - ML/C. My most promising player. My coasches rate him as a quality player already, although hasn't featured too much to date. a Wales U-19 player at the age of 16.

Season's Expectations:- To establish himself in the first-team squad. Played on a number of occasions last season, but didn't shine, and drifted out of the scene towards the end of the season. i expect more this time round.

Michael Mitchell - MF. Michael is one of a scattering of Islanders at the club. Has yet to appear in a competitive game for the club, but a prospect for the future.

Season's Expectations:- To develop as a player in the youth team, and push for inclusion in the first-team squad. May send out on loan.

Adam Murray - ST. Along with Lance Thomas, Adam is set to be the future of the Caerleon front-line. Another Islander, Adam spent most of last season with the reserves. When injuries kicked in towards end of the season, Adam was given a chance and took it, scoring a number of important goals. One to Watch.

Season's Expectaions:- To form a partnership with Lance Thomas, and establish himself as a first-team member. Barring injuries, i expect him to score 15 goals.

So that's the list of players i'm placing my faith in for the future of the club. i'll keep you updated of their progress.

Flashman Well done on your progress in the League icon14.gif

Boskovic Congrats on a well deserved promotion. Do you feel your saquad is good enough to make the step up to the next division, or will you be looking to bring in the cavalry? icon_wink.gif

Alurny Good to see you back icon_wink.gif Hope you have greater success in your new country icon_biggrin.gif

Saab693 Great work on gaining promotion. Good luck next season icon14.gif

Nep Guess the board had more belief in you than you thought. Another couple of years at the helm then, the board saw sense in the end icon_cool.gif

Coachflu Another cracking season, well done mate icon14.gif

Fire Bracelet Great work on the finance front and your European adventure.

Rlipscombe Looks like you've got some very promising youngsters. Who is your most exciting prospect in your opinion?

Originally posted by cookie15:

Flashman Well done on your progress in the League icon14.gif

Boskovic Congrats on a well deserved promotion. Do you feel your saquad is good enough to make the step up to the next division, or will you be looking to bring in the cavalry? icon_wink.gif

Alurny Good to see you back icon_wink.gif Hope you have greater success in your new country icon_biggrin.gif

Saab693 Great work on gaining promotion. Good luck next season icon14.gif

Nep Guess the board had more belief in you than you thought. Another couple of years at the helm then, the board saw sense in the end icon_cool.gif

Coachflu Another cracking season, well done mate icon14.gif

Fire Bracelet Great work on the finance front and your European adventure.

Rlipscombe Looks like you've got some very promising youngsters. Who is your most exciting prospect in your opinion?

i'm torn really. from a personal point of view i'd say Measom, but i do think that it'll be between Murray and Stevens. Based on my coaches, it'd have to be Stevens. i think Murray will be a star mind.

to cut a long story short, i think Stevens will become our best player, and Murray will score goals for fun (hopefully!!)

Rlipscombe, i tend to agree with you. It'll be interesting to see who makes the most progress. Would you say that your coaches are up to fulfilling these guys potential?

I know from my experiences that i have one really good coach and that my GK coach is making huge progress with my keepers. But the quality that you can bring in is pretty limited! icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Do you intend sticking with 442?

For the time being yes, 4-4-2 seems to be the way to go. I have toyed with a new formation which would have Stian Ringstad up top on his own and him being supported by two attacking midfielders left & right. I think we'll see how the 442 goes for now, especially since we have a slightly better back four now aswel. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

For the time being yes, 4-4-2 seems to be the way to go. I have toyed with a new formation which would have Stian Ringstad up top on his own and him being supported by two attacking midfielders left & right. I think we'll see how the 442 goes for now, especially since we have a slightly better back four now aswel. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds exciting Gundo icon14.gif

Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

3 Season Update

I'm not posting screens as I don't feel up to it, but I do have them.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2013/2014 Season This season started with an Intertoto matchup that saw us losing to WIT Georgia Tblisi in the first round, we lost pretty heavily. Finished midtable in the league with a semi-final loss in the League Cup and a finals appearance in the Country Antrim Shield.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2014/2015 We finished second in the league, a major breakthrough that would see us on to the UEFA Cup 1st Qual round the next year. We won our first silverware with a triumph in the County Antrim Shield. Disappointment in all the other cups however.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works 2015/2016

Our first true European experience drew us against Albanian side Partizani, we drew amazingly at home 0-0 but lost 3-2 away on agg.

