Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

Right,

Slovenia this time and hopefully choosing a team that has a stadium of 750 won't destroy me again.

My Profile

Club Info

Good luck Flash icon14.gif

On my game Odranci came up in my second season, and survived. Which is extremely rare for any of the promoted sides in Slovenian Div 2.

If you survive season 1, you should be safe from relegation thereafter.

Getting promoted is a different matter though - as emgergo discovered earlier in the thread icon_biggrin.gif

Slavonija Champions League Update - 21/22

Chelsea (a) - Bit of a disaster really. 5-0 down before we began playing and it was clear Chelsea were far superior. We still have a long long way to go to get close to repeating our semi final appearance of two years ago. Marko Djokic had a nightmare, got a 4 and conceded two penalties icon13.gif.

Elsewhere: Dortmund 1-1 Barcelona

and finally...

Cibalia are the only remaining Croat side in Europe with us, qualifying for the Uefa Cup group stage on penalties. I'll be keeping a close eye on their progress.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2015/16 (Season 8) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Champions League - Qual. 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner's (v Portadown)

League Cup - Winner's (v Glentoran)

Antrim Cup - Winner's (v Glentoran)

All Ireland Cup - 3rd In Group A

N. Ireland Premier Division - League Table

League Cup Final

Irish Cup Final

Finances

Player Records | Team Records

Team Info

Squad Stats

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Manager info | Manager Overview

Finances

European Co-Eficience - Knockbreda, 508th (up 3)

Awards

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas (Knockbreda)

Player of the Year - Paul Smith

Young Player of the Year - Ben Howard

Top Goal Scorer (League) - Paul Wallace, 32 Goals

Superstar's -

Pat Spence - What a player. Signed him on a free transfer, and he has gone from strength to strength. Masses of assists this season, breaking all previous records for both club, and league, and really proved his worth. His stats have blossomed too, and he looks like a really good player.

Paul Wallace - When is this guy never here? Another 55 goals this season, and the 24 year old is only just looking to get into his prime. Although not the best forward in the team at first look, his record speaks for itself.

Season Summary

This is easily my best ever season. Winning 3 cups and the league by a long way. Only 1 loss in the league to eventual 2nd place. Hopefully next year i can go one better. Goals were flying in again this season, hitting 99 league goals, and having 4 players score lots... (55, 45, 25, 18). Hopefully next year i can do better in the All "Grey" Ireland Cup, and maybe even get a win in the Champs League.!!!

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 251

Goals: 271

Assists: 96

MotM: 74

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 354

Won - 213

Drew - 58

Lost - 83

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 4

Club Co-Efficient, 508th

Nation Co-Efficient, (TBA) - I don't know how to find it..!!

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Nice season there NepentheZ. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Club Co-Efficient, 508th

Nation Co-Efficient, (TBA) - I don't know how to find it..!!

Cheers.!

N. Ireland are 48th. icon_frown.gif

Look at your Club coeffecient, it says "Nation" on the menu below "Club"... icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rlipscombe - Looking good Euro could be on the cards

I'm lossing most of my team icon_frown.gif

My Gk went to Inverness

and my RB is going to Preston

My LM is unhappy

Fotheringham is being eye up by everyone

Ben Ward My star CB Is being looked at by Real Madrid, AC Milan and loads of other teams

and the rest of my team is wanted

All my best players NEVER sign new contracts, which means when I start making progress, I lose it all when they leave, and I have to start from the bottom again by bringing in new youth players.

Yep, that's indeed a big part of the challenge for me as well - finding quality players who are willing to sign for the club, and then getting the most out of them in the few seasons before they want to move on.

The annoying part of that is that they usually get unhappy after one season, or sometimes even after six months, when "bigger" clubs start making offers for them. Depending on the player, this can then have a big effect on his morale and performances.

And "bigger" isn't always bigger. Players get unhappy when I reject bids from teams like FC Sochaux, or Empoli, or Nurnburg. icon_rolleyes.gif

On the plus side, I've managed to keep my finances relatively healthy by player sales the last few seasons. Still had to let some players go that I would've preferred to keep, though.

