Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - Season 2011-12 Mid Season Update

Well I'm top by 10 points ahead of TNS and I've won 16 and Drawn 1

Well Done icon14.gif keep it up.

Wish I could say the same about my team, but season ending soon, so updates shouldn't be too far away icon_cool.gif

well played... not that i'm jealous or anything... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Annihilator

What was/is your longest winning streak in the league? I know it's at least 30, due to the 30 win season, but I'd like to know what i'm up against.! I'm currently at win 23 in a row in the league, (7 this season, 16 last season), and just wanna know how far i gotta go icon_smile.gif

I have no idea man, I never looked at my winning streak. icon_frown.gif

And the winning streak in the History section of the team screen includes European matches, etc.

Update - SalPa - 2015 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

Fans Player of the Year - Patrick Lagerblom

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

Lagerblom the only inductee this year

Premier Division Team of the Year - Lomski & Kettunen

I dont understand how Lagerblom can be voted best attacker and Tukiainen best defender but not be selected in this

Young Player of the Year - Tony Levola

Attacker of the Year - Patrick Lagerblom

Premier Division Top Goalscorer - Patrick Lagerblom

Player of the Year - Patrick Lagerblom

Rookie of the Year - Samu Keskitalo (3rd)

Defender of the Year - Heikki Tukiainen

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Arto Halonen

The best player from this years intake

Nobody has been promoted to the first team squad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009-14)

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri won his first team place back last year as left back

Tapio Linna (2010-12)

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is considered to be the key man in the team by much of the media

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12)

Antti Holopainen (2012) - Antti is a very reliable back up player

Patrick Lagerblom (2014) - Player of the Season for the second year running, was 1 goal short of breaking the Premier Division record

TRANSFER INFO

No Transfers In

I did however sell Gustav Johansson for around £80k. i needed the money from the transfer. However my attempt to sign a replacement went wrong when the only player i was intrested in chose Honka over us

SEASON PREVIEW

Title Odds / 16-1

Media Prediction / 6th

If we have a good run of results the media think we can challenge for the title. The board want us to finish just behind the top teams gaining European qualification. I think we can win the league depending on results against Tampere Utd, MyPa-47 and TPS. Id like some silverware this season with maybe the League Cup of the Finnish Cup. Also were in Europe for the first time ever. I think its the UEFA cup which means the qualifying rounds are not untill towards the end of the Finnish season. This is the last season before we move to our new stadium "SalpPa Stadium" which the board announced in Jsnuary would be ready for next season and will hold a capacity of over 2700 and is costing £2.8 million to construct. The club has taken out a £2.1m loan to pay for this.

New Stadium Plans

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Annihilator

What was/is your longest winning streak in the league? I know it's at least 30, due to the 30 win season, but I'd like to know what i'm up against.! I'm currently at win 23 in a row in the league, (7 this season, 16 last season), and just wanna know how far i gotta go icon_smile.gif

I have no idea man, I never looked at my winning streak. icon_frown.gif

And the winning streak in the History section of the team screen includes European matches, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had a look through my results, and I actually had two 100% seasons in a row. I worked out my biggest League winning streak was 73. icon_eek.gif

thanks

you know how i was saying the season depends on results against the big three. Well i just walked through MyPa-47 3-0 at their ground on the first game of the season (League Cup). To be fair to them tho they had a player sent of in the first 10 minutes

73 games won on the trot, thats impressive. i think mine is 4 icon_smile.gif

Dinas Powys FC - Welsh Premier League - 09/10 - Season Review

That's Dinas Powys not Dinosaur Power as I kept referring to them...

Media Prediction: 18th

Actual Position: 3rd, 70pts

Played: 34, Won: 21, Drawn: 7, Lost: 6 Goals For: 80, Goals Against: 41, GD: +39

Table

The season opener was a terrifying opener, away to TNS, who soundly thrashed the new boys from Powys 6-2 and then... and then...

That was as bad as it got.

A draw, then a win away at Llanelli saw us go on a spree that saw the team go rocketing up the league pausing only occasionally with the odd slip and stumble. TNS were the only team to do the double over us as we took points off everyone, left right and centre until we stabilised in fourth and stayed their for the majority of the season.

