Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

It's wonderful! I'm not sure exactly where we can scout now but there seem to be many more european countries available, I'll have to check the exact range. Also the trialist that can be seen in the screenshot would rather have stayed in his native Cote d'Ivoire at an amateur team than try out for us before, but as professionals he couldn't wait to jump on the plane!

Dusko Ostojic has been a useful player, especially since I converted him to a striker. He got something like 15 goals last season.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 27/28 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Attila Gulyás

Fans' Player of the Year - Attila Gulyás

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic News:

Just a small update to say that I am once again the only Pro team in the Irish Premier League. Linfield ran into financial difficulties and went back to Semi-Pro status, as did Glentoran a couple of seasons ago.

Champions League:

My qualifying campaign started in the 2nd qualifying round against KF Tirana. Following a tidy 3-0 agg. win by Nortel, I got Lillestrom in the 3rd round. I had beaten them twice the season before in the group stages, so I was confident of victory. A 4-0 home victory, then a 1-0 loss away were enough to see me through to the group stages.

Seeded 3rd once again, I got Porto, Juventus and Partizan Belgrade. The first game was in Belgrade, and I picked up a 3-0 win after an excellent performance. With Porto up next, I was just aiming for a draw - but I ended up losing 3-1. Two 1-1 draws in a row against Juventus, and another win over Partizan left me in a good position in the group, with 8 points and only one game left. Juventus played their last match against Partizan a week earlier than my match against Porto, and they duly won. This left me needing a draw against Porto to qualify for the next round. But Porto were way to strong for me and they won 4-2, sending me into the UEFA Cup once again.

Champions League Group Table

In the first knockout round of the UEFA Cup, there was an all-British tie with me getting Rangers. I lost the first leg 2-1 in Scotland, and I was happy to come away with an away goal. The return match in Belfast was probably one of the most bizarre results I've ever had, trouncing Rangers 9-1. This meant I went up against AC Milan in the second round. I managed to hold onto a 0-0 draw in the first leg at the San Siro, which I was delighted with. The return match in Belfast was a closely fought encounter, but Milan ultimately won 2-1 to progress to the next round (and eventually win the tournament).

All-Ireland Cup:

Had a fantastic season in this competition, with a 100% record for the first time. icon14.gif

The Board, Finances, etc.

The board agreed to another stadium expansion, but planning permission was blocked. icon13.gif

I also asked for the training facilities to be improved further, but they declined. icon_frown.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

15 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 35th, 58.368

Nation Euro Coeff: 21st, 18.000

Originally posted by mr susan:

It's wonderful! I'm not sure exactly where we can scout now but there seem to be many more european countries available, I'll have to check the exact range. Also the trialist that can be seen in the screenshot would rather have stayed in his native Cote d'Ivoire at an amateur team than try out for us before, but as professionals he couldn't wait to jump on the plane!

Dusko Ostojic has been a useful player, especially since I converted him to a striker. He got something like 15 goals last season.

I can imagine, I await the day when my scouts find a player who is at a club further than 150km away from Geneva icon_biggrin.gif. Unless they had already been released, all my players basically came from Sion, Lausanne, Servette or Young Boys!

Just started 12/13 season and we have won our first 4 games icon_eek.gif. 2 home against teams below last season but 2 away against higher placed teams icon14.gif.

With Young Boys (2 games, 1-10 record against them last season) and St Gallen (2 games, 2-15 record the season before icon_redface.gif) in the division we clearly have no chance of promotion but things seem to be on the way up.

Also, I sense Concordia might have problems, 4 games, 4 defeats, 9 goals conceded and yet their gk has still been MOM 3 times! (inc. against us)

To be fair to Ostojic, I never really gave him a chance, he arrived at the same time as Cortesi and hence rarely played in the first 6 months. I then foolishly offered him a 12 month extention as my coaches liked him, signed Pont and then he never got another look-in. He did have useful looking stats though.

Slavonija Champions League Update - 22/23

Just a quick one to let you know we're doing well in the group stage. A win in our 5th game will guarantee us qualification to the knockouts! icon14.gif I'm going to do an update once the group is done with screenshots as I've not been able to keep the updates to 'real-time'.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

Has anyone won the champions league yet?

