Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah. I think my game may be ruined. icon_frown.gif

Stupid confidence bug.

Objective: Win the title by the end of the two year plan.

We won it the first year. Board are disappointed.

We just won it again the second year. Board are VERY disappointed.

My contract almost ends. They already mentioned they were looking at other options, and that was before the long-term bar dropped from 30% to 10%.

They're still "satisfied," so there's a bit of hope left... but I think I may be screwed.

They really need to debug that confidence module asap.

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Blah. I think my game may be ruined. icon_frown.gif

Stupid confidence bug.

Objective: Win the title by the end of the two year plan.

We won it the first year. Board are disappointed.

We just won it again the second year. Board are VERY disappointed.

My contract almost ends. They already mentioned they were looking at other options, and that was before the long-term bar dropped from 30% to 10%.

They're still "satisfied," so there's a bit of hope left... but I think I may be screwed.

They really need to debug that confidence module asap.

I thought the Confidence bug was fixed in the 8.0.1 patch??

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Nope, not even close. I've had a few confidence bugs before. One where they were unhappy about the Third Qual Round of the Champions League comes to mind. Think I had that one twice now.

And there was a long term one that they misjudged in my favor as well ("long term objective reached ahead of time" when that wasn't the case).

But obviously those weren't as critical as this one is. I asked the board for a new contract, but they're "unwilling to consider it."

I'm playing on for now, maybe all the other green bars in the other sections will make them change their mind. If not (which I fear) I'm gonna be thoroughly annoyed though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Nope, not even close. I've had a few confidence bugs before. One where they were unhappy about the Third Qual Round of the Champions League comes to mind. Think I had that one twice now.

And there was a long term one that they misjudged in my favor as well ("long term objective reached ahead of time" when that wasn't the case).

But obviously those weren't as critical as this one is. I asked the board for a new contract, but they're "unwilling to consider it."

I'm playing on for now, maybe all the other green bars in the other sections will make them change their mind. If not (which I fear) I'm gonna be thoroughly annoyed though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolded part 1 - I have a CL bug too, as it goes.! The two times i've entered, they have asked for "we hope you enjoy the experience yada yada yada", and when i got knocked out in the first qual. round both times, they were "dissapointed the team only won the champions league this season, and this year, the overall confidence is only "satisfied" due to my poor showing against the team that beat me, 4-3 on agg..!!

Bolded part 2 - I had something similar here too. Coming to the end of contract, and although i had done everything they asked, and was well on course to achieve the long term target (won the league, they wanted me to finish outside the top teams), yet they were "unwilling to renew my contract at this time" ... in the end i got a new one.... but there was some doubt there....

Meldert, Belgium - May 20th 2023

Mid-season table

End of season.

After a decent but somewhat shaky first half of the season, but with the European distraction gone, we came out of the winter break with guns blazing. We went 15-1-1, setting a new First Division winning streak record (13), and a new club undefeated record (21) before losing to Club Brugge on the last match day of the season.

But the title had been won by then. Mons stayed close on our tail for a decent while, but they had a poor fourth quarter, so we had a smooth route to the title.

Belgian Cup:

After four times runners-up in five years (each time losing to a different team in the final), we finally managed to win the Cup for the first time. A narrow 1-0 win against Standard, and a reasonably boring match, but I don't care. A minor demon put to rest, finally.

The squad.

Star striker Alex Lambrechts, after a merely decent first half of the season, went back to the top of his form in the second half, which played a big part in our turning the season in our favor.

His most regular striker partner was notably less effective, but some of the midfielders picked up the slack.

Uros Topalovic, for instance. His attributes look more like those of a decent backup rather than a starter. I signed him with backup-intentions two seasons ago, but six months later he got promoted to the first team when the board sold my regular right winger, and Uros did quite well. This season was his first full season as first choice, and he did great, regularly cutting inside at the right time to connect with crosses from the left side.

Maarten Jansen, the assist-man on the left wing. His crosses are absolutely lethal. Broke the club's and the First Division's assist record. I have two other good left wingers, but they're up against it with this guy in the squad.

The central midfield was the most fluid this season, with seven different players each picking up a fair few games in that position.

Kalifa Marty, in his 8th season of loyal service for the club, really struggled to find his form this season, so he saw very little action in the second half, as I opted for youth instead.

Gustavo Benitez: This looks to be Marty's successor, hopefully I can hold on to him for more than a few seasons. He's a new signing, discovered by one of my scouts in the World Cup last summer, which he went on to win with Paraguay. As his contract at Mouscroun was running out, I couldn't resist signing him.

For the other MC spot, I haven't been able to choose between my four 22-23 year old AMCs, who all are roughly the same quality. So I put them on a bit of a rotation, and eventually gave David Mitchell a longer run in the team, in search of some stability.

I'm very pleased with our defense this season as well, especially in the second half of the season. The defense will need some work before next season though, as I'll certainly lose one, maybe both of my DCs.

Ivica Madjaric has been unhappy for a while now and wants a bigger club, so with one season remaining on his contract, I'll probably cash in on him this summer.