The pivotal game of the season came with 3 games to go. Lying fourth one point behind Airbus whose final two games were against TNS and Llanelli; they had to visit Murchfield in what I had pretty much made up my mind was going to be the decider to see if I was in Europe or not and finish third.

Goals from Milton and Burns gave us a 2-0 win and we never looked back, clinching a, finally, comfortable 3rd and an invitation in to the InterToto Cup.

One season in and Dinas Powys were off for a European holiday.

Transfers

With a team running on empty bar a couple of youth players, the whole team was begged, borrowed and downright stolen from the free transfers list bar a Welsh U21 midfielder who came in on loan from Cardiff.

Everybody who has come in has been excellent, filling up the U19s and the main side nicely. Squad size is smallish but every position is well covered.

The picks have to be

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/wood0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/milton0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/gilmour0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/christie0809.jpg

Squad

09/10 Ambitions

i) Keep the squad together fending off the advances of some teams looking enviously at my flanks.

ii) Enjoy the InterToto - it's a pipe dream to think we'll get anywhere in it

iii) Shore up the floundering finances.

iv) Close the gap on TNS at the top of the league.

v) Some more stealing, wheeling and dealing in the free transfers to add some more strength to my squad

Beware, I was at like that in the first season, then I just went through a little dip in form and ended up second to TNS.

Well done though, hope you can hold on to it.

Brestnik - Season 2017/18

Inconsistent, nights in Rome and nights on the town. That was the story of the 2017/2018 season for Brestnik.

A busy summer saw no less than 9 new players join the club whilst some big names left. Diogo Rosado the wing-wizard of our previous season title success went to Brondby, Belgian left back Ringoot joined German side Rostock.

Pre-season saw a mini tour of San Marino and a win in the Bulgarian Super Cup against Naftex.

Our second Champions League campaign kicked-off against Austrian side Salzburg. A goalless first leg took us to Austria in optimistic mood, an early strike from Vito Plut who would go onto be the clubs top goalscorer was enough to see us through to the next stage.

A tie against Croatian giants Hajduk Split awaited us in the 3rd qualifying round. A 4-3 thriller gave us the advantage in Split and we followed it up with a 2-0 victory at home saw us through to the Group Stage for the first time!

Champions League Group D

Matchday 1 : Bayern Munich 2 Brestnik 0

Two goals in the first 6 minutes killed us of as we crumbled at the Allianz Arena.

Matchday 2 : Brestnik 1 Roma 1

An early goal from Petukov gave us a shock-lead against our Italian opponents, only a 94th minute equaliser, quite literally the last kick of the game denied us a famous victory!

Matchday 3 : Brestnik 3 Braga 0

Our first maximum points, a hat-trick from Plut sunk our Portuguese visitors.

Matchday 4 : Braga 1 Brestnik 3

A glorious night for the club! Braga must hate us, our first ever win in European football a few years back saw them stuffed 3-0 and it was a similar story here!

Matchday 5 : Brestnik 1 Bayern Munich 2

An early lead set us on our way but two goals from Asamoah Gyan meant it would go down to our final game in Rome!

Matchday 6 : Roma 1 Brestnik 1

Marco Andreolli headed the Italian giants ahead on 25 minutes to give us a disastrous start, but...we re-grouped at half time and soon after Plut found an equaliser. Despite throwing everything at the Italians, Roma held-out and qualified for the next round and ended our Champions League dreams for the this season!

Final Table

Elimination from the Champions League did though mean entry into the UEFA Cup, drawn against Weder Bremen we were cautiously optimistic. This optimism quickly was gone losing 5-1 and then 6-1 in the two legs.

Domestic League

Domestically we again failed to re-gain our title. This season has certainly been a learning curve though, the additional 6 Champions League games took their toll on the players and we could only eventually scrape a 4th place finishing.

Key Players

Mladen Busic - signed from Hajduk Split, Busic has developed into one of our most important players. Anderlecht and Rennes have both made bids which have been turned down.

Yuruk Erkan - signed from Bursaspor on a free transfer Erkan has filled the large boots of Rosado. Half a dozen goals and impressive performances in Europe resulted in him making his debut for the Turkish national side.