No, but I've got REALLY good at losing to "grey" teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like the annoyance of 07 has not disappeared, beating the mighty, and losing to the no-namers, oh how fun icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nyva Ternopil mid season report 2009-10

Well with the 3 month winter break time here again, a chance to reflect on a very nice start to life with the big boys in Ukraine icon_smile.gif

I sit in 8th position in a 16 team Ukrainian High League, 2 points off 6th, 1 point behind 7th and joint points with 9th. The league leaders Shakhtar Donetsk, are starting to build a lead at the top of the division (4 pts clear of Dinamo Kiev with a game in hand) and a wopping 17 points clear of me and a game in hand). The other big names above me are Metalurg D, Metalurg Zp, Dnipro, Vorskla and Kryvbas, teams with in money terms, i couldn't compete with unless my chairman throws 10x the ammount of money at us he currently is, and lets face it he can't afford to icon_frown.gif

In other news I have been drawn with non league side Nafkom Brovary in the Ukranian Cup in the Quarter Finals, Dinamo Kiev were drawn with Shakhtar, so one of the big boys are going out here, Metalurg D, Dnipro, Shakhtar-3 and FC Lviv make up the rest of the competition, so with all going well and no upsets, Nyva Ternopil are on course for the semi-finals of the Ukranian Cup, and who knows maybe even go on to win the competition and make Europe through it, as being realistic, it is our ONLY chance of European football this season, and it is still a stab in the dark shot of winning icon_frown.gif but I will keep the faith in the boys, and hope we can do it!

i put a post in the bugs section due to the fact it seems i cant get any feeder clubs, (and couldn't get a parent club in lower league either!) i reckon this is a bug due to the fact i've had 3 feeder club requests rejected, and getting a club abroad as a feeder club to generate money has to be worthwhile? along with one to send youth out to gain experience? first time i've came across this problem icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Caerleon 1 - 0 Llanelli

at last!! we've beaten Llanelli!! icon_biggrin.gif

we've started the season pretty well and i feel quietly confident we might cross the divide and finish in the top 3 this year. my tactical change certainly seems to be helping...

Beating TNS and Llanelli are the sweetest feelings in the world.

Good luck breaking their grip!

Nyva Ternopil End Of Season 2009-2010 Report

Media Prediction - 13th

Final League Position 8th

Ukranian Cup - WINNERS!!!!!

Ukranian Competitions - Ukranian High League Ukranian Cup

Manager Information - Manager Info Stats manager overview

Records - Player Records Team Records

Nyva Ternopil Information - Team Info Squad finances

Player of the season - Ruslan Levyga This is now 2 year in a row he has taken my player of the season, he was the 2nd top goalscorer in the Ukranian High League this season, and my most consistent performer, grabbed the team together when we needed it, and gave that cutting edge to polish sides off when we looked like we wouldn't get the goal.

Season Summary

Great season, one which the lads are going to find it tough to follow up on, hopefully a push from the transfer market this season could see us challenge for a Uefa Cup spot by league finish, rather than Cup. Lost 2 key players of my side to Dnipro for a combined fee of £1.5M, the board thought the offers were to good to refuse for a club with not a great deal of cash about it. I reckon this will be the season i lose Levyga for about £1.4M, as he has quite a few clubs sniffing about him atm, and it is only a matter of time until the offer comes in, which i hope will be the cash the board need for a stadium upgrade icon_smile.gif but for next season i reckon we will be in the hunt for europe via league standing, either Inter-Toto-Cup or Uefa-Cup, but we are still years behind the 2 leaders, Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Annihilator

Great season mate icon14.gif

Just looking through your records there icon_biggrin.gif

You - Record wins = 36

Me - Records wins = 35

You - No lose = 41

Me - No lose = 37

I'm close icon_smile.gif

Well done on the All-Ireland Cup, unlucky in the CL. 1 point off icon_frown.gif , next season,eh.

Thanks! You are indeed getting close to those, KUTGW. icon_biggrin.gif

Ghostwriter A pretty steady season all in all. You seem to be improving every season. Good luck next year.

bnek Cracking result against bnek icon14.gif

Annihilator Good season, especially your thumping of Rangers. Tough draw to get AC Milan, but you certainly weren't disgraced.

rlipscombe icon_biggrin.gif You beat Llanelli, well done mate. icon_wink.gif

McNeil A good season in the League, but what a cup run icon14.gif That's a very good achievement and guarantees European footabll next season. Keep it up icon14.gif

Skjetten Fotball 2017

European Competition

Well this saw us enter the Champions League Group stage for the very first time. The draw was tough! The results went as follows:

Werder Bremen 3-1 Skjetten

Skjetten 1-2 Barcelona

Marseille 2-0 Skjetten

Skjetten 1-0 Werder Bremen icon_eek.gif

Barcelona 3-1 Skjetten

Skjetten 0-0 Marseille

So we finished 4th in our group icon_frown.gif I must say i am pleased with the boys getting a win and a draw at this stage. The biggest difference was our finishing, we couldn't icon_rolleyes.gif

The other issue was our away form, we conceded 8 goals and scored just the 2! As it was our first efforts i wasn't too disappointed. Sadly, that is the end of our European challenge for this year.

