Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alurny - You really seem to be finding this thing tough going. Have you tried Norway? It's worth coming and joining the Nordic revolution, just ask Gundo icon_wink.gif

Nep - icon_eek.gif What a great season! Your boys look pretty useful up front. European glory must just be around the corner. icon_cool.gif

Iacovone Tough opener in the group stages against Real Madrid.

Gundo Yeah, my scouts are pretty awesome. I've got 3 of them, all Norwegian and they're top notch one has 20 for both JPA and JPP. Another has a 19 and 20, the third guy has 18's for both. Also, i'm pretty much able to send them anywhere in the world now too. Currently got one in South America and one in Central Europe, Italy to be precise. He's found me a useful keper, who's joining me on a free soon!

Ciglar was recommended to me by my former DMC Rehak (sold him as he wasn't featuring anymore). Hopefully a few of my young vikings will make the national squad. icon_rolleyes.gif

In my second season i signed a young Spaniard DR Sola. He's a pretty good player and he's developing nicely (I've turned down offers from Betis and Sevilla for him); he's also just turned to homegrown as well.

My training and youth facilities are being developed and should improve in about 3 months time. I've never had a "wonderkid" re-gen through my youth system the whole time i've played FM icon_frown.gif could this be the year icon_biggrin.gif

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - Season 2010-11 - End November Report

i thought i'd do a little update, mainly as i am a bit bored at the moment, but also to update on my progress so far.

My target for the league this season was further improvement, and breaking into the top 3. after 10 games or so i am 3rd, so i'm on target so far. However, the league is much more competitive this season, and 2nd - 10th is seperated by about 4 points. Llanelli are racing away again at the top of the league, and i can't see anyone catching them.

On the finances front, it's all gone a bit pear-shaped. icon_frown.gif we've lost about £40k so far this season, and i am unable to halt the slide so far. i think i'm going to have to shift some players in the transfer window to stem the tide. it doesn't help that attendances are falling, despite our continuing good form. We need a Fan Day Mr. Chairman!! the other main reason is that our wage budget has risen to £5k p/w, due to me taking on a few more Islanders from Montserrat...

On the cup front, we're doing a bit better so far. In the Welsh Cup - (i think it's that one - there's a few!!) we beat a 'grey' team in the first round, only to be drawn away at Llanelli!! Cheers. HOWEVER, we went there and managed to scrape a 1-0 win!! icon_biggrin.gif

In the Challenge Cup, we needed to beat Haverfordwest by 2 clear goals to make it out of the group, and duely went 3-0 up. we did concede however, and this left a nervous few last minutes to hang on and progress through on goal difference. Our reward for Progressing... LLANELLI AWAY!! icon_rolleyes.gif

My other target was to sign a better GK, as Andy Little has spent 2 years as a bit of a stop-gap. I gambled and started the season with Anthony Graham, one of my 'players to watch'. he did a more than respectable job in the games he played, until i signed Bob Blackburn, my Barbadian GK, on a free transfer. His stats are the sort of stats i've been dreaming of, and he's become my first-choice GK.

As for my squad, Murray and Thomas are performing well up front, though Murray's form has dipped a bit. At the start of the season he had 8 golas in 3 games!! icon_eek.gif Others playing well include Measom, Lake & Stevens (all players to watch) Stevens has also played his first Wales U-21 match, at the tender age of 17.... icon_cool.gif

All in all, the season is going pretty much to plan at the moment. it's important i keep on winning in the league to try and make a break from the pack. i also really need to sort out my finances!!

Rlipscombe Not a bad start to the season at all. Have the board passed comment on your finances yet, or are they OK about them? A bit of a cup run should sort you out a little, maybe even a qualification for European football might be the sort of boost you need. What position do you need to finish to qualify for Europe? In Norway it is 3rd and you enter the Euro Cup (which i did last year)! icon_wink.gif

Morning folks, for the last week or so i've been managing Brestnik in Bulgaria instead of typing up long updates of my last 5 seasons i'll give you a brief review of each season so far...

2009/10

After achieving promotion to the top tier of Bulgarian football the need to strengthen the squad was our top priority. Bolivian forward Pinedo and Brazilian midfielder Beto both signed to add some much needed flair to the squad.