And Niccolo Tosi was the revelation of the season. He's one of the youngsters I've picked up over the years, and is turning into an absolute quality player. Going purely on the 2d-pitch, he's the best defender I've ever had in the team, incredibly aware at the back and hardly ever letting a player get by him - though he picks up a few too many cards.

Unfortunately, as always, quality players want to move to a bigger team, so I had to cash in on him and he'll move to the mighty... Empoli. (We really need to get lucky in Europe soon so our reputation rises and our quality players stop leaving for crap teams in better leagues.)

He's moving for 3 million Euro, but I have a feeling that the 30% sell-on clause will net me at least as much again in a few seasons.

So to summarize the squad evaluation for next season: we're all set in midfield, but the central defense will need new blood, and I'd like to find a young, fast striker to break in as Alex Lambrechts' future replacement, since he'll be turning 30 next season.

Financially we're doing ok again, as the Champions League participation doubled our cash balance to just over 20 million. That may be halved again soon though, since I have a feeling that a new stadium expansion is on the way. (Our average league attendance was 23914, with a 24874 stadium.)

Then again, all that future planning may be moot, of course, as it remains to be seen whether I'll get a new contract. Fingers crossed on that one.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

2021/22: First Division - 1st

2022/23: First Division - 1st

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quacky:

Wow Annihilator it really is lame to finish last in that league icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

For about 4 season's i was under the impression it was "Lame"

Unfortunatly, its "Larne" icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yea, it does look a lot like "LaMe". It's quite suitable as LaRNe do suck IRL.

Banjaminoo Great 1st season, the difficulty will be building upon it! icon_wink.gif

bnek Congratulations on winning the Bulgarian title icon14.gif

rlipscombe Unlucky against Llanelli mate, i'm sure you'll beat them next time icon_biggrin.gif

Coachflu Reading your several posts regarding your contract you must have felt a combination of icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif and then a bit of icon_smile.gificon_razz.gif.

Must say your players look pretty useful too! icon_cool.gif

happyslappy Boyd looks pretty useful, your coaches will need to work with him to help him fulfil his potential icon_wink.gif

Annihilator666 Tough luck in the Champs League, you had a real hard group mind. I bet the board are pleased with your bank balance though icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

rlipscombe Unlucky against Llanelli mate, i'm sure you'll beat them next time icon_biggrin.gif

:

i didn't... lost 2-0 away in the league. post-match report was that they were lucky to come away with the win.... some comfort at least.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

:

i didn't... lost 2-0 away in the league. post-match report was that they were lucky to come away with the win.... some comfort at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks icon_rolleyes.gif

Brestnik - Season 2014/15

Pre-season at the newly built 'Brestnik Stadium' was a quiet one. Following last seasons late surge which saw us secure a 4th place finish only two signings were made whilst two fans favourites Martin Hristov and Petar Kolev moved on. The two new signings Petrov a goalkeeper and Kakalov a winger were more seen as back-up for the first XI.

Previous seasons had seen us endure consistantly poor starts so a four-match tour of Malta was organised as we aimed to hit the ground running. Six pre-season friendly victories later and we kicked-off the season in our usual losing manner 3-1 away at Naftex. Just one win proceeded in the next 4 games to leave us in the familiar position of 8th.

September and October though saw us finally hit top form, 7 successive wins saw us shoot ourselves to the top of the table, the highlight being a 4-0 win at Lokomotiv Sofia. The construction of the new stadium also saw other precedents being set with a new club record attendance.

The end of September also saw the start of a new era at the club. Valeri Andreev finally completed his takeover the club initially saying his aim was to resolve the clubs financial issues, how he was going to do this when he then stated there would be no further investment being made was beyond me! Strange then when a couple of days i received my usual end of month summary expecting to have racked up the usual losses but instead it let me know we had made a profit of £2.2m! It turned out that our lovely new chairman had obviously been watching too much daytime TV and managed to pay-off our debts with one low monthly payment £26,000 until 2039!

November though brought difficulties perhaps we all thought the title was won and we took our foot off the gas. 2 points out of a possible 9 brought the critics to our door as we went into the winter break 2nd after scraping a 3-2 win away at Belasitsa.

By this stage i could tell the squad needed to re-group so a mid-winter break in the Alps and a series of games in Liechenstein were organised. The winter break also saw us sign Eden Hazard from Levski Sofia, a Belgian midfielder with a proven track record i thought he could be the catalyst to the title!

Six wins in seven games following the resumption of the league saw us consolidate and extend our lead at the top of the 'A' League to 6 points with 8 games to go. Defeats against Botev and Slavia Sofia again though put doubts in our minds.

Come May we were back in the driving seat being 6 points clear with 4 games to go. Wins against Litex and Pleven meant a victory at Cherno more would seal the title. An early Sekulic goal gave us the advantage before the home side equalised. Victory and with it the title was sealed when Goran Mladjenovic headed home from a corner, the title was ours!

Our success in the league was matched in the Bulgarian Cup. Once again a competition we had failed to make any type of impact in brought us celebration a 5-0 win against Lokomotiv Sofia!

Overall the domestic double was achieved with relative ease showing the openness of the league with different winners of the competition in the previous seasons.

