Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Alurny:

Third time lucky - Northern Ireland - Downpatrick

After three pathetic attempts at the challenge I am determined to make this one work!

I have taken over at newly promoted Downpatrick

Profile Squad

As you can see I signed pretty much everything my scout found.

I made a great start to the file with a 5-1 win over a division 1 side.

Sadly my striker I pin my hopes on suffered a huge setback! icon_frown.gif Ouch!

Good luck Buddy, shame about that injury icon_frown.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knockbreda Update

It's not going well this season... icon_frown.gif

12 Games into the league, and i've only won 10 and drawn 2 icon_frown.gif

On top of that, My top 2 scorers have 23 and 25 goals in about 16 games each icon_frown.gif

and to top it all off, I won the Irish League Cup.

It's really tough being Knocbreda Manager..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

NepentheZ this is no place for bragging!

I wasn't bragging. I'm truly disappointed so far. The two draws were to the poorer teams in the division, and the total goals should be up around 30.

Nah, on the level... it's been a great season so far, and i just had to tell someone about it before the EOS update.... sorry, icon_frown.gif

I can't promise it wont happen again, but i'll try my best in the future.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Remembers what he wanted to brag about.

Snow. Cool!icon_biggrin.gif

I've had a frozen/frosted pitch before but I think this is a first for me in FM08.

I'm sure all you Nordic participants will have this regularly.

If i didn't know better, i'd say that was done in paint icon_wink.gif

I know it's not, because i've had snow once, but even on my screen from my save game it REALLY looked like someone had photoshopped it icon_smile.gif

Also, Jimbo, what season are you in? How often do you lose to Grey Teams now? I haven't lost to a grey side since the 1st season in the NIP. (My third season)

Also, Jimbo, what season are you in? How often do you lose to Grey Teams now? I haven't lost to a grey side since the 1st season in the NIP. (My third season)

That was only light snow too icon_wink.gif.

The moan/whinge about the grey team beating me again was tongue in cheek, (we hadn't just lost to them actually, but it is obviously still pretty raw).

I'm in December 2014 now.

We shipped 28 goals in 6 games in the All "grey" Ireland Cup last season, (20 in 2 games). The other N.Irish side in our group was Newington YC (grey, beat us twice), and Derry, (half grey, beat us twice), and Cork City, (all grey, WALLOPPED us twice).

The domestic leagues aren't as much of an issue as they were but I'm not looking forward to the All "grey" Ireland Cup this season icon_frown.gif.

I tend to do ok in the All Ireland Cup. Usually get about 4 or 5 points, plus, only once have i been beaten worse than 6-0, and that was a 10-1 battering. In the domestic competitions, i never have trouble anymore. icon_biggrin.gif

The All Ireland cup bugs me though, the chuck it in at the end of the season, when i've got like 8 or 9 games to go, and my players get knackered. Its not good. This season I have Crusaders (NIP), St. Pat's Athletic and Drogheda Utd. Drogheda have beaten me 6 in 6 games, first time i'll be facing St. Pats, and Crusaders are lucky to score V's me in this day and age.

Also, I'm a tad suprised you are only in 2014 icon_confused.gif ... i was under the assumption you blitzed through seasons, :/ I don't know how much "later" i started than you, but im already in Jan 2016.... is that bad icon_biggrin.gif ??

I don't blitz through seasons at all. I'm actually quite slow really.

I tend to not play too much at weekends, (except for Sunday nights), and like I said, even when I do play I put a lot of detail into my game and take my time.

I do a lot of scouting and when I get scout reports I give nick-names and create notes where appropriate.

I suppose it might have seemed like I whizz through seasons at certain times, but maybe thet's when I wasn't working.

Kilmore Rec. N.Ireland Premier Division. 2018/2019.

Well, we won the league for the 4th time in a row, won the Irish Cup Wehay!

We rock.

Special mention to a few players.

Derbyshire, probably the main reason we won the league, 47 goals in 42 games, now that is incredible.

We have English side Middlesbrough sniffing around but unwilling to put in a bid.

Gits.

Nixon, pure quality this season, was subject to an enquiry from Burnley earlier in the season, I'm expecting big things from him this season.

Prodigy, has the potential to become one of the best players at the club, well considering he done very well last season, I see no reason why he can't.