The new signings were joined in January by four new signings of whom Ricardo Andre and Lucian Aloman would go onto be loyal servants to the club.

On the pitch the first half of the 30 game season proved to be disastrous with only 1 win and 1 draw from the first 15 games, the second half of the season somehow saw us pick-up a further 20 points which secured our survival by goal difference with a final day win and finish 13th.

Info

The Squad

Transfers

Table

Season 2010/11

A last day survival on goal difference not something we want to experience again! Eleven new players were recruited including several who are still with me today in Marko Jovicic, Olexandr Bogach and Martin Stoev.

The aim for the season was again to survive relegation we surpassed all expectations and finished 5th and qualified for the Euro Vase. The star man was Stoev who would go onto be my main man upfront after scoring 15 goals in just 16 starts. Defensively the performances of Bogach and Boris Lukic were also encouraging for the future.

Many of the squad who got us promotion to the 'A' league though were moved onto pastures new and we were able to cast our scouting network even further to Montenegro, Ukraine and beyond. Financially the club was starting to suffer from playing in the old ramshackled Brestnik stadium.

Info

The Squad

Transfers

Table

Season 2011/12

Brestnik in Europe already, ahead of schedule but certainly welcome! There wasn't much of a rest for the squad as were drawn against Albanian outfit Dinamo Tirana who were dispatched 5-1 on aggregate. The next round saw us drawn against Portuguese side Braga the media wrote us of, the fans were pessimistic and i told the lads to go out and enjoy the game the first leg saw a 2-1 defeat go with the script. A week later we travelled to Portugal for the 2nd leg again i told the lads to go out and enjoy themselves, 90 minutes later Braga 0 Brestnik 3 the small band of 'Brestnikians' were singing all the way home!

The win meant Euro Cup football for the club, drawn against Serbian side OFK Beograd we were fairly confident of progress a 2-2 home draw gave us hope but a 1-0 defeat OFK meant the European dream was over, for now!

Expectations had now been raised and that summer saw the club splash out £180,000 on record signing Dzhyuneyt Yashar from Chernomorets Burga, there were several other comings and goings throughout the season.

Despite last seasons 5th place finish we failed to build upon this sucess eventually finishing 8th without rarely threatening either end of the table.

Youngster Stoev was again the starman hitting a further 11 goals whilst Polish striker Nwaogu hit 7 in 9 starts. Record signing Yashar rarely featured whilst defensively we remained solid.

Info

The Squad

Transfers

Final table

Tolmin end of season report 2009/10

Slovenian Division 2

Board: Try to avoid relegation

Me: Avoid Relegation

Media: 10th

Finished: 3rd !

Well. That was something of a turn-up for the books. We were never seriously going to challenge winners Interblock, or runners-up Livar, but we managed to dominate the bottom four, and do enough against the middle three to nick third on the last day of the season. And our record against the top two was solid enough to give me hope for the future (1-0-2 vs Interblock, 0-1-2 vs Livar). We were very free-scoring, thanks to my first tactical change in over four seasons of FM play. A 4-3-3 which saw Petrovcic in particular take advantage, with 33 goals in all competitions.

As expected, most of the goodness came from our two strikers signed in the close season.

Hutinski

Petrovcic - who took Slovenian 2nd Division top scorer's accolade, and was generally a legend for me.

Recap of season's aims

First aim for next season: Finish above Portoroz-Piran (another Spotgic ex-club in FM07), and Odranci. - Achieved, with ease. P-P didn't win all season, and Odranci finished 8th

Second aim for next season: Beat Krka three times and relegate them. And Portoroz-Piran. Unbelievably, this is exactly what we managed! A last day 3-0 over Krka relegated both them and P-P, and my revenge on the teams that mistreated me so in FM07 is complete!

League Table

Best XI - And my how I've managed to break this bit of code! Mijic and Fratina were both so good they had to appear twice...

Slovenian Cup

Board: 2nd Round

Actual: 3rd Round

Hammered two grey sides to reach the third round, where Drava of the First Division saw me off 3-1.

First aim for next season: Consolidate third place, and have a good crack at Bela Krajina and Livar

Second aim for next season: Keep Petrovcic, and give a First Division side a good game in the cup.