Originally posted by iacovone:

CoachFlu - nice update, sorry to see you come 4th again but I don't think it'll be too long until you see progress. It's also impressive to see you have a 30k+ stadium now icon14.gif

In terms of your youngsters I would say Bernard has the potential but you definitely should look at getting him a tutor with good mental stats. That's what he's really lacking. Kaya looks like a possible future starter but personally I'm not sure about either Janssens or Deferm. Hopefully they prove me wrong. icon_smile.gif

Janssens' physical aspects (balance etc.) are the most worrisome part. His other stats look fine for his age (goalies develop a bit slower). I think he'll need at least two more years, but have hopes for him.

Agree about Deferm, but I'm not too bothered about him - I never seem to have trouble picking up central mids.

Same for Bernard actually. Left wingers aplenty, it seems. I've always had too many of those in my squad, heheh.

Kaya is the one I have the highest hopes for. Filling the DC position has been a bit of a challenge the last few seasons. And I like the idea of having a homegrown rock at the back for 10+ seasons running.

I'm quite pleased with the 33k stadium indeed. Second biggest in Belgium now, I think - haven't checked yet, but I'm sure Club Brugge's is bigger still.

Yep i'm in agreement with you CoachFlu - I definitely favour giving a homegrown player a game over a better but 'foreign' member of my squad. I currently have a few decent young defenders but I'm yet to be truly excited by an academy product.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Yep i'm in agreement with you CoachFlu - I definitely favour giving a homegrown player a game over a better but 'foreign' member of my squad. I currently have a few decent young defenders but I'm yet to be truly excited by an academy product.

I really don't have much of a preference that way, but say I have a young homegrown guy and another guy about the same level of ability I'll like to give the homegrown guy the shout out of optimism that he might improve and I can use him in Europe easier.

Update - SalPa - 2013 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

The Fans player of the year was awarded to Patrik Lomski for the third year running

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

The highlighted players are this years inductees, Some reinducted this year

Premier Div Team of the Year

Westo is selecting in this years Premier Division Elect

Rookie of the Year

Westo gets second in Rookie of the Year

Midfielder of the Year

Westo pops up again with Midfielder of the year this time.

U21 Player of the Year

{i]Westo once again, this time third in the U21 Player of th Year[/i]

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Juuso Kainu

Best player from this years intake. Doesnt look too impressive but very quick

Nobody has been promoted to the first team sqaud this season

Jarno Turonen (2009) - Maybe time for Jarno to move on at the end of this season.

Petri Eskola (2010) - This season may see Petri lose his first team place with Westo dropping back from AMC to MC

Tapio Linna (2010-12) - Tapio's contract ran its course and he was released having never had much of a chance on the pitch

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is an u21 international for Finland. He will keep his place as first choice right back.

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12) - The star of last years intake left the club after his contract ran out. He didnt want to sign a new deal

Antti Holopainen - (2012) - I noticed this guy by accident when looking for an AMC. My scout who had scouted a potential signing claim the player was n ot as good as our best AMC - Antti Holopainen. So he earned his promotion to the first team and played a few games. He was impressive and has recently signed a full time contract.

TRANSFER INFO

Antti Pehkonen

Bought in to sure up a very young defence. Will play as left back to start with

Gustav Johansson

Was bought in on loan in our promotion year as a temporary fix for Ramadingaye's departure. Was very impressive and has now signed for us after being released by his club.

Ismo Kauppinen

A back up striker. Has some potential and cost nothing

Jukka Puurunen

More experience to sure up our poor defence of last season. The fans were excited by his arrival

Tony Levola

Tony is just 15 and was recommended by my scout. I liked what i saw so i snapped him up as Atlantis FC were willing to let him go for a 30% sell on clause

ANNUAL LAURI DELLA VALLE REPORT

Lauri signed a new contract with relegated VPS this winter. VPS did however offer Lauri plus A.N Other as a p/x for my best Center half. Due to my defencive problems i regretably had to refuse. However we are now playing at a higher level than him for the first time so his arrival at SalPa cannot be too far off.

SEASON PREVIEW

Promotion Odds / 500-1

Media Prediction / 13th (Relegation Play-Out)

We have gone from 200-1 last season to 500-1 this year. The bookies dont seem to like us. However if my players can click i hope for a midtable finish. The board expect another battle against the drop.

Barcelona (h) - The glamour tie approached and we took on the Spanish giants Barcelona at the Slavonija Stadium. We so nearly pulled off a quite incredible result but sadly we conceded 30 seconds after time was due to be up icon_frown.gif. All in all a much improved performance than against Chelsea, although I do fear what could happen in Spain!