Finished second in the league again! Thanks to 4 or 5 straight wins, most of them being shutouts, including a win at home against Linfield to jump us over them in the last game. Qtr Final losses in all cups, all coming in penalties. I'm not expecting losses in any cup game that comes to penalties, it seems to be a major theme of my game. This was a huge season for our team as we had a total profit of just under 500k bringing our balance up to 275k. A true lifesaver.

Fire_Bracelet we need to see the minimum of a league table screenie for each end of season report please. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

For the time being yes, 4-4-2 seems to be the way to go. I have toyed with a new formation which would have Stian Ringstad up top on his own and him being supported by two attacking midfielders left & right. I think we'll see how the 442 goes for now, especially since we have a slightly better back four now aswel. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds exciting Gundo icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cookie, I'm having one or two bids of around 500k rejected for Stian Ringstad so far. I'm just wondering what offers you've been rejecting for the lad so far?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Sounds exciting Gundo icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cookie, I'm having one or two bids of around 500k rejected for Stian Ringstad so far. I'm just wondering what offers you've been rejecting for the lad so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a little shocked but i'm getting no offers for him icon_eek.gif

I ended up selling his strike partner for £1.4 million to Moss and i've got a lot of interest in Klemetzen my young left sided player. So far i've managed to turn away bids around the £1.2 mil for him, but he won't sign a new contract icon_frown.gif

A number of mine won't sign new contracts either. It looks like Aranguiz (Chilean AMC) will up and leave on a Bosman, which will be a real pain icon_mad.gif But to be honest i haven't played much over the last couple of days, hoping for a bit of go tonight.

Later i'll do screenies of my new signings, of which there's a couple of players i'm really pleased with. An English AMR from Villa icon_eek.gif and a SA ST Igeslund (looks like an awesome Re-gen) both on frees icon_biggrin.gif

Talking of transfers, my board are so tight it's unreal. We've got in excess of £1.4 mil in the bank, they want a top 3 place, so they give me £143K to do it icon_mad.gif The only saving grace is the budget adjustment option as i use this quite a lot and means i can usually sign players for more money icon_biggrin.gif

Gundo, hope you manage to keep hold of him as he is really good. He banged in 25 in 26 games in the league for me last year. He's turning 22 soon and he's already scored 190ish league goals for Skjetten. Who needs Burda when you've got Ringstad icon_wink.gif

Rlipscombe, i tend to agree with you. It'll be interesting to see who makes the most progress. Would you say that your coaches are up to fulfilling these guys potential?

I know from my experiences that i have one really good coach and that my GK coach is making huge progress with my keepers. But the quality that you can bring in is pretty limited! icon_rolleyes.gif

yes, in general in Wales the player quality is pretty poor, so it's quite hard to find 'quality'.

As for coaches, they're ok, but i can't say i've really 'tested' them so far. Have just got rid of one and brought in two (including Andy Marriott, ex-Welsh GK), meaning i have 3 coaches now. (should only have 1 mind... icon_wink.gif ) Will see how they do this season.

For last two seasons have just used default training settings, but am planning on introducing specific training regimes for each position. may back fire on me but you've gotta try!! will have to try and develop my players if i have no transfer budget and there isn't much quality about...

i've found a picture at last of the mighty Cold Bath Road, home to the mighty Caerleon AFC!! What a ground it is.... (looks like a field with a small stand to me mind... icon_rolleyes.gif) it is home though icon_biggrin.gif just thought i'd share it with you all.....

icon_biggrin.gif

I have 5 or 6 coaches and only should have 1

I try to sign players on FT Contracts to get good traning but I can only get my Coaches on PT Contracts but traing goes well

I will post my most promersing players as well at the end of the season I seen to have great Islanders but are getting intrest from English Prem Teams and some are getting unsettled icon_frown.gif

i've found a picture at last of the mighty Cold Bath Road, home to the mighty Caerleon AFC!! What a ground it is.... (looks like a field with a small stand to me mind... icon_rolleyes.gif) it is home though icon_biggrin.gif just thought i'd share it with you all.....

