Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 442to445:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

It is with great sadness Dinas Powys manager, 442; following his noble counterpart rlipscombe at Caerleon, has put his game in the Welsh Leagues on hold citing 'an uncompetitive league and the fact it was never going to be financially viable in the long term'.

It might be the same for me if I don't make some progress in Europe within the next few seasons.

I had an awesome Turkish save in FM07, so I'm tempted to try this challenge out there if I drop my N.Ireland game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked out the Russian and Croatian Leagues but neither appealed to me.

Having a look at the Greek leagues now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

careful, looks like you've upset iacovone!! icon_wink.gif

good luck in your new game 442, wherever it may be... icon14.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

The Croatian league didn't appeal to you?! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Good luck in the group Gundo! And CoachFlu I reckon you've got that next tie under control, solid 5-2 aggregate win is my prediction! icon14.gif

I'd be tempted to have a crack at this challenge in Croatia at some point and the reason... Mainly because of Man City's Croatian Legend - Vedran Corluka. icon_cool.gif

UEFA Cup Group E

Olympiakos (a)

Roma (a)

Man City (h)

AZ Alkmaar (h)

An interesting group I think you'll agree and a tricky looking away game at the Stadio Olympico, Roma. I'm jsut abit gutted we didn't get the chance to visit Eastlands. If we can get results against AZ and Olympiakos then we may have a chance. icon14.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

442to445 - Good luck, Hard luck and unlucky. Whichever order you want them in icon_wink.gif

Stupid me icon_smile.gif - Didnt refresh and assumed your tranfer embargo was the last post icon_smile.gif

Good luck being Slavonija..!! You've got a lot on to match the achievments of rlip..!! Wishing you well.

Knockbreda 2020/21 Update

Paul Wallace - Started the season immensely, scoring 53 goals in 25 games before running into a series of injuries icon_frown.gif - Currently has 59 goals in 33 games, (6 goals in 8 games since injury problems) - and is out for another week. icon_frown.gif

Paul Wallace - On a brighter not signed a new 5 year deal, which will run out when he is 33 years old, and also managed to knock in his 600th goal for knockbreda this season.

I've just won the league for the 8h time in a row, with, erm, 8 games remaining (30 game season icon_smile.gif )

Originally posted by Gundo:

Uefa group stages here I come! icon_smile.gif

That's after a fine 2-1 aggregate win over Hibernian (a grey team, bar one player) in the first round. icon14.gif

welldone mate, i knocked out Wigan on route to the group stages, but my luck ran out there with just 1 point from it lol icon_razz.gif lets hope this seasons CL assault goes to plan icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

The skin's Dynamic - to be found at http://community.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?showtopic=25642

About Szabo, I slapped a 10 million asking price on him to stem the constant flow of offers and enquiries. He finally got fed up, asked for a move and wouldn't renew his contract, so I decided to offer him around for a silly price. The move was yet another proof for how screwy the transfer system in FM is; I first offered him around for 10 million upfront, and all I got were uniform bids of 1.4 million upfront + a 20% sell-on clause. Next, I offered him for 10 million in 24 installments and I got bids of 7.25 million upfront + 30% sell-on + friendly from the same clubs.

His stats were good but didn't justify such a high transfer fee; he probably has a very high PA, so the AI is willing to spend so much on a 22-year-old kid.

Thanks for that. icon14.gif Upto now I've been fine with the default skin but this really caught my eye.

Originally posted by 442to445:

Right okay... I give in, fate is conspiring against me and I just plain suck in general... what a rubbish day...

Croatian Profile.

If this goes ***s up I'm blaming iacovone.

Oh you hero...I could kiss you!! Enjoy the beautiful scenery in Croatia, I know you'll love it.

Another one over to the dark side...mwah hahahaha!! icon_razz.gif

Chmel Blsany - Czech Second League - Season 2008-09

right, so a little update to set the scene as i am nearing the end of pre-season, and have just played my first competitive game, in the Czech F.A. Cup. (i apologise now for no screenshots, but i wasn't able to do so last night...)

i have to say i am pretty pleased with the squad i have built for the coming season. i have to admit that i have taken a number of players in on loans in an attempt to 'maximise our potential' for the new season. i won't however be totally relying on these players, as i have signed a number of players as well. the loans are there to give me a competitive squad. my record signing, who's cost me £130k, has scored 6 in 3 friendlies, and also scored in our cup game. i have high hopes!!

i aim to play an attacking formation this season and have set myself out in pre-season in a 4-2-4 formation with two attacking wingers. i feel i've been posessed by the spirit of Kevin Keegan!! icon_biggrin.gif (the 1st coming that is..... icon_wink.gif )

pre-season has gone pretty well, and i won my first competitive game, against Admira Prague, 3-1 away, which is encouraging.

the media expectation for this season is for us to finish 8th (out of 16), and the board are hoping for a top-half finish. i have similar expectations and feel we might have an outside chance of promotion... that's the kiss of death then!!