Elsewhere: Dortmund 0-2 Chelsea

My FM days are over for a while i think. Possibly for good. Ive just realised im not enjoying the game anymore. Its just too intense now really. Too many things you need to get spot on in order to win. You can have the best players in the world but if your tactics are not spot on, or your team talks then i still lose.

Anyway, ill keep on with my sign up but once thats over i dont think ill be back

Have a sleep on it Boskovic...it would be a shame to lose you. C'mon it's not that bad is it? Just think how good it will be when you finally crack those tactics. Don't forget we're here to help if you're looking for advice on certain aspects of the game. I'm sure we all have our separate areas of expertise!

to be honest i dont like spending too much time on my tactics. ive played football for over 15 years at various levels and ive never seen a manager/coach have to go that indepth with tactics. Also if FM interpretation of Finnish football is realistic then i might pack my bags and fly over there as i know im better than half the players ive witnessed on FM. icon_wink.gif

Think im just gonna give it a rest for a while. Just been smashed by 5 goals in two of my first 4 games of the season. I enjoy a challenge but not when i find myself wanting to punch my laptop.

Fair enough. My experiences of playing football would be similar to yours up until the last couple of years where I've been managed by a coach from a Premier league side and he is more in depth than what you can do in FM tactically. So in that respect I would say it is realistic, but I agree, if you're not a tactics man then it will obviously become a much harder challenge than in '07. Anyway, don't punch the laptop and hopefully see you back here soon.

I thought I'd give a very brief half way stage report of Randabergs 2014 season...

I'm not one for going into great depth regarding half season reports and I won't this time. icon_biggrin.gif

Despite just being knocked out of the Norwegian cup by Valerenga I'm very pleased if not somewhat surprised by the way things are going at the Randaberg Stadion in season 2014. Last season was a monumental scrape with relegation > this year we've hardly been displaced from top spot! icon_eek.gif

League table so far.

If things carry on in the same light we should secure a European spot of some sort?

Having said all of the above watch me jinx things and crash out of the top 5 places before the end. icon_rolleyes.gif

Knockbreda Update

I'm gutted. Champs League 1st Qual Round,

Knockbreda 3-2 Levadia

Levadia 2-1 Knockbreda

4-4 on aggregate, and i'm out on away goals.! icon_frown.gif

What makes it worse is, in the first leg, i was 3-1 up in the dying seconds, and they nicked 3-2 just before FT. I did have a little moan to myself, mumbling about "oh great, they will probably beat me on away goals now..."

Second leg and it starts poor, 1 down in the first few minute's and those away goals look good. HT is upon us and a Paul Wallace scores a VITAL penalty for Knockbreda, putting them 4-3 up on aggregate. 80th minute passes, and i'm looking good, until BANG. Another late goal, and another season of dashed hopes. I really thought i'd make it through this year, i've assembled a good team together, and the backroom staff are fantastic too. The 2nd round draw would have seen me get more than likely demolished to Galatasary (had i made it that far), but the away game would have seen a nice pay day.

Miles away from 5 Mill in the bank to turn pro, hope theres another way it can happen. (I'm 3 league titles in a row now)

Caerleon 3 - 0 Felinheli

we were so close to falling to the curse of the grey... especially when they went one-on-one with my keeper in the 90th minute!! icon_eek.gif thankfully they missed and my heart didn't go into shock!!

anyway, who cares now - we're in our first final!! icon_biggrin.gif

(in the league, i've played 2 of the last 8, and lost them both... we're wobbling again under the pressure... icon_frown.gif)

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Caerleon 3 - 0 Felinheli

we were so close to falling to the curse of the grey... especially when they went one-on-one with my keeper in the 90th minute!! icon_eek.gif thankfully they missed and my heart didn't go into shock!!

anyway, who cares now - we're in our first final!! icon_biggrin.gif

(in the league, i've played 2 of the last 8, and lost them both... we're wobbling again under the pressure... icon_frown.gif)

Good luck in the final. icon14.gif

Barcelona (a) - Pretty pleased despite the defeat. Brave performance from the lads and despite being 2 points off 3rd place if we can play like this in Germany I reckon we have an outside chance of beating them and qualifying for the Uefa Cup.

Elsewhere: Chelsea 0-0 Dortmund

thanks for the support - it'll have to wait til tommorow as i don't think i can take any more tonight... blood pressure must be up!! ha ha...

in league, 3 games to go... i'm 4th - points are (ignoring LLanelli) 60, 56, 55, 55... it's going to the wire...