Viktor Petakov - winger Petakov was again a valuable source of goals.

Vito Plut - Slovenian Plut was again the clubs top goalscorer scoring 20 goals in all competition.

Elsewhere an honour for the club was the biggest rise of any club in the European Club Rankings as we moved up 145 places to 180th.

Club Info

Squad

Final Table

Transfers

Originally posted by dave safc:

Hey everyone, thought I'd join in on the challenge, albeit a bit later than most people icon_biggrin.gif

My profile

Good luck dave.

You might find it easier though just to give yourself a nickname when you're taking screenshots, rather than having to faff around blanking out your name each time.

Blanked out my second name if that's alright.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave safc:

Hey everyone, thought I'd join in on the challenge, albeit a bit later than most people icon_biggrin.gif

My profile

Good luck dave.

You might find it easier though just to give yourself a nickname when you're taking screenshots, rather than having to faff around blanking out your name each time.

Blanked out my second name if that's alright. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better.

First leg at their place, 2-2, Gilmore grabbing a 95th minute equaliser for us and kicking them in the nuts.

Damn I hate grey teams. 2 shots on goal, 2 goals... their strikes both have finishing < 5, composure < 7 and heading < 5 yet they're the Faroese version of Torres/Henry/whomever.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave safc:

My profile

Good luck dave.

Blanked out my second name if that's alright. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

This is harder than I was expecting, my team can't score to save their lives. We'll battle on though icon_cool.gif

Jimbo makes his first appearance in a while....

Following Gundo's example here are the nationalities of the Slavonija Squad:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Croatians - 33

Bosnians - 1

Brazilians - 1

Bulgarians - 2

Chileans - 1

Italians - 2

Romanians - 2

Serbs - 1

Slovenians - 1

Swedes - 1

</pre>

Important to note that not all of these count as foreign, as they've played in Croatia for 5 years or more icon14.gif

my fears have become reality, with 2 games in just as window looks to be shutting, 4 offers of £1M have come in for my playmaker Levyga, luckily i got him to sign a new contract, but in doing so i had to QUADRUPLE his wages icon_frown.gif ive set an asking price of £2.5M for him, i hate how my chairman steps in above £500k and accepts offers icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

Has anyone won the champions league yet?

No, but I've got REALLY good at losing to "grey" teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took a loss to one in the antrim cup last season. Borstards.

Annihilator

Thats a VERY impressive streak.! The "League" records should let you know the longest winning streak, and longest unbeaten run too. icon_wink.gif

I've currently won 37 in a row (16 last season, 21 out of 21 so far this season), and are unbeaten in 73. I'd be delighted if we went 100 unbeaten. Not a patch on your 350+ .. but still, an achievement icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by McNeil:

i hate how my chairman steps in above £500k and accepts offers icon_frown.gif

You could set his asking price to 0, that way you'll avoid receiving any transfer offers which would trigger the chairman's intervention, but that's like semi-cheating.

Originally posted by 442to445:

Dinas Powys FC - Welsh Premier League - 09/10 - Season Review

That's Dinas Powys not Dinosaur Power as I kept referring to them...

Media Prediction: 18th

Actual Position: 3rd, 70pts

Played: 34, Won: 21, Drawn: 7, Lost: 6 Goals For: 80, Goals Against: 41, GD: +39

Table

The season opener was a terrifying opener, away to TNS, who soundly thrashed the new boys from Powys 6-2 and then... and then...

That was as bad as it got.

A draw, then a win away at Llanelli saw us go on a spree that saw the team go rocketing up the league pausing only occasionally with the odd slip and stumble. TNS were the only team to do the double over us as we took points off everyone, left right and centre until we stabilised in fourth and stayed their for the majority of the season.

The pivotal game of the season came with 3 games to go. Lying fourth one point behind Airbus whose final two games were against TNS and Llanelli; they had to visit Murchfield in what I had pretty much made up my mind was going to be the decider to see if I was in Europe or not and finish third.

Goals from Milton and Burns gave us a 2-0 win and we never looked back, clinching a, finally, comfortable 3rd and an invitation in to the InterToto Cup.

One season in and Dinas Powys were off for a European holiday.