Norwegian Premiership

We managed to defend our title and won with 2 games to spare. We scored 71 goals in our 26 games and only conceded 18! Amassing 8 more points than last season.

Top goal scorer was Rignstad for us and assists was Amorim. The goals were well spread amongst the team and losing so many players mid-season doesn't help icon_rolleyes.gif

This at least means we're back in the qualification rounds of the Champions League.

Nowegian Cup

Annoyingly we lost in the semi's 3-2 to a team we could have easily beaten. I'm not looking for excuses but we had 9 players on International duty and 2 suspended icon_rolleyes.gif

Players

Sorry no screenies at the moment icon_frown.gif

Ringstad was back on form and deservedly won the Norwegian Premier Division Player of the Year. He said it was gtreatly down to his manager icon_wink.gif This form bought him into the Norwegian squad, but sadly no cap as of yet. He's only 24 and has scored over 220 League goals for the club which is pretty good icon14.gif

My best signing was Amorim my Brazilian ST who finished his first season with 22 goals and 18 assists. Not a bad first season really icon_cool.gif

I have 4 in the Norwegian squad, 2 who play regularly (Voll and Halvorsen) and 2 in the squad (Ringstad and Paulshus). With the exception of Stian, they all feel they've achieved all they can and want out. As does Diallo my Ivorian DC icon_rolleyes.gif

Somehow i've managed to get in 4 Italian U21 players (my scout has been awesome) who've just won the European champs. I've also got 3 French guys (One who who has dual Nationality) all who have representative homours.

Hopefully i won't be losing too many more players, but you never know. On a real positive note, i've just received £3.2mil for a 40% sell on clause for Aune who left last season. Not bad as i got £4 mil up front for him too icon_cool.gif

Might need to invest that in some quality players. I need a top class keeper and Left back, maybe a few squad players too.

Hopefully, i post screenies later tonight, but can't guarantee it because of training!!

icon_biggrin.gif

cookie, not only did i beat Llanelli, but i' also top of the league after 6 games! icon_eek.gif my only disappointment with the Llanelli win is that i didn't break their 60-odd undefeated run, which went on the opening day.. icon_frown.gif that would have made it even sweeter! icon_biggrin.gif

i have to put alot of my form down to a change in fortune. i saught guidance on my tactics, and have created my own 4-4-2 formation that is defensively solid, whilst creating plenty of chances. my overall competitive record so far this season (including cups) is 8-1-0, with the draw coming away in the opening league game. i think in 6 league games we've scorded 9 or 10, and conceded 2.

i really hope that i can continue this form and mount a title challenge.

cookie, not only did i beat Llanelli, but i' also top of the league after 6 games! icon_eek.gif my only disappointment with the Llanelli win is that i didn't break their 60-odd undefeated run, which went on the opening day.. icon_frown.gif that would have made it even sweeter! icon_biggrin.gif

i have to put alot of my form down to a change in fortune. i saught guidance on my tactics, and have created my own 4-4-2 formation that is defensively solid, whilst creating plenty of chances. my overall competitive record so far this season (including cups) is 8-1-0, with the draw coming away in the opening league game. i think in 6 league games we've scorded 9 or 10, and conceded 2.

icon_frown.gif

Llanelli are 9-2-0 here and romping away with it. Still, I was one of the '2' and put them out of the FAW cup

Sounds promising icon14.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Sounds promising icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fingers crossed.....

442to445 - llanelli romped the league in my game each of the last 3 seasons... no one could get close to them. keep the faith, the mighty can be toppled......

Brestnik Season 2018/19

We're back!

Seven goals was the difference between us and Levski Sofia. Both sides won 22, drew 5 and lost3. We beat them 3-1 at their place and they beat us 3-1 at our place! With two games to go they were 2 points clear, whilst we defeated Dunav and Loko Plovdiv, Levski dropped points against Pirin, the 3-1 victory against Loko our fierce rivals was doubly sweet as it condemned them to relegation!

In Europe we progressed through the group stage of the Euro Cup defeating Linfield, Cracovia, Spartak Moscow, Blackburn, Nacional and Fiorentina along the way before going out to Galatasary despite winning in Istanbul 4-3 on aggregate.