I'm not sure if this is allowed in this thread, but i've created a thread in the tactic's forum with my tactic, and the hows and whys about it serving me so well. For those of you struggling in this challenge, i really feel this could turn your team around (looking at bosko here icon_wink.gif just kidding)

This is the thread

If i shouldn't have put it in here, I'm sorry icon_frown.gif

but hopefully a few people can enjoy FM a lot more because of this tactic...

Knockbreda Update - 2016/17 Season

We've just won the "League Cup" for the second season in a row. Last season it was a 5-1 demolition of Glentoran. This season's story is not so far away from that either, with Knockbreda beating Cliftonville by 4 goals to 1.

These cup's, along with the NIP are becoming increasingly easy to win. icon_biggrin.gif

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 25/26 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Attila Gulyás

Fans' Player of the Year - Attila Gulyás

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

This year's Champions League campaign started with an easy couple of games against Estonian team Levadia. The first leg, away, finished 6-0 to Nortel, and a tidy 1-0 win in the second leg saw me through to the next round.

I was seeded for the first time for the third qualifying round, but I still got a tough tie against Dinamo Kiev. A 3-1 away win settled my nerves a bit, and I went on to win 7-4 on agg. after a 4-3 win at home.

For the group draw, I was once again seeded third and got my best draw yet: Valencia, Fiorentina and Zilina. I won 3-1 away to Fiorentina in the first game, which I was delighted with. This was followed up with a 2-0 loss to Valencia, then a 2-2 draw with Zilina, in a match I dominated. I got revenge in the next game, beating them 3-1 and then drew 2-2 with Fiorentina at home. In the final match, I held out against Valencia for a 0-0, which meant I qualified for the 1st knockout round for only the second time ever! icon_biggrin.gif

Champions League Group Table

Due to finishing 2nd in the group, I got a tough tie against Arsenal in the next round. In the first leg, at home, I held them to a 1-1 draw and was fully expecting them to pick me apart at the Emirates Stadium. It seemed my fears were coming true as Arsenal went 3-0 by halftime. However, after the break I pulled it back to 3-2, and had a goal disallowed that would have seen me through to the next round. They scored a late goal to make it 4-2 and end my European run for another year.

All-Ireland Cup:

I got revenge for last season's final defeat to Drogheda United by beating them 2-1 in this year's final.

The Board, Finances, etc.

My training facilities have been upgraded to "Top", so I can't complain anymore. icon_razz.gif

The stadium is being turned into an all-seater, which any overall expansion. I think this means I've hit the expansion limit for the stadium, so hopefully we'll build a new one next season. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

13 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 67th, 37.854

Nation Euro Coeff: 21st, 18.750

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 25/26 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Attila Gulyás

Fans' Player of the Year - Attila Gulyás

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

This year's Champions League campaign started with an easy couple of games against Estonian team Levadia. The first leg, away, finished 6-0 to Nortel, and a tidy 1-0 win in the second leg saw me through to the next round.

I was seeded for the first time for the third qualifying round, but I still got a tough tie against Dinamo Kiev. A 3-1 away win settled my nerves a bit, and I went on to win 7-4 on agg. after a 4-3 win at home.

For the group draw, I was once again seeded third and got my best draw yet: Valencia, Fiorentina and Zilina. I won 3-1 away to Fiorentina in the first game, which I was delighted with. This was followed up with a 2-0 loss to Valencia, then a 2-2 draw with Zilina, in a match I dominated. I got revenge in the next game, beating them 3-1 and then drew 2-2 with Fiorentina at home. In the final match, I held out against Valencia for a 0-0, which meant I qualified for the 1st knockout round for only the second time ever! icon_biggrin.gif

Due to finishing 2nd in the group, I got a tough tie against Arsenal in the next round. In the first leg, at home, I held them to a 1-1 draw and was fully expecting them to pick me apart at the Emirates Stadium. It seemed my fears were coming true as Arsenal went 3-0 by halftime. However, after the break I pulled it back to 3-2, and had a goal disallowed that would have seen me through to the next round. They scored a late goal to make it 4-2 and end my European run for another year.

All-Ireland Cup:

I got revenge for last season's final defeat to Drogheda United by beating them 2-1 in this year's final.