The main strength of the squad was the ability to get goals from all areas. Previous seasons had seen us depend on Martin Stoev for goals this season though it wasn't the case with 5 players each scoring over half a dozen goals and not one reaching double figures.

The Keymen

Dzhyuneyt Yashar - The clubs record signing has taken time to establish himself at the club until this season, goals and assists galore from the unpronouncable one!

Diogo Rosado - A former Portuguese U-21 international signed from CSKA Sofia the previous season Diogo weighed in with his share of the goals.

Julien Santini - Frenchman Santini is somewhat of an enigma, despite only starting 7 games he managed to score 6 goals and made 7 assists. Seen as an impact player i'm sure he can make the step-up to first choice striker, i think!

Danilo Sekulic - The Serbian has now made over 100 appearances for the club and is a fans favourite.

Matthieu Valverde - French keeper Valverde had a superb season keeping cleansheets in half of his games, a consistent performer.

Olexandr Bogach - the ageing Ukrainian was a rock at the back.

Club Info Final Table

The Squad

Transfers

Euro Coefficients

Club 309th 5.883

Nation 21st 17.683

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

:

i didn't... lost 2-0 away in the league. post-match report was that they were lucky to come away with the win.... some comfort at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does a bit... but i'm kind of resigned to it now. we're not at their level as yet, and i'm pleased that at least we're giving them a run for their money. i did beat them once in my first season so they are beatable. their league record for the season reads 14-3-0. (ours is 9-5-3 - too many draws again... icon_rolleyes.gif )

Originally posted by bnek:

Is it just me or as time goes on there are less and less players? I sent my scout to England he came back with one player who plays for AFC Wimbledon and that was it?!

I don't think that's the case. More likely you just have a fickle scout. icon_smile.gif

Or maybe it's a case of falling between two cracks.

Basically for a scout to put a player onto his scouting list, the player has to be: A. a useful player, quality-wise and B. realistically obtainable.

It's possible that the players in England who are of a high enough quality to be useful for your team, are of such a reputation that they'd never even consider signing for you. So the scout just ignores them.

If that makes sense. I'm just guessing though. For all I know he could just be a crap scout as well. icon_smile.gif

Good season, by the way. icon14.gif

Originally posted by bnek:

Is it just me or as time goes on there are less and less players? I sent my scout to England he came back with one player who plays for AFC Wimbledon and that was it?!

Firstly, a really good season congrats icon14.gif

Secondly, I tend to agree with Coachflu on this one. I think the primary aspect is the quality of your scouts. At the very start i attempted a little experiment and signed two scouts. One had high(ish) stats and the other had 1 for JPP and JPA. The latter scout managed to find 6 players in Norway scouting for an entire season. My other scout found 48 suitable players!

My scouts are now top notch and are finding lots more quality players. It is also related to the standard that your team are playing i believe. My scouts found considerably more players once we'd played our first competitive games in Europe.

If you want to talk to the master of scouting you'll need to wait on a reply from Jimbokav. He uses the scouting system more rigourously and precisely than anyone. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say on this matter!

Coachflu - Great season buddy.! Congrats on finally winning the Belgian Cup..!!! Its been a long time coming icon_wink.gif

Well done on the new contract too, that exaqct same sequence happened to me a few seasons back. Well done none the less, you deserve it.

Happy Slappy - Boyd looks a real good player there.! Even at that young age, he would be fit for a lot of NIP squads straight away. Keep us updated on how he does.!

Bnek - Good season there Bnek.! I bet the millions pumped into the bank make it all the more rewarding.!

Coachflu - Great season buddy.! Congrats on finally winning the Belgian Cup..!!! Its been a long time coming icon_wink.gif

Well done on the new contract too, that exaqct same sequence happened to me a few seasons back. Well done none the less, you deserve it.

Happy Slappy - Boyd looks a real good player there.! Even at that young age, he would be fit for a lot of NIP squads straight away. Keep us updated on how he does.!

Bnek - Good season there Bnek.! I bet the millions pumped into the bank make it all the more rewarding.!

The new money only took me to £200,000 in the black!

Meldert, Belgium - June 30th 2023

2022/23 season follow-up:

Overall Best Eleven.

No new names in the Overall Best Eleven, which indicates that we're in a bit of a transitional period.

Only three names on that list are still part of the team, and of those only 29.5 year old Alex Lambrechts is still a first team player.

Kalifa Marty made the transition from starter to backup halfway into the previous season, and Quentin Lucas remained on the sidelines the entire season, being replaced by my younger Belgian left back.

The only change in the Overall Best Eleven is the disappearance of Wouter Corstjens' stats, heh.

I don't expect many new names to enter the Eleven any time soon. We seem to be in a period where the player turnover is a bit higher than it used to be (mainly because the good players don't want to extend their contracts).

In that spirit, five more new players will join the club in a few days.

Of those, new goalie Pavlovic is the most high profile. To my surprise, he rejected contract offers from teams like PSG and West Ham to join us, and he'll become the best paid Meldert player, at the upper wage limit of 19.750 euro/week.

A 28-year old Japanese right back is also on his way (though he already played in Belgium, so it's not a long journey) as a short term strengthening at the back.