Transfers

With a team running on empty bar a couple of youth players, the whole team was begged, borrowed and downright stolen from the free transfers list bar a Welsh U21 midfielder who came in on loan from Cardiff.

Everybody who has come in has been excellent, filling up the U19s and the main side nicely. Squad size is smallish but every position is well covered.

The picks have to be

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/wood0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/milton0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/gilmour0809.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/FergusAlex/christie0809.jpg

Squad

09/10 Ambitions

i) Keep the squad together fending off the advances of some teams looking enviously at my flanks.

ii) Enjoy the InterToto - it's a pipe dream to think we'll get anywhere in it

iii) Shore up the floundering finances.

iv) Close the gap on TNS at the top of the league.

v) Some more stealing, wheeling and dealing in the free transfers to add some more strength to my squad

great first season there.... i suddenly feel like i'm the worst player in Wales!! icon_rolleyes.gif who cares!! i take comfort from the fact i was the first to take over a welsh club..... ha ha icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Annihilator

Thats a VERY impressive streak.! The "League" records should let you know the longest winning streak, and longest unbeaten run too. icon_wink.gif

I've currently won 37 in a row (16 last season, 21 out of 21 so far this season), and are unbeaten in 73. I'd be delighted if we went 100 unbeaten. Not a patch on your 350+ .. but still, an achievement icon_smile.gif

Oh snap, didn't know that. Just looked now and I was right with 73.

About your streaks, KUTGW. icon14.gif You gotta remember I'm a few seasons ahead, so you can easily reach the same numbers I have.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

great first season there.... i suddenly feel like i'm the worst player in Wales!! icon_rolleyes.gif who cares!! i take comfort from the fact i was the first to take over a welsh club..... ha ha icon_biggrin.gif

Just check out my one season in Iceland... somewhere on this page or the one before, this felt like compensation... I was owed some payback

Originally posted by mr susan:

FC Baulmes - Swiss Super League 10/11

Final Position: 8th

Swisscom Cup: Runners-up [FC Basel]

I don't really have an awful lot to say about this season. We never really looked in danger of relegation until May, and by then it was just a case of dragging ourselves over the finish line.

Our cup run was the main highlight, with us reaching the final after a favourable draw in every round. In the first round we faced non-leaguers FC Bure, in the second and third round Challenge League opposition in La Chaux de Fonds and Lausanne respectively, the Quarter-Final took us to Schaffhausen, who were relegated last season and finally in the Semis we faced our first Super League opposition, Servette.

An unexpected side effect of that cup run is a place in the UEFA Cup next season, so my first European campaign beckons. Still semi-pro however, but we'll see if this changes after the reset date. If not then we could be facing a hard season, unable to attract sufficient quality with Europe and strong ex Super League sides returning to the league next year. In addition, 3 first team regulars have decided that they're much too good for this tinpot club and signed contracts elsewhere. Thankfully they probably won't be missed - 2 FRED strikers that were responsible for our shocking goals tally (worst in the league) and a less than convincing defender... but on the other hand they were the best we had, and what if we can't attract any better?

FC Baulmes History:

2010/11: 8th Super League (National Cup EC Entry)

2009/10: 2nd Challenge League (Promoted)

2008/09: 5th Challenge League

Swiss UEFA Coefficient: 21.475 (18th) [ 1 | 3 | 1 | ]

Congratulations icon14.gif

No mean feat not only staying up in your first season but all whilst still semi pro as well.

And a European adventure to follow.

Think you could post a screenshot of your squad? Curious to see how the players in your game are doing in mine.

4th season in the Challenge League finished for me. Update to follow once I have written it.

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

Think you could post a screenshot of your squad? Curious to see how the players in your game are doing in mine.

FC Baulmes Squad (2011/12)

As you can see my team lost a lot of Swiss players on promotion to the Super League. Problem was, being semi-pro no Swiss players would consider us, so I was forced to go for a mix of North Americans and Australians. Now I'm pro it's much easier to attract home-grown talent, so perhaps in 3 or 4 years time the team might look very different.

I look forward to reading about you're 4th season, I hope it is good news icon14.gif

Meh, Maritimo from Portugal did for us in the 2nd Round of the InterToto, the gulf in class was huuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggeeeeeee.