Season 2012/13

Our fourth season in the topflight of Bulgarian football was pretty much the same as our third, an eighth place finish without us really threatening to do anything. Another solid season of consolidating our place in the league as the club continued to grow.

The main transfer activity at the club saw several keymen depart Brestnik, the likes of Nieveld and Aloman both left for pastures new as i looked to reduce the clubs spiralling debts and freshen up the squad. Arrivals at the club could best be termed as 'mediocre', no headline stealers whilst others failed to live-up to their potential.

Back on the pitch Stoev again was our stand-out player scoring 13 goals, Hungarian winger Lajtos and Brazilian Esquerdinha showed brief glimpses of quality but not enough to mount another run in europe.

Financially the club are approaching £1m in the red.

Info

Squad

Transfers

Final table

Season 2013/14

The summer was quiet at Brestnik, only 3 new signings none of which had the fans drooling in antcipation. Two new goalkeepers were brought in following the departure Velimirovic whose contract expired and refused to renew.

Once again another solid if unspectacular season was on the cards, come the opening of the winter transfer window i was again 8th so i decided to splash the cash, despite the club being over £1m in debt five new players were brought in for around 350k between them. The injection of this new proven quality sparked a second half of the season which saw us rise us and eventually finish in a new record high position of 4th. No qualification for Europe but hopefully the start of the next phase in Brestniks recent history.

Info

The Squad

Transfers

Final Table

Well thats how i've got on so far, since i've updated you all we've just moved into our brand spanking new 8198 capacity, under soiled heated stadium aptly named 'The Brestnik Stadium'.

Secondly we are are currently £1.7 million pounds in debt.

Thirdly most expectantly we are in the process of being takenover by one of the existing directors Valeri Andreev.

Progress so far...

08/09 2nd in Eastern Group

09/10 13th in 'A' Group

10/11 5th in 'A' Group

11/12 8th in 'A' Group

12/13 8th in 'A' Group

13/14 4th in 'A' Group

European coefficients

Club: 321st - 5.090

Nation: 22nd - 15.433

Slavonija Champions League Update - 20/21

IFK Gothenberg (h) - icon14.gif First points on the board after a convincing win at the Slavonija Stadium. Outgoing striker Alen Cop scored his first European hattrick for me so all is well in Croatia tonight. I think this result has convinced me we can take 3rd place.

Elsewhere: Juventus 6-2 R.Madrid icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Rlipscombe Not a bad start to the season at all. Have the board passed comment on your finances yet, or are they OK about them? A bit of a cup run should sort you out a little, maybe even a qualification for European football might be the sort of boost you need. What position do you need to finish to qualify for Europe? In Norway it is 3rd and you enter the Euro Cup (which i did last year)! icon_wink.gif

the top 3 go into Europe... top into the European Cup, then 2nd into UEFA Cup and 3rd into the EURO Vase... 3rd has to be my target this season i think. Llanelli are running away with the league again, so everyone else is fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

on the finances front, the board are mentioning it a bit, but i'm not overly concerned at the moment. they are 'satisfied' with my overall performance, which is partly affected by the finances i think. previously, when i was just in the red, they were pleased i was looking after the long-term interests of the club.

with signing the Islanders, it's pushed my wage budget above what i'd like - i want to shed about £1k p/w from it in the transfer window ideally. this coupled with a cup run will hopefully improve the finances situation a little.

the finances thing is possibly my biggest challenge in this game. when we're drawing in crowds of 300 or so, we're not earning much through gate receipts. therefore we can't afford to spend too much on wages, and we never really have a transfer budget (through a budget adjustment in season 1, we did have £30k to spend, but it was very much a one-season thing.)

Income from cup runs and prize money from the league isn't great either - we received £1,300 for finishing 5th last season i think. icon_frown.gif breaking into Europe and earning money there is going to be vital i think for securing the long term future of the club. that and raising money from transfers. (the highest bid i've had so far is for Lance Thomas, for £20k...)

Juventus (a) - After an hour all I thought was - disaster. We were 3-0 down, had a man sent off, scored an own goal and had star midfielder Josip Pavlovic stretchered off with a broken toe. However we rallied well and that man Lucic again put Europe to the sword. The man advantage told in the end but I was proud of our resilience. I reckon we could sneak something at home against

Juve.