More long term defensive reinforcement will arrive in the form of Ron Berghmans. This kid took quite a bit of effort to sign, as the Cercle manager doesn't like me and refused cash offers. Player exchange was the only way to go, but that also took a few tries, as the player I tried to send them refused their offer because he wanted a higher appearance bonus.

I had almost given up on trying, when Cercle made an offer for David Mitchell. He's a player I would've preferred to hang on to, but since I have several other players for that position, and was in urgent need of a defender, I made the exchange, and got 450k out of the deal as well.

As expected, the board are expanding the stadium, reducing my cash balance from 25 mil to 8 mil. I don't mind though, the extra 9k seats will be very useful in the long run. It does put a bit of extra (financial) pressure on our performance in Europe again though.

Well due to me not having the internet last night, you get a double update on our Uefa Cup progress, enjoy.

Slavonija Uefa Cup Update - 20/21

Lokomotiv Moscow (a) - The first leg away in Russia was spoilt by Petrakov's last minute winner and it meant the pressure was on us at home. Lucic and Panayotov got on the scoresheet here, maintaining their good season.

Lokomotiv Moscow (h) - Traditionally worse off at home, the pressure really was on the Slavonija boys to produce something special. With Lucic out injured and a poor performance from Cop we relied on Panayotov once more. We largely dominated the game and came away with a 3-0 win. Elsewhere I was shocked to learn the PSV had knocked Valencia out. icon_biggrin.gif

Maritimo (a) - I didn't know what to expect from Maritimo and after taking an early lead it looked as though it could be an easy tie. But a rousing response from the Portuguese meant we were thankful to that man Sinisa Lucic for equalising at the death. Another high scoring away game in Europe icon_cool.gif

Maritimo (h) - The return game was a bit of a breeze in all honesty. We dominated from start to finish and two goals from Alen Cop sent us through to the Quarter Finals where we'll take on the considerably harder task of beating Schalke.

In other news, the stadium upgrade is complete - we are now playing at a 17,563 all seater Slavonija Stadium! Due to contracts running out and people requesting a move it's with a sad heart I tell you that Alen Cop and Josip Pavlovic will be moving on at the end of the season. icon13.gif This is definitely a backwards step. On the domestic front, although we are running away with the league this year, it is considerably tougher. I anticipate having a hard year next season with a weaker squad.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Well due to me not having the internet last night, you get a double update on our Uefa Cup progress, enjoy.

Lokomotiv Moscow (a) - The first leg away in Russia was spoilt by Petrakov's last minute winner and it meant the pressure was on us at home. Lucic and Panayotov got on the scoresheet here, maintaining their good season.

Lokomotiv Moscow (h) - Traditionally worse off at home, the pressure really was on the Slavonija boys to produce something special. With Lucic out injured and a poor performance from Cop we relied on Panayotov once more. We largely dominated the game and came away with a 3-0 win. Elsewhere I was shocked to learn the PSV had knocked Valencia out. icon_biggrin.gif

Maritimo (a) - I didn't know what to expect from Maritimo and after taking an early lead it looked as though it could be an easy tie. But a rousing response from the Portuguese meant we were thankful to that man Sinisa Lucic for equalising at the death. Another high scoring away game in Europe icon_cool.gif

Maritimo (h) - The return game was a bit of a breeze in all honesty. We dominated from start to finish and two goals from Alen Cop sent us through to the Quarter Finals where we'll take on the considerably harder task of beating Schalke.

In other news, the stadium upgrade is complete - we are now playing at a 17,563 all seater Slavonija Stadium! Due to contracts running out and people requesting a move it's with a sad heart I tell you that Alen Cop and Josip Pavlovic will be moving on at the end of the season. icon13.gif This is definitely a backwards step. On the domestic front, although we are running away with the league this year, it is considerably tougher. I anticipate having a hard year next season with a weaker squad.

Bad news about Cop and Pavlovic mate. Are they going on Frees or are you gonna be able to get some decent players in to replace them?

UEFA cup run is going well though. A quarter final draw at Schalke may be touhgh going mind. All the best with the Slavonija boys icon14.gif

Schalke (a) - Very frustrating game. We kept the ball better than they did and had an even amount of chances and by all means deserved something from the game. However their finishing was superior and the 2nd goal has really made it hard to see us getting to the semi-finals. My one hope - the return of Sinisa Lucic \o/

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table p.29

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aus) First 2009/10 Hartberg yababo - - -

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) Second 2009/10 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Meldert Storzy - - -

(Bel) Premier 2023/24 Meldert CoachFlu 141st 19.695 20th 20.300 Domestic Title x5

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Patro freek_teek - - -

(Blr) First 2011 Molodechno Reverand&Makers - - -

(Bul) West B 2008/09 Pirin LongView3 - - -

(Bul) Group A 2014/15 Brestnik bnek 309th 5.883 21st 17.683 -

(Cro) First 2020/21 NK Slavonija iacovone 44th 52.377 14th 24.458 Domestic Title x5

(Cro) Second 2008/09 NK Slavonija aaberdeenn - - -

(Cro) First 2009/10 NK Karlovac Konquest - - -

(Cro) Second 2008/09 NK Karlovac Playerbrooker - - -

(Cro) Second 2009/10 Cakovec CaptainStarbuster - - -

(Den) Premier 2010 Helsingør Alurny - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Fredrikshavn cletus - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Avarta blowcrapup - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Svendborg Blackmama - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Fin) Premier 2013 Salon Palloilijat Coasterkoa - - -