Flemmo, only one word can describe this man.......Legend, contributed 27 goals this season and if all works out, then I will try to make him a coach or Ass. Man when he retires.

Which may be for a long time yet.

icon_wink.gif

Gundo.

5 League Titles.

Club Coefficients: 1.100 483rd

Nation Coefficients: 3.333 39th

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I don't blitz through seasons at all. I'm actually quite slow really.

I tend to not play too much at weekends, (except for Sunday nights), and like I said, even when I do play I put a lot of detail into my game and take my time.

I do a lot of scouting and when I get scout reports I give nick-names and create notes where appropriate.

I suppose it might have seemed like I whizz through seasons at certain times, but maybe thet's when I wasn't working.

Maybe thats is then, when you wasn't at work..!!

I tend to get through the N.I league in about 7 / 8 hours, which is fast, but only because of the lack of games, and the fact that my scouts find about 5 players each scouting trip icon_frown.gif

Also, for the last 5 season's i've used "Commentary Only" .... I'm bored of watching 30 shots and only a few going in...

The All Ireland Cup is upon me again icon_frown.gif

And yet again, it's doing my head in. How can the odds suggest we're close, the oppo has a full grey team, yet im getting demolished. I wish I could opt out of this cup, as it brings nothing good to the team. The player morale drops, the board and fans get unhappy that i lose so many games....

My first game this year v St Pats, and at HT i'm a respectable 2-0 down. FT result is 3-0, which im actually very happy about, as i produced 20 shots in this match, and may be getting closer than i thought to these teams. Im still not happy about the cup though...

New starter for this thread. Only up to page 4 on reading but having started as a manager in Finland I noticed that the date given on page 4 was wrong. I had to google current teams to see who was actually the newcomers to the division.

Still, 2 division league.

Expectation for the challenge - INCOMPLETE

Aim for the challenge - to discover a striker who will score me 20-25 goals a season.

By the way, I've started in Finland I;m Rakuunat

Profile to follow tomorrow

Slavonija Champions League Update - 21/22

3rd Qualifying Round

We were drawn against Grasshopper Zurich as our latest European adventure begins once more...

Grasshopper (h) - A slightly disappointing result but a win nonetheless. Would have liked to go to Switzerland without the burden of an away goal hanging against us, but there you go. Weak defending led to the strike and we probably deserved the scoreline we ended up with. Those with a keen eye will have noticed the new name on the scoresheet for us - Benjamin Ibric - a striker signed from Sibenik for £1.6million. I have a bad feeling about the return leg icon13.gif.

Meldert, Belgium - December 17th 2023

Mid-season table

Looking good so far. In fact, looking great so far, if it weren't for plucky Mons keeping pace with us. They did the same last season though, but fell away at the end, so I'm not too worried yet.

We've had a few draws which we should have won, so it's not quite going perfectly, but then again, we're undefeated so far, so it's pretty close.

Champions League update:

Our fourth attempt in the group stage to do better than 4th place, but not an easy task being in a group with Chelsea, Lyon and PSV.

Meldert - Chelsea: 0-1

Probably a fair result, but we were so close to getting a valuable point, as we had a few great chances to score (a ball cleared off the line, for instance). All in all, a boring-ish match though, with solid defenses on both sides.

PSV - Meldert: 2-0

A frustrating result. We just failed to get the ball into the net, and they nailed us with two counter attacks. We deserved more, but once again luck wasn't on our side.

Lyon - Meldert: 2-0

A fair result, I suppose, though the match wasn't as one-sided as the stats suggest. They got the early goal, and we battled hard to try and equalize, but they finished it off with a late goal.

Meldert - Lyon: 2-2

Grrr. We played a very solid first 55 minutes and were the better team, if not with a huge amount of chances, but two nice long shots put us in a good position. Unfortunately, the second goal seemed to jolt Lyon awake, and they overran us for the rest of the match. In the end, I suppose I can't complain about the result, but still frustrating to give away a two goal lead.

Chelsea - Meldert: 2-0

Another semi-snoozefest. We played solidly for most of the match, but Chelsea played a good last ten minutes of the first half, which was enough for them to win the match on cruise control.