Elsewhere: IFK Gothenburg 1-2 R.Madrid

Originally posted by mr susan:

bnek - nice work, how is Georgi Hristov in your game? He's one that I've always looked to buy in the past and seems like a solid performer.

Depends on which one you mean, there's one started at Botev Plovdiv?

Originally posted by iacovone:

bnek some good updates there, hopefully you can press on for European qualification next season. Out of interest how much did your stadium cost? Similar thing happened to me but it only cost around £1.5million!

Looking at the financial summary screen i can't exactly see where we payed for the new ground. Even the 'ground maintanence' bit doesn't seem anything high?!

Originally posted by bnek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

bnek some good updates there, hopefully you can press on for European qualification next season. Out of interest how much did your stadium cost? Similar thing happened to me but it only cost around £1.5million!

Looking at the financial summary screen i can't exactly see where we payed for the new ground. Even the 'ground maintanence' bit doesn't seem anything high?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking again we have a new loan of 900k payable at 9k p/month until 2026 so that must be it!

Juventus (h) - So close. We gave them a good game but ultimately will always struggle against the truly big sides in Europe. It looks like 3rd is the best we can hope for now, and my new aim is getting as far as possible in the Uefa Cup.

Elsewhere: R. Madrid 2-0 IFK Gothenburg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Looking at the financial summary screen i can't exactly see where we payed for the new ground. Even the 'ground maintanence' bit doesn't seem anything high?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking again we have a new loan of 900k payable at 9k p/month until 2026 so that must be it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Similar to mine, seems Eastern Europe build very cheap stadiums icon_biggrin.gif

Juventus (h) - So close. We gave them a good game but ultimately will always struggle against the truly big sides in Europe. It looks like 3rd is the best we can hope for now, and my new aim is getting as far as possible in the Uefa Cup.

Was the game as close as the score suggests?

A Uefa Cup run would be good if you finish 3rd! Best of luck icon14.gif

What's the furthest anyone has got in the Champions League? I don't recall reading that anyone has won it or anything ( icon_redface.gif in case someone has done so!), it would be interesting to know!

Gundo Any chance of an updated table mate, just to see how everyone is doing. I appreciate it may take a little time. Sorry to be ask icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

Looking again we have a new loan of 900k payable at 9k p/month until 2026 so that must be it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Similar to mine, seems Eastern Europe build very cheap stadiums icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coincidentally Brestnik are actually building a brand-new ground in real-life.

I can'y find any pics but below is the official website...

Official site

Fortunately our greatful sponsors have given me free accomodation for the last 6 years...

My hotel!

icon_biggrin.gif

What's the furthest anyone has got in the Champions League? I don't recall reading that anyone has won it or anything ( icon_redface.gif in case someone has done so!), it would be interesting to know!

Gundo Any chance of an updated table mate, just to see how everyone is doing. I appreciate it may take a little time. Sorry to be ask icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure iacovone's semi-final appearance in his previous season is the furthest anyone has got so far...

icon14.gif Similar to mine, seems Eastern Europe build very cheap stadiums icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coincidentally Brestnik are actually building a brand-new ground in real-life.

I can'y find any pics but below is the official website...

Official site

Fortunately our greatful sponsors have given me free accomodation for the last 6 years...

My hotel!

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if this is their 'stadium' at the moment, I can't say I'm surprised they're building a new ground!

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Gundo Any chance of an updated table mate, just to see how everyone is doing. I appreciate it may take a little time. Sorry to be ask icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure iacovone's semi-final appearance in his previous season is the furthest anyone has got so far... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cookie - I think my last season was the furthest anyone's gone as johnny says...Semi Finals in 2019/20. And yeah I would say the Juve game was as close as the score suggests, the only problem was they were always ahead. Not had much luck in this years Champions League but perhaps not deserved it after last years extraordinary run.

Gundo Any chance of an updated table mate, just to see how everyone is doing. I appreciate it may take a little time. Sorry to be ask icon_razz.gif

I've started updating it this morning, I'll work through the last few pages tomorrow and get the table posted then. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

bnek - nice work, how is Georgi Hristov in your game? He's one that I've always looked to buy in the past and seems like a solid performer.