(Fin) Premier 2011 Salon Palloilijat Boskovic - - -

(Gre) Second 2009/10 Panaitolikis Benjaminoo - - -

(Hün) Premier 2015/16 Békéscsaba Elöre Quacky 154th 16.223 26th 12.000 Domestic Title x4

(Hün) First 2008/09 Szeged mocko666 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) Premier 2024 Magni endtime - - Domestic Title x7

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) Premier 2013 Kari Jazza - - Domestic Title

(Ice) First 2008 Grotta cr4z3d - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni Jimbokav1971 - - -

(Isr) First 2008/09 Hapoel Ashkelon Dimony - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Premier 2024/25 Nortel Annihilator666 81st 33.487 18th 20.833 Domsetic Title x11

(N.I) Premier 2013/14 Sirocco Works Fire Bracelet - - -

(N.I) Premier 2025/26 Downpatrick Gilbster 134th 21.288 28th 13.000 Domestic Title x13

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers butts - - -

(N.I) Premier 2014/15 Mosside Jimbokav1971 - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Holywood dodged up - - -

(N.I) Premier 2012/13 Lisburn Rangers gaijin 482nd 0.275 48th 0.666 -

(N.I) Premier 2025/26 Mosside Truegunner 571st 0.054 53rd 0.167 Domestic Title x10

(N.I) Premier 2014/15 Knockbreda FC Nepenthez - - Domestic Title x2

(N.I) Premier 2011/12 Kilmore Rec happy slappy - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Downpatrick aaberdeenn - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Killyleagh YC sergent21 - - -

(Nor) Premier 2014 Randaberg IL Gundo - - -

(Nor) Premier 2016 Skjetten cookie15 - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Progresul Bucharest rlipscombe - - -

(Rus) Premier 2013 Amur johnnyquest409 - - -

(Rus) Premier 2013 Dinamo Stavropol José Pandinho - - -

(Rus) First 2008 Spartak Tombov LennyPursuit - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Ser) Premier 2012/13 FK Spartak Subotica Quacky 140th 17.288 4th 49.804 -

(Slo) First 2016/17 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Slk) Second 2008/09 Puchov mocko666 - - -

(Slo) Second 2010/11 NK Tolmin spotg - - -

(Slk) First 2011/12 Puchov migwar - - Domestic Title

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kaapo iseemonsters - - -

(Swe) Premier 2014 Krokom freek_teek - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Angby IF 3Sixty - - -

(Swe) First 2009 Pitea Joshisapoolie - - -

(Swe) Premier 2012 Ulricehamns IFK Sytse - - -

(Swe) First 2010 FC Järfälla saab693 - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Zofingen StOnEhEaD - - -

(Swi) First 2010/11 UGS ghostwriter - - -

(Swi) Premier 2010/11 Baulmes mr susan - - -

(Swi) First 2009/10 FC Bex Flashman's School - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kalkmar Barca4ever - - -

(Pol) First 2009/10 Stal Rzeszow NeoAC - - -

(Pol) Second 2010/11 TKP Torun Supermas2 - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszów Spagbol - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Lechia Zielona Gora Alurny - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Olimpic Donetsk nathansxi - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Nyva Ternopil McNeil - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Taffs Well 3Sixty - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Pontypridd Spagbol - - -

(Wal) Premier 2011/12 Caerleon AFC rlipscombe - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Caerleon AFC Liam =D - - -

(Wal) Premier 2011/12 Caerleon AFC ManU@oldtrafford - - Domestic Title

(Wal) Premier 2009/10 Afan Lido Benjaminoo - - -

</pre>

If someone doesn't do at least a brief end of season report with the minimum of a screenshot of the final league table then the challenge won't be updated for their game.

With regards to the table above, Does anybody know of some way we could get an online challenge table set-up, where by people could update it them selves as and when? I know dafuge has his website(as I don't have the know how to put one of those together, although we do admit we do need one), I'm thinking is there some sort of open source document that could be used and one that all users could have access to in order to update it as and when?

I'm currently updating the challenge table manually and each time I do this it's taking longer and longer to do. I fear a month or two down the line I simply won't have the time to update it?

Any ideas welcome? icon_confused.gif

Thanks people. icon_smile.gif

Well done on the update Gundo I can tell its a lot of work...go take a rest and settle down somewhere with Randaberg...I wanna hear about the upcoming season!

cookie - Cop is going to FC Twente for about £4million plus a few clauses and Pavlovic is off to Hertha Berlin for £3.7million and clauses. So I got some money for them, which to be honest is the least I expect - they are the two best Croats still playing in Croatia. Just need to find the next big thing...I'm finding it difficult to find talent at the moment, I'm still restricted to 3 scouts and their aren't any real quality scouts out there icon13.gif. Schalke 2nd leg is up...C'mon the Slavs!!