Meldert - PSV: 2-1

We were already certain of 4th place, but this was still a good match to win, if only to show the world that we belong in this stage of the competition.

I suppose PSV were the ones who deserved a bit more from the match this time, but we were still good value for the win, getting the early goal and keeping them chasing us for the rest of the match. Our goalie had a good day though, and played a big part in earning us the points.

Group standings.

So our European season ends in December yet again. Our fourth time in the group stage in seven seasons, and our fourth 4th place finish.

24 group stage matches, 2 wins, 6 draws, 16 defeats.

On the European level, we haven't made much progress in those seven years. On the other hand, I'm reasonably optimistic after this season's performances. It was a tough group, and we weren't played off the field in any match. Just a touch more luck in one or two matches, and we could have finished third, and deserved it.

In other, slightly related news, the extension to our stadium was finished just in time for the PSV match. We can now fit more than 33k people in the stadium. Based on the one league match so far, and the rise in season ticket sales, we could come close to filling it. That should increase our income nicely, and is another small step forward in the club's development.

And after the training facilities last season, the youth facilities are now also upgraded to the max.

In that spirit, perhaps a brief highlight of the best youngsters to come out of our youth setup so far:

Rob Lievens: In his tenth season at the club, he came through a youth setup which was still rather crappy. Now in his second season as starting left back. My coaches have never rated him highly (2 stars ability, three stars potential), but he performs well, and gets the occasional cap for Belgium.

Sami Carlier: Only the second Meldert youngster to get senior appearances for the team. This kid attracted immediate interest from other clubs, and looks to be developing well. Will hopefully be a solid first team starter in the near future.

Cees Janssens: Cees looks very promising, and has a few more years to develop before he'll get his shot in the first team. Have big hopes for him.

Toine Kaya: Part of last season's crop, also attracted immediate attention. His stats look very good for his age, and I might start giving him some senior bench time next season already.

Mario Deferm: Another of last season's crop. He has a few more seasons of loan or youth football ahead of him, but I think he may turn out ok.

Emmanuel Bernard: From two season's ago. Was initially rated highly by my coaches, but they since changed his mind. He's indeed not progressing as fast as I hoped, but still worth to keep an eye on.

That's about it. There are a few more 'maybe but probably not' lads.

Not a terrible result, I suppose, considering the youth facilities are only just now maxed out. Hopefully the productivity increases now.

On my wish-list for the youth products: a great, fast striker, and a kid with the manager's last name. If those two are combined in one player, that'd be even better. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Ok, Forum vote here please guys...

Would it be rude or wrong of me to holiday the All "Grey" Ireland Cup games? I can't stand them, and having my ass man control them may be a good thinG?

I wouldn't call it rude, and it's not against the rules but I say don't do it.

You are probably breezing through 80% of your other games without any problems. A draw in the All "grey" Ireland Cup, (when it eventually comes), will give me more satisfaction than a 10 game winning streak in the league.

Stick with it icon14.gif.

Originally posted by kccircle:

New starter for this thread. Only up to page 4 on reading but having started as a manager in Finland I noticed that the date given on page 4 was wrong. I had to google current teams to see who was actually the newcomers to the division.

Still, 2 division league.

Expectation for the challenge - INCOMPLETE

Aim for the challenge - to discover a striker who will score me 20-25 goals a season.

By the way, I've started in Finland I;m Rakuunat

Profile to follow tomorrow

welcome kccircle, and good luck in Finland.

NepentheZ - as for the 'grey' matches, i'd say that maybe you should battle on. as far as the rules go, i don't see why it's a problem - your ass man will probably play pretty much the same team anyway - but i agree with Jimbo that the satisfaction of a positive result might make it worth it.

iacovone - good luck in the second leg - it won't seem right not to see Slavonija mixed it with the best in Europe... keep the faith icon14.gif

Coachflu - unlucky in europe... like you say, it was a tough group and you were never embaressed. with a bit more luck in the draw, combined with the improving finances etc., i don't think it's long before we see you making progress in Europe!!