The Board, Finances, etc.

My training facilities have been upgraded to "Top", so I can't complain anymore. icon_razz.gif

The stadium is being turned into an all-seater, which any overall expansion. I think this means I've hit the expansion limit for the stadium, so hopefully we'll build a new one next season. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

13 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 67th, 37.854

Nation Euro Coeff: 21st, 18.750

Great season icon14.gif Hopeing I won't be far behind you in reaching the Premier Division. Just about to start my second season in the 2nd Division.

Haven't had much time to play recently and have only got through pre season in like 3 or 4 days so going to have a session on it now.

Will keep everybody posted icon_smile.gif

Update - SalPa - End of Season - 2013

Our second season in the top flight was a nightmare. We conceeded over 2 goals per game on average. We went on a run of 11 games before we got our first win. We also had a 13 game streak without a win at the end of the season. Our reputation must be as low as it can be udging by our 500-1 odds. Players prefer to sign for First Division teams and even on occasion 'Grey' teams than sign for us. Any player with a contract at another club is out of our reach as they would never leave any club for us.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Transfers

Finances

PLAYERS

Top Scorer - Patrik Lomski

Lomski for the forth year running.

My Player of the Season - Patrik Lomski

Patrik is the only player worth a mention this season

HIGHLIGHTS

I wish there was a highlight to the season.

LEAGUE

Odds / 500 - 1

Prediction - 13th

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

---------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

| 10 - KuPS --------- 26 - 10 -- 4 - 12 - 31 - 36 -- -5 - 34 |

| 11 - SalPa -------- 26 -- 3 - 12 - 11 - 37 - 56 - -19 - 21 |

| 12 - Honka -------- 26 -- 6 -- 3 - 17 - 42 - 70 - -28 - 21 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

| 13 - FC Inter ----- 26 -- 4 -- 7 - 15 - 27 - 46 - -19 - 19 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

| 14 - OPS ---------- 26 -- 1 -- 4 - 21 - 27 - 61 - -34 -- 7 |

</pre>

Well we survived on the last day of the season with our 2:1 win over OPS. It was our third win of the season with our others being aginst MyPa and again OPS. Patrik Lomski pretty much saved us as in the second to last game we were playing FC Inter and were 1:0 down when Lomski scored an injury time equaliser. Ive had at look at the other teams and it just seems that our players are not as good as theirs. I dont know what i can do about this as nobody wants to sign for us and some even prefer to sign for first division and 'grey' teams over signing for us. Anyway, bring on our third season in the top flight.

CUP

> 3:2 Warkhaus JK A Wed, 8.5.2012 Finnish Cup 4th Rnd

> 2:0 MuSa A Sun, 9.6.2012 Finnish Cup 5th Rnd

> 0:1 Tampere Utd H Wed, 19.6.2012 Finnish Cup 6th Rnd

</pre>

Once again eliminated by Tampere Utd. This time one round short of our boards expectations

FUTURE

Really need to look at strenthening my lacklustre defence. Our defence gets put to the sword too often and it is my main effort of this winter. I need at least two center halfs.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 3 - 12 -- 11 - 37 - 56 - -19 - 21 |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- 12 ---------- 26 -- 6 -- 5 -- 15 - 42 - 55 - -13 - 23 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 20 -- 3 --- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 | (Promoted)

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

------------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

------------------------

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 6th |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- Semi |

--------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

------------------------

</pre>

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

beat me to it, lol. Good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

sergent21, it took me a couple of seasons to get out of the Second Division. Good luck. icon14.gif

UGS - Challenge League - 10/11

Situation at the Winter Break

There seemed little to report during the Winter Break, 3 attackminded players joined and deadwood left.

It seemed to be a little more important than I first thought though as we scored 9 in our first 2 matches, 4 goals (+ 3 assists + 2MOMs) coming from our new young Italian AMC. Our new striker got one as well.

Admittedly 2 games later we lost 0-8 to St Gallen and then 0-5 to Thun after that but those were the only down points in the last 12 games; 5 wins and 25 goals being more than we had achieved in the previous 22 games and 16 points being the same. Yes, we also conceded 30 in those 12, but 13 of those came in 2 games.

That left the final table looking like this.

As you can see we did not move from 13th, but then again we did not move from 13th for most of the season.