Schalke (h) - Well we put up a decent fight but ultimately they just had too much for us. Scholze is incredibly good. As a forward he has everything, and although we marked him out of the game in the first leg, the same marker Djokic was embarrassed this time around icon13.gif. Despite being frustrated at this outcome, it shows how far we've come. We have competed at the highest level in Europe two years running now and are beginning to make a name for ourselves. Long may it continue and bring on next year. icon_cool.gif

On the domestic front, without playing a game we've been declared Champions for the 6th year running. Amazingly we still have another 7 games to go. It really was a one horse race...

Gundo - you can take me off the list as far as my Progresul Bucharest game is concerned. i'm not playing that game... As for an on-line table, i wouldn't know where to start... icon_rolleyes.gif

iacovone - good luck against Schalke - what's so special about the germans??

Coachflu - that GK looks pretty special. sure he'll be a fine addition to your squad.

Good follow-up to last season's success indeed. icon14.gif

Looks like you're set-up for respectable participations in Europe for years to come now. With your Euro-coefficient in decent shape, your seeding should make things a little easier to get into (and through) the group stages.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Coachflu - that GK looks pretty special. sure he'll be a fine addition to your squad.

Yep, he does look ace. There's one worrisome aspect about him that I only just now noticed, though:

His personality is "Unsporting" and he got 4 yellow and 6 red cards last season at AS Saint-Etienne. icon_eek.gif

9 yel 2 red the season before, and 5 yel 0 red the season before that one.

On the other hand, Saint-Etienne don't play in an active league. He played for Genk (in my league) before that and didn't get any card at all in three season.

Cards for goalkeepers are very rare in the match engine, so it may turn out alright.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Yep, he does look ace. There's one worrisome aspect about him that I only just now noticed, though:

His personality is "Unsporting" and he got 4 yellow and 6 red cards last season at AS Saint-Etienne. icon_eek.gif

9 yel 2 red the season before, and 5 yel 0 red the season before that one.

On the other hand, Saint-Etienne don't play in an active league. He played for Genk (in my league) before that and didn't get any card at all in three season.

Cards for goalkeepers are very rare in the match engine, so it may turn out alright. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fingers crossed. might be a 'glitch' in the system. he's not a regen of Jens Lehmann is he?? icon_wink.gif

Brestnik - Season 2015/16

With success comes expectation. Last seasons first Bulgarian title had obviously taken Brestnik into virgin ground as the club would be participating in the Champions League for the first time in the clubs history.

Therefore the clubs transfer record was broken Dimitar Blagoev arrived from Litex for £200,000 having scored 13 goals for the men in orange. There were two other notable additions to the squad during the summer Marian Jarabica a Slovakian centre back arrived from Chernomorets Burgas whilst young full-back Dimcho Yakimov followed him arriving from Hebar. There were also some notable departures from the Brestnik Stadium, Nigerian midfielder Joseph Smart joined AEK Athens for £250,000 and Hungarian winger Lajtos was released and joined minnows Zagorets.

On the pitch a trip to Cyprus was seen as ideal preperation for our season in Europe. The Champions League draw saw us face Estonian champions Levadia Tallinn. A 3-1 home win was followed-up with a 2-1 win in Estonia.

The reward for our victory was a glamour tie against Newcastle United under the stewardship of Sam Allardyce and spearheaded in attack by Theo Walcott. Despite taking the lead at St James Park the Toon hit back and Walcott struck twice in 5 minutes to leave the full time score Newcastle 2 Brestnik 1. The second leg though ended goalless meaning we went out and into the UEFA Cup.

The reward for losing to Newcastle we thought might be a bit of an easier tie, not so! Chelsea! Two goals from Giuseppe Rossi gave Chelsea a 2-0 lead to take to Stamford Bridge. Two weeks later we travelled to London with a glimmer of hope, an early goal from Santini gave us a shock lead but it was Rossi again just before half-time which knocked the stuffing out of us. Despite our best efforts in the second half we couldn't convert any of our numerous charges meaning a 3-1 defeat on aggregate and no more European football at least another season!

Domestically it was another slow start, 1 win in our first 4 games ultimately cost us in the long term. Form improved after being knocked-out of Europe but we went into the Winter break 6th in the league and 11 points behind leaders Levski Sofia.

The winter transfer window saw no less than 10 new players join the club, notably though were those who were leaving. Record signing Blagoev failed to impress and was carted off to Israel for £700,000 , over three times what we paid for him 5 months earlier! Overall over £1m worth of talent was sold as we aimed to freshen up the squad and not put square pegs into round holes. The two signings which made the biggest impact were Pajic and German both of whom we see as big prospects.

On return from the break we hit the ground running (for once!) putting together a 14 game unbeaten run which propelled us to at one point top of the table. A draw against Botev and defeat against Levski both our main title rivals though ultimately meant we failed to capitalise on the mentioned teams dropping points.

A final day win at Loko Plovdiv meant we secured 2nd place and heart-breakingly miss out on another title by 1 point as eventual champions Botev sealed the title in the last 10 minutes at Hebar.

Another season also brought another cup final this time against Naftex, a goal though mid-way through the first half from Muzzy's long lost nephew though was enough for a Naftex victory.