Thats just avout what it is. As I live less than a mile away from Caerleon, and having played on the pitch several times in Welsh Youth football, its spot on.

Also know 2 of the boys who play for them in real life and also work with the coach/manager of Caeleon.

Seems weird that you're them.

Might have a go myself soon icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Thats just avout what it is. As I live less than a mile away from Caerleon, and having played on the pitch several times in Welsh Youth football, its spot on.

Also know 2 of the boys who play for them in real life and also work with the coach/manager of Caeleon.

Might have a go myself soon icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really, you live there?? cool!! icon_biggrin.gif you couldn't do me a favour and post pictures of their kits could you?? i've searched the internet high and low, but never managed to find any... if you can't don't worry about it, just adds an extra dimension to the game. i have 'fantasy' kits only at mo.

who are the real players you know? might see if they're in the game, and even playing for me!! icon_wink.gif

I ended up selling his strike partner for £1.4 million to Moss and i've got a lot of interest in Klemetzen my young left sided player. So far i've managed to turn away bids around the £1.2 mil for him, but he won't sign a new contract icon_frown.gif

A number of mine won't sign new contracts either. It looks like Aranguiz (Chilean AMC) will up and leave on a Bosman, which will be a real pain icon_mad.gif But to be honest i haven't played much over the last couple of days, hoping for a bit of go tonight.

Later i'll do screenies of my new signings, of which there's a couple of players i'm really pleased with. An English AMR from Villa icon_eek.gif and a SA ST Igeslund (looks like an awesome Re-gen) both on frees icon_biggrin.gif

Talking of transfers, my board are so tight it's unreal. We've got in excess of £1.4 mil in the bank, they want a top 3 place, so they give me £143K to do it icon_mad.gif The only saving grace is the budget adjustment option as i use this quite a lot and means i can usually sign players for more money icon_biggrin.gif

Gundo, hope you manage to keep hold of him as he is really good. He banged in 25 in 26 games in the league for me last year. He's turning 22 soon and he's already scored 190ish league goals for Skjetten. Who needs Burda when you've got Ringstad icon_wink.gif

Hopefully I can keep hold of Ringstad for a good while longer, although it does make me real nervous when the big Norwegian clubs are circling. icon_frown.gif

My chairman has only excepted one bid over my head so far and that was for my young Swedish center half. He was valued at 30k but I upped his asking price to 250k, then Rosenborg bis 350k for him and he deemed it to good to refuse.

I haven't had much FM time the past 2 days either as I'm ill and have been off work the past 2 days aswell and haven't had FM on once! I must be really ill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Hopefully I can keep hold of Ringstad for a good while longer, although it does make me real nervous when the big Norwegian clubs are circling. icon_frown.gif

My chairman has only excepted one bid over my head so far and that was for my young Swedish center half. He was valued at 30k but I upped his asking price to 250k, then Rosenborg bis 350k for him and he deemed it to good to refuse.

I haven't had much FM time the past 2 days either as I'm ill and have been off work the past 2 days aswell and haven't had FM on once! I must be really ill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Same happen with me all the prem club after my players and there getting unsettled hope I can keep hold of them

Gundo Hope you're feeling a bit better mate icon_smile.gif

You must have been ill to not have FM on once. I'll be back on the game in about 3 hours and am looking forward to it! We've played all the friendlies and are 18 days away from the start of the season. There may be a bit of transfer news to report before the season starts, but obviously i'll keep you posted! icon_wink.gif

Bosko - Well done on Promotion buddy.! 20 wins from 26 games is impressive.! I think "man of the match" should be "manager of the month" award icon_wink.gif

Coach Flu - Great season there mate. A little disappointed you only scored 105 league goals though. icon_rolleyes.gif

rlipscombe - Craig stevens looks very very good.! Hopefully he will turn into a good player for you.!