Domestically we again added the Bulgarian Super Cup in pre-season and the Bulgarian FA Cup with an easy victory over Belasitsa.

Financially we all now living with in our means following the expansion of the stadium and improvement in training and youth facilities.

Keymen

Antonio Russo - £700,000 , a club record was spent on the Italian striker who arrived from Slavia Sofia. Thirty-two goals later Russo proved his lofty pricetag was justified!

Martial Riff - the Frenchman arrived for a nominal fee but exceeded all expectations at the heart of the midfield.

Milen Angelov - the 22 year old has showed potential for years in his brief cameo appearances in previous season, this though was the season he came to prominance partnering Jarabica in defence.

Marek Stech - a proven goalkeeper was needed, Marek Stech was that man. Stech kept 13 clean sheets and became the first goalkeeper to score for us!

Info

Squad

Transfers

Coefficients

Club 103rd 26.597

Nation 20th 20.000

Brestnik Honours

3 x Bulgarian Titles

4 x Bulgarian Cup Winner

2 x Bulgarian Super Cup

Group Stage Update

So after knocking out AZ Alkmar, we were drawn in a group alongside Rangers, Spartak Moscow and Valencia. Realistically I thought we could get a top two position and qualify for the knockout stage.

Rangers (a) - Hell of a game to start the group off. The goalscoring was back and forth but we showed great resilience to withstand the final 10 minute battering at Ibrox. Another good European away win and it looked as though our remarkable performances from years gone by outside of Croatia were returning! So 4-3 win to start icon14.gif

Spartak (h) - I expected 3 points, Spartak were not particularly good and we needed to get off to a good start at home - thankfully we did this and ended up with a resounding victory.

Valencia (h) - The big game of the group, we hadn't played them since 2020 where we were heavily defeated in the Champions League semis 9-3. This match looked to be heading down the same route as Peter Janza scored a first half hattrick! Not good. However with a tactical switch, and a half time rollocking, we came out the stronger side. Sadly for us Georgi Panayotov's brace wasn't enough to get a point and we lost 3-2 icon13.gif. It's worth noting that Valencia boast two of my former players - Maurizio Paoletti and Alexander Daniels who they paid a combined £50million for!

Valencia (a) - The return leg promised to be an intriguing game, especially after our rousing 'semi' comeback in the home game. The first half was slightly disappointing and that man Peter Janza scored again icon_mad.gif. The second half was a different story though as we kept the ball and carved out a few chances. On the hour mark it all went a bit crazy as Lucic kicked off the comeback. 2 further goals in 7 minutes made it 3-1 to us, and that's how it stayed...a superb win at the Mestalla to all but guarantee our qualification!

Rangers (h) - This game turned out to be far trickier than expected and for a while it really did look as though we'd let Rangers right back into the hunt. Joy erupted around the Slavonija Stadium though in the 78th minute as club captain Ante Cindric smashed home his first goal of the season to bring us back level. A powerful strike from Niko Friscic wrapped it all up for us and we had safely qualified for the knockouts. Valencia also suprisingly lost to Spartak which meant we could qualify top of the group!

Spartak (a) - A fun game to end the group! Goals were aplenty and we could have quite easily won the game. However it was a mixture of 1st team and fringe players and we ended up drawing 3-3 in an exciting match. Bring on the knockouts, as us and Valencia qualified from the group.

We have been drawn against Porto in the next round, not too bad a draw. Some of you will remember Slavonija taking on and losing to them at the quarter final stage of the Uefa Cup 5 years ago! Some revenge needs to be had...

Well i'm in the money at the moment!

Novica Lekic who signed on a free transfer two years ago from Zeta obviously impresses Maccabi Tel Aviv on his full debut for us enough to make the Israeli's spend £2.5m on him!

Also Marco Bucci, signed for 24k from Litex has gone to Bologna after just 15 games for us for £3m!

Originally posted by sergent21:

Managed to make our second final of the season.

My second in Intermediate cups this season icon_biggrin.gif

Will post the score once game played in a bit icon_cool.gif

C'mon Killyleagh icon14.gif

Turned out to be a comfortable victory

Was quite sceptical going into the game seeing as they only had 1 player, the rest being "grey" and with my record against "greys" it was anybodies, but my team stuck to the task, and also maintain a now 9 match winning streak icon_smile.gif

2 League games left, season update will be soon icon14.gif

1st Knockout Round

Porto (a) - Wow! Simply a great result...from start to finish we dominated the game and fully deserved the victory. Lucic was MOM and played superbly. With such a strong result I fully expect us to qualify for the Quarters now.