Overall we were second best, although we eventually got ourselves into gear in the league we never really stamped our authority on the table. The appearance in the cup final was another good day-out for the fans but we were beaten by a Naftex side we should've easily beaten. Europe was an adventure we weren't outclassed and progress will be made in the Euro Cup next season.

The Keymen

Once again Sekulic once consistant unfortunately though despite breaking Martin Stoevs appearance record he left at the end of the season on a free transfer. There were though some new stars...

Julien Santini - the young Frenchman as displaced Stoev as the clubs number 1 striker with Pajic providing competition upfront as well Santini will be kept on his toes.

Radovan Pajic - the young Serbian arrived on a free transfer in January. The plan was to bed him in gently his form though was so impressive that come the end of the season it was hard to pick between him and Santini.

Mario Karimovic - the Slovenian has been at the club for a few years now but the ever-present winger was instrumental in our success scoring 9 and setting-up 18 goals throughout the season.

Marian Jarabica - a summer signing, the Slovakian center back partnered the unsettled and sulking Lukic to such an extent that i'm quite happy to send Lukic packing!

Dimcho Yakimov - Yakimov arrived from Hebar during the summer and despite a slow start to his career at Brestnik he's now the first choice right-back at the club.

Csaba German - German is now the clubs record signing, an exciting prospect hopefully next season we'll see the best of him.

Coefficients

Club 288th 6.072

Nation 18th 18.408

Roll on next season!!!!

Six games in to Randabergs second season in Norway's top flight and we are 2nd on 13 points behind Molde! That's some turnaround from last season start because at that point we where rock bottom and it looked grim.

I'm thinking possibly a European spot may be in the offing if we can keep this consistency up. icon14.gif

Slavonija End of Season Update - 20/21 (Season 13)

Media Prediction - 1st

League - 1st

Champions League - 3rd in group (last season Semi-Finals)

Uefa Cup - Quarter Finals (lost to Schalke 5-2 agg)

Croatian Cup - 2nd Round

Well unlike my prediction from the last update, the domestic season was easier this time around. However I feel the standard of player in the teams around me is definitely evening up so it may be a few years before we really see the league become a close race again. So with 7 games still to play we were crowned champions again. icon14.gif. Interesting to see last years runners up Sibenik in at 7th position. Also worth mentioning that Dinamo were in serious danger of relegation until Ivica Olic (remember him?) was brought in as manager and saved them.

In the Croatian Cup my 2nd string really let the club down, losing to Second Division side Inter(Z). icon13.gif Need improvement next year.

In Europe we qualified for the Champions League Group stage for the 2nd season running but thrown in with a much tougher group we struggled. We only gained wins over IFK Gothenburg twice to salvage this season in Europe as we dropped into the Uefa Cup.

In the Uefa Cup, two fairly favourable draws gave us a good opportunity to go far here. After beating Lokomotiv Moscow and Maritimo we came unstuck against German powerhouse Schalke '04. So the European dream ended at the Quarter Final stage of the Uefa Cup and its very much time to look forward to next year's journey. icon_smile.gif

The seasonal awards were all shared amongst Slavonija's players. Georgi Panayotovpicked up the Top Goalscorer award after bagging 22 league goals this year. icon14.gif. This is the lowest total its been in 7 years though icon_rolleyes.gif. Sinisa Lucic (otherwise known as GOD) picked up Croatian Player of the Year with Panayotov coming 2nd. This is the first time we've won this award icon_eek.gif. Finally Lukas Kovar was named the best under-21 player in Croatia. That's the 9th time in a row we've won that award icon_cool.gif.

Club News

Well this year we definitely went through changes. After Michal Sturma was sold to FC Kobenhavn we really struggled to retain a number of our best players. Left winger Antonio Zaja and right winger Neves both followed Sturma out of the door and we left a bit light on the flanks going into the season. As January rolled around we were offered a number of deals for our want-away players. And so with a heavy heart I negotiated the best possible deals for these players. Alen Cop - the man I grew to love was sold onto FC Twente for around £4million. It was a good deal so I'm not too heartbroken, but he was just beginning to show his true worth to us. The hardest player to sell was Josip Pavlovic who had the potential to become a true legend at the club. I'm sure he'll go onto great things elsewhere. His goalscoring ability is akin to a young Paul Scholes I'd say icon_wink.gif.

With our extravagent budget this season (approx £20million) I did pick up a good couple of players. First on the list was a new keeper - enter Petar Barlecaj who was solid all season. Martin Bjelanovic was the other transfer of note, playing a vital part on the left wing when required.

Behind the scenes, the stadium was increased by about 7k - up to 17,563 all seater icon_cool.gif. Pre-season announcement was made that this will be further expanded by and additional 4500 seats icon_smile.gif.

All the Club Info you could ever need...

Financially we are still very healthy with £33million in the bank.

My Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer -

Georgi Panayotov - a bit of a revelation this year as he claimed the most goals and assists of any player in my squad. Quite an achievement. He seems like the type of striker who is likely to have found his limit at us and ready to settle here.

Fans Player of the Year - Sinisa Lucic - Who else? Not quite as breathtaking as last season but that was mainly because of niggly injuries he picked up.