Cookie - Yup. So happy i got the new contract.! I've made a mass of changes to my squad for the new season, getting rid of a lot of dead wood, and signed 6 unattached 16 year olds, who look very promising. (will show screenies in my next EOS update.) One or two of them are already good enough to go straight into the first team.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

really, you live there?? cool!! icon_biggrin.gif you couldn't do me a favour and post pictures of their kits could you?? i've searched the internet high and low, but never managed to find any... if you can't don't worry about it, just adds an extra dimension to the game. i have 'fantasy' kits only at mo.

who are the real players you know? might see if they're in the game, and even playing for me!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see wjat I ca do regarding the kits.

The 2 I know who play for them are Chris Pearce, whose a striker and Luke Cueto, formerly a striker, not sure where he plays now though, but is regulaly in the local paper.

Also Brendan Dowd is the assistant/manager/coach, not quite sure whjat he does though.

Caerleon aren't doing to bad this season, in the second tier, mid table last I knew.

Might start a Welsh game up and see if I can get them promoted icon_biggrin.gif

How are you doing in your game??

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Bosko - Well done on Promotion buddy.! 20 wins from 26 games is impressive.! I think "man of the match" should be "manager of the month" award

Thanks. Yeah meant Manager of the Month award, threw me off that i saved the pic as mom.jpg

Seriously think i need to strenghen my squad. I have a very young starting line up and maybe an experienced central attacking midfielder would fit in well. Ive noticed Tomi Petrescu of ex Leicester City fame knocking about in the Premier Division and complaining about a lack of first team football. Think ill see if i can lure him to SalPa. Lauri Dalla Valle would have been great bt he has already cut a deal with VPS. Another couple of players im interested in are Veile-Vikko Savolainen and Jussi-Pekka Savolainen. Veile-Vikko is now playing with KooTeePee who are in the promotion play offs and ive noticed Jussi-Pekkas name in the media having problems at his current club so well see what happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Did anyone find out the Israel restart date?

Sorry it doesn't seem to be on the table yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be once I find out icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

who are the real players you know? might see if they're in the game, and even playing for me!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see wjat I ca do regarding the kits.

The 2 I know who play for them are Chris Pearce, whose a striker and Luke Cueto, formerly a striker, not sure where he plays now though, but is regulaly in the local paper.

Also Brendan Dowd is the assistant/manager/coach, not quite sure whjat he does though.

Caerleon aren't doing to bad this season, in the second tier, mid table last I knew.

Might start a Welsh game up and see if I can get them promoted icon_biggrin.gif

How are you doing in your game?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers about the kits... doesn't matter if can't, i'm just intrigued!!

i'm doing alright... im my 2 season's in charge i've taken them to 7th and then 5th in the Premier League. there's another player playing as them, ManU@OldTrafford, who's doing even better and has took them into Europe after 2nd season...

as for the players, the names don't ring a bell but i can always look...

Right then, I've got my start-of-term exams out the way so I should be able to get some good FM time in over the next couple weeks, unless the social life takes over like it did for most of last term. icon_rolleyes.gif I know, I should show more commitment to FM icon_razz.gif

Anyway, going to get in an hour or two now, we're 6 games into the season and have had our best start to the league, but I still think our squad lacks sufficient depth to challenge CSKA and Spartak.

Meldert, Belgium - June 30th 2022

Follow-up to the end-of-season report.

Best Eleven

One new name: Diego Antonio Rodrigo, going straight into the Eleven to take up the semi-vacant (occupied by an AMR/FC right winger) second striker spot. Diego will leave the club in a few days, but it's good to have a real striker in that spot, at least.

Alexander Fischer also moved from the bench to the Eleven.

The Overall Best Eleven is filling out nicely, and we're pretty much at the point where players need at least three and a half good seasons to break in - more for some positions.

In other news: a nice award for Meldert super-star Alex Lambrechts, as he picks up the European Golden Boot. As the report says, quite an achievement for a lad who plays in Belgium.

Archived