Porto (h) - Well job done, we're through. I would have preferred a win but after the 3-0 away from home I'm in no position to complain. Our European adventure continues and we're facing Inter Milan in the Quarters. We are unbeaten from the 2 times we've played them in the past (including the famous 5-4 win at the San Siro icon_cool.gif)

Originally posted by iacovone:

1st Knockout Round

Porto (a) - Wow! Simply a great result...from start to finish we dominated the game and fully deserved the victory. Lucic was MOM and played superbly. With such a strong result I fully expect us to qualify for the Quarters now.

Porto (h) - Well job done, we're through. I would have preferred a win but after the 3-0 away from home I'm in no position to complain. Our European adventure continues and we're facing Inter Milan in the Quarters. We are unbeaten from the 2 times we've played them in the past (including the famous 5-4 win at the San Siro icon_cool.gif)

good luck iacovone... i am a fan of Inter, but i hope you stuff them!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers for the well-wishing guys, I had no idea Slavonija were so loved icon_wink.gif

Quarter Finals

Inter (h) - So the big home game first. 30k fans flocked to see us take on the big boys of Italian football and what a disappointment, we were well and truly battered! I don't know what it was (perhaps not giving a pre match media response?) but we just didn't get out of first gear. I suppose we can be thankful it was just the 1. And after all, we ARE better away from home in Europe anyway...could it all be set up for a magnificent ending? Can we repeat the heroics of the 5-4 all those years ago??? Oooh the suspense... icon_razz.gif

Killyleagh Y.C - Northern Ireland Division 2 - 2009-2010 - Season 2

This was it in my eyes. The season where we had to go up and get into Division 1.. It was a must..

The season started off okay with a couple of good results, coupled with a few poorer results. I then got on trial a couple of south sea islanders, which my scout said a few were Premier Division standard. Chris Taylor being the best of them, check out his goals to games ratio.. icon14.gif

Anyway back to the league, where the Championship wnet down to the last day. We had secured promotion in the penultimate game, but had a chance in the last game to be crowned champions. Whilst I was winning my final game Oxford United Stars were struggling and only managed a draw, thus meaning I won the league on goal difference. Also heres the positional graph for the season, where as you can see spent a lot of the season in second, chasing the Stars.

Here's the squad which secured the promotion, with an average age of 19, I have huge hopes of this team..

Plans for next season..

1) Keep the same squad, but ask my board for some extra wages, and try to tie them all down to full time contracts. Not sure if it'll work, but we'll have a go

2) Gain a second consecutive promotion (easier said than done)

As a side note I won the last 12 games, which proves the team gelled well and I hope to keep the run going into next season.

Good luck everybody, hope everybody is having as much fun as me in this challenge icon14.gif

Quarter Finals 2nd Leg

Inter (a) - I...don't...believe....it.... icon_frown.gif

Words can't really describe this one...played well, took our chances and then succumbed to the ultimate sucker punch. A 94th minute winning goal for Inter. The San Siro erupts, and I crumple to the floor - absolutely devastating. icon13.gif

The dreams over for another year.....

Quarter Finals 2nd Leg

Words can't really describe this one...played well, took our chances and then succumbed to the ultimate sucker punch. A 94th minute winning goal for Inter. The San Siro erupts, and I crumple to the floor - absolutely devastating. icon13.gif

That's got to hurt! icon_frown.gif

Head up though iacovone, you are getting closer and closer... icon14.gif

Quarter Finals 2nd Leg

Ahhhhhh. Gutted. So close.!

Sergent21 - Nice season, but the league graph you have is from your previous season icon_rolleyes.gif

Quarter Finals 2nd Leg

Cheating Italian...!

*ahem* My Scottish side needed to get that out. Unlucky iacovone so damn close - liike gundo said though, you're within touching distance! Push on!

You'll do them next year! icon14.gif

AFC Dodu Bucuresti End Of Season Report 08/09

League - Media prediction - 14th

Actual position - 14th

Romanian Cup - Board Expectations - 2nd Rnd

Actual Finish - 4th Rnd

Records and Info. - Club Info

Squad

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

The main focus of the league was to survive. Thankfully we achieved the target but my strikers were firing blanks and the rest of the team didn't actually help out with many goals. This will hopefully be something that wil change next season with new signings that i have managed to secure from the Romanian 1st League, i have mainly been able to get these because i am in fact already professional! The league went down to the wire and it was still possible to have been relegated on the last day of the season however i won the last game putting my mind at ease.