Depends on which one you mean, there's one started at Botev Plovdiv? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one, what's he like now?

Grr..Just wrote a nice long update - then my internet crashed icon_mad.gif

So, I'll just give you the basics.

Afan Lido - Welsh Premier League - Season 08/09

League Table

Brian Oakes - Welsh Player of the Year, Welsh Young Player of the Year, Welsh Premier League Player of the Year and Fans Player of the year, and to top all that off, he scored 31 goals, made 22 goals, and got 11 MoM awards with an avg. Rating of 7.58.

Squad

Uefa Cup First Qualifying Round Draw

Also came second in the Welsh Cup, losing 1-0 to TNS in the final.

Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

League Table

Brian Oakes - Welsh Player of the Year, Welsh Young Player of the Year, Welsh Premier League Player of the Year and Fans Player of the year, and to top all that off, he scored 31 goals, made 22 goals, and got 11 MoM awards with an avg. Rating of 7.58.

Squad

good first season Benjaminoo... i must be the only person playing in Wales that isn't in europe already!! icon_frown.gif

Brian Oakes looks a quality player. you'll do well to hang on to him. what formation are you playing out of interest??

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

League Table

Squad

good first season Benjaminoo... i must be the only person playing in Wales that isn't in europe already!! icon_frown.gif

Brian Oakes looks a quality player. you'll do well to hang on to him. what formation are you playing out of interest?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he's been quality for me! I'm just playing 4-4-2 with farrows on the wingers down to the byline with a few tweaks in the emphasis etc.

FC Bex: End Of Season Update 08/09

Table

Club Info

Transfers

Squad

As you can see the season ended quite well and in a better position than i thought i would have ended in considering i lost my first 5 games. The games since the winter break were very mediocre with a lot of draws, but ultimatly the points helped ouot loads. My finances were the only thing that the board were annoyed about and we were steadily declining throughout until about -£110k when we received a £200k award for the final position. Now i just need to lower the wages that i'm paying out and the second season will be for attempting to improve finances in order to expand the stadium from its 750 capacity and be able to get some revenue from that.

The players i signed did me well especially the 2 main strikers and a winter break signing of Abdul Carrupt.

I don't intend to sign many more players, but i do intend do get rid of a lot so hopefully all the players that i have will do me justice in the second season.

Benj - great first season there

Real Madrid (h) - 3-0 was perhaps a bit harsh on us as we definitely had the better of the first half. Altidore bagged a hattrick of one on ones and that's what cost us. The central defence area looked v. weak this game.

Elsewhere: Juventus 2-0 IFK Gothenburg

So this means if we avoid defeat in Sweden (horrible place icon_wink.gif) we will qualify for the Uefa Cup in 3rd position.

Originally posted by mr susan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

Depends on which one you mean, there's one started at Botev Plovdiv? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one, what's he like now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hristov, solid if unspectacular.

Congrats bnek - may there be many more! icon14.gif

Slaovonija Champions League Update - 20/21

IFK Gothenberg (a) - So after a poor start in arctic conditions we found ourselves one down and heading out of Europe altogether. Thankfully my players adjusted to the strange orange ball and rallied to win the game 2-1. Alen Cop continued to do his best Sinisa Lucic impression by scoring again in Europe. icon14.gif

And so...onto the Uefa Cup.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Lokomotiv Moscow v Slavonija</pre>

If we win that tie we will face either Werder Bremen or Maritimo

As a side note, our conquerers and eventual winners of the Champions League - Valencia - have dropped into the Uefa Cup too. icon_mad.gif

Congrats bnek - may there be many more! icon14.gif

Slaovonija Champions League Update - 20/21

IFK Gothenberg (a) - So after a poor start in arctic conditions we found ourselves one down and heading out of Europe altogether. Thankfully my players adjusted to the strange orange ball and rallied to win the game 2-1. Alen Cop continued to do his best Sinisa Lucic impression by scoring again in Europe. icon14.gif

And so...onto the Uefa Cup.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Lokomotiv Moscow v Slavonija</pre>

If we win that tie we will face either Werder Bremen or Maritimo

As a side note, our conquerers and eventual winners of the Champions League - Valencia - have dropped into the Uefa Cup too. icon_mad.gif

unlucky on both counts there iacov, good luck in the UEFA trophy... icon_smile.gif

just lost in a sudden-death penalty shootout to LLanelli. bit gutted to be honest. had drawn 1-1 after extra time in the game. rode our luck a bit but we had a chance to beat them again... oh well, can concentrate on league now...