St Gallen and Thun were ridiculously good and I am very thankful they won't be around next season. On the other side Bienne and Nyon were ridiculously bad, despite that we still managed to draw with each of them at home icon_rolleyes.gif.

Summary

Squad

Here are the "star" performers:

Best GK - David Gonzalez - finally signed when he left Sion having been on my shortlist since the beginning, apart from the 13 goals in 2 matches part he was ace, I might have finally found the GK I was looking for.

Best Defender - Reinhold Werner - the better of my 2 Liechtensteiners (they were my DC partnership for much of the season) from Vaduz, had a couple of horrid patches but mainly played well and am expecting similar this season

Best Winger - Ryan Rupp - the best player who was here all season, played nearly every match, skinned many a defender and was one of the first names on the teamsheet, should have won the Player of the Season award (Zeneli won it again despite being distinctly average for the most part)

Best Midfielder - Cristofo Cortesi - was got on a free in Jan, quite how he had gone 6 months since leaving St Gallen without interest I don't know. Played brilliantly, best player I have had so far, 4 goals in first 2 games, contributed loads, looking forward to seeing what he can do over a whole season

Best Striker - Saborio Alvaro - mentioned mainly as he top scored not because he was actually that brilliant, 7 of his 12 goals came in 3 matches, but for most of the time, he did not play great, hoping better arrives during the summer

On the youth front:

Landry, Berti- both played a bit, Berti a bit more, hardly set the world alight although Berti scored a few and occasionally looked very useful, same again next season but that might be their last one here

Pierre Weber- came thru last season and looked good straight away, for some reason I decided to give his debut in the cup match against Sion, but chucked him in for the last 4 matches of the season and he did pretty well, might play a bit more next season

The only definite need for the Summer is a left back as all I have is an average Italian and a dodgy youth; a DC or 2 and another striker would not go amiss either. Although obviously if there are players better than the ones I currently have, I will snap them up.

Finances - as you can see there is one sole reason we are not hundreds of thousands in debt. Unfortunately the prize money is currently only just covering our season's debts, hence a higher position and a lower wage bill would be nice. Loads of my first and second year players will be off which should help.

Best Eleven - very little change, as most of those did not play last season, in fact only 3 of those will be at the club next season, and I can't be sure that any will be first choice.

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

Dortmund (a) - Well this was the crucial game for us. A win would put us in a great position for the Uefa Cup spot. And what a game unfolded before us. 3-1 down at half time, to most observers it would seem our European journey was over. BUT they did not bank on my incredible tactical ploy icon_wink.gif. Seeing we were getting overrun by their AM I switched one midfielder to man mark him, which completely nullified anything they had in the first half. With that in place I brought on the legend Sinisa Lucic and combined with new boy (and a personal favourite of mine) Benjamin Ibric we tore them to pieces 2nd half! A memorable result for the Slavonija boys and one that will stick long in the memories of all the loyal fans that followed us to Germany icon14.gif

Elsewhere: Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona

Amazingly this result meant that if we beat Chelsea by 3 goals we'd qualify for the knockout rounds!

Chelsea (h) - So close to one of my all-time achievements. Having said that, beating Chelsea anyway is a hell of an achievement. We had our keeper Barlecaj to thank on numerous occasions and he picked up the MOM. Sinisa Lucic killed off their hopes of a revival after Baxter pulled one back, and despite not quite managing the 3 goal margin required we drop into the Uefa Cup. From this group I'm delighted with our performance icon14.gif

Elsewhere: Barcelona 2-1 Dortmund

and finally...

Cibalia were the only Croatian team to make the Uefa Cup group stage and unfortunately came 4th to end their European season. Not a bad effort at all though.

Final Group Table

Uefa Cup Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">West Ham vs Slavonija</pre>

So we meet West Ham again icon_rolleyes.gif Although from 3 games, we've won twice so the stats are with us. If we win this we'll face either Feyenoord or Man Utd. Looks like a tough route at this rate.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I'm not sure if this is allowed in this thread, but i've created a thread in the tactic's forum with my tactic, and the hows and whys about it serving me so well. For those of you struggling in this challenge, i really feel this could turn your team around (looking at bosko here icon_wink.gif just kidding)

This is the thread

If i shouldn't have put it in here, I'm sorry icon_frown.gif

but hopefully a few people can enjoy FM a lot more because of this tactic...

That's fine NepentheZ, it saves you from going into great detail with your tactic/formation in this forum. icon14.gif

Archived