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 24/25 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ladislav Kostolansky

Fans' Player of the Year - Branislav Nagy

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

I went straight in at the second qualifying round again this year. In what I thought was a tough draw, we were up against Swedish side Helsingborg. They held us to a 1-1 draw at home, but my players turned on the style in Sweden, beating them 4-2. In the third qualifying round I got Spartak Moscow, as I was again unseeded for this draw. They beat us 4-3 in Moscow, a result which I was very happy with. Back in Belfast, we breezed past them 3-0 to qualify for the Champions League group stage.

For the first time, I was seeded 3rd instead of 4th for the draw, so I got a slightly easier group: Inter, Benfica and Viking. After winning my first two matches, 2-0 (H) against Viking, and 3-2 (A) against Benfica, I had high hopes of qualifying for the next stage. When Inter came to Belfast and I was 2-0 up against them with 25 mins to play, I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately they scored 4 goals in those last 25 mins to beat me 4-2. icon_frown.gif

A 5-1 thrashing by Inter in Milan, and a disappointing 1-1 draw with Viking left me needing a draw or better against Benfica to qualifying for the knockout stages. Alas, it was not to be, as I lost 2-1 at home. However, I finished 3rd and therefore went into the UEFA Cup.

Champions League Group Table

Another tough draw in the UEFA Cup, where I got Osasuna. I managed to nick an away goal in Spain, but went down 2-1. They then won the return tie 2-0 to end my European dreams for another season.

All-Ireland Cup:

I again reached the final this year, looking for my fourth consecutive victory. Drogheda United had other ideas though, and they won 2-0.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

The finances again improved this year, I was up past £60mil before the board took their end of season bonuses out of the kitty.

The stadium is being expanded even further, to about 15k. And as I posted earlier, the board finally allowed me to upgrade the training facilities. I'm hoping that might help my players get ever so slightly better.

Gundo, info for your table:

12 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 73rd, 35.185

Nation Euro Coeff: 21st, 19.667

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 24/25 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ladislav Kostolansky

Fans' Player of the Year - Branislav Nagy

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

I went straight in at the second qualifying round again this year. In what I thought was a tough draw, we were up against Swedish side Helsingborg. They held us to a 1-1 draw at home, but my players turned on the style in Sweden, beating them 4-2. In the third qualifying round I got Spartak Moscow, as I was again unseeded for this draw. They beat us 4-3 in Moscow, a result which I was very happy with. Back in Belfast, we breezed past them 3-0 to qualify for the Champions League group stage.

For the first time, I was seeded 3rd instead of 4th for the draw, so I got a slightly easier group: Inter, Benfica and Viking. After winning my first two matches, 2-0 (H) against Viking, and 3-2 (A) against Benfica, I had high hopes of qualifying for the next stage. When Inter came to Belfast and I was 2-0 up against them with 25 mins to play, I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately they scored 4 goals in those last 25 mins to beat me 4-2. icon_frown.gif

A 5-1 thrashing by Inter in Milan, and a disappointing 1-1 draw with Viking left me needing a draw or better against Benfica to qualifying for the knockout stages. Alas, it was not to be, as I lost 2-1 at home. However, I finished 3rd and therefore went into the UEFA Cup.

Champions League Group Table

Another tough draw in the UEFA Cup, where I got Osasuna. I managed to nick an away goal in Spain, but went down 2-1. They then won the return tie 2-0 to end my European dreams for another season.

All-Ireland Cup:

I again reached the final this year, looking for my fourth consecutive victory. Drogheda United had other ideas though, and they won 2-0.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

The finances again improved this year, I was up past £60mil before the board took their end of season bonuses out of the kitty.

The stadium is being expanded even further, to about 15k. And as I posted earlier, the board finally allowed me to upgrade the training facilities. I'm hoping that might help my players get ever so slightly better.

Gundo, info for your table:

12 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 73rd, 35.185

Nation Euro Coeff: 21st, 19.667

well done on another decent season. one question though - would you rank this season as being a slightly disappointing one, given all you focus is on europe really? just interested to see what you think....

also, looking at your profile, you do look a pretty decent manager now!! icon_eek.gif however, i do think that maybe you could improve your loyalty a bit - i mean, you've only got a 15...... icon_wink.gif

Grasshopper (a) - Relief. The players went and did the business in Switzerland and we're through to the group stage for the 3rd year running icon_cool.gif. Georgi Panayotov got the brace here and thankfully we're not suffering in the face of Sinisa Lucic's dry spell in Europe.