Slavonija Champions League Update - 23/24

Arsenal (h) - Our toughest opponent in the group and we came away with a very respectable draw. It is very rare that we keep a clean sheet in Europe, and to do it against a top side like Arsenal is an even bigger testament to the strength of my defence this year. I honestly think we have the stongest defence, midfield, and forward line seen at the club since I've been in charge icon_smile.gif.

Villarreal (a) - A great win in a game we needed to take something from. Another clean sheet and we looked very dangerous on the break. Bravo.

Monaco (a) - Despite going 1-0 up, this turned out to be a very disappointing game for us. In spite of our possession advantage we carved out very few clear cut chances and were made to pay by a clinical Monaco forward called Larionov. A frustrating game, and one we must avenge in the return game if we are realistically looking at qualification.

Table:<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Monaco pts: 7

Slavonija pts: 4

Villarreal pts: 3

Arsenal pts: 2 :eek:</pre>

Looks like a promising start rlipscombe, can we see a screenshot of the 130k forward?

yeah, i will do when i get home tonight... might pick out a few players to watch as well.

looks like a decent chance of getting out of that group...

With 2 home games and 1 away, I should get through. Look forward to the screenshots.

You should beat Villareal at home, probably monaco too, that should be enough, snag another point against le Arse'nal and it's a no contest.

Slavonija preseason update in a bit.

Hi,

Like the look of this challenge and want to join up. Im really not sure what league to start in though any advice? I want to pick a team with good colours, like green or yellow or something lol.

Im thinking about Russia, Austria, Ukraine or Romania but im not sure and open to suggestions.

Originally posted by mattbuck:

Hi,

Like the look of this challenge and want to join up. Im really not sure what league to start in though any advice? I want to pick a team with good colours, like green or yellow or something lol.

Im thinking about Russia, Austria, Ukraine or Romania but im not sure and open to suggestions.

Anything but Wales! It's horrible!

*ahem*

How about Croatia?

Hi,

Welcome to the challenge!! all of the leagues you have mentioned only have 1 or 2 playing in them, so i'm not sure how much advice you could get on them (especially kits!!) i think those playing in russia and ukraine are having some success, although they're struggling to break the dynamo kiev/shakhtar or CSKA stranglehold...

i dabbled in romania a bit and was manager of a team playing in yellow... they were called Baia Mare.

my best advice would be to load up the leagues you're looking at, and look at the competitions involved, no. of promotion/relegation places etc... once you've chosen, run the holiday for a season, to stop just before the re-set date. then keep reloading until you find a team you like. look at their information screen for info on repurations, finances, training facilities, ground size etc to help you choose.

once you've done that, keep us up to date on how you're getting on!!

good luck icon14.gif

Why Croatia? icon_smile.gif

there's a few players that think croatia is the place to be... icon_wink.gif i could be biased also and sway you towards the czech republic. others will suggest norway... depends on where they are playing.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattbuck:

Hi,

Welcome to the challenge!! all of the leagues you have mentioned only have 1 or 2 playing in them, so i'm not sure how much advice you could get on them (especially kits!!) i think those playing in russia and ukraine are having some success, although they're struggling to break the dynamo kiev/shakhtar or CSKA stranglehold...

i dabbled in romania a bit and was manager of a team playing in yellow... they were called Baia Mare.

my best advice would be to load up the leagues you're looking at, and look at the competitions involved, no. of promotion/relegation places etc... once you've chosen, run the holiday for a season, to stop just before the re-set date. then keep reloading until you find a team you like. look at their information screen for info on repurations, finances, training facilities, ground size etc to help you choose.

once you've done that, keep us up to date on how you're getting on!!

good luck icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, thats really good advice. Ill start running some tests now and come back with some answers soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattbuck:

Why Croatia? icon_smile.gif

there's a few players that think croatia is the place to be... icon_wink.gif i could be biased also and sway you towards the czech republic. others will suggest norway... depends on where they are playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just call me Darth Long-Ball

Ok i have decided to use the greek league. The first team's colours i was drawn to were GS Niki Volou. A Nice mix of while, and light blue with a yellow third kit. I think the team has some potential, although avoiding relegation looks tough. I am predicted to finish 17th, which is one place from the bottom of the league, none of my players are worth anything bar one or two which i find a little odd but eh!