The Romanian Cup certainly helped out my finances over the course of the season. I was slowly working my way into debt at the start of the season but with 3 games away at non-league teams i happened to be drawn in the first round that the 1st Leaguers come in and the game was played at a neutral ground meaning that i got a whole lot of revenue from it. The only problem was that i lost that game subsequently ending any big money winning games and i again slowly trickled down into debt again towards the end of the season.

The board are giving me another 3 seasons, by which time they want the second division WON!

I don't have many exciting prospects in the team, apart from my 6k record signing of a Ukraine centre mid Roman Duda.

Also I have decided that i am going to do a Bucharest team watch because they are a quite a few that play in the leagues.

1st League:

- Dinamo Bucharest - 07/08 finished 3rd

- 08/09 finished 6th

- Rapid Bucharest - 07/08 finished 2nd

- 08/09 finished 1st

- Steaua Bucharest - 07/08 finished 1st

- 07/08 finished 2nd

2nd League Group 1:

- Progresul Bucharest - 07/08 finished 9th

- 08/09 finished 9th

- Sportul Bucharest - 07/08 finished 7th

- 08/09 finished 12th

2nd League Group 2:

- Dodu Bucuresti - 07/08 finished N/A

- 08/09 finished 14th

The non-league sides from Bucharest i feel may start to flood into the second league now, the teams that may get promoted are:

- Rocar Bucharest

- Inter Gaz Burcharest

- Juventus Bucharest

- Poli Tim Bucharest

- SF M.Lacatus Bucuresti

- Aversa Bucuresti

Originally posted by cookie15:

Skjetten Fotball 2017

European Competition

Well this saw us enter the Champions League Group stage for the very first time. The draw was tough! The results went as follows:

Werder Bremen 3-1 Skjetten

Skjetten 1-2 Barcelona

Marseille 2-0 Skjetten

Skjetten 1-0 Werder Bremen icon_eek.gif

Barcelona 3-1 Skjetten

Skjetten 0-0 Marseille

So we finished 4th in our group icon_frown.gif I must say i am pleased with the boys getting a win and a draw at this stage. The biggest difference was our finishing, we couldn't icon_rolleyes.gif

The other issue was our away form, we conceded 8 goals and scored just the 2! As it was our first efforts i wasn't too disappointed. Sadly, that is the end of our European challenge for this year.

Norwegian Premiership

We managed to defend our title and won with 2 games to spare. We scored 71 goals in our 26 games and only conceded 18! Amassing 8 more points than last season.

Top goal scorer was Rignstad for us and assists was Amorim. The goals were well spread amongst the team and losing so many players mid-season doesn't help icon_rolleyes.gif

This at least means we're back in the qualification rounds of the Champions League.

Nowegian Cup

Annoyingly we lost in the semi's 3-2 to a team we could have easily beaten. I'm not looking for excuses but we had 9 players on International duty and 2 suspended icon_rolleyes.gif

Players

Sorry no screenies at the moment icon_frown.gif

Ringstad was back on form and deservedly won the Norwegian Premier Division Player of the Year. He said it was gtreatly down to his manager icon_wink.gif This form bought him into the Norwegian squad, but sadly no cap as of yet. He's only 24 and has scored over 220 League goals for the club which is pretty good icon14.gif

My best signing was Amorim my Brazilian ST who finished his first season with 22 goals and 18 assists. Not a bad first season really icon_cool.gif

I have 4 in the Norwegian squad, 2 who play regularly (Voll and Halvorsen) and 2 in the squad (Ringstad and Paulshus). With the exception of Stian, they all feel they've achieved all they can and want out. As does Diallo my Ivorian DC icon_rolleyes.gif

Somehow i've managed to get in 4 Italian U21 players (my scout has been awesome) who've just won the European champs. I've also got 3 French guys (One who who has dual Nationality) all who have representative homours.

Hopefully i won't be losing too many more players, but you never know. On a real positive note, i've just received £3.2mil for a 40% sell on clause for Aune who left last season. Not bad as i got £4 mil up front for him too icon_cool.gif

Might need to invest that in some quality players. I need a top class keeper and Left back, maybe a few squad players too.

Hopefully, i post screenies later tonight, but can't guarantee it because of training!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Good first attempt. icon14.gif Congrats on another domestic title, very impressive. icon14.gif And on top of that Stian Ringstad doesn't want out! Superb. icon14.gif

Archived