Group Draw:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Barcelona

Chelsea

Slavonija

Dortmund</pre>

Arguably the toughest group I've been in and I hold very little hope of progressing... icon13.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

well done on another decent season. one question though - would you rank this season as being a slightly disappointing one, given all you focus is on europe really? just interested to see what you think....

also, looking at your profile, you do look a pretty decent manager now!! icon_eek.gif however, i do think that maybe you could improve your loyalty a bit - i mean, you've only got a 15...... icon_wink.gif

Thanks. I'm not really disappointed, because I'm just aiming to finish in the top three in the group stages so that I qualify for European football after December. I don't think I'm ever going to complete the challenge, it seems to be a lot tougher than last year. All my best players NEVER sign new contracts, which means when I start making progress, I lose it all when they leave, and I have to start from the bottom again by bringing in new youth players.

Even then, it's hit or miss whether or not my scouts can be believed that a young player will progress.

And I have no idea how I still have only 15 loyalty after almost 20 years at the club! icon_razz.gif

CoachFlu - nice update, sorry to see you come 4th again but I don't think it'll be too long until you see progress. It's also impressive to see you have a 30k+ stadium now icon14.gif

In terms of your youngsters I would say Bernard has the potential but you definitely should look at getting him a tutor with good mental stats. That's what he's really lacking. Kaya looks like a possible future starter but personally I'm not sure about either Janssens or Deferm. Hopefully they prove me wrong. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Boskovic:

just secured survival in my first season in the Finnish top flight with two games to go. Its been a long, hard, frustrating and ultimatly disappointing season.

full update will follow when ive finished the season

Disappointing? Surely not, everyones expectations in first season are to stay in the league, and you didi that - well done icon14.gif

Dortmund (h) - Well I thought before the game that realistically, if we were to get anything from this group, this was a must win game. Sadly we couldn't find the net in 90 minutes and came away with just a point. Perhaps if we can get a 3 points in Germany we may get 3rd place but that is a long way off now.

Elsewhere: Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea

and finally...

A little 'Croatian Clubs in Europe' update...This year I think Croatia have a record number of clubs still in Europe at this stage - 4 in the Uefa Cup first round. Hadjuk have Gimnastic. Istra 1961 vs Zenith. Osijek vs AEK Athens and Cibalia vs Lens. I'll let you know if any of the 4 qualify for the group stage.

Knockbreda Update

Ok, so i wont "skip" the All "Grey" Ireland Cup, as it would be a moral loss icon_frown.gif

On another note, I've just completed season 8... and i won... EVERYTHING.

Well, near as damn it anyway icon_smile.gif

Full update to come in the next few hours, but i thought id share with you that I won teh league by a mile, and won all the pointless cups too..!!

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskovic:

just secured survival in my first season in the Finnish top flight with two games to go. Its been a long, hard, frustrating and ultimatly disappointing season.

Disappointing? Surely not, everyones expectations in first season are to stay in the league, and you didi that - well done icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not so much the survival im disappointed with. more that id say about 90% of the goals we conceeded were "(enter Name Here)'s mistake led to that goal"

Our defending was terrible but we rarely gave away goals because we were outplayed. Always because one of my defenders made a mistake. Dont get me wrong, im over the moon with survival

Originally posted by Boskovic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskovic:

Disappointing? Surely not, everyones expectations in first season are to stay in the league, and you didi that - well done icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not so much the survival im disappointed with. more that id say about 90% of the goals we conceeded were "(enter Name Here)'s mistake led to that goal"

Our defending was terrible but we rarely gave away goals because we were outplayed. Always because one of my defenders made a mistake. Dont get me wrong, im over the moon with survival </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to get a lot of that in my Carshalton save, so quite simply all i did was pur all the defenders creative freedom to zero, passing to "long" and mentality to "ultra defensive" and it seemed to stop the problem. May have been blind luck... but i still swear by it in the knockbreda save and i rarely, if ever see that piece of commentary now.