Promising Players: - My favourite part icon_biggrin.gif

18/19 Watch:

Michal Sturma - Had a great first season at Kobenhavn

Sinisa Lucic - GOD

Kresimir Magic - Decent squad player, doesn't look like he'll be good enough to hold down a regular place. Shame, he's got a good name.

Igor Jovicic - At Espanyol and one of the hottest prospects in Europe. I clearly didn't realise just how good he was icon13.gif

19/20 Watch:

Josip Pavlovic - As I said above, this goal scoring midfielder will go onto great things.

Lukas Kovar - Young player of the year, a class act anywhere on the left flank. It will be very difficult to keep hold of him this summer icon_frown.gif.

20/21 Watch:

Dragan Brcic - Played a few games at centre back and did well icon14.gif, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Marino Slavica - Still very young but I've kept an eye on him and he's progressing well. Although with the number of CB's I have it will be difficult for him to win a place in the side, unless he's something special...

Hrovje Dumancic - Tipped for success by the coaches as a 'leading star in the first division' and I'm starting to agree. An injury crisis at the end of the season gave him his debut and he didn't disappoint. Will be in the senior squad from now on.

21/22 Stars of the Future:

Vlado Grubisic - Not exactly a new guy on the scene, but more of a late bloomer who is worth showing you all. A very good centre back and through the youth system, next year could be his year to shine.

Matei Tamas - The reason I put this guy in despite his poor average rating, is because he's a personal favourite of mine. I took a gamble on him and snapped him up from one of my feeder clubs, more out of generosity to them than expectation. Since he's come here though he's really blossomed and now the coaches are raving about him. I'm hoping he can go on and step up his performances too.

Records Broken - Only attendance and gate receipts records were broken this year. Attendance reached 17,534 and gate receipts were £525k. icon14.gif

Overall Best 11

- Only one player added this year - Sinisa Lucic - and rightfully so. His record speaks for itself. I'd like to see some of the current batch of players getting in this team now, but I guess games played is a factor, and with a lot of my players moving on after a few seasons, they struggle to reach this number. Shame because they are better than the majority of players in here at the moment.

Gundo - for you:

6 domestic titles

Uefa Coeff - 30th - 66.500 (up 14 places)

Nation Coeff - 12th - 31.458 (up 2 places)

Originally posted by Gundo:

iacovone Good season and a fantastic report to boot. icon14.gif

Do you have a favorite player at Slavonija?

Thanks Gundo icon14.gif

Ooh yes - it's by far and away Sinisa Lucic. His profile is linked in the End of Season report if you've not seen it?

Hope you stay consistent this season, European qualification would be awesome given last seasons near escape! KUTGW icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

iacovone Good season and a fantastic report to boot. icon14.gif

Do you have a favorite player at Slavonija?

Thanks Gundo icon14.gif

Ooh yes - it's by far and away Sinisa Lucic. His profile is linked in the End of Season report if you've not seen it?

Hope you stay consistent this season, European qualification would be awesome given last seasons near escape! KUTGW icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I feel I should add more to this. Basically I signed Lucic as a 20 year old back in 2018. He had top scored for Istra 1961 the year before with 16 in 27 and looked like a good prospect. Before too long he'd started grabbing goals in the league, cup and Europe and from this first season he was my first choice forward. He's grown with the team and after his incredible performance in Europe two years ago (17 in 12) he endeared himself not just to me, but to the Slavonija faithful! He now has 97 goals in all competitions for me in just 3 seasons. The other thing I really like about him is the fact that he seems content here. He's never been rumoured to be off somewhere and it seems he could be set to stay here for a long while yet. (Touch wood icon_wink.gif). Could be a real legend in the making at this rate.

Phew, so there you go. My favourite! icon_razz.gif

The Swiss winter break does strange things to the league scheduling - it's the 9th of September and I'm already 1/4 of the way through the league fixtures!

So, after a quarter of the league season, survival is looking possible as we currently sit a safe 8th. The main worry however is our lack of goals, we're by far the worst in the league for goal difference, having only scored twice!

When I'm having a season like that every 15 matches or so (ie about twice in the year) they'll come out and spank a team 5-0. Leaves me thinking, save some damn goals you useless idiots that haven't scored in the past 10 games. If only you spread them 5 out we wouldn't be in this mess. The other slightly more frequent thing is to draw a game or two 3-3 again wasting a load of goals scored icon_frown.gif

Nixon

Came through the youth set-up last season, very talented indeed.

Coach Report.

Very exciting.

Wallace.

Same as Nixon, came through the youth set-up last season, been using him as a sub most of the season, but he has weighed in with a dozen or so goals.

Coach Report.

Better than my best striker?

Damn this kid must be talented.

icon_eek.gif

Derbyshire.

Superb, nothing else.

Coach Report.

Says it all really.

Originally posted by mr susan:

The Swiss winter break does strange things to the league scheduling - it's the 9th of September and I'm already 1/4 of the way through the league fixtures!

So, after a quarter of the league season, survival is looking possible as we currently sit a safe 8th. The main worry however is our lack of goals, we're by far the worst in the league for goal difference, having only scored twice!

You've only scored 2 goals in a quarter of the season? How many games is that? And how are you as high as 8th?!

Archived