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 23/24 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Steve Stevens

Fans' Player of the Year - Steve Stevens

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

Well, this year, we went into the Champions League at the second qualifying stage, most likely due to the nation's improved coefficient. I got Polish side Zaglebie Lubin, whom I dispatched with ease 4-1 on agg. In the third qualifying round, I went up against Zenit Petersburg. The first leg at home was tight, and ended 1-1. However, the lads managed a 2-1 victory in Russia to secure my progression to the Champions League group stages.

Somehow I was still seeded 4th for the draw, and I got the group of death: Barcelona, Lyon and Benfica. icon_rolleyes.gif

Needless to say, I didn't win a match. I picked up a point at home to Benfica, but my European ambitions were over for the season.

Champions League Group Table

All-Ireland Cup:

Three wins in a row now! Had to do the business via penalties against Cork City this year.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

An excellent year for the club's finances, adding another £10mil to the bank balance. Player sales were a bit contributor.

The facilities are bugging me as usual. The board upgraded the youth facilites to "State of the Art + Youth Academy", yet they still won't upgrade the training facilites past "Good." Quite annoying.

The stadium is getting another 4.5k seats, which when completed will take the overall capacity to 11k+. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

11 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 81st, 33.487

Nation Euro Coeff: 18th, 20.833

hmmm, st gallen are rather good. no, in fact, st gallen are ridiculously good, much better than servette were last season (unbeaten, 8 goals conceded). how they got relegated, i don't know.

and we went into that match in good form, the record win over bellinzona followed by 2 other good results putting us totally out of danger.

i think that might be my record defeat in CM/FM. our combinded results against them this season: 2-15 icon_redface.gif.

still not as bad as bellinzona's record against thun (1-9, 0-7 icon_biggrin.gif)

anyway in that match i had my first ever sighting of a '2' rating in this version. my DR having the pleasure of that.

guess who we play next, and away from home? thun icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 23/24 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Steve Stevens

Fans' Player of the Year - Steve Stevens

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

Well, this year, we went into the Champions League at the second qualifying stage, most likely due to the nation's improved coefficient. I got Polish side Zaglebie Lubin, whom I dispatched with ease 4-1 on agg. In the third qualifying round, I went up against Zenit Petersburg. The first leg at home was tight, and ended 1-1. However, the lads managed a 2-1 victory in Russia to secure my progression to the Champions League group stages.

Somehow I was still seeded 4th for the draw, and I got the group of death: Barcelona, Lyon and Benfica. icon_rolleyes.gif

Needless to say, I didn't win a match. I picked up a point at home to Benfica, but my European ambitions were over for the season.

Champions League Group Table

All-Ireland Cup:

Three wins in a row now! Had to do the business via penalties against Cork City this year.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

An excellent year for the club's finances, adding another £10mil to the bank balance. Player sales were a bit contributor.

The facilities are bugging me as usual. The board upgraded the youth facilites to "State of the Art + Youth Academy", yet they still won't upgrade the training facilites past "Good." Quite annoying.

The stadium is getting another 4.5k seats, which when completed will take the overall capacity to 11k+. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

11 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 81st, 33.487

Nation Euro Coeff: 18th, 20.833

Unlucky in the champions league, Annihilator666... bad draw. not much more you could do really.

also, it seems that you might not be getting it all your own way in the league... Glentoran look like they might give you a bit of a run for your money!! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

also, it seems that you might not be getting it all your own way in the league... Glentoran look like they might give you a bit of a run for your money!! icon_wink.gif

Yea, they turned Pro a couple of seasons ago, so their players have been progressing since then. It'll be interesting to see if Linfield or Portadown go Pro, because I'm sure they both probably have good bank balances.

Archived