Update - SalPa - 2012

Well our first year in the top tier of Finnish football was a real hard lesson. Despite our very good performance in the League Cup we struggled for the large part of the season. The most notable bad point of the season was our 10 game run without a win.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Our very nice chairman withdrew the transfer funds raised by the sale of David Ramadingaye. What a nice guy

PLAYERS

Top Scorer - Patrik Lomski

Lomski for the third year running. I experimented with him upfront for a while but it didnt work out

My Player of the Season - Johannes Westo

Johannes was the player i bought in to replace David Ramadingaye and he did not let me down. He broke Ramadingaye's Assists record and bagged himself a hatfull of goals to boot

HIGHLIGHTS

SalPa 2 - 1 TPS

Our first ever win over former parent club TPS in our 10th meeting sees us bag our second semi final of the season

LEAGUE

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

---------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

| 10 - IFK Mariehamn 26 -- 7 -- 6 - 13 - 42 - 55 - -13 - 27 |

| 11 - SalPa -------- 26 -- 6 -- 5 - 15 - 37 - 52 - -15 - 23 |

| 12 - AC Oulu ------ 26 -- 6 -- 4 - 16 - 40 - 57 - -17 - 22 |

------------------------------------------------------------------

| 13 - FC Inter ----- 26 -- 1 -- 9 - 16 - 20 - 61 - -41 - 12 |

------------------------------------------------------------------

| 14 - VPS ---------- 26 -- 1 -- 6 - 19 - 21 - 70 - -49 -- 9 |

</pre>

Although we finished down the bottom of the table we got off to a very encouraging start with 2 wins and a draw in our first three games of the season and found ourselves in third place. I foolishly allowed myself to dream and. Things took a drastic turn for the worse when we went on a ten match run without a win. We secured safety when we beat FC Inter 4-2 at home with two games to go.

CUP

> 3:2 OLS A Thu, 10.5.2012 Finnish Cup 4th Rnd

> 3:1 AC Kajaani A Sun, 10.6.2012 Finnish Cup 5th Rnd

> 2:1 Kaapo A Wed, 20.6.2012 Finnish Cup 6th Rnd

> 1:1p FC Geopardi A Wed, 27.6.2012 Finnish Cup 7th Rnd

> 2:1 TPS H Wed, 26.9.2012 Finnish Cup Qtr Final

> 0:5 Tampere Utd N Wed, 17.10.2012 Finnish Cup Semi Final

</pre>

This season sees us reach the 7th rnd and achieve our boards expectations for the first time in the Finnish Cup. Smashed tho 5:0 in the semi finals against top of the league and everntual Finnish champions Tampere Utd

FUTURE

I plan on using some of the money from the sale of David Ramadingaye to strenghen my squad. Im in need of a decent AM to replace him. Im looking for safty first and we only need to be better than two other teams to survive. I believe that to be in our grasp after some fantastic performances this season.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 6 -- 5 -- 15 - 42 - 55 - -13 - 23 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 20 -- 3 --- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 | (Promoted)

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

------------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

------------------------

| 2012 -- Prm ----- Semi |

--------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

------------------------

</pre>

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I used to get a lot of that in my Carshalton save, so quite simply all i did was pur all the defenders creative freedom to zero, passing to "long" and mentality to "ultra defensive" and it seemed to stop the problem. May have been blind luck... but i still swear by it in the knockbreda save and i rarely, if ever see that piece of commentary now.

thanks. i may give that a go this next season

As i'm a bit bored, i thought i'd give you a quick update on my Caerleon game, coming towards the end of the season.

with 8 games to go in the league, i'm currently 3rd, but there are a group of about 6 of us chasing Llanelli in vain. going to go down to the wire again i think. and i think i might play Llanelli last game of the season...

in the cups, i've made it to the semis of the Welsh League Cup, where i'll play the only 'grey' team left in the competition. after knocking out last seasons top two teams on my way to the semis, i'll be seriously gutted to lose out to a 'grey' icon_rolleyes.gif the game is being played at Swansea's Liberty Stadium, so i'm hopeful of a 'bumper' crowd... icon_rolleyes.gif

as for players, Adam Murray has moved on to 22 goals for the season, and Lance Thomas has 15... icon_biggrin.gif unfortunately they're not getting the best support from their team mates, as i think the next best is about 5... icon_frown.gif

hopefully i should finish the league either tonight or tomorrow night... with of course a full update to follow...

fingers crossed!!

Archived