Lost 0-1 at home and then 1-7 away, it was horrible :<

I consoled myself by picking up a regen striker who, dare I say it, might just turn out to be a little bit tasty.

Matthew Lee

UGS - Challenge League - 11/12

Situation at Winter Break

Very quiet Winter Break, a Paraguayan left winger was brought in as back up on a 6 month contract and I mutually terminated a DMC.

We started off with an unlucky defeat to Yverdon but a record-breaking 3 consecutive victories followed icon_cool.gif, albeit against teams below in the table. The run was soon ended by Delemont but for the first 8 games after the break we were an impressive 4-2-2, having only conceded 8 goals. Up to 10th and lurking behind Concordia in 9th.

It then went a bit wrong, 1 win in our last 5 games, 21 goals conceded icon_redface.gif. That said, if we had beaten Wil in our last match we'd have finished 10th. Instead it was 11th place for us.

So up one place from mid-season and relatively constant in mid-table for most of the season.

As you can see, defence remained a bit of a problem although that was excentuated by the final few games, over 2 a game conceded. Much more impressive upfront.

Summary

Squad

The "star" performers were:

Best GK / Defender - our defensive record does not promote any candidates in this category

Best Midfielder - Tibert Pont - one of the players I nabbed from Lausanne, and revelled in the AMC slot once Cortesi got injured, and did not move from it afterwards. Also casually picked up a monthly award I did not know even existed as it had never been mentioned in relation to any of our players before

Best Assister - Christofo Cortesi - as I mentioned previously I had very high hopes for him (10 in 12 last season) but overall I suppose he disappointed. Very little on the goalscoring front but that said, he created loads especially considering he was either injured or a back up for over half the season

Best Winger - Ludovic Delechat - been here since the first Winter Break, and not too sure what made him so awesome this season but awesome he was. Assists, many goals, and all round great play from the right wing. Really don't know how as his stats aren't great and my coaches think he is the 4th best MR at the club. Won the Player of the Season award

2nd Best Winger - Ryan Rupp - another great season on the left wing, even more goals and more assists than last season (a third of our league goals involved him), still first name on the teamsheet and I am hoping for no different this season

Best Striker - Tim Werner - one of the ex-Young Boys at the club, and the best. 14 goals is a pretty good return and 7 assists help as well, but he did disappear ocassionally for a couple of games (or 10 at one stage), would like a little bit of improvement from him this season but a similar return would do nicely

As for the youths, both Berti and Landry played little and have left the club, whilst Pierre Weber played the odd game here and there and probably will again next season.

I still need a left back as my only solution last summer was a 17yo loanee who was not that great (better at DC it turned out) so my less-dodgy-than-I-thought youth product and the average Italian played loads again. A DMC or 2 is a must otherwise my tactic will have to change as I currently have none. Another striker also would be nice.

Finances - a similar picture to last season although the desired lower wages and higher finish occurred which means we are comfortable, although that figure will approach zero as the season continues.

11/12 Best Eleven

All-Time Best Eleven - the arrival of Cortesi, Rupp and the only GK so far to actually make appearances in 2 seasons. None of the back four were even at the club last season so I suspect a couple of the current players might be moving up next year

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

Originally posted by mr susan:

FC Baulmes Squad (2011/12)

As you can see my team lost a lot of Swiss players on promotion to the Super League. Problem was, being semi-pro no Swiss players would consider us, so I was forced to go for a mix of North Americans and Australians. Now I'm pro it's much easier to attract home-grown talent, so perhaps in 3 or 4 years time the team might look very different.

Cheers icon14.gif

Interesting, I recognise Werro from him playing well against me and I actually signed Jauregui on FM06 whilst playing in Holland icon_biggrin.gif. Recognised the name straight away in my game when he was at Yverdon. And Ostojic spent 18 months with UGS as a very unused back-up (he played 45 minutes last season in the second last game and scored a goal) and is now looking for pastures new.

And obviously Duperret who my scouts still recommend even in 2012.

Assume all the NAs and Aussies are regens.

Must be great now being pro and suddenly the number of players interested rockets!

You can scout further afield as well?

Archived