I have told the board i should just be able to avoid relegation. With my English nationality i hope to bring some decent English players over once/if i am allowed to scout abroad.

Manager Shot

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8969/managervb3.jpg

Team Info

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9417/inforu5.jpg

If i have missed anything out, please let me know as i am about to start.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2020/21 (Season 13) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin - the "Knockbreda Stadium" will be expanded by 1264 seats taking the total capacity to just over 6500. icon14.gif

Also - For the first time EVER, Knockbreda managed to win the All Irelnad Cup, gaining my first ever win over Drogheda in the semi-final, (after 18 attmepts at trying to beat them), and beating Cork City in the final, buy a very positive 3 goals to 1. icon_biggrin.gif

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Champions League - Qual. 1st Round (Last year, 1st Round)

Irish Cup - Winner (Last year, Winners)

League Cup - Winner (Last year, Winners)

Antrim Cup - Winner (Last year, Winners)

All Ireland Cup - Winner (Last year, Semi-Final)

N. Irish Premier Division - League Graph | League Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (Down 1) | Knockbreda (Down 9)

Awards -

Ant Dunphy - Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Paul Wallace - N. Irish Player of the Year

Ronnie Lockheart - Young Player of the Year

Paul Wallace - Top Goalscorer (League, 38)

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Player Records

Team Records

Team Stats (Season)

Team Info

Superstar's -

Paul Wallace - another amazing season with 72 goals this term. And if it wasn't for a total of 9 weeks injury this season, (including missing January, the biggest match month of the year), he could have easily beaten his 88 of last season.

Season Summary

I'm starting to enjoy this more and more.! I've now conquered the All Ireland Cup too, so now all i need to do is make it further in the Champions League.!

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 482

Goals: 617

Assists: 197

MotM: 173

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 639

Won - 454

Drew - 82

Lost - 103

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 9

Club Co-Efficient, 543rd

Nation Co-Efficient, 46th

Actually before i start i have a question, on the first page the rule says this.

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the “Get scout report†button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

Does this mean i can use player search to get new players, or must i only attempt to sign/trial players that my scouts find?

Actually before i start i have a question, on the first page the rule says this.

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the “Get scout report†button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

Does this mean i can use player search to get new players, or must i only attempt to sign/trial players that my scouts find?

you can't use the player search facility... only the players that appear in your player search, or found by your scouts. or recommended signings. that way it makes it more realistic to real life.....

Scouting Guidelines

you can't use the player search facility... only the players that appear in your player search, or found by your scouts. or recommended signings. that way it makes it more realistic to real life..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see.... So i just want to check so i dont go cheating but i can......

Go into my team's player search and use the filters to search for a suitable player, i however cannot type in some random players name into quick search and sign them? So i can only sign players that appear in my player search? Obviously this will increase the list the more i scout etc.

Is this all correct? Sorry if that sounds like im being thick, just want to make sure. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Well, to keep it simple:

- if you want to sign a player, scout him first

- if you can't scout him, bring him in on trial.

- if you can't scout him or bring him in on trial, you can't sign him (unless he was recommended to you by another player.)

Well put mate icon14.gif

Johhny - Cheers icon_biggrin.gif

Well, to keep it simple:

- if you can't scout him or bring him in on trial, you can't sign him (unless he was recommended to you by another player.)

A-ha. Thats the game clincher right there old chap. Got ya! Roger that! icon14.gif

Well, to keep it simple:

To elaborate on this:

This isn't the LLM-forum, so which screen you can or can't use to make it more realistic isn't really the issue.

If you want to use LLM rules, that's perfectly fine (some people do), but it's also perfectly fine to use the player search list, or check nations' youth squads, or whatever, as long as you follow the above checklist when you want to sign someone.

What the?

A week into the job, i have just secured some back room staff, started scouting greece when suddenly this comes up.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9366/omgva5.jpg

Looks like the old manager had been busy signing lots of players.

looks like it!! i had a couple join me at Chmel after i started. hopefully they're decent players!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Well, to keep it simple:

To elaborate on this:

This isn't the LLM-forum, so which screen you can or can't use to make it more realistic isn't really the issue.

If you want to use LLM rules, that's perfectly fine (some people do), but it's also perfectly fine to use the player search list, or check nations' youth squads, or whatever, as long as you follow the above checklist when you want to sign someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spot on. just depends how 'extreme' you want to take it i